[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paper Mario Quest #3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 12

File: BoobertConfused.png (32KB, 200x188px) Image search: [Google]
BoobertConfused.png
32KB, 200x188px
This is a quest that takes place within the universe of Paper Mario, specifically the first two games, in a period of relative peace. You're not Mario, but if you play your cards right, you might end up as famous as the brothers. Collect the seven macguffins, hone your skills as the best at something, or just do sidequests all day - the choice is yours.

At the end of every update, I'll give you a few options to vote on, with a ten minute period to vote. Most times you can write in your own options, but I'll veto it if it won't work or if it's too outlandish. Rolls, when asked for, will be done on a d20. You have three chances to succeed, one roll per person. Rolls are made after the ten-minute voting period. Good luck and have fun!

Current Chapter: Chapter 1 ~ No Bean, No Cry

~Character Sheet~

Boobert B. Boon
>HP: 10/10
>FP: 3/5
>Lv. 1

Abilities:
-Float: You can't really fly high up, but you don't touch the ground
-Invisibility: Can turn invisible for a short time, also lets you phase through objects and surfaces

Skills:
-Spook: +2 to scaring people
-Handyboo: +2 to fixing objects
-Chef: +2 to preparing food

Traits:
-Spirit: You don't need to eat, drink, or sleep
-Endurance: Roll 5 times instead of 3 for endurance situations

Inventory (NOTE: All items and badges are currently missing!)
-3 Coins
-Chef's hat
-Frying pan
-Grey tie
-Mushroom x2 (+10 HP)
-Honey Syrup (+5 FP)
-Fire Flower (Fiery attack when planted)
-Life Shroom (Restores some health if you hit 0 HP)
-Pungent Herb x2 (Bitter, restores status)

Badges
-[E]Close Call: Makes your enemies more likely to miss you.
(Badges marked with [E] are equipped)

Techniques
-Frying Pan Boo Slap (2FP): Exactly what it sounds like. Instead of one roll succeeding, every passing roll adds an additional degree of success. Obviously, you need your pan (or equivalent) to use this.
>>
File: moon.png (17KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
moon.png
17KB, 180x180px
It's the middle of the night in Flower Fields, you're in the center field of the place, and you're pretty darn upset right now.

Earlier in the day, a sly trickster by the name of Hazy Pinto gave you a bite of his strange celery, and for some reason, you took the bait. This ended up with you in a catatonic state for most of the day, and you discovering your tie with all your stuff was missing when you came to.

Luckily, you were able to snap someone else out of the trance as well; a Crazee Dayzee by the name of Mayzee. You've just given her a handful of the herb that cures this state and sent her back to free the dozen-or-so other creatures that are like that around Hazy's tent, which he's since abandoned. Spooky enough, she said she never ate the celery that you did.

You know Hazy's not up that path, and he hasn't left for Toad Town. Unless he can scale terrible mountains in less than a day, he's got to still be here somewhere, with that celery and all your stuff. Time to get searching.

>A. Ask some of the creatures in this field if they've seen Hazy
>B. Ask the liar flower if he's seen Hazy
>C. Search one of the other paths for him (East, Southeast, Northwest, West, or Southwest)
>D. Wait for Mayzee to come back from the Northeast path
>E. Go back to Toad Town briefly (though it's night and not a lot of places will be open)
>F. Something else
>>
>>941036
>A. Ask some of the creatures in this field if they've seen Hazy
>>
>>941036
>A

Hope our info gathering is as good here as it was in town.
>>
>>941036
A.
>>
File: luigiobjection.jpg (72KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
luigiobjection.jpg
72KB, 500x333px
>>941049
>>941080

Roll for info gathering! 1d20
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>941137
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>941137
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>941137
>>
>>941195
Oh well, this just means we get to adventure. Can't have our quest be too easy.
>>
>>941155
>>941157
>>941195

Sorry, got caught up in life stuff. Getting to it now
>>
>>941358
How dare you use real life, most likely important things, as an excuse to stay away from your true duty of writing this enjoyable quest?
>>
>>941155
>>941157
>>941195

You start to ask the few creatures that are awake what they know about Hazy Pinto, and if they've seen him lately. Most aren't helpful, but one Bulb-ulb tells you that it has seen Hazy every now and again, heading down the Southeast path for water from Lily's spring (whoever that is). He's also been seen, occasionally, going Northwest to, by his own admission, 'talk with the Sun'.

That's kind of weird. But okay.

>A. Head Southeast for the spring
>B. Head Northwest for the Sun tower
>C. Stay and wait for Mayzee before going anywhere
>D. Something else
>>
File: a broken waa.jpg (57KB, 720x478px) Image search: [Google]
a broken waa.jpg
57KB, 720x478px
>>941368
>>
>>941382
>C
Then
>B
>>
>>941382
>C. Stay and wait for Mayzee before going anywhere
>>
>>941382
This >>941400
>>
>>941400
>>941411
>>941413

You want to go to the Sun tower, but wait for Mayzee before setting off. Two heads are better than one, even if one's dead and the other is plant matter.

After about twenty minutes of waiting, she shows up with none of the herbs you gave her. "Everyone is awake now, and I left them the herbs to help them recover fully... I hope that was okay."

>A. That's fine
>B. HOW DARE YOU
>C. We're going to the Sun tower, Hazy might be there
>D. Are you able to fight?
>E. Something else
>>
>>941447
>A. That's fine
>D. Are you able to fight?
>>
>>941447
>C. We're going to the Sun tower, Hazy might be there
>>
>>941447
>C
>>
>>941447
>A
>C
>D

Definitely need to know if she's a pacifist type.
>>
>>941459
>>941462
>>941521
>>941526

"That's fine," you tell her, and her expression softens. You immediately follow up with another question: "Are you able to fight?"

"Fight? Well... sort of... I can defend myself, but I'm not very strong. If something attacks me, I just sing and put it to sleep..."

That's fair enough. You tell her then that you're going to the Sun tower, as you suspect Hazy might be there.

"Oh, I would hate to disturb the Sun while it's sleeping, but okay..."

>A. Okay, what does she mean by that?
>B. Tell her you'll do the bulk of the fighting if it comes up
>C. Good (Head Northwest)
>D. Maybe you'll learn to like fighting!
>E. Something else
>>
>>941534
>>A. Okay, what does she mean by that?
>B. Tell her you'll do the bulk of the fighting if it comes up
>C. Good (Head Northwest)
>D. Maybe you'll learn to like fighting!
>>
>>941534
>A
>>
>>941534
>A

I feel a bit dumb for not making the connection that if it's night in toad town, it's night here.
>>
Alright you guys, Im off. Got finals tomorrow, and I cant be doing quests all night before a test. Make sure to destroy that fucking bean for daring to mess with our style, if you get the chance.
>>
File: suntower.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
suntower.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>941541
>>941549
>>941577

"Okay, what do you mean by that? The Sun doesn't sleep."

"Oh, uh... well, it's our sun, not THE sun... he rises in the sky during the day to shower us with light and energy, and when the actual sun goes down, he descends to his tower to rest up for the next day."

That seems kind of redundant. But then again, you're not a flower, so maybe it's something you don't understand.

"Okay, well I can do the bulk of the fighting, if it comes up. Who knows, maybe you'll learn to like fighting!" You laugh, while Mayzee tilts her head in confusion.

Finally, you get a move on toward the Sun's tower, intent on seeing if Hazy really did go this way. It's a ways up the path, but you can already see it when you start down it. Curiously, not a whole lot seems to be growing in this direction; the land closest to the sun tower doesn't have much grass around it, and is surrounded by those red brambles that are weirdly omnipresent in this place. The beginning of this path, noticeably, doesn't have as many flowers as the other paths.

It's a quiet night, and it seems like many creatures are sleeping. At least, nothing is really within your vision as you walk.

>A. Walk (float) normally with Mayzee
>B. Proceed cautiously and alertly
>C. Hurry down the path, Hazy might be getting away!
>D. Scout up the path with your invisibility, leaving Mayzee for a minute
>E. Something else
>>
>>941632
Have a good night my dude, I won't be going much longer myself so you won't miss much
>>
>>941651
>>
>>941651
>A

Let's learn a bit about our new friend, does she have any special interests? Any dreams?
>>
>>941651
>>
File: dayzee2.jpg (227KB, 853x1024px) Image search: [Google]
dayzee2.jpg
227KB, 853x1024px
>>941672
>>941686
>>941705

You decide to take it easy and just walk with your new acquaintance. Hazy probably isn't going anywhere, at least nowhere you could imagine. Since it's going to be a bit of a walk, you take the opportunity to ask Mayzee about herself.

"Umm... I'm not exciting... the only things I do are sing and study plants... the non-sentient ones, I mean. I'd like to sing in a big place someday, like the castle in Toad Town, or the Glitz Pit... but I would never be good enough for that..."

>End for tonight

That's all anons, hope you enjoyed it. Sorry I got caught up in other stuff the last few hours, I would have liked to get a little more done. Follow the twitter @grandmaster_qm to see when I'm running next.

I'll be around a bit longer for questions and stuff!
>>
>>941756
Thank you for running. Question, will find power blocks?
>>
>>941756
Thanks for the thread, GM!

I was wondering about level ups, are they only possible through battle or can we gain experience in other ways?
>>
File: roughtoughmonkeysex.png (346KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
roughtoughmonkeysex.png
346KB, 500x500px
>>941767
Thanks for playing! I actually haven't considered that, but I'll probably make that the method for leveling your partners outside of milestones for them

>>941773
Thanks for playing, anon! Boobert will level on story milestones for sure, so he won't have to grind for star points or anything. It'll probably be one level up per 'chapter', but there's definitely going to be more than 8 chapters in this quest. Consider this veggie map thing the first arc
>>
Running tonight
>>
Cool.
>>
File: 1427869946869.jpg (14KB, 158x153px) Image search: [Google]
1427869946869.jpg
14KB, 158x153px
Soon
>>
File: Dayzee.png (5KB, 130x150px) Image search: [Google]
Dayzee.png
5KB, 130x150px
>>941756

"What do you do?" Mayzee asks you.

>A. I'm a Chef
>B. Nothing really
>C. I do whatever I want
>D. I face danger and brave terror!
>E. I cook for princesses
>F. Tell her not to be so hard on herself
>G. Something else
>>
>>949277
>A. I'm a Chef
>D. I face danger and brave terror!
>F. Tell her not to be so hard on herself
>>
>>949277
>A. I'm a Chef
>>
File: spiny.png (6KB, 123x119px) Image search: [Google]
spiny.png
6KB, 123x119px
>>949318
>>949337

"I'm a chef," you tell her. "And I face danger and brave terror! Like this bean guy!"

"Oh, that's nice... I bet that's more fun than singing..." She almost seems depressed.

"You shouldn't be so hard on yourself," you follow up with.

"Oh, I'm just not feeling well about this beanish business... I don't like thieves or smooth talkers..."

As you're about to speak up and continue the conversation, you're distracted by a rustling up the road. You stop for a second, and what made the noise reveals itself, as three Spinies crawl out from the bushes, stopping in the road and looking at you. They don't seem like they're going to move.

>A. Go around them
>B. Ask them to move
>C. Tell them to move
>D. Ask if Mayzee can put them to sleep with her song
>E. Something else
>>
>>949417
>>
>>949417
>>
>>949431
>>949468

"Can you put those Spinies to sleep?" You ask Mayzee.

"Oh, uh, sure... b-but cover your ears." She blushes as she says that. "Y-you don't want to fall asleep too..."

You cover your Boo ears(?) and Mayzee steps a little closer to the three Spinies. You can hear a muffled version of her song with your blocked hearing, and it's downright beautiful.

>A. Uncover your ears to hear it completely
>B. Keep your ears covered
>>
>>949527
She knows best.
>>
>>949527
>>B. Keep your ears covered
>>
>>949527
>B. Ears covered
>>
>>949527
>>
>>949553
>>949554
>>949578
>>949624

You keep your ears covered through the song, waiting for the muffled vocals to end entirely just to be safe.

As your attention shifts back to the Spinies visually, you see one has fallen asleep, while two of them move toward Mayzee threateningly. The Dayzee steps back toward you, a look of terror on her face.

"P-please stop them, Boobert!" She almost seems panicked.

>A. Why are you afraid? They're just Spinies
>B. Don't worry, I'll save you!
>C. Scare the remaining two Spinies off (1d20+2, DC7)
>D. Slap-attack one of the Spinies (1d20, DC2)
>E. Something else
>>
Rolled 20 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>949713
>B. Don't worry, I'll save you!
>>
File: 1426726253476.jpg (24KB, 321x326px) Image search: [Google]
1426726253476.jpg
24KB, 321x326px
>>949728
Good crit, but too soon to roll
>>
>>949713
>>
>>949728
Seconding.
>>
>>949728
>>949739
>>949742

Now you can roll, 1d20+2
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>949799
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>949799
>>
One more roll
>>
Rolled 15 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>949799
>>
>>949841
>>949849
>>949880

"Don't worry, I'll save you!" You go full ham in front of Mayzee, maybe to calm her fears, maybe to impress her, you're not sure.

Whatever the reason, you conjure up the scariest face you can make (which given your situation, is surprisingly spooky), and cause the two active Spinies to panic and flee, leaving the one sleeping. It doesn't look like it's going to wake up any time soon.

>A. Leave it be and head on up
>B. Slap it around a bit
>C. Ask Mayzee if she's okay
>D. Ask Mayzee what she thought of that
>E. Something else
>>
>>949914
>D. Ask Mayzee what she thought of that
>>
>>949914
>C. Ask Mayzee if she's okay
>>
>>949929
>>949986

That was easy. You quickly turn to Mayzee and ask her if she's okay.

"Yes... I'm fine. Thanks for that..."

You leave the sleeping Spiny be, giving it a wide berth as you step around it on the way to the tower. It's not too far in the distance now, maybe a few minutes until you hit the bottom of it.

On the way, you get a twinge of curiosity. "What did you think of that?", you ask Mayzee.

"Oh? Um... it was okay... I'm happy none of those Spinies got hurt..."

From what you can tell, she really doesn't like fighting, or when things are in pain.

Soon enough, you finally get to the bottom of the Sun's tower, which has a lot more brambles surrounding it than you realize. There's a rather large spiral staircase that winds up to the top - if Hazy came this way, he definitely went up here, as there's no getting past the brambles.

>A. Head up the big stairs
>B. Look around the base of the tower using your invisibility
>C. Ask Mayzee what the two of you should do
>D. Something else
>>
>>950060
>>
>>950060
>>
File: 1426727463283.png (125KB, 250x282px) Image search: [Google]
1426727463283.png
125KB, 250x282px
>>950079
>>950089

Before ascending the tower, you feel it would be a good idea to investigate all around the tower's base. Just to make sure.

You quickly activate your invisibility and make a round around the tower, seeing if somehow Hazy is back there. He is not, but you do find something: a chest containing a badge!

>Obtained Badge
>Charge: Lets you Charge for a turn, increasing the damage dealt on your next attack

You come back to Mayzee and show off your new prize, to which she applauds sweetly.

>End updates

That's all for tonight, I gotta get to bed for work. Hope you had fun, I'll be running for longer on Monday.

Thanks for playing!
>>
>>950203
Thank you for running. Goodnight
>>
>>950203
Thank you man.
>>
Wow this thread is still alive!

Holidays are very time consuming, so I'll probably be running next on Monday. See you guys then!
>>
>>969222
Trip pls
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.