[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here has a college degree but no job ? Aka worthless majors

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 1414019633329.jpg (32KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
1414019633329.jpg
32KB, 500x371px
Who here has a college degree but no job ?

Aka worthless majors

> tfw Masters Degree in Journalism and NEET for 2 years
>>
I know someone with a Bachelor's degree in Journalism from Northwestern who clears 100k/yr easily
>>
>>25643301
you are doing it wrong then, they key to getting a good job in journalism is to work for free first, you usually do that before you are even done with college
>>
File: born to jew.png (20KB, 486x576px) Image search: [Google]
born to jew.png
20KB, 486x576px
>>25643816
>work for free first

Please do not do this OP.
People will tell you there is no other way, but if everyone said 'no' and it was no longer profitable, it WILL stop.
>>
>>25643301
Doing a masters in how to write clickbait.
Wew lad
>>
File: 04.jpg (24KB, 495x495px) Image search: [Google]
04.jpg
24KB, 495x495px
>>25643301
>tfw BA English
>tfw 1.75 GPA
>tfw noplans/internships etc
>tfw good looking and affable
>tfw get a sales job
>tfw made $245k my fist year out of college

suck it STEM nerds
>>
>>25643301
>going for a master's degree in journalism
Why did you do this? A Bachelor's degree is more than enough for something like that. The time you spent working towards getting what is on paper the same thing, you could have gotten references, work experience and built yourself a portfolio.
>>
Just got my first job teaching jamal and waheed my native language.
>>
>>25643816
This is the worst fucking advice I've ever heard.
>>
>>25644005
that's what my dad did for a living. kill yourself now senpai. there is nothing but pain in your future.
>>
>>25643972
good for you m8, not many people can say the same as you.

in your opinion do you think you wouldve landed that sales job if you didnt go to college?
>>
>>25644036
Just in it to get teaching experience. I'm still searching for 2-3 jobs a week.

I'll be gone from this job ASAP.
>>
>>25643301

Is it better or worse if you got a job completely unrelated to your major?
>>
>>25644024
It's actually correct advice.

Of course it leaves out the truth that it's incredibly difficult to make a living as a 'journalist' in 2016. And those that actually do, most likely came from money to start with.
>>
>>25643816
I'm a Yuropoor though.
Yeah... I was editor in chief of my college's newspaper, graduated while writing for the first non-professional video game website in my country, worked then for a couple of magazines, went freelance for one year, I seriously think my resume isnt complete trash.

>>25643900
That's the point actually. I have strong personal views about quality on the web and every company only ask for retarded top 10 buzzfeed-like clickbait shit. And if I settle for this even for a few years, I lose all my chances to write for a more serious medium later.

>>25643986
In Europe, the equivalent of a Bachelors Degree is pretty much worthless.
>>
>>25644043
Hard to say. I think I would have at least needed to say I had the degree. They didn't actually check. But on the resume I had a BA in English from a big state school. It fit the background of the type of guy they were looking for.

But, in reality, I think to interact at the level I need to socially, requires a formal education. It matters to people.
>>
>>25644101
>In Europe
Europe is not a country. Be more specific as to where you live.
>>
>>25643301
>mfw i could rent a domain for $50 a month and report on news

why did you get a degree for this?
>>
>>25643972
What kind of sales do you do? There's a bunch of insurance companies in my area hiring over-the-phone sales reps (not quite telemarketers, but close)

I'm fine talking to people over the phones, but sometimes will "shrink" (for lack of better term) in large social situations; even work related ones.

Plz respond English Anon, you're my only hope.
>>
Maybe because journalism degrees are worthless. Why would I pay some old fucker with a masters when I can pay 3 teenagers with an internet connection to do the same thing but better.
>>
3rd class BEng Chemical Engineer. In the basement for 5 years.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.