[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Civilization Quest Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 4

File: file.png (71KB, 112x250px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
71KB, 112x250px
Please put in three votes for a race, not necessarily from the chart, and three votes for our place, where our story will begin.
>>
File: Pic for ants.jpg (5MB, 2700x6000px) Image search: [Google]
Pic for ants.jpg
5MB, 2700x6000px
>>949904
Pic
>>
>>949912
Humans
Tunda
>>
>>949912
>Fuans
>Tundra
>>
> Ogres
> Tundra
>>
File: IMG_1574.jpg (7MB, 2880x8640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1574.jpg
7MB, 2880x8640px
>Dwarves
>Mountains

Also here's another Civ chart.
>>
>>949912
>Dryads
>Tundra
>>
>>950015
Second
>>
>>949975
Second
>>
>>950015
>>950173
Actually lets go with Dwarfs.
>>
>>950015
>>950131
>>950197
So that's 3 votes from r dwarves in the mountains.
>>
>>950229
But didn't tundra get the three votes first?
>>
>>949964
Actually, lets go with tundra fauns.
>>
>>950247
Oh yeah. Although Dwarves are still the majority.
>>
>>950265
Dwarves Tundra then?
>>
>>950282
Well we could just always start in the Tundra, chill there for a while and if things go good, settle in mountains or possibly other terrains.
>>
>>950291
Okay great, let's start
>>
File: IMG_1588.jpg (130KB, 587x645px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1588.jpg
130KB, 587x645px
>>950314
Now it just depends on OP
>>
>>950327
The infamous civ thread wait.
>>
>>950327
>>950314

Actually i think OP is the same from >>947825 as he used the same wording & picture. He might be a troll.
>>
If OP doesn't start soon, I can try to pick up DM but can someone offer an example of each turn?
>>
>>950398
Aww sheeit. I barely noticed and thought it was just standard copy pasta to start threads. You might be right.
>>
>>950405
Like options to put down for players each turn?
>>
>>950422
Yeah, it's been a while since I've been in a Civ thread, are they usually on this board?
>>
>>950429
I usually go with a normal quest style and have a small to large group of nameless and named individuals. Would be better for stories but not for some masterful strategy game.
>>
>>950429
Pretty much. Ever since the mods started to get more strict and removing them from /tg/.

Anyways must Civ quests I see, the QM does stuff like tell anons to put forth 3 different options like building, scouting and stuff like that. Also maybe special options for more personal stuff like crafting a leader or special character.
>>
The group of dwarves are now lost in the frozen tundra, seeking a new home after their former mountain town was invaded by an army of skaven. Low on food, low on supplies, and living in simple tents, the dwarves are in great danger. Among the group of 20 dwarves, the master builder whose name is ??? and the head miner whose name is ???, decide what to do next for the survival of their people.

>Get a better look at their surroundings and look for more food and supplies
>Search for building material
>Keep the group moving in a direction
>>
Its been an hour since the racial and geographical lock ins. This might be a bust guys.

>>950405
If you are uncomfortable with doing a thread then I can but it will be on my phone and it will probably either have bad formating or it would be slow.
>>
>>950559
>>
>>950559
Decided i'll just write about it, withhold options, and let you guys get creative
>>
>>950576
Switching to phone

>>950559
Let's get this part started!

>>950586
Seconding!
>>
>>950559

For names I got Galrom and Balnur. I got these off of a random dwarf name generator
>>
>>950594
>>950586

The dwarves spend the day, under the supervision of the master builder and head miner, searching for building supplies. The dwarves find a small wooded area and haul back lumber. The group also finds a type of icerock in an abandoned cave, but all their tools are not able to mine the icerock. The head miner says he has heard of this material before and needs mithril picks to mine the icerock. The day is done and the dwarves are low on food, low on supplies, living in simple tents, and one drwaf has died due to the temperature.

Population 19
Master Builder
Head Miner
>>
>>950595
Great thanks
>>
>>950620
Oh no!
We need to get in the cave since our guys are dying. Do we have any timber to make fires within the cave or for torches to make sure we are alone?
>>
>>950620
Take shelter in and around the abandoned cave. Also if we can squeeze it in, send a party to gather food.
>>
>>950641
Yeah, you can use some lumber to make torches and fires. gonna need votes to decide the next step felas
>>
>>950643
We got:
2 for cave shelter as a main option
1 for food
1 for fires
>>
>>950643
I think we all agree that moving into the cave is the best option right now,
>>
>>950643
Also use remaining wood to wall-up the cave entrance to keep the wind out.
>>
The death of the dwarf leads the group to decide on finding suitable shelter. They move into the abandoned cave and light fires to keep warm. Balnur (the Head Miner) takes a few dwarves and sets out to hunt for food. They are able to snag a few rabbits in simple traps, but Balnur has fallen and is injured. The day is over and the dwarves are warm and rested in the cave, but the few rabbits they caught are quickly eaten and remain low on food, low on supplies. The dwarves now wonder what their next move is.
>>
>>950690
If we have pickaxes and tools then we should mine deeper into the cave. Otherwise just keep on scavenging for more food.
>>
>>950699
unfortunately the Icerock blocks access to mine deeper
>>
>>950690
Now that we are somewhat secured we can see about possibly exploring a bit. Check gear and dwarfs. See how much medical supplies we have and if we can patch up Balnur so he doesn't get an infection.
>>
waiting a few more minutes to update, need votes and decisions
>>
>>950736
I was doing something else for a little bit. I agree with healing Balnur.
>>
>>950690
food is still kinda important.
see if we can get some elk or seals or something.
>>
>>950699
>>950710

Balnur has developed a fever and is clear he is declining in health. The group refuses to lose their Head Miner and look to treat him. While one half of the group looks after taking care of Balnur, the other half explores their surroundings outside the cave. The explorers find another small wooded area, suitable to harvest some lumber from. They find herds of deer in another area closeby. But ehri most remarkable finding is a small quarry of iron ore, great for making tools and weapons and armor with. The day is over and another dwarf dies of hunger due to low food, low supplies. Balnur is still sick but is being treated.

Population 18
Galrom the Builder
Balnur the Miner
>>
>>950803
Late advice, friend
>>
>>950805
Go after those deer. We need the food. Also harvest some more lumber.
>>
>>950805
>>950830

Seconding. We need food as well as lumber. do need to constantly say heal Balnur or is it now automatic that he is being treated?
>>
>>950840
Its automatic, until someone wants to pull the plug to focus resources elsewhere
>>
>>950830
>>950840

A group of dwarves decide to go hunting to gather more food. They are able to take down three deer and drag the food back to the cave. This is enough food to last about a week so they do not have to worry about food for a while. A few dwarves head to the wooded area to gather lumber, but upon arriving at the area, they see two humans chopping down wood. They are undetected and bring back the news of the sighting to the cave. The hunting expedition has used up the last of the tools, and now the dwarves are relying solely on simple wooden tools and stones. Balnur is healing after eating some food. One of the dwarvish women claims they are pregnant and the group rejoices in the prospect of adding another to the group.

Population 18
Galrom
Balnur
>>
>>950881
We should build a palisade around the cave. Also mine the Iron we found earlier to make more tools.
>>
>>950881
Haha!

We are not at war with any human tribes/civilizations are we? Also, can we harvest the Iron with our simple tools?
>>
>>950907
No way of knowing if we're at war with the humans unless they find us or we find them. the simple tools can harvest small amounts of iron
>>
>>950916
Alright. Then we should mine the iron. If we can we should avoid the humans for now.
>>
>>950889
>>950907

Galrom the Builder takes the remaining lumber and tells the rest of the group that it is important to build defenses in case anyone tries to attack them, he suggests building a palisade. One of the dwarves however says "But I'm tired of living in fuckin' tents, we should use the lumber to build houses inside these caves, or at least walls so I can finally have some fuckin' privacy!" The group determines that a wall is more needed than houses so Galrom oversees the building of the palisade. They run into problem however and are few logs short of completing the palisade. Balnur however is now fully healed and makes plans to harvest the iron. He instructs a few dwarves to head to the site and gather as much as they can. They come back with two bucketfuls of ore. With this they can make iron tools and weapons and armor. Once all the dwarves return to the cave at the end of the day however, they find one of the deer they took back was missing, significantly reducing the amount of food they had.

Population 18
Galrom
Balnur
>>
>>950961
Use the iron to make axes. They can used both in battle and for cutting wood.

Just how big is the cave? Like how many dwarves could it probably given its current size.
>>
>>950971
cavs big enough for a population of 20, just enough
>>
>>950974
Ah. So it's acceptable for now.
>>
>>950961
Deer thief!

Let's build a crucible to be able to use the iron and then forge some iron tools to harvest more iron. We should also see about hunting some more to secure food.
>>
>>950976
luckily, im rolling dice for these updates lol
>>
>>950978
>>950971

The dwarves attempt to make iron tools and weapons but they cannot produce enough heat to adequately melt the ore into something workable. Balnur says they need either a better furnace, which would take a while to make, or gather more wood for a hotter fire. Galrom is worried the incomplete palisade is a danger to the group. They take some of the simple tools and attempt to gather more food by hunting deer. They are able to gather two deer and are dragging the meat back when a pack of wolves carry away one of the deer and seriously injure another dwarf. The dwarves gather in the cave and find out that after healing Balnur, there is only enough medicine to heal one more person.

Population 18
Galrom
Balnur
>>
>>951005
Well we can't just have one wounded.

Gather the wood and heal the wounded. We need the axes for defense and we need more wood for that and the wall.
>>
>>951018
This

>>951005
How rare is mithril that we need to break through the ice rock?
>>
>>951038
not as rare as some, commonly seen in cities
>>
>>951018
>>951038

With their small numbers already, the dwarves cannot lose another member of their group. They decide to heal the injured dwarf with the remaining medicine. With their dire need of lumber, the dwarves send out a party to gather wood. The party however finds more humans chopping down wood. The party decides to...
>>
>>951060
Wave to them.
>>
>>951066
This.

I guess we can't avoid it for too long.
>>
>>951069
Hopefully we can befriend them. Eventually start trading with them and perhaps even enter an alliance with them. But for now let's just do the universal greeting.
>>
>>951066
>>951069

One of the dwarves yells out and greets the humans. The humans appear startled but hold their ground, the party approaches. "Dwarves? We don't see many of your kind around here" one of the humans say. "From where do you come from? Are there more of you?" They reply...
>>
>>951075
>We are but a small group that come from the mountains. What about you?
>>
>>951080
This.
>>
>>951080
>>951086

"We come from the mountains, just a handful of us. Do you have a village around here?" The human replies "We do, just about a mile from here. How do we know you're not common bandits? Set on looting our village?" He readies his axe in case anything happens. The dwarf replies...
>>
>>951097
>We're simply humble dwarves coming down from the mountains upon orders of our lord. We are gathering timber to aid in the construction of a nearby settlement. Perhaps we could be of mutual aid to one another?
>>
>>951110

"We're simply humble dwarves coming down from the mountains upon orders of our lord. We are gathering timber to aid in the construction of a nearby settlement. Perhaps we could be of mutual aid to one another?" the dwarf asks. "Aye we could help eachother, our blacksmith is in need of iron. I know you dwarves are great smiths and probably have some or know where to find some, how about it?"
>>
>>951123

> "Iron eh? We found some just a bit off from here. We would be happy to help if we can set up an agreement."
>>
>>951126
This

Is anyone else thinking about that scene in the Hobbit where Balin is talking to Bard?
>>
>>951135
lol I can't remember that scene, looks like I need to go re-read the hobbit sometime
>>
>>951126

"Iron eh? We found some just a bit off from here. We would be happy to help if we can set up an agreement." The human then confers with his companion and says "You dwarves have yourselves a deal." The humans offer half of their lumber that they chopped down, and the dwarves show them the iron quarry. After trading information, the dwarves head back to the cave and share the news. Some dwarves are wary of these new people, while some are looking forward to this new relation. They use the newly acquired lumber to finish the palisade, which they can now use to defend themselves from anyone or anything out there. They also use the rest of the lumber to build a fire hot enough to make the iron tools. The food is now low after losing some to thieves and wolves, but at least the dwarves now have iron axes and new relations with humans. The next day, they...

Population 18
Galrom
Balnur
>>
>>951153
Go scouting and pay special attention to minerals
>>
>>951153
Now that we have finer tools we should begin construction on a forge so we do not waste a lot of lumber all the time. We should also see about hunting. Possibly making spears for hunting. Also need to talk more with the humans to help set up a mine.
>>
>>951161
>>951170

alright you guys pick top 2 things
>>
>>951173
Building a forge or furnace is a a rather high priority.
>>
>>951173
>>951198
Forge and food sounds good.
>>
>>951170
>>951198

The new iron tools prove to be very useful. The dwarves use the tools to carve a furnace straight from the caves outer rockface. The furnace now help with the creation of tools for less timber, as well as keeping the cave warm. The process of making a forge falls under Galrom to oversee. Balnur however, is worried about another food shortage and he with a few dwarves, manage to trap several rabbits to last another day or two of food. At the end of the day however, when Balnur was putting the food away, they find the other deer they saved, was missing.
>>
>>951221
Kill any animals we have and turn their skins into garments. Then scout for more resources.
>>
>>951221
Alright. Now someone has been sneaking seconds. I think we should see about looking around to see if anyone is to blame for this but without raising suspicions.
>>
>>951246
>>951250

Nobody seems to notice the food shortages other than Balnur, who takes it upon himself to find out why. First he speaks with each member of the group and finds out that no one is any better than the others or fatter. He comes to the conclusion that it is not one of the group that is taking the food. Which only worries him more. During the day though, Galrom takes several dwarves to scout with him. They find the same in the tundra, snow, snow, and more snow. They attempted to locate the human village but were unsuccessful. On their way back to the cave however, they feel the ground shake. It was as if the ground was a drum and the stick beating it was coming upon the group with haste. Galrom ordered the dwarves to find a place to hide. From their hiding places, they saw what looked like shaggy beasts with tusks thrice the size of a horse stampeding into the west. The group is getting restless when they return with news of scouting. While they were gone, the dwarf woman had given birth to a boy.

Population 19
>>
>>951286
Mammoths?!

We probably cant take one down as it is right now but they have a lot of meat on them so it's good we have a resource like that near.

We should establish a mine at the iron deposit site and gather some iron for armor.
>>
>>951309
>>951246

this DMs gonna sleep, maybe more tmrw
>>
>>951317
It's been fun man! Night.
>>
>>951317
G'night. Getting pretty tired myself
>>
I'm back
>>
>>952730

Sorry, took over a little bit
>>
>>952730
Hello.

>>952731
He abandoned the thread right after making it though.
>>
>>952730
Eh this is kinda awkward... we started the quest without you.
>>
Are we going to continue the game soon?
>>
>>952942
I guess it's up to anon >>952731
>>
>>952968
yes id like to sit back and make horrible decisions
>>
>>953010
So you want op to continue it? Because other than 'I'm back' he hasn't said much.
>>
>>953033
ugh i see that now

i want to continue our adventures
but im studying and would like to make decisions
>>
I'm back again
>>
>>958917
Update?
>>
>>958966
He's a fucking troll. He hasn't posted shit. Fuck this prick
>>958917
>>
>>959146
ive got an active thread going now
>>952744
>>
>>959205
Yay I like you you post. Although why are you dropping what you did here ?
>>
>>959313
people need to see
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.