[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any helpful advice for people with anxiety?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: AppleOatPancakes_DT.jpg (70KB, 1146x860px) Image search: [Google]
AppleOatPancakes_DT.jpg
70KB, 1146x860px
What helps you guys with anxiety?
>>
>>25520294
Reciting the alcoholics anonymous pledge
>>
>>25520294
Staying home
>>
u just need 2 b urself
>>
Bacardi 151
75% original content
>>
>>25520294
Daily exercise
Quit caffeine if you drink it
>>
>tfw high pulse and can't get myself to go out and run
>bought shoes that have been lying here for a year now

I'm going to get a heart attack at 40 FUCK
>>
>>25521294
Then walk.............................?
>>
Go home and shitpost on a Congolese rifle maintenance imageboard
>>
File: 1451761625069.jpg (29KB, 600x733px) Image search: [Google]
1451761625069.jpg
29KB, 600x733px
>>25521217
>quit caffine

how does this help, are you meme-ing, please tell me you're meme-ing
>>
>>25521294
If you can afford a treadmill/gym membership that can help a lot. The gym membership can really motivate you because most gyms lock you into a year long deal so you're paying whether or not you go.
The problem with running outside especially if you're not a good runner is you can't just stop, you have to get back to your home before you're done. Personally I'd feel like it'd be too easy to give up with a treadmill at your house which is why a gym treadmill is a good medium between motivation/not overdoing it.
Start with a brisk walk and work your way slowly up. I'm a fat smoker who started running on the treadmill three months ago and I'm up from feeling like I'm gonna die walking to interval jogging for 30-40 minutes before I feel like I'm gonna die. You can make it but like everything you're gonna suck for a while.
>>
>>25521506
Caffeine causes anxiety in a lot of people. It also is potentiated (made stronger) by some medicines, e.g. ADD meds or some antidepressants.

I gave it up after decades of drinking, a few weeks of tired hell, but it did lower my anxiety a lot.
>>
Chew gum.

Trust me on this one. It doesn't work instantly but if you drink water and just focus on the gum your chewing everything is going to be fine.

Can't say if this works during a full on panic attack, test it out for me and let me know how it goes okay?
>>
Buckle down
Power through
Cry at home
>>
File: 1451940669979.jpg (15KB, 306x325px) Image search: [Google]
1451940669979.jpg
15KB, 306x325px
>>25521726
hmmm, maybe I'll ween myself of it for a few weeks. See how it goes. I can see why it would effect me despite not being on pills.
>>
>>25521786
Oh, almost forgot:

Spend the rest of the day picking apart every detail of the anxiety situation to find ways that I fucked up.
>>
>>25521755
that's bad for your teeth though, I'd rather be an anxious mess than have fucked up teeth desu family
>>
>>25521807
Everyone is different. I really noticed the effects of caffeine when I was taking Vyvanse for ADD. I eventually weined myself down to about 4 oz of medium to weakish coffee a day, and that helped a lot, so just reducing your coffee intake for a few weeks might be worth trying to see if it helps.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.