[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bard Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2

File: bard_xmas.png (124KB, 365x325px) Image search: [Google]
bard_xmas.png
124KB, 365x325px
Bards; they're usually fucking gay, but not today! I'm fairly certain bard quests have been done in the past, but this one is probably different, because it follows not one bard, but three bards! Yes, three, please don't leak on the floor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm really bad at starting quests. But, it's not the intro that matters, it's what's inside. Anyways, three bards, and you can choose which one we start with.
The first option, Option A, is the typical bard, a snarky, insensitive cunt, whose only goal is to fuck, but is charismatic nonetheless. Option A performs with a fiddle, and wields it the way a wizard wields his wand.
The second option is more of a thief archetype, but this is my quest, so she's a bard. She's very greedy, and her only goal is to acquire as much money as she can, until she dies. This option is a floozy, voluptuous woman, who doesn't perform with an instrument, but dances, and allows her curves to sing for her.

The third option is a weathered old war veteran, who has retired from the knight business, and prefers to sort problems out with his words. This old man's main goal is to find a nice, peaceful place to die. The third option doesn't dance, or perform with an instrument, though he knows how to use many. The third option prefers to sing in a deep, baritone voice, and he's skilled in many fighting styles, and knows how to wield many weapons, to a degree.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There are different companions, and you can choose which companion follows which bard.

The second companion is a burly, blind Werebear, who usually goes topless, but is so hairy he appears to be wearing a leather shirt at all times.

The third option is a fledgling bard, a young man who is absolute shit at everything he attempts, but has great aspirations. This companion joined the bard you choose because he ran away from home, solely because of his daddy issues. He's pretty faggy, if you ask me.
And that's the best I could do for an intro to this. No matter which bard you want to follow first, pair companions to the other bards. Also, let me know if you want me to flesh out the bard's backstories, or you can come up with one yourself. The comment with the most replies is chosen for the quest.
>>
>>965975
>Option A,
>warband
>>
>>965994
guess i'll reply to this so that if no one else comments, i can go ahead and start
>>
>>965975
Option A
Werebear
>>
>>966212
>>965994
>No matter which bard you want to follow first, pair companions to the other bards.
>>
>>966235
Ohh I read that wrong.

Then Option A to Werebear
Option B to Warband
Option C to Fagathor
>>
>>966244
>Option B to Werebear
>Option C to Fagathor
>>
>>966247
i do not understand what you're doing with this post. are you telling me that these are your votes, or are you trying to convince the other guy to change his votes?
>>
>>966266
Didn't mean to reply to him
>>
>>966268
it's k. i'll give it about 20 more minutes, before i flip a coin to choose one of your suggestions, then begin.
>>
>>966244
“There, it’s perfect. Listen to this, Kyte.” You play a little tune on your fiddle, reading the notes off of a freshly finished sheet of music. The sound seems to echo off of the trees surrounding you. The werebear stares forward with his milky eyes, waiting until you’re finished to speak.
When you’re done, you look over at Kyte expectantly, and raise one eyebrow when he takes a deep breath through his nose.
“Smells like shit,” Kyte says, his voice completely monotone.
You frown.
“Music doesn’t have a smell. I wish you’d stop saying that about my performances.”
“No, something smells terrible.”
“It’s not that bad-”
“Not the music. It smells like something dead, and close, too.”
As if on cue, the man tugs at the reins on his horses, and the wagon rolls to a stop.
“Somethin’s blockin’ the road, fellas. One of ya is gonna have to move it.”
“What do you mean, ‘something’, old man?” you ask, a little bit mad about not getting any feedback on your performance.
“I mean, I can’t tell what it is. It’s dead as a doorknob, though. Might be a deer. Anyways, move it, or I will, and charge ya extra.”
“Greedy old bastard,” you mumble to yourself, as you stand up to look at whatever’s blocking the road.
It sure is dead, but you have no idea what it might have been in life. It’s smeared all over the path, and the horses seem nervous, just being near it. You look over at Kyte, who is still blindly staring into space.
>Tell Kyte to do it, even if it means you owe him later.
>Go do it yourself, and risk getting blood on your hands.
>Tell the wagon driver to do it.
>>
>>966358
>Go do it yourself, and risk getting blood on your hands.
The odds are always against me. This is the fith time I lost a flip/roll.
>>
>>966372
You pull on your big boy panties, hop out of the wagon, and head towards the dead creature, against your better judgement. The closer you get, the worse the smell gets, until you begin to feel nauseous. You don't know what you were expecting.
You pull your neckerchief up over your face, and do your best to kick the largest chunk of the dead creature out of the way. Doing your best not to vomit, you then set about kicking the bones scattered around out of the way, until you're satisfied with your job. You climb back into the wagon, take one of the unused shirts out of Kyte's bag, and wipe your boots off with it, before putting it back in the bag. You tell the wagon driver to keep going, and cross your arms, frowning.

>Ask Kyte if he knows anything that could have done that.
>Sit in silence.
>Try playing something on your fiddle.
>>
>>966426
>Ask Kyte if he knows anything that could have done that.
>>
>>966436
"Hey, Kyte?..."
"Yes?"
"Do you know anything that could do that to an animal that large?"
"Do what to an animal that large?"
After remembering that your friend is blind, you briefly describe the scene to Kyte, right down to the arrangement of the bones, and how what you thought was the rib cage seemed to have been blown open from the inside.
After a few moments of contemplation, Kyte says, "I could."
You nod to yourself, and rub your biceps, frowning.
Kyte leans back, sighing, and closes his eyes. He places his hands on the back of his head, and sits in silence for several minutes, before speaking again.
"Tell me why we're on this trip again, to take your mind off of it. I know how much you love the sound of your own voice."

>Call him an ass, and continue to sit in silence, stewing in your thoughts.
>Briefly go over the purpose of the trip. Talking is strangely therapeutic for you.
>Write-in.
>>
>>966473
>Briefly go over the purpose of the trip. Talking is strangely therapeutic for you.
>>
>>966479
"I suppose I could, to refresh your memory. We're going to Skavand, because it's the type of place where the inspiration for songs and poems are made." You ramble on, talking about all of the songs you've heard sung about Skavand, how it seems too good to really exist, until you realize that Kyle is fast asleep, snoring like a bear.
Sighing, you continue talking anyway, telling about how some bards have become famous just by writing one or two songs about Skavandian adventures. You sigh wistfully, and settle down to sleep, much calmer now.
Some time later, the wagon jolts to a stop, and you snort, waking up immediately. The wagon driver turns around in his seat, resting his arm on the railing of the wagon, and says in his grating voice, "End of the road, fellas. Get out."
You sigh, and start to wake up Kyte, when you realize that he's already off of the wagon, with his bag slung over his shoulder. You grab your own bag and hurry off of the wagon, nearly faceplanting in the dirt, but recover and race to catch up with the werebear. You throw a scowl over your shoulder at the wagon driver, who is already in the process of turning around, and shake your head, facing forward again. You see the lights of a town far in the distance, and whine slightly. The sun is setting, and the temperature is dropping rapidly.

>Set up camp for the night, and get a fire started.
>Press onwards, and risk getting frostbite.
>>
>>966541
>Set up camp for the night, and get a fire started.
can't sing, play, or dance if we're frozen
>>
>>966553
You tug at Kyte's wrist, and he frowns slightly.
"Let's set up camp here, Kyte. It's too cold to keep going."
"They're making that dish that you like in the inn tonight, Will," the werebear says, in his monotone voice. You let out another slight whine, and shake your head.
"You're lying, you don't even know what dishes I like. We're setting up camp for tonight." Sighing, the large man unslings his bag, and pulls out a few of his shirts. You gather some sturdy branches, and some kindling, then construct a fire and a tent, using Kyte's shirts to cover the structure built with the sticks. You agree to take watches, but you both end up just falling asleep, and wake up the next morning, spooning with Kyte. You pretend to be asleep for a few more moments, before making a startled noise and rolling away from him.
"What the hell are you doing? Agh, gross!" You hurry out of the tent, and start to pull the tent down, frowning. You hear Kyte grumbling, and see him shaking his head when his shirts are bundled up in your arms. You put them back into Kyte's bag, and throw it at him, before gathering your own bag, and setting off towards the town again. Several minutes of walking later, Kyte catches up with you, and you walk in comfortable silence for several minutes, until you decide to ruin it.

>"Don't pull that stunt again, Kyte."
>"If you're gonna keep doing that, we're gonna part ways at the next town we come to."
>>
>>966625
>Write-in
"So,....how did you sleep?"
All sarcastic like.
>>
>>966637
"So... how did you sleep?" You ask, your message clear.
"I don't know who you're trying to prove yourself to, Will. We're the only people out here."
"Yeah, yeah. Keep telling yourself that..."
You scoff, but your cheeks redden slightly. Kyte devolves back into grumbling, something about you being a jackass, but you decide to keep your next comment to yourself. A few hours of walking later, you reach the town, and walk into the inn.

>Announce yourself, make a big show of it.
>Discreetly enter.
>>
>>966680
>Announce yourself, make a big show of it.
>>
>>966715
You burst through the doors, and let out a "Huzzah"! You lift one leg, set it on the closest table, and unsling your fiddle. You quickly risen the bow, and are just about to get into it, when Kyte grabs you by the shoulder, and pulls you away from the table. Several people chuckle, but other than that, your display is met with blank stares. You frown, and take a seat at the table you were just posing on. Kyte sits across from you, and begins grumbling again as you wait for the waitress to come over.

>"I was just making an entrance."
>"I wish you'd quit grumbling."
>"You have no taste for theatrics."
>>
>>966747
>"I was just making an entrance."
>"How am I suppose to get famous if people don't know about me?"
>>
>>966754
"How am I supposed to get famous if nobody knows about me?"
"You could start by actually being good at playing your fiddle."
"Oh, fuck yo-"
The waitress suddenly speaks up, startling you.
"Can I get you boys something to drink, or something to eat?"
You take a moment to relax, and steady your breathing.
"I'll take the cheapest brew you've got," Kyte tells her.
"I'll have, uh..."

>Order a fine wine, even though you might not be able to afford it.
>Get the same thing as Kyte.
>>
>>966808
>Get the same thing as Kyte.
*Grumble*...play fiddle just fine.*Grumble*
>>
>>966822
"I'll have what that motherfucker's having," you say, crossing your arms. "I play fiddle just fine..."
The waitress giggles slightly, and leaves. Several seconds later, she returns with your drinks, and a scrap of paper. She discreetly passes you the scrap, and sets your drinks down in front of the both of you.
"Just yell if you need anything else." She winks at you, then turns, and heads off to serve someone else.
The scrap of paper says to meet her in the first room on the left upstairs in half an hour.
Kyte frowns slightly, and asks, "What does it say?"

>Lie.
>Don't tell the whole truth.
>>
>>966862
>Don't tell the whole truth.
"The waitress might hire me to play a few songs. How about that!"
>>
>>966885
"Mmhmm. Whatever you do, be careful, Will. I smell something strange, in this tavern."
You dismissively wave at him, and stand up, scoffing.
"You're getting old, your sniffer's broken. There's nothing strange in this tavern."
'He's just jealous,' you think to yourself, and take a sip of your drink.

>Dive out the window.
>Throw caution to the wind, and get yourself some poon.
>>
>>966933
>Pretend to your lower your guard
"Before we get started, how about I play a lovely tune?"
>>
>>966947
You lean back, resting your hands on the bed behind you, and smile slightly.
"How about I play you a song before we start, hmm? You know, a little foreplay never hurt anybody..."
The waitress shakes her head, smiling.
"I can't wait, darling. I want you now..."
She seats herself in your lap, and gently bites at the side of your neck. You slide your hands up the back of her shirt, and before she can writhe away, you feel the succubus' wings. The teeth gently biting your neck become fangs, sinking deep into your neck, and you let out a startled yell. The locked door suddenly flies off of its hinges, and a half-transformed Kyte bows his head to step through the wreckage. He's across the room in an instant, and swipes the succubus off of you with one hand-turned-paw. You cover your neck with one hand, trying to stem the flow of blood, and pull yourself up onto the bed. The now fully transformed werebear clashes with the screeching succubus, and they both savagely tear into each other, rolling around on the ground as they grapple.

Blood leaks out of your neck wound, amd from between your fingers, but you manage to slow the flow enough to not bleed to death, temporarily at least. You'll need something more permanent in a very short amount of time. You look up, and see that Kyte seems to be losing the fight. He's on his back, and the succubus is ripping into his stomach with her claws, her shirt now torn enough for her wings to flap occasionally.

>Let go of your neck, play something to help Kyte, and risk bleeding to death.
>Wait a minute. Maybe he's just letting her tire herself out?
>>
>>967017
>>
>>967017
>>
>>967039
You release your neck, and wipe your bloody hand off on your pants, before taking up your fiddle. You attempt to focus enough to weave some magic with your playing, but it just comes out as discordant chords being played in no specific order. It only succeeds in annoying the both of them, but it's enough. The now slightly annoyed Kyte overpowers his attacker, grabbing the succubus by her neck and standing up. He spins her around like a toy, before slamming her into the wooden floor. He repeats the process several more times, and the finished process is a bloody pulp of succubus, and a panting Kyte holding his entrails from falling out with one arm. People look up through the hole in the ceiling, and, instead of seeing the situation for what it was, they see the freakish manbeast holding the ruined corpse of their waitress. Several of the warriors let out cries of rage, unseat their weapons, and run for the stairs. Kyte turns, seemingly glaring pointedly at you, before the angered expression fades, and his fur falls away, revealing the regular Kyte beneath.
"We need to go," you say simultaneously.
"Out the window?" you suggest.
"The window is our best option," Kyte says in agreement, before hurrying towards the wall, and feeling around until he finds the window. He punches a hole in the glass, then clears a clean path through, before hurrying back over to you, and hefting you like a child. You barely manage to grab your fiddle and bow before Kyte throws himself out the window, and begins sprinting away from the tavern. He rebounds off a few trees, but they don't slow him down too much.

>Apologize for not really listening to him.
>Hold your neck wound in silence.
>>
>>967122
>Apologize for not really listening to him.
>>
>>967140
"Kyte, I'm real-"
"I don't want to hear it, Will. I told you to do one thing, and you didn't do it."
"I know, and I'm-"
"Shut your damned mouth, Will. Just shut up, alright?"

>Keep attempting to apologize.
>Do as you're told.
>>
>>967169
>Do as you're told.
"...Fine..."
>>
>>967178
You huff, and return to sulking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brief pause, i'll be back in a few minutes.
>>
>>967208
See ya
>>
>>967178
>>967208
Several minutes later, after Kyle has gotten you both throughly lost in the woods, you tell him to put you down. You go to reach for your bag, to retrieve your emergency utility shirt, and realize that you both left your bags in the inn. You knock your head against a nearby tree, still holding your neck, set your fiddle and bow down, then take a deep breath.
After several seconds of thinking, you turn to look at Kyte, who is seated beside a tree. You stare at him for a few moments, before looking back the way you came, and sighing. Your hand drops to your side when you realize that the blood flowing from your superficial wound has slowed to a trickle. What now?

>Go back for your things.
>Leave them, and move on to the next town.
>>
>>967334
>Leave them and move on to the next town.
Unless we can disguise ourselves, it would impossible to not be noticed.
>>
>>967354
You can disguise yourself. You could also entrance them, or run them off by making loud discordant noises. I wouldn't have suggested it if you didn't have a way to get by the angry warriors.
>>
>>967360
Hmmm, then I switch to
>Go back for your things.
>>
>>967371
You cough to clear your suddenly dry throat, and tell Kyle your plan. He doesn't answer, either too tired or too focused on not dying.

>Whatever you decide to do, roll a 1d100 for it. 100 is a critical success, 1 is a critical failure. Anything below 50 is a failure, anything above 50 is a success, 50 exactly is a coin flip.
>>
Rolled 65 (1d100)

>>967402
>Disguise yourself
>Start a bar fight
"Hey, that guy over there said you're a bugger."
>>
>>967430
You play a little tune on your fiddle, effectively making yourself look like a different person. Your mind is in other places, though, so the glamour isn't very strong, and would dissipate if anyone touched you. You hide your instrument in the hollow of a tree, then step into the bar. Everybody seems to have either left, or gone hunting for you and Kyte. You shrug, collect your bags, and retrieve your fiddle, then start out on the path back to Kyte. Or, at least, what you think is the path.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now's as good a time as any. Bard switch, y/n?
>>
>>967447
>y
That's convenient
>>
>>967454
Alright, option b or option c?
>>
File: 1482369602618.jpg (33KB, 399x388px) Image search: [Google]
1482369602618.jpg
33KB, 399x388px
bard quest is dead. rip
>>
>>969923
Of I hadn't been asleep i'd have joined up, tough time of the year to start a quest though, what with christmas and all.
>>
>>967454
option b
>>969923
Hope you come back. I was having fun.
I wasn't able to answer because range ban..
>>
>>973569
>>975445
sorry fellas, bard quest is abandoned. i actually have two going up tomorrow though, Lich Quest Volume 2 and Holy Quest. you ought to be on the look out for those.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.