[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SPACE Knight Quest #2 (for real this time)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: PhoenixKnight2.jpg (59KB, 564x741px) Image search: [Google]
PhoenixKnight2.jpg
59KB, 564x741px
Welcome back, fellow Knights of the Phoenix.
Discord: https://discord.gg/GmqzmyM
Archives: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=PKQ
Character Sheet: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EoN56Kc7lCpSuTTo5TslQRBPBKTvlr0i7-Td7WKIDSI/edit?usp=sharing

When we left off, you were standing at the mouth of one of the many tunnels on this unnamed, poisonous, evil world, fifth from its star. You are investigating the disappearance of 2 of your subordinate Knights. You have brung Knight Erzai, a Marksman, Knight Tatania, a Pegasus Operator, and Knight Maat, a Medic.
Your Seraphim pack is currently offline in the tunnel. Markus and Malakir are both onboard your carrier, in orbit.

>Go into the tunnel
>Reconsider
>Name the ship
>>
>>950959
>Name the ship
"Dauntless stride"
>>
>>950959
>Name the ship
"Rainbow Unicorn"
>>
>>950959
>Name the ship
"Dauntless stride"

In interests of getting the thread going.
>>
>>950959
>Name the ship
>"Dauntless stride"
>>
Honestly, your mind fires out the weirdest thoughts during missions.

>Ship name locked: Dauntless Strider
>>
>>950959
>Go into the tunnel
No time like the now to go spelunking.
>>
>>952916
You sprint into the tunnel, your legs pumping. The walls and ceiling are weirdly scalloped, like something with an uncountable number of mouths ate the soil into the shape of the tunnel.
You are intensely aware of the danger of this place. Your heightened senses inform you of the pounding of your companions' feet on the tunnel's dirt floor. The humming servos of your armor. A wailing scream from somewhere beyond the tunnel...
You reach a crossroads. There are three branches.
>Left
>Right
>Middle
>Back
>>
>>953500
>Left
Going in full speed!
>>
>Something goes bump in the Knight!
>>
>>953500
>Right
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

1 for left, two for right.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d100)

You think you heard somewhere that if you follow the starboard wall through a maze, you'll always find the end. You barrel right, the whine of servomotors increasing in pitch as your companions twitch-follow your movements.

Something writhes across your path. Roll 2d100! (-1 from surprise. DC 40.)
>>
Rolled 91, 54 = 145 (2d100)

>>958103
I dunno what this is, but I'm gonna rip and tear my way to victory.
>>
>>958164
The fuck, dice gods.

You immediately recognize one of the roots of those carnivorous trees stretching across to grab you.

It seems to move in slow motion; nothing is stopping you right now. Those knights are your responsibility and your aren't going to let a FUCKING SHRUB get in your way!

Your Deathdealer flies to your hand, and you thumb the sword stud. The hum of electromagnets combined with the hiss and shriek of plasma being ignited sounds through the tunnel.

You slide the wall the root is coming from, flicking your blade in a cross pattern for maximum destruction. The plasma blade flies through the root as if it wasn't there. It's salad in an instant.

You continue down the tunnel, racing along at a slower 130km/h, to better react to such threats, but none appear.

You come to the end of the tunnel. It's caved in by a few dozen huge boulders, but you can see the wan light of this fell world flickering between the cracks.

What do you do?

>Boulders are no match for a Phoenix Knight!
>Carve through the surrounding dirt with your saber. It'll take a while, but there's no chance of error.
>Go back the way you came, to the crossroads.
>Write in.
>>
>>958303
>>Carve through the surrounding dirt with your saber. It'll take a while, but there's no chance of error.
>>
>>958303

>Boulders are no match for a Phoenix Knight
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

one for dirt, two for boulders
>>
Aight, roll 4d100 for boulderslam (+1 from Seraphim pack, DC 40)
>>
Rolled 19, 32, 5, 4 + 1 = 61 (4d100 + 1)

>>958887
>>
Rolled 3, 2, 99, 84 + 1 = 189 (4d100 + 1)

>>958887
time to carve my name into the surface of the gods and get my knights back!
>>
Rolled 99, 16, 3, 64 = 182 (4d100)

>>958887
>>
>>958952
>>959342
>>959426
+1 means dice, not bonus, sorry.

The roar of your Seraphim pack fills the tunnel. You wait one moment, before blasting the throttle to maximum and spearing yourself towards the pile of boulders.

You rocket forward like a meteor, smashing the boulders aside like they were pillows. A terrible shrieking sound ensues as the alien rock tears itself apart. The impact sends the pieces of boulders flying outwards, crashing against the poison earth of this world.

The other Knights follow you through. Erzai calls through the comm: "My Longrifle will be more useful on the top of this mountain. Permission to detach from the main group?"

>Yes, go ahead.
>No, you'll be more useful with a sword in your hand.
>Write in
>>
>>959572
>Write in
"The last thing I need is to split up and have to look for them AND you. Get ready for some close quarters violence. Steel your soul and keep your head on a swivel."
>>
"Denied. I've already had two Knights go MIA, and the last thing I need is to split up and have to look for them AND you. Get ready for some close quarters violence. Steel your soul and keep your head on a swivel."

Erzai nods. "Understood, Lady Sera."

A shrieking roar fills the air. Something bursts through the soil naught but half a kilometer away! You hear and see the blasting of a Deathdealer from nearby - it's not one of your own.

+THIS IS SQUIRE MORITH! UNIDENTIFIED CONTACTS, BE YOU SOLDIERS, EITHER ASSIST ME OR KILL ME!+

He's broadcasting broadband - a sign of desperation. Knights do not call for help unless it is absolutely necessary.
What do you do?

>Broadcast back (Write in)
>Move to aid, and broadcast your identity and intentions
>Watch how this plays out from a better vantage
>Write in
>>
>>960383
>>Move to aid, and broadcast your identity and intentions

Time's the essence. If a knight is asking for help, it can only mean that shit got real.
>>
>>960460
Second
>>
>>960460
>>960654
No time to waste. Whatever Morith is locking blades with, it's deadly enough to make a Knight call for aid.

"Morith, this is Lady Sera. I am inbound with a Strike Team to recover you. Transmitting secure channel and IFFs now."

+Praise the Fires, Lady! Thank you for coming to my URK-+
The transmission cuts out, and you see the silhouette of Morith go sailing away from whatever just burst from the ground.

You race towards the alien beast...

Now is your last chance to try and avoid combat.

>Angle away, check on Morith
>Increase throttle!
>Get more detailed scans of the beast
>Write in
>>
>>960766

Increase throttle
>>
>>960834
Second rolling STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART!!!!!!!!
>>
>>960871

Falcon punch
>>
Apologies, Knights. It seems meatspace calls me away. Therefore, we shall resume tomorrow. Watch the discord (linked in OP).

Please, leave feedback on the quest so far - pacing, characterization, dialogue, etc - tell me what I need to fix, and I'll give it my best effort.

Thanks for playing!
>>
>>961037
This hand of mine glows with an AWESOME POWER!
>>
I'm now very, very sick, so updates will be slow. Please bear with me.

>>960834
>>960871
>>961973

Your shields crackle to life, ready for the coming fight. Your plasma saber reignites. You blast to full throttle towards the alien beast...

Roll 3d100 (DC 75)
>>
Rolled 66, 29, 74 = 169 (3d100)

>>962133
>>
File: MY SIDES.jpg (55KB, 511x511px) Image search: [Google]
MY SIDES.jpg
55KB, 511x511px
>>962163
>74
>>
Rolled 24, 65, 79 = 168 (3d100)

>>962133
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.