[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>can't be bothered to apply for jobs anymore because

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1443391333610.jpg (182KB, 720x1107px) Image search: [Google]
1443391333610.jpg
182KB, 720x1107px
>can't be bothered to apply for jobs anymore because I always end up getting rejected or told "[I] don't have the necessary experience" or "while you were qualified, you were not the most qualified"

Stupid job market.
>>
It's basically a lottery. If you don't put in your applications, you'll never win a job.
>>
>>25651937

i honestly don't think i would ever have had to deal with serious depression / anxiety if i had managed to find a decent paying job that i didn't hate.

>all i'm qualified for is teaching english and being a humanities grad student...JUST
>>
Only people that seem to get jobs easily are the idiots around me.

I've always lucked into meeting the right people or having connections, but the dumber people are, the more jobs they go through.

Never seems to hinder them that they just quit whatever job whenever they want, they get a new one from nothing in a week.
>>
File: 1448856726074.jpg (34KB, 400x519px) Image search: [Google]
1448856726074.jpg
34KB, 400x519px
>>25653065
And what are the chances of actually winning the lotto? For all effects and purposes, infinitely small - you could buy the lotto every single day for the rest of your life, and you'd never win. Thanks for that 'encouraging' post, I suppose.

>>25653173
I have problems that money could never fix, but admittedly, having money would help me in other areas. For one, I wouldn't have to live with my parents, anymore...
>>
>>25653065
Unless you know someone. And these days, most people do not want to spend social capital on getting someone a job.

For two reasons:
1. What if the person is better than me
and
2. What if this person is awful at his job.
>>
>>25651937
Expirience dude just lie about, read some shit about ist online et voila you have expirience without lying.
To survive in this world be shrewd, ruthless and step on others on your way to your goals.
Because all kind words aside they will do the same to you
>>
>>25653065
It:s not a lottery at all.

Op just keep applying, you'll get one eventually. Maybe fix your presentation letter, you should add how you're basically indispensable to the place you're applying to and what your goals are (long term ones, never ever tell them about the short term goals, they might think you'll drop off as soon as possible.)
>>
I went to the library today. All the old geezers where replaced by young girls. Heh.

One big issue you have, op, is that you're applying AFTER the holidays. Why is this a problem? Because most stores hired massively to prepair for this specific period, and when it was over they kept the prettiest and most qualified one, meaning there's most likely no more empty spot for you. You came too late. Better wait until mid-may for the summer jobs.
>>
>>25653260
Because it is a lottery. Only difference is that you do not have to pay to enter and at the same time, if you don't you might be homeless.

Problem is some americans are just in deep denial how the job market really works. They deny it's a lottery, but they basically sum up the process of how to get a job that basically is the lottery. Like this anon here: >>25653488

What many anons like the one I mention do not realize that "eventually" equals to at least ONE YEAR. Some people do not have one year to get a job, they need one within weeks or sometimes days. Many do not realize that for some companies, they have job opportunities but they're not hiring.

>>25653564
I bet those young girls are technology illiterate.
>>
>>25653784
>I bet those young girls are technology illiterate.
Not at all. They had more than two months of formation, so they are pretty sharp at it. There where no supervisor in sight either, proof that they are reliable on every level. Although I'll give you delusional cunt a point and admit that no one had even welcomed me or wished me a good day on my way out, despite going out of my way to tell at least one employee a simple goodbye.

Among other things, the job market is not a lottery, because that would be assuming that everypone has equal chances at any job, which is completely not the case. Some poeple were more suited for the job and op is such a bitter cunt he couldn't help it and post on his blog about it.
>>
>>25654122
Well it is to me. I've been in the IT field for five years, and still seeking for a new position. I've actually applied to 1000 job openings in the past six months via all major job search sites. So far, great majority of them are silent, only a few had rejection emails saying "We have too many applicants, we're too lazy to filter them out".

And recruiters, most of them spam 6-month contracts for jobs in some bumfuck area of the US.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.