[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Witcher Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20161222_154326.jpg (92KB, 609x371px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161222_154326.jpg
92KB, 609x371px
This takes place very slightly before the events of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

You sit in your iron cage, shivering in your cloth vest and thin pants while freezing mud creeps between your toes. You wrap your hands around the solid iron bars of the cage meant to contain bears, a few solid tugs prove to be fruitless even though the bars are heavily rusted. You give up and lean against the frigid metal and allow the cold to slow creep through your shirt and down your spine, you put your head in your hands and think about just three days ago before you got into this mess.

You were working for your uncle as a laborer, you loaded ships for snooty lords and low down criminals alike. Nobody ever gave you a second glance, too stupid to be a scholar and too cowardly to be a warrior you only had one gift in life: magic.

You were capable of casting a single sign with any efficiency but only the one, any other attempts at grasping more potent magic were met with failure and after a while you just gave up. You packed away your dreams of becoming some sort of mage and went to work for your uncle in Novigrad.

You were almost glad your aspirations were crushed when you heard of the public executions of magic users, persuaded even more to keep your former failings as a mage to yourself you became just another face in the crowd.

Nobody had ever spoken your name unless yelling at you to go faster or berating you for a mistake, eventually your hand was forced. Your uncle found a glyph you had managed to bring with you to maybe remember the good days of your exploits in magic, he turned you in to the Eternal Fire.

You stowed away on The Bloated Drowner and set sail for anywhere else. The 2nd day of your voyage you heard a commotion and stealthily looked on deck to see a band of Skellige Pirates raiding the ship. You went to go back into the underside of the ship before you recoeved a blow to the back of the head and woke up in this crate as freezing rain drenched you.

You hear a massive roar in the distance and the sound of trees falling this causes your captors, two heavy set bearded pirates to draw their weapons and look towards the forest. Not content with being some beasts lunch with your new friends you decide to try and survive no matter what, you focus your mind and reach into yourself concentrating on the power you have for your sign. You cast...

>Aard
>Igni
>Quen
>Axii
>Yrden
>>
>Quen
Cast a protective barrier around the cage. Keep our boys safe
>>
>>965677
>Quen
Good at keeping us from dying messily
>>
>>965677
>Axii
Fuck doing actualy fighting. We can be one of those filthy con artist "witchers" and, after taking jobs, come back a day or so later and jedi mind trick them into thinking it is done.
>>
>>965706
Switching to this
>>
>>965677
>>Quen
>>
>>965677
>Quen
>>
We have a tie. I need a fresh vote to decide.

>Axii

>Quen
>>
Quen wins. Writing now.
>>
You focus and from your hand springs a small orange spark that begins to race around your body, you feel as if you're wearing a second skin.

You press your feet into the mud confident your spell can stop mostly anything from killing you outright at least, the sight that bursts from the woods strikes fear into the very core of your being.

A massive creature looking like a diseased deer crashes through the trees with a man holding onto it's head, a glittering silver blade imbedded in it's eye. You do a double take, this massive deer has a third eye, this is no mere beast but a monster and the man must be a Witcher.

You watch paralyzed by shock as the beast whips it's head downwards and the large man on its snout comes flying directly at your cage, a small piece of metal falls from his head as he tumbles towards you and into it hard enough to go through the horribly rusted ceiling bars.

He stands and you see he has a solid 5 or 6 inches on you, 50 pounds on you in muscle alone, and a beard thick enough to be used as a blanket. He shakily stands before picking a glass bottle from his belt that drips slightly from the cracks in the bottom. His yellow eyes go wide and you see his veins massive and dark pressed against his skin as he heaves himself out of the cage.

You follow suit and begin looking for a way to escape, you see the glint of silver still in the beasts third eye. It shakes it's head violently as your two captors run to it with hand axes, they are sent screaming into the woods by a swat of its horrid arm.

The Witcher charges the beast again drawing his iron bastard sword, with two hands he sticks it through the hand of the beast which lets out a terrible screech. It shakes it's head again and you hear a thud as the blade slides from its eye and onto the dirt.
(1/2)
>>
(2/2)

The Witcher sees his supernatural blade and sets off at a dead sprint for it, the beast lowers it's head and begins a charge you feel the earth tremble.

"Look out, Master Witcher!" You yell

The Bearded Witcher looks at you distracted for a split second before turning back to see a thin sliver of broken antler impale his upper right chest, the beast continues running with the man screaming the whole way into the forest. The sounds of crashing and roars muffled by the distance it's charge out between you.

You run to the Witcher's blade and pick it up, a rune is carved into the side and you recognize it as Quen. You precede over to where you saw something fall from his head and see a medallion with the likeness of a roaring bear. You slip the chain over your head and feel it rumbling softly.

You hear shouts for help behind you and turn to see more cages once covered by cloth now uncovered from the events of moments ago. 5 people are prisoner in cages much smaller than yours seeming to be specially designed for people, thank the gods for limited supplies.

They beg for help and freedom but to let them out you'd have to find and search bith the guards who were flung into the woods, the beast may return by then.

But if you leave these people to be eaten or tortured by the monster could you live with yourself?

There's also the final option of killing them all. At least it's a clean and instant death that way.

>Free them
>Leave them
>Kill them
>>
>>965883
>Leave them
>>
Sorry for the dense writing, wanted to flesh out the scene as much as possible. I will try and tone it down in the future if you'd prefer.
>>
>>965883
>Free them
So it was a bear school Witcher.
I'm sure he'll be fine
>>
>>965883
>>Free them
>>
>>965883
>Free them
>>
You can't leave these people here, even though they did it unaware, they still gave you an escape from public execution.

"I'll be back, I just have to find the key." You shout to them as you head into the woods.

It takes you nearly 20 minutes to even find the bodies, the larger of the two pirates lies motionless while his friend is wheezing what are surely his last breathes. You check the larger man and find nothing on him but a large knife and his broken axe. You tuck the knife in the waist of your pants and lean down to the injured pirate.

"Aye, I bet you're 'ere to kill me for takin ya prisoner. If that's the case then just do it, my time is short anyways." He manages to get out between bloody coughs and violent hacking.

>With pleasure (Kill him)
>I'm only looking for the key to the cells, do you have it?
>I think I'll leave you for the beast, but not before I search you for your keys.
>Write-In
>>
>>965989
>>
>>965989
>>I'm only looking for the key to the cells, do you have it?
>>
>>965989
>>
>>965989
>>
"Relax Pirate, I'm only looking for the keys to the cells. Do you have them?" You ask the seemingly slightly disappointed pirate.

"Aye, In my satchel." He says motioning to the small leather pack on his hip before looking at you again

"We shoulda' killed you lot on the boat and sunk it. Wouldn't be breathing through two ribs if we 'ad" he says before spitting blood on your shirt and letting his head drop into the mud, unconscious.

You sigh and search his pack pulling out a key ring with 7 keys, you rush back to camp and enter slowly. The beast hasn't returned and the medallion hasn't rumbled since you left the dead pirates, you quickly unlock the cages and set the other five prisoners free.

A young girl with bright blonde hair and red puffy eyes from crying hugs your legs tightly.

"Thank you, Master Witcher." She squeaks

A broad shouldered man puts his hand on the young girl's shoulder and pulls her away from you. He looks you over, you certainly don't look like a whelp. Long days hauling heavy crates have given you a toned physique and you do have some ability with a blade as part of your training to be a mage.

"Does she speak true? Are you a Witcher as well?" He asks, fear slightly registeringin his voice

>I am a Witcher, Aye
>Nay sir, I'm no Witcher
>I am, and I expect pay for saving you lot.
>Write-In
>>
>>965989
>>I'm only looking for the key to the cells, do you have it?
Not going to kill him, just let him die slowly of infection, harhar!
>>
>>966049
>>I am a Witcher, Aye
"Of course, woman." Let the fondle begin! Mighty Witcher, we are! Aye! Arr!
>>
>>966049
>>I am a Witcher, Aye
And now we begin the basic premise of the quest.
>>
>>966059
better to be feared than ignored. Bandit Witcher is Born! Destroy the reputation of the witchers.
>>
>>966049
>I am a Witcher, Aye
Hopefully we don't overdo it and have our ass kicked by a real Witcher.
>>
>>966049
>Nay sir, I'm no Witcher
>>
>>966069
Kill monsters, stay alive, and don't boast too hard (because everybody hates witchers anyway).

So is there any way to grab books on monsters? Would be terribly useful to learn how to kill specific ones, even if we know jack shit about alchemy.
>>
>>966084
Sounds good.
Don't stick around in one place for too long.
Keep our head down.
Git gud.
Do our job get paid and leave.

And we should live a relatively decent amount of time.
>>
You nod.

"I am a Witcher, aye." You respond

The man takes a step back while putting the young girl behind him.

"Take whatever you want Witcher, I was the ship's guard. There's armor and a weapon in that chest." He points to a rotted wooden chest tucked away under large shipping crates and bags of food

"Take it all please, just don't take the girl." He begs

You scoff and wave the man off

"I have no interest in the child, get her somewhere safe." You say heading to the chest.

You kneel and open the soft wooden lid pulling out 2 iron longswords. One of the blades is horribly chipped and dull, you keave the blade but keep the sheath for the silver.

You pull out his armor and try it on, mostly a good fit, it's a leather chest piece with chainmail woven through it, small chain sleeves dangle from the frayed leather. A pair of pants with thick leather thigh, knee and shin pads is the next piece of clothing and you finish it with a pair of black and scuffed leather boots.

You pull the medallion from inside the chestplate so it rests on the old hide. You're pretending to be a Witcher this is insane, if you run into another real Witcher they would beat you into oblivion or worse. There is no turning back, you pick up a map and audibly moan, if the markings are to be believed then you are on Ard Skellig, north of Holmstein's Port. You fold the map and put it in a satchel which you then attach to your hip. You place both swords in scabbards and secire the silver to your back while keeping the iron at your hip.

You begin walking south to the port where hopefully you can get a boat ride back even if to Velen. You hear chattering, thick Skelligan accents, they are slightly down the road from you around a bend.

>Hide
>Openly Greet them
>Draw your sword
>Write-In
>>
>>966139
>>Openly Greet them
If we hide, we'll look like a bandit
>>
>>966139
>Openly Greet them
>>
>>966139
>Openly Greet them
But first hide the amulet. Just because we pretended to be a witcher once doesn't mean we have to do it all the time.
>>
>>966139
> jauntily great then
Hello chaps, isn't it a great day to be alive!
>>
>Openly greet them
Need that medallion out. Is our only chance at not getting bullied and fucked on like the common man
>>
But will still get fucked on because we're "freaks"
>>
"Greetings." You say plainly

The two Skelligers look at you with raised eyebrows

"So now we're paying for two freaks? You better be splitting the pay because you aren't getting another gold out of us."
The shorter of the two says gruffly, his thick eyebrows furrowed

"Relax Gundur, he's probably slain the beast already it's been quiet for ages since that horrible roarin and screamin." Says the Skelliger Guard with an eyepatch over his left eye.

"Aye? Then tell me 'master' Witcher. Did you slay the damn thing or not?"

>Aye, we slew the beast. Give the gold to my companion when he gets back.
>Aye I did, he took my friend so I'll be taking the whole payment.
>We didn't, he killed my friend. The deal is off.
>We didn't, my companion will be here soon to renegotiate.
>Write In
>>
>>966279
Taking pay from a Witcher is begging for trouble.
And I have no doubt he survived
>>
>Aye I did, he took my friend so I'll be taking the whole payment
>>
>>966279
>>
>>966279
>>Aye, we slew the beast. Give the gold to my companion when he gets back.
>>
"Aye it's dead, my companion will be back soon for the reward." You say

"Right then, maybe we'll get lucky and he gets lost so we don't have to part with 300 crowns." The short one says

He turns and walks off before his friend speaks to you a little more politely.

"I'm sorry about that Master Witcher, he loves gold and giving up so many truly put a siren in his skirt. You can head to the shack your friend was using just outside of town." He says pointing down the road at a small rickety ahack by the shore

He goes to leave and you put a hand on his shoulder, you feel him flinch.
"Are there any ships heading to Novigrad or Velen?" You ask leaning in

"Uh..I would suppose one of the supply ships comes by soon and can take you there, captain is a hard ass and you'll 'ave to pay if you want a ride." He says leaning away

Satisfied you head for the shack. The door is a large piece of driftwood attacked to the frame with rusted nails, it creaks wildly as you enter.

You see a cot with a tattered leather blanket covering it. A large bronze warhammer sits leaning against a wall, above it a few bottles of dark liquid sit on the shelf, a small chest lies under the cot and two small weathered books sit on the end of the shelf.

>Investigate the liquid
>Look through the books
>Search the chest
>Examine the warhammer
>Write-In
>>
>>966429
>Look through the books
The dark liquid is probably a potion or something so it's not like we could use it anyways.
>>
>>966429
>>Look through the books
>>
>>966429
> search the chest

>a siren in his skirt
O-okay...
>>
>Look through the books
>>
You flip through the pages of the journals and see they are handwritten, descriptions of monsters and their weaknesses, where you can find them and tips on how to fight them.

The other book is also handwritten it contains recipes for various potions and information on spells, only simple signs however.

The books are signed "Mossad Khali" that must be the large Witcher who was dragged off into the woods. He was quite the artist, you look through the book titled "Beastiary" and find a sketch of a "Fiend" the beast that took Mossad.
You put the small books in your satchel.

>Investigate the Liquid
>Search the chest
>Examine the warhammer
>>
>>966589
>Search the chest
>>
>Search the chest
Then maybe we can find out what the potion is with our notes we found?
>>
>>966589
>>Search the chest
>>
>>966589
>Examine the warhammer
>>
You lift the lid to the chest and see a crossbow. Small and compact made of dark wood, the string looks freshly oiled and the weapon is in excellent condition. A small velvet bag of barbed bolts sits next to the instrument.

>Take it
>Leave it
>>
>>966655
>Take it
We'll need that.
>>
>>966655
>Leave it
I would like to wait for the real Witcher.
>>
>Take it
We are scum so scummy weapons are a must
>>
>>966655
>>Take it
>>
>>966675
Why tf would you wait for the witcher. You distracted him, got him impaled, stole his medallion, and are now rifling through his shit. Plenty have gotten fucked up for less
>>
You pick up the weapon and fasten it to your leather belt with the small clip that's on it. You hang the bolts from your belt as well.

You move over to the liquid on the shelf, it's dark red and viscous, it has small black flakes suspended in it. Looking through the potion book you see nothing that fits it's description, you pull the stopper and are overwhelmed by the smell of sulfur and copper.

You put the jar in your bag after finding it in the ingredient section under "monster's blood"

Finally you examine the large warhammer, it's bronze with a solid oak handle wrapped in pure black cloth. You see on the flat end of the head the symbol of Igni has been carved in.

>Give it a practice swings (roll 1d10)
>Take it
>Leave it
>>
>Take it
Can sell that shit to get us onto the boat
>>
Rolled 19 (1d100)

>>966761
> practice swing
As if there is enough space in this shack to swing a cat
>>
>>966821
D10 pal
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>966761
>Give it a practice swings (roll 1d10)
>>
Rolled 9 (1d10)

Fuck it. Switching. Swing that shit
>>
You swing the hammer in a very controlled manner, the head of it glows lightly. You quickly touch the end of the hammer and it is hot. You decide to take it with you as it could be of worth to someone.

You exit the shack and look around, a few villagers look at you strange due to the massive hammer but otherwise they seem to try and avoid looking at you.

You see the cargo ship unloading food sacks and some building supplies, you know you wont get onboard without some crowns and currentky you have one. But being seen as a Witcher, work isn't hard to find.

Where do you start?

>Check the town notice board
>Go to the Tavern
>Look for any distressed villagers
>Speak to the guards
>>
>>
>>966940
Hopefully we don't fuck this up.
>>
>>966940
>Notice board
Hopefully someone wants us to rescue their cat from a tree. This means they are an easy mark because they are too useless to do it themselves and don't have any friends.
>>
>>966940
>>
You go to the Notice Board, Witcher contracts are posted there constantly.

You look over the yellowed paper that's been nailed to the board or shoved through stubborn rusted nails that have been stuck in the board for ages.

You look at the various merchant ads and see a frew contracts.

>Witcher Wanted: Drowners in my cellar
>Witcher Needed: Siren Nest
>Cyclops blocking the main road
>>
Let's get them drowners. Start small
>>
>>967059
Seems doable.
>>
>>967059
>>
You pull down the flyer, and seek out Farmoor and the building described in the notice.

Farmoor is standing infront of a large stone and wood house he starts walking towards you when he sees your medallion.

"Master Witcher, please help me, I have drowners in ny basement. A storm broke down the wall and 2 of the buggers slipped in."

>Stay up here while I take care of this.
>Let's talk gold first. (begin bartering)
>I'll pass on this.
>>
>>967450
>Let's talk gold first. (begin bartering)
Gotta make sure we're paid well.
>>
>Stay up here while I take care of this

It's two drowners. We aren't going to get shit for payment. Might as well just hop down there and finish it
>>
>>967450
> begin bartering
We are not here for fun. We have to pay off our student loan from the prestigious witcher school that our family sold all their possessions to get into.
>>
"I'm not doing this for fun old man, show me some coin or I walk." You say crossing your arms

"Of course, Master Witcher I can pay you 10 crowns for this, 5 per drowner." The man says wringing his hands

>How about a more fair price? (Name a price)
>That'll do
>Keep your coin
>I'll pass entirely
>>
>How about a more fair price?

"Could fetch 30 crowns per head anywhere decent, but I'll let you off easy. 15 crowns each, makes it 30 total or else I walk."
>>
>That'll do
>>
>>968733
This
>>
>>968733
>>968720
Sounds good
>>
"Thirty sounds like a fair price, usualky they are 20 by themselves each. But I'll drop it to 15." You say

"Master Witcher of course I'll pay your fine, just let me return home and dig it out of my bleedin velvet coin purse. Would you like me to come back wearin me crown as well? I'm not a rich man Witcher, I can do 15 for the both of them at most." He says, he seems set on his price

>Accept
>Reject (if you reject choose to visit between Tavern, Guards, Town square instead)
>>
>>968999
>Accept
>>
>Accept
>>
>>968999
>Accept
>>
>>968999
Accept
>>
"Fine, I'll take your coin. Those Drowners are done for." You say drawing your silver blade and heading for the doors to his cellar.

You remember seeing in the first paget of the bestiary to use silver on monsters. You pull open the wooden flaps and a horrible smell of rotting meat hits you.

You freeze and listen, the sounds of sloshing water due to the sunlight now leaking into the flooded basement.

The sloshing of water is getting closer.

>Plan of attack (free-write)
>>
>>969261
Cast a quen and get our silver sword ready.
And get into a defensive stance.
>>
>Try to find a narrow space and force them to take me on one at a time, but never turn my back to them.
>>
>Cast quen and drop into the cellar. Take a preemptive swing as we drop.
>>
>>969261
So if we are not a trained witcher does that mean we are also not a spastic acrobat and the only fighting style that works in the games, roll hack repeat, won't work for us?
>>
>>969305
Yeah that's true.
Fighting bigger enemies may not be feasible.
At least we have quen
>>
>>969305
We also don't have the witcher enhancents
>>
>>969329
*Enhancements
>>
Need a sort of agreement on a plan or for someone ti get support.
>>
>>969273
>>969283
Supporting these too
>>
>>969261
> nope right out of there
Do we even have any experience with a sword? Well at least we will leave a nice loot drop for the next brave soul
>>
>>969455
Quen and narrow passage
>>
Rolled 30 (1d100)

You focus and let the spark of quen jump and race over you. You grip the silver sword tightly, only opening one of the double cellar doors you leave a space very thin and only one drowner can squeeze through at a time.

The sloshing reaches the stairs and you hear a wet slap as a webbed foot hits the stone step. You see a monster in the true sense of the word, it's flesh seemingly nothing more than scaley slop hanging from deformed bones.

It looks at you with blank eyes and releases a gurgling roar, you turn the blade putting it in a standard defensive position like you were taught in your basic sword lessons.

The monsters get first strike. Only one can attack at a time, you must outroll me to defend successfully.

Roll 1d100 and add +10 to your roll since in defensive position.
>>
Rolled 17 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>969499
Time to show we're the real deal
>>
File: tumblr_nx8ftxiYeb1svqx5yo1_500.jpg (91KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nx8ftxiYeb1svqx5yo1_500.jpg
91KB, 500x333px
>>969504
Is that right?
>>
Rolled 70 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>969499
Time to give it our all
>>969504
Don't get cocky
>>
>>969513
Its our first time
>>
Rolled 1 (1d100)

>>
Rolled 58 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

Cmon dice god
>>
You're ready for the tackle from this fish man, you push the flat of the blade to the side as he collides and it goes floundering to the side.

You hear more slapping as the next beast pulls itself out of the flooded cellar.
The stunned Drowner begins to stand back up.

>Finish off the grounded drowner
>Stab wildly in the dark cellar entrance
>Try and hold the doors shut
>Defensive stance

Quen Sign still active.

Roll a d100 with your choice.
>>
Rolled 66 (1d100)

>>969638
>>Finish off the grounded drowner
Finish the job
>>
>>969641
Supporting
>>
Rolled 50 (1d100)

>>969638
>>
>>969644
Gotta roll
>>
>>969644
Gotta roll still
>>
Rolled 83 (1d100)

>>969638
>>
Rolled 41 (1d100)

You plunge the blade through the Drowners throat, a horrible gargling and near black blood seep from the throat wound. You hear wood shatter as this Drowner, larger than the previous bursts through the wood. You have no chance to defend and can only try to dodge.

Roll 1d100 with -10 since you are currently blade deep in a drowner, you must beat my roll
>>
Rolled 87 - 10 (1d100 - 10)

>>969869
>>
Rolled 34 - 10 (1d100 - 10)

>>969869
EZ PZ
>>
Rolled 78 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>969869
>>
You remove the blade and jumo forward landing on your stomach as the Drowner flies overhead and crumbkes into a heap, quickly scrambling to your feet you turn to face him once more. He stands.

You and the Drowner circle the dead body of his brethren between you.

>Be Aggresive
>Be Defensive
>Another tactic (Write-In)
>>
Rolled 92 (1d100)

>>969933
>>Be Aggresive
Its worked for us so far
>>
Rolled 38 (1d100)

>>969933
> pocket sand + quick thrust
>>
>>969933
>Be Aggresive
We really should train with this sword.
And just train in general
>>
Rolled 81 (1d100)

The Drowner makes a saving roll he must out roll you.
>>
>>969957
Get wrecked faggot
>>
So close. Yet so far.

You scream and charge the Drowner, leaping over the dead body of his kin. You lift the blade up with two hands and bring it down furious and filled with adrenaline.

You see scaly arms fly up in a final animal survival instinct but the Silver is sharpened past a point you've ever seen and it cleaves through the scale, flesh and bone like nothing stood in your way. The blade catches finally halfway through the center of it's head.

You put your foot on its damp soft chest and kick it off the blade, a wet squish of limp body on mud signals the end of this battle.

You sheath the blade and the man runs up to you ecstatic.

"Master Witcher! Thank ye so much, here have the coin. There's something I need to get from down here, no need of your service anymore so you're free to go." He says scurrying into the knee high water of the basement.

You count the coin he gave you and it's the agreed price, your job is finished but this man seems strange.

>Follow the man

>Leave (Tavern, Guards, Town Square)
>>
>>969977
>Follow the man
>>
>>969977
>Follow the man
>>
>>969977
>>Follow the man
Eh why not, besides we didn't loot the bodies
>>
>Follow the man
>>
You follow the man down into the flooded cellar, the smell of rotted flesh and mold invades your nostrils but you hold your stomach contents down.

You see him pick up a small wooden box from the back of the basement, half submerged in water the corners are becoming pulpy and soft. He sees you and clutches the box tightly.

"Please Witcher, these are the last mementos I have of my wife, Helga. I already paid you please.." he begs

>You paid me a fools wage. I'll be taking the box.
>Don't worry, was merely curious. I'll allow you to remember her in peace.
>Open the box (roll 1d10 for persuasion)
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>970041
>Open the box (roll 1d10 for persuasion)
I'm curious as to it's contents
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>970041
>>Open the box (roll 1d10 for persuasion)
Whats in the box!
>>
Leave in peace
>>
>>970041
>Leave in peace
Cmon guys it totes wont be just like that time when a ghost asked for help in passing on and instead was using us as a way to get even with being killed by a bystander. Totally
>>
Tied up. It is currently 11pm where I am. I'll leave this vote until I wake up tomorrow. In the mean time, feel free to switch votes come out of lurking and discuss the story and future plans and post even if to just tell me how you like the quest so far.

Thank you guys.
-QoR
>>
Rolled 9 (1d10)

>Openly the box
>>
Rolled 28 (1d100)

>>970041
> OPEN THE BOX
>>
"Open the box. Now." You enforce your last word by drawing your blade from its waist scabbard.

The man whimpers and shoulders past you in a mad dash for the stairs. You nearly stumble backwards falling into the brackish water before giving chase.

He makes it to the top of the steps before his foot catches the lip and he falls forward sending the box flying.

You catch up and put your foot square on his back and the blade barely touching the nape of his neck, you can feel the vibrations of his trembling through your thick boot.

The box crashes into the ground and breaks the puny clasp holding it shut and you watch as what must be near 100 crowns spill from it all over the ground.

You pick the man up by his leather vest and he chuckles nervously.

"How did those get in there?"

>I could have died because of your greed. I'll be taking all those crowns.
>Keep your crowns, we had a deal and I got my payment.
>*Punch him in the face*
>Write-In
>>
>Keep your crowns, we had a deal, I got my payment
>>
>Punch him in the face

Make it hard enough to knock the fucker out then take his shit. That's our ticket out of here
>>
>>971376
>>Keep your crowns, we had a deal and I got my payment.
>>
>>971376
>Write-In
Take 15 of this.
Fair pay for our hard work.
You don't cheat a Witcher
>>
I have 2 votes for taking some gold 2 votes for no gold. Either switch or I need a new vote within 20 minutes.
>>
Just roll for it queerM
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

1. Leave
2. Take gold
>>
Alright no gold.
I have work, we will pick this up in...8 hours.

Merry christmas to all you guys if I dont post again it's because of Christmas festivities. Go get drunk, eat some good food, enjoy your family and get ready for Christmas. I'll see you guys later.
-QoR
>>
>>971440
Merry Christmas to you too, anon. To all anons now that I'm on it.
>>
What the hell are you guys doing.

First order of business should have been to find the Witcher and return his shit. If the MC actually wants to be a Witcher, he's gonna need training, anyway. He should find the Witcher and return his medallion. It's fine if he does some of his work for him, during the search, but I would prefer not to just abscond with his shit and live a lie.
>>
>>973739
Fuck you and your logic
>>
>>973739
My intentions of this quest were not to "become a witcher" it was to be a dude pretending to be a Witcher to inspire a little more creativity than "I chug 3 swallows then igni this monster while repeatedly rolling away."
>>
>>973765
Well that doesn't change the course of action I am voting for, which is tracking down the actual Witcher and returning his shit.
>>
>>973739
We are probably to old to be a candidate for witcher school
>>
>>973784
He's not too old to benefit from training from that individual Witcher.
>>
>>973787
A witcher training a normal person would just give then an illusion of competence and get then killed when they tried to emulate a freak and failed.
>>
>>973828
As opposed to emulating the freak with zero training and dying anyways
>>
Keep the gold, We made a deal and I received my pay." You say this as you sheath your sword. He begins to get up but you push him back down into the mud and continue with a grave tone.
"And don't you ever, cheat a Witcher again. Next one is likely to kill you."

You walk off as the man scurries to pluck his crowns from the muck and blood.

You have 15 crowns. You need more than this to be able to afford the boat out of here.

>Visit the Tavern
>Look for a distressed citizen
>Go to the notice board
>Go to the guard barracks
>>
>>979064
Visit the Tabern
>>
>>979064
>Go to the guard barracks
>>
>>979064
Notice Board
>>
Tavern
>>
>>979064
> look for a distressed citizen
An easier mark. Hopefully we won't be dumb enough to put ourselves in danger for the next job.

We should have made it look like the downers got that guy.
>>
Op is not dead. We will be resuming tomorrow at 11AM EST, see you then.
>>
You open the heavy oak door to the tavern. It's a very long building with large solid tables and benches. Eight guards have a left aide table to themselves while the right side has over 20 civilians all enjoying some alcohol from mugs.

You notice there is an elderly woman crying while holding a very young girl who has glassed over eyes and a distant stare.

>Sit with the guards
>Mingle with the townsfolk
>Talk to the woman
>>
>>987563
>Talk to the woman
Easy quest hook
>>
>Talk to the woman
>>
You approach the woman. You dont notice it at first but as you approach you see a large stain on the lower section of the young girls dress.

The stain is a deep red, either wine or blood. You pray it's wine.

"You. With the two swords!" The woman calls out as you get close.

"You have the medallion of a Witcher, I need your services. I need them desperately." She says clutching the young girl closer

>It'll be a fee of course, could you pay?
>What do you need from me?
>No thanks I have somewhere I need to be.
>Write-in
>>
>>965677

>>
>>
>>987802
>>
>>987812
Disregard damesels, aquire currency.
>>
>>987802
> it'll be a fee of course
>>
>>987802
>>
"Witchers don't work for free, any coin to offer?" You say with your arms crossed

"Yes, yes. My husband is a raider, he makes plenty. I can give you 50 crowns." She says starting to wipe her tears.

>Deal. Just tell me what you need dead.
>Let me here the job before I decide.
>No deal, this sounds too good.
>>
>>988696
>>
>>988696
50 crowns is a lot.
>let me hear the job before I decide.
But we're a dirty coward.
>>
>>988696
>>
"What kind of work warrants 50 crowns?" You ask narrowing your eyes

The woman takes a deep breath and looks into your eyes.

"They took my girls innocence. Those animals raped my baby girl. I'll pay anything to see those fiends cuts down."
She begins crying again

You put your hands on your chin and sigh.

>You'll pay anything, how about this? (Negotiate)
>50 crowns will cover it.
>Keep your coin, consider this a service.
>>
>>991102
Ask for any other information
>>
>>991102
>>
>>991102
>fiddy is good
Are they actual fiends or just men?
Thread posts: 179
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.