[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reson [First Cycle]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: DoNotTrustTheNarrator.jpg (327KB, 1587x2299px) Image search: [Google]
DoNotTrustTheNarrator.jpg
327KB, 1587x2299px
Imagine, for just a moment, that you are gods. Not the dormant type. Maybe you found a legendary magic sword that gives you strange powers. Maybe you're an elemental specter from the beginning of time. Maybe you're just a human in front of what you think is a computer, playing with things beyond your understanding. However, you have all come across the same symbol by some means- a cross with a line connecting the two upper corners. You don't know what it means, but you know that it is very important and that it is called Reson.

You are spirits. You are the laws of physics. You are demons. You are Gods. This is by no means a traditional quest.
All of you have a voice, which means you all have power to make change. But even infinite power has rules.
So, this is the beginning. Some people like to imagine a great gaping void of nothingness, but it is much worse than that. Imagine a great swirling storm in every conceivable direction- shapeless, mindless. A maelstrom. Pandemonium, except much quieter. It hurts to look at, like looking down an infinite corridor created by two mirrors put in front of each other. Or static on a television screen. In the center of the universe is an ancient ruin on a platform with Reson inscribed into it, but you cannot touch or influence in any way. If you get close, it pushes you back. You suspect it might be some sort of source of power. It is, technically, outside your frame of existence.
Don't worry about it.

When you are ready, you might want to do
something. Some people immediately want to go off and create a planet with pink grass and talking dinosaurs. Maybe that's you. You're God, do whatever you want- but if you use your powerful influence to create or destroy or manipulate, you do so through a commandment. A command is a short instruction that changes something. You can only make one command per cycle, and it can be no longer than a sentence. Once a command has been made, it cannot be repeated. One god could use their command to negate the command of another god made that cycle. A commands intent and subject must be clear- ambiguous commands might have undesired effects. However, it is more complex than that. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. The more complex the command, the stronger the potential kickback. Anyone can make a command. Nothing will exist until you make it happen.

There is, of course, a bigger picture here. With this you will find an image, perhaps a projection or a vision- it is not important. You can see it, but I can't. It might be a giant deer with huge impossible antlers. It might be you as a fetus, before you were born. It might be a crowd of crying, starving people. It might include a message- in which case, ignore the message. The image has a number on it. If you tell me the number, lots of good things will happen.

Welcome to Godhood, I will be your guide.
A new cycle begins every seven days. There may or may not be a new vision
>>
>>979053
That's a lot of words to say
> bored god, what do?
>>
tldr: you can impact the world however you want, but only one sentence per anon (the world is currently empty)
once a command has been made, it cannot be made again. (ie: hypothetically, if someone said "create light", nobody else would be able to create light)
>>
>>979053
Calm the storm.
>>
Imagine a bowl of hot soup- the particles inside are all vibrating at huge velocities, and convection push large quantities of liquid in currents. With a flash of light, all the individual pieces of nothingness lose their momentum and the universe becomes a block of frozen soup. The universe didn't start with a bang, it started with heat death. Everything is still, and though the area around you is not completely stopped because of the slight ripples you make as you move- the universe is cold. Whenever you push out, you will create a domino effect where particles frozen in place start to move again. One day, as the dominos continue rippling further and further out, the storm will rise out of control again. This should give you enough time to come up with a more permanent solution.
>>
>>979162
Force the particles together, into a tiny ball.
>>
Fill the stillness that was once a maelstorm with soft, vaguely disquieting music that shall continue forever without repeating.
>>
>>979053
Every Hero shall bring rise to an equally powerful Villian, and vice versa.
>>
>>979212
You compress some basic particles into a sphere about the size of a closed fist. The surface becomes hard and stonelike as you squeeze them together, and as the biggest mass in the universe it has the strongest gravitational field. Over time, it will draw particles toward it until the orb becomes big enough to qualify as a planet. Around you, other ripples are forming their own spheres with their own orbits (about as big as grains of sand)- but because the orb got a huge head start it will grow bigger much faster. For now, it's just smallish.

>>979219
The Outer reaches of space now echo with a haunting melody carried eternally through vibrations along the far away constellations. They sound vaguely like a hive of wind chimes trying to play Hotel California in sync. Anyone who strays to far away from the Reson will be royally spooked out.

>>979275
You set a universal constant that anyone who puts morals before themselves in the future will have to put up with atleast one equally powerful individual trying to undo their work- in order to screw with future do-gooders. Unsurprisingly, this makes adventuring a viable career goal since there are always villains to go after. But, before that can happen, heroes need to exist first.
>>
>>979297
I fucked up, but that's what I initially wanted, so I'll leave it up to you.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.