[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Idea Factory.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 15

File: Dinosauroid.jpg (50KB, 600x515px) Image search: [Google]
Dinosauroid.jpg
50KB, 600x515px
ITT: We pitch quests we'd love to play but lack the creative juices to run.
>>
File: Reptile Queen.jpg (81KB, 736x584px) Image search: [Google]
Reptile Queen.jpg
81KB, 736x584px
>>962873
>Young girl's life in ruins after hordes of barbarians destroyed everything and murder everyone she loved
>Got rescued by a reptile men and raise in their land
>Now she must become queen and either get revenge, lead her newfound people to prosperity or die.
Was originally my idea and some Anon like it and did a quest but he abandoned it.
>>
A quest where the mc is in a wizards infinitely expansive "tower" with each room possessing some form of function (perhaps very obscure or specific) and/or puzzle/combat, the mc starts as a simple farm peasant who stumbled in but has the opportunity to advance them selves in numerous ways using the rooms and artefacts of the tower, any rooms unlocked/solved within the tower could be moved between at anytime via some form of teleportation, the goal being to find the wizard within the tower to either escape or claim the tower as their own
>>
A standard modern Civ where the United States fractures, and every state is its own country.
>>
File: civil_war_soldiers.jpg (65KB, 800x435px) Image search: [Google]
civil_war_soldiers.jpg
65KB, 800x435px
>>963047

Hardcore Mode: Texas and California disabled from voting.
>>
>>962873
A standard fantasy civ that doesn't get abandoned or devolve into namefags with super-powers and rewards creative and well-thought-out ideas.
>>
>>963130
Most of the namefagging problems can solve by saying it's not allowed.
>>
>>963130
I don't think they ever existed but in the earliest fantasy civs. The post apocs were quite good and well thought out but now extinct.
>>
A quest where you work at a nursery/elementary school OR where you adopt a young child as a single parent and make normal teacher/parent choices without some bbeg kidnapping them and thrusting you into a lame action/adventure story to rescue them.
>>
File: Bzoll.png (204KB, 967x400px) Image search: [Google]
Bzoll.png
204KB, 967x400px
I had an Idea once about an evogame quest, with a mixture of usual evogame and usual quest. The animals were all handled by me, the QM, and the players suggest the adjectives the animals should go by as I continue to fuck up the world.. Each animals are assigned with some basic adjectives that explains it characteristics (Frogs are Wet, Jumpy, Croaks and Swim) that can be changed per each session. (Removing Wet, and exchanging it with Rough, enabled it to live in dryer climate) and it was all conducted by a team of aliens scientist who wants to repopulate earth after humans fuck it all up, so they decided to tailor the animals to their whims.

Dont have the time or enough english profiency to do it
>>
A quest where using magic causes "burns" on your body. Persistent use cause physical burns to appear and the more powerful the magic the higher degree burn
>>
>>962873
Fantasy conquistadors
>>
File: TG XCOM RECRUITMENT.jpg (201KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
TG XCOM RECRUITMENT.jpg
201KB, 650x366px
>>962873
/Quest about a Power-armored Guerrilla fighters, fighting against space Elves that have conquered earth
>>
Fantasy crusaders who only use holy enchanted weapons to hunt down and kill magic users. Either side of the story is fine.
>>
File: Satyr Wine.jpg (47KB, 564x836px) Image search: [Google]
Satyr Wine.jpg
47KB, 564x836px
A clan of Satyr and Centaurs traveling together and conquering a land with sex, wine, and stories.
I miss Friends of the Faun quest.
>>
File: 569026e64cc8f5cadb4cfbf299fa43dd.jpg (372KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
569026e64cc8f5cadb4cfbf299fa43dd.jpg
372KB, 1920x1080px
>>962873
Warframe Quest; Shortly after we start we get kicked awake by Sentient's, By that i mean the operator on the moon, and shortly afterwords either get captured by the Grinner or forced to hide out on earth or one of the other planet's. where we have to survive the Grinner, Corpus, and Sentient's who are hunting us; While also trying to contact the Lotus for rescue and regaining our forgotten memory's.
>>
>>962873
A quest where we have to teach up-and-coming adventurers how to survive everyday life doing basic tasks. The MC would be super experienced and well known (or at least their moniker is) and the people we are teaching have no idea.

I am thinking a la The White Wall.
>>
Anything that involves Dinosaurs still being around even when they should've long gone extinct. Like playing a settler Family in the 1700's traversing across the Americas with Raptors and Pteranodons running around.
Or maybe playing an Egyptian Pharaoh that has to deal with T-Rexes.
Or the Great War being fought with Triceratops and Stegosaurus'.

I fucking love Dino's man.
>>
>>962873
I'm working on a roguelike inspired dungeon crawl quest. The idea is to have the MC start as a weak character but gain more items and abilities over time to take on bigger foes as he proceeds down the floors. I'm having a lot of fun making up random loot tables and designing cool items the players might find, but the difficulties I'm running into are mostly in terms of writing a good story to go along with it.
I might end up running it as a skirmish style quest, but I'm not sure.
>>
>>964758
>a settler Family in the 1700's traversing across the Americas with Raptors and Pteranodons running around.
Fund it
>>
>>964768
I've also wanted to do something with Cowboys and Utah Raptors.
>>
Early Modern Period with the MC as a noble, wealthy merchant, or mercenary commander. Just trying to keep from getting swarmed over by any of the many wars and trying to figure out if stockpiling/manufacturing gunpowder will be profitable or just paint a target on your back.
Or
Through the Ages. Start as some nobody in a Neolithic, pre-agriculture tribe and run a slice of life, but every new thread is a random number of generations down the line, each starting with the current state of the tribe/clan and any significant advances along with a brief history of what the tribe has been through since the last protagonist.
>>
Would anyone be interested in a quest about a young empty boy with magical powers that crosses Brazil in a motorbike in order to amaze people with his magic while also exploring the indigenous and folkloric Brazilian tales, like his dad once did, while he is actually dead inside?

I wrote a little bit of it and to be fair it seemed quite promising, but I have no idea if you guys will like it enough.

>"Nothing now seems to sparkle that little shine on the eyes that you so often see in other people. "It's all about perspectives" your old man used to say "for the peasant that only owns a field and only knows a field, that field is everything. For the King that owns a kingdom but knows of other lands, that kingdom is just a field" there was something incredible paradoxical on being so rich and graced by nature while also being so empty and sad that your father could point it out very well... and he seemed to know the answer for all that unfulfillment.
But now the old man is dead and his advices seemed, although reasonable and accurate, to be of little to no importance."

Also, I'm afraid of writing too much and making it get too much storytelling and almost nothing interactive(not an experienced QM) so any ideas of how should I keep up with it? Having some ability to direct the story so it doesn't get shit while also making the player feels useful as an important part of the story?
>>
>>962873
A transformers related quest set during, before, or after the great civil war of cybertron...

Where the anons would decide who the protagonist of this tale becomes... Whether decepticon, autobot, neither, or perhaps a traitor to both...

Was also thinking of implementing a stat system for it along with companions... Would probably involve some of the lore of the TF universe, and not use any of that michael bay shit... High moon studios on the other hand..
>>
File: excuse me lord frieza.png (201KB, 456x349px) Image search: [Google]
excuse me lord frieza.png
201KB, 456x349px
A Dragonball PTO Soldier quest. I know Dragonball already gets a lot of quests but it's mostly just Saiyan wank, HFY, and the same fucking story lines. It'd be from the perspective of a soldier, the race of which would be up to the players, at about 2 years before planet Vegeta blew up. It'd be nice little romp about the galaxy and some good fight scenes, maybe even have a rebellion or too thrown in. It's a really simple and unoriginal concept, but I feel like it'd be a nice change of pace from what most DB Quests do around here.
>>
Star Wars Imperial officer quest

Weither it's leading troopers against rebel scum or command Ng a star destroyer I don't care

Basically bonus points for showing how brutal the empire can be ion the name of order
>>
>>964758
Fuck, are you me? I was thinking about something like that the other day.
>>
One other idea I've been sitting on is a quest in a similar vein as One Piece.

For those of you still with me, it would be in a Wild West-esque setting; disputes over property, gold prospects, cattle, horses, and such, rather than the golden age of piracy.
Powers would come from "snake oil salesmen" who have uncertain identities and less certain origins. The rules for powers would be similar, in the way you could only safely have one, in exchange for becoming weaker when coming in contact with iron or steel.

As for what the goal is, I'm not sure. It sounds like it could be a good sandbox if done right.
>>
>>967298
Ey, that sounds like a solid concept.
>>
Something about being a eternal space being floating through dimensions and fucking about with cosmic affairs because an eternity is going to be to really fucking boring.
>>
File: Bunkerville start map.png (162KB, 1405x1416px) Image search: [Google]
Bunkerville start map.png
162KB, 1405x1416px
>>962873
Bunkerville.
It's like a game set in a bunker after a nuclear war where people keep on fighting for control of rooms and try to get elected to be in The Mayor Position.

I've just not had the time to work out how the game is truly played yet.
>>
>>967725

Holy cow, please do this.
>>
Evil druid quest

Part fantasy adventure part comedy as none of the other up and coming evil wizards and tyrants take you seriously.
>>
File: IMG_7491.jpg (150KB, 1000x501px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7491.jpg
150KB, 1000x501px
I think an alien invasion on modern earth quest would be pretty cool. Just a generic alien invasion where the goal is to survive/ get to the safety of the military. Something kinda like Independence Day I guess.
>>
>>969692

It sounds like XCOM, and I'm okay with that.

>>964758
>>964768
>>964835

Can someone QM this tonight. I didn't know I wanted this so badly until now. Heck, it'd destroy all my excuses of an evening "plan".
>>
File: url.jpg (7KB, 268x188px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
7KB, 268x188px
A quest where all the adventurers are siblings from a super powerful noble / royal family, who were betrayed/fucked over in the line of succession ( by another branch, or through a re marriange perhaps , which would justify the number of adventurers and them being siblings) and vow to get revenge and take back their rightful place. A la Tyrion Lannister
>>
>>964768
What this guy said
>>
As a player i have many ideas for quest it's just that i don't DM .
>>
>>969717
>>969728

Any QM's available?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GPZDX9_2oE
>>
>>969736
>Any QM's available?
I wish. It seems to me everybody is doing their long-running quests right now or doing stuff for the holidays. Somebody needs to jump on that Dinosaur Oregon Trail concept for sure though. It's fucking golden in terms of premise.
>>
>>969717
What do you want QM'd I'll do it.
>>
What about a quest where we play a small recently created government for a small nation?

Basically a small group of people get elected and given a tiny budget and us players try to use that small government to fund investments and nation build.
>>
>>969755
I think he was talking about >>964768
>>
http://worldgen.bin.sh/fantasy.cgi

omg I didn't realize this site had the hex map maker.

gonna be making a quest moderately soon
>>
>>969755

Well we have an overwhelming amount of people wanting this:

>>964758
>>964768

That said, I DO also like the one guy's suggestion of having it in the Great War. Just anything with dinosaurs.
>>
>>964617

>A quest where we have to teach up-and-coming adventurers how to survive everyday life doing basic tasks. The MC would be super experienced and well known (or at least their moniker is) and the people we are teaching have no idea.

>I am thinking a la The White Wall.

I like it.
>>
>>969767
What about Wild West era (1855-ish) settlers heading to california from the east for the gold rush with dinosaurs being around still?
>>
>>969781
Only if we get to shoot banditos while riding atop a Velociraptor. And only if our official job title is "Dinoboy"
>>
>>962873

A nonfuta smut quest.
>>
A Harry Potter quest that goes really deep into the lore nd expands on what's there. One where the MC has the opportunity to get involved in really deep magic.
I'm firmly convinced that between the shambling undead horrors, building-sized monsters, ancient catacombs under every important building, and forbidden magic, Harry Potter lore starts to look a lot like bloodborne if you go deep enough.
>>
>>966672
Would you be interested in a SCAR squad quest from Star Wars or the Death Troopers in Rogue One?
>>
>>969887
Would be fun as hell, Star Wars quests are always welcomed me if they are well written
>>
File: Briandorthell Map.png (5MB, 4000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Briandorthell Map.png
5MB, 4000x2000px
What do people think of this map?
>>
>>969917
hexy as hell
>>
>>969910
I must stress that part of the emphasis I want is the brutality the empire employs in its repression not just storm troopers lolxd
>>
>>969917
Could you create a map for me like this? You would have some pretty detailed references too.
>>
>>969940
http://donjon.bin.sh/fantasy/world/

http://donjon.bin.sh/fantasy/demographics/

http://donjon.bin.sh/fantasy/random/#type=town

Just spam random until you find something that you like, then generate it, then save the map. Keep going until you find about a dozen maps you like then flick through them and pick your favourite.

then fiddle around with some of the other generator sections for lore.

that's what I plan to do :)
>>
>>969781
>>969797

YES. Are we still doing this now? I'm in.
>>
>>969969
>>969781
>>969797

>>970067
>>
>>963047
>>963052

No we just need to find a DM to do this.
>>
CG supervillain quest
Where in you're explicitly in it for profit, looking out for your dudes and making the city at least a slightly less shitty place, ideally while maintaining a "muhahaha" moustache twirling exterior.
>>
>>969917

Dang good map- though, it could use some poles.
>>
>>969917
Nostalgia
>>
oh yeah running the map here

>>973204
>>
>>963754
Please, someone run this.
>>
Quest where corporations have made huge breakthroughs in super soldier-type augmentations and wage secret wars of sabotage and espionage to get the upper hand on each other. You play as a corporate asset and are sent on contracts for the government and sent on missions for your company. One day, your built-in loyalty device malfunctions.
>>
File: Celebrations_001.jpg (71KB, 237x387px) Image search: [Google]
Celebrations_001.jpg
71KB, 237x387px
>>963130
>A standard fantasy civ that doesn't get abandoned or devolve into namefags with super-powers and rewards creative and well-thought-out ideas.

>rewards creative and well-thought-out ideas.
I am curious what you mean with this part because most "creative ideas" usually involves either "use the vague and no rules bound magic to solve the problem" or "discover this modern technology that nobody knows about in the setting be we know exists in real life which will solve the problem" or a combination of these two. Neither of these are really that creative because they are both all purpose textbook solutions to problems.
>>
File: 1363914783380.jpg (56KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1363914783380.jpg
56KB, 400x400px
>>979436
that's what I mean.
I usually try to stick with what we already have and build upon that.
>Develop baskets
>Make different shaped baskets
>Make different things from the same material as baskets.
>Cleverly segue from baskets into something else.
Also providing as much info as I can about how to build it, how it works and how our primitive people discovered it. Also incorporating the religion and culture into magic, decision-making and thought processes.

Instead of like you say:
>hurr make high-quality steel!
>hurr make gunpowder!
>hurr make airships!
>hurr make mustard gas!
>hurr orgies and harems!
>hurr earthbenders, telekinesis and fertility magic!

>mfw awesome myceloid quest will die soon
>mfw OP said he wouldn't abandon it
>mfw it had such potential
>mfw I don't have the slightest idea how to run a civ quest
>mfw I don't even know how to archive it
>>
Witcherverse story where you create your own witcher. Select from which school he will be from, the equipment he carries, and a bit of his backstory. Generally adventure around and live out your witcher dreams without having to be Geralt.
>>
A magical user female wuest when you don't use necromancy and actually play the good girl instead of a villain.
>>
I was thinking of something like a Dying Light inspired quest. One where there is a quarantined city full of zombos and you either are just trying to survive or possibly even escape? I feel that with a little creative juice and elbow grease it could turn out well.
>>
>>980691
Can we be a pixie or druid/shaman?
Or maybe a little witch academia student?
>>
Japanese battle academy adventures except MC draws power from what is essentially an eldritch abomination (and likely not the cute type). Can the MC preserve all his sanity points and prevent himself, his classmates and his academy from going off the deep end? End goal can be surviving until graduation or destroying the link between the MC and the abomination.
>>
A quest where players don't want to fuck the first girl they meet. Seriously, it happens all the time. That's why I hate playing as a guy who then meets a girl.
>>
A civ game that skips the whole "pick race and location" shit and goes right into the action with something that the OP has already planned a bit
>>
>>969846
Ryukuza, nigga
>>
>>986595
But doesn't that remove the main interest of the civ? What "action" do you have in mind?
>>
>>986595

>>988216

I agree with this anon, it will remove some interest in the game.

Maybe OP could have a few races/scenarios picked to start from instead. That way it will be something he wants to do and can already have some of the story to go with it but still allow for player choice in determining the kind of civ they are interested in playing.
>>
>>988293
>>986595

On second thougth, wouldn't it be better to have a civ that actually goes somewhere with less players than one that gets more players at the start just because of the chance to pick a race you liked and then gets abandoned because OP has no idea what to do with it?
>>
>>990595

Honestly any new interesting game that doesn't get abandoned would be awesome about now. In the last week it seems at least 10 fall into this category.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.