[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is bullying just part of a healthy normal society? Is bullying

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: bully-1.jpg (68KB, 847x1280px) Image search: [Google]
bully-1.jpg
68KB, 847x1280px
Is bullying just part of a healthy normal society? Is bullying also good for the kid being bullied?
>>
I guess it kind of goes both ways. On one hand it teaches you how the world is at an early age, which can prepare and fortify you.

On the other hand it can really fuck some people up if done at the wrong time/incorrectly.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-06-19-09-38-57.png (663KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-06-19-09-38-57.png
663KB, 1080x1920px
I was bullied all throughout school and a big beta till I turned 21. After that I joined the Marine Corps infantry and become man. Started lifting got bug and more confident, I like to believe that if I wasn't bullied I wouldn't be doing so good in life so I do believe that bullying is just a part of life and don't regret a thing. But if I have a kid I would like to train him or her to protect himself and others they never have to feel what it's like to get picked on
>>
>>25670569
Depends on the person being bullied. Some will use it to better themselves some, probably us, will be broken by it.
>>
It's good for society in the same way big monkeys raping the smaller monkeys to assert dominance is good for monkey society.
>>
>>25670624

Helpful jeering isn't the same thing as being emotionally and physically tortured every day. You can still achieve the same results but not have it be as bad.
>>
Can't say that it did me a whole lot of good, after all I ended up here.
>>
>>25670569

If it's a bunch of retards bullying someone smarter because le nerd xd then no

if you bully someone because hes a commie then yes
>>
>>25670653

thats only good for monkey societies though

in the case of raping we can arm ourselves and kill attackers pretty easily

then you'll bring someone retarded ass survival of the fittest thing, which everyone should know you cannot simply lead a community based on the amount of muscle you have
>>
I think it probaly can be as a male bonding experience, but zero tolerance policies and ideas like don't hit back are what end up alienating people.
>>
File: 1451789243197.jpg (332KB, 2000x2724px) Image search: [Google]
1451789243197.jpg
332KB, 2000x2724px
>>25670824

a society that only has brute strength elites is a very degenerate society, I dont think it ever worked out as you can see only the smartest survive

Then we know the elite of today are not good willed and we have no reason to keep them

only the best breed of man should be at the top, and hundreeeeds of years ago if not thousands, it was the man closest from the gods, if not made of the same stock, who was at the top, brute strength wasnt required to make people kneel
>>
>>25670569
It's good but only to adjust abnormal autistic behavior and hindering beta behavior.
>>25670893
>a society that only has brute strength elites is a very degenerate society
But an environment with only smart people in safe spaces breeds pacifism which is even more toxic, just look at what happens in countries like Sweden and Japan. Those men there have no testosterone to get things done anymore.
>>
>>25670569
the one purpose bullying has is as a means of forcing conformity,
so if its a group bullying one kid for sticking out, yes that normal and healthy.
if its one kid bullying those weaker than him for the sake of a power trip, then no.
>>
>>25670952
>Japan
confirmed for not fucking knowing what you are talking about. Bullying is a massively ingrained thing in japan to the point where they have the 2nd highest juvenile suicide rate in the world.
Hell in japan bullying actually follows you into adulthood, bullying , harassing and humiliating newcomers into a workforce is kind of seen as normal thing there.
>>
File: 1452270433575.png (440KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1452270433575.png
440KB, 633x758px
It is healthy as long as the bullied kid is allowed to fight back.

Nowadays the system punishes bullied kids who stand up to the bullies. As if fighting is bad.

Bullies don't have issues. They bully just because it's fun.

So when the victims get punished by the teachers it fucks them up for life. They get the idea that fighting back is wrong. That they deserve to be stepped on.

Uncle Ben was a faggot. That's why spidy never grew up.
>>
>>25670569
Yes it is normal social animal behavior. Animals attack weakness, if you are weak then you are a liability. You can watch dog whisperer to understand this, no joke.
>>
File: plznobully.jpg (63KB, 572x497px) Image search: [Google]
plznobully.jpg
63KB, 572x497px
Banter is fine.

Bullying involves socially ostracizing someone and indulging in a kind of hate fetish. Bullies don't say "that's annoying", they brand the person an inferior, a nigger, dipshit, twat, etcetera. It stems from the instinct to create a pecking order like hens in a chicken coop, except they are applying it to sapient beings and pretending their feelings are not neurotic bullshit but have some kind of weight behind them.

The "I bully nerds because dad beats me" is partly true, that might not be the specific cause but they often have a lot of frustration and it does not matter to them whether they direct it towards the actual source of the problem or the first thing that sets them off.
>>
>>25671048
They get bullied because shaming them doesn't work on them it has nothing to do with people trying to be dominant with about strength.
>>
>>25670569
I don't think it's really part of a healthy society.. Or, at least, it's not a necessary condition for the society to be healthy. I grew up in a pretty healthy society, and bullying was pretty rare. You can still have a pretty healthy society that's filled with shitty parents who don't know how to raise their kids with a sense of decency.

Of course, there's also bullying that can arguably be said to be outside the parents' control, like when the bully doesn't actually know what the consequences of his or her actions are. But, bottom line, I don't think society needs it in order to be healthy, and we should strive to get rid of that phenomenon.
>>
>>25671052
And what if the bullied fights back and get his teeth kicked in?

Often times the bullet wants you to fight back because he knows he can win and wants to start a fight without literally punching you in the face as an opening.
>>
>>25670893
>I enjoy being cucked by brutes
>>
>>25670569
Bullying has become too poorly defined. Serious crimes and playground scuffles cannot both belong under the umbrella term "bullying" without robbing it of being in any way useful.
>>
>>25671152
>
Often times the bullet wants you to fight back because he knows he can win and wants to start a fight without literally punching you in the face as an opening.

Wrong. Bullies only do it when they know that the kid won't fight back. I have seen them stop when the kids stand up. It stops being a game for them.
>>
>>25671219
Not sure what schools you've been to but the bullies I've seen are usually bigger/stronger than the kid and they are bored.

So basically:

Kid gets bullied -> does nothing -> Bully enjoys humiliating someone

Kid gets bullied -> fights back -> Bully was looking for a fight to begin with so he obliges and reks kid

It's a win win situation for them
>>
>>25671278
No matter how big and strong and muscular you are, a brick to the head is enough to get wrecked.

If a kid this to fight the bully while he is surrounded by the bully's friends and the bully is already warmed up, then the kid is a dumbass. Even as a 8 year old I wasn't so stupid.

Bullying is NOT clean play so you can't fight back nicely.

My little brother was bullied by a kid twice his size, but he stalked him and when the bully wasn't looking he wrecked him with a baseball bat and throwing chilly on his eyes. Never got bullied after that, the bully of course never told anyone. It would be humiliating to say that you got wrecked by a smaller kid.

I wish I had enough balls to do that when I was a kid.
>>
>anti-bullying laws passed
>suddenly lulsorandum people aren't being beat into the ground until they grow up anymore
>suddenly these people get to grow up lulsorandum and become sjws and trannies instead of learning to be normal
Bring back bullying 2k16.
>>
File: MadTvCoachGumChewHeadShake.gif (1MB, 300x188px) Image search: [Google]
MadTvCoachGumChewHeadShake.gif
1MB, 300x188px
>>25671194
This.
Any action can have a huge list of reasons why it's being selected by the person. A way of coping with stress or boredom, or having a lack of structure, lack of reasoning and limitations... or maybe the kid is just a born monster who has no empathy due to brain damage/chemistry or defect from a mother who smoked/drank. It's also not only the strong that bully, you can bully people through social connections or intelligence; gender doesn't matter either, anyone can.
The list is fucking endless.

> People who say it's acceptable
Only in the educational sense that it's a challenge to overcome for both parties, and that it eventually ends positively for both parties.
While having an antagonist in life is inevitable and it is useful to learn how to handle it from an early age, you don't fucking do it with so little structure that one of the children ends up gimping or killing the other kid, or holding a life-long grudge.

Dealing with a bully is so difficult because you have to educate two children at once, and one child is a serious enough challenge as it is. Then you get to add on the fact a child has poorly defined sense of reason and may not even know "why" they bully the other kid.
>>
>>25671414
Man that's only in movies and hindsight.

In reality bullies just do little but annoying shit to get you to fight them, and most of the time kids don't because they think "oh it'll get better soon... He surely won't keep doing this".

Little shit like pinching you repeatedly, where on the one hand it sounds pretty silly to complain to a teacher about, try to fight over or do anything really yet on the other hand it's pretty obvious this needs to be responded to in some way.

In hindsight ofc it's always "Yeah well I would've punched him square in the face then dodged his punches and ducked his hook then gave him a pefectly placed uppercut". In the moment it's a lot harder to do anything.
>>
>>25671600
Are you a white American in a suburb perhaps?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.