[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yet another evogame: No science edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 25

File: A whole new thing.png (4KB, 376x254px) Image search: [Google]
A whole new thing.png
4KB, 376x254px
When I started these games there were no measurements, extinctions, or any other kind of silliness. So here's the deal - we evolve our base creatures and fucking deal with it. Then we make a chart to keep track of evolutions. And we like it. Here's the critters:

Scrote - Possibly the most important creature. It's a coral and its main food source is an algae under its skin. When parts of it die, they calcify. These make coral reefs important to many creatures. These reefs are so large they form small islands.

Slippy - This little critter lives in the reef. It feeds on small parts of it and its slender little body can exist in the jungle of calcium.

Scaw! - a bird-like predator. It lives on the Scrote islands and eats Slippys when it can catch them.

That's it. Our world is mostly ocean with small natural islands. If I feel like it I will pop in for some god-like intervention.
>>
File: Slippy2.png (1KB, 385x254px) Image search: [Google]
Slippy2.png
1KB, 385x254px
Slippy gets tricky and evolves a longer body. It makes escaping from the Scaw! easier.
>>
Can we get separate images for the creatures, OP?
>>
File: Scrote.png (1KB, 153x83px) Image search: [Google]
Scrote.png
1KB, 153x83px
>>962763

Sure. Slippy is already in its own pic. So here's scrote
>>
File: Scaw!.png (1KB, 162x90px) Image search: [Google]
Scaw!.png
1KB, 162x90px
>>963169
and Scaw!
>>
File: Scaw Evo.png (3KB, 486x302px) Image search: [Google]
Scaw Evo.png
3KB, 486x302px
>>963174
In response to the growth of the Slippy, some Scaw grow longer, more prehensile necks.
>>
>>963317
Please excuse my shitty paint skills
>>
File: Scrote.png (1KB, 153x83px) Image search: [Google]
Scrote.png
1KB, 153x83px
>>963370
>Please excuse my shitty paint skills

Shitty skills is the spirit of the game!

Scrotes on the surface of scrote-islands develop green algae to take advantage of the bright sun. This has made their flesh more tender.
>>
File: slippyv3.png (4KB, 828x681px) Image search: [Google]
slippyv3.png
4KB, 828x681px
>>963317
In response to the scawl with their long thin necks, the slippy develop chopping blades to chop the neck as it comes down by bending its long body.
>>
>>965086

D E V I O U S
E
V
I
O
U
S
>>
File: red slippy.png (858B, 169x79px) Image search: [Google]
red slippy.png
858B, 169x79px
>>965086

An off shoot of slippy becomes the red slippy. It is preys on Scaw! by chopping their necks off, but takes advantage of the fallen flesh. They sometimes also eat other slippy.
>>
File: armoured scawl.png (4KB, 828x681px) Image search: [Google]
armoured scawl.png
4KB, 828x681px
>>965091
To deal with the red slippy, the scawl evolve to have thicker and armoured necks, this allows them to feast on the red slippy (due to the red slippy being unable to cut the armouring) however as a downside to their thicker and slower (due to the armouring) necks, they can no longer hunt the base slippys effectively anymore and must sustain themselves purely on the red and bladed slippys who try to cut its neck.
>>
A deep ocean variant of scrote develops, losing its green color for a blue phosphorescence.

Another one takes root in mountain lakes and tarns high in iron, and turns rust-red from the iron oxide.
>>
>>965104
you know you actually gotta post a pic right?
>>
File: Scrote types.png (3KB, 177x176px) Image search: [Google]
Scrote types.png
3KB, 177x176px
>>965104

I'll help you out here.

>A deep ocean variant of scrote develops, losing its green color for a blue phosphorescence.

Let's say it finds a way to feed on detritus

>Another one takes root in mountain lakes and tarns high in iron, and turns rust-red from the iron oxide.

Well, there isn't much land, but I'll play along. Now there is one large island with mountains and lakes. This scrote has evolved remotely and thrives without any competition.
>>
File: World map.png (4KB, 624x176px) Image search: [Google]
World map.png
4KB, 624x176px
And what the hell, here's a map.
>>
>>963317
The megascaw emerges from the need of greater musculature to fight off the new threats.
>>
>>965091
The red slippy evolves into the Blender slippy. Its an overall larger version which spins to achieve a blender-like effect and shred prey caught within.
>>
File: yfscaw.png (2KB, 209x102px) Image search: [Google]
yfscaw.png
2KB, 209x102px
>>965264

The Scaw! are sick of being attacked by murder-fish just to get a bite to eat. The yellow-faced Scaw! emerges. It has a huge ripping talon to hunt megascaw.
>>
File: nom.png (38KB, 579x403px) Image search: [Google]
nom.png
38KB, 579x403px
>>965101
The CROCSKULL evolves from the armored scaw, combining both offense and defense in its now entirely protected head. It hunts all other slippies, impervious to their attacks (but is vulnerable to other scaws because of its slowness)
>>
>>965270

The QUICKSCAW evolves from the yellow-faced scaw, as it thrives on preying on the recently evolved slower scaws (mega and crocskull). Its entirely yellow now as well.
>>
File: Mscru.png (4KB, 261x136px) Image search: [Google]
Mscru.png
4KB, 261x136px
The green algae'd scrote becomes a full-on plant. It only grows on the surface of scrote-based islands, but takes advantage of the oxygen surplus provided by not being under sea water and grows huge!

This is the mottled Scru!

I will make an evolution tree, but 4chin is being silly and giving my that image 404 bullshit right now.
>>
>>962505
back in my day, our rpg's didn't even have rules or dice. we just fucked with each other and god modded, and everyone dealt with it.
>>
>>966070

Back in the day, like when I created the game? I miss billu.
>>
File: camo blender slippy.png (5KB, 461x246px) Image search: [Google]
camo blender slippy.png
5KB, 461x246px
>>965267
A small group of the blender slippy that are tired of getting hunted by the crocskulls when underwater and the non-stop evolution gambits between the two species develops a symbiotic relationship with the >>965689 gaining green camouflage, air breathing capabilities and subsisting itself on the algae and scrottle. In return they ensure the protection of the mottled scru from predators.

The only part that the blender slippy has yet to be able to camouflage seems to be its head which the blender slippy uses to recognize other blender slippy territories
>>
File: the hive.png (62KB, 836x518px) Image search: [Google]
the hive.png
62KB, 836x518px
>>966306
Cryd and Symet were here. Billu is a loser.

I'll work on a couple images in the near future.
>>
>>966378

Don't talk shit about Billu, bub. I miss you, man. Where you been, what you been up to?
>>
>>966306
congrats, you invented something cool, and then failed to improve upon it.
>>
>>966581

You're not wrong. I find most people's improvements just add unnecessary complexity that puts off new players.

But you're right, I do need to improve on it. Any suggestions?
>>
>>966420
Been lurking. Occasionally posting things in evogames for others to build from.

>>966673
In my opinion the best feature added to evogames was Fortune Host's inclusion of the generation count. Nothing has topped that.
A lot of things suggested or tried in the past were indeed clunky.
>>
File: 001Bulbasaur.png (70KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
001Bulbasaur.png
70KB, 250x250px
>>966348
>>
File: yellow face.png (5KB, 257x229px) Image search: [Google]
yellow face.png
5KB, 257x229px
>>965270
Some Yellow Faces, being out-competed for preying on megascraw from the quickscraw begin to feed on Green Scrotes (>>965080) instead. They wade into shallow waters and use their long talon to scrape off surface layers to eat.
>>
File: glowing.png (3KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
glowing.png
3KB, 250x250px
>>965086
>>965212

Slippies on the edge of the reef start going out into deep water to eat the glowing brue scrotes. The ones who eat the most glow the brightest, so selection favors them. They become their own species of glowing slippies. They're called Deep Slippies until someone thinks of a better name.
>>
>>966854
camo blender slippies evolve a horn to pierce thru enemies
>>
File: 1482540392103.png (79KB, 487x412px) Image search: [Google]
1482540392103.png
79KB, 487x412px
>>969894

Camo blender's eye's change color in order to see better.
>>
File: bulbasaur.png (6KB, 183x132px) Image search: [Google]
bulbasaur.png
6KB, 183x132px
>>976851
camo blenders evolve to not look like shit
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.