[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark Gate Academy Season 2 Episode 28: Kazuma

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 20

File: Dark Gate Academy OP2.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Gate Academy OP2.png
2MB, 1280x720px
Twitter: https://twitter.com/bookerman32
Discord: https://discord.gg/yz7sDra
Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Dark%20Gate%20Academy
Character Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/s9JM8xxW
Combat Rules (NEW!): http://pastebin.com/DvuKGNuC
Season 1 Aftermath Chapters: http://pastebin.com/R4DN9d2i
Character Previews: http://imgur.com/a/kYNpY
Season 1 Synopsis: http://pastebin.com/SzF8NfW8
Quest Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT0WpdrCJYE

Far off, nestled in an otherwise small Japanese town lies the Dark Gate Academy. An institution of tremendous size, the Academy holds a long kept secret. Unknown to the outside world, this unseemly town is home to a tear in our reality. A gate between our world and a bizarre dimension known as the Darkworld. The inhabitants of this hellish world breach this gate and attempt to flood into our reality and spread throughout the world on a regular basis. However, the Dark Gate Academy is home to students of truly extraordinary abilities. The ability to sense the presence of these evil Darkworld creatures, and defeat them in combat, sending them back through the gate.

They cannot close the rift between our world and the Darkworld, but the students and staff of Dark Gate Academy have dedicated their lives to using their amazing powers to hold back the darkness that plagues our world, even if it costs them their lives. They have risen up to the challenge and in secret have become great heroic defenders of the world as we know it.

For many years, Dark Gate Academy has held back the forces of the Darkworld, kept this unspeakable evil contained within their walls. But a dark cloud approaches, and times are about to change. A new chapter in the tale of Dark Gate Academy is about to begin.

>Previously on Dark Gate Academy...
You discovered the true nature of two of your classmates.
>>
File: Anri.jpg (330KB, 1061x750px) Image search: [Google]
Anri.jpg
330KB, 1061x750px
“If you wish to find us, you can on the great plains of Ekuripusu before sundown tomorrow. I suggest you don't. Be safe.”

That's the simple message found posted to the door of Chihiro and Sayeka's dormroom. A close inspection from Class president Hanako told you that it was in Taiyo's handwriting. And so... the search was on, a large group consisting of Class 1 and Class 2 students hopping aboard a coach and making their way to the location stated in the message. It could be a trap, and the message pretty much states that it'll be dangerous, but it's the only lead you've got.

Tsuki and Taiyo... the both of them demons. It's unbelievable... and yet it makes a lot of sense. Taiyo always had that air of mystery around him, and Tsuki was plenty devilish, plus the supposed power of the both of them being so high. It also explains the mystery of why Taiyo couldn't be seen by Sayeka... must be a power of theirs, something that played into how none of the school staff were aware of their existence.

“I don't understand...” Akuro mutters. “I thought I had tabs on every student... to think there were two that I wasn't even aware existed.”

“Well, it seems that they had some ability to tamper with people's memories of them,” Anri explains. “And even your perception of them. They would appear as completely invisible to you, even to the point where mentions of them never registered in your mind. And interesting power... thought I do question why they didn't extend it to their classmates?”

“They were undercover here for some reason,” Hikaru of Class 1 states. “Maybe once you had already talked to them, your knowledge of their existence couldn't be hazed? Maybe that's the limitation they have on it?”

“Perhaps...”

Akio Naito shakes his head as he leans back in the chair next to Hikaru. “Look, you can all propose how they managed to sneak their way into the school all day, but what really matters is working out how exactly we're going to kick their asses.”

“That's what we have you for, idiot,” Hikaru smirks. “I do all the research, and work out who and what it is we're fighting, what they can do... and then I point my dumb strong boyfriend at them and he beats them up.”

“I don't care what powers they have brainiac,” Gado points out to Anri. “I just can't wait to put a bullet in between Tsuki's eyes.”
>>
File: Mayu16.png (564KB, 850x1075px) Image search: [Google]
Mayu16.png
564KB, 850x1075px
“I gotta admit Kaz, this is pretty tense...” Kiriko mutters, sitting in the chair next to you. “Tsuki and Taiyo... I always figured Tsuki was a bad guy, so him being a demon isn't any surprise... but Taiyo? He was quiet and polite and took care of animals! And... are they supposed to be working together?”

“We have no clue yet,” you explain. “But seeing that they fled together, it's looking like that.”

“But... they hated each-other!” Kiriko exclaims as she scratches her head. “Oh, this is all so confusing!”

“I know, right?” Io laughs. “Wow, I thought I was a master of deception! Guess I should have been taking notes from Taiyo, right?”

Mayu crosses her arms in the seat next to Io. “Kazuma, Kiriko... I promise I will protect the both of you. With my life, if need be.”

“Mayu, you shouldn't say stuff like that!” Kiriko complains. “We'll be fine! Look, we've even got Class 2 backing us up! People like Saki, and Akio... they're much more powerful than any of us! There's nothing they can't handle!”

The coach stops, and the group pools out of the coach. Saki Kobashi stretches out as she addresses the groups. “Okay, everyone! The Ekuripusu plains are a wide open piece of countryside, plus we've got some small forested areas that our targets are likely to be hiding in around the area! For that reason, I'm splitting you all into various scouting parties! With a little help from an enchantment from Hoshi used in tandem with Sayeka's vision powers, the rest of us will be made aware when another group are about to find themselves in danger, and can rush to the scene to assist them on time. Now, everyone into your groups!”

“Ugh, looks like I'm stuck with you,” Ninsei scowls as he is placed in a group with Risa.

Risa smirks. “Yep, and I'm stuck with the snake. We just gotta make the best of it.”

“I for one am glad to be in a group with such wonderful people!” Io smiles. “Risa, can I say you're looking absolutely dashing today? Though I noticed your ribbon is looking a little worn lately... luckily for you, I have an excellent selection of ribbons that you really should check out-”

“Stop. Just because you aren't the demon doesn't mean I won't shoot you in the foot if you talk too much.”
>>
File: Hanako01.png (396KB, 512x757px) Image search: [Google]
Hanako01.png
396KB, 512x757px
“Hey, we're in a group with Kaz!” Mai exclaims to Ukon. “Hooray for our new leader!”

“Yeah!” Ukon pumps his fist. “It's going to be so much fun! Us, Kaz, Kiriko and Hanako!”

“M-me?!” Hanako exclaims. “B-but I can't be expected to keep you safe! I-I'll trip and hurt somebody!”

“Come on Hanako,” you laugh. “It's a high pressure situation, I'm sure under these conditions you're not the type to screw up and hurt-”

Before you can even finish your sentence, Hanako trips over, flinging forward, making hard contact between you and the top of her head... more specifically, the top of her head and your groin.

As Hanako falls flat on her face, and you clutch your lower parts, wincing in pain and trying your hardest not to just collapse in an embarrassing heap, Mayu picks Hanako up and dust her off.

“Trade places with me,” Mayu commands.

Hanako wipes her eyes, feeling guilty for having hurt you seconds prior. “Really?”

“Yes,” Mayu explains. “I would rather be in this group than you. And my current group contains Gado and Makoto, who are more than able to keep you safe when you stumble.”

“Wow... thank you!” Hanako smiles, leaning forward for a hug, only to fall again and land face first into Mayu's chest. Mayu develops a slight blush and looks around embarrassed, especially when all the guys stop and stare. Mayu pulls Hanako back and carefully guides her towards her new group, before turning back to you.

>You're very serious about protecting us, aren't you?
>That Hanako is a hurricane of destruction, isn't she?
>You know, you look cute when you're blushing.
>>
>>968702
>>You're very serious about protecting us, aren't you?
>>
>>968702
>>That Hanako is a hurricane of destruction, isn't she?
>>
>>968702
>>
File: Kazs_Hell.png (23KB, 580x202px) Image search: [Google]
Kazs_Hell.png
23KB, 580x202px
>>968702
>That Hanako is a hurricane of destruction, isn't she?
Like I needed an excuse to post this.
>>
>>968702
>>That Hanako is a hurricane of destruction, isn't she?
>taking the killer out of our group
We owe Mayu one, she totally saved some lives today.
>>
>>968702

Oh Mayu...
>>
>>968702
>>You know, you look cute when you're blushing.

Bye Hanako It was nice seeing you
>>
>>968702
>>You know, you look cute when you're blushing.
Hope I am still on time to vote.
>>
File: Kiriko09.jpg (561KB, 752x1062px) Image search: [Google]
Kiriko09.jpg
561KB, 752x1062px

Mayu nods solemnly. "I would give my life for either of you."

"Mayu, stop being so morbid!" Kiriko yells. "Nobody's giving their lives, okay?"

"But I am more than willing," Mayu explains. "I owe so much to Kazuma and yourself... and due to my recent betrayal, I can say that my life is worth much less."

"Mayu..." you mutter in pity.

Saki claps her hands together. "Okay everyone! Spread out and get moving!"

Before you take off, you find your group being approached by one of your least favourite people.

"Out of the way trash," Roka mutters. "I've got something to say to the fly."

"Now's not really the time to start an argument..." Kiriko sighs.

Roka growls. "Who said I wanted to start an argument, you pesky fly?! I just wanted to tell you something!"

"And what's that?" Kiriko asks.

Roka blushes and pauses. "Be careful. I... we don't get along, mostly because you're so damn annoying... but either of those demons squashed you like a bug here... I'd be sad. So... don't be a freaking idiot."

"Oh... thanks?" Kiriko raises an eyebrow. "I... don't really know how to respond to that..."

"Well, just don't get any ideas!" Roka yells. "I just like having someone to pick on, you know? And you're the softest and... squishiest!"

"And you're the dumbest..." Kiriko gives a small smile. "You be careful too, you dumb ape."

Roka takes off with his group, as Mai lights up in delight. "Oh... that was so romantic!"

"Romantic?" Kiriko laughs. "Come on, don't make me sick!"

"Indeed," Mayu adds coldly. "Please stop causing us harm, Mai."

"Let's just keep moving..." you sigh. "Don't forget that we're supposed to be scouting? We can't let all the other groups do all the hard work..."

"So, are you going to date him?" Mai asks, ignoring your orders. "He's got kind of a hunky body, don't you think? We see the two of you flirt every day and it's so adorable!"

"Stop," you and Mayu mutter in unison.

"Oh, but it's cute! Are you playing hard to get? Or are you planning to make the first move! Oh, it's so wonderful I could sing!"

"Stop," you repeat, more forcefully this time.

Mai pouts. "But I thought you loved my singing!"

"What on earth could possibly have given you that impression?" Mayu asks.

"Geez, I felt like I was being interrogated there," Kiriko chuckles. "What did you think of that, Kaz?"

>You know he does have a crush on you, right?
>Mai's just annoying. You'll get used to it.
>Eh, we can talk about it later, once we're done with this mission.
>>
>>968749
RIGHT. ON. CUE.
>>
>>968749
Just another day for Kazuma "Dreamkiller" Asai.
>>
>>968749
>>You know he does have a crush on you, right?
No promises with him so we can spill the beans.
>>
>>968749
>>
>>968749

I don't think anyone gets used to Mai being annoying
>>
>>968754
Don't think Anri would appreciate us taking off her shirt Anon.
>>
>>968761
She shows them enough I don't think she'd mind.
>>
>>968749
>>
File: Kiriko17.png (580KB, 600x848px) Image search: [Google]
Kiriko17.png
580KB, 600x848px

"What?" Kiriko laughs incredulously. "No way! The dumb ape? Are you kidding?"

"I wish I was," you reply. "But it's been pretty obvious to everyone for a while now. Did you not thing what he just did was suspicious?"

Kiriko shrugs. "He's just a weirdo. That's all."

You shake your head and chuckle. "Kiriko, you can be pretty naive with this stuff."

"No way!" Kiriko protests. "If someone had a crush on me, I think I'd notice!"

Hearing this, Mayu shies away to the back of the group as you walk along.

"Kiriko, remember that one boy in grade school who pulled your pig-tails every lunchtime?"

"That loser was the worst..." Kiriko mutters in disgust.

You nod. "Yeah, he liked you too. He was trying to get your attention, and Roka's no different."

"But..." Kiriko mutters, before her eyes widen. "I... oh... wow, he does... doesn't he?"

"Yep," you reply.

Kiriko places her hand up to her forehead. "Aw man... and this whole time I thought... I haven't been leading him on, have I?"

"Well, are you interested in him?" you ask.

Kiriko pauses. "Well... I mean, he's not as bad a guy as I make him out to be. He's not terrible, just... dumb. To be honest, I feel sorry for him, and he can be pretty funny sometimes, so I actually like talking to him, even if it is in an argument... but interested? No, not at all... oh man, I really don't want to have to hurt the guy! Nuts... guess I'll have to turn him down when this is all through..."

Mayu clears her throat as she returns to the front of the group. "Back to the matter at hand, it appears we have two options ahead of us. Either we can continue to survey the great plains, or we can inspect one of the forested areas here. Which seems to appeal to you, Kazuma?"

>We'll survey the plains area.
>We'll inspect the forest area.
>>
>>968780
>>We'll survey the plains area.
>>
>>968780
>>We'll survey the plains area.
>>
>>968780
>>We'll inspect the forest area.
Sounds dangerous but if they are hiding they are probably there.
>>
>>968780
Short of an attack from underground, we should at least see whatever we are looking for.
>>
>>968780
>We'll inspect the forest area.
What could possibly go wrong.
>>
>>968780
>>
File: Kiriko37.png (171KB, 700x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Kiriko37.png
171KB, 700x1440px

"That's good thinking!" Ukon exclaims. "I mean, the forest areas are... pretty dark and scary."

"Being scared doesn't factor into it," you reply. "It's our duty."

"Wow!" Mai gasps. "That sounded so brave coming from you, Kaz! I bet you're not afraid of anything!"

"Not really, no."

Kiriko scoffs. "Are you kidding? Kaz, you're terrified of clowns!"

"You didn't have to tell anyone that!"

Kiriko chuckles, as your group make their way further across the plains, hoping to find anything of note. Looking across, you see what appears to be a figure in the distance. Of course, your eye could just be playing tricks on you. The sun is bright today, and it could just be an effect of the light, or even just something you're hoping to see.

Either way, you find yourself walking in the direction of the figure in the distance, inching ever closer. You begin to become more convinced that the figure is just a trick of the eyes when it begins to float in mid-air... and yet, the closer you get, the realer it feels.

"Um... Kaz?" Kiriko asks.

"Hang on, I think we're onto something."

"Kaz, I don't want to alarm you, but-"

"What?" you ask.

Kiriko places her hand on your shoulder. "Wasn't it daytime five seconds ago?"

You look around and... what the hell? The sky is the black of night... the only thing filling the world with light is the moon... the gigantic image of the moon, projecting from directly behind the mid-air figure. Yes... this must be one of them, Tsuki or Taiyo. You're still far enough away, maybe they can't see you... then again, the massive scale of the moon feels like a spotlight being shone on your group already...

>Try to converse with the figure.
>Get ready to attack.
>>
>>968819
>>Try to converse with the figure.
It could be anarchdemon waifu right?
>>
>>968819
>>
Rolled 71 (1d100)

>>968819
>>Try to converse with the figure
Rolling to seduce. Dice gods please, just this once.
>>
Rolled 60 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>968819
Time to warm up Kaz's famous Social skills
>>
File: Demon Girl.jpg (116KB, 850x662px) Image search: [Google]
Demon Girl.jpg
116KB, 850x662px
>Try to converse with the figure.

As you make your way to the figure, calmly and steadily, you see that the figure's silhouette created by the moon become clearer and more defined, and soon more details on the person themselves becomes clear. You soon see that this isn't Tsuki or Taiyo at all, it's something else... someone else.

Floating in front of this strange, supernatural moon is a young-looking black haired girl... or at least, she seems mostly like a human girl. All except for one quality... the strange skeletal wing jutting out of her back keeping her in the air. With the appearance of those wings, she looks like a cross between an angel and a spider.

"Ooh, you're the one, aren't you?" the girl yells in your direction.

"Me?" you ask.

"Yeah, you!" she replies. "You're the one who was always mean to my daddy!"

"Your... what?" you ask.

The girl places her hands on her hips as she looks down at you from above with a huff. "Don't you play dumb! My daddy Moon just wanted to make friends, and you were always mean to him! He told me so! He even gave me permission to flay the skin from your bones when I caught you! He's so generous!"

"Moon... hang on, moon... are you trying to say that Tsuki is your father?"

"The Moon must be his Archdemon title," Kiriko points out. "Which means... hey, this is one of those demidemons, isn't it?"

"I was under the impression that demidemons couldn't move between the Darkworld and here..." Mayu mentions.

The demon girl pouts and snaps her fingers, causing the ground beneath Mayu to burst open, as a beam of concentrated moonlight hits her from below, knocking her back a few feet, landing hard on her back.

"Don't talk about me like I'm not here!" the girl yells. "And I'm not from that other place, no sir! My daddy made me right here!"

"A demon... born on earth?" Kiriko mutters. "This is... getting a lot weirder."

>We don't want to fight you! Do you want to tell us your name?
>Nobody hurts my friend! I'm taking you down, demon!
>We're very confused. Do you mind filling us in on what's going on?
>Kiriko, you want to try talking to this thing?
>>
>>968849
>>Kiriko, you want to try talking to this thing?
Don't tell me that Tsuki went Mario Sunshine and told this girl Kiriko is her mother.
>>
>>968849
>We're very confused. Do you mind filling us in on what's going on?
Until such a time comes where we will pobably have to fight it. We should try diplomacy and info gathering.
>>
>>968849
>>We don't want to fight you! Do you want to tell us your name?
>>We're very confused. Do you mind filling us in on what's going on?
First choice might be a bit much. Ah fuck it I'll toss it in.
>>
>>968849
Tsuki hits on our sister, we hit on his daughter.
>>
>>968849
>While Kiriko Talks to it check on Mayu
>>
Calling for

Roll 1D100, Best of 3.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d100)

>>968869
>>
Rolled 100 (1d100)

>>968869
>>
Rolled 69 (1d100)

>>968869
Man this rolls why do I even have to do this.
>>
Rolled 38 (1d100)

>>968869
>>
>>968873
So the girl solves all our problems and she even gives Kaz a potion to enlarge his dick?
>>
>>968873
I love you Anon
>>
>>968880
Should we roll for how big it is after he drinks the potion?
>>
>>968887
Won't risk it will settle with Avarage, even slightly below avarage
>>
File: Selene02.jpg (1MB, 850x1206px) Image search: [Google]
Selene02.jpg
1MB, 850x1206px
>Rolled 100 - 10

"My name?" the demon girl ponders.

"Yeah, you do have a name, right?" you ask.

The girl tilts her head. "You're all so interested in names, huh? Well, you can call me Selene."

"Okay... Selene," you mutter. "What can you tell us about your dad?"

Selene places a finger to her chin. "Why? You already know him, don't you? It's seems silly to ask. You humans are so silly! With your silly little minds in your silly little heads, just makes me want to... chop it off and see what's inside!"

Selene gives a hysterical laugh before pausing for a moment. "You know, now's the part where I'm supposed to kill you... and while flaying and torturing is a lot of fun... I don't know. I'm not feeling it today... maybe I just want to get to the real action."

"Real action?" you ask.

Selene nods. "Why should I be stuck here killing some normal humans, when I could be helping my daddy kill The Sun?"

"The Sun..." you ponder. "That must be Taiyo... so you're telling me they aren't on the same side?"

"Ha! You thought that?" Selene laughs. "No! The Sun is my daddy's greatest enemy. I don't know why, but I hate him. I hate him, I hate him! And I want to cut his stupid face off! I'll start with the nose, then I'll peel off the lips... ooh, then the ears! And then-"

"So you don't know why Tsuki and Taiyo are fighting?"

Selene shakes her head. "Your pesky blood test plan meant my daddy had to move into action a lot sooner than he hoped in order to kill The Sun. Thanks a lot, loser!"

Selene sticks out her tongue as you let out a sigh. "So, are you going to fight us, or...?"

"Well... I'd much rather join my daddy," Selene says while placing a finger to her chin. "He was gathering energy, but since you forced his hand, he's going to have trouble beating The Sun without my help. I could just leave you with a Moon Beast to tear you apart, but... I think I want to see you later! With all your limps! So, I'm going to let you off the hook just this once, okay?"

With that, Selene gives a wink and flies of, moving at incredible speeds back into the distance. As she grows further away, the image of the moon disappears, and soon you find your eye adjusting to the return of sunlight.

"What a strange creature..." Mayu mutters as she rises to her feet. "What shall we do now?"

>Let's report this back to the others before moving forward.
>Let's chase after her! We can't lose her trail!
>>
>>968903
>>
>>968903
>>Let's report this back to the others before moving forward.
>>
>>968903
No waifus shall escape our sight.
>>
>>968903
Slow and steady
>>
>>968903
>>Let's report this back to the others before moving forward.
>>
Calling for
Writing now.
>>
File: Sayeka14.jpg (387KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Sayeka14.jpg
387KB, 800x1000px
You and your group make your way back to the starting point and await to regroup with the others. Shortly, you are joined by Saki, Sayeka and Chihiro from Class 2.

"Ah, Kazuma!" Saki smiles. "Did you find anything during your scouting?"

"Yeah, something big," you explain. "We found a girl... a demidemon."

"What?" Saki raises an eyebrow. "What's a demidemon doing outside of the Darkworld?"

"According to her, she was born here on earth," Mayu explains. "Which only raises further questions."

Saki tilts her head. "So... this demon, she was on Tsuki and Taiyo's side I take it? Did she pose a threat?"

"Well, she was... eccentric," you explain. "She figured killing us would be too boring for her and let us go for now while she joined Tsuki in fighting Taiyo."

"Fighting Taiyo?" Saki asks. "Ah, so they're still enemies..."

"Oh, do you hear that Sayeka?" Chihiro smiles, nudging her friends elbow. "There's definite hope on Taiyo being a good man yet!"

Sayeka remains silent at the comment.

"You have to understand," Chihiro explains to the rest of the group. "The lovely lady Sayeka here has been fretting all day over Taiyo. She was quite taken with the gentleman you see, and the idea of him being a horrid demon is hard on her wholesome heart!"

"I simply don't believe that he is bad," Sayeka explains in a much calmer manner. "From what I know of him... which isn't much, I admit, he seemed to me like a genuinely kind person. He fed stray animals at the school gate. The idea of him being a demon doesn't feel right."

"Couldn't that have just been a really good disguise?" Ukon asks in earnest.

Chihiro wags a finger in front of Ukon's face, before hugging into Sayeka's arm. "Oh, don't you listen to him, my dear! Let's keep the faith!"

Saki turns her head to you. "Well, he was in your class, so you might know this better than me... which approach should we take with Taiyo?"

>He's a good guy, and we need to help him.
>He's innocent, but he's still a demon. We should be cautious with him.
>He's still enemies with Tsuki, but I'm not sold on his innocence. We should be ready to take down either of them.
>>
>>968963
>>He's a good guy, and we need to help him.
Taiyo best boy even if he breaks the hivemind.
>>
>>968963
He could be a hardcore LawFag.
>>
>>968963
>>He's a good guy, and we need to help him.
We need to help both
TsukixTaiyoxSeason4 protagonist love triangle is the dream.
>>
>>968963
>>He's innocent, but he's still a demon. We should be cautious with him.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>968967
>>968978
>He's a good guy, and we need to help him.

>>968976
>>968987

Rolling to break the tie
>>
File: Amaya32.jpg (285KB, 1024x1773px) Image search: [Google]
Amaya32.jpg
285KB, 1024x1773px

Saki nods. "Okay, if you say so."

"Heavens, we could at least try talking to him first?" Chihiro complains. "Send Sayeka his way, I'm certain he'll listen to her."

Sayeka's head tilts downwards, hiding her face. "I... well, that's..."

"Out of the way!" You hear Kuin yell. "Injured Gado, coming through!"

You turn your head to see Gado with several bandages wrapped around his mid-section being helped along by Makoto, as Amaya stares at him with a worried look.

"What happened?" you ask.

"Oh, it's all my fault!" Hanako cries. "I tripped and put myself in danger, and Gado got hurt trying to defend me!"

"From what?"

"A weird creature," Gado groans. "It was invisible whenever the light of the moon didn't shine on it... a lanky beast with long arms and claws."

"This must be the Moon Beasts mentioned by the demon," you mutter. "Good thing she didn't send one for us, right?"

"We were able to defend ourselves, and drive it off..." Makoto explains. "But Gado..."

"I'm lucky I wasn't torn in half," Gado chuckles. "But even with some healing magic on behalf of Blondie, I'm still not moving around any time soon."

"The way that you sprung to save her was... very brave of you Gado," Amaya gives a small smile, as Gado is set down and she hunkers next to him.

Gado chuckles. "You know... usually brave acts are rewarded with a kiss."

"Please," Amaya replies, unamused. "You should be happy with the woman in your life already."

"I am happy with the brainiac," Gado explains. "But me and her have an agreement... and you know how much I want you, blondie."

"Well... too bad," Amaya explains. "You're simply not my type! The kind of man I desire would be a brave knight or a dashing prince, who is regal, polite, elegant and would sweep me off my feet like a princess!"

"Yeah, well those guys don't exists," Gado mutters. "In the real world, you've got me."

"Gado? Gado!" You hear Anri's voice as her group rejoins you, rushing to Gado's side and dropping to her knees to hold him and kiss him.

"I'm okay brainiac," Gado smiles. "It's good to see my bravery being rewarded with a kiss."

"May I speak to you?" Makoto asks as he approaches you and Saki. "The beast we encountered... the Moon Beast, if you will... we weren't able to defeat it. None of our attacks could do anything to it, not even my magic. I'm afraid there might be a roundabout way of defeating them, and traditional combat isn't working."

"Hmm..." Saki ponders. "That leaves us in a bit of a bind if and when we encounter one in the near future..."

>We should try to find their weakness and take them out.
>When one appears, we should focus on hiding from it.
>>
>>969030
>>When one appears, we should focus on hiding from it.
We can look for a weakness while hiding.
>>
>>969033
I like this idea. I'll back this one
>>
>>969030
Were I an enterprising man. I would assume we need some light to weaken them. For now though, we should try to stay away from direct combat.
>>
>>969033
I'll back this.
>>
File: Moon Beast.jpg (430KB, 850x637px) Image search: [Google]
Moon Beast.jpg
430KB, 850x637px
>We can look for a weakness while hiding.

"Good thinking," Saki nods. "There's no use running into danger when we don't have a solid plan yet. I don't want to put anyone's lives in danger."

With that, the group sets out once more, this time travelling through the forested areas around the plains so that there are more places to hide in the event of one of those beasts showing up. Of course, the downside is that any of the beasts will have a better place to hide as well. Pressing on regardless, more of the groups join up together, as you are joined by Makoto and Amaya's group, apart from Gado, who has to recover from his wounds. The scouting portion of the mission is complete, now it's time to press on as a unified force, hoping to stop any oncoming disaster from these powerful demons at play.

As you continue to move through the forest, you end up hearing a rumbling sound, and the earth begins to quake beneath you. "What the heck was that?" Kiriko asks.

"It seems to me that the battle between Tsuki and Taiyo may have begun," Makoto replies. "We have to get to them fast, before things go from bad to worse."

As if speaking on cue, you hear a rustling in the trees. You turn around to see nothing... but then to feel an incredible force hitting your chest and sending you reeling back, crashing through a tree. Damn... that hurt. You look up to see what just hit you and yet again you see nothing... until the light of the newly formed moon shines in through the trees and illuminates the horrible creature. Long legs, long arms, but from the torso up it seems to exist only as a series of wild tendrils with no real head or body.

This must be The Moon Beast that was mentioned earlier... and man does it pack a punch. You feel like you were just hit by a freight train. Either way, everyone in the group begin to scatter off and hide as was suggested earlier, with Kiriko having to teleport towards you, grab you, then teleport the two of you behind a tree in order to exit the creature's field of vision. Spying on it, you see the beast walk forward, disappearing entirely as the shade of the tree blocks the light of the moon... great, now it's invisible again.

Kiriko is breathing heavy next to you. "That was close..." she whispers. "I took a big risk there... I could judge what was behind this tree or how thick it was and how far I'd have to port in order to get there... If I screwed up, I would have killed us both."

"Well, it turned out well," you reply. "Now to just stay hidden."

>[ROLL 1D100 TO STAY HIDDEN, BEST OF 3!]
>>
Rolled 40 (1d100)

>>969089
>>
Rolled 60 (1d100)

>>969089
>>
Rolled 8 (1d100)

>>969089
>>
File: Makoto02.png (409KB, 847x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Makoto02.png
409KB, 847x1200px
>Rolled 60

You hunker down with Kiriko behind the tree, making as little sounds as you possibly can, when you hear the sounds of the leaves of the trees rustling, on a day that is completely windless. You see branches break from seemingly thin air in the spaces that monster is moving through... until the rustling becomes closer, the branches snap within less and less distance of your hiding spot, until finally, you find yourself overwhelmed by this alarming presence before you. You can't see it, but damn can you feel it. You look to Kiriko, hoping she'll be ready to teleport to a new spot, but it's too late. A swipe through the air, and the tree behind you is sliced clean, toppling to the ground with little difficulty. You spin around, only to feel the push sending you flying into another tree right away.

"Kaz!" Kiriko yells out, before feeling her torso being grasped in the giant hands of the invisible monster. She's unable to move, and feels her body being squeezed.

"Kiriko!" You yell, as you ready your sword, but by the time you pick yourself off the ground, you see Kiriko already being saved by the effort of Makoto, who rushes into battle, chopping at the beast's hand with his sword. The Moon Beast loses it's grip on Kiriko as she falls to safety, before Makoto stands bravely before her.

"Stay back! Me and my sister can handle this!" Makoto explains, before holding out his hand and generating a bolt of blue lightning, firing at the invisible creature, and pushing it back until it is revealed by the moonlight once more. Amaya leapes forward with her spear, pushing the beast back further, though neither seem to be doing any lasting damage to it. The battle with the beast spills out into the plains, and as the beast slashes and swipes at the two of them with staggering speed, they are nimbly able to dodge each and every hit. The twins movements and skills are completely astounding. You've never seen them properly in action before, but you have to say you're more than a little impressed. The conversation of who the best pure fighter in Class 1 always came down to wither yourself or Roka, yet if you're to account for the use of magic, and the sheer acrobatics and teamwork on display by Amaya and Makoto, they truly put you to shame. You feel like these twins could put up a fight for even the strongest members of the upper classes.

Despite this impressive display, Makoto and Amaya's hit are only able to hold the beast off and keep it distracted, unable to actually hurt it.

"Kaz, it's about time we thought of a weakness for this thing!" Kiriko yells.

"Easier said than done," you reply. "All we know about this thing is that it's invisible outside of moonlight."

"Well, we have to think of something!" Kiriko asks. "Makoto and Amaya can't just fight at a stalemate with it forever!"

>How about some fire? Heat it up!
>Maybe sunlight could hurt it?
>Let's ask Kuin if she's got any ideas.
>>
>>969148
>>How about some fire? Heat it up!
>>
>>969148
>>Maybe sunlight could hurt it?
Don't see how we'd find any though since it seems to be night again.
>>
>>969148
PRAISE THE SUN
>>
>>969148
>>Maybe sunlight could hurt it?
>>
>>969148
Sunlight? Supper effective against moon beasts? Crazy I know.
>>
>>969148
Seeing as how there's a whole Sun vs Moon thing going on it's not a bad idea
>>
Calling for

ROLL 1D100, BEST OF 3
>>
Rolled 65 (1d100)

>>969189
>>
Rolled 59 (1d100)

>>969189
>>
Rolled 79 (1d100)

>>969189
Please...by the sun.
>>
Rolled 85 (1d100)

>>969189
>>
File: Selene03.jpg (306KB, 850x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Selene03.jpg
306KB, 850x1200px
>Rolled 79

"Sunlight..." Kiriko ponders. "I guess that could work, but where are we supposed to get it? Tsuki's influence turns everything to night. There's no sunlight when all we've got is the moon!"

"Let me think..." you wonder, before coming to the proper realisation. "Hey, Makoto! Do you have any spells in your arsenal that will generate light?"

Makoto blocks an attack from the Moon Beast before turning his head to you. "I do! Do you think it'll work?"

"Either it works or it doesn't," you point out. "No reason not to try!"

"Okay, but it takes some build-up!" Makoto explains, as he pulls back a little from fighting the Moon Beast, as Amaya is backed up by Mayu, Mai and Ukon in holding the beast back. Despite their goofiness, Mai and Ukon can definitely hold their own in a fight. They're the weak links here, power-wise, but they've still got some skill that the gap in strength isn't as high as you would have believed.

While the rest of the group distract the beast, Makoto shuts his eyes and readies up his upcoming spell. With a deep breath, he cries out, "DIVINE LIGHT!"

A blast of radiant bright light shoots from the space between his hands and hits the Moon Beast with full force, piercing a massive hole in the centre of the beast, which soon spread out to erasing the entire beast to little more than dust fragments.

Makoto smiles and nods his head. "Good thinking, Kazuma. My, it should have been obvious. Taiyo has always scared Tsuki, therefore it makes sense that direct light would beat out the moonlight demons!"

Your time celebrating the victory is short lived, however, as in the sky appears the familiar face of Selene, standing tall above the proceedings. "Oh, it didn't kill you?" she asks incredulously, annoyed by your victory. "Daddy sent me back here to make sure you're all dead! Now hurry up and die please, or else I'm going to miss the fight!"

Selene snaps her fingers, as another Moon Beast materialises before the group. Before Makoto can charge up his divine light, or even before anyone can react, the Moon Beast comes charging towards who it deems to be the weakest threat, which happens to be Kiriko.

>[DEFENSIVE ROLL. ROLL 1D100, BO3]
>>
Rolled 90 (1d100)

>>969227
Inb4 we fail the roll and Mayu sacrifices herself
>>
Rolled 25 (1d100)

>>969227
Oh dear oh dear...
>>
Rolled 92 (1d100)

>>969227
>>969230
already juked, lets burn a nat 1
>>
>>969237
Wasted the recruit/convince roll on that.
>>
Rolled 19 (1d100)

>>969241
N-nonsense, we'll roll to seduce again and she'll be head over heels!
>>
File: Roka07.jpg (239KB, 512x708px) Image search: [Google]
Roka07.jpg
239KB, 512x708px
>Rolled 92

Kiriko is taken off guard and is unable to react in time, but you leap into action, placing yourself in front of her and raising your sword up, blocking the Moon Beast's strike and holding it back with all of your might. The Moon Beast continues to push with its claw as you hold it back with your blade, but you're unable to move. You look back to see if Kiriko's okay, and... she's missing, actually. Confused, you turn your head, to see that Kiriko was pulled to safety by a very familiar boy in a very familiar red mask.

"Have no fear, citizen!" Roka cries out. "You have been rescued by none other than The Red Mask!"

Kiriko dusts herself off and raises an eyebrow. "Thanks, I guess... you know Kaz was holding it back, right? I could just move to safety myself? Heck, I can teleport!"

"Hey, try to be more grateful, you pesky fly!" Roka yells, before clearing his throat. "Oh, I mean... no citizen is excluded from the watchful eye of the Red Mask! Particularly not one a beautiful as yourself!"

"Roka..." Kiriko mutters, blushing and feeling bad.

"Who's this Roka?" Roka asks. "I told you, I'm the Red Mask!"

That ridiculousness aside, you move out of the way of the Moon Beasts next swipe, granting room for Makoto to let loose once more.

"DIVINE LIGHT!" he cries out, before taking out his second Moon Beast, much to the dismay of Selene.

"Hey, stop it!" she yells. "They're supposed to kill you! Not the other way around!"

"None of you beasts can stop us, foul demon!" Makoto calls out. "We have the power of righteousness on our side!"

"Oh, that's good, I should use that..." The Red Mask mutters.

Selene stamps her foot in the air. "Can you just lie down, close your eyes and die already? It's easy! You're being very rude right now!"

>How about you come down here and fight us yourself?
>What do you and your father want?
>How were you born in our world?
>>
>>969272
Red Mask is a great hero
>>
>>969272
>>
>>969272
>>What do you and your father want?
>>How were you born in our world?
Whoo talking in the middle of the battle. This counts as slowly seducing.
>>
>>969272
ey bby u wan sum fuk?
>>
>>969272
>>
>>969272
yes yes, come on lovely lady, give us a nice monologue
>>
File: Selene06.jpg (84KB, 586x873px) Image search: [Google]
Selene06.jpg
84KB, 586x873px

Selene leans back in mid-air and casually shrugs. "We want the only thing anyone could ever want!" she explains.

"Right, and what's that?" you ask.

"To be complete."

"Complete?" you raise an eyebrow. "What's that supposed to-"

"-Ah, too many questions!" Selene wags a finger. "You're wasting a lot of my time by not being dead right now, you know that?"

"Sorry to annoy you," you reply. "But I think we all like living."

Selene cups her face in her hands, squashing her cheeks and pouting. "Oh... fine. I really just wanted to play a little, but if you're really going to be this difficult... I guess I'll just have to step it up. One Moon Beast at a time isn't doing the trick... how about, let's say... two hundred?"

Selene begins to rapidly and repeatedly click her fingers, causing a Moon Beast to appear... then another, then another, and another... and so on until you're completely surrounded by this endless horde of nigh-unstoppable beasts.

"Umm... I don't think I have enough Divine Light to take down all of these beasts..." Makoto explains.

"There's no way we can beat all of these!" Kiriko cries out.

Selene giggles. "That's the point! I didn't want to do it like this... it feels so cheap, plus I won't get to see the gory and grizzly details! Buuuuuut, you were annoying, so I have to kill you all as fast as I can, and this is how you do it!"

"B-but..." you hear Hanako crying, as she tries to shelter with Kuin.

"Group projects are supposed to be fun!" Mai cries out. "This is scary... and I don't want to die!"

"Yeah, I'm not a fan of dying!" Ukon calls out as well.

Amaya silently prays to herself, while Makoto has already begun to charge up his divine light, hoping to take out as many as he can before being killed.

"Stay close to me, fly..." The Red Mask speaks, sounding a lot more like a normal speaking Roka. "I won't let them touch you."

"Kazuma..." Mayu mutters, readying her Katana as a last line of defence. You nod and do the same.

It's hopeless though... Selene has you completely outnumbered with these things. There's no possible way to defeat them. Even if you were found by the rest of the group, they still wouldn't be enough to take them down. Truth is... Tsuki and his creations far outranked any of you in power from the beginning. You couldn't stop him. This was a hopeless mission and now you're all going to die. You can put up a good fight, and you intend to, but... you won't succeed. No matter what you do.

You look over to Mayu, and she stares at you determined to press on... though now might be as good a time as any to let out some last thoughts out to Mayu before you're torn apart by Moon Beasts.

>Mayu, let's protect each-other.
>Your father was a better man than mine.
>You know, I always thought you were really beautiful.
>Don't give up! We can make it through this!
>>
>>969371
>>
>>969371
>>Don't give up! We can make it through this!
>that third choice
Kaz pls, you'll fail the social check and do something stupid like telling her our dad was the very best.
>>
>>969371
>But if we don't make it (We totally will) I just want to say
> I always thought you were really beautiful.
>>
>>969385
Heh, I'll back this
>>
>>969385
>>
>>969371
>>
>>969371
>Your father was a better man than mine.
R.I.P
>>
>>969371
>>
File: Mayu101.jpg (363KB, 530x750px) Image search: [Google]
Mayu101.jpg
363KB, 530x750px
>Mayu, let's protect each-other

Mayu stares at you with sullen, painful eyes, before you see something wondrous. A small smile developing on her face, growing into a much larger smile, the biggest you've ever seen on Mayu.

"Yes Kazuma!" she yells, in a lighter tone than usual for her. "I will protect you with all of my life... and you will protect me. That's respect, is it not?"

She's bang on the money, and you feel she's finally starting to get it... too bad it's a little too late. You're not going to make it out of this alive... there's no chance. At a time like this, your mind begins to drift to different thoughts... to your father, and how you never lived up to his name. Your mother, and how you should have spoken to her more before it was too late. Io, imagining the distraught look on her face when she discovers what's happened to you... it would be too much to bear. Countless other thoughts of countless other people, as you boldly march forward with Mayu, your sword drawn ready to attack the closest Moon Beast.

It won't work, your sword has little to no effect on them. One is a struggle, but two hundred... an endless sea of enemies that will swallow you up. You never realised just how much of an uphill battle you were facing until it was too late. Still, with pride in your skills, and a steely determination, you keep fighting, even though you know all hope is lost. After all, it's not like some miracle will come down from above, right?

As a Moon Beast lunges at you, you ready your sword, prepared to fight with all of your might, till your last breath... until a burst of light shoots through the beast, disintegrating it.

... What? Where the hell did that come from?
>>
File: Eos.png (1MB, 700x989px) Image search: [Google]
Eos.png
1MB, 700x989px
You turn your head to see more and more Beasts being hit by rays of light, being turned to ash as they do, so you turn your head to the sky. The moon... it's disappearing, replaced simply by a big, bright golden sun, that tears through the darkness, and in a single burst, destroys each and every one of the Moon Beasts. And at the head of it all, a figure in the sky. One that's taller, more elegant in stature than Selene. A beautiful blonde haired woman with the wings of an angel, coming down to you.

"Eos, you ruined everything!" Selene screams at the angel.

"I am sorry sister," the woman smiles. "I could not allow you to harm these innocents."

Selene huffs and shakes her fists. "Oh... I'm telling my dad! You're gonna be in big trouble!"

With that, Selene warps out of view, likely re-joining her father... but this angel, Eos, has caught your immediate attention. "Who are you? Did... you just call her your sister?"

Eos smiles. "As you heard, my name is Eos. I am like Selene, though I am the daughter of The Sun."

Well, at least this one is actually conversing with you and not trying to kill you. "Now I'm even more confused..." you mutter. "If you're Taiyo's daughter, and Selene is Tsuki's daughter, in what way are you sisters?"

"Well, we are born from the same entity," Eos explains. "The Sun and The Moon... or Taiyo and Tsuki as you know them, were once a single powerful Archdemon known as The Eclipse. It split off into two sides... and when these two sides clash, the power generated is so great, your whole world may crumble in the crossfire."

"What?!" Kiriko snaps. "Then we have to stop them right away!"

The earth beneath you rumbles and quakes once more.

"You best hurry," Eos warns you, flapping her wings with authority. "For their battle has already begun."

END OF EPISODE 28 PART 1
>>
>>969443
Woah...what a ride this has been!

>Genuine smile Mayu
If only for a fleeting moment. I am so happy for her.
>>
>>969445
Happy Mayu... dies in part 2
>>
File: Akemi_Christmas.png (490KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Akemi_Christmas.png
490KB, 600x800px
>Ending Theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LhG3AV14ec

>Archive
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Dark%20Gate%20Academy

>Twitter
https://twitter.com/bookerman32

Thanks for playing! Due to the season, part two of this thread won't be up until after Christmas, either on Monday or on Tuesday! Follow the Twitter for anymore updates, and have a merry Christmas! You guys are awesome.

>Discord
https://discord.gg/yz7sDra

>Player Question
What are your predictions for part 2? How much destruction will The Sun and The Moon cause? And what role will their daughters play?

>Bonus Question
I really wanted to have a Christmas episode... and I will! But I do have to wait until it's Christmas in-universe, which won't be until the end of the next arc. I was lucky to have the Halloween episode fall close enough to Halloween, but the Christmas episode may not be until mid-to-late January. So, what do you want out of the Christmas episode?
>>
>>969482
Thanks for running Booker and Merry Christmas to you and all players
>Player Question
Convince rolls, and we may have to fight Taiyo when he goes full Templar Knight
>Bonus Question
Mistletoe shenanigans coupled with rage and salt when it involves Kaz ships
>>
Rolled 65 (1d100)

>>969482
Thanks for running Booker.

>PQ
Craters everywhere, tons of cute woodland creatures lose their homes. That's how we stop the fight, appeal to Taiyo's creature side. Daughters are cute and for recruiting once we managed to safely talk Tsuki and Taiyo down and drag their ass to the academy.

>BQ
As that other anon said mistletoe shenanigans, specifically Sae teasing, and general feel good social links.

One last time rolling for seducing Selene, she's the important one.
Thread posts: 111
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.