[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw quitting smoking Any tips gents? Tired of smelling like

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Unknown-1.jpg (6KB, 215x235px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown-1.jpg
6KB, 215x235px
>tfw quitting smoking

Any tips gents? Tired of smelling like an ashtray. Going cold turkey here. Figure I'll start exercising everyday and sweat it out in the sauna to start.
>>
Get a pack of really strong smokes like Natural American Spirits Black. Chain smoke a couple and eventually you'll get really sick. Do this and hopefully you can start associating nicotine and cigarettes with being sick and you won't crave it anymore. Worked for me.
>>
>>25733302
I quit cold turkey like 2 months ago. Just stop buying them.
>>
>>25733334
I once did that but instead of american spirits it was black and milds. Those things are terrible if they're your only source of nicotine.
>>
>>25733302
I'm right here with you, OP. I'm ready to quit myself. I'm pretty tired of it, I've been smoking since I was 9.
>>
>>25733334
>Consume nicotine in order to break addiction to nicotine

By you're logic I could kick an addiction to heroin by doing SO much heroin it makes me sick and then I won't want to do it anymore.
>>
>>25733302
Start vaping, then gradually decrease the vape oil strength. Worked for me
>>
>>25733402

One kills you, the other just makes you really sick. Kind of like how drinking too much vodka one night will make you repulsed by the taste of vodka.
>>
>>25733302

The only things that have let mew cut down on smoking/quit is being in an environment where smoking is completely unacceptable.

In my case I smoked as a teen when parents weren't around/I was living seperately. When I stayed at home they wouldn't let me smoke and I found quitting so much easier.

If this isn't possible then really just see the doctor and get nicotine supplements and slowly cut down. Cold turkey is great til you cave in. If that happens make sure you don't cave in with cigarettes but vaping/gum/patches.
>>
E-cig dude, that's how I did it. Ignore the fedora memes. Nautilus mini tank, eleaf 20w battery and you're good to go. Lower the nicotine intake over a period of 3 months till it's down to 0 and then stop. If you're a hardcore heavy smoker from a very young age I suggest 6 months, that's what I did.

You also get all the benefits of quitting smoking in that period too, which is fucking awesome. Increased lung capacity, your erections will be much stronger and fuller, you'll be able to work out again, no more smelling like shit, your teeth will get whiter, the list goes on.
>>
>>25733302
Drink water, try to eat healthy, workout.
Try to live a healthy live so you can feel being clean.
>>
>>25733432
If he's anything like me he'll just adjust. Former boozer and cigarette junkie.

I could be sick as a dog from drinking, all day hang over, throwing up, etc and I'd still do it again that night
>>
First off, good job for taking the first step, anon.

I'm gonna tell you what helped for me, hopefully this'll help. First step is to ruminate over what'll possibly limit you from quitting. Attempting to identify the factors before they come up can really help you. Preventing distress from not smoking is better than trying to figure out what's wrong and what you can do to stop feeling terrible while you're in the heat of the stress.

Try to keep what stresses you out away from you during the worst of the quitting period: three weeks to one month. Take a vacation if you have to. It helped me to stay inside and just hole up with snacks and food but, not everyone has that luxury so, try to make up for it the way you know how.

Now, try to find things that will simulate having a cigarette to you. Find the most important stuff about it to you and try to think of something that's similar. Don't worry about it not being exactly the same. If you have something to anchor your brain to through stimulation, you're good. Brains are dumb and their sense of a difference between one stimulus and another is but an inkling. The anticipatory effect of dopamine will have an affect on you whether you're without nicotine or not. What matters is redirecting the motivation it gives you onto something else.

Redirecting onto exercise is a good idea, due to all of the endorphins and crap that circulate around your system when you're doing that shit. But, if that fails, try coffee. It's significantly easier to wean off and less harmful bodily wise. And, it doesn't leave a cloud of shit that'll make you stink.

Do stuff you like. Don't see people who you'll hate. Start when you have a day off. And, don't pressure yourself. That causes stress. Leave a pack somewhere in your place if you need to and let yourself have one if you feel like you're too stressed out to continue living. It gets easier the longer you do it. You'll never truly be free but, good on you for fighting the good fight.
>>
>>25733302
Taper off
Consider vaping
Have the desire to stop
>>
>>25733302
work your way down to one a day. once you're comfortable with that, let yourself run out of cigarettes and just don't buy another pack. when you don't have any cigarettes around, it's surprisingly easy to quit.
>>
I had my last smoke 3 months ago, it is not that hard anon, unless you are used to smoking a pack a day. You should start on the weekend, or at what time of the week you are less stressed, make sure to pack up on food, movies, music and shit to distract you if you get any cravings. After the first week you won't even notice it.
>>
>>25733302
don't smoke cigarettes even if u want to
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.