[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Settler Civilization Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

I've had an idea, /qst/, and that idea is a new type of civilization thread, one that's focused on settling and taming a new land, and then actually managing to subsistence and prosperity of your people. Rather than rolling a d20 to hunt for sheep, for example, you'll need to arm some of the few people you have, find some way to train them, and locate some sheep to be hunted. Then you'll need to manage the stocks of food closely, and so on.

Rather than "Food for two turns", you'll have a larder filled with certain foods, and you'll need to keep your people fed. We'll be getting to know our civmembers a lot more closely than normal. Think of something between a civilization and a normal quest.

With the basic idea of a more closely managed, small scale, subsistence civ game established, let's get started.

We need three votes for the race of our little expedition, and three votes for where it is going to set down it's roots. Insects are the only race that is completely out, we can sort everything else out. We can have an Aasimar monastery tending for the local tribes, or a daemonic cult trying to survive in the wastelands to await their overlords. We can have Cyclops herding sheep, Ogres trudging between human villages to pillage them for their pigs and turnips.

This is probably going to alternate between comfy and starving very often, so if that sounds like your jam, please hop in and get voting.
>>
File: 1417643868998.jpg (4MB, 2700x6000px) Image search: [Google]
1417643868998.jpg
4MB, 2700x6000px
Any Race on here except insect is good, we need three votes to get started.
>>
>>952013
see, the problem isn't the idea.

The problem is nobody "having" that idea and actually DOING it. Both for CMs and players.

>>952033
Mountain Dwarves, but instead of inside the mountain, they traverse the plateaus and carve out monasteries and wineries among the peaks.
>>
>>952058
I can only promise to do my best, as unbelievable as that seems.

The dwarf thing sounds like a good idea, if people are up for it.
>>
>>952033
Mountain dwarfs pls
>>
Well, my top vote is for constructs.

However, can we vote for multiple different races?

Because if so in order of preference after that:

Mycenanea, Kobolds, and giants
>>
>>952071
I'll pop back in when I wake up, tomorrow's my last day before I'm finally free for christmas
>>
>>952076
Sure, that's fine.
>>
>>952013
Dwarves going to set in a ruin.
>>
File: 1480462808122.jpg (89KB, 550x827px) Image search: [Google]
1480462808122.jpg
89KB, 550x827px
The city was on the brink of collapse. After the recent victories against the duergar the mountainhomes swelled with new life, as refugees, soldiers and newborns alike filled the air with their chattering. Soon enough, there were thousands in search of work and board. The guilds could not support them all, and the old masters refused to take on as many apprentices as they needed to. Thousands fled from the city in search of food, but many remained, panicked and fearful.

On the dawn of the new year, once the great festivals of Calixtus had concluded, the council assembled and gave a terrible decree. All unemployed and untrained dwarves in the mountainhomes were to be expelled within one month. You were being forced out, along with countless others. Fortunately you were among the few to possess their own means, wealth enough to set up a real expedition.

You have only a week or two to take to the bazaars and to recruit the men you will need for the expedition to survive. You have a meagre 1,500 hammers to your name, a sum enough to outfit a small farmstead but little more. You will certainly not be able to delve a new mountainhome, forcing you to dwell under the light of the sun.

What equipment will you prioritize? (Choose two sets)

>Axes, Hammers and woodworking equipment with which to construct a new home above ground
>Mattocks, Shovels and Picks with which to dig out underground dwellings and begin mining?
>Hoes, Shovels, Axes and Hammers, a balanced set of equipment with which to build a simple farmstead
>Nets, Shears and a breeding pair of sheep with which to start a herd?
>Weapons and Armour with which to claim a new settlement from the previous owners?
>Medical supplies to help set bones, clean wounds and assist the diseased?
>Something else? (Write in)

What skills will you aim for in your settlers?
>Woodworkers and artisans?
>Scholars and Doctors?
>Monks?
>Farmers?
>Soldiers?
>Shepherds?
>Some others peoples? (Write in)

Who are you that leads this expedition?
>A Veteran Soldier?
>An old huntsman?
>A farmer?
>A monk?
>A magician?
>>
>>952102
>>952075

We've got dwarves locked in, and where we end up settling can be both mountainous and contain ruins, as needed.
>>
Oh, Also:

What combination of people do you take?

>5 Settlers and you yourself. Decide how many are women and how many are men.
>>
>>952108
>Nets, Shears and a breeding pair of sheep with which to start a herd
>Axes, Hammers and woodworking equipment with which to construct a new home above ground
If we are gonna start first on the surface then later move into the dephts of the mountain, this would be good starter sets
>Woodworkers and artisans
>Shepherds

An experienced smith
>>
>>952118
3 men and 3 wives
>>
>picks, shovels, etc for mining
>Nets, sheep, etc for herd.

>3 women and 2 men plus us (also male) for a nice even split.

>For skills, at least one wood worker, one miner, one Shepard, and one huntsman ideally. a farmer would be good too.

>Second the vote for us being a Smith.
>>
>>952108
>>Nets, Shears and a breeding pair of sheep with which to start a herd?
>A magician?
>>
>>952108
>>Hoes, Shovels, Axes and Hammers, a balanced set of equipment with which to build a simple farmstead
>>Nets, Shears and a breeding pair of sheep with which to start a herd?

>Woodworkers and artisans?
>Scholars and Doctors?

A farmer?
>>
>>952255
This.

Where is OP?
>>
>>952108
>Nets, Shears and a breeding pair of sheep with which to start a herd.
>Medical supplies to help set bones, clean wounds and assist the diseased.
Gotta have food and health. We can live in caves and trade our services as doctors for tools.
>Monks/Scholars and Doctors. (honestly what's the difference?)
>Shepherds.
Mountaintop monastery get.
>A magician
Because magic makes everything else easier.
>>
>>954522

I'll vote this
>>
>>952134
This
>>
>>952108
>Mattocks, Shovels and Picks with which to dig out underground dwellings and begin mining?
>Nets, Shears and a breeding pair of sheep with which to start a herd?

>Shepherds?
>Monks?

>An old huntsman?
>>
>>954522
Sounds good. I vote for this.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.