[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Describe your experiences on Xanax while having severe social

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 1452310006671.png (191KB, 500x288px) Image search: [Google]
1452310006671.png
191KB, 500x288px
Describe your experiences on Xanax while having severe social anxiety. Would you recommend it to someone who hasn't had a real friend in 5 years?
>>
File: 1445786188057.jpg (35KB, 605x605px) Image search: [Google]
1445786188057.jpg
35KB, 605x605px
What even is a real friend though?
>>
>>25674323
I just want to talk about medicine, man. No philosophy pls.
>>
Xanax is a scourge on modern medicine. A no more perfect drug exists to take and tune out. It doesn't treat anything, just masks it in your new, zombified personality.
It's literally Soma if you're into that kind of thing
>>
I don't have severe social anxiety, but alcohol makes me much more of a normie than xanax ever has. Which is odd, because as I understand they act on the same receptors.

When I drink, I speak up more and make jokes. When I pop xanax, I just stop worrying about shit and then get sleepy.
>>
You're gay
That's my experience
Why not learn to overcome your anxiety like a normal person instead of a try hard
You realize you can get a xanax prescription like twice before a normal doctor takes you off of it
Plus you probably won't even get xanax

You do realize doctors know you're just getting it to get "high" if you can even call it that

You do realize you are not going to get xanax unless you're like 63
>>
>>25674523
You've clearly not taken it. I have panic attacks and xanax allows me to stop freaking out. So yes, it does treat something. Very effectively, actually.
>>
People get addicted to it easily
Kind of says something about the target audience for the people who use it
Fucking normies who are actually retarded enough to use some shit drug enough to get "addicted" and hmph my life is so hard!
Benzos are shit they don't do anything
Literally at all
Then you forget everything the next day
Which, no, isn't cool at all
>>
>>25674035
It felt like I was living in third person mode. Sometimes it was like everything and everyone was underwater.
>>
Usually it works pretty well, but I took a lot once to get through this presentation I had for a class and I still freaked out and looked like a total sperg. So it failed me that time badly, but other than that it has saved my ass many times. Too bad I got addicted, but thanks to weed I've nearly got myself completely off it.
>>
If you aren't a normalshit you literally won't be affected by it
Drugs don't magically make you forget your problems unless you're a whiny stacy and your problems are nonexistent
Don't fall for the meme OP
Xanax is literally tumblr: the drug
>>
>>25674729
I used to socially retarded but now I think I just have severe anxiety in social situations. I can talk to people but the second things start going over the line from acquaintance to friend I start freaking out. I think I've just been alone for so long that the concept of making friends has become almost scary to me.
>>
>>25674774
If you really want to fix it, go out and talk to people.
Get drunk and hang out with people at a bar, if you're in college
Of course, on r9k this advice never works so sure go get xanax and have nothing change in your life beside the fact that youre heavily addicted to a drug
>>
>>25674856
I'm 19 and go to a commuter college.
>>
>>25674867
you could always try talking to old friends... im sure you have at least one
if you asked them to hang out theyd probably be glad to
just remember everything in your head is probably super overhyped to what it really is
its no big deal to talk to people anon
they literally do. not. care. at all.
Think of yourself as the guy who plays guitar in front of people but before he starts he goes "h-hey ive never d-done this before... s-so dont just... think of my music as a part of my s-soul hah...."
Like nigga, no one cares, like.... nigga... no one fucking cares at all about you.. no one. at all
Especially now that no one knows you and you have no friends
No one FOR REAL cares like.... nigga........
>>
>>25674960
>Like nigga, no one cares, like.... nigga... no one fucking cares at all about you.. no one. at all
That's a fucking lie and you know it. I used to hang out with people I knew from high school and mental illness got the better of me which turned me into an awkward loser who would literally just shut down and not say a single fucking word to anyone while the rest of them chatted, laughed, and enjoyed each others company. They'd occasionally glance over at me and just see this fucking zombie that hasn't said a single word for the past hour and think wtf is up with this guy. If you're awkward and not sociable you literally shit up the atmosphere and no one wants anything to do with you because you ruin the mood.
>>
>>25675089
no i dont know it
because no one cares
do you really ever see someone in public and go "haha wow look at the way that guy walks! what a loser! haha!! LOSER!"
"Ha. Did this guy choke when he was talking to me? I'm gonna fucking tell everyone! Haha I'm gonna tell Garret I'm gonna tell Cheryl I'm gonna tell Tyler! They'll think this was so funny! And when this guy walks away I'm gonna take a picture of him and post it on twitter! LOSER! What the fuck is this guys deal!"
>>
Well if Xanax sucks then what are some good alternative other than "bee myself"?
>>
>>25676090
Benzos are pretty much the best drugs you can get as far as anxiety is concerned. You could try SSRIs or CBT. Those work for some people.
>>
>>25674035

Xanax isn't used to treat social anxiety. It's an anti-seizure medication that's sometimes prescribed off-label for people prone to severe panic attacks.

>Describe your experiences on Xanax

It slows down brain function so you can chill the fuck out instead of having panic attacks.

It makes you "high," which is a calming effect accompanied by a pleasant sort of dizzy / floaty feeling. Xanax is in and out of your system pretty quickly, so the effects don't last very long. Once it wears off, it can feel like having a hangover... or being hit by a truck.

>Would you recommend it to someone who hasn't had a real friend in 5 years?

No. Xanax is a stop-gap that's used to come down from severe panic attacks. It's not going to help you be more social, and you can't take it on a long-term basis due to inevitable tolerance and physical dependency. Benzo (Xanax) withdrawal is possibly the worst drug-related withdrawal the human body can survive.
>>
>>25676090
A low dose of MDMA, but you probably won't just "be yourself".

Alcohol is your best shot, that's why it's popular. Most people don't drink in a social situation to get fucked up, it's that it relieves the social anxiety that your average person has.
>>
>>25674729

>tumblr drug

I don't know man. The average recreational Xanax user where I live is an unemployed 19-20 year-old wigger wearing baggy ass hoodies like it's 2002, who drives around smoking blunts and blasting rap music in his 98 Nissan. It used to be pretty big around here, but now that we have a huge heroin epidemic, a lot of the Xanax-heads turned into dope fiends.
>>
>>25676147
I tried SSRI's when I was in high school and made me even worse.
>>
OP Xanax works, but make sure you only ever take it with alcohol --preferably at least 7 shots of 80 proof vodka with each pill.
>>
>>25676147
Why would Cock and Ball Torture help anyone's anxiety???
>>
>>25676930
It's calming to know master knows what's best for a pathetic little runt like you.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.