[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Holy Bible

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: KRhiyAY.jpg (66KB, 507x391px) Image search: [Google]
KRhiyAY.jpg
66KB, 507x391px
Which version should I read?
>>
>>25521737
the Kings James Version is the most broken English translation available.
>>
>>25521737
Why ask /r9k/ of all places?
>>
>>25521737
KJV if you want to read something more true to the original texts. NIV is easier to comprehend on a sentence by sentence level.
>>
Neither? The fuck is wrong with you? Think for yourself stupid
>>
>>25521737
Neither
Douay-Rheims
>>
Nice b8 m8
-----------------
>>
>>25521840
This.

completely original comment
>>
>>25521840
Any eastern orthodox version, since catholicism and protestantism are heresies/lost.
>>
>>25521769
K thanks
>>25521774
Fuck off
>>25521818
Appreciate this but NIV is different from NIrV
>>25521825
Fuck off
>>25521840
Thanks so much!
>>25521882
Not baiting so please fuck off
>>25521892
Agreed>>25521908
>>
File: ¦3erry merry xmas fram xfag.png (3KB, 49x49px) Image search: [Google]
¦3erry merry xmas fram xfag.png
3KB, 49x49px
the KJV was a really good translation for its time - because while it only used 6 manuscripts* as its source - the team that worked on it were pretty discerning guys, able to extrapolate much of the authorial intent

in comparision, modern translations are able to employ over 5000 early manuscripts dating back to the 2nd Century (100AD - 200AD) and more thoroughly corroborate the shared text which the early church was using - not needing to rely on 3rd hand copies of the Greek like the KJV translators

so if you wanna grab a really good modern tranlsation, you can't go too wrong with the NASB or the ESV

after that it really comes down to which you find easier to follow the flow of, and before you shell out any moniez, you can read both versions (and more) on biblegateway dot com

merry christmas

also; small sidenote - the word 'bondservant' is borrowed from the geneva translation, and is not a concept found in hebrew or greek thought - but for the purposes of sensitivity it was employed as a synonym for 'slave'

~

some hebrew, some greek, with a little borrowed from the codex vaticanus at the end of Revelations
>>
3KB, 49x49px
>>25522118
> codex vaticanus

Latin Vulgate

fxd

also; there was meant to be a little asterisk at the start of that footnote - apologies
>>
>>25522207
>>25522118
Nice, not OP or religious but as a bible fan I find this helpful.
>>
3KB, 49x49px
>>25522419
de nada mang - i need to know this stuff as part of my apologia
>>
>>25521924
what a tolerant useful idiot.
>>
Get an Orthodox one preferably separate books with both Hebrew and Greek translations so you can compare.
I borrowed such a version of genesis, dunno if they're hard to find.
>>
>>25521737
If you want to comprehend the narrative easily get the New international.
If you want to have a religious experience and be blown away by the beauty of the language of Almighty God then get the KJV.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.