[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fantasy Apocalypse Quest (pt2)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 370
Thread images: 31

File: FAQ.jpg (3MB, 3136x2023px) Image search: [Google]
FAQ.jpg
3MB, 3136x2023px
Old thread: >>68117
http://pastebin.com/T6ntkRnS

Summary:
"Aiight niggas listen up. Its yo' boy Ebony here. We gon' wrap this up real quick, freestylin my nigga."
>You wake up
>Zombies. Slimy niggas, comin' at ya
>Grab your trusty staff
>(Thas me, Ebony. Real OG gangsta)
>Melt those mouthafuckas
>Head for the road, get cold
>Find a farm, a barn, a well
>Lil girl try to fuck you up
>Fuck her up
>Give 'er mercy (fuckin' pussy)
>She joins up
>You go huntin'. Frontin' (like you know shit 'bout hunting, cunt)
>Your bitch-ass can't even kill bambi
>Lucky your boy Ebony's handy
>Drown 'em, cut 'em, gut 'em
>Head back, slimy niggas crowdin'
>Start shoutin'
>Grab the bitches, can't leave without 'em
>Run out back; collapse.
>Some old nigga find you
>I woulda killed, but he nice, he healed you
>Learn 'bout some curse on the land
>Mages and immortality. Same 'ol. Same 'ol.
>He show you his senpai
>They dead, nigga.
>Cannibal niggas come through, talkin' bout doing it quick
>You say you want 'em alive
>Nigga WHY?
>Nigga you such a pussy, you should start suckin' dick
>Anyway. I put 'em to sleep.
>Some die. Ho-hum, like I give a fuck.
>Loot 'em, bind 'em, leave 'em
>Old man starts trippin', talkin' 'bout "No magic in this house"
>And you, like a bitch-ass, agree to leave.
>You want some cheese nigga? Fuckin' mouse.
>Old nigga teaches you some shit. Botany, butchery.
>Can't teach the bitch outya tho.
>Work through the night
>Head out in the mornin'
>Where'd the tied-up niggas go?
>Anyway, tired as fuck
>Some knight-nigga find you
>He french as fuck
>You rest at his crib
>He a templar or some shit
>You wanna see his face (nigga you gay)
>He show you, purple eyes
>He wuz keengs an shit
>Checks if you mage or not
>You not. He cool. He lit.
>And here we are mah nigga.
>Now you all caught up.

Regarding the summary: I'm sorry, I couldn't resist :^)
>>
>>94435
Opie needs to hurry his ass up.
>>
>>91925
>>91699
>"Ay am called, Arnaut Ambant Perre Rostan Labertz of the Ordre du Templier. 'Oo may call me Sir Arnaut.

"Ay 'av my own quest paisang. I must find the one 'oo 'as wrought thees curse and bring them to joostice...with my blade. Ay 'am sorry boot I cannot traveel with 'oo. I cannot lead an enfant and a paisang eento danjay mortaal.

Boot. 'oo may stay 'ere as long as you weesh. I 'av plenty of food. Speaking of which. Pardon moi, paisang."
He brushes past you. He takes out a piece of chalk. He draws a circle on the floor, with a pentagram in the middle. He whispers something. A deep baritone note sounds. G, you think -- or maybe F sharp. Bread and some fish, materialize in the center of the floor.
"Oui. I know what 'oo are thinking paisang. Black mageek! Boot, eet ees a leetle known fact that all Templars know of the black art. Eet is necessary to know the enemee as oneself. An' to fight the beest, some part of you must become the beest. Eet ees the creed we live by, the eeternal law."

You:
>Ask Sir Arnaut some questions (what questions?)
>Just relax for a while
>Craft/make something (what?)
>Head into the forest to hunt
>Explore the farmhouse
>Other (write-in)

>Status
You're feeling great (+1)
>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Animal Processing (Novice)

>Inventory
Magic Staff
Canteen with Water(x2)
Skinning Knife
Bone Leather-working Tools
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword
27 gp

>Equipment
Orc-skin Tunic - A, green, full-body robe made of the skin of Orcs. Disgusting, but surprisingly warm
Wool Hat - A thick wool hat. Itchy but keeps your head moderately warm.
Leather Boots - Thick leather boots. Waterproof and cold proof.
Steel Gauntlets - Gauntlets of beaten steel. Somewhat heavy, but offers great protection

>Girl's Inventory
Iron Short Sword
Crossbow (1 bolt)
Scraps of Doe Pelt (x2)
Full Waterskin

Roll 1d20, highest will be chosen
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>94547
>>Head into the forest to hunt
>>
>>94547
Explain to him that following him wouldn't put us in any more danger than us staying here. Tell him about our past exploits. Feed loli and doggo while doing this.
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>94569
I keep forgetting my goddamn rolls.
>>
>>94547
Are you ever going to do loli's equipment page, Opie?
>>
>>94569
"Boot 'oo are wrong paisang. My path leads to certang danjay. But 'ere the danjay ees uncertang. Besides, 'oo 'ood only get een the way, paisang. 'oo are not trained to fight evil as ay am, despite 'oor exploits. And 'oo 'av the enfant to look after. I can at least take 'oo back to the road. Ay am 'eding that way myself. But non. Eet ees better eef we go separate ways after. I weel be leaving in three days.
And now, paisang, I 'av some errands. I weel return before nightfall. Stay 'ere and relax. Oh...and do not, whatever 'oo do, go in the basemeng. "

And with that, Sir Arnaut leaves the house. You watch him mount his horse from the window and gallop away.

You:
>Just relax for a while
>Craft/make something (what?)
>Head into the forest to hunt
>Head to the basement
>Explore the surrounding area
>Other (write-in)

>Status
>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)

>Inventory
Magic Staff
Canteen with Water(x2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword
27 gp

>Equipment
Orc-skin Tunic - A, green, full-body robe made of the skin of Orcs. Disgusting, but surprisingly warm
Steel Gauntlets - Gauntlets of beaten steel. Somewhat heavy, but offers great protection

>Dolores' Inventory
Iron Short Sword
Crossbow (1 bolt)
Scraps of Doe Pelt (x2)
Full Waterskin

>Dolores' Equipment
Cloth Dress - A simple white dress which comes down to the knees. It has patterns of flowers along the waist
Cloth Shoes - Cloth wrapped and padded into a shoe shape. Offers a little more protection and warmth than some thick socks.
Cloth Bonnet - A white bonnet which covers down to the ears. Somewhat warm, but offers no protection against water or weapons.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>94753
Into the basement we go. Make sure to take doggo and Ebony with us.
>>
>>94753
Oh, and did frenchie miss the part about how ke knocked out and nearly killed a field full of cannibal Bandits? I'm fairly certain we can take a few zombies or demons.
>>
>>94803
*we
Fuck me, I need to type slower.
>>
>>94803
No, but he didn't seem impressed. He either doesn't believe you or, more likely, his enemies are a lot tougher and scarier than some cannibal humans.
>>
>>94836
The staff said he could have killed them all easily. Frenchie is starting to piss me off.
>>
>>94836
Opie, you gonna give us an update?
>>
>>95102
(was waiting for some more input, but what the hell, might as well keep going)

>>94766
You whistle and your dog scampers to your side. You head downstairs to the basement.
There is a wooden door. A padlock secures it. The smell of brimstone is strong in this place. A strange heat fills it.

You:
>Pick the lock
>Blast the lock with your staff
>Kick the door down
>Head back upstairs
>Other (write-in)

>Status
>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)

>Inventory
Magic Staff
Canteen with Water(x2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword
27 gp

>Equipment

>Dolores' Inventory
Iron Short Sword
Crossbow (1 bolt)
Scraps of Doe Pelt (x2)
Full Waterskin

>Dolores' Equipment
Cloth Dress - A simple white dress which comes down to the knees. It has patterns of flowers along the waist
Cloth Shoes - Cloth wrapped and padded into a shoe shape. Offers a little more protection and warmth than some thick socks.
Cloth Bonnet - A white bonnet which covers down to the ears. Somewhat warm, but offers no protection against water or weapons.
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>95144
Ask the staff if it could take down a demon or two. If it answers yes Kick the door the fuck down.
>>
>>95168
"Demons? Nigga I don't fuck wit no demons. Thas kings of black magic an' shit. Nigga I don't fuck wit that shit. You on yo' own nigga."

You:
>Pick the lock
>Blast the lock with your staff
>Kick the door down
>Head back upstairs
>Other (write-in)

>Status
>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)

>Inventory
Magic Staff
Canteen with Water(x2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword
27 gp

>Equipment

>Dolores' Inventory
Iron Short Sword
Crossbow (1 bolt)
Scraps of Doe Pelt (x2)
Full Waterskin

>Dolores' Equipment
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>95216
Oh awesome I got here before someone could kill us in the basement.

I had an idea- we should teach the loli how to use her crossbow better. Go back upstairs and give her some lessons on shooting the crossbow, then show her how to make crossbow bolts and leave her to do that while we go hunting.

She probably won't be very good at it at first but she can get in some practice now while we're safe.
>>
>>95265
I assume eating can be done somewhere around there.
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>95216
Call our staff a "Pussy ass nigga" and go practice with our new bow upstairs.
>>
>>95216
Hey OPie, you forgot Dolores' oversized orcskin tunic.

I wonder if we could make that into a dress...
>>
>>95265

This. We have plenty of food, water and we're sheltered so training should be a bigger priority. I say teach her how to use her crossbow, and while she learns to shoot, create more bolts.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>95427

Might as well roll as well.
>>
>>95433
Thanks anon.
>>
By the way, public service announcement in case someone's forgotten, it's mother's day.
>>
>>95439
I still want to insult the staff.
>>
Loli's equipment made me consider something. Not really sure how she carries that short sword, but if she's stuck with it she might carry it on the back like one would carry a large sword. That should give her more mobility.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>95461
Re-rolling to train the loli, and insult the staff.
>>
>>95516
fug :DD
>>
>>95472
I think she's carrying it in that pack we made her. We should ask OPie.
>>
File: Bears.jpg (34KB, 492x330px) Image search: [Google]
Bears.jpg
34KB, 492x330px
>>95265
You go back upstairs. You go to teach Dolores how to use the crossbow. She is making something when you come in. She hides it.

Dolores actually knows more about the crossbow than you do. You show her how to whittle bolts from dead branches. To be careful that her thumb is not nicked by the blade. She takes to it easily. You leave to make some bolts.

You grab your bow and your staff and head out into the woods to hunt. You wander the woods for a few hours, gathering edible plants and mushrooms as the old man showed you.

You find a small cave. In it, a mother bear sleeps with its cubs.

You:
>Carefully leave, and continue searching for game
>Blast the bear(s) with your staff
>Other (write-in)

>Status
You are tired. Your bag is full.
>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)

>Inventory
Magic Staff
Canteen with Water(x2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword
27 gp
Assorted Mushrooms and Herbs (x2)

>Equipment

>Dolores' Inventory
Iron Short Sword
Crossbow (1 bolt)
Scraps of Doe Pelt (x2)
Full Waterskin

>Dolores' Equipment

>>95472
This: >>95547

Also I decided to make Dolores a little younger since my conception of her has been younger to begin with. It doesn't affect anything I state earlier about what she can carry etc. She is now 8 years old.
>>
>>95582
*you leave her to make some bolts
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>95582
>Carefully leave, and continue searching for game
>>
>>95582
You forgot the orcskin again.
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>95582
Fuck those bears up with our staff, toss the gold since it's basically useless, skin and butcher the cubs, and lastly carry back the meat in the cub skins.
>>
>>95609
oh man

Well if we get them all I hope we can make several trips and take all the meat instead of just the cubs.

Gonna make it rain jerky.
>>
>tfw getting excited about bear pelts
>>
>>95625
We can offer some of it to frenchie since he took us in. We should also make up some bullshit about being honorbound to serve with because he took care of us and loli.
>>
>>95643
*serve with him.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

why not just sneak and use the bow, avoid any injuries and whatnot.
>>
>>95678
I don't know how much you know about bears, but a shortbow isn't going to do shit. These things have been know to survive taking .44 rounds to the head for at least a few hours.
>>
>>95700
This.

We could put a crossbow bolt between the eyes of this bear and I'd be willing to bet she'd still tear our arms off and beat us with them.
>>
>>95609
You brandish your staff. "Nigga again wit this shit? Fine, nigga. Check yo'self nigga. Movebackmovebackmoveback."
You point the staff at the bears. A pin-thin beam of light erupts from the staff. You watch it pierce the skull of the mother bear. Then the beam splits in two and pierces the skulls of the cubs. Blood and brain trickles out from the wounds, ears and nose.
"They dead nigga. Melted they brains and from the insiiide. I's smart like that nigga. No mess. Ya feel me?" You put the staff away.

The bears are indeed dead. You cannot budge even the cubs, so you butcher them where they lie. The darkness of the cave makes it difficult to butcher and skin the animals and you:
>Ruin most of the meat
>Ruin most of the pelt

>Status
You are tired. Your bag is full.
>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)

>Inventory
Magic Staff
Canteen with Water(x1)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword
27 gp

>Equipment

>Dolores' Inventory
Iron Short Sword
Crossbow (1 bolt)
Scraps of Doe Pelt (x2)
Full Waterskin

>Dolores' Equipment

>>95605
Dolores refused to wear this on account of it being "icky" and too large. You also didn't have any room to carry it. So you left it with the old man.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>95749
Can we ask the staff for light?

I kinda want the pelts and the meat.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>95749
Ruin the meat. Frenchie is keeping us supplied with baguettes, cheese, and wine with his black magic.
>>
File: 1391115164735.png (46KB, 321x460px) Image search: [Google]
1391115164735.png
46KB, 321x460px
>>95765
>rolled a 1

This is payback for the double nats isn't it.
>>
>>95773
I think you just got my luck from the last thread.
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>95749

I say ruin the meat. Bears have a fuckton of meat and even "ruined" you can still get enough out of it like the liver/heart and all those good innards alongside whatever meat survived. We should probably make several trips though. Would be a waste to just get what we can carry.
>>
>>95823
Thank you.
>>
We should make Dolores a bear fur cape. She's probably cold.
>>
File: 1352359726076287364.jpg (102KB, 454x601px) Image search: [Google]
1352359726076287364.jpg
102KB, 454x601px
>>95981
This is cute enough for her, right?
>>
>>95993
Looks good to me.
>>
>>95823
It takes you several hours to butcher the carcasses. The skinning knife does well to lift pelts. You have greater difficulty with the meat. You spoil most of the meat. You obtain: Slabs of Bear Flesh (x5), Scraps of Bear Pelt (x10), Full Bear Pelt (x1), Bear Offal (x10).

You:
>Leave the carcasses, meat and pelt and head home
>Leave some of your stuff here (what?) to make room
>Other (write-in)

>Status
You are exhausted. Your bag is full. You are covered in blood and guts.
>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)

>Inventory
Magic Staff
Canteen of Water(x1/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword
27 gp

>Equipment

>Dolores' Inventory
Iron Short Sword
Crossbow (1 bolt)
Scraps of Doe Pelt (x2)
Full Waterskin

>Dolores' Equipment
>>
>>95993

That's actually pretty good. Looking at how she's already trained in using the crossbow and still training, she can hide it under that. Mind you though, we didn't get sewing lessons from the old man. Should ask the frenchie if he knows something but doubt some pompous aristocrat knows how to sew.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>96010
>Ask Ebony if he can levitate all the spoils home.
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>96010
Toss the gold, go back and get Frenchie to help us, and carry portions of the meat in the full bear skin.
>>
>>96028
Frenchie's not home.
>>
>>96028
Nat 20. Fucking nice.
>>96031
He might be by now. If he isn't just wait until he is.
>>
Scavengers might carry off the meat if we leave it, we should take the meat first
>>
>>96047
Is doggo with us? If he is then leave him there to fend off the scavengers for a bit.
>>
>>96064
Yeah where is the dog? That's a good idea.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>96010

Just typed something now but thought of a better idea. Ask Ebony if he can float/make the bear pelts/meat weightless or something. If it's too much of an asspull say so and will post what I wrote the first time. Same dice roll as this.

We also really should ask the frenchie if he knows where to get a horse.
>>
>>96028

Aww shit, nice nat.
>>
>>96028
OPie can we add to this roll that the dog stays to guard our loot while we make trips?
>>
>>96086
This sounds good. Opie if you approve I do.
>>
>>96086

I'd advise against it since he could get attacked. Also I say leave the nat unchanged and let the OP handle the rest
>>
>>96120
He's a dog, he can run away.
>>
>>96120
If the dog can't even guard some loot for a few hours then whats the point in keeping him?
>>
File: Forest.jpg (43KB, 736x460px) Image search: [Google]
Forest.jpg
43KB, 736x460px
>>96028
You toss your purse of gold. You fashion a rudimentary bag from the larger pelt. You put some of the meat in it. It is extremely heavy.

You head home. The sun has set and it is dark. The moon is half-full, but it is a clear sky and there is ample light. You hear grim chanting in the distance, deeper in the woods.

Do you imagine it? No. They are chanting your daughter's name:

>Hilda
>Ethryth
>Eanswynn
>Lola
>Other (write-in)

You:
>Investigate the chanting (leaving the pelt)
>Continue on your way
>Other (write-in)

You:
>Leave the carcasses, meat and pelt and head home
>Leave some of your stuff here (what?) to make room
>Other (write-in)

>Status
You are dead tired. Your bag is full. You are covered in blood and guts. You are carrying a heavy load. You cannot run.
>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)

>Inventory
Magic Staff
Canteen of Water(x1/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword
Pelt filled with Bear Flesh

>Equipment

>Dolores' Inventory
Iron Short Sword
Crossbow (1 bolt)
Scraps of Doe Pelt (x2)
Full Waterskin

>Dolores' Equipment

>>96086
Doge is keeping Dolores company since she hates staying by herself and would've otherwise followed you (she gets scared).
>>
>>96130
He's good at keeping watch and making the loli stop crying and being warm at night when you're cold.

That said I think he'll be fine.
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>96145
>Ethryth

Continue on your way, it's clearly bait.
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>96145
Name: Lolita
Dump the meat and ask the staff for a stamina boost spell.
>>
>>96171
These rolls!
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>96145
>Ethryth

Also I'd say keep going since you're dead tired, but in that situation I'd drop everything and go check it out. Leave the shrooms and sword with the bear pelt to move a bit easier, and douse the rest of the water on Ebony in case shit gets serious.
>>
>>96171
god damn you you're gonna ruin us all!
>>
>>96171
>19

Shit nigger, you're in luck tonight.
>>
>>96194
If we really need to well drop the bear pelt, and blast them with Ebony.
>>
>>96202
I hope you pull this off, anon.
>>
>>96202
*we'll
>>
File: Abomination.jpg (158KB, 1024x723px) Image search: [Google]
Abomination.jpg
158KB, 1024x723px
>>96171
(Will be afk after this post, need to eat)

"Lo-Lee-Ta. Lo-Lee-Ta. Lo-Lee-Ta" You hesitate. The trip of three taps ending at the teeth. That is your daughter's name. There can be no doubt. But...why here? You drop the pelt sack. You will Ebony to invigorate you. He "politely" informs you that he needs water. You give him the last of your water.

"Aiight nigga. Hold still."
A green envelope of liquid light spreads over skin and orifice. You feel invincible. You run over to the source of the chanting.

You see dark-robed men circling a hideous abomination of flesh and teeth. It stands 7 feet high, thin and terrible. The men are bowing as they circle around. "Lo-lee-ta. Lo-lee-ta. Lo-lee-ta."

They have not spotted you. You:
>Run away
>Accost these men
>Watch silently
>Other (write-in)

>Status
You feel invincible (+4). Your bag is full. You are covered in blood and guts.
>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)

>Inventory
Magic Staff
Canteen of Water(x1/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword

>Equipment

>Dolores' Inventory
Iron Short Sword
Crossbow (1 bolt)
Scraps of Doe Pelt (x2)
Full Waterskin

>Dolores' Equipment
>>
>>96295
*Canteen of Water(x0/2)
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>96295
Book it. Frenchie is home by now and we need his holy magic to defeat these cultists.
>>
>>96295
Alright guys.
That is a lot of dudes and one abomination, and we're short a dog and all our water.

Should we really fight these guys?
>>
What if their chanting is what's keeping it contained? Are we a good enough shot with our bow to snipe one of them and interupt the incantation?
>>
>>96321
No, but Frenchie should.
>>
>>96338
You're pinning an awful lot of hope on the Frenchman being home. If he's not, and they're done by the time we get back, they could all be loose in the forest.

Furthermore they might be done any second.
>>
>>96353
He said he'd be back by nightfall. If he isn't home then the house has water and is more defensible anyway.
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>96367
Did he?
Hmm.
Yeah okay maybe that is a good idea.

>>96295
Run away back home, don't forget the loot. If the Frenchie's there tell him immediately.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>96295

Ah fuck, don't tell me this is turning into CoC. In any case, silently ask Ebony if he knows what "that" is and if he has anything to kill it. If he can, fry the cultist's brains like you did with the bears to conserve power and wait to see how "that" thing reacts.
>>
>>96385
>>96379
Listen guys, Frenchie want's to stop all of the occult shit, right?
If he learns they have some focus on our daughter he'd surely let us join right?
>>
>>96461
Or he could kill us.
>>
>>96461

Could be. First we need to get him there and see it for himself, try and get rid of it, and after everything's over you can tell him about them calling your daughter's name and all that. Oh and don't forget there's also plenty of meat and furs to still be had in the bear cave as well as our coins.
>>
>>96469
He wouldn't do that because we physically can't be cultists due to us possessing no magic.
>>
>>96492
Yeah but if cultists are chanting our daughter's name, clearly we are more involved in this plot than we realize. What if our daughter's the source somehow?
>>
>>96509
Then we kill her. Simple as that. Evil can't be allowed to fester, no matter the source.
>>
File: ....gif (464KB, 500x338px) Image search: [Google]
....gif
464KB, 500x338px
>>96516
... Bro.
>>
>>96516
Anyway I meant to say what if she 'was' the source. I don't think she's still around.
>>
File: 1282797027480.jpg (39KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
1282797027480.jpg
39KB, 480x600px
>>96516
>>
>>96525
If she's the source then she's probably undead. The spell turned all of the other shit undead so why not her?
>>
>>96532
Yeah I think she turned too, but I don't think we would have left her that way. We probably put her down already.

But back to the point, if the Frenchman finds out we were at ground zero he might suspect, whether or not it's true, that we had something to do with it spreading. I don't want to give that man a reason to want us dead.
>>
>>96553
We literally can't and he knows that. We cause magic to malfunction we have so little of it inside of us. Frenchie is a Noble-Templar and wouldn't just kill us on a theory anyway because if it turned out that we were innocent it would disgrace him.
>>
>>96578
I don't mean that we were part of the ritual, but I suspect that maybe we were part of a party raiding a bunch of wizards and because of something we did, they fucked up and unleashed a zombie apocalypse.
We were the only survivor so no one knows it was our fault, and they all assumed
>wizards

This speculation is getting a bit wild at this point when all I wanted to say is that we might not want to tell the Frenchman they were chanting our daughter's name. We should definately still get him to help.
>>
>>96553
We also could have been wounded in the battle. If so they would have carried us out to a safe location. Maybe we were in a coma and woke up due to the presence of black magic. It would explain the lack of memory.
>>
>>96608
We should hold it until the time is right, but that monster could be a direct avatar of our daughter if she is undead or some form of magical entity, such as a lich.
>>
>>96610
It's not mentioned anywhere that we're an amnesiac, I think OPie is just choosing to remember things at his own pace for storytelling reasons.
>>
>>96633
Well surely we would remember all of this beginning, and wouldn't have asked the old man what happened if we had our memory.
>>
File: 1301561150437.jpg (5KB, 158x152px) Image search: [Google]
1301561150437.jpg
5KB, 158x152px
Alright first of all, it has already been stated that we've seen our daughter both dead and resurrected so she is definitely already an undead. Weather she was put down already or if the abomination could be her that is what we don't know but she was already turned.

Also >>96516
>Then we kill her
>>
>>96645
We would have if we wanted to know what the outside world thought about the apocalypse, to see if they suspected a party of adventurers.
>>
>>96647
If we kill her and she's the source it should stop the entire invasion. Besides we don't want our daughter walking around as a rotting corpse. She deserves a respectful rest.
>>
>>96659
I think this is a decision best left for when it happens. The moral dilemma is part of the fun and I for one am hype.

>>96647
paladins gonna paladin
>>
>>96658
If we knew, then why hadn't we fortified our base?
The zombies entered through a window. There would have been traps in place as well, yes?
>>
>>96685
We were probably still on the run and stopped to rest.
>>
>>96659

You, as the father that keeps seeing his daughter in the loli you adopted simply dispatching something that might still be your daughter just like that feels like bad writing.
>>
>>96694
Then why did we have so much of our shit there? Rations and water, plus about five other options for supplies, and our staff. Surely we'd need a pack animal to transport it.
>>
>>96705
She could be a half rotted, maggot ridden corpse that needs to be put to rest. Is wanting to put a loved one to rest bad writing?
>>
>>96706
I think those options were hypothetical. Like our daughter can't have five names. OPie was giving us options that weren't all there at once.

And as for how we came to be in the wilderness with nothing, maybe we were captured by the wizards at one point and we had to escape without our equipment.
>>
>>96705
No, I think we'll probably have to kill her too, but that doesn't mean we won't have an emotional struggle about it first.
>>
>>96721
He said we only had time to grab one thing. This implies that there was more than one supply item we could have retrieved.
>>
>>96727
Oh, true.
Well, OPs make mistakes. We'll find out eventually.
>>
>>96295
we end them
ebony slay them (also op he can shapshit)
"The wood warps in your grip and a wooden mouth emerges from the oak" second from first thread
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

silly me no roll
>>
>>96753
OP said Ebony can't shapeshift.
>>
>>96766
i suppose OP is god
such as DM is god
>>
>>96753
Don't try to tell Opie what magical things in his story can do. Stick to telling him what crossbows do.
>>
>>96777
Heh
>>
>>96777
nice trips
and hue
>>
>>96725

Oh I agree. I meant the swiftness to which it was implied. A zombie loli daughter that regained her senses would be asking too much. Heh.
>>
>leave for 1 hour
>50+ posts
You shall not go wanting anons! OP(ie) will deliver!

Couple things:
>>96753
That's basically the extent of its shape-shifting powers.

>>96706
>>96721
Actually there only a 4 options:
>A bag full of rations and a canteen of water
>A map of the surrounding area you were working on last night
>A Bottle of Teleportation Pills (suppositories)
>A canteen of really really, like ridiculously good, aged-to-perfection, wine

And as you can see, none of them are particularly encumbering.

>>96385
I assume CoC = Call of Cthulu? If so, nah. This isn't that type of quest.

Update imminent
>>
>>96843
If it wasn't home then why were we carrying wine with us? Getting drunk is the last thing we want.
>>
>>96843

Noice!
>>
>>96865

Mate, good wine is a valued possession. In fact, you wouldn't even drink such a high quality wine in one go.
>>
>>96879
It's the apocalypse. We don't need wine and survivors wouldn't trade for it.
>>
>>96888

Are you kidding me? Money I can understand, but good alcohol is the best bartering tool during an apocalyptic scenario.
>>
>>96915
Wine isn't really good as an antiseptic as a stouter alcohol would be, but I suppose it could be used. Getting drunk is almost certain death. So it does have some inherent value, but a stronger drink like vodka would be worth much more.
>>
>>96935

You're thinking of it from a useful perspective mate, that's the problem, think of it as a vice. To anyone, and even yourself if you enjoy your wine, good quality wine will be in short supply. And hell it'll be the same for any alcohol. Good quality alcohol will be hard to produce under such conditions, hence it would be a valuable trading commodity. Same for tobacco as well but we don't have any of that.
>>
>>96979
dude that water saved us though
(unless ebony likes wine)
((but i don't think we want a drunk nigger staff of immense power ))
>>
>>96979
I guess, but it still seems like an odd thing to fill our bags with when we could have had more water.
>>
>>96995
He's not saying it would be useful, he's saying people would probably kill for anything that would take the edge off of such a stressful life.
>>
>>97018
fair
>>
>>97018
Makes sense.
>>96843
Opie wheres that update?
>>
>>97049
He must consume his weight in food so as to have the energy to quest for days without rest.
>>
>>97105

Heh.
>>
>>97105
Are you calling Opie fat, anon?
>>
>>97118
He can be any size he wants as long as he sticks with this story until the end.
>>
File: Blood.png (105KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Blood.png
105KB, 600x400px
>>96379
You leave this place. You run back to the pelt sack. It is still heavy, but your limbs feel light. You can still hear the chanting behind you. You emerge from the woods. Sir Arnaut is standing outside the farmhouse. His armor shines in the moonlight. He spots you and hails you.
"Paisang! What were 'oo doing in the 'oods? Ah...'unting I see. Impressive paisant, you choose your game well!

Ah, but there ees something afoot in those 'oods. I can feel eet! What? 'oo saw something? Cultists! Mes dieux dans le ciel! Do you remember where? 'oo must show me paisang. We must smite these 'ethens!"

He runs to get his horse. You drag the pelt into the house. Dolores is playing with the dog. She screams at your appearance. You ignore her. You dunk Ebony into the bucket of water in the kitchen (for washing dishes). Then you run outside. Sir Arnaut rears his horse in front of you and offers you hand. You take it. With surprising strength he pulls you up onto the horse and you ride into the forest. He brandishes his sword and it glows bright red in the darkness. A terrible force emanates from the blade.
"Oui paisang. I can feel them. They arr near!"
You hear the chanting. Louder and louder. Much louder than before. Much faster.

"LO-LEE-TA. LO-LEE-TA. LO-LEE-TA. LO-LEE-TA. LOLEETALOLEETALOLEETA!"

"What is it that they chant paisang? Hahaha! HAHAHA! My blade shall taste 'eathen blud toniiiight!" His sword is now a deep black and red, the color of burning coals and hellfire.

And then you are among them, all at once. Sir Arnaut gives you the reigns and jumps off of the horse, flipping through the air and landing on the head of one of the chanters. Smashing it against the ground. The other chanters break off. You continue riding past them, fumble for the reins, then halt the horse.

The abomination screams, shattering the still.
"Come 'ethens! Arnaut's blade must be quenched! HahahhaaaHAHAHAAAA!" You watch as Arnaut savagely mutilates two of the hooded men, splitting one from groin to chin with his sword and ripping the other's arm off with his bare hand. Blood and guts spatter on his shining armor. He laughs.

The hooded men scatter into the forest.

Meanwhile the abomination reaches back a long limb and swipes at Sir Arnaut from behind, you:
>Do nothing and just watch
>Give chase to the fleeing men
>Attract the attention of the abomination by shooting an arrow at it
>Blast the abomination with your staff
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>97130
2/2

>Status
You feel invincible (+4). Your bag is full. You are covered in blood and guts. Adrenaline courses through your body.
>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)

>Inventory
Magic Staff
Canteen of Water(x0/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword

>Equipment

>Dolores' Inventory
Iron Short Sword
Crossbow (1 bolt)
Scraps of Doe Pelt (x2)
Full Waterskin

>Dolores' Equipment
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>97124
That a lie. We all know that Opie is a gorgeous blond haired blue eyed supermodel.
>>97130
Let's blast that giant shoggoth-esq heap with everything ebony can do,without killing Frenchie of course.
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>97130
>She screams at your appearance.
FARM GIRL, op, come on, she's probably seen butcherings.

Blast that nigga with your staff.

We could let him die and have his horse, but god damn this guy is good in a fight.
>>
>>97158
Good roll, anon.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>97130

If that was really made from the remains of your daughter we might need to smite it now while we don't know anything about it. I say use Ebony on it.
>>
>>97158
I think Opie meant that we were covered with blood. She didn't know what it was from at first.
>>
>>97158
By 'that nigga' I mean the abomination.
>>
>>97194

From the rest of the sentence I can assume so. From what I can tell the rolls were all for the same thing so far. Only a nat can change anything anymore.
>>
>>97158
You brandish Ebony. "AHHHHH. Nigga what fuck is that shit? Nigga thas a demon! Nigga you know I don't fuck wit no demons! I can't work on no demons NIGGAAAAA. Thas black magic shit nukya! AHHHH. AHHHH."

Ebony refuses to do anything (or calm down). The long limb is now coming down. You see everything in slow motion. You:
>Force your will upon the staff anyway
>Use your bow to attract the creatures attention
>Call out to Sir Arnaut to warn him
>Leave the creature and give chase to the fleeing men
>Other (write-in)

(I'm temporarily suspending the inventory to speed up the posts, look at the previous post to see the current inventory)
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>97245
Call out to Arnaut and shoot the monster.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>97245
Scream for Frenchie to roll, and charge the abomination with the horse, sword first.
>>
>>97270
My luck is back. Yay.
>>
>>97270
Shit no, protect the horse at all costs. The horse is our ticket to being able to carry more more than one thing at once.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>97245

Was going to suggest the bow but fuck this shit, get Ebony to straighten the fuck up with some nigger speak you already learned from him and blast the shit out of that thing. Call him a weak ass pussy nigger that can only fight the weakest mobs.
>>
File: 1432513468093.gif (2MB, 229x206px) Image search: [Google]
1432513468093.gif
2MB, 229x206px
>>97362
Aw yes, here we go.
>>
>>97362
Finally, fucking nigger staff needs to be put in its place.
>>
>>97245
Opie, I need this update man.
>>
>>97425

Patience man, he still needs to write it.
>>
>>97487
I know. I'm just hyped for being able to control the niger staff.
>>
>>97362
You bend Ebony to your will. He screams in agony. You push harder. There is something wrong. Your head begins to ache. You witness a vision.

A little girl laid on an altar. A man bowed in prayer before her. A soft light on the altar. Tears and lips on her hand.

Your vision snaps back to reality. A bolt of pure white light erupts from the staff, a high pitched note sounds, C or maybe C sharp, completely destroying the head of the staff. You feel a deep power coursing through your blood. The white light disintegrates everything in its path, leaving a cylindrical hole in its place. Half the demon's body is carved out in a neat circle. It falls back. Sir Arnaut freezes. His left leg is gone. Your arm hangs limp by your side, broken. You staff, equally broken, lies in your hand. Sir Arnaut stares at the fallen demon; turns to you.

"'EETHEEEEN! 'OO LIIIIED TO ME! I SHALL 'AV 'OOR TONGUE. I SHALL 'AV 'OOR EYES. ARNAUT SHALL REAP 'OOR SOUL BLACK MAGE! 'OO SHALL DINE IN HELL TONIIIIGHT!"

Then he crawls toward you, blade high.

You:
>Spur the horse to run to the farmhouse
>Reason with Arnaut
>Other (write-in)

>Status
You have a splitting headache. You feel nauseous. You are in incredible pain. Your right arm is broken. You feel dizzy. Adrenaline courses through your blood.

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)

>Inventory
Magic Staff (Broken)
Canteen of Water(x0/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword

>Equipment

>Dolores' Inventory
Iron Short Sword
Crossbow (1 bolt)
Scraps of Doe Pelt (x2)
Full Waterskin

>Dolores' Equipment
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>97512
Tell him that the staff was sentient, and we overrode its will with our own. Explain that we couldn't have actually cast that spell because of our severe lack of magic ability.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>97512

Shit's getting real! Shout at him to calm the fuck down since you already explained how the staff works. You're both severely wounded and need treatment asap.

Also fuck, hope I didn't kill Ebony with that.
>>
>>97539
Oh fuck, it really is back.
>>
>>97547
Are we a real nigga yet?
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>97512
You guys.
I think we might actually be a mage.

We're gonna have to kill the templar.

>Reason with him
We need to get his helmet off so we can kill him.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>97625
No! Fuck off.
>>97547
Rolling for this.
>>
File: 1363379939868.jpg (64KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1363379939868.jpg
64KB, 400x400px
I'm gonna be maximum upset if Ebony's dead.
>>
>>97640
FUCK.
>>97647
I'm going to be maximum upset if your stupid ass get one of our useful companions killed.
>>
>>97668
Come on man, how useful is he gonna be with one leg? And if we're actually a mage he's not going to work with us.

Also my roll was to reason with him, killing him isn't set in stone yet.
>>
>>97625

"LIAR! MERDE! BRULE EN ENFER! BURLE EN ENFERRRRR! THAT WAS NO MAGES SPELL. THAT WAS THE 'IGHEST BLACK MAGEEK." He crawls forward, spitting blood as he goes. His leg is bleeding out.
"DEEVINE MAGEEK! DEEVINE MAGEEK! Ah mes dieux en ciel! Pardonnez-nous. Pardonnez-nous pecheurs. 'Oo weel come to joostice, black mage...Ordre du Templier...they shall...'oo shall...I swear eet." He grips at the dirt and crawls forward. Now silent. A trail of blood behind him. His sword falls limp onto the grass.

You:
>Leave Sir Arnaut and head back to the farmhouse
>Help Sir Arnaut onto the horse and ride back
>Kill Sir Arnaut (with your sword, or your bow)
>Other (write-in)
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>97691
Take his weapons so he can't rape us, and bring him back to the farmhouse.
>>
>>97714
There's the luck I want!
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>97691

Damn it, let's hope Ebony can still fix him up, if he ain't dead that is. I say stop the bleeding the best you can with one arm, then throw him on top of the horse if it's still around. Head home next to it.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>97691
>Help Sir Arnaut onto the horse and ride back
I agree, he's no threat right now and our alignment has mostly been good so far, I don't think we'd kill a dying man in cold blood.
>>
>>97714

Finally. Though I do suggest we stop the bleeding still so he doesn't bleed to death on the way home.
>>
File: 1286005947223.gif (4KB, 406x342px) Image search: [Google]
1286005947223.gif
4KB, 406x342px
>>97691
I feel bad, anons.
>>
>>97749
I was going to suggest we have the horse run, and use strips of washed bear hide to stop the bleeding.
>>
>>97782
We don't have time for any of that.
>>
>>97786
Opie, please include using strips of the cultist robes to stop the bleeding in my roll.
>>
>>97714
You climb down from the horse. You grab Sir Arnaut's sword, it tingles in your hand. You sheathe the sword and strap it to the horse. Then you grab Sir Arnaut and throw him onto the horse. You rip some strips of cloth from the dead bodies and make a tourniquet for Arnaut's leg. You also make a sling for your arm.

You ride hard and fast back to the farmhouse. The pain in your arm subsides into numbness.

You emerge from the woods. You drag Sir Arnaut into the farmhouse. Dolores is not there, neither is your dog. You lay Sir Arnaut in the center of the room. You remove his helmet. He is still breathing.

You:
>Nurse Arnaut (how?)
>Tie up Arnaut
>Dunk your broken staff in water
>Look for Dolores
>Other (write-in)

>Status
You have a splitting headache. You feel nauseous. Your right arm is broken. You feel dizzy. Adrenaline courses through your blood. You are dead tired.

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Black Magic (?)

>Inventory
Magic Staff (Broken)
Canteen of Water(x0/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword

>Equipment

>Dolores' Inventory
Iron Short Sword
Crossbow (1 bolt)
Scraps of Doe Pelt (x2)
Full Waterskin

>Dolores' Equipment
>>
>>97752
We shouldn't feel bad if he does die. He was a paladin. He knew the risks of fighting demons and abominations.
>>97831

Look for our loli and dog. As long as his bleeding has stopped he'll be fine. Call for the dog and loli.

Opie are our herbs medicinal?
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>97854
Oh shit forgot my roll, and check to see if they're in the basement.
>>
>>97854
Yes. You have one which lowers fever and pain when its ground into a paste and applied topically. Another is for poisons, it's eaten whole.
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>97831
Leave the staff in as much water as possible, tie up the knight and then go look for Dolores, with priority on looking for the girl.

If I'm allowed to do all of those things.
>>
>>97831

Can't see why you can't also throw Ebony in the water but alright. For now let's look after the frenchie. Tie up the leg as tight as possible to stop blood flow I guess. Maybe look for some first aid boxes around the house.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>97887

And I forget to roll.
>>
>>97883
You dunk the staff in the bucket of water. Expecting...something. But nothing happens. The water, the staff, the bucket, everything remains the same. You go back and tie up Sir Arnaut. To your surprise his bleeding has already stopped and his breathing is strong and steady.

You go upstairs to look for Dolores. She is sleeping peacefully with her arms around your dog.

You:
>Wake her and the dog and leave this place, taking Sir Arnaut's horse
>Go back downstairs and rest
>Break into the basement
>Other (write-in)

>Status
You have a splitting headache. You feel nauseous. Your right arm is broken. You feel dizzy. Adrenaline courses through your blood. You are dead tired.

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Black Magic (?)

>Inventory
Magic Staff (Broken)
Canteen of Water(x0/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword

>Equipment

>Dolores' Inventory
Iron Short Sword
Crossbow (1 bolt)
Scraps of Doe Pelt (x2)
Full Waterskin

>Dolores' Equipment
>>
I was gone for like two posts and you guys killed our OP nigger, and fucking broke our (soon to be) fuck buddy. what the hell guys
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>97953

We shouldn't break the basement yet. We'll use that as a trump card in case he tries to play the righteous paladin card. I say make sure the ties are secure and try to doze off next to him. When he wakes up he'll probably make some kind of noise and you'll wake up as well.
>>
>>97953
1 Help our knight friend with his wounds
2 but staff of niggerism nest to some wood and see if he will fix himself ( long shot)
3 (attempt to summon some more magic from our fingies)
>>
>>97981

Figured that if the abomination was indeed the resurrected daughter, I wouldn't want some faggy paladin killing her.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>97953
If you think you can make it, go take the horse back out to get the rest of the bear loot while you've still got adrenaline and then: Take the staff and bucket of water up to the little girl's room and sleep in front of her door (on the inside) with all your shit inside.

No one will get in without you knowing and unless the knight can regrow limbs he's not going to be able to ride off with the horse.
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>98004
oppsi poopsi i forgot my roll
>>
>>98012
Forgot to clarify I think we should leave the staff in water overnight.
>>
>>98010
its better then losing our faggy fuck buddy
(plus royalty if we survive this its good to have a king on our side)
>>
>>98020
If you're gonna win this roll you should clarify what the fuck you mean by
>but staff of niggerism nest to some wood and see if he will fix himself ( long shot)

Also if anything fixes him it'll be water.
>>
>>98032

Mate, if you're going to join the thread, only have one request. Do something about that grammar and type with your hands instead of your feet. We'll understand each other better.
>>
>>98049
Well the water did not work ( just the next thing I could think of)
sorry about the "but" my dyslexia must of cropped up. it was meant to be "put".
we should put some wood in the water where he nests. so possibly he can regenerate.
>>
>>98079
What, through osmosis? He's not a shapeshifting staff.

Okay, compromise, let's put some wood in his bucket of water, though I think you're being ridiculous.

While we're at it, let's put some legs next to the knight, maybe that'll help.
>>
>>98086

Wait, don't do that, we don't want him fully healed yet. Heh.
>>
>>98086
We know that
1 He can not shape shift (except to a minor degree)
2 He is for sure a magic staff
3 his magic are limited to "not black magic shit"
4 everything we have asked him to do that is "black magic shit" is conjure something out of nothing. so conjuring is black magic. (ice,map and food)
so knowing that we have to give him a resource to use to fix himself (if he can). that is where the wood comes in.
>>
>>98155
How on earth will he absorb the wood? He's only been shown to know how to absorb water.
>>
>>98155

I for one don't judge your reason, who knows. All we can do is wait for OP.
>>
>>98163
I am thinking he will shape shift around to incorporate it into his body
( I did say it was a long shot)
>>
>>98163

Indeed, shown. Hell if we picked the wine, he might've been too happy to gulp down the entire bottle. It's not like we asked him if he uses anything other than water. Sure hope we can ask him shit again ;_;
>>
>>98164
I am explaining my logic to other people in the thread. it was not to justify it to OP.
OPie is god
you shouldn't question god.
>>
>>98186
Come on, OP, what's the point of scaring us about asking him to do things he doesn't want to if you're not gonna bring him back?
Come on, we're cowed, we won't do it again, promise. ;_;
>>
>>98186
>>98246
>mfwa magic staff is the most popular character in this /qst/

>>98004
>>98020

You check back on Sir Arnaut. He is recovering at an astonishing pace. His leg wound has already sealed and scabbed.

You put some wood in the bucket of water with the staff. Nothing happens. You leave the staff inside.

You try to summon some magic with your hand, but nothing happens.

You:
>Head upstairs and rest, making sure to lock the door
>Spend the night crafting something
>Spend the night downstairs, waiting for Sir Arnaut to awake
>Break into the basement
>Other (write-in)

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Black Magic (?)

>Inventory
Magic Staff (Broken)
Canteen of Water(x0/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword

>Equipment

>Dolores' Inventory
Iron Short Sword
Crossbow (1 bolt)
Scraps of Doe Pelt (x2)
Full Waterskin

>Dolores' Equipment

>>98246
>:)
>>
>>98283
What's our status, OP?
>>
>>98283
I think that the basement is a place to be avoided particularly b/c our OP staff may be kill

Also a dress does slow people down we should find some pants or something less flowy for loli
>>
>>98316
Whoops

>Status
>Status
You have a minor headache. You feel nauseous. Your right arm is broken. You feel dizzy. You are near to fainting from fatigue.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>98283

I still say you should get some sleep, even if your hand is still fucked. Leave it hanging around your neck and sit down with your back against a wall in the same room as the frenchie to try and catch some sleep there. He'll probably panic when waking up waking you as well.
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>98328
we should set our arm before we go to sleep
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>98328
>>98283
Yeah okay, we need to sleep. Splint your arm and bandage it, and then take the bucket with all its shit up into Dolores' room and lock the door before sleeping up against it.

Hope the knight can't regrow legs and if he can he doesn't take off with the horse.
>>
>>98352
this
>>
File: 1314255735719.jpg (20KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1314255735719.jpg
20KB, 250x250px
>>98349
>Dat 19
>>
>>98352
We should have save one of cultists to interrogate now that I think about it.
We could also try to attach a new head to Ebony. The staff may have had a nigger spirit trapped anyway. If the spirit was released into our body the surge of power would make sense.
>>98349
Good idea.
>>
>>98519
are we dead-pool now with a nigger stuck in us?
>>
>>98541
Could be.
>>
>>98352
You gather your things and then set your arm. You collapse onto the bed and enter into a deep sleep. You have a strange dreams. Bright lights dance in your vision and laugh cruelly at you. The events of the night play back in random order. You see the little girl on the altar. Her hand in your hand. Tears. Your chest tightens. A deep voice:
"...THEN A MARK UPON YOU. AND YOU WILL KNOW I AM....THE LORD OF LORDS. LET THE PEOPLE KNOW...I SHALL ENGULF THE WORLD...I SHALL END THE WORLD"
You gasp awake. It is dawn. Dolores and the dog still sleep. Your entire body aches.

You:
>Check on the staff
>Go downstairs to Sir Arnaut
>All of the above
>Other (write-in)

>Status
Your right arm is broken. You have muscle pain. You are hungry. You are thirsty.

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Black Magic (?)

>Inventory
Magic Staff (Broken)
Canteen of Water(x0/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword

>Equipment

>Dolores' Inventory
Iron Short Sword
Crossbow (1 bolt)
Scraps of Doe Pelt (x2)
Full Waterskin

>Dolores' Equipment
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>98565
all the above
(but also have a weapon with just in case knight attacks)
(also refill our water if we can with drinking water)
>>
>>98565
Oh shit it wasn't an accident, it was on purpose.

>>98565
All of the above. Wow, I hope that knight doesn't kill us.
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>98565
Check on the nigger staff and then the knight.
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>98595
forgot my roll
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>98565

Alright so fatigue is gone at least. I say go for the obvious and go check on both the staff and the frenchie. Here's hoping he's still tied.
>>
>>98598
Also tell Griffith to get the fuck out of our dreams.
>>
>>98610
NOTHING WRONG
>>
>>98610
Who? (sorry I don't get the reference ;_;)

>>98595
You reach for the staff. Nothing happens at first. Then...a familiar warping of wood, a mouth twists itself into shape at the bottom. A weak, but familiar voice calls out.
"N...nigga....did...you...fucking...kill me? You...fucking...pussy...ass...pansy...ass...bitch-ass...nukyaaaaa...put me...in the soil...nigga. P...put me..." The voice fades away.

You grab the staff and head downstairs. Sir Arnaut is still asleep and tied up. His wound has completely sealed, leaving only smooth skin. But his leg is gone.

You:
>Plant Ebony outside
>Wake up Arnaut.
>Make and eat breakfast
>Other (write-in)

>Status
Your right arm is broken. You have muscle pain. You are hungry. You are thirsty.

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Black Magic (?)

>Inventory
Magic Staff (Broken)
Canteen of Water(x0/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword

>Equipment

>Dolores' Inventory
Iron Short Sword
Crossbow (1 bolt)
Scraps of Doe Pelt (x2)
Full Waterskin

>Dolores' Equipment
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>98680
PLANT THAT NIGGA NOW
then make food for loli doge and knight ( and us)
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>98680
HE LIIIIIIIIIVESS
PLANT THAT NIGGA LIKE A TREE

Then make breakfast. If our bear loot was gonna get stolen it'd be gone already. We can check it after breakfast.
>>
>>98696
oh and water him
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>98680
Berserk reference. He's a Demon king who likes to be a mysterious dickhead.

Put Ebony in the dirt outside, and then talk to Frenchie.
>>
File: 1404103225718.gif (1MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1404103225718.gif
1MB, 600x338px
>>98705
>>98707
yeah, yeah water that bitch

HE LIIIVES
>>
>>98696
>15
>>98705
>17
>>98710
What the fuck is this bullshit?
>>
File: DIN DO NUFFIN.jpg (250KB, 1463x919px) Image search: [Google]
DIN DO NUFFIN.jpg
250KB, 1463x919px
>>98710
You mean *miracle of the universe, did nothing wrong.
>>
File: Toppest_of_keks.png (249KB, 358x358px) Image search: [Google]
Toppest_of_keks.png
249KB, 358x358px
>>98723
>Getting the great rolls when it doesn't matter
>>
File: 1459924896624.gif (481KB, 495x289px) Image search: [Google]
1459924896624.gif
481KB, 495x289px
>>98718
HUZZA
>>
>>98728
>princess questions nothing
>immediately king
I harbor so much hat for this little faggot.
>>
>>98756
Hate as well as hat.
>>
File: 1357894397299.gif (14KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
1357894397299.gif
14KB, 250x242px
>>98747
Let's never do that again!
>>
File: 1455207523006.jpg (123KB, 600x445px) Image search: [Google]
1455207523006.jpg
123KB, 600x445px
>>98756
>>
>>98802
I could open up a fucking hat emporium.
>>
File: 1331973710519.jpg (17KB, 180x143px) Image search: [Google]
1331973710519.jpg
17KB, 180x143px
>>98804
>>
Well that was fast. Guess there's no need to vote for now. Plant that fucking nigger you bitch ass nigger!
>>
File: image.jpg (450KB, 1159x886px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
450KB, 1159x886px
>>98802
Little, snow haired, girly faggot. I have more hats than he does blood cells.
>>
>>98705
You go outside and plant Ebony onto the soil. When you go back in, Arnaut is awake.
"So...black mage...what now? 'Oor secret is out. Eet was 'oo wasn't it? 'Oo are the one I seek. 'Oo should keel me now, pai - non - black mage. Keel me now, or ay I weel chase 'oo you to the ends of the earth and to the depths of 'ell. Joostice. Joostice, black mage, it comes slowly. But it comes. It shall come to you...you shall find it at the point of my blade." His eyes shine regal purple. His resolve is so absolute even you believe him.

You:
>Kill Sir Arnaut
>Ignore him and make breakfast
>Other (write-in)

>Status

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Black Magic (?)

>Inventory
Magic Staff (Broken)
Canteen of Water(x0/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword

>Equipment

>Dolores' Inventory
Iron Short Sword
Crossbow (1 bolt)
Scraps of Doe Pelt (x2)
Full Waterskin

>Dolores' Equipment
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>98881
Explain to him that we have no idea what's happening, and din du nuffin. Make breakfast in the process.
>>
>>98892
Fuck me sideways, my rolls are shit.
>>
>>98881
(Also this is the last post for tonight. Gotta get up early tomorrow for classes.)
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>98881

Now I'm not that sure if we explained the staff
to him properly.

If so then tell him you already explained how the staff works and all you did was force it to act.

If we never explained it properly explain it now properly and calmly while preparing something to eat and make a point that he already tested you for the presence of magic.
>>
>>98919

Well alright then, off to hit the hay as well. Until tomorrow guys.
>>
File: Why_by_anndr.jpg (186KB, 1600x1128px) Image search: [Google]
Why_by_anndr.jpg
186KB, 1600x1128px
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>98881
... Kill Sir Arnaut.
>>
>>98881
apologize
claim innocence
make breakfast for Loli, Doge, Us, and sir Joostice
>>
>>98937
Ohhhh, the dice don't like that.
But I really think we should kill him.
>>
>>98937
Ayyyy
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>98941
>>
>>98937

You deserved that roll. We don't want the entire templars on our ass later in the quest. Because even if we kill him now they'll find out who did it.
>>
>>98937
Yeah, and rape Casca again while you're at it you little trap looking motherfucker.
>>
>>98955
You heard him, man, he's not gonna stop until we're dead, no matter what we say. We've got enough to worry about without a homicidal templar making our death his mission in life.
Mercy could get us killed and then where would the loli and the dog and the staff be?
>>
File: 1356668494002.jpg (70KB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
1356668494002.jpg
70KB, 1280x544px
>>98961
When he comes back later and kills one of us you're gonna look back on this and wish I'd rolled a 20.
>>
>>98970

Yeah but that's one. Imagine a whole bunch of them on your ass avenging this guy. Not to mention potential assassins since he is a noble so you know they'll hire some.
>>
>>98990
It's the zombie apocalypse, they are all fuckin dead. He's royalty- if there was a single templar still alive they'd be here with him protecting him.
>>
>>98982
STOP TRYING TO KILL MY DREAMS, GRIFFITH!
>>
>>98996

He left by himself searching for glory. And we don't know if the "apocalypse" is that spread. He mentioned coming "here" where shit was going down so it's safe to assume where he came from was pretty normal.
>>
>>98952
>>98921
So OPie what is the rule for ties?
>>
>>99010
Probably you both have to roll again.
>>
>>99010
Re-roll. It's what we did last time.
>>
>>99018
>>99010
But I don't think that's necessary, they're both pretty much the same thing.

You make breakfast while explaining yourself.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>99010
>>99022
although I Don't think I particularly matters in this case b/c our choices are still similar...
>>
I think we should ask Frenchie to give us a second chance because we saved his ass from a demon and bleeding out. Or ask him to do his test again.

If we test positive on his magical HIV test kill him before he can kill us. Thoughts on this?
>>
>>98941
>>98952
>>98921

(Surprise update for being such good anons ;))

"Apologee? Apologee black mage? Non. Your apologees will not bring back the people you 'av keeled. It weel not undo what you 'av wrought. And oui, black mage. Keeling 'oo will not breeng them back eether. Boot, it weel stop thees curse from spreading further."
You go to the kitchen to prepare breakfast.
"Do not lie to me any more, black mage. I saw eet with mine own eyes. The white light of Jore, seigneur des seigneurs, la plus haute dieu. Eet ees deevine mageek, the 'ighest black mageek. No staff can do such mageek. 'Oo 'av done eet black mage, 'oo 'av brought the wrath of god upon us. And what was 'oor reward black mage? Immortalitee? Eeternal youth? You mages are all alike! 'oo transgress the bounds set by the gods and then the rest of us suffer. Mark me black mage. Ay shall be the one to draw life from 'oo. Immortal or no. I sweer eet."
You feed him some of the food. He eats slowly, maintaining eye contact.
"Yet. There ees a theeng which bothers me. My blade found no trace of mageek in you. None at all. Eet ees impossible to hide all of ones mageek. Or so I thought. 'Oo arr cunning black mage -- boot...."
His brow furrows.
"Hmm, boot thees makes no sense. Non. Eet must be 'oo. The light of Jore. Deevine mageek Boot...'e was not lying...I don't understand."
You bring breakfast up to Dolores and tell her to stay in her room. She hugs you tightly and puts a necklace of daises upon your neck. She shows you the bolts she made. They are well formed and sharp. She waits for your approval. You give it readily and a knot forms in your stomach.

You:
>Return downstairs to question Arnaut
>Prepare to leave, leaving Arnaut where he is
>Kill Arnaut and then leave
>Release Arnaut and convince him to join you
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>100643
>Status

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Black Magic (?)

>Inventory
Magic Staff (Broken)
Canteen of Water(x0/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword

>Equipment

>Dolores' Inventory
Iron Short Sword
Crossbow (1 bolt)
Scraps of Doe Pelt (x2)
Full Waterskin

>Dolores' Equipment
>>
>>100649
*>Status
Your right arm is broken. You have muscle pain.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>100643
>Return downstairs to question Arnaut
Perhaps maybe he can still be reasoned with. Regardless, we shouldn't leave an enemy behind if not.

I love you OPie.
>>
>>100649
Wait have we not eaten yet? We need to eat. Also we have to stay at least until nigga staff is back on his nonexistent feet.
>>
>>100649
You forgot to update Dolores' bolts.

We need to go get that bear loot. We should also check out the site of the battle for loot to see what happened to that abomination.

If we have free time later we should make a fur cloak for the loli.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>100643

Alright I say we eat while we question the guy if he knows what that light was since he seems to be quite knowledgeable about it. Tell him your staff blew up when it cast the damn thing while you're at it and that it's now fixing itself outside. Also ask what the fuck is going on with the rest of the land you're in. Zombies, cultists, demons, see if he knows anything about it, but don't let him know you already heard about the mage's spell that went horribly wrong from the old man.
>>
>>101534
In the interest of not appearing vulnerable I wouldn't tell the guy our staff is fixing itself outside.
>>
>>101796

I thought about that, but he ain't exactly peachy either. Missing a leg, tied up and with his sword taken away. It should be fine. Otherwise we risk him saying the staff is fine and dandy and we bullshited him about it being destroyed.
>>
>>101993
Perhaps you're right.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>101534
Do this, but make food for all of us, including Frenchie, while doing it.
>>
>>103071

Think we already fed both Frenchie and the loli. We're the only ones left hungry for now.
>>
>>103077
We want them to carry some food.
>>
>>103102
By food I mean jerky.
>>
>>103102

Well for now we still need to convince Frenchie so I wouldn't hurry with the supplies just yet.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>101534
Just got a better idea. Do this, ask him why the fuck a known black mage would save a templar, and make some more bolts for loli's crossbow.
>>
>>103138
>Dat 9 on both rolls

Heh.
>>
OP skipping today?
>>
>>103671
Updates will be slow until the weekend, as finals are rolling around. I'll try to have at least one update per day though.
>>
>>103702

Neat. Fine with me. Guess I'll just check it a couple of times per day and wait for the weekend.
>>
>>103702
It's alright OP, long stories are cozy.
>>
File: Zombies.jpg (18KB, 229x300px) Image search: [Google]
Zombies.jpg
18KB, 229x300px
>>103071
>>101534
You return downstairs. You prepare some food for yourself and eat. Sir Arnaut calls you. You go to him. You note that his wound, which was previously healed to smooth skin, has now broken out in blisters. The kind found on burn victims. He notices your gaze and covers his leg. You ask him about the light.
"The light of Jore, black mage. Light of the lord of lords, smiter of evil. I suppose 'oo 'ood know 'eem as Sulis or 'Elois. 'e ees the ever-watchful, god of the sun. 'ees light cannot be made by 'uman mageek, 'eet ees impossibleh. 'oor staff cood not have done thees thing. And do not speak of the test, black mage, for enchantments can be fooled. Boot...'oo did save me. And that I cannot explain. And...there is also *that*..."
He sees your puzzled face.
"'Eet ees nothing that concerns 'oo black mage -- familee beeznees....Boot I must know, 'ow deed 'oo obtain this powyer? ...do not lie black mage! 'ow can 'oo not know!"
You think back. Memories return as half-remembered dreams. Your wife among the mulberry trees. Your daughter enfolded in coarse blankets but smiling at you. Your daughter choosing a dog. Your daughter sick. Your daughter dying. Your wife heart-broken. And then...what then? A little girl on an altar, and a hand upon her hand. Sunshine in her hair. But your daughter's hair was black. You sit down. Cold sweat on your forehead. A woman behind you, at the doorway. What did you do? What else could I have done? The thin scar on your cheek aches. Fingernails in the flesh. Dainty and...small.

What did you do?

You clutch your head. The world spins. You were tricked! Even the gods...even the gods are fickle. Yes...your daughter saved! Your daughter immortal!

Ha! Cruel sense of humor, the gods. Tears unchecked upon your face. Arnaut watches you closely. Were *you* then, the cause of all this? The harbinger of -- a moaning at the wall and a dull thud. Moaning at the windows.
"Wee must escape black mage! Untie me, give me my sword!"

You:
>Head upstairs to get the dog and the girl
>Untie Arnaut and give him his blade
>Other (write-in)

(1/2)
>
>>
>Status

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Black Magic (?)

>Inventory
Magic Staff (Broken)
Canteen of Water(x0/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword

>Equipment

>Dolores' Inventory
Iron Short Sword
Crossbow (10 bolts)
Scraps of Doe Pelt (x2)
Full Waterskin

>Dolores' Equipment
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>106574
Man he's totally growing that leg back. Shiiiiit.

If we run with the girl and the dog, we might not get the chance to retrieve our staff from the yard. But if we untie him and give him his sword he's probably going to try and kill us. Does he want to kill the zombies first, or us? Can he kill anything at all with one leg?

>Stab the blade into the ground near him so he can wiggle over and cut his own bonds while you run upstairs to get your shit and the rest of your party. If he's not finished cutting himself loose by the time you get back downstairs you can help him.

During our escape we have to remember the staff and the horse. God damnit, I knew we weren't going to be allowed to go back for that bear loot. Maybe on the way out...
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>106574

Wohoo update already. I ask him to put this aside until we escape the horde with the loli.

If he can do that I untie him and hand over his sword then go get the loli from her room. If he's true to his word when we get back, leave the loli to him and go recover Ebony from the garden. And really, you should mention how much of the inventory we can take with us on the run like this.

If he can't and will still be aggressive towards us leave him like that, go fetch the loli and Ebony then do as >>106650 said and leave his sword like that so that he can cut himself free. And as much as I hate to say it, tell him you're leaving him his horse since he won't be of any use even untied with one leg. He can use his sword as a crutch to get to the horse.

Let's see how this goes.
>>
File: 1289301854074.jpg (13KB, 168x148px) Image search: [Google]
1289301854074.jpg
13KB, 168x148px
>>106756
>2

Welp!
>>
>>106764
Serves you right for trying to leave muh horse.
>>
>>106776

Well the Frenchie's fucked without it, and both of our feet were still fine-ish to run away.
>>
>>106780
Frenchie is not our problem. Frenchie can't ride with one leg, the horse is useless to him.
>>
>>106840

We still helped the guy out until now. And there's also the issue of the crusader hordes coming for us to avenge him. A single guy is less of a pain if you ask me.
>>
>>106857
Bro there's no crusader hordes, do you understand how apocalypses work?
>>
>>106884

First of all, mentioned this before, yes there are. This guy came "here" for the glory since shit was going down here. That doesn't mean the rest of the world is struck by the same thing. The old man assumed it got to the elves, but they were on the border with this land we're on. And we're not even sure it got there, they may simply have refused to come and help.
>>
>>106899
>This guy came "here" for the glory since shit was going down here
Where does it say that?

>That doesn't mean the rest of the world is struck by the same thing.
That is exactly what an apocalypse is, anon.

Not having any information about the outside world is a common theme in this genre, that doesn't mean we should assume everything outside this area is fine.

Even if there were crusader hordes, how on earth would they 1) know he was dead, 2) find out who was indirectly responcible 3) find out where we went 4) actually get there DURING THE APOCALYPSE.

Also, even allowing ALL OF THAT- the only reason any amount of crusaders could still be alive is if they're holed up in some castle, probably under siege, with a shit load of problems of their own. They're probably protecting a shitload of civilians, too, refugees who went there immediately and they're honor-bound to protect. They wouldn't be able to just ride out and leave them all.
>>
>>106923

Refer to >>91830
>>
>>106937
Okay, but my other points still stand.
>>
>>106943

I don't see how they do. This "apocalypse" seems to be contained here, the rest of the world going about with it's business. Also I wouldn't question "how" an order of paladins find out you killed one of their own. They can pray to one of their gods for visions, use magical shit etc. I mean it's your call if you want to go for the route where you kill the Frenchie but I'd rather not.
>>
>>106963
It's not an apocalypse if it's contained to one area, and as 'apocalypse' is the title of the thread, I think if we can be certain of anything, it's that we are currently in one.
I would love to avoid killing frenchie, anon, but in the interest of protecting our life and the lives of our dog and child, I am not going to let a homicidal berzerker regenerating paladin murder us on the off chance that there's an extremely remote possibility that his brothers will come after us. His brethren aren't here right now, he is. If we can talk him down, that's great, but if we can't, he has to go. We can't beat this guy in a fair fight, especially with our staff broken.
>>
>>106977

That's assuming too much. We know too little of the world around us to just use the title of the story as an argument. If there really is dark magic running through us we need to convince this guy now before it grows any larger. If Ebony was fixed after this I was even going to suggest fixing his leg as a sign that we aren't really his enemy. You might not consider the order of crusaders a real thing now, but if it does turn out to be real we really, really don't want them on our backside when we might actually be the cause for all this disaster.
>>
oh also before we leave we should try and find out what's in the basement
>>
>>106997
what would be your face when that's a horde of undead templars outside
>>
I have a feeling that the thing in the basement is the reason why frenchie is asking us to untie him
>>
>>107009

Not surprised honestly. I would expect them to send parties in here to "smite the evil" and so on. I think you're rushing with your assumptions of how the outside world is mate. We simply don't have enough info on it.
>>
>>107025
Assuming that everyone's dead in an apocalypse story is like assuming there will be magic in a fantasy story.
>>
>>107080

That's still just assuming though.
>>
>>106840
Frenchie definitely can ride with one leg. It'll be more difficult sure, but there isn't any reason he can't.
>>106650
Ask Frenchie what's in the basement, get loli and dog, give frenchie his sword, get Ebony, and book it, if we can't handle what's in the basement.
>>
>>106650
You unsheathe his blade. It tingles to your touch. It is the same color of hellfire you saw before. Coal black and red.
"'Urree! there ees no time."
On cue, the window shatters and an arm fumbles through. You stab the blade into the ground near Arnaut.

You run upstairs to Dolores and the dog. The dog is already up. He barks at you. Dolores stirs. You grab her. You grab your things. She is still heavy with sleep and leans on your shoulder. You carry her down. Your dog follows.
Sir Arnaut is waiting for you at the bottom of the stairs. Sword in one hand. Helmet in the other. His regal eyes regard you. Hard purple in black. He closes his eyes, sighs.
"Take the 'orse black mage. Flee this place. I weel 'old them off."
You hesitate.
"Do not be surprised black mage. Cood ay leeve an enfant een 'arm? Take the 'orse. Leave this place."
You go down. Arnaut meets your eyes.
"'Oo arr woreed black mage? For me?" He chuckles. "What a curious homme 'oo arr black mage, to woree for those who 'av sworn to keel 'oo...kindness I am not used to." And you can see the hardness in his eyes turn to sadness and weakness. Then...resolve, and nothing else. "No, black mage. Ay shall not die 'ere. I steel 'av beezneez een thees world. I want 'oo to do something for me" He opens a small latch on the inside of his helmet. A small folded piece of parchment falls out. "Oo must breeng thees to Old Quendru. Eet ees why I 'av come to thees place. Do not open that message, black mage, or 'oo weel surelee die, eet ees meant for 'er eyes onlee. She weel know what to do. Do you comprenez?" You nod. He hands you the parchment. You put it away. You turn to leave.
"And...merci...for not leaving me. Kindness, Ay am not used to." Then he smiles. Then he dons the bloodied helm.Then he prays:
"Ay am the blade the lord 'as chosen. And ay am the point that evil fears. Ay am the twilight before morning, and joostice bound in steel . Ay will not fear the path to evil. Ay will not fear the way of death. Ay will defend the weak and feeble. So long...as I draw breath."

A low G notes sounds in the air. A zombie crashes through the window. Then two. Sir Arnaut whirls his blade. He turns.
"Go! Now!"
You hold Dolores closer and run out the back door. You run to the stables and put Dolores on the horse and the dog on her lap. You clasp your pack to the horse. Then you mount.

Stragglers from the horde lumber toward you. Shoop! A wooden bolt fires, taking a zombie skull clean off its neck. You look at Dolores. She is reloading the crossbow. You mount the horse and ride hard toward the front of the house. You cannot see Sir Arnaut through the rows of undead. Or hear him past the moaning. You reach the front gate, reach down, grab Ebony, its head still broken. The wood warps.
"N...nigga...soil..." Then nothing.

You ride hard:
>Toward the road
>Deeper into the farmland
>Into the forest
>Other (write-in)

(1/2)
>>
>Status

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Black Magic (?)

>Inventory
Magic Staff (Broken)
Canteen of Water(x0/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword

>Equipment

>Dolores' Inventory
Iron Short Sword
Crossbow (9 bolts)
Scraps of Doe Pelt (x2)
Full Waterskin

>Dolores' Equipment

>Horse Inventory
Your Pack
Dolores' Pack
Pelt Sack of Bear Flesh
>>
>>107948
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDdvReNKKuk
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>107938
Fuck I forgot to roll on this.
>>107948
Go whichever way Quendru is.
>>
>>107968
Not rolling would have been better than this shit.
>>
File: 1381506193096.jpg (89KB, 728x1036px) Image search: [Google]
1381506193096.jpg
89KB, 728x1036px
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>107948
>>107960
>"Ay am the blade the lord 'as chosen. And ay am the point that evil fears. Ay am the twilight before morning, and joostice bound in steel . Ay will not fear the path to evil. Ay will not fear the way of death. Ay will defend the weak and feeble. So long...as I draw breath."
Wow, fuck, I should not have opened that song actually. ;_;7

>Go towards Old Quendru if you know which direction it is, otherwise towards the road. Try not to cry. Cry.
>>
>>107988
We know the direction. The old man told us.
>>
oh fuck we forgot to refill our water
We should find a river.
>>
File: 1243383066775.jpg (20KB, 600x378px) Image search: [Google]
1243383066775.jpg
20KB, 600x378px
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>107948

Godspeed Freenchie. Also I say go into the forest and retrieve as much of the bear as you can since you have a horse now. Unless the zombies were coming from the same forest in which case hit the farmlands further and hope for another safe house where you can heal Ebony then use it to heal yourself.
>>
This thread dead?
>>
>>109808

OP mentioned earlier that he's having his finals so we'll get around an update per day until the weekend. Just be patient, this shit is getting good.
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>109834
Ok, thanks
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0HVNgX8L14
>>
>>108092
I'm actually glad you got this roll, I can't believe I was too emotionally distraught to remember the all-important Bear Loot.
Nice call anon.
>>
>>108092
You take one last look at the house, now surrounded by the zombies. You wipe your eyes and ride into the forest. It doesn't take long before you reach the bear cave. You take the meat you had left behind, much of it ruined by insects. You pack the loot onto your horse.

You:
>Head to the site of cultists
>Head north through the forest to Old Quendru
>Head to the road (west)
>Head back to the farmhouse
>Other (write-in)

>Status
You are a little tired. You are a little thirsty.

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Black Magic (?)

>Inventory
Magic Staff (Broken)
Canteen of Water(x0/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword

>Equipment

>Dolores' Inventory
Iron Short Sword
Crossbow (9 bolts)
Scraps of Doe Pelt (x2)
Full Waterskin

>Dolores' Equipment

>Horse Inventory
Your Pack
Dolores' Pack
Pelt Sack of Bear Flesh (full)
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>112639

Really, really wanted that full bear pelt but don't want to go back to the cultist's spot again with a broken hand and a dead staff so the scraps from the cave will have to do (there were still scraps in the cave right?). And there's no point in going back to the farmhouses if Old Quendru lies beyond the forest, so let's head there.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>112639
Head north through the forest to Old Quendru
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>112639
To the north we go.
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>112639
>Head north through the forest while looking for a water source.
We need to replenish our water.
>>
>>114357

Loli still has a full waterskin we can share. Would've even proposed a campsite to rest for a while and fix Ebony a bit, but I really don't want to camp in the woods.
>>
>>114381
The woods seem abnormally dangerous. So far with just a few excursions we seen a metric fuckload of zombies, three bears, a fucking demon, a horde of cultists, and cannibal bandits that emerged from the woods.

We should stay the fuck out of those woods.
>>
>>114381
We should camp near a watersource anyway, and it never hurts to have too much water.
>>
>>114408
Also zombies can't cross running water.
Not because of any magical reason, they just don't swim that well.
>>
>>114415

That's pretty flawed logic. The flowing water will have to have both power and depth. If it only has power but it's shallow they'll just walk through. Some might stumble if it's really powerful but most will make it through. If it only has depth they might just walk on the bottom until they reach the other side. Not really sure how buoyant corpses that haven't actually drowned are so can't really be sure there though. Also if it has neither it's practically useless for any kind of defense.
>>
>>114508
I think you're overestimating the dexterity of rotting corpses. They aren't very coordinated and wet rocks are slick even for humans. Not drowning doesn't prevent them from just being swept downstream.
Crossing a river would be almost foolproof, they would all follow and all inevitably slip and be washed downstream.

Good to have you back for our incessant arguments, gentlemen, yesterday was far too quiet.
>>
>>114539
While this would help to a minor extent it wouldn't provide much protection unless we were to keep a fairly large body of water, like a river or lake, on one side of us. Even with the protection provided from a large body of water, it would still be more detrimental than helpful for us in the case of a group cornering us using the body of water. The horse could probably swim through the water if it's a lake, but we'd still be fucked because I doubt it can carry us, loli, and dog across.
>>
>>114601
We could put the dog and the loli on the horse and lead it.
>>
>>114639
wading across a lake while leading a horse would be very challenging and tiring for both us and the horse. Considering we are playing as the most easily tired human in existence we'd probably pass out while swimming.

Oh, we also don't know if we can swim. We're not sailors and this is a fantasy setting so we probably can't.
>>
>>114666
I did say running water, a lake would be useless.
>>
>>114666
Also to be fair he's probably got malnutrition at this point. We don't eat very often and we expend a lot of energy.
>>
File: night_lake.jpg (2MB, 3872x2592px) Image search: [Google]
night_lake.jpg
2MB, 3872x2592px
>>112912
You travel through the forest, going north. The sun hovers above the trees, then dives. The dog and the girl fall asleep by the gentle lolling of the ride. You drift inward into your thoughts.

Who was the girl on the altar? Who was the woman at the doorway? The light of Jore. Old Quendru. Sir Arnaut. Dolores. Dolores. She isn't your daughter. But...you shake your head. Is there is a force, unseen and calculating which watches your moves? Which dictates your actions?

Your dog whines, perhaps from a bad dream.

But you cannot wake up. And so you ride.

You make it to the other side of the lake you saw before. The sun sets and you:
>Continue riding north into the forest
>Make camp
>Other (write-in)

>Status
You are exhausted. You are thirsty. You are hungry.

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Black Magic (?)

>Inventory
Magic Staff (Broken)
Canteen of Water(x0/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword

>Equipment

>Dolores' Inventory
Iron Short Sword
Crossbow (9 bolts)
Scraps of Doe Pelt (x2)
Full Waterskin

>Dolores' Equipment

>Horse Inventory
Your Pack
Dolores' Pack
Pelt Sack of Bear Flesh (full)
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>114810
>Is there is a force, unseen and calculating which watches your moves? Which dictates your actions?
don't you dare get meta on me OP

>Make camp and eat some bear meat. Refill all your water containers. Attempt to convince the loli to keep watch for a while since she's rested.
>>
File: 0ngWKpN.gif (991KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
0ngWKpN.gif
991KB, 320x240px
>>114946
THREE NATS
>>
>>114946

If we're making camp, don't forget to thrust Ebony into the ground.
>>
>>114946
>>115089
Oh yeah, obviously do that. Also water him.
>>
File: 1342461857473.jpg (86KB, 854x699px) Image search: [Google]
1342461857473.jpg
86KB, 854x699px
>>115097
And pile sticks around him in case that helps.
>>
>>115101

Think the point is he's taking nutrients and shit from the ground like a tree. Dead branches won't really help with that.
>>
>>115119
anon i was making a joke
>>
>>115194

It's 8am over here Anon, am tired as all fuck.
>>
test
>>
Oh no, we're in autosage!
OPie, save us! New thread!
>>
>>116840

Don't panic. Page 7 is more than fine until he joins tonight for the daily update. He could just make it then.
>>
New thread when?
>>
>>119695
When OP gets here.
>>
>>119698
Opie seems a little late.
>>
>>120360
Someone else could write the recap like last time.
>>
PANIC
>>
>>120658

It's fine, still page 9. At this rate we should be fine until tomorrow. This board is slow enough to still be fine on page 10.
>>
>>120461
Actually I wrote that recap last time :)

>>120360
>>120658
New thread: >>120796

You didn't think ol' Opie was going to abandon this qst did you? We'll see this thing through to the end anon!
>>
>>120815
fuck yeah
Thread posts: 370
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.