[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jacob's quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (28KB, 617x347px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 617x347px
Jacob’s quest is a story-based game (I.E. no dice rolling required for the most part) where you take the role of a 15 boy recently taken in by a crew of pirates. As a group you will control the actions of Jacob Sarnelli. You should all put your suggestions of routes to take but should come to a general consensus on what to do. It’s not complicated, we’re coming up with the story together.

“Wake up, kid”

You look up to see a short man in a striped shirt, he has a long nose and a plump round body, and a devious smile. He’s in a small boat right by the shore, out in the distance you see a much larger ship

“Come on, kid, we don't got all day, you wanna get off this shit-heap or what?”

You stand up and look around, you’re on a rather small Island, wearing tattered clothes. You don’t remember how you got here, but you do remember who you are…

“Hey! Get in, what’s your name anyway”

You step into the boat “my name’s Jacob” - AH! Your head thuds, you have a pounding headache, “Jacob Sarnelli”

“Dave” the man replies as he starts rowing your small boat out to the ship, “So, how’d you end out here?”

That still isn’t coming to you, you do remember your life for the most part. You grew up on a small island with your mother, younger sister and older brother, you got pretty average grades, and had a rather uneventful life. More than just how you got here, but the past week or so is just missing.

You look up and he’s staring at you

“OH! Uh, I don’t remember...My head is pounding”

“Something tells me those have a shared cause” Dave snickers “A lost little boy with amnesia on an island with nothing. Catherine's gonna love this!”

You get to a ship and see it belongs to a band of pirates. You’re led, by dave to the captain of this ship. You are presently in front of a tall, lanky woman, with short red hair, and a peg leg. She’s missing one of her front teeth and has rather small breasts. She wears a leather coat and a tricorn hat.

Dan speaks from behind you “We got the boy, captain, what now”

“Now,” She speaks with a heavy cockney accent “ You get outta’ ‘ere and let me’ speak wit’ the lad.”

Dan lets you to alone and she looks at you, waiting for you to start….
>>
>Didn't know Women could be captains.
What year are we in op?
>>
>>999275
>>
>>999275
Honestly, it isn't any specific year. This isn't a time in real-world history. For the most part we have technology from around the 1600's. This isn't in our world for the sake of wanting more women characters (so yes in this world women can be shop-captians but it still is not comomon)
>>
>>999290
*ship-captains
>>
Still, say it
>>
>>999297
fine, the year is 1654, but this isn't in ant real place, we have different history and different historical events
>>
>>999311

I think he meant say "Didn't know women could be captains" to the captain
>>
>>999317
sorry, missunderstood.
>>
>>999258
>"Why am I here?"
She wanted to see us, maybe she knows something. Maybe we got date raped by sea turtles.
>>
"I didn't know women couldn't be captains" you say to her.

She chuckles, "Well we can, We're just higha' priori'y targets during raids, If you know what I mean"

She lets out a laugh like she told an amazing joke and you just chuckle akwardly.

"no, no, I've come across alot'a oth'a women in this line'a work." he tone shifts "Listen, kid. we saved you, now you owe us. Idunno If you payed attention but we're a'little short with out crew."
>>
>>999348

>"What did you save me from? And how much do you say I owe you for saving me?
>>
"What did you save me from? And how much do you say I owe you for saving me?"

she looks at you sarcastically, "Wow, you best have so muscle to balance out....that...god, you where on an abandoned island, you think you coul'da survived that? And what you owe me, lad, is a hand. You ain't got notin' better to do, might as well stick wit' us."

"uh-" before you can say anything she cuts you off

"Be a new crew member, ya' look pretty tough for your age."
>>
>>999348
>wut didu sav me from?
We are gonna be the sailors' buttslave aren't we. When they have been away from port for weeks they are going to take solace in our salty boipucci
>>
>>999421
>Hold up lady, aren't you curious about how I came to be on that island?
>>
>>999424
(Heh, you joke, but boy...you don't even know. I wasn't planning on it, but considering the repulsiveness of the only women here, and her place of authority, a 15 year old boy might do the trick)
>>
>>999431

This, also inquire about how much we stand to make as a new crew member
>>
>>999431
Her face brightens "acutally, yeah. How did you get here?"

you struggle to remember how you got there

"I, Uh...I actually thought you might know..."
>>
>>999446
"um, on the other hand...what will I get, as far as a cut, as a crew member here"

"Oh, ya' really askin' how mush munny ya' gonna make. I saved ya' sorry arse from an island. Your 'payment' is food and shelter. On this ship, your cut is equal to your usefullness!"

She's actually pretty scary when she says that
>>
bump for everyone who gives a shit
>>
>>999470
> Well sure, I would very much like to check up on my family at some point though. They are on ____ island.

OP can you please have a prompt at the bottom of your last post so we know it ain't a continuation post. Just
>?
Our something. Also, is she gonna respond to if she knows anything about hire wet got there or how they found us?
>>
>>999634
(she has no idea how you got here, and the point of having you not be at your home is that this isn't supposed to be about getting back home)
you try to remember the name of your hometown, but cant.

"well if that's all, I will have someone show you around"

she leaves and a large, mucular man with long black hair comes in

"Hey there, so your the new recruit? I'm Samson, Nice to meet ya! Now I'm supposed to be showing you around..so where ya wanna go first?"
>?
>>
>>999651

>Kitchen

I'm hungry
>>
>>999651
I'll support kitchen. The last meal we remember having is like a week ago! Also the poop deck, should probably find out how that works.

What kind of ship is this? How many masts?
>>
>>999679
"alrighty then" He responds. He's a happy guy it seems. He guids you down to a small eating area and a kitchen, there you see a man in an apron cooking a large vat of some sort of stew

Samson Leans on the counter "Hey there, frankey, mind if out new friend here snatches a bit of that early"

Frank looks over with suprise, and, with an empathetic sad look, scoups you up a bowl of the stew.

Samson looks over "mind if I get a bowl?"

"Fuck out'a here, you aren't gettin' anything! You're lucky if you get it when everyone else does.!"

you and Samson sit down at a table and he looks at you. "so what are your plans? now that your working with us?"
>>
>>999701

>*Shrug* "Learn to be a pirate?" *start eating our soup*
>>
>>999693
(honestly my dude, I know so little about ships, as far as I'm concerned this ship looks like the one on the OP)
>>
>>999709
"learn to be a pirate" you say as you begin to eat your soup

"wow, you, ah, you seem pretty calm about this. Aren't you worried? I mean, you don't even know how you got here, and you get taken in by a band of pirates."

"yeah, but like, it's whatever, man" You reply

Samson looks suprised "J-just stick with me, it's safer that way"

Just as you almost finish your soup he says "HEY, can I have that last bit, I haven't ate in days..."

*SIP* you finish your soup.

"well..," he stands up "I guess We're gonna go see the living quarters"

He takes you down to a large room with hammocks set up along the walls, two on top of each other in each spot, and two footlockers beneath the bottom one, there's around 10 of them, seems they got a small crew indeed
>?
>>
>>999766

>Which one is mine?
>>
>>999766
Yeah I am worried about the while suddenly, pirate thing but the QM is railroading me into it so they're isn't anything much I can do about it.
>...cozy, which one's mine?

Are we literate?
>>
>>999808
(actually that's a good question. You are..barely. You can read basic words, and understand scentaces, but you have a hard time with "big words". so like, the skill of a 4th grade)

"whitch one is mine"

Samson points over at the top hammock in a corner,

"right there....If I'm correct, Nate left some of his old stuff in there."

>?
>>
>>999851

>Look through Nate's stuff and see what he left
>"Who is Nate?"
>>
>>999851
This >>999920
Did the kraken get him, or scurvy?
>>
File: Katana-nagai.jpg (80KB, 1024x800px)
Katana-nagai.jpg
80KB, 1024x800px
>>999920
* you look through your new trunk and see it contains a odd sword, you've never seen something like it before, it was thin and had no hand guard (along with the holder). It also contains a banana with a red circle on it, and red stripes radiating outward from it.

"Who was this 'Nate'?" you ask

Samson hesitates, and his happy deminor shifts to a sad one "It's along story... so...ugh...the short verison...He was a member of the crew a while back, he was a foreigner, he had straight hair and small eyes. He was the captains apprentice, but...he tried to overthrow her. That's why our crew is so small, there where only a few of us loyal to her, but we killed them off."

>?
>>
>>999990

>Pick up the sword and check its balance
>>
>>1000108
You pick up the sword to check the balance. It's lightweight, but seems more like an extension of your arm than a separate object. You can't really explain it, but it seems perfect for you. You pause for a moment. You are gravitated to the sword, but the last person to wield it tried to overthrow the captain and died.
>>
>>1000000
>>
>>1000135
(who tf is this?)
>>
>>1000135
please leave
>>
>>1000129
Fuck the swords history, it is shiny. Ours now.
> continue the tour, find out the nautical terms so we know where to go if someone tells is to swab the fo'castle or raise the mid coarse
>>
>>1000197

This
>>
>>1000197
(DESU I dont have much pirate knowledge, so Fore, Bow: the forward end of a vessel.
Aft, Stern: the rear end of a vessel. ( ...
Port: the left side of a vessel when facing forward.
Starboard: the right side of a vessel when facing forward. ( ...
Dorsal: the top of a vessel.
Ventral: the bottom of a vessel.)

you take the sword and put on the "sunrise" bandana. the tour continues without much of a hitch, you get a look around and after the tour is over it's dinner time. you go down to the kitchen and get your stew and there are two tables; one looks like the "elites" table as it would be, with samson, cathrine, dan and one other woman with blonde hair. The other table has the cook and a few other crew members.

>?
>>
>>1000224
> Go to the boss table, they probably want to get to know the new guy a bit anyway
If they ask us about the head hat say it is symbolic, we are here to shine the light of a new day. I hope they laff at us for being a giant weeb and we take it off.
>>
>>1000328

You walk over to the boss' table, and the rest of the crew looks at you shockingly, but the captain and the others don't. you sit down and Catherine gasps before scarredly saying

"take that off"

she gets cut off by Samson "YEAH!" he looks at you, as if to say 'keep that shit on the down-low' "WE DON'T WEAR HEADWEAR AT THE TABLE!"

you take it off and sit down and the blonde girl looks at you

"so this is that boy you where talking about?" she eyes you up and down, a scoffs "You should've left him on the island."

>?
>>
>>1000358
> Yeah, at least I could've made sand castles there.
>>
>>1000370

In a snarkey, angry tone you say "Yeah, at least I could've made sand castles there."

The blond girl stands up and slams her hands on the table "YOU WANNA GO BACK!? WE'LL STRAND YOU ON THAT FUCKING ISLAND, OR WOULD YOU RATHER GET THROWN OFF THE SIDE OF THE SHIP!"

Samson puts his hand on her chest and pushes her down in her seat "Calm down." He says it in a way that sounds like he's talking to the both of you. Cathrine remains silent, just watching the scene play out

>?
>>
(I'm out for tonight. goodnnight yall , be back tommorow)
>>
>>1000421
>Oh I'm so sorry whover you are. I thought we were trading facetious comments. Are only you allowed to do that?
>>
>>1000542
The blonde girl looks at you angerly "I can say whatever I want, I'm the first mate, you're just some rando that we saved from an island.!"

cathrine Stops her "SHUT UP, SAM! he is new here, he is our guest, and he's.....Just let him be."
(nah I'ma stay here)

>?
>>
>>1000663
bump
>>
>>1000663
>Well, anyway... I'm Jacob. Sorry for the trouble, just wanted to introduce myself.
>>
>>1002028

The Blond girl looks at you angerly "Yeah, whatever!"

Cathrine speaks "So, 'ow you findin' yaself around 'ere? Tis' a pretty nice ship we got ourselfs."

"uh, pretty good" You say

"So ya know how to use a sword?"
>?
>>
>>1002045
"A bit. I think I might get an opportunity or two to use it, right? If I happen to survive this, I think I know how."
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.