[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is /fit/ a meme, or an actual cure to depression/anxiety/paranoia

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1431863148805.png (96KB, 214x221px) Image search: [Google]
1431863148805.png
96KB, 214x221px
Is /fit/ a meme, or an actual cure to depression/anxiety/paranoia
>>
>>24068132

It will help but not cure
>>
>>24068132
It really does help, but wont solve your problems completely
>>
It's a cure for your weak body, it's not going to help you if you're mentally ill.
>>
It's pure pseudoscientific drivel.
>>
>>24068132

Why not both?

and yes, Working out helps a shitton. Especially for depression.
>>
>>24068132
Exercise and having a healthy body could really improve your mental state and body image, leading to a lessening in your mental health issues if they're more situational/environmental, but they won't remove them completely. it's supposed to be in conjunction with therapy, and medication, much like how medication is supposed to be used in conjunction with therapy and not expected to be something that'll turn your life around when you take it and continue to sit alone in your room.

overcoming mental illness takes a lot of work, that no one here wants to put in.
>>
>>24068132
It's a meme. I've been fat, then skinny, then fit, and now fat again, and depression has been a constant downward slope. Nothing cures it, you either learn to live with it or you kill yourself.
>>
>>24068132

How do I work out bois? I don't even own shorts. Just sweat pants and t shirts ugh
>>
>>24068132
Keeping yourself healthy, active, and pursuing long term fitness goals will help you become more confident, reduce depressive symptoms, and help clean up mental gunk common in sedentary shutins.

It will not, however, fix a fundamentally flawed and self destructive person (e.g: a bitter, resentful weebposter who hates large groups of people for trivial differences)
>>
>>24068256
>bois
>ugh
I want fags to leave.
>>
>>24068132
what is the source on that image? it looks cute.
>>
>>24068132
It's no cure, but it's a great start and you'll like the way you look in the mirror, sparking some semblance of self confidence
>>
>>24068132
When you're fat you hate yourself. When you're /fit/ you hate everyone else. I'm convinced happiness is a meme.
>>
/fit/ is just r9k with muscles
>>
>>24068452
It's gayer too.
>>
>>24068132
I'm feeling a lot less shitty now that I work and exercise and study maths/programming. I'm slowly getting better as I distance myself from /r9k/ and all the negative thoughts

When I stop staying busy though I fall back into shit.

I still can't handle socializing. It makes me want to kill other people and myself. I hate people so much. I can't find meaning in anything. I just want to cause suffering to people. Sometimes when trying to sleep the old thoughts come back and I can't stop thinking about how detached I am from society and how I will never fit in and be loved no matter how hard I try

I wish I could just die instantly without seeing it coming.

I want to see everyone miserable, facing true suffering and being tortured until they hate everything as much as me

My deadlift is slowly improving though
>>
I honestly think masturbating so much is what makes me depressed. I mean that's why I started, but it doesn't help.

Doing exercise definitely improves things though.
>>
It can help. Getting in shape isn't some sort of magical cure to mental issues, but it might boost your self esteem.
>>
>>24068158

This. It's not a cure, but personally, I find it really alleviating.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.