[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"just meditate bro"

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 1452050329211.png (242KB, 486x573px) Image search: [Google]
1452050329211.png
242KB, 486x573px
>"just meditate bro"
>>
>>25537014
It does help
Don't try to make it a meme
>>
>>25537052
It's literally non-advice.
>>
>>25537460
I always meditate everyday. It does help a bit in calming you down and arranging your thoughts. Also helps with self discipline.
>>
>>25537499
I can't deal with silence or my thoughts. I try to drown them out whenever possible.
>>
Is anti-Buddha bored?
>>
>>25537052
it literally makes you mentally retarded

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/09/150909124838.htm
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 650x366px
>just play videogames and masturbate instead of exercising and meditating bro
>>
>>25537548
That's exactly why I meditate. I can't handle my thoughts either. Sitting down for 20 mins and trying to think of absolutely nothing is a form of meditation too.
>>
>>25537052
Meditation IS a meme. Sleep is more productive.
>>
Memories are the MOST IMPORTANT THINGS EVER.

Remember that time you got rejected hard? Remember how BAD it felt? Be sure to keep that thought crispy in your brainfridge, or you might end up with the courage to try again!
>>
>>25537657
>mental acuity is unimportant
wew
>>
>>25537576

>that low participants count

This study proves fuck all.
>>
>>25537677
Mental acuity is unimportant beyond a certain level. Above a certain threshold and you're counting spilled matchsticks and screaming that you have an even number of tendies as opposed to an odd number of tendies.
>>
Meh, it helped me. I've been on every kind of medication, been to every kind of therapy and I've still been majorly depressed for the last 10 years and attempted suicide at least a dozen times.

It sounds like hippy bullshit but this is the first time I have ever felt like there is actually a purpose to my life and that I want to experience the world, and I can attribute it without a doubt to the meditation.

It takes practice, but I totally reccomend it. At first I could go no more than 10-15 minutes without getting distracted, sometimes less than 5 minutes, but now I can get myself into that deep state almost instantly and hold it for hours. When I slowly bring myself back round I feel great, energized and content.

It's not for everyone, but it's worth a try
>>
>>25537765
this kek
>>25538765
Thanks for sharing anon
What kind of meditation?
>>
>>25537576
The only retard here is you m8

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/inspired-life/wp/2015/05/26/harvard-neuroscientist-meditation-not-only-reduces-stress-it-literally-changes-your-brain/
>>
The only way to meditate is by abstaining from food, water, masturbation, sleep, sex, alcohol and drugs.
>>
>>25539112
I disagree, it's all about moderation.
>>
I think it's a good idea. It helps me immensely but you have to be ready for it. Don't force yourself too much, if the time is right for you then you won't have to push so hard!
>>
>university required psychology class
>professor makes us do "meditation" for a half hour
>have to put our heads down in our hands and go through all of these breathing steps and "visualizations"
>just get angrier and angrier at my time being wasted on this stupid shit

Even trying by myself I just don't get any benefit from that shit. Making me lay my head down and "meditate" is probably the dumbest shit I've ever had to do.
>>
>>25540033
You can just walk out, you know?
>>
>>25540368
>what is mandatory attendance

Even taking classes in my major professors still do this mandatory attendance shit, I would literally fail a class I have this semester if I missed more than 2 days
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.