[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Medieval, Low-Fantasy Mercenarie Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: hiring.jpg (146KB, 1014x368px) Image search: [Google]
hiring.jpg
146KB, 1014x368px
This is my first time making a thread on /qst/.

This story follows a band of mercenaries, and their commander, all with unique and interesting characters, the story takes place in the crude land of Baldrak a large land with many inhabitants. Dangers and Gold lies open for those brave enough to take it with force.

We begin the story in the cold region of Angu a deserted tundra region over the horizon are deep pine woods and clouds of smoke viewable. As you awake from your sleep in your tent you smear the sleep out of your eyes and try to remember who you are and what made you turn to this life.
>>
>>976796

We are Danul Ironeye, we're a former marauder who found religion and had a change of heart. He disavowed his former life, joining the military to make an honest living, instead of robbing innocents. Then his past caught up to him, so he deserted and became a mercenary, to fight on his own terms. He's called Danul Ironeye because his left eye was once cut out in a duel, he had it replaced with a ball of stainless steel engraved to look like an eye. He's very muscular, brawny, and his head is entirely bald, though his chest length black beard is truly magnificent.
>>
>>976810
I love it already

As you rub your good eye, you remember who you are. You are Danul Ironeye as you heave your heavy muscular body upwards and sit yourself down on your bed, you start remembering your times as a marauder and touch the ball of Iron that serves as a replacement for your old eye. You rub your bald head and remember the days of fighting in the military along your battle brothers, truly good times. As you rub your eye you are caught in a glimpse of anger and nostalgia as you remember the opponent that once beat you in a duel. As you look down to your chest you search under your magnificent beard and find a small necklace representing your believe in your gods. Someone opens your tent and speaks to you in a quiet tone. "Mornin' Sir, you awake already. Manty got the soup up and we was waitin' for you to come to the fire." it was no other than your second in command Rupert his unkept beard and hair remind you that you and him share alot of old memories. The scars on his face remind you of opponents you've beaten together and adventures you had. He points over to your armor, a set of well-kept mail armor along a chestplate and some plate greaves, beside it lies your weapons an arming sword and a kite shield also well kept. Your military training taught you to keep your gear in top condition and you remeber that to this day. What will Danul do next?
>>
>>976856
take stock of our company. People and such.
>>
>>977327
You lean over to Rupert and ask him:"Let's go over the stocks first, Rupert. First, is everyone still here?" , Rupert nods"Aye Sir, Erold is checking the defenses, Manty is cooking and Ansel is taking stock of the Weapons and Wiebart is current taking a fat shit somewhere in the woods.", he surpresses a laugh on the last point. You smirk for a second, but then you get yourself together again. You clear your throat and give Rupert a stern look" And what about the food? Is everything there?", Rupert nods again." Aye Sir, we got about 20 days worth of Rations on our hands. And the weapons are as always in the hands of the men.

Your Warband consists of
>Danul Ironeye (You)
>Gear: Set of mail armor, chestplate and plate greaves, Arming sword and Kite shield, Sallet
>Rupert
>Gear: Set of mail armor and plate gloves and Nasal helmet, two-hander greatsword
>Manty
>Gear: Bow and arrow, set of leather armor, mail coif, dagger.
>Erold
>Gear: Spear and wooden round shield, Gambeson and nasal helmet, handaxe
>Ansel
>Gear: Two-Handed Axe, Gambeson with mail neckguard and mail coif
>>
>>977423
And weibart?
>>
>>977778
Sorry let me fix that real quick

>Danul Ironeye (You)
>Gear: Set of mail armor, chestplate and plate greaves, Arming sword and Kite shield, Sallet
>Rupert
>Gear: Set of mail armor and plate gloves and Nasal helmet, two-hander greatsword
>Manty
>Gear: Bow and arrow, set of leather armor, mail coif, dagger.
>Erold
>Gear: Spear and wooden round shield, Gambeson and nasal helmet, handaxe
>Ansel
>Gear: Two-Handed Axe, Gambeson with mail neckguard and mail coif
>Weibart
>Gear: A Crossbow and a quiver of Bolts, a shortsword, a buckler, a Gambeson under scale mail chestpiece
>>
> "Hm, remind me, where were we headed again?"
>>
>>977906
Rupert steps into the tent, and kneads his lower lip last "I remember we was heading towards the capitol of Angu, Boarhead Hill or something, the noble in charge there needed some help and wanted to hire sellswords to do some work for him..." he seems to be lost in thoughts. He shakes his head and shrugs"I don't really know Sir, but what I know about is that he offered alot of money to the first sellswords that reach Boarhead Hill." he rubs his hands as he says this. "But come on now Sir, you need to get your stuff on, if we want to be the first to be there we need to get going soon."
>>
>>977939

> "Well then, I suppose we should be off. Pack up your things boys, we're headed to Boarhead Hill within the hour!"
>>
>>978637
Rupert nods and leaves your tent to give out the order, you stand up from your bed and walk over to your gear, as your done putting it on, Rupert enters the tent once more."Sir, everyone ready to leave but we got a problem, Wiebart hasn't been back yet and no one knows where he is last I know he went into the nearby forest, should we go look for him, Sir?"

>"No we'll leave without him, he either catches up or is gone for good."
>"Fine, we'll take a de-tour make the men ready to head into the forest."
>>
>>979038
>>"No we'll leave without him, he either catches up or is gone for good."
Pfff. Onwards! To Adventure and Riches!
>>
>>979038
>"Fine, we'll take a de-tour make the men ready to head into the forest."
We take good care of our boys
>>
>>979038
>"Fine, we'll take a detour make the men ready to head into the forest."
>>
>>979052
So 1 for leaving now
>>979061
>>979095
And 2 for looking for Wiebart

After a short time of thinking you point your finger at Rupert"Right then, we'll take a de-tour make the men ready to head into the forest. That bastard better not shat himself to death!",
"Aye Sir!" says Rupert and you both walk out of the tent. By now the men have already gathered infront of your tent, geared up and ready to go. Rupert positions himself next to the men. With a commanding tone you give your men the order to head to the forest to find your missing comrade, they immidiatly start breaking camp and packing their things. Everyone is ready and you start heading to the forest.

As you start lurking through the underbrush you can hear loud noises coming from a far away clearing you sneak closer behind you, are your men ready to be given orders. As you peek through a bush you can make out 4 armored men 2 wearing rugged Gambesons and dented kettle-helmets, 1 wearing a leather Chest protection and a metal cap also dented and dirty. The last one is a large old man with a shady grey beard with fine looking clothing.
The 2 men in Gambesons seem to are armed with old lances. The one man in leather seems to have a crossbow in his arms and a knife on his belt. The man in the fine clothing is holding a dagger to Wiebart's throat who seems to be dangling upside down of a tree branch, he looks rather beaten up from the looks of it. You retreat again into the dense shrubbery. You can suddenly hear voices. "So ya' little stinker. You wanna tell me what ya' think you was doin' near our camp? You heading to Boarhead Hill ain't ya'? But you can't be alone can ye, no you are way to stupid to be a lone sellsword, where is yer Commander, I'll slit yer throat if you don' tell me!", you hear a loud thumb as if someone was punched along with a grunt that most likely came from Wiebart. "I ain' tellin' you shit, you old fook! You gotta cut me noggin' open before I tells you were me Capn' is!" another thumbing sounds and another grunt are cleary hearable.

Rupert looks over to you, his sword in his hands awaiting your next command.
>>
Manty should target the one of theirs with the crossbow, the rest should charge hard and fast. Take them by surprise.
>>
>>979124
Manty should aim at the other crossbowmen and take him out while we attack as fast as we can so we can get the maximum outcome of the suprise.
>>
Rolled 82 (1d100)

>>979124

Rolling to seduce the hostile mercenaries.
>>
>>979124
Attack them all!
>>
>>976796
alas I have work
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.