[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Smoking cessation

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 1451426753308.jpg (460KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1451426753308.jpg
460KB, 1600x1200px
>Trying to quit smoking for 2016
>I'm a heavy smoker
>Five days in and it's fucking unbearable
>Don't want to let myself down and buy any tobacco
>Buy a cheap e-cigarette to stave off the cravings

On the plus side, it worked. The strawberry flavouring is nice and I feel much better. On the downside, I'm still consuming nicotine, so I feel like I failed my resolution already. I'm not going to give up but I feel like I'm going to end up replacing one addiction for another.

Anyone here successfully used e-cigarettes to quit smoking?

I guess my plan is to use this thing until I no longer need it and at that point I can consider myself a quitter. I don't know if this is cheating, though.
>>
I think if you actually want to quit smoking, this can and will help you do it. Otherwise you'll just use it as an excuse to smoke again.
>>
>>25520449

don't be so hard on yourself op, you gotta crawl before you can walk. hauling on an ecig to stave off major cravings seems like a fine sub for now.
>>
No advice to give (never smoked), just keep up the good work bro
>>
I was a long term smoker who moved over to an e-cigarette, it can be done a long as you go down in the nicotine levels slowly till you get to 0.

So I suggest you get a semi-decent one to tide you over, because if it's a shitty little pen that is a top coil you're going to be even more tempted to go back to cigs after it gives you a shit ton of dry hits/loses it's charge thus giving you weaker hits.

Get an eleaf 20w and combine it with a nautilus tank, not too expensive, easy to use and very reliable without having to fiddle around with the fucker. Then set your goal for 6 months. It's not cheating man, don't be hard on yourself a lot of people cannot even go over to an e-cig.
>>
>>25522040
and by nautilus I mean the mini tank version.

Anyway. The fact that you're off the cigs is a good thing and you stuck with it, the nicotine is the least of your worries here.
>>
>>25522077
One more thing, to help aid in stopping treat it like a cigarette, so if you didn't smoke in your home and went outside, always go outside to it so that you don't sit around chain-using it.

Also make sure that you use a nicotine level that is on par with the amount you smoked, guides to this can be found easily on the internet.
>>
File: Still-from-The-Three-Stoo-008.jpg (36KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
Still-from-The-Three-Stoo-008.jpg
36KB, 460x276px
been ssmoking two years. realized ill be a smoker for life. 2016 resolution to stop being a quitter. maybe this will confuse my my enough to only smoke dry ass homegrown tobacco
>>
>>25520449
Do you what I do to overcome my nicotine addiction?
When I crave a ciggie I don't put one in my mouth. WILLPOWER bitach!
>>
i quit smoking easily with those OP.

I dont intend to stop vaping. if you know what to get it costs like 8 dollars a month. If you have one of those cigarette looking ones you're not gonna be able to stick to it. At least get a pen style one and start with 24mg nicotine, go down from there gradually. Those are cheap and are more likely to help you quit than those cigarette looking pieces of shit. those things are awful
>>
>>25523936
OP here. That's the type that I got. I got that strength of liquid, too.

I've been puffing away on this thing all night. Now I really do feel like I've failed. I've not just used it to fight cravings, I've been using it for fun. I've probably consumed my entire body weight in nicotine at this point.

I am fucking pathetic. This is why I'm never gonna make it. Never gonna quit or change or get my life back on track. I wish I was fucking dead. End it, senpai.
>>
>>25523998
its a fucking vice you dramatic cunt.

enjoy it if you want. I have one of those big fucking cloud machine ones. you're grown, you can enjoy things. Why is it so important for you to get off nicotine? Going from smoking, vaping is an upgrade. It's cheaper, healthier, and yes, more fun. Whats the problem?
>>
>>25520449
I had to remove my tonsils 2 weeks ago and I didn't smoke a single cigarette since. At first I wasn't allowed to so the wounds could heal properly, but now I don't even feel the need anymore. I've been a smoker for 2 years. Would smoke half a pack a day.
>>
>>25524074
>Whats the problem?
The goal was to quit smoking, then to use a vape as an aid, now I'm using the vape for fun. It's just replacing one problem with another.
>>
OP
read Alan carrs the easy way
Torrent if
Made quitting a breaze for me
>>
champix was the only way i could quit, it works though. have to go to a pharmacy and get it but my champix lady was a nice little old lady
>>
>>25524271
im sleep deprived so im going to be a cunt for a minute

read up on vaping. it is NOT harm removal. it is, however, harm reduction. On top of that it is extremely cheap compared to smoking. I smoked a pack a day for years. Thats $4 a day. I can vape for $8 a MONTH. I also have regained my sense of taste and smell. I'm able to enjoy various flavors, from menthols, to fruits, to deserts. I can indulge myself while being both healthier and less of a cunt to those around me due to others either not noticing the smell of my vape or not caring, and some even enjoying it.

Nicotine itself is not that harmful. Cigarettes are harmful because of the god awful amount of shit added to them. You are no longer inhaling burning vegetable matter. You are not exposing yourself to the 40+ other addictive chemicals in cigarettes. its not perfect, but so what? You're on /r9k/ so you should be suicidal anyway. what is the problem with this? why can you not enjoy it? why can you not be happy that you will be healthier having made this switch?
>>
File: YF1395.jpg (370KB, 1677x1193px) Image search: [Google]
YF1395.jpg
370KB, 1677x1193px
>>25520449
nobody ever really quits, a smoker is a smoker when the chips are down.

basically if you've ever been to an AA/NA meeting that's the mindset you have to have.
>>
>>25520449
this isn't your personal blog you nigger
>>
>>25520449
Went cold turkey about a year ago.

You can do it OP, I believe in you.
>>
"He stopped smoking at least once a month. He went through with it like the solid citizen he was; admitted the evils of tobacco, encourageously made resolves, laid out plans to check the vice, tapered off his allowance of cigars, and expounded the pleasure of virtuousness to everyone he met. He did everything, in fact, except stop smoking."
>>
>>25521886
This, the important thing is you're doing your best and still cutting down on what your consumption used to me. If you do have anyone in your life you feel you can trust to give you support, try to encourage them to give you help with it.
>>
>>25520449
>smoking

Normie filth
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.