[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When was the last time you read a book?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

When was the last time you read a book?
>>
>>25689787
Since High School, so five years ago.
>>
File: 1_webcam-toy-photo1.jpg (59KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1_webcam-toy-photo1.jpg
59KB, 800x600px
i read books all the time, takes a bit longer to finish them tho... was reading that jesus foreskin book latest tho
>>
>>25689787
I did borrow 3 books from the local library, but now I only read a few pages every night before falling asleep.
I've read 2-3 books during Christmas vacations though.

It was quite a while since I read anything non-technical, and also the first time I re-read a book.
I was surprised by the fact that now, after years, instead of reading the story, I "read the writer", ie I can actually understand why the writer writes this way.
It was pretty interesting.
>>
I don't know. Books are boring.
>>
I wan't /pol/ approved books but the store don't have them.
>>
Yesterday before I went to bed.
>>
File: image.png (568KB, 617x850px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
568KB, 617x850px
It's been so long I've forgotten how to do it.
>>
File: 1447185188007.jpg (94KB, 465x600px) Image search: [Google]
1447185188007.jpg
94KB, 465x600px
Halfway through Plato's complete works right now. I plan on reading most of the big names in the Western canon so it's gonna be a while
>>
>>25690273
Who would you waste your life reading that old shit?
>>
File: 23164927.jpg (25KB, 263x400px) Image search: [Google]
23164927.jpg
25KB, 263x400px
Read The Fold by Peter Cline. Huge mistake. Another case of fantastic premise and shit ending.
>>
I'm reading several right now
>>
You mean like a book book?
>>
>>25690288
not him, but I read some of Thucydides History, and it was just ebin.

In fact he blames some women for being stolen by a visiting ship.
I'm sure r9k would love it.
>>
>>25690288
They are the basis of almost everything, and I do mean everything.
>>
I read Things Fall Apart over the summer and was fairly moved by it.

>inb4 cuck
>>
>>25690382
niggers got what they deserved
>>
>>25690382
That book was good as fuck. For some reason when I started reading it, I didn't know what it was about and thought it was set in Japan for an embarrassingly long time.
>>
File: 20160112_182843.jpg (832KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20160112_182843.jpg
832KB, 2048x1536px
Reading one right now m8
>>
>>25689787
reading silmarillion, dark tower IV (stephen king) and h.p.lovecraft atm.

good shit.
>>
People are more concerned about reading literature that's considered important and impressive than what they enjoy.
The last book I read was a week ago and was cheesy YA fiction.
>>
I read theory of fun the other day. it's about how games shape society
>>
Just stopped reading Pride and Prejudice for the day. It's 1:30 AM. I'd keep going, but I just got back from work and am quite exhausted.
>>
>>25690436
Looks good. I just started reading 'forgotten soldier', it's about the eastern front, heard a lot of great things about it. I'm looking forward to learning a lot about the actual experiences of soldiers in that war.
>>
>>25690495
I'm reading the zombie survival guide right now. It's awesome and fun
>>
Night Circus wasn't bad. Had a real "Magicians" feel to it.
>>
Last year, Shardik by Richard Adams.

I read a lot of comics, but I don't count those.
>>
>>25689787
maybe 2 months ago

Notes from Underground was pretty gud
>>
Reading Mythology by Edith Hamilton right now.
>>
>>25690833
God, I listened to that in audiobook format a while ago, read by an old man with a voice like dry leaves.

The feels were palpable.
>>
>>25690209
did you post this because it looks like some dude getting head?
>>
>>25690382
Reading this in school and can confirm, its really good
>>
>>25689787

Yesterday, the Bible.
>>
>>25689787
Are you from the Melbourne area? I recognize those stickers on the spine.
>>
I read part of Mythology yesterday, but it was the first time I've read a book in like 5 years though.
>>
>>25689787
I finished Brave New World yesterday.
>>
>>25689787
Reading on 'mindfulness meditation' has left me unable to read. My attention is being shredded by constant self-awareness.

I forgive Buddhists what they have done to me, but I will do everything in my power to keep other people from that condition.
>>
>>25692530

You recognise the generic stickers all libraries use for ease of shelving?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.