[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Night of...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 1

File: 45513.original.png (4KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
45513.original.png
4KB, 960x640px
Whilst riding your trusty stallion through a small farm town, you notice that the sun seems to be setting... a bit too early. You also notice the peasants growing nervous, speeding along through their humdrum tasks, and you cannot help but hear their whispers, most calling for a sacrifice, but of what, you cannot discern. You rein in your steed, and ask one of the farmers what the townspeople are so nervous about. The man replies, "Mm. No idea, nope, none at all. Don't worry about it."

>Press him for information.
>Ride on, towards the town square.
>Flee from the town, and return with an army.
>Write-in.
>>
>>947274
>Press him for information.
>>
>>947285
"I, ah... It's... Nothin', really sir. There's talk of voices, comin' from the well in town square, and these blubberin' babies are scared shitless. I, personally, ain't got a problem with it, but if you could, ah... check it out for us? It'd certainly put a few minds ta rest..."

>Force him to come with you.
>Tell him to go inside, and that you'll sort this out.
>Write-in.
>>
>>947315
>Tell him to go inside, and that you'll sort this out.
>>
>>947318
this
>>
>>947318
>>947321
"Thank you. Very much." The man hurries inside, and you slowly canter down the dirt path, towards what you believe to be the well. The townspeople that pass by the well give it a wide berth. The sky darkens slightly, and a sense of dread grows deep in your gut.

>Prepare your weapon. If anything comes out of that well, protect yourself.
>Tell the townspeople to get indoors. Place their lives before your's.
>Flee. These townspeople deserve what's coming to them.
>Write-in.
>>
>>947328
>Prepare our weapon
>>
>>947420
Your weapon is gone. Someone must have stolen it while you were talking to the farmer. The sense of dread in your stomach grows, and you nervously glance about. The crowd is thinning, as if the sheep can sense the wolves circling.
>Stop one of the peasants, and demand something to use as a makeshift weapon. (Lumberjack, Blacksmith, or Farmer.)
>Stop one of the peasants, and ask if they've seen your weapon. It's impossible to miss.
>Write-in.
>>
>>947468
Look around for the fucker that took our shit and end him rightly.
>>
>>947474
The peasants are frightened by your glaring about, and scatter, leaving only the oldest, and the stupidest, behind. You spot one of the stupid peasants leaning down into the well, rhythmically lifting then dropping his elbow, as if jabbing down at something. With a grunt of effort, he leans further in. His feet leave the ground, and he teeters on the edge of the well.
>Dismount, and grab his ankles to keep him from falling.
>Dismount, and roughly drag him away from the well, then check his hands.
>Dismount, then push him in, just to see what happens.
>Write-in.
>>
(I'll check back in tomorrow. If you haven't responded by then, I'll get my shit together and do something better, but if you have, I'll be mighty thankful, partner.)
>>
>>947487
Drag him out and check his hands
>>
>>948198
The stupid peasant yelps, and latches onto the side of the well before you drag him off. You tug a little harder, and he pops free, but whatever was in his hands falls into the well. You hear the sound of your weapon bouncing off of the bricks as it falls. Needless to say, the peasant's dirty hands are empty.

>Let the peasant go.
>Verbally discipline the peasant.
>Rough him up a little.
>Kill him.
>Toss him back into the well.
>Write-in.
>>
>>948211
fuck him up a little, make an example outta him.
>>
>>948466
The only people still around avert their eyes, so you don't make a very good example of him, but you feel better after beating the peasant. You send him on his way when you're finished, then walk over to the well. You peek down into the well, and see absolutely nothing. It's a bit larger than you originally thought. If it were a tunnel, you could ride your horse through it. How do you proceed?

>Throw something into the well, to see what happens.
>Lean further in, and try to get a better look.
>Step back, and ask one of the old peasants passing by if they know anything.
>Write-in.
>>
>>948495
Throw something in, lets see how deep it goes.
>>
>>948625
You retrieve a torch from your saddlebags, light it, then toss it into the well. It disappears without a sound after falling for a few feet. You go to retrieve another one, to see if that happens every time, and you see the stupid peasant trying to steal something from your bags. How do you proceed?

>Beat him again.
>Kill him.
>Yell at him.
>Write-in.
>>
>>948705
Throw the dipshit in.
>>
>>948771
You grab the peasant by the scruff of his neck, then drag him to the well and drop him in. As he flips over the side of the well, his heels connect with your uncovered chin, sending you reeling. You stumble backwards, then forwards, and topple into the well yourself. Everything goes black.
What feels like a few hours later, you open your eyes, and immediately roll over, spitting out water. You look up, and see the sky lightening, as the sun begins to rise. You raide yourself to your knees, and look around, confused. The well is right behind you, and a few townspeople are meandering about, but your horse is nowhere to be seen. You stand, and a cold wind blows across your face, chilling your wet hair. You realize that your helm is off, and nowhere to be seen. How do you proceed?

>Take your frustrations out on the well.
>Take your frustrations out on one of the passerby.
>Politely ask for help.
>Demand assistance.
>Write-in.
>>
>>948877
Demand assistance. Tried to help the sub humans out, and now we're in another goddamn parallel universe or some shit. It's the least they can do.
>>
>>948952
You shout at one of the peasants, but she don't seem to hear you. You frown, and shout at a different peasant, but that one ignores you, too. You walk over and shove the peasant, but your hands pass straight through him. You backpedal, glance around, and see the stupid peasant sprinting away as fast as he can. You notice that his clothes seem a little darker than the other peasants, despite all of them wearing the same tan-colored hides before you fell into the well. How do you proceed?

>Snatch an ethereal pitchfork from one of the passerby, and hurl it like a javelin.
>Chase that fucker down. He seems faster than you, but your endurance is probably better than his.
>Write-in.
>>
>>949015
>Snatch an ethereal pitchfork from one of the passerby, and hurl it like a javelin.
>Chase that fucker down. He seems faster than you, but your endurance is probably better than his.
Why not both?
Hurl the Pitchfork and run after him.
>>
>>949053
If you take the time to get a pitchfork and throw it, the dipshit will have too big of a lead on you, and you'll lose sight of him.
>>
>>949154
Alright, better to keep track of him then.
>>
>>949422
You give chase, sprinting after the stupid peasant. You accidentally bump into a few of the ethereal villagers, and they feel real enough. You stop for a moment, probe at one, and again, your hand passes clean through. You grumble, making your own assumptions, and return to sprinting.

Just as expected, the idiot stumbles several moments later, and collapses, his chest heaving. He doesn't even attempt to get up, and you put your boot on his back. How do you proceed?

>Curb stomp his head.
>Rough him up again.
>Ask for his name, and attempt to make amends.
>Ask him if he knows anything about what's going on.
>Write-in.
>>
>>949457
>Ask him if he knows anything about what's going on.
>And why he took my stuff.
>>
>>949656
"I didn't mean it, whatever I said!" The man takes a second to breath. "I'm sorry, sir, I wasn't, hah... I wasn't thinking!" The peasant panickedly tries to defend himself. After he finishes yammering, you ask your questions, and he shakes his head.
"I... I ain't got no idea where we are, mister. This ain't home, and these ain't the people from my home. I ain't seen not one of these people in, in... In a real long time. That well always was creepy, but, I didn't know..." You stomp on the peasant's back, and he squawks like a bird. "I, I took your pointy thing because I, uh... I... dropped something into the well." The peasant is obviously lying, but you're more upset about him calling your holy weapon a 'pointy thing'. Correct him.

>A sword.
>A lance.
>Some other pointy thing.
>>
>>949817
>>Some other pointy thing.
It's a Holy Trident, knave. now I'll ask again.
Why did you take my stuff and where is my horse?
>>
>>949873
"I... mistook it for my pitchfork. And I don't know where your horse is. I know just as much as you do, man. Can I go now? I want to go see if my house is where my house should be."

>"No fuck you, help me find out what's going on."
>"No fuck you, help me get back to my horse."
>"No fuck you, help me find my trident."
>"No fuck you, (something else)."
>>
>>949924
Your resistance indicates your guilt. I will not be taken for a fool.
>>"No fuck you, help me find out what's going on."
>>"No fuck you, help me get back to my horse."
>>"No fuck you, help me find my trident."
Then if you're faithful in these tasks, I'll help you find your home.
>Use his shirt to bind his hands behind his back. and drag him along if he tries to resist.
>>
>>949947
The peasant does resist. You bounce his head off of the ground, then bind him while he's dazed, and drag him back to the well. You sit down beside it, and think about what to do next.

>Try going back through the well.
>Leave the town completely, and check out the forest.
>Look around for your trident.
>Write-in.
>>
>>950050
>>949947
Disregard last post, writing something else.
>>
"I don't know where your horse is! Or your pitchfork! Let me g-" You knock him over the head, and bind him up with his shirt whole he's dazed. A few moments later, he comes to his senses, and you prop him up against a nearby building. You look around, and something catches your eye. A glimpse of silver, far off in the distance, in the forest. Maybe it's your trident?

>Send the dimwit over to look at it, threaten to kill him if he runs.
>Go scope it out yourself.
>Write-in.
>>
>>950163
>We both go check it out.
C'mon, if you're innocent then prove it by helping me.
>>
>>950194
"I... Brrh. Fine." You heft the bound simpleton, then walk to the edge of the forest. You set him down in front of you, and start to unbind him, when your trident flies out of the forest, and sprouts from the villager's chest. A dark cloud starts to seep from the roots of the trees. All of the trees.

>Run away.
>Grab your trident, and prepare yourself.
>Write-in.
>>
>>950254
>Grab your trident, and prepare yourself.
>>
>>950294
You let the body fall, then pull your trident free, and hold it out threateningly. The dark mist starts to coalesce into a human shape.

>Throw the trident, and risk losing it.
>Charge, and spear that fucker.
>Flee.
>Wait.
>Write-in.
>>
>>950326
>Wait
He's already done me two favors, I'll hear him out.
>>
>>950414
The darkness continues to solidify. Several moments later, the figure has a clear shape. The figure is you, completely naked except for your helmet, and as black as night. The figure takes a hesitant step forward, and its mouth moves as if speaking, but the voice comes out on a delay.
"Give me back my trident, you... you horse fucker."

>"Go fuck yourself."
>"What are you going to give me for it?"
>Throw the trident.
>Write-in.
>>
>>950482
>Walk back to the village.
If he wants it bad enough he'll follow.
Pause for a minute and check on the villager.
If he's still alive, ask his name and any other info about his home so you can deliver a dying message to his family.
>>
>>950543
You kneel, and lightly tap the villager's chest wound, to see if he's alive. He wheezes, coughing blood into your eyes, and clutches your hands, so that you can't clear them. He tells you where he lives, and to take care of his wife, before expiring. You move to wipe your eyes. The figure doesn't take kindly to being ignored, and starts slowly walking towards you. Its legs move discordantly, as if it doesn't really know how to use them, but it's still moving rather quickly. You hear it approaching, but the idiot's blood is still in your eyes.

>Finish wiping the blood out of your eyes.
>Risk fighting blind.
>Blindly sprint back into town.
>Try to talk your way out of it.
>Write-in.
>>
>>950590
>wheel around to hold the figure at bay with your trident as you back up and wipe your eyes with your off-hand.
>>
>>950650
The trident is too heavy to hold steady with one hand. It dips, and shakes, and the figure sees your moment of weakness. You backpedal, and see a faint glow surrounding you. The figure stops, and when you can see, you see a sight to behold. Every one of the ethereal villagers nearby are brandishing makeshift weapons, forming a protective semi-circle just outside of the forest. The creature skids to a halt. The villagers stand perfectly still, and the creature stands perfectly still. Neither side wants to leave their territory. As you back up, you spy, out of the corner of your eye, a solid figure standing on the porch of an odd building. The building, made entirely out of wood, no stone in sight, doesn't even have a solid door. It has two bat-wings, that are now flapping. The figure retreated while you were looking at the building.
>Forget him, focus on the shadow man.
>Go check it out.
>Do something else.
>>
>>950765
>>Go check it out.
the bat building I mean.
>>
>>951117
((Just to clarify, I'm a retard and by bat-wing doors I meant old saloon doors. I'm not the best at describing things.))

You leave the villagers to fend off the shadow man, and step into the building. The man, who you now see to be dressed rather strangely, looks out the window, and mumbles to himself, "He is pissed." He turns to look over at you, and frowns. "What'd you do to him?"

>"Nothing."
>"Nothing. He stole my trident."
>"Who are you, and why are you dressed that way?"
>"What is this place?"
>Write-in.
>>
>>951146
He ain't the one asking questions, intimidate him a bit with the trident. Tell him to tell us everything he knows about the well and this place.
>>
>>951146
>>"Nothing. He stole my trident."
>>"Who are you, and why are you dressed that way?"
>>"What is this place?"
>>
>>951177
>>951223
You prod at the strange man with your trident, then ask your questions. Undeterred by your threats, the man gently pushes your trident out of the way, and walks past you, over to the bar on the other side of the room. He talks as he walks. "I'm Mac. No family name, no coat of arms, nothing. My name is Mac. And this-" Mac gestures towards the rest of the room as he reaches the bar. "-is my tavern, or whatever you want to call it." Mac walks around behind the bar, and hops up onto a bar stool. He rests his elbows on the bar, and glares at you. "And, seeing as how I'm your only friend in this place, threatening me wasn't a good idea. But, I'm willing to let it slide, if you answer some of my questions."
>"Fuck you, I don't have to answer anything."
>"You ask the questions, and I'll decide if I want to answer them."
>Write-in.
>>
>>951291
>You ask the questions, I'll decide if I want to answer them.
>>
>>951299
"What's your name? Also, are you a man or a woman? I honestly can't tell. Your hair's kinda long, your face is kinda masculine, and you carry yourself like a man, but I dunno. There's a word for how you look, I just can't remember it. And, lastly, why do you look so much like that shadow thing? Is it just a coincidence?"
>>
>>951395
I am a polytransapient quantumsexual purple werebadja. Check your pronouns cis scum.
Just jesting, m'name's Dan. I'm a dandy man.
I want to know why that shadow thing looks so much like me. And why it took my trident and helmet, called me a horsefucker and tried to kill me.
I also want to know what happened to my horse.
>>
>>951475
this
>>
>>951475
"Uh-huh. Nice to meet you, Dan Your horsearch is probably top-side, and.. I don'the know why he took your stuff. It's never done that to anone else.." Mac's attention is suddenly drawn elsewhere. He stretches to look over your shoulder, and winces slightly as a white shape flies past the window, and takes out a chunk of the railing on the porch. "That's not good. You ought to go check that out, and come back if you survive," The bartender says, pointing at the window. Turning and looking out, you see the outline of one of the ghosts, lying limp in the mangled railing. The outline dissolves, and the ghosts fade away. A triumphant laugh reaches your ears. Mac hunkers down behind the bar, pretending to have dropped something.

>Go check it out.
>Get behind the bar with Mac.
>Yell at the shadow man to go away.
>Write-in.
>>
>>951528
>Ask Dan for a bottle of strong spirits, a rag, and something to light it with
>Go check it out
Let's see if the shadowy bastard would like a cocktail, eh?
>>
>>951568
>Dan
I meant Mack.
>>
Closing up shop for the night, gonna beat my meat and go to sleep. I'll check back in tomorrow.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.