[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this game is overrated

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: 503c209c92d6b.jpg (32KB, 480x334px) Image search: [Google]
503c209c92d6b.jpg
32KB, 480x334px
this game is overrated
>>
Did anyone else think there was a creepy feel to the castle/courtyard? There was something almost haunting about the castle theme music and the courtyard was eerily empty

I can't put my finger on it
>>
File: hqn1MY.jpg (66KB, 480x553px) Image search: [Google]
hqn1MY.jpg
66KB, 480x553px
>>25651301

only fond memory of that game is when Toys r Us stores got playable demo units of the N64 a couple months before it was released. I remember going there every weekend with my brother and hogging the system all day.
>>
>>25651301
it's really not, OP
>>
banjo kazooie masterrace. fucking puts mario to shame.
>>
No it's not. Thanks for trying though.
>>
>>25651398
This. Although Super Mario 64 was a fucking masterpiece.
>>
>>25651398
mario 64 was about unique platforming challenges, banjo kazooie is just walking around and collecting bullshit
>>
True. Sunshine is the best 3D mario game.
>>
IM THE SCATMAN
>>
File: Media_55.gif (27KB, 364x420px) Image search: [Google]
Media_55.gif
27KB, 364x420px
>>25651672

poor scatman

>battle drug addiction your entire life
>be a stuttering failure
>realize stuttering goes away when you scat sing
>record album and get internationally famous at age 55
>immediately get cancer and die
>>
>>25651398
Get out. Unless you want to start spamming vegetable descriptions again . . .

You have terrible taste.

>>25651364
The early, mostly empty 3D video game worlds are sort of creepy and depressing.

Even more depressing is the fact I spent a vast majority of my youth in them.
>>
>>25651364
the whole game is a bit unsettling, isn't it? hazy maze cave still freaks me out a little
>>25651640
qft
>>
>>25651640
fuck no

i'll maintain for the rest of my life that super mario sunshine is terrible
>>
>>25651881
i would be interested to hear you explain why>>25651881
>>
>>25651364
>castle theme is haunting

because it was written to be unsettling, the composer of the mario music is pretty good at making themed mood music

same thing with majora's mask, they take an established theme and use very tense progressions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjXutKsizE8
>>
>>25651900
the fucking water pack. it sucks and the whole game is designed around it. spraying is bad and unsatisfying, the jetpack feature trivializes a lot of the platforming challenges, managing water levels is obnoxious, it's just an unnecessary gimmick that half-works and makes the game more annoying

the best part of the game were those secret levels where you don't have the water pack
>>
>>25651968
video game music is mostly freaking shit now.

It's all orchestral stuff/ ambient music for the geeks, and dubstep normie tier electronic music for teh casual gamers.
>>
>>25652238
>video game music is mostly freaking shit now.

i don't play many games anymore, but i thought mass effect and some of the assassins creed games, especially AC 2, had pretty damn good music

i can't think of many games that use that type of theme music that older games used
>>
File: Downtown_64.png (758KB, 640x476px) Image search: [Google]
Downtown_64.png
758KB, 640x476px
Anyone else wonder what was up with that underwater town in wet dry world?
Who lived there?
When? Why was it abandoned?

I used to fantasize about some secret society living there cut off from the world, but then being driven out by some catastrophe, or dying from obscurity alone
>>
>>25651301

No, it isn't. Your opinion is wrong.
>>
>>25652497

>mfw the memory of that town has been burried in my mind for 15 years.

It's odd what else is buried deep in our memories, perhaps never to be brought up again.
>>
>>25652452
Honestly, those type of soundtracks are the sort of the thing I'm against.

I guess Im just feeling edgy today or something.
>>
>>25651301
Overrated yes but there is nothing seriously wrong with it. It's a fun little game in my book
>>
>>25651301
Most Nintendo games are.
>>
>>25651301
Oh boy, I'd like to see this on /v/.
>>
>>25651301
This game was pretty fucking legit although i was more of a DK and Sonic guy
>>
>>25651364
>>25651863
>>25652497
>>25652644
The whole game has always had such a strange, mysterious feel to me too.
I can't really put my finger on it, but it kinda reminds me of the imagery you have when you're dreaming
Spacey, surreal and kind of unsettling
Really weird how the game has that kind of effect on lots of people.
Haven't heard this kind of stuff about anything else really.
>>
It's easily the best 3D platformer. Even newer 3D Mario games don't capture the same level of control and exploration.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.