[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it weird going to the cinema with my mom?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 10

I would really want to go to the cinema sometimes but I really don't have anyone else but my mom. If you have any experience, please write it down.
>>
>>24052557
It's not "weird", just kind of sad.

Why do you want to go to the cinema in the first place? Also, why would you need someone to go with so bad that you'd go with your mother instead of just flying solo?
>>
>>24052602
Everyone is always like "Dude we went to the movies the other night".

And I've never even been.
>>
>>24052655
Then go by yourself, friend.

It's not an activity that is made better by going with other people. Enjoy the movie, and when people ask just say "yeah I went to the cinema the other weekend, X movie was great". No reason to mention you were alone, and if they directly ask, just lie.

But really, I'd just wait and torrent the movies. Cinemas are overrated and overpriced.
>>
>>24052655
They go with friends talk and joke with eachother. You will probably not have the same experience with your mother. Going to the movies is not about the movie it is about socializing
>>
>>24052723

Some places, infact, most places don't allow just one person to go and see a film. Heres how I can tell you've not been to one in years, or your a normie from le ebin Reddit.
>>
>>24052907
I haven't been to a movie theater in at least 5 years. Why the fuck would they require you to be with other people?
>>
>>24052890
>Going to the movies is not about the movie it is about socializing
What.
>>
>>24052557
>>24052602
Its not weird or sad OP, have a good time with ur mum m8, she cares more about you than any stacy or chad homies could.
>>
>>24052557
Anyone that says you can't do things is a literal child. I hardly see my mom and I enjoy taking her to watch movies she wants to watch whenever I'm around. I go alone whenever I want to watch a movie at that point in time. I go with friends to pass time, and talk about the movie after. I take grills out occasionally for some public fun in the back. Stop giving a shit what others think.
>>
You know, normal people do things with their parents. No one can tell if you're seeing a movie with your mom because you like to catch up once in a while or if it's because you have no other friends.
>>
I went to the cinema with my mom once. Forgettable experience. It was much more fun watching random direct-to-DVD features god knows where we found.
>>
>>24052921

Make more money if a group goes. Fucking hell are you Bernie Sanders or some shit? Free free free! Pick meeeee!
>>
>>24053030
God damn you're stupid. Or more likely you're just trolling me and doing a damn good job.

By that logic, why does McDonalds serve food to only one person? They'd make more money if it's a group order.
>>
>>24052907
>Some places, infact, most places don't allow just one person to go and see a film.

This is bullshit. Theaters are slowly losing ground to netflix so they're in no position to turn anyone away or they'll become too troublesome to use. Most of them are trying new shit to get people to come in at all like making screenings for women and babies or letting people text in the middle of the show.
>>
A friend of my went to see The Hobbit when it came out with his mum because he said she introduced him to Tolkien world.
>>
File: 1446620642638.png (69KB, 329x362px) Image search: [Google]
1446620642638.png
69KB, 329x362px
I went to see "Mama" with my mom, so there's that.
>>
You mean you cunts never go to the movies with your family?
What sad deprived lives you must lead.
>>
File: 1398284151633.png (19KB, 286x256px) Image search: [Google]
1398284151633.png
19KB, 286x256px
>tfw can't go watch a movie by myself because of no-singles policy
>>
Why the hell do people go to cinema with friends?
You go to cinema to watch a movie not to talk.
>>
>>24053938
But anon, have you not learned anything from Twilight? It's so important to have a romantic relationship! Otherwise you're a creep! If you go longer than a month without a girl- or boyfriend, you're probably a basement dwelling creep!
>>
>>24053938
>no singles policy
wat?
where the fuck do YOU live?
>>
just go
the only people who will care and think that's sad are literally projecting

I go with my dad all the time and that's really good, we watch the movie and have a lot of fun. Last time i went with "friends" these assholes spent the whole movie talking and talking and fucking around with their phone. And they said that this was shit, fuck them.
>>
>>24052957

This OP. What's wrong with going out with your mother every once in a while. Remember that she put up with your shit for 20~ years, you can deal with hers for an hour or two.
>>
Me and my mom go to movies all the time, and watch them at home too. In the last two weeks we went and saw Everest, Sicario and Black Mass.
>>
>>24052557
I'm 28 and still go to movies with my mom. he'll I saw both hostel movies with her. as you can tell my life is sad and full of misery.
>>
>>24052557
Considering my mom passes as my little sister I don't see why not
>>
>>24053984
normie turn everything into a social event. by social event I mean posting on and checking Facebook together.
>>
File: 1446352623012.jpg (88KB, 680x387px) Image search: [Google]
1446352623012.jpg
88KB, 680x387px
>>24052907
>most places don't allow just one person to go and see a film
what fascist country is that in?
>>
>>24052557
take your mom out for a nice evening, who knows, you might get lucky.
>>
File: 1429032217837.jpg (1MB, 5616x3744px) Image search: [Google]
1429032217837.jpg
1MB, 5616x3744px
>>24055492
It's op.
I can't pick up a girl without my mom, can't imagine picking up one with her right by my side.
>>
File: 2ec.png (208KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
2ec.png
208KB, 327x316px
>people actually believe that "cinema alone = super creepy, taboo, forbidden" bullshit meme

nobody give a fuck about you. It's not even that uncommon. If you're concerned about obnoxious pre-teen or a niggers, don't watch a film for obnoxious pre-teen or niggers.
>>
File: sad-frog.jpg (27KB, 550x535px) Image search: [Google]
sad-frog.jpg
27KB, 550x535px
>>24053938
Iktf.

>pre-movie showers
>surprise penis inspection day
>separated booths for singles with bullet proof glass
>armed guards harassing you if you do anything out of ordinary or don't move fast enough
>get thrown out of the theater for the slightest misnomer
>>
>>24055550
I'm pretty sure he was implying you should hit on your mom.
>>
>>24052557
Its not as weird or sad as robots make it out to be. Most respondents are being too critical and over analyzing this. Just as you're probably envisioning yourself from needing to even ask the question.

My own mom is a movie critic and she works hard, so I treat her to a movie she wants to see every now and then. No strange stares, no questions, no one really cares about what you're doing. By the slimmest chance they do, why does it matter to them or you? Its okay to care what people think about you as everyone wants some type of positive self reception, but in reality, you should only apply that to people you care about who really impact your life one way or another rather than someone you'll likely never see again.
>>
Mom took me to go see Jurassic World at the premier, just like she did for me with all the other Jurassic Park films. I don't give a fuck.
>>
>thinking it's weird to hang out with your family as adults
Anon, it's completely okay. People do that.
>>24053984
Because you speculate about it on the way there and then you talk about it on the way back.
>>
I go to the movies all the time with my mom and dad. I'm 22 and my family raised me on movies, so it's a big part of our lives. When I was little, my mom used to take me to the cinema almost every weekend, it was just something fun for us to do and stay together.

I think it's a really great way to keep families happy. It's a nice activity that you can experience together but no one gets hurt or upset doing it, so I feel like it's a good way to bond.

I have some friends of my own but I fucking hate going to movies with them because they're all retarded and they want to talk throughout them. Almost 90% of the time, I'd prefer to go to the cinema with my mom. Plus, she's a way better movie going partner because she likes all types of films, we went to see Knock, Knock just the other week and loved it.
>>
>>24052557
I go to the movies all of the time with my old lady, she's down for any decent action flick that involves secret agents and all that shit.

Though I have more of a brother/sister relationship with her since I was raised by my grandma as a kid and being the only remotely sane person that she can talk to while she was having some serious health problems (Lupus, fucked up hip replacement).
>>
The last time I went to the cinema was in 2005. I went to see Wallace and Gromet (sp) with my mom. I don't care for movies, but I also don't know why people make a big deal about going to the movies along or with your parents
>>
File: 1436966022484.jpg (7KB, 291x303px) Image search: [Google]
1436966022484.jpg
7KB, 291x303px
>>24052557
Who gives a shit? I went to watch Sicario with my parents a few weeks ago.

Nobody fucking cares, enjoy yourself. Your parents aren't going to be around forever, there is literally nothing wrong with spending time with them.
>>
>>24052557
My mom has inop liver cancer and movies are her best escape since she can't drink no more. I bring her to movies with pride
>>
>>24052907
This is bullshit, unless it's an American thing. Used to go to cinema alone all the time.
>>
>>24056541
Well with all the movie shootings lately...
>>
>>24052557
Depends on how you look at it

It could just be a mother and son hanging out

You don't have to make it sad and pathetic if you don't want to

Unless you live at home....
>>
File: rt44.jpg (59KB, 960x510px) Image search: [Google]
rt44.jpg
59KB, 960x510px
>>24058834
Yeah, me and my mom live together.

We usually just scream at each other then have a peaceful coffee, then throw tantrums, and again have a nice meal.

Just like every parent and kid.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.