[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k Chaos Warband Quest, #1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

Before we start the actual game, we're going to roll up a Warband to lead in a Black Crusade, using these tables!

> https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Chaos_Warband_Creation_Tables

Now, roll 1d100 to determine the Warband's Alignment!
>>
Rolled 34 (1d100)

>>954903

If no one else will roll, I will, as it makes no difference.
>>
>>954949

Huh, looks like this Warband follows,

> KHORNE, BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

Alright. Roll 1d100 for the Frequency Of Blessings!
>>
>>954956
Fuck it
>>
Rolled 95 (1d100)

>>955006
And I have forgotten how to roll apparently
>>
>>955012

Do not worry brother, Tzeentch's schemes often deceive even the strongest among us.

The Frequency Of Blessings is,

> High: Every deed, every thought, every word spoken is done in the name of chaos. The war band is highly active and effective, constantly attracting the attention of the gods. Most, if not all, of the war band has received some sort of blessing.

Now, roll 1d100 to determine the most common blessings among the warband!
>>
Rolled 9 (1d100)

>>955042
Might as well taken on my original name from way back when warp poker night was a thing on tg
>>
So do we adhere to stereotypes or do we become special snowflakes?
>>
>>955048

The most common mutation among the warband is,

> “Aesthetic”: Physical deformities that give nothing to the individuals other a change in looks. It could be possibly a set of short horns, useless tentacle appendages, a third eye, etc.

What kind of Aesthetic mutations proliferate in the warband?

Roll 1d100 to determine the warband's primary headquarters!
>>
>>955058

This is your warband, not mine. Flesh it out as much you wish, as long as it adheres to the random die results that the table produces, it is perfectly valid.
>>
Rolled 51 (1d100)

>>955061
Would replacing their molars with canines count as ascetic?
>>
>>955078

Absolutely, though their mutations might go a bit further than just that.

The warband is,

> Fleet Based, it has no base, save for its armada!

Roll 1d100 for the warband's structure!
>>
Rolled 39 (1d100)

>>955099
>>
>>955105

The warband has a,

> Platoon level element worth of Marines but is still heavily reliant on cultists.

Roll 1d100 for the warband's recruitment methods!
>>
Rolled 12 (1d100)

>>955118
>>
>>955128

Apparently the warband,

> Uses cultists within the war band who show the appropriate fervor and potential for a Champion of Chaos to evangelize the faith of Khorne to the unenlightened!

Roll 1d10 for the warband's combat doctrine!
>>
>>955136

Note, if you roll a 10, reroll. The warband is Khornate, not Tzeentchian!
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>955136
Khorne forbid a 10
>>
>>955138
Do 8s get a bonus?
>>
Test
>>
>>955143

The warband follows a policy of,

> Shock and Awe, when possible!

>>955146

Not for the warband, though I'm certain Khorne smiles upon you.

Roll 1d100 for the Warband's Exalted Champion!
>>
Rolled 11 (1d100)

>>955157
>>
>>955161

The warband's Exalted Champion was a,

> Daemon Prince!

Only fitting, considering their devotion. Now, roll 1d10 to determine their Deed For The Gods!

After that, roll 1d10 to determine the warband's current strength, and once we've determined a few small details, we can begin the game proper.
>>
Rolled 46 (1d100)

>>955172
>>
>>955175

I said roll 1d10, as that's what the table calls for.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>955179
Whoops, got use to rolling a d100. Sorry
>>
>>955185

The Daemon Prince led the warband,

> On a glorious campaign which brought an entire sector to its knees!

Last roll, roll 1d10 to determine the warband's current strength!
>>
Rolled 1 (1d10)

>>955197
>>
Rolled 9 (1d10)

>>955197
>>
>>955198
>>955204

Oh, that's terrible.

> The warband has recently suffered a massive defeat, and is at a fraction of its full strength!
>>
So, let's recap.

> The Chaos warband venerates Khorne above all other Ruinous Powers.
> They are extremely faithful, and almost all of them have some kind of blessing from Khorne.
> The majority of these blessings are aesthetic in nature, and do little to affect the blessed, apart from changing their appearance. Canine Teeth are especially common.
> The warband is Fleet Based, and has no stationary stronghold.
> The warband has a platoon's worth of Marines, and heavily depends on cultists.
> The warband uses cultists in the warband who show the appropriate fervor and potential for a Champion of Chaos to evangelize the faith of Khorne.
> When possible, the warband follows a combat doctrine of Shock and Awe.
> The warband is led by a mighty Daemon Prince, who led the warband in a glorious campaign which brought an entire sector to its knees.
> Recently, the warband has suffered a catastrophic defeat, and only a fraction of its power remains.

That's it for rolls. Before we begin the Quest, I'd like to ask a few questions.

> What is the name of the warband, and when was it founded?
> What weapons and vehicles do the warband's members prefer?
> What strange traditions, beliefs, and philosophies does the warband hold, if any?
> What is the warband's flagship called?
> Who is the Daemon Prince leader? What is his name, who was he in his mortal life, and what is he like now?
> What foe does the warband hate above all others?
>>
>>955256
>WE ARE THE CROSSED
>we like to use hover bikes and large bats
>we strap cultists to the wheels of the bikes and our ships and ourselves as inhuman shields and blood spewers
>the flagship is The Bleeding Bastard
>The Prince is Hymthnos the forgotten, more clever then the rest of his warband but still pretty stupid
>we hate the pansy Tau more then anything
(think the crossed from Crossed with a smarty in charge)
>>
>>955405
I know it's really edgy but if we do it well we can really take off
>>
File: Heldrake02.png (954KB, 822x662px)
Heldrake02.png
954KB, 822x662px
>>955256
>What weapons and vehicles do the war band's member's prefer?

Being a Fleet Based Warband, I like to imagine that the Warband makes use of quite a lot of aircraft/spacecraft. And considering their love for Shock and Awe tactics, I think it would be pretty sick if they made heavy use of kamikaze fighter pilots.

Occasionally, whenever a single Kamikaze pilot has truly earned Khorne's favor, he blesses the pilot on the moment of impact by transforming him into a Heldrake. Thus many Kamikaze fighters seek to outdo one another with a more spectacular and bloody explosion in an attempt to earn Khorne's favor!
>>
>>955426
Imma change that motorcycle bit to this
>>
>>955429
Sweet! I'd be in favor of most of>>955405
in addition to my Kamikaze shit. Having our Warband spew blood everywhere and be openly showing all our Aesthetic mutations also fits pretty well with Shock and Awe tactics too. Just get in there, shoot up and blow shit up and be real terrifying about it.

I've never read Crossed, but I did love Uber
>>
>>955449
It's okay-ish but it's a bit like everybody is on bath salts and PCP with the occasional person who isn't completely bonkers
>>
>>955405
>>955408
>>955426
>>955429
>>955449
>>955467

OK, so the warband depends on hover bikes and kamikaze tactics. The Flagship is called The Bleeding Bastard, and their Daemon Prince leader is Hymthnos the Forgotten, who is known for his *relative* cleverness. The warband hates the Tau with a passion. They have a tradition of strapping slaves, enemy captives, and occasionally, low-ranking cultists to the wheels of their bikes, the sides of their vehicles and ships, and onto themselves as inhuman shields and blood spewers.

Sounds good, but are you sure you want to call the warband The Crossed? I don't think it's a very fitting name for a Khornate warband, but if there's enough support, I'll allow it.
>>
A nomadic band of Khorne worshippers.
>Genghis Khorne
We are the Kergite Khornites
>>
>>955827

But anon, Ghengis Khorne already exists!

> https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Doombreed
>>
File: White Scar vs. Tau.jpg (93KB, 800x703px) Image search: [Google]
White Scar vs. Tau.jpg
93KB, 800x703px
>>955827
>>955837
What if we said that the original platoon of Space Marines that are in the Cult were originally White Scars that went Chaos?
>>
>>956149
Isn't there more to roll? Otherwise I think this is coolio and it would be great to start
>>
We ded?
>>
>>956149
>Ungol Raiders
This is a reference to WHF Ungols who are a bunch of nomadic raiders that live just south of the northern Chaos weastland.
>>
Oh look finally a warhammer quest nvm it's dead
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.