[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

harsh truths

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

File: 1436930948475.png (411KB, 632x475px) Image search: [Google]
1436930948475.png
411KB, 632x475px
>tfw love doesn't exist, it's just a chemical reaction
>tfw there is no such thing as altruism; literally everything we do is for the sole purpose of making ourselves feel good
>tfw there is almost certainly no such thing as an afterlife and the only thing that awaits you after death is a terrifying infinite nothingness
>tfw shitty people won't get their comeuppance in the end; instead, they'll live happier and more successful lives than you due to their confidence and alpha behavior
>tfw people suffer for no reason
>tfw it doesn't get better and you will die alone and unloved
>>
into a depressive episode i go!
>>
If women only care about you because you're tall they see you as nothing more than a social object to show off, because it shows society that they're successful socially.
>>
>>25684729
If love isn't real because it's the effects of a drug, is it safe to say that happiness and sadness are also unreal? They're just the momentary awareness of a chemical reaction taking place and nothing more. That means those things shouldn't matter, right?
>>
>>25684729
>>tfw there is no such thing as altruism; literally everything we do is for the sole purpose of making ourselves feel good

That's true anon, but I don't really care, because it feels terrible to see another people suffer (besides successfulnormalfags) and it's pleasant to cheer them up or help them a bit.

Even if I die alone , I die knowing I helped out a few people and quite a few people suffer a little less during life and that's good enough for me tbqh imo senpai
>>
>>25684729
>tfw everything you just said doesn't matters so who gives a shit?
>tfw ur gay
>>
>>25684980
>I'm thirteen and just came from /b/: the post
>>
>>25684935
nothing matters, man. this is all temporary.
>>
>>25684935
They only matter if you give them value.

If you believe that love is still worth pursuing, even knowing its chemical basis, then go for it.
>>
File: 239852602.png (84KB, 382x224px) Image search: [Google]
239852602.png
84KB, 382x224px
>>25684729
>infinite nothingness
>terrifying

feeling nothing > feeling constant drunken misery
>>
>>25684729
>Even if love is a chemical reaction, it's still an enjoyable (if fleeting) high
>Infinite nothingness doesn't sound that terrifying

In agreement on everything else
>>
omg so deep holy shit

im going to print this out and use it for my highschool presentation
>>
File: 1442721151868.gif (42KB, 468x554px) Image search: [Google]
1442721151868.gif
42KB, 468x554px
>there is no objective morality
>there is no self(think of the Ship of Theseus)
>Knowledge is ultimately unattainable
>not everything can be found through logic
>>
>>25684729
>terrifying infinite nothingness
sounds pretty fantastic actually.
>>
File: HL83Gsz[1].jpg (36KB, 320x400px) Image search: [Google]
HL83Gsz[1].jpg
36KB, 320x400px
>>25685025
THIS HOLY REALITY, THIS HOLY EXPERIENCE
CHOOSING TO BE HERE IN...
THIS BODY, THIS BODY HOLDING ME
BE MY REMINDER HERE THAT I AM NOT ALONE IN...
THIS BODY, THIS BODY HOLDING ME, FEELING ETERNAL
ALL THIS PAIN IS AN ILLUSION
>>
>>25685100
See, this is the kind of shit that annoys me. You can't even bring up things like this because people will just call you a teenage edgelord out of a kneejerk desire to make themselves seem smarter than you. Why can't we have a discussion about this?
>>
Every emotion is a chemical reaction, dumbass. That doesn't make it "less real".
>>
>>25685154
fucking hell yes. My favorite:

Credulous at best
Your desire to believe in
Angels in the hearts of men.
But pull your head on out (of) your hippie haze
And give a listen
Shouldn't have to say it all again

The universe is hostile
So impersonal
Devour to survive
So it is, so it's always been .
>>
>>25684729
if everything we do is for the purpose of making ourselves feel good, why would a mother sacrifice herself for her child?
>>
File: merrily merrily.jpg (44KB, 364x561px) Image search: [Google]
merrily merrily.jpg
44KB, 364x561px
>>25685210
You can. Stop giving a fuck about plebs and logical positivists
>>
You can condense everything down to the dual gods of Serotonin and Dopamine.
>>
>>25685210

because this is pseudo intellectual dogshit perpetuated mostly by people to seem 'enlightened' to the true inner workings of life.

its something that is associated with a teens coming to awareness of reality outside his/her own immediate surroundings, how there are a lot of unanswered questions re: life, and how that makes things appear pointless & hopeless.

especially when its all utter pessimism and pure intellectual masturbation, it's so fucking pathetic and boring.

> terrifying nothingness

> love is meaningless because it's chemicals

> people suffer for no reason

> you die alone and unloved.

like seriously read a book you dumb cunt.
>>
File: laughing girls.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
laughing girls.png
490KB, 449x401px
>>25685423
>he's not a cynic
>>
>the only martial arts legends most people will care about years from now a actors
>>
>>25685498

being a cynic or optimist is for retards.

play the hand as its dealt; appreciate the good, reflect on the bad, move the fuck on.
>>
>>25684729

>Just because it's a chemical reaction doesn't mean it's not a real thing. Everything is chemistry, so is nothing real?
>Sure, but doesn't that say something good about human nature that ordinary people are chemically wired to feel good about helping others?
>Not darkness - you just won't exist. Poof. GG. Bye. Nothing to worry about.
>Vote Bernie Sanders and laugh as the money they made off lucking out at birth and marrying people who did gets spent on creating infinite minimum wage jobs, then laugh harder as they flood out of the US and live in exile in Tonga while their wealth hemorrhages crying for their lost nation as the Beta Republic rises
>Take a second thought, rationally identify material causes of said suffering, and then work to end them through politics/charity/individual advocacy. The world is a work in etetnal progress. Help out, anon.
>Implying rich fucks who die surrounded by dozens of grandchildren and weeping relatives are any better off when dead.

Death comes for everyone. It's the great equalizer. Get some perverse satisfaction there, anon. Life is unfair, but death is as equal as it gets.
>>
>>25684729
Babbies first existential crisis?
>>
>>25685549

Samefag as above.

>>25685423

Could also try anime. Yahari springs to mind about how this worldview is understandable, but full of shit.
>>
>>25684729
>>tfw love doesn't exist, it's just a chemical reaction
Stopped reading right here.
>It doesn't exist
>It's X and Y
You can't into logic. Having an existential crisis apparently doesn't make you nonretarded. Are you literally 16 years old?
>>
>>25685525
I'd rather be an unnoticed cynic than anything else, that why if anything bad happens I won't be too upset.
>>
>>25685604
Love in the way we imagine it doesn't exist, you fucking retard. What we think of as love is really just a chemical reaction. You can't into reading comprehension; it's pretty fucking clear what I meant.
>>
>>25685663
I know what you mean you smug fuckface, it's not deep, it's retarded.
Chairs are literally just pieces of wood. You are literally just a bag of meat and shit. Your dumbfuck thoughts and memories are just interconnected neurons transmitting signals.
Are you literally 16?
>>
>>25684729
>>tfw there is almost certainly no such thing as an afterlife and the only thing that awaits you after death is a terrifying infinite nothingness

Might be terrifying for you because you're a normie, but for people like me, we understand the end is an inevitability like the end of the universe and then, get this, we get on with a excruciatingly short lives because we don't have time to sit in fear like you op. Fuck yourself you his damn idiot
>>
>>25684729
You should read the last question by isaac asimov, it's only a few pages long, you seem like your would like it.

> Tfw maybe altruism isn't real but damn if I won't try and make it as real as I can
>>
>>25685796
I'm not trying to be deep you fucking faggot. And for your information I'm 22 and dropped out of college two years ago because I couldn't stand the smug liberal pricks that infested every area of the campus. Also, I got shit grades.

Either contribute to my thread or fuck off.
>>
File: 559745.png (225KB, 480x479px) Image search: [Google]
559745.png
225KB, 480x479px
>>25684729
>terrifying infinite nothingness
Too bad you can't be terrified when you're nothing!
>>
>>25685604
so I guess my acid hallucinations are real and not chemical reactions
>>
>>25684729
>the only thing that awaits you after death is a terrifying infinite nothingness
That's no terrifying.

We all experienced infinite nothingness before our births.

Life has been noting but a pain in the ass for most of my life.

I for one welcome death with open arms as long as it's quick and painless.

I'm just too much of a coward to do it myself.
>>
are you trying to convince us or convince urself OP?
its okay she still loves you everything else is just a cover up and inbetween to make you go after her and test u
>>
>>25686052
I contribute, though trying to teach you is a hard task as you're as stubborn as you are dumb.

Pain is neurons firing, stuff happening in the brain. Does knowing this make pain any less real? If some psycho starts flaying you alive you'll be in misery, your knowledge of the mechanism of pain won't change anything. You'll be in pain.
Love is chemicals and stuff happening in the brain. Does knowing this make love any less real? If you see a qt girl, just your type, who smiles at you and you talk, and you feel really happy and excited, your knowledge that it's dopamine and serotonin working won't change anything. You'll be in love.

You're just another oversensitive, dumb autistic faggot, that's why you couldn't dismiss the disturbance caused by your peers.
>>
Here's a real harsh truth

>we're alone
At least in this galaxy.
>>
>>25685328
Because her child dying would bring her more pain than her being dead.
no pain>Pain
It's a selfish act.
>>
File: 1444202284617.jpg (112KB, 419x536px) Image search: [Google]
1444202284617.jpg
112KB, 419x536px
There is no objective way of looking at this reality even less so looking at it through the lenses of the modern scientific chastity cage.
>>
>>25686258
Of course not. Concepts in general are not real by the words strictest sense. But OP doesn't speak about that, he's just being a brooding faggot. And you're being a nitpicking autist trying to be smart.
Do chairs exist? It's just pieces of metal and wood and yeah you can sit on it, but why would it be a chair? Because we agreed that this particular thing we will call chair.
Yes love is just a pattern chemical reactions that manifest itselfs as certain sensations, so why would it be love? Because we agreed that these particular sensations we will call love.
>>
File: 1452400253359.png (1MB, 3250x1700px) Image search: [Google]
1452400253359.png
1MB, 3250x1700px
>>25684729
>>tfw there is no such thing as altruism; literally everything we do is for the sole purpose of making ourselves feel good
maybe if you have autism
>>
bright side: your emotions are the only reason why you care about any of that
If it makes you sad, then its because really you want to be happy about reality rather than sad about it.
So there's no reason to despair as your despair over reality just reaffirms your attachment to it.
Therefore simply deciding to seek happiness is enough to deny all the problems that all those issues you have reality may cause, because if you're happy they are nothing. If you're sad, its just another thing to be sad about.

Despairing over knowledge of reality and despairing over not getting a walmart job is the same kind of despair.
Its just an emotion, a fleeting blip in the experience within your mind, a wave that washes out of your mind.

Though I don't expect /r9k/ to understand.
>>
>>25686442
We could realistically not be alone in the galaxy and still not meet any other form of life due to the sheer size.
>>
>>25686732
>don't meet life
>"wow I guess its just humans amirite?"

>meet life
>"aw shit they've got eight cocks and are raping our women, I guess its okay though I don't want to be called anti-alien"
>>
>>25684729
If
>tfw love doesn't exist, it's just a chemical reaction
then
>tfw it doesn't get better and you will die alone and unloved
shouldn't be so bad.
>>
>>25686794
>space /pol/
its true tho
>>
>>25684729
>tl;dr I'm autistic and unintelligent
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.