[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SAW Prodigy Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: 2.png (46KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
46KB, 800x600px
Your name is Rose Selgiro. You are about four years old, and are considered a prodigy by everyone. You don't get the big deal really. Math has always come easily to you, as has music and most other subjects.

You have just woken up in this room.

The walls, floor, and ceiling, are a plain white. A small light hangs from the ceiling. You see no door, however, you do spy two metal grates on the wall.

A paper lays on the floor. (See img. )

Your last memories are of opening an anonymous christmas present. All it said was that it was "From a friend".

Alright. Well. Hm. What do you-

Suddenly, a voice calls out. You can't determine the source, and it has been run through a robotic filter. Obscuring the speaker's gender.

"Oh, I see you have woken up! "
"Now that you have awakened... "
"I want to play a game. "
"You see that paper on the ground? Pick it up and read it. "

"Ah, you look confused. Odd, considering that this is your favorite thing in the world... Math. It may not look like it, but it is. I want you to solve the problems. If you fail to do so within 24 hours... You and your family will perish. You will find a pencil in your pocket. "

...What...
...What do you do?

----
Authors note:
https://countingdownto.com/countdown/saw-quest-end-countdown-clock

Finish the page before the clock hits zero.
Just download the image and edit it in paint, or some other drawing program, with what you think the solution is.

I assure you, you do have the required resources to solve this.
>>
File: 3.png (45KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
45KB, 800x600px
Oh for fucks sake, I already messed up. Fixed ver.
>>
>>977603
Given each circled group of symbols is arranged similar in form to an adjacent set of symbols I assume we'll need to fill in the missing symbols to complete the puzzle and move to the next test or break free

the upper right seems to be some kind of hint at the flow of things forming e a weird number system, base 7, where the line that curves down from the upper right indicates a roll over to the next place value (with the "zero" symbol outside of the number line, and place values expanding to the right instead of the left.)

The middle problem seems to be addition, the example outside seeming to say 1+1=2, and the one inside saying 1+10= 11 which would be represented by two rounded corner rectangles tied with a bar.

I think the bottom one is division, with the example saying 4 / 4 = 1, so the problem in the bubble would be 4 / 2 = 2 (don't seem to have any way to represent fractions, unless that's what the first one is, so that has to be the order of the operators) so put a wonky lambda at the end of the empty leg.

The top has me stumped though: 0 something 6 equals 1 (or 6 something 0 equals 1) just doesn't make sense for any operators that I know of. x plus y mod 5? x times y factorial? Both sound pretty stupid to me.
>>
>>977603
>>978772
Oh, wait...6 to the power of zero would be 1, and likewise one to the power of 3 would also be one. Also sounds pretty stupid but at least it's all internally consistent and that's the best you can fucking do given these hints (I need to make a LaughingPostmodernists.png image for problems like this)
>>
File: answer.png (47KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
answer.png
47KB, 800x600px
>>977603
Picture format for you
>>
File: tegaki.png (5KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
5KB, 400x400px
It looks to me like top and middle are actually subtraction and addition, so I propose these answers.
>>
Oh look, another dead quest.
>>
>>984294
Maybe our answers were too discouragingly terrible.

A "Your family is ded" would have sufficed, though.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.