[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

High school dropouts

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 14

File: highschool.jpg (320KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
highschool.jpg
320KB, 1024x768px
Are there any guys here who dropped out of high school?
Just wondering what happened to you after that, what is your life like now?
Did you find a job or just went neet mode?
>>
File: 1449790532141.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1449790532141.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>25517190
Stopped going when I was like 17 or something. I'm 23 now, going on 24, and I've been NEET for all that time expect for like 2 months.
>>
>>25517271
Did you quit or got fired?
>>
Dropped out of high school, I'm a salesman now.

Life is ok I guess. Got a 5/10 girlfriend, live with my best buddy.
>>
Dropped out in grade 12 2 years later I have a job and I'm pretty happy now still live with my parents and they don't make me pay rent which is good
>>
I had a chronic stomach condition start up in junior year. I only went to 3 classes a day after that, the rest of my grades were based on my senior project.
>>
File: 1449636786527.jpg (300KB, 1000x900px) Image search: [Google]
1449636786527.jpg
300KB, 1000x900px
>>25517298
It was a seasonal job for Halloween that lasts for only a month that's impossible to get fired from. The first year my brother who worked there before got me the job, the second year I got the job because they knew me. I tried going a third time but all my old bosses were replaced so I just left.
>>
>>25517522
What do your parents think about you being a neet? that'd be my biggest fear if I were to drop out and not get a job
>>
Dropped out in 10th grade, been NEET since and I just turned 25. So it has been about 10 years since I last lived in the real world and interacted with people.
>>
>>25517719
How do you not go insane and an hero?
>>
Dropped out my senior year, got ged and joined the army. Now I'm out and going to school for elec eng. Life is pretty good. As long as you get the GED and do more education after you'll be fine
>>
>>25517869
>GED
Had to google because yuropoor.
I'm actually considering the army as well, seems okay.
>>
File: image.jpg (97KB, 603x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97KB, 603x800px
>>25517674
I don't really care what they think and I don't really understand why you would care what your parents think. Since you asked though I'm pretty sure my mother is disappointed and frustrated, I can only assume my father felt the same way since I never really talked to him before he died.
>>
Yeah, after I was assaulted by 4 bullies and defended myself stabbing 2 of then in near school, one of those the fuckers almost died, hell yeah.

Live was a paradise after that: The fuckers who messed with me for 2 years got expelled of school, I stopped go to school and had some ridiculous therapy sessions for 3 years only to label me as complete sociopath who needs therapy for life.

I have some normal life today since I got some "therapeutically correct job while on therapy, I liked it and since 2002 I'm working with, well, shit, flower farming.

College was really peaceful because someone told the entire college what I have done and I was frame as "possible shooter" for 5 years.
>>
>>25518021
Fuck that's fucked up but somewhat cool in a way.
At least nobody dared to mess with you
>>
>>25517443
What do you have? Chronic stomach condition here too.
>>
>>25518089
I've been through hundreds of tests, they said they don't think they've found a cause with the tests. It just helped reveal symptoms.
They say it's idiopathic now and send me to pain management
>>
I worked after dropping out of high school and wasted a lot of money and quit my shitty job
now i'm going back to school
>>
i dropped out after i failed all my courses senior year and they were gonna have me take a 5th year, and was a dropout until i was almost 22, and during that time i had numerous girlfriends. now I have my g.e.d. and have my own place but haven't had sex in 5 years
>>
>>25517190
i dropped out. pot smoking neet for two years
i now work for $15 an hour at a ski resort and get plenty of time off and can still make rent.
kek
>>
after dropping out of high school i got accepted into college as a mature student i quit that too about 75% of the way in because i realized how much money i was wasting now i am a freelancer and have a comfortable life doing what i love
>>
File: 1451379582922.jpg (27KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1451379582922.jpg
27KB, 640x640px
>>25517190
>Dropped out 2 years before I were suppose to finish
>Became neet for 5 years
>went a tad bit crazy due to lack of social interaction
>over fapped and fell into a bad depressive state.
>took it like a champ and continued to improved my art.
>moved in with grandma and took care of her >for 2 years and continued my neet journey.
>started hanging with old friends more
>got into drugs with friends. mostly weed
>got off drugs to find job
>got back into drugs because sober life is shit and most of these jobs require a car and are in the middle of fucking no where
>lost control of mental state
>got on an ssri to fix my shit up
>found a few jobs
>got my hands on a lot of my grandma's feel good tablets after we moved. gonna sell them on deepbweb
>saving up to move to cali
>still improving art to make vidya games and a comic.
>currently working at ups and doing tech work for people for steady income
>moving to Canada with friend next year and by then I'll be good enough to work for gameloft

I mostly left to prove to my mom that you don't need to bend over and take this shitty system in America to be successful.

plus roomating with friends and paying $78 for rent in a huge apt is amazing. I don't understand why my mom didn't think like this when she were younger. you can breeze through a shitty life of you can make roomating work
>>
File: e34975bbf2b639333ec.jpg (211KB, 600x530px) Image search: [Google]
e34975bbf2b639333ec.jpg
211KB, 600x530px
I dropped out of British college aged 17 and joined the British Army.

Went to Afghanistan, made some good mates, made decent dolla, had lots of fun.

Now at 23 I am a water treatment operator and make like 40k bongbucks a year.

Probably do this for a few years to save money then do something else.

Just do mad shit and fake your cv, aint nobody check that shit.
>>
>>25517869
>tfw want to join the army but weigh like 95kg
>>
My boss is a high school drop out. She is broke, though. And she is always into abusive relationships.
>>
>>25519583
>Now at 23 I am a water treatment operator and make like 40k bongbucks a year.

How did you get into that? Sounds like it's not an obvious career choice and pays quite well.
>>
>>25519790
My dad, basically like every other person who works in the industry desu.

It's a pretty relaxing job to tell the truth, I work 4 weeks shift, 1 week days and then I have two weeks off.

Basically get a lot of time off and a fat paycheck for doing not much, so I can't complain when I see people working 9-5 plus overtime to get the same amount I do.
>>
File: 1372520491358.jpg (62KB, 350x284px) Image search: [Google]
1372520491358.jpg
62KB, 350x284px
>>25519926
>My dad, basically like every other person who works in the industry desu.

Goddamnit. But then again, I don't have an engineering background, so it probably wouldn't have worked out anyway.
>>
>>25519971
Neither do I bro.

You can get entry level jobs and then work your way up.

Pretty shit and boring to begin with but then its easy mode.
>>
>>25517719

Yeah man. I dropped out in 10th as well. 24 now. Honestly, only the first couple neet years were hard. Overall it's pretty nice and comfy, but there are a few bouts of severe depression and suicidal thoughts a year.
>>
My parents want to send me to the military center.
Save me
>>
>>25517190
Failed College twice (what highschool is called in uk) due to reasons i cant be bothered to list and life is shit. Near minimum wage, parents threaten to kick me out everyday, depression has gotten so much worse. Doesnt matter though because im going to kill myself in a week from now. So yeah
>>
>>25518563
Huh. Can you describe your symptoms? It took the Children's Hospital here several years and quite a few tests to figure out what I had.
Pain management's pretty bull. I saw a pain psychologist for a couple years. She was great, helped a lot for emotional things related to the pain, but not so much for managing the pain itself.
>>
File: 1451659438129.gif (10KB, 741x862px) Image search: [Google]
1451659438129.gif
10KB, 741x862px
>>25517190
>tfw only finished elementary school
Currently on lots of autism and neetbux though. Feels meh man.
>>
File: The Finding of Moses.jpg (406KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
The Finding of Moses.jpg
406KB, 1280x1024px
Dropped out senior year, I didn't want to get my GED but I caved, not a big deal, I work where I can now, draw attention away from your education on resume or straight up lie, living with my parents but only been a couple years so anyone who isn't at a uni is doing the same, we aren't taught how to make love or what music to like, they're natural to living just like education, if you're going to drop out make sure to continue an informal education and not party or jerk off all the time or else you'll be screwed later down the line
>>
>>25517190
>school was hell due to depression, anxiety, and difficulty waking up
>parents and I had all had enough, quit the day I turned 16
>got a GED
>NEET for a few years
>took a few college classes, wasn't nearly as anxious/depressed as I was before but passed up any last chances I had to make friends and didn't really like the topic and quit after one semester
>now 25 years old, have never had a job, no useful education, no skills or talents
>kissless, hugless, handholdless virgin
>still live with parents, mom basically takes care of me as if I were still a child
>no real passion for anything in particular
>have interests but nothing I can realistically make money with
>becoming a wageslave seems like a fate worse than death to me
>wish I could actually get a job I enjoy, contribute to the family, find a wonderful woman to marry, buy a house, have a child or two, etc. but will never achieve anything at all
>no idea what to do with my life other than NEET until it all falls apart

tl;dr, stay in school kids
>>
>Dropped out of school 2 years before grad.
>Worked in a small store for a year.
>Started designing clothes in a notebook.
>I plan to start my own clothing brand this year.
>Maybe I'll name it 2009 or some shit, watch out for me yo
>>
>>25520997
how much do you get?

Do they ever ask what you spend it on?
>>
>>25520918
>Doesnt matter though because im going to kill myself in a week from now. So yeah

That's probably not such a great idea my dude, there are always other things you can do.
>>
>>25521510
I get about 1000 euros now (inc. some subsidies)

However, I just filed for supplemental neetbux which may net me up to 350 euros extra a month, not sure if they will approve it though.

Also living in my own section 8 apartment in a 99% white suburb :^)
>>
>>25521517

Fuck telling people not to kill themselves. Like your one line of text is going to change their minds. Why do you even give a shit? You don't know this person. If they hadn't of posted, and then went and killed themselves, it wouldn't affect you at all. Honestly, shaming people for wanting to choose the easiest solution to all their problems is the most self-centered fucked up thing you can do, besides procreate.
>>
>>25521556
so they don't keep track of what you spend it on?
>>
>>25521556

That sounds like a pretty nice life. I wish I could pull that off.
>>
>>25518021
It's kinda sad how you defended yourself and you were made to look like the bad guy.

I mean granted you almost killed someone and that's not cool at all. But still.
>>
File: 1360868498568.jpg (41KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1360868498568.jpg
41KB, 500x500px
>>25517190
Got kicked out at 16.
Had money siphoned into a separate account while doing online schooling for 2 months straight

????
Acquire G.E.D. and enjoy the uphill battle of fucking life.
>>
>>25520918
You could always get sweet NEETBux and subsidized housing; why kill yourself when you could get payed to relax everyday for the rest of your life? Just think of all that sweet vidya you would be giving up.
>>
>>25521710

>kicked out

Story?
>>
>>25521633
Oh nope, they dont care. As long as I don't start earning money. If I do then they will reduce my autismbux with what I earn so I end up getting shit.

I also don't have to actively look for jobs.

Just move to northern europe bro.
>>
>>25518021
>all that shit for defending yourself properly
You were born in a wrong time, would make a good soldier in a Roman army or something similar
>>
>>25519508
Post one of your works anon? I am geniunly interested also I hope that you never fall back to drugs
>>
>>25521582
>Like your one line of text is going to change their minds

It's always a possibility, most people that tried killing themselves but survived ended up regretting it. This can be seen for example with people that jumped down a bridge and survived the fall, midjump they realised how huge of a mistake they made, how small their problems really are, how they could have just lived life differently. How precious life is because once you lose it, that's it.

>You don't know this person. If they hadn't of posted, and then went and killed themselves, it wouldn't affect you at all.

It doesn't affect me now either but I feel compelled not to just "watch" someone kill themselves. A while ago I was at a train station and a man sat on the edge of the station (like where the rails would start) I wasn't 100% sure what was going to happen but I've seen enough liveleak videos and gifs to know where this could go. No one else said anything to him even though the train was going to come in 1 minute, so I went to him and told him that the train will come soon, he thanked me, stood up and left.

>Honestly, shaming people for wanting to choose the easiest solution to all their problems is the most self-centered fucked up thing you can do, besides procreate.

I'm not shaming him, just sharing my view, also you seem to have quite a bleak outlook on life if you think procreation is self-centered and fucked up. Correct me if I am wrong but I think you are the type of person that thinks the world is horrible and full of suffering, therefore bringing a child in this overcrowded world is horrible because you will make them suffer.
>>
>>25520010
How do you work your way up as fast as possible? Is it based on your skill or only the months you accumulate in a position.
>>
>>25521863
that sounds nice desu pai

I might take you on that offer

want to be NEET buddies?
>>
>>25522028
>want to be NEET buddies?
Sure senpai, let me know when you get there : ^)
>>
>>25521982

>thinks the world is horrible and full of suffering, therefore bringing a child in this overcrowded world is horrible because you will make them suffer.

This is true though. I'm okay with procreation under certain circumstances. Are you financially well off? Are you mentally and physically fit? Well adjusted, wealthy, healthy people should be able to procreate because they are the only ones who aren't taking a massive risk of the child who was forced into existence being absolutely miserable. It's cruel and selfish otherwise. Done purely for the emotional desires of the parent. Not because the parent believe that life is so fabulous that they simply must share it.

>most people that tried killing themselves but survived ended up regretting it.

100% of people who succeeded do not regret it.
>>
File: 1446885821845.gif (424KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1446885821845.gif
424KB, 500x375px
>>25517190
Dropped out three weeks before graduation. Have pretty much decided to kill myself without actually doing anything. Came close to starving to death a couple of time but someone always intervened. Now I'm just sickly and pursing autismbux much to my chagrin. Generally being homeless and things. Pretty indifferent, desu.
>>
I failed the end of highschool exam twice (France) because of depression, and then decided to not try a third time. Instead I tried another way, apprenticeship in something that didn't interest me at all. Because of that I got fired from the job and ended up dropping out of the school. Did nothing but csgo erryday for 8 months and then got myself into another apprenticeship, which is where I am today. I still got no company to this day despite searching, I started in September. I'm really close to dropping out again because I don't want to go classes every day while not being paid, even more when you know we are only 4 in the section.
Guess I'll just have to find a wagecuck in a supermarket or something.
I didn't work enough on the previous apprenticeship to get unemployment money and I can't get the government funds for another 4 years. (at least that I know of).. I live with my mother and I guess she's really disappointed in me, a 21 year old 105kg ugly khhv who sits his ass all day playing games and watching animays.
Fuck me senpai.
>>
Dropped out because of social anxiety. I'm 21 now, started a job as a construction laborer making 13/hr, then eventually bumped up after a couple months to 14/hr (which Is what my boss told me I'd start at in the first place). Life is alright, I live with my gf and struggle to pay my bills like any american. Drinking Vodka in front of Starbucks right now while I wait for my train home.
>>
>>25523880
How long were you NEET before getting a job, and how did you get the job?
>>
>>25523892
I was NEET up until April last year. I've worked a couple jobs since then, but none as long as this construction one. I got the job because my uncle is in an engineer and deals with my subcontractor company sometimes. It isnt that hard to get this job desu, all anyone really has to do is ask and they're in. An extra set of hands is too valuable to give up I guess. I've had guys that have done tens of thousands of dollars in damage and still kept their job. I've seen one guy fired for not showing up to work for his first 2 weeks and I'm sure they only did that because he was still living in the company paid apartment.
>>
>>25517190
dropped out in gr 12 been a neet ever since. it's only been a year (best year of my life) but now im gonna become a wagecuck in a few days. gonna be getting paid $16 an hour to clean up after a bunch of electricians who are gonna be changing light bulbs and shit in some tall building in my city for the next 10 years. i got the night shift and i only have to work monday to thursday.

its gonna suck not being a neet anymore but i couldn't turn the offer down, this is probably the only job i'll ever be capable of doing with my anxiety. and now i'll have money to upgrade my toaster of a computer.
>>
29, dropped out in sophomore year, worked a few bullshit jobs here and there, became a heroin addict at like 23, got clean 2 years ago. been a neet since then trying to figure out what to do.

hopefully i have a brain aneurysm soon
>>
File: alcoholic wojak drinking wine.png (119KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
alcoholic wojak drinking wine.png
119KB, 1000x1000px
Dropped out of high school because I was like 19 and failing all of my classes, did nothing for like a year, then my mom told me I had to get a job or go to school or move out. So I took a couple of classes online, got into college (I'm Canadian, so it's more like getting an Associate's degree in the US), and graduated. Then I took a few university level classes online and got into university as a transfer student, started as a second year. My tuition was free because my mom worked there.

Been full NEET since I got my degree about a year or two ago
>>
>>25524280
You were a heroin addict for 4 years. The only way I can imagine myself doing that is if my life goes perfectly on heroin
>>
>>25524458
Degree in what exactly? Procrastination?
>>
Testing
Please let me be roboto i don't wanna be banned
>>
File: ascended smug wojak.jpg (225KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
ascended smug wojak.jpg
225KB, 633x758px
>>25524507
Psychology, in every class I took I was one of the few guys

>OMG this is just like Criminal Minds!
>I just want to help people lol
>umm why do we have to learn statistics
>neuroscience is hard wtf prof this is bullshit explain it again!
>wtf does understanding the sensations and perceptions of the human body have to do with helping poor people

Just a sea of MacBooks and Uggs and Canada Goose jackets
>>
>>25524632
Why do I feel fine even though other people say I shouldnt?
>>
I dropped out junior year, then went to asia for 2 years.

Got ged, not go to state university.
>>
>>25517719
why havent you killed youself anon?
>>
>>25517190
dropped out when i was 16, been a neet ever since. i'm 24 now. life sucks desu. but it's not like i was being an idiot chad in high school. i tried studying, focusing, etc... my grades weren't bad either. it's just all i could think about was killing myself. so i'd sleep all day thinking about ways to die, eventually never went back.

life is still pretty shit desu. but it's miles better than it was.
>>
you're not going to get much positive results here, not because that all highschool dropouts are failures, but because you are on /r9k/

Correlation =/= causation
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.