[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yet Another Cultural Evolution

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 679
Thread images: 57

File: CivQuest1.png (30KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
CivQuest1.png
30KB, 1000x600px
Hey guys, I wanted to try a cultural evolution, promise I will be active for most of the day today.

Next post I will be dropping culture sheets, tribe bios, and a group map.

General Rules:
> 3 to a tribe, will start when every tribe has at least 1
> Every turn you can make one culture, tech, or action move
> Culture moves evolves, or creates, a new cultural trait for the tribe.
> A tech move advances the technology of a tribe. Must evolve from prior technology and be appropriate to the environment of the tribe.
> An action move can either be exploring a region, building structures, trading with tribes, etc. Any move thats not culture or tech can probably be action.
> Every tribe has a bonus move they can make if they choose to do so. No tribe can trade their bonus move for another move.

An example of a cultural evolution is:
>Tribe ABC resolves conflicts with fists
>Tribe ABC's leader is the best fist-fighter

Claiming begins now. Tripcode so I can keep track of you
>>
File: SkyTribeSheet-Turn0.png (40KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
SkyTribeSheet-Turn0.png
40KB, 1024x768px
The Sky Tribe lives above the tree line in the rocky terrain of the lower foothills. They’ve developed stone chisels and hammers, which they use to carve caves to dwell in. They are led by Sky Sages, who listen to the winds and interpret them as the voices of the One Sky God. Their diet consists of what they can forage, mostly salted rocks, cave moss, and mushrooms.
>>
>>93960
Sky claimed
>>
>>93960
Claiming the multichins
>>
File: PlainsTribeSheet-Turn0.png (37KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
PlainsTribeSheet-Turn0.png
37KB, 1024x768px
The Plains Tribe is a small group of wandering nomads who follow where large, meaty prey roam. Usually they follow the tracks of horses, wild boars, and prairie dogs, cooking them in their campfires during the night. They follow a shaman appointed leader who makes important decisions on where to settle and eat. They believe helpful spirits live on the horizon and among the stars, and make sure they never lose sight of either during their adventures.
>>
File: LakeTribeSheet-Turn0.png (40KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
LakeTribeSheet-Turn0.png
40KB, 1024x768px
>>93973
Tripfag nigga

The Lake Tribe are a group of landowning villagers who live by the lake shores in wooden shacks, among small 30 square feet plots of farmland. They make decisions by vote in large groups, but only the farm owners have stake in making a decision. The most successful farmers are the fattest due to food surplus, thus it is desirable for a villager to become plus sized. They grow and mostly eat sugarcane and berry bushes by the lake, and rarely stray far into the woods or across the lake.
>>
>>93960
Sky tribe
>>
>>93989
You mean namefag OP, tripfag has a tripcode
>>
>>93989
Done
>>
Here is a map of the world. What your tribe accomplishes is up to you. Will you be able to conquer land with magic or technology? Or take a diplomatic route with cultural integration (or potentially splitting a tribe?)
once all tribes have at least one member, turn 1 starts now!
(don't beat me up if I used the formatting wrong)
>>
File: Game Idea 1 Map.png (23KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Game Idea 1 Map.png
23KB, 800x600px
>>94002

>>94019
I know, clearly I still haven't woken up
>>
Dibs on the Plains Tribe.
>>
>>93973
I think that we should develop architecture as soon as possible what do you think?
>>
>>94064
First let's make rope by weaving together strands of moss
>>
Plain tribe claimed
>>
>>94045
>>94079
Guess we're working together. What should we start on first, Shaman?
>>
>>94084
I think for our tech move we should create weapons. This will help us hunt more easily, and if we need to, defend ourselves. Since we can create fire, I'm guessing we have access to wood and flint, so we should be able to make spears and axes.
>>
>>94075
Alright, we still have to think about our actions and our culture then.
I think that our culture should be:
Those who live at lower elevations must protect those who live at higher elevations
>>
Plains tribe lets do like some Mongol shot with breeding horses and conquering on horseback
>>
>>94113
Sounds like a good idea. So for our action this turn, we could try and domesticate horses. This would also help in transport due to our nomadic nature. OP would domesticating horses be a tech move, a cultural move, or an action move?
>>
Currently it seems
Plains (3/3)
Sky (2/3)
Lake (1/3)
Cmon lurkers, lake tribe needs you!
>>
>>94134
I'll join the Lake Tribe.

I like guys with some meat anyways.
>>
>>94126
Domestication in general would be tech.
>>
>>94107
Thats probably a good idea. Unless we have weapons already, which might be possible since we live by hunting animals.

Hmmm...If we're in the desert/plains, could we find sandstone eventually for architecture, if we plan to settle down? It could be used for other things too, of course.

>>94113
Huh. Mounts would definitely be helpful. Domestication in general would. I think taming horses is a step to shepharding livestock and cattle which will help us with a permanent settlement. Next turn we should definitely start taming more animals.
>>
So I was thinking about getting fishing first
>>
Yeah getting animals to herd would be a good idea, or we could burn down the plains as a rite of passage for leaving an area, then come back to greater lands with more resources as a cultural move. Then start taking horses in for tech
>>
>>94147
Yeah so I was think we capture other civ that seems weakest, with easy terrain, then absorb the culture into our own. So still we are carful of nature, but have permanent settlement
>>
>>94140
>>94166
Maybe we should try fish farming, so we won't deplete the lake.
>>
>>94169
I don't see how burning down the plains as a cultural move would help us.

>>94179
Conquering land will come in time. For now though we're a small tribe of nomads so, I don't think we should try warfare for a permanent settlement just yet.

Home comes before war.
>>
For our cultural move, I was thinking we should create music, this would please the spirits as we are singing their praise, it would also make long the journeys our tribe will have less boring. Because creating instruments would be a tech move and we don't have the resources. I recommend the beautiful sounds of Tibetan throat singing.

>>94169
Burning down land we have completely used up sounds like an interesting cultural move. We could use it as a funeral, for when a shaman dies. Burn his body with the settlement he controlled.
>>
>>94184
I don't think that's so much of an issue right now, we're pretty small. Besides, I think we'll have to work towards that anyway.
>>
>>94134
lake tribe, i guess i'm a hydronigger now
>>
Someone join the sky tribe we need you
>>
>>94197
We need to think 7 generations ahead.
>>94198
Welcome, comrade.
>>
rSum your moves and link here when you're done deciding!
>>
>>94204
We're making the Lake Tribe great again
>>
>>94188
So it's called slash and burn agriculture, many different cultures have practiced it, the land grows back stronger after fire
>>
>>94204
What I'm saying is, how do we raise a farm of fish if we can't even catch them? We've got to walk before we can run.
>>
>>94209

Will there be any new tribes added?
>>
>>94195
Music sounds like a good idea, and burning down the settlements after a shaman dies does make some sense.

Its like an advanced cremation. After we've moved out, we burn the land to honour the fallen.

No burning our own supplies and tents though. Thats just a fucking waste.
>>
>>94217
First things first, we need to estabilish some sort of defence, so palisades will be needed
>>
>>94227
Yeah man that's what I meant, when you leave land you burn it, but you're long gone by then
>>
>>94220
Later, obviously.

>>94217
We need BIG nets and some in-ground pools for the fisheries.

>>94230
Some sort of...wall?
>>
>>94230
I say tech fishing and action erect palisades
>>
>>94237
yes, those primitive sharpened log walls
>>94239
seconded
>>
>>94237

What makes it obvious?

Not all of these games have added new tribes..
>>
>>94244
We still have spots open in sky and plains tribes I think.
>>
>>94244
You can always schism if you don't like your current tribe.
>>
>>94254
Not plains we got 3
>>
>>94260
Oh shit, oops.

Yeah one spot open in Sky.
>>
>>94209
Tech: Start making ropes with moss
Culture: those who live at lower elevations must protect those who live at higher elevations
1st action start carving a city in the mountains
2nd action start a mushroom farm
>>
>>94281
You don't get that many actions. For you, it's one tech/culture/standard, and one standard.
>>
>>94281
>> Every turn you can make one culture, tech, or action move
Choose two moves, one must be action
>>
Culture, I propose we become an artistic nation and use water drums and water flutes for ceremonies
>>
>>94209
Lake Tribe actions:

Tech: Fishing

Standard: Erect palisades
>>
>>94281
Culture: those who live at lower elevations must protect those who live at higher elevations
Action: start carving a city in the mountains
>>
>>94292
That's an idea. Remember that we have to use a tech action every turn though. I say we research instruments first before we spend any culture on it.
>>
So, fellow plainsmen, we need to decide what will be our decisions this round?
>>
>>94312
Sorry, didn't mean that as a question.
>>
>>94307
Okay then, ceremonies like that would include a viking burial, which is called Convergence Ritual, a Sea Wedding, in which the couples are baptized in our salt lake, and our harvest festival
>>
>>94331
All good ideas. My main concern however is running out of shit to do with our tech actions, since we have to do one every turn. We need to scout and find more shit that we can use our tech actions on.
>>
>>94328
You're shaman so you and whoever you choose to be chief decide
>>
>>94312
It depends on if taming animals counts as tech or not.

If it does, Tech: Tame horses.

If not, Tech: Make weapons and Action: Tame horses.
>>
>>94336
Because the other factions are horseniggers, we need to, a. find similar transport, b. create anti cavalry tech
>>
>>94358
Dolphin riders confirmed
>>
>>94145
>>94348
OP said it counts as tech. So in that case

Tech: Tame horses

Culture: Music or ceremonial cremations?
>>
>>94368
I was thinking along the lines of sail boats, but why not?
>>
I know this is way off, but battering rams will be needed for walls, we have to update first so we can take out others
>>
>>94369
Ah. So we get two actions each turn, or one of each thing?

But yeah. Taming horses, and making music sounds good to me.
>>
>>94377
I'm still here. I'm just lurking and checking my e-mail.
>>
>>94209

Tech: Tame horses

Culture: Music (singing/chanting/tibetan throat singing)
>>
>>94291
Are there any goats on the mountains?
>>
>>94382
Those don't really make sense for you to develop if you don't even know we exist
>>
>>94389
We need action not culture
>>
>>94389
>>94209
Forgot action

Action: continuing following the horizon. (exploring)
>>
>>94392
Same with you and Dolphins
>>
>>94409
Why the fuck would there be dolphins in the lake
>>
>>94392
To be fair, you guys going 'we need anticavalry' doesn't either.

>>94403
Man, I really want us to discover sandstone soon.
>>
>>94416
I didn't say any of that shit
>>
>>94416
We can try and develop that with our tech next turn. I was also thinking of researching astronomy, so we can use the stars to guide us in the desert.

>>94424
Lakeniggers are literally land whales
>>
>>94412
river dolphins are a thing so it wouldn't be that weird
>>
>>94424
I said 'you guys', m8.

See >>94358
>>
>>94444
Okay, I'm still not gonna vote for shit that doesn't make sense
>>
File: tumblr_n3w8xh9bwg1sz07alo1_400.gif (1MB, 333x277px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n3w8xh9bwg1sz07alo1_400.gif
1MB, 333x277px
>>94438
Big is beautiful.
>>
>>94441
Then I guess taming dolphins wouldn't be unrealistic, idk about riding them though
>>
>>94444
The spirits have blessed us with the quads of truth
>>
>>94403
Exploring roll:

1-15 failure
26-60 resource
61-80 rare resource
81-99 ???
>>
>>94469
>>
Rolled 30 (1d99)

>>94438
Astronomy to guide us. As in north stsr type shit. Sounds cool. I think sandstone or other building materials will help us out more in the short term though.

>>94460
Kek.

>>94469
Okay OP.
>>
File: LakeTribeSheet-Turn1.png (40KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
LakeTribeSheet-Turn1.png
40KB, 1024x768px
One lake tribe member, after dropping his sugarcane into the lake, found movement in the water! Hungry as he was, he attempts to catch the fish by stabbing with the sugarcane. Lake tribe now has knowledge of fishing, and a new food source is available! Although they haven’t caught nearly enough to make it a regular diet, fishing has caught on with some more unsuccessful farmers.

Palisades are erected in defense of any creatures that may come from the forest! Now the villagers are safe between the calming lake and the wooden barrier.
>>
>>94477
WOOOOO RESOURCES

THANK YOU, SPIRITS
>>
>>94488
Tgat double chin tho
>>
>>94488
Look at that majestic river dolphin. XD
>>
File: PlainsTribeSheet-Turn1.png (39KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
PlainsTribeSheet-Turn1.png
39KB, 1024x768px
>>94488
The chief of the Plains Tribe decided one day, for whatever reason, instead of eating a horse he may try and capture one! Ever so loyal, the band of nomads followed a stampede and tried to divert one horse off course. With the efforts of nearly 15 tribe members, they finally managed to calm one horse down without injuring it outright, and dedicated it to the chief.

The chief led the tribe around in the hunt for resources. The shaman noticed a plains boar rummaging through some roots of a woody tree. After having consumed the contents, it was confirmed the roots were very sweet and thick! The tribe has collected these sweetroots and now can identify their presence throughout the plains!

>>94496
I was trying to draw a fish but I guess that works too
>>
File: SkyTribeSheet-Turn1.png (38KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
SkyTribeSheet-Turn1.png
38KB, 1024x768px
>>94531
The Sky tribe decided in fear of the horrors beneath the tree line, to dig deeper into the rock and have guards down by the foot of the mountain! Many tribesmen and tribeswomen chiseled for days at a time until a wider mouth and deeper cavern could hold all the tribe, with room still left over! The sky tribe is now more protected from the howls of the cold winter, though the bravest do not share their comfort, idly guarding the mountain path from whatever may come…

Turn 2 starts NOW!
>>
I really feel like we should scout out for some resources
>>
>>94571
Let's make some rope now. With that we can make traps to keep out invaders as well as have giant nets flying to capture birds for food.
>>
>>94580
Yeah
Our tech right now should be an atlatl, to fish from a distance
>>
>>94588
Name
>>
>>94590
and the atlatl's ammo should be sharpened sugarcane
>>
>>94441
Sorry bit busy, but to answer your question there are mountain goats!
>>
>>94588
Sure
>>
Does anyone have any ideas of what we can use the sweetroots for (apart from eating them).

Also I say for our action this round we reproduce. With a higher population we can create separate groups with roles within the tribe. Priest. Hunter. Warrior.
>>
>>94619
The shaman and chief commands everyone in the tribe to fuck.

As for sweet roots...Maybe we should plant them and start agriculture.
>>
File: NewTribeBonuses.png (34KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
NewTribeBonuses.png
34KB, 1024x768px
Im a doofus, sky tribe has a bonus culture not action. It worked out this last round, but just to make sure in the future.
link your moves here folks!
>>
>>94639
That sounds like a good idea, however we are a nomadic tribe. I think we should do what mongolian dreamer proposed, and start having ceremonial funerals where we burn our leader/shaman that died within our previous settlement (without wasting resources we need). That way we are still nomadic tribesman, but we can stay in one place for longer and harness the resources.
>>
>>94676
The plains tribe symbol is mountains and a sky while the sky tribe has circles.

Huh.

>>94687
It depends on how fast they grow. We could use sweet root harvests as time measurements and once we collect the sweet roots we continue travelling. So every time we temporarily settle we leave with some food.
>>
>>94676
Tech: Develop atlatl for more reliable fishing

Standard: Scout for more resources

Everyone was cool with this, right?
>>
>>94676
Tech: Start making ropes with moss
Culture: Those who live at the mountain foot are trained to fight since childhood
>>
>>94712
Don't you guys get an extra tech action?
>>
>>94717
>>
>>94712
Roll for scouting
>>94706
Should be clear by now art isn't my forte, but thats supposed to be a fire not mountains :D
>>
>>94712
Let's also make those instruments we said
>>
>>94729
Everyone gets one action to do anything. Then their other action is unique to their tribe.
>>
So for this round it looks like it's going to be:

Tech: Agriculture

Culture: Ceremonial funerals (everyone one is cremated on death, and the chieftan is burned with previous settlement position)

Action: Orgy

Any suggestions, before we finalize?
>>
>>94745
Right, those. Let's do that next turn, we might get a resource that can help us with that.

>>94754
You don't get three actions.
>>
>>94768
We don't?
>>
>>94687
Okay. So, I think this turn we should do a Culture.

Either cremation and scorching the land we leave behind, or singing.

>>94754
I think we only get one action, then we get that +1 standard action from being the Plains tribe. So its something + orgy.

I think agriculture won't help us that much right now so maybe we should save that for later. So CREMATION AND ORGY!
>>
Rolled 41 (1d100)

>>94736
d100? Here goes.
>>
>>94676
Culture: Ceremonial funerals (cremation of the dead and scorching the land we've used up and left behind)

Action: Fuck like rabbits (increase population)
>>
File: SkyTribeSheet-Turn2.png (43KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
SkyTribeSheet-Turn2.png
43KB, 1024x768px
The sky tribe now harvests moss to weave into long lines and dry them in the sun. Although the rope is pretty weak, it’s great to confuse any flying prey the tribe wants to capture, and makes a great accessory!

The lowlanders begin a martial tradition with their children. It is the belief of the tribesmen that these young warriors will defend the domain of the eternal sky from the evil forces that may seek to destroy it from below the tree line.
>>
>>94819
Also, cremation makes some form of sense. By turning them into ash and sending them away in the wind, they're travelling into the horizon and stars.
>>
>>95032
shouldnt we be looking into like weapons and swords? for calvalry?
>>
>>95052
I agree we should start making spears and axes. Later down the line we can create archers. But we still need to focus on the basics of our tribe for now.
>>
File: PlainsTribeSheet-Turn2.png (37KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
PlainsTribeSheet-Turn2.png
37KB, 1024x768px
The plains nomads have a hot summer. The chief urges the tribe’s young child-couples and other members that the spirits demand the tribe procreate with a fierce intensity. Some couples paused due to the ever-present eye of the stars and horizon, but in the end five young births have been completed this year! Now, if only the chief can figure out how to protect such small, vulnerable ones…

The tribe also agrees that upon their death, they will be reduced to ash and dust to be blown away towards the spirits. The chief has the special privilege of being sent with his last settlement, a final gift to a noble leader.

Also, some feedback would be greatly appreciated! How do you guys like the quest so far? What changes do you think would be nice?
>>
>>95073
I'm enjoying it so far OP, good game and classes. Also, I like the pictures you create for each of the turn updates.
>>
>>95071
We should probably get weapons sometime soon, yes. Also, guys, you dropped your names.

>>95073
...So...That whole thing about protecting babies has me a little suspicious but it gives me an idea.

Hey guys...EVER HEARD OF A KANGAROO POUCH?

(Also I'm enjoying it so far, QM.)
>>
For tech this round we need to create weapons and tools, to protect ourselves, and to be able to create more complex items.
>>
>>95112
yeah sorry i went to my computer from phone so i forgot name
>>
>>95073

Any chance of a new tribe being introduced soon?
>>
>>95112
What do you have in mind about kangaroo pouches?
>>
>>95130
We haven't even filled the current tribes yet
>>
>>95119
Sounds good.

>>95135
For action, maybe change our clothes so they have babysized pouches so we can take our newborns with us? Our nomadic lifestyle and horseback riding and hunting as our main food source isn't very baby friendly.
>>
>>95146
FUCK I HATE 4CHANS AUTOMATIC NAME BULLSHIT. Ignore that.
>>
>>95146
agree, well just lose the population unless we protect young. What about for action we search for materials to create weapons with or build saddles for horses
>>
>>95146
>>95177
So for this round are we going for

Tech: Kangaroo pouches
Action: Search for resources for weapons and tools

Then next turn
Tech: Create weapons and tools?
>>
>>95177
>>95190
Hmmm...
I think maybe we already know how to make weapons, since we hunt as our primary way of getting food?

Maybe we should use our tech for baby pouches and our action for making more weapons.

And if not, we'll look for resources for weapons with our action, THEN make weapons next turn.
>>
File: LakeTribeSheet-Turn2.png (37KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
LakeTribeSheet-Turn2.png
37KB, 1024x768px
The Large Lake-dwellers send a party out exploring their surroundings. Not wanting to get lost in the woods, the party explored north, coming across a plant that had sturdy stems and seemed inedible. What use could these new reeds have I wonder?

The tribe also fashioned stiffer sugarcanes into spear points used in hope to fish better! Fish is slowly becoming a larger part of their diet, although some spear-fishermen still bite on their sugarcane spears when nobody's looking...

Turn 3 will start after a global event!
>>
>>95204
yeah archery is litteraly number 1 in like weapons around the world. Spears too. i agree.
>>
Are there any positions open for a newcomer?
>>
>>95224
Sky tribe
>>
>>95224
I think the sky tribe has one left.
>>95220
Not in the modern world, lol. Firearms and nukes and bombs.

But for now, yes, bows would be great. We need some form of vine or rope to make them though for the string...
>>
>>95208
Oh man, we got papyrus boys
>>
>>95230
>>95208
I am going to join to the Sky tribe.
>>
>>95208
I wonder what the global event is...
>>
>>95256
Suggestion for our actions?
>>
>>95237
As well as using it for agriculture, we could use the sweetroot and see if that might make some sort of rope.
>>
>>95291
I don't think you can make rope out of truffles
>>
>>95291
I still think using sweet roots and agriculture in general as a time measurement system would be cool.

One sweet root harvest is two (plant name) harvests which is four (other plant name) harvests.

>>95296
WE'LL DO THE IMPOSSIBLE
>>
>>95255
I believe we should make camo clothing from that material
>>
>>95274
I believe that we should make those who live in higher altitudes develop agriculture, we need to acquires some crop that can grow in high elevations(like potatoes).

Those who live in the higher altitudes must also find a way to keep those who live in the lowlands supplied with food and everything they need, to ensure the lowlanders only have one job, to defend the tribe.
>>
>>95313
It'll be good for those drums you wanted to make too
>>
>>95296
You would know all about truffles wouldn't you fatass
>>
>>95323
True
>>
>>95327
At first I thought the lake tribes double chins were neckbeards...
>>
>>95320
Maybe we could start by domesticating goats we would have food until we we find potatoes
>>
>>95346
That's a pretty good action, but then for our cultural action do you agree with my second point, making highlanders completely responsible for the feeding and supplying of the lowlanders?
>>
>>95357
yes
>>
File: Scenario1.png (187KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Scenario1.png
187KB, 800x600px
Event 1: Troublesome Beasts!

Mankind has only moved forward after conquering nature, but what if when nature fights back?

One of the caves the sky tribe lived in war apparently the home of a family of grizzlies! The sky people quickly left, but stuck between the bears and the tree line, they are all not residing with the brave lowlanders. But will the lowlanders be able to fight the cave bears out of their homes?

The lake people woke up one day to a large buzz, only to find that a huge swarm of dragonflies have made the sugarcane stalks their home! Every attempt to rid of the insects is met with resistance; after all, how do you fight a swarm? Will the lake people be able to fend off the pests, or be forced to relocate their defensible position?

The plains tribe are in some luck: horses are migrating this season! If they are fast enough, they can capture and tame some more, but will they take that risk after having five young children?

Turn 3 starts now, and I will be back in like 4 hours or less! [/b[
>>
>>95369
So all we have to do is create the kangaroo pouches and tame some more horses.

Other tribes get fucked
>>
>>95369
Eat the dragonflies! Insects have lots of protein.
>>
>>95369
>>95367
Highlanders, while not warriors, begin to use ranged weapons(let's begin with slingshots, we'll later change this into bows) for self defense, as they don't require much training or physical strength to use.

A group of lowlanders, supported by highlanders with slingshots will then try to force the bears out of their cave.

Does our High Priestess agree with this plab?
>>
>>95369
Welp with OP gone I'm also gonna go sleep.

So yeah. Guys, BABY POUCHES!

But also, I think this time we need to exploit the increase in horses and tame more. Currently only the Chief has one and that won't do.

>>95380
...Unless Sky tribe tames the fucking grizzlies oh fuck
>>
>>95389
I was thinking the same thing.
>>
>>95389
I propose we burn some sugarcanes, the smoke and stench should kill them
>>
>>95414
Naw man, we get a while lot more food, and the sugarcane is doing all the work for us. We can even catch them in bulk now that we have papyrus
>>
>>95393
Yes and we could delay "the highlander are responsible for feeding lowlanders" thing while instead picking "High lander prefer ranged weapons because they travel through the domain of the gods"
>>
>>95421
How do you propose we catch them, it's not going to be easy...
>>
>>95430
We make bug catching nets out of papyrus
>>
>>95443
or we incapacitate them with smoke and not risk catching any diseases
>>
>>95421
>>95430
We could feed the dragonflies to the fish for a bigger catch.
>>
>>95465
You know people eat dragonflies, right? And I am vehemently against burning our primary food source.

The plains are getting a boon out of this whole ordeal, we should try and twist this to our advantage instead of wasting a turn just neutralizing it.
>>
>>95482
Also I think plains are the only ones with fire anyway
>>
>>95538
We are? Sweet
>>
>>95538
You will be cleansed in flames
>>
>>95627
lel no we are surrounded by water m8
>>
>>95632
>implying your fatass would stay afloat
>>
>>95650
Fat people float m8
>>
>>95664
My bad, I forgot that balloons float
>>
>>95670
cis-gendered fat -shaming ableist scum
we'll have your racist head on a spike
>>
>>95670
Thats some good Banter Fanta.
>>
For the bug problem, develop nets to put over your crops, and then have the bonus of being able to fish aswell.
>>
>>95761
That's a nice idea actually
>>
>>95761
Well yeah, the nets were meant to be multipurpose. They can help us with a lot of shit.
>>
>>95785
So, what action are we deciding?
>>
>>95367
>>95393
We should only kill the mother we will tame the afterwards and in a few turns we will have bear cavalry!
>>
>>95780
Can i be Lake fag now?
>>
>>95804
*tame the cubs
>>
>>95828
ask OP
>>
>>95804
>>95831
Fine, kill Mama and Papa bear, then try to tame the bearlings, keep in mind that this will take one action, lots of food and it will be very risky though.
>>
>>95841
if/when he comes back. rip
>>
>>95794
Tech, make nets out of papyrus

I still think our action should be to use the nets to catch the dragonflies. We can both eat them and use them as fish bait, like the other guy said. I want to get everything we can out of them.
>>
>>95906
I mean papyrus isn't sturdy, so let's just use the plant's fibers to make it
>>
>>95915
^ weave it out of plant fibres, ideally the smallest/worst of the crops to strengthen the gene pool of the crops
>>
fug :DDDDDD
rib op
>>
[b]recap turn 3 here! :DD[/b]
>>
>>96062
Can I become Lake Fag?
>>
>>96062
huh id changed. Well I'll act as OP from here
>>
>>96062
We make nets out of the plant fibers, proceed to capture dragonflies, half we eat, half we keep as bait
>>
>>96062
Tech: Make nets with our new plant

Action: Use said nets to catch dragonflies and fix the dragonfly problem. Also I say we should eat them and use them as bait.
>>
>>96075
I think lake is full, sorry!
>>
we need horses more than children, i vote we get horses so we have firm food source, milk, meat, and hide. Then with those amenities we can protect the children
>>
>>96090
killing myself, gave them the best tech and now ive been cast off
>>
>>96124
if lake chub doesn't appear then we might need you
>>
>>96062
Action: Try to kill bear parents and capture cubs
Culture: highlanders are responsible for feeding lowlanders
>>
>>96153
Forgot Id
>>
>>96140
Dubbing Myself
>>
>>96140
I'm still here, but I don't know what to contribute.
>>
Is there anything else we can do, or have we exhausted our actions?
>>
any plains tribe here? Role call
>>
>>96279
here
>>
>>96062
Tech: Create "kangaroo pouches" on women's clothes to protect children

Action: Capture and tame as many horses as possible
>>
>>96153
>>96062
Wasn't our culture action this turn to make Highlanders into ranged warriors?
>>
File: LakeTribeSheet-Turn3.png (40KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
LakeTribeSheet-Turn3.png
40KB, 1024x768px
Lake tribe members with infested crops start to use the dragonflies as a food source and bait for fishes. A large segment of the farmers are turning into fishermen now, and parties are beginning to form within the voting assembly between the two groups.

Nets are weaved together from reeds in order to trap the dragonflies to use as fish bait, and sometimes serve as a makeshift container.
>>
>>96335
you didn't say anything about it so I kinda went with what you approved before
>>
>>96365
we will add it the next turn
>>
>>96362
it's time to make some boats and ports, we'll start maritime trading soon enough
but now, let's sexplore
>>
>>96393
Agreed. Commence the squishy sexings.
>>
>>96421
Wait, you mean use a turn to raise pop? We already have both the highest pop and highest growth, that'd be a waste of time. Plains can get away with it because they have the extra standard action, but we can't afford to use our turns like that.
>>
>>96439
Nah explore, it was a typo
>>
>>96439
>>96452
Then I retract my statement.

Explore beyond the lake!
>>
>>96439
>>96421
>>96393
Use unused fish portions to make a compost to get more people eventually if we can, and exploring's a good idea
>>
>>96462
I think we need boats for that.

Can we make boats out of papyrus?
>>
>>96490
Maybe. I think the ancient Egyptians had papyrus boats.
>>
>>96507
If so, then that can be our tech, while exploring across the lake is our standard
>>
>>96490
if we erected wooden palisades, then we can make wooden boats
>>
>>96362
The sky tribe gather their meager strength to battle the bears that are occupying their caves, coming with their sharp chisels and hammers. Although their weapons could not get past the fur of the bears, they finally managed to draw the bears out of the cave. The tribesmen tried to capture the baby bears alive, but the grief of the bears after the murder of their parents took down two of the tribesmen, and justice demanded the bear die. Although they lost two that year, the warmth and sustenance of bear pelt and flesh provided them some births in the year to make it up.

The lowlanders refuse to assist the tribe without a proper food supply. In order to preserve the culture of the tribe, the two groups begin to form a mutually beneficial relationship.
>>
File: SkyTribeSheet-Turn3.png (50KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
SkyTribeSheet-Turn3.png
50KB, 1024x768px
>>96518
>>
File: PlainsTribeSheet-Turn3.png (43KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
PlainsTribeSheet-Turn3.png
43KB, 1024x768px
The chief decided that the progress of his tribe needed to move forward with having the horse creatures as companions, and not prey. He urged the women to stay a safe distance with the children while he worked with other tribesmen to divert the stampede into a controllable crowd. Unfortunately, some members of the tribe had been run over and badly injured. There had been no deaths, but the injuries impaired them to ever make major hunting contributions. In the end, the tribe managed to catch six more horses, plenty to start breeding if they wanted to raise a litter! The women meanwhile took leftover horse pelt and fashioned a makeshift baby pouch so their hands would be free while exploring the great plains.
>>
OP here, gonna leave this as an anchor post for turn summaries, see you guys tomorrow!
>>
>>96651
sleep tight
>>
>>96523
>>96518
Culture: This experience makes the Sky tribe more belligerent, now Highlanders are expected to join to the battle using ranged weapons, even those who are weak need to be able to fight for the tribe.

We try to domesticate goats to use their milk, meat and pelts, we will also try to find where potatoes grow in the mountain(if they even do at all).
>>
>>96795
they do, the incas where the potato is from farmed potatoes in the andes mountains!
>>
I've got an idea for a cultural action since we haven't actually taken one yet.

We make the party split official, and make two different classes as well. One won't be above the other though, they'll be equal.

There will be the sedentary class, which consists of farmers and craftsmen, as well as miscellaneous trades like entertainers and such if we get music. And the mobile class which consists of fishermen/hunters and scouts/warriors.

They each get votes, and they elect the tribe leader for term, just like a presidential election. This way, each class has their own standards. Sedentary class keeps the fat desirability, since they still need to be good farmers or whatever craftsmen they are. While the mobile class instead starts to move toward favoring dudes who get swole as fuck. And each class does things to support each other, so one isn't inherently more important than the other.

What do my lakebros think?
>>
>>100249
Chubby über alles!
>>
>>96640
Kangaroo Tribe confirmed
>>
>>100249
seconded
>>
>>96795
You haven't found goats yet, but you can use an explore roll to find some!
>>
Rolled 87 (1d100)

Rolling for exploration
>>
Still need to hear back from Plains Tribe!
>>
>>101684
Also need to hear a tech move from lake tribe if they choose to make one!
>>
>>101694
If no other Lake member weighs in, then I say boats
>>
File: SkyTribeSheet-Turn4.png (48KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
SkyTribeSheet-Turn4.png
48KB, 1024x768px
The sky tribe, having found that they cannot rely solely on lowlanders to defend the tribe, attempts to teach highlanders the art of ranged warfare! They begin collecting piles of stones as projectiles and aim at rocky outcrops to improve accuracy. Everyone, including the sky sages, participate in these practices.

The expedition into the mountains, meanwhile, was a success! Not only did they find a young herd of six orphan goats, but an emissary of the sky lord spoke to them in the image of a cloud! Impressed by their successful eviction of the bears from the caves, they rewarded the tribe with a new magical ability, Forceful Gust! Now priests and priestesses are able to create high pressure winds! How the tribe decides to use the ability is up to them, but with increased magical aptitude, perhaps they may be eligible for more abilities!
>>
File: LakeTribeSheet-Turn4.png (47KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
LakeTribeSheet-Turn4.png
47KB, 1024x768px
Eventually, the open-air debates over the tribe’s decisions rested in two factions: The fishermen and the farmers. The fishermen were a growing class composed of failed farmers who took up fishing and were convinced the future of the tribe was in exploration of the lake and improved fishing practices. The conservative farmers were the large, traditional tribesmen who insisted that the lake tribe must diversify crops on the shore, and that more territory in the forest was the only way to allow more farmers in the society, and thus grow. Although both parties have relatively even numbers, its clear a social class divide exists between the two, but the organization of these factions allow more clear debates and decisions to occur than it had before!

The first matter of debate had been transportation over the water. The farm lobby heavily opposed it, but in the end the village voted in majority that attempts would be made to create a platform to travel deeper into the lake in order to get more fish. Reeds were weaved together to make a large enough net so that one particularly light villager could float onto the surface!
>>
Plains tribe reply here for your turn!
>>
>>101714
Breed the goats and use them as a stable food supply, try to discover the art of cheese making.

Priests are now chosen from those who show an affinity for magic and our cold, as magic is a gift from the gods, ergo, those who are born with an innate ability for magic can only be so because they were blessed by the gods.
>>
>>101720
Alright, we've been heavily pushing the fishermen this whole time, it's about time we gave the farmers some concessions.

Let's scout out for more crops so we can diversify.

Our tech can be making instruments with reeds like we discussed earlier.
>>
>>101736
Yep and next turn we should explore the mountains in the search of potatoes and we should make it so that highlanders need to serve a year of lowland service before becoming adults.
>>
Is plains tribe open?
>>
>>101859
*on?
>>
>>101859
Looks like the three people that were in it either dipped out entirely or haven't been on in a long time. You could consider making actions for them, OP
>>
I'll wait 30 minites, if any lirkers wanna consider joining them feel free!
>>
>>101863
I'm here but it looks like the other three arent on yet
>>
File: Improved Magic.png (47KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Improved Magic.png
47KB, 1024x768px
Here is the magic tree I've created for this quest. So far, sky tribe is learning the wind affinity of elemental, but they only know one spell within it!
>>
>>102012
You better hurry up and make a decision for this turn before OP does it for you
>>
>>102012
Other two*
>>
>>102015
Ooh, Runology

Sounds fucking sweet
>>
>>101735
Tech: Horse breeding.
Action: Scout for good place to live.
>>
>>102015
That looks fucking sweet. Does magic count as tech culture or action?
>>
>>102048
Magic can be obtained either by learning it from spirits or other tribes. Spirit encounters will depend on what deities you worship or what you explore.
Also, if you scout, roll 1d100
>>
Rolled 13 (1d100)

>>102060
I scouted this turn, huh?
>>
Rolled 56 (1d100)

>>102060
>>
>>102068
Oh wait, nevermind. We're still on the last turn. I got confused.

Damn plains tribe, holding us up!
>>
>>102077
This was our master plan all along
>>
>>101873
i would like to join! i have done some of these cul evo's, which tribe can i join?
>>
>>102095
I think only one rep for each tribe is on right now
>>
File: PlainsTribeSheet-Turn4.png (47KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
PlainsTribeSheet-Turn4.png
47KB, 1024x768px
After the turmoil of the year before, the plains tribe chieftain and shaman decided that more horses were necessary to carry those crippled in the stampede. They chose the healthiest horses and tried to breed them to create a stronger and faster generation that may make traveling easier.

Scouts were sent out to look for a campsite to live at. Following the noise of running water, they found a river in the far northern borders of the plain, next to an ample supply of wild oats.
>>
>>102131
Turn 5 starts now, link your turn summaries here when you decided!
>>
>>102139
>>101736
>>
>>102139
I think I may be the only lake rep here, so if no one else comes along

Tech: Make musical instruments using reeds

Standard: Scout for new crops to diversify and appease the farmers
>>
>>102092
hey hey, ill be joining y'all i guess..
what are our plans? building a settlement at the river? it could be really cool if we discovered clay from the river to clay houses
>>
>>102131
Culture: People are taught to ride horses early in life and when a child is born they are assigned to a horse. When a horses rider dies it is executed and eaten.

Action: Start setting up a basic settlement near the river.
>>
>>102139

will there be any new tribes introduced?
>>
>>102189
Haven't you asked like 4 times now...?
>>
>>102207

This makes twice.

And both times you had smart something to say, you think you would know the answer..
>>
File: SkyTribeSheet-Turn5.png (51KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
SkyTribeSheet-Turn5.png
51KB, 1024x768px
>>102217
Eventually, I am planning on it, but not anytime soon. Also, it would depend on how many people are active.
>>102146
The sky tribe raised the goats in attempts to create goats with thicker fur and fatter meat! They tried milking the goats, but it was clear that dried moss was not the best material to store the milk they harvested.

With their newfound abilities in magic, the tribe decided that priests would now be decided on their magical affinity, as wind magic was surely a blessing from the great sky lord.
>>
>>102165
Our next tech action should be to make tools and weapons, then we can defend ourselves and build things more easily
>>
Any room for an og civ thread faggot
>>
>>102256
Our orgy a few turns ago is also bringing new players
>>
>>102256
Join us
>>
File: LakeTribeSheet-Turn5.png (42KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
LakeTribeSheet-Turn5.png
42KB, 1024x768px
>>102068
The Lake folk attempt to scout to look for new crops, but many stranded too far and ended up lost in the woods, never to return to the village. Some tribesmen wonder if they are still alive.

One reed farmer began chewing on his crop thinking it was sugarcane. When he heard wind blow out a hole he bit into, he found a pleasant sound! Reed flutes were introduced during the harvest festival, and music is becoming a wildly popular form of entertainment.
>>
>>102286
Ok fanm
>>
>>102296
>>101750
Here is the plan for next turn what do you think of it?
>>
>>102315
Yeah that sounds like a good idea.
>>
File: PlainsTribeSheet-Turn5.png (49KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
PlainsTribeSheet-Turn5.png
49KB, 1024x768px
The plains chief decided to settle down by the river, setting up the horse-skin tents and campfire to heal his hunters and nurture the children. The tribe experienced a minor population boost from the settlement.

Young horses are now given to children in hopes they will grow to be expert riders. An oath is sworn to the horse that if the spirits take away a tribesman, then his horse will be consumed as a last gift to the tribe from the tribesman.

TURN 6 START, and a GLOBAL EVENT TOO!
>>
>>102352
I say we start building boats
>>
>>102361
We have rafts. I was going to start using them, but the farmers could get pissed if we don't work towards their interests at all. Almost every decision we've made so far has benefited this new fishermen class.
>>
>>102365
Alright then, since we're pretty much surrounded by water, should we make some rice paddies, or crusteacean farms?
>>
>>102377
So far all we have to grow are berries, sugarcane, and the papyrus reeds we found. I was scouting so we could go find some new shit to plant.

For tech how about using the papyrus to make paper? Record our crop and shit.
>>
>>102398
I was thinking along the lines of inventing manure, or compost, so that there's a spike in food production and thus a pop growth.
>>
File: Scenario2.png (28KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
Scenario2.png
28KB, 1000x600px
Event 2: Meteor Strike!

A large meteor travels across the land and crashes at the river border of all three tribelands!

The sky tribe witnesses it as a sign from the sky gods, but they are still hesitant to enter the lower treeline and what lies beyond.

The plains tribe sees it as a star-spirit visiting earth, and are intrigued if the visit was meant for them.

The lake tribe are freaked out by the encounter, but the direction of the comet seems to be headed towards the river, and with their new boats, they could explore what lies within?

If you choose to explore the meteor, it will cost one EVENT MOVE. Encounters with others who are searching may result in conflict if you wish to take it all, or resolution if you choose to share the bounty. BE WARNED that your success will depend on the men and resources at your disposal, and being the sole owner of the meteor may provide something extremely rewarding!
>>
>>102413
CLAIM ALL THE METEORS ON WATER, IF ANYONE TRIES ANYTHING FUNNY, ATLATL SPEAR TO THE FACE!
>>
>>102413
Poor sky tribe.
>>
>>99999
>>100000
Let's hear their opinions
>>
>>102425
So, check meteor and make paper this turn?
>>
>>102459
ye
>>
>>102413
um... im a new member of the plain tribe but since there isnt anyone form the plains tribe rn i say we ride with around 6 people to the meteor with 3 horses or so.... and maybe try to make clay houses from the river clay by making a wooden skeleton, weaving twigs in it and smearing clay between them and let it harden...
>>
>>102540
We should make weapons and check the meteor
>>
>>102413
I say we ignore the meteor, we don't have any transportation method and I'd rather not take such a huge risk for an unknown reward.

Actions:

The rite for children of the Sky tribe to be initiated as adults is to spend one year with the other part of the tribe(so lowlanders go to the highlands, and highlanders go to the lowlands), then, they will be allowed to choose where do they wish to remain for the rest of their lives, although their decision must be approved by the High Priest(so we don't get things like weaklings remaining with the lowlanders and talented warriors remaining in the highlands).

Children with magical aptitudes will bypass this rite, instead they will be kidnapped and raised by the priesthood, they will be taught everything pertaining to magic, carrying out our religious ceremonies, pleasing the Sky gods and whatever else our Priests do.

If this is considered one cultural action and not two, then try to find a way to use goat pelts to store things(in this case, goat milk).
>>
>>102559
sure, what kind of weapons tho? kinda want bows on our horses but that is too far away i guess, maybe just spears, or clubs to knock people on the ground from our horsies
>>
>>102413
Plains

Tech: Create weapons and tools

Action: A scouting party checks the meteorite, make sure to bring weapons and a few horses for quick transportation.

Rest of plains tribesman good with this?
>>
Since the meteor is a big decision, I will wait another 15 minutes. Remember, this turn you get
> 1 EVENT TURN (if you choose to explore meteor)
> 1 Standard Turn
> 1 Tribal Bonus Turn

Plan accordingly and then let me know, I will update in then!
>>
>>102571
We've been wanting to make weapons and tools for a while now. Just spears and axes for the time being, archers a bit further in the timeline once we've finished the basics
>>
>>102574
>>102573
oh, so create weapons/tools, scout the meteor and fishing in the river or so?
>>
>>102574
I say we also research crusteacean farms, that the farners have control of.
Take only the meteors that have landed on water.
>>
>>102574
Oh, so exploring the meteor is a free action?

In that case then send a priest, let's see if he can get to the meteor before anyone else by using the gust of wind to propel himself through the skies, if he can do so successfully then send a party made of the strongest and most expert foragers of the lowlanders behind him to help him secure the meteor and secure whatever is inside of it.
>>
>>102585
Are you sure? That seems more the fishermen's domain. Also I don't want to double up on tech on a turn if I can help it. How about a culture action?
>>
>>102574
OP I've been wanting to ask for a while, what weapons to we currently have?
>>
>>102595
Okay
We organize a lake ritual in which we use our flutes and dance moves to appease Revena, the goddess of the river, if we're really good we're also given a gift.
>>
>>102604
>fat men dancing
come over to the plains some time and perform your ritual. I could use a good laugh
>>
>>102604
I don't think we believe in any gods. We can expand our festivities to include music and dance, though.
>>
>>102579
Maybe we could use our action to talk to the spirits and learn some magic from them
>>
>>102609
>atheists
>in a world where people learn magic from spirits and gods
Stay pleb lake tribe
>>
>>102618
oh didnt know that was an option lol, yeah it would be dope to get some magic going (dont we have roll or something)
>>
>>102608
N-not all of us are fat, you uncivilized plainiggers.
>>102609
dis>>102620
>>
>>102620
Well, the OP pic says secular. I guess we believe in them, but just don't worship any specific spirits or gods?
>>
>>102632
We're secular, yet almost everyone adheres to a faith, I think we should have water deities.
>>
>>102601
Sorry, was eating. The only weapons you guys have are wooden spears that are also used as spitroasts
>>
>>102652
Ok thank you. So for this round

Tech: create more advance our weapons and tools. (create axes, and make spears more deadly by strapping sharp flint on the end)

Action: Using our shaman perform a ritual to talk to the spirits and learn magic.

Event: Send a scouting party with weapons and horses (for quick transport) to investigate the meteor.
>>
File: mapaa.png (34KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
mapaa.png
34KB, 1024x768px
>>102670
>>102652
made this maybe inacurate map of the plain camp, the dark green is land that is overflowed regulary the light green is the yearly overflowed part, didnt know how many horses we had so just made 6, and 6 tents with 5 in each wich kinda makes sense.. (if anyone needs more maps or so just ask me i guesssss...)
>>
>>102700
Hey, that's pretty good.
>>
What is the lake tribe's move?
>>
>>102765
Okay OP, I think I got it

Event: Send as many atlatl wielding men in boats as we can get to the meteor

Tech: Paper

Culture: Expand festivities with music and dance, pray to water spirits
>>
File: 2OFUbA1.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
2OFUbA1.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>102763
>>
File: PlainsTribeSheet-Turn6.png (49KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
PlainsTribeSheet-Turn6.png
49KB, 1024x768px
The plains shaman, in response to the meteor, decides to communicate with the spirits for the first time. He used a fire ritual, burning sweetroot to create wisps of smoke. The smoke grew into a figure of a spirit. The figure addressed to the shaman that he would teach him the fundamentals of fire elemental magic as long as the tribe burned a regular animal sacrifice every month.

The men of the plains tribe attached flint at the end of their spears and embedded them in dry sticks to have makeshift axes. With their weapons, the chief took five trusted men with him and together they rode with all the tribes horses to investigate the meteor.
>>102700
Heavily encourage art, it makes this more fun for everyone!
>>
>>102763
i know that we are a traveling tribe but maybe we can make 1 or 2 year lasting camps so we can possibly grow sweetroot and have more babies just an idea
>>
File: SkyTribeSheet-Turn6.png (53KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
SkyTribeSheet-Turn6.png
53KB, 1024x768px
>>102811
One sky priest used his wind gust ability to quickly traverse the extreme lowlands and came back with news of the meteor. He noted its exact location and described its solid and shiny nature, and a glowing light that appeared to be coming from within. It was then decided that a group of ten lowlanders equipped with stone hammers would explore where the meteor was, and bring it back to the mountain.

Children are fostered by both elevation neighborhoods in order to gauge the proper role he will fill in the tribe. If the child is magically apt, he will instead be trained for priesthood.
>>
>>102886
Tech: Use goat pelts to store things, goat milk being one of the foremost priorities.

Culture: The highest points of the mountains are sacred places, temples, offerings and prayers to the gods must be located in them or nearby, each temple will be assigned one priest, tasked with carrying out all rituals necessary to keep the gods happy and ensure the prosperity of our tribe, regularly make offerings to the gods in times of agricultural surplus.
>>
File: LakeTribeSheet-Turn6.png (46KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
LakeTribeSheet-Turn6.png
46KB, 1024x768px
Intrigued by the meteor, a group of fishermen grab their atlatls and head down the shore south to the mouth of the river and inland to find the meteor.

Paper is made from the reeds in order to record counts of sugarcane, berries, and fish the village has. Markings are made with berry juice, and figures are written in ticks for each food item.

Tribespeople also incorporate some singing and dancing to the music of reed flutes in celebration of a crop season. Some more superstitious tribespeople are convinced the festivities please the water spirits in the lake, and will give them a good crop output the following year.

My next post will finally involve the meteor encounter!
>>
>>102964
Forgot one of our culture developments, OP
>>
File: LakeTribeSheet-Turn6.png (48KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
LakeTribeSheet-Turn6.png
48KB, 1024x768px
>>102971
No I didn't I was just testing you
thanks
>>
>>102964
Yes OP pls fix>>102971

Due to our massive sugarcane production, it's becoming hard to uproot the sugarcanes, so we invent a type of machete that can ve used for war/agriculture.
That also leads to another cultural development, both sides pick a champion and arm them with blunt ceremonial machetes, whichever side wins has more control over the other.
>>
>>102995
I don't think we have a material we can make those out of yet
>>
File: macuahuitl.jpg (28KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
macuahuitl.jpg
28KB, 600x600px
>>103005
How about weapons like pic rel? Or stone clubs?
>>
>>103031
As far as I know, we don't have any stone. Only Sky tribe does.
>>
>>103037
I mean stone and wood should be available for all tribes, I mean they are too common to not be known by any faction.
>>
>>103031
Those things use Volcanic stone, good luck finding it and then learning how to shape it.
>>
>>103043
ik
I say we make them out of regular stone, a more crude version of a macuahuitl
>>
>>102763
what should we do next? fishing? monthly fire spirit feasts?
>>
>>103050
>>103042
Still, you don't even know how to shape stone.
>>
>>103056
We don't have to shape stone, just add sharp rocks we find
>>
>>103070
You might as well just stick(hahahaha) with spears.
>>
>>103070
It honestly sounds like a waste of time to do that when we could be scouting for materials that we can use to make non-shitty things
>>
>>103081
I mean we have an awesome ranged weapon, and if we face off with anyone about the meteor we'll have a serious melee disadvantage
>>
>>103051
Obviously we will need to keep sacrificing and learn from the fire magic, this will help defend us as well as use little resources. However due to the nature of the magic, only the shaman and the most trusted veteran warriors will be able to learn about it. No one else. Our monthly animal will be a prairie dog, we need the horses
>>
>>103051
I was also thinking of building some kind of farm. Keeping the horses in pens to make sure they don't escape and can breed, as well as being able to use agriculture
>>
>>103095
The meteor event is already happening, so I don't know why you intend on making some subpar melee weapons for a potential conflict that will already have passed. They won't be much help. Like I said, we're better off scouting for more resources.
>>
>>103121
k
>>
>>103109
so make a camp that stays a few years (or forever)? could be good since we can cultivate the grounds that get overflowed once a year and we can plant the sweetroot plants and stuff. so what is the action?
>>
>>103135
One of our cultural moves we made earlier was to only leave the land when either a shaman dies, or we have used up all the resources
>>
>>103143
ah okay makes sense now
>>
Sorry for the wait boys, have to think about how I wanna structure this. But without further ado, its showdown time!

The sky tribe, having had a priest scout the area, were first to find the meteor. They found shiny rocks in huge fragments surrounding the impact, and wondered if they could use such material in their hammers! As they were gathering the rocks, the riders of the plains tribe came to see the glowing rock, and were surprised by a group of lanky, goatskin moss wearing hammermen. Not too soon after, the fleet of the lake tribe came down armed with their atlatls. Each group eyed at each other, and the eerie glow that comes from inside the rock.

Sky Tribe = 20 (10 men)
Plains Tribe = 18 (6 men)
Lake Tribe = 24 (12 men)

Bonuses:
> Horses +1/person
> Atlatls/Spears +1/person
> Axes +1/person
Roll 3d6 if attacking. Every loss is -2 men

Or you can negotiate if you want.
>>
File: Showdown!.png (50KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Showdown!.png
50KB, 1024x768px
>>103164
FORGOT THE PIC AGAIN ARGHH
>>
>>103164
So does anyone want to negotiate?
>>
File: Showdown!.png (62KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Showdown!.png
62KB, 1024x768px
>>103169
whats inside??
>>
>>103169
We'll take the huge meteor on the water, you guys would be able to take it anyway.
>>
>>103179
like you can carry them in your small boats lol
>>
>>103179
Let's negotiate, buddy
>>
>>103164
I'm willing to negotiate, but will fight if pressed. What say the other tribes?
>>
>>103182
We have ropes, rafts and willing fatasses, a small meteor is nothing.
>>
>>103185
Agreed, let's begin negotiations
>>
Rolled 2 (1d10)

>>103164
Try to hide as many rocks as we can, then negotiate.

[Rolling to see how successful our perfidiousness is]
>>
>>103204
Put the rocks back faggot, we are going to negotiate this.
>>
Let's us break the meteor apart we have hammers transport will be easier this way
>>
How about we all try and open the rock, see what's inside and then decide who takes what
>>
>>103215
Yes, first thing's first, we will see what lies within.
>>
>>103195
>>103192
>>103215
everyone takes 1/3 of the meteor...?
>>
>>103219
Agreed
>>103223
I propose we take the waterbound meteor
>>
>>103223
Yes, of course
>>
>>103226
Well, that may contain the most valuable part. We should be willing to let the other tribes see before we make final arrangements.
>>
>>103226
not everything water related is yours
>>
>>103223
See what's inside first
>>
>>103235
Let them, it's ok
>>103238
no u
>>
Sky tribe, you have the tools. Open the meteor
>>
>>103255
If they try to pull of any tricks we attack them, k?
>>
File: southpark.jpg (55KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
southpark.jpg
55KB, 1440x1080px
>>103259
Yeah. Let's face it, this is really about you and me getting meteorites. The rest are there to simply help us get through those doors
>>
>>103169
>>103178
>>103255
Go to the hill, come back with one priest later to seize the meteor for ourselves, it was a gift of the Sky gods to us, we can't allow the heathens to have it!
>>
>>103272
We do have the better armies, if they are good boys they can take a chunk or two.
>>
File: MysteriousContents.png (41KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
MysteriousContents.png
41KB, 1024x768px
The three tribes decide to be civil and lug the meteor shorebound using thick, mossy rope provided by the sky tribe. With their chisels and hammers, the mountain folk managed to get the meteor open in half, revealing the source of the light.

The inside of the meteor was a smooth, shiny red like color. One of the horsemen poked the inside with his spear, only to get a sizzling sound and see his flint quickly melting away. The material would be ideal for any tool that can hack, cut, or boil.

But everyone's attention turned to the single undamaged item inside... an egg? Each tribe didn't know what to make of it. The sky tribe wondered if the sky lord lost his child on their world, and the plains tribe found their suspicions of a star-spirit entering confirmed. The lake tribe had mixed emotions: some were thinking it would make a tasty omelet, but others reflected that if the egg was as large as themselves, what must be the size of what it grows to be...
>>
>>103299
One tribe gets the egg, the other two split the material.

Now who's it gonna be?
>>
>>103272
Welp, it seems we had our "negotiations", let's end those skyfags
>>
>>103299
Call for a Sky Priest immediately, he will know what to do.
>>
>>103307
Or

ALL OUT WAR
>>
>>103294
We the lake tribe and us just formed an alliance to stop you. Do you really want to do this
>>
>>103313
>>103299
>>103308
What I said didn't take place, otherwise we wouldn't have pried open the meteorite.
>>
>>103307
I hate to say this but let us have the material and get away
>>
>>103312
You think we're scared of you you're scared of the fucking ground
>>
Rolled 6, 4, 2 = 12 (3d6)

>>103315
Nice damage control. Attack the Skyfaggots
>>
Rolled 5, 6, 3 = 14 (3d6)

>>103321
Defend ourselves.
>>
Rolled 2, 6, 2 = 10 (3d6)

>>103325
another one
>>
Rolled 3, 3, 2 = 8 (3d6)

>>103325
swat the skygnats with superior atlatls
>>
>>103321
This matirial belongs to the planes tribe! It was sent to us by the stars!
>>
>>103328
>Not waiting it out
Ishygddt

We should have just negotiated, anyway
>>
>>103332
Fight with us, mouse!
>>
>>103333
Nice quads, now, what say we kill these sky fags, we get the egg and 1/3 of the material, and you get the rest?
>>
>>103342
You know only one of the rolls of each tribe is taken into account, right?
>>
>>103321
>>103325
Plains 12 (+18) = 30
Sky 14 (+18) = 32

The plains tribe is overwhelmed by the superior number of the lowlanders. Two men fall and are hacked to death
changed my mind, every loss is -1 to be fair to plains tribe
>>
>>103333
Checked
If we remove the retarded skyhippies that means more loot for us and friendlier relations with the plains.
>>
Rolled 5, 3, 3 = 11 (3d6)

>>103342
Die mountain dweller!
>>
Rolled 1, 5, 1 = 7 (3d6)

Defend ourselves from the violent heathens!
>>
>>103344
>>103347
How about we keep the material, and you keep the egg. You heathens need a god to worship anyway.
>>
>>103346
Did you count our rolls, we're fighting with the plains.
>>
>>103349
>>103346
Oops, sorry.
>>
>>103344
We were willing to share among all three, but I'm not willing to lose men to such rashness

>>103347
Only if we either get all the material, or the egg
>>
Rolled 5, 4, 4 = 13 (3d6)

>>103356
Show this bitch why he was afraid of the ground
>>
>>103359
With, not against.
>>
>>103357
We have gods, but we want the material
we split the material and keep the egg under protection by both parties, because we don't know what might hatch
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>103346
>>103366
Send the fastest man up to the hills to get the aid of the Priest.
>>
Rolled 5, 4, 2 = 11 (3d6)

>>103356
Remove the skygays
>>103367
exactly
>>
>>103369
I don't think it works that way. We're probably too far for that to be workable, one tribe has to take the egg.
>>
>>103380
We can make a temporary settlement only for the egg, a neutral temple of sorts.
>>
>>103380
>>103369
We will negotiate further once the skyfaggots are dealt with
>>
Ok everyones going too fast, roll again in order now.

I am starting from>>103346
>>
>>103380
We keep egg, and share material. after all, you need us to keep you safe from what might be in the egg!
>>
Rolled 2, 1, 1 = 4 (3d6)

>>103393
We try to retreat, they outnumber us.
>>
Rolled 3, 4, 5 = 12 (3d6)

>>103393
remember to count the first lake roll
>>
>>103397
failed roll, you can choose to stay and negotiate or stand and fight
>>
>>103395
Oh no no no, you're not weaseling your way into getting both the egg and some material. It's one or the other, buddy.
>>
Negotiations in this part shouldnt really happen

Not while the fights going on
>>
>>103388
A temple on the border could work, mutual worship of the egg. Also, we split the material 50/50.
>>
>>103406
If it's one or the other, we want the material. Not the egg
>>
Rolled 4, 2, 2 = 8 (3d6)

>>103408
I personally accept these terms.
>>103395
roll
>>
Rolled 1, 6, 1 = 8 (3d6)

>>103405
They're the ones that attacked us first, I doubt they would accept further negotiation.

Defend ourselves, but make it clear that we no longer wish to get the material, we only want to get away with our lives now.
>>
>>103418
Chat shit, get banged
>>
>>103426
? you were the ones that attacked first, you wouldn't even know what we were planning, you basically attacked us for meta purposes.
>>
>>103415
>>103417
Let the cowards flee. The last thing we want is to get lost in their mountains.
>>
>>103418
You get into a defensive position, and get a +2 to combat for as long as you are in the position.
>>
>>103426
Oooooooh metagamiiiiiing
>>
>>103432
They're defending, not fleeing, personally making their hammers our tech seems nice
>>
>>103417
We would be at an inherent disadvantage if we did that. They are nomadic and move around as they please, while we rarely leave our village. They would essentially control the temple, so they'd get half of the material, and the most benefit out of whatever hatched. We'd be shooting ourselves in the foot. I'd rather let them have the material and take the egg outright.
>>
>>103434
Pray to the Sky gods for aid and hope the prayers gets to one of our priests.
>>
>>103439
Good point, double team?
>>
>>103431
I will call off my attack. If you round up your three most respected tribesman (male or female) and let me fuck them to near death in front of all your tribe. Then the lake tribe does the same
>>
>>103446
Quit being a retarded edgy faggot.
>>
>>103446
We pay no heed to underage individuals.
>>
>>103446
Wow! Such wize! Very strength!
>>
>>103443
Actually, their shaman is not old, so we have enough time until the egg is hatched.
>>
>>103431
>>103437
>all three tribes are gathered in close proximity to the meteor
>one faggot in the sky tribe yells something about getting the priests and that we are heathens
>The lake tribe and us just made a pact to deal with you if you try something funny

So meta. What was I suppose to do
>>
>>103458
What?
>>
>>103294
>>103459
When did I say he yelled that?
>>
Guys I'm back and now that I'm all caught up, we have HORSES and SPEARS with sharp edges, we can dominate, we demand a tribute at LEAST half the material and not the egg. If you concede now we will let you go. If no agreeing we will kill you all
>>
>>103454
>>103455
>>103456
Fine, no more stupid jokes. the rest was serious though
>>
>>103459
> with you
Check the ID, im unaligned, dont care enough to join any one

Just saying this fight feels bullshit
>>
>>103461
They are only migratory when the shaman dies so it's going to take sometime until they migrate again.
>>
>>103463
>>103459
Also, the plan was for everybody from the Sky tribe to silently retreat so you couldn't pry open the meteor, and who would attack us just for retreating?
>>
>>103294
>>103463

It was just after the pact was made
>>
>>103464
Hellos
>>
>>103485
>>103475
And you made a pact for any sneaky plan of us, why would you guys fucking attack us for retreating?
>>
>>103474
I'd rather have the creature that hatches be our tribe's guardian in our village proper. I don't know what you're expecting to get from this border temple plan.
>>
>>103489
I'm serious dude like what weapons do the others have? Let's play nice unless they don't give us the material,
>>
Personally, I did feel this whole fight was dumb and shouldn't have happened, but what are you gonna do?
>>
>>103492
>>103415
Didn't we say this?
>>
>>103492
Taming animals is hard, there's a 50/50 chance we're slaughtered by the beast, best left in solitude
>>
>>103400
>>103417
>>103418
Lake 8(+24) =32
Plains 12(+12) =24

vs

Sky 8(+22) =30

Two sky tribe members are gored by cane spears while distracted by the trotting horsemen.

If you guys reach a consensus, or battle again, link to THIS POST.
>>
>>103501
I'd give us better chances considering it would be raised from an egg, but even so, I'd take those chances over a 100% chance of getting fucking nothing.
>>
>>103501
If my tribe keep material, I go with you to train the beast.
>>
If the sky tribe retreats now, we and the lake tribe will let you live.
>>
>>103514
There's an idea, we could trade for domestication with our new friends.
>>
>>103506
We would get half the material, and the egg would be protected by representatives of both parties, ther's nothing wrong with that.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>103503
Flee! take the tools of our fallen comrades to ensure they don't get them, we'll come back later to bury them.
>>
>>103523
Now that that's taken care of, negotiations.
>>
>>103522
If we do that, they will get more out of it than us. They're the ones who can just ride their entire tribe over on horses any time they like. We've got to stay where we are, we're at an inherent disadvantage.
>>
>>103542
>>103522
Reiterating>>103514
>>
>>103523
A horse rider cuts you off, though you aren't sure why they want to keep you here anymore. Perhaps if you ask they will let you go freely?
>>
>>103549
We already said they could >>103520
>>
Fine then, we take the egg, but the plains help us tame the creature.
>>
File: 1460507099881.gif (986KB, 155x155px) Image search: [Google]
1460507099881.gif
986KB, 155x155px
>>
>>103491
>>103523
Sorry, I understand now. The post where you said to retreat also replied to me, so I just assumed you were talking to everyone.
>>
>>103556
>>103549
That said, if you cross us, I will fong you
Your entrails shall become your ex trails
Your extrails, in
Glarble- PAIN! LOTS OF PAIN!
>>
I am here for KFC mc bites
>>
>>103564
So what's the plan then? You take the egg and us the material? Or we share the egg and split the material?
>>
>>103564
>>103521
>>103514
>>103415
>>103549
It would seem we've come to a consensus.
>>
>>103585
You take the material, we take the egg, but you have to teach us how to domesticate animals in preparation of the creature's hatching so we may tame it
>>
>>103585
We take the egg, you the material, you help us tame the creature though.
>>
Still room in sky tribe? Yes this is me from earlier.
>>
>>103595
Ok. But we can't teach you to tame an animal any larger than a horse
>>
>>103568
>>103549
So, OP, it has been confirmed that the attack was caused by a misunderstanding, could we retcon the battle and the deaths that have happened?

The negotiations between the Plain and Lake tribe would still apply since our men would leave the place.
>>
>>103606
>>103549
I agree. It was just an awkward waste of time
>>
>>103614
>>103606
>>103572 my threat still stands tho.
>>
>>103603
>>103606
Jesus what happened while I was gone. A meteor, an egg and a misunderstanding war, It sounds like a shitty childrens novel.
>>
>>103628
Truly your presence calms us all.
>>
>>103316
If we would have done this thing would have been fine
>>
The sky tribe sneaks away after opening the meteor with the majority of the outer fragments.

The plains tribe and lake tribe agree to split the red material and egg between the two respectively. The lake tribe holds onto the egg with the condition that the plains tribe teaches them domestication.

Does this work with everyone? I got a bit lost haha
>>
>>103673
That sound about right.
>>
>>103673
Sounds good to me, OP
>>
>>103673
woah bro, well help them tame the creature, but we wont teach them domestication
>>
>>103673
We keep all the material
>>
>>103681
What the hell do they have to domesticate, fish?
>>
>>103681
I don't want you near the creature once it hatches

We will be the ones to tame it, not you
>>
>>103673
Sounds about right.

Also, send a priest to try to scout where the egg is, keep an eye on it in case some unholy monstrosity comes out of it.

Our artisans begin working on learning how to shape the fragments, they could come useful later.
>>
I agree to these conditions
>>
>>103689
listen bro you wanna brodown? Bro we got fucking stone spears bro, what you got? pointy sugar cane? youre so fucking fat you eat your own weapons! Were nomads, hunters, and youre just fat prey
>>
>>103681
If the creature becomes larger than a horse it can't be tamed
>>
Just got off school, what'd I miss?
>>
>>103673
I think the negotiation was. Plains tribe keep material, Lake tribe get egg. Plains tribe teaches lake tribe domestication, but the creature can't be domesticated if it's larger than a horse.
>>
>>103699
Shut up before you drag us into a fight, even if we win there will be casualties.

Holy shit! That sounded down right philosophical.
>>
I miss Plainsfgt, he knew how to get shit done.
>>
>>103699
>>103673
Excellent point, op, you forgot to count our stone spears.
>>
>>103732
They were counted, check the numbers.
>>
>>102811
Bloop, flint spears and axes.
>>
>>103739
Yes, but the points were given to the sky tribe by mistake>>103164
>>
>>103761
Plains tribe should have received the bonus for both the axes and the horses
>>
>>103761
Sky tribe had their stone weapons, and we had our spears, so we got the x2 multiplier. You guys had horses and weapons, so you got a x3 multiplier.
>>
>>103767
They did.

6*3=18

and they did take your spears into account, 12*2=24
>>
>>103774
Derp
>>
>>102148
I work during the day, so I'll only be here during the night.
>>
File: Resolution.png (32KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Resolution.png
32KB, 1024x768px
EVENT TURN SUMMARY:

The three tribes, after having discovered the contents of the meteor, ended up taking different parts. The sky people, intimidated by the numbers of the other tribes, quickly snuck while the tribes were distracted with the outer fragments of the meteor. They agreed that one priest will keep an eye on the egg even though its in the lake tribe's custody.

The plains tribe has ownership over all the material, whereas the lake tribe will keep the egg. They agree that the plains tribe will help the lake tribe tame the creature until it becomes bigger than a horse.

With all that resolved, the three tribes return to their homes with bounty, and celebrate upon the riches the heaven provided them.

In the future, combat will only be initiated by directly replying to me and the person you wish to attack. I will process them all as separate turns.

Turn 7 will link here, and I'm off for the day! See you tomorrow!
>>
>>103798
Thanks for resolving the clusterfuck of negotiations OP
>>
>>103798
do note that the plains tribesman probably has his hands boiling holding that material. Also, the plains tribe can probably give it a name since I haven't!
>>
>>102638
Maybe we are naturalistic "pantheists".
>>
I suggest starting a warrior culture.
>>
Rolled 33 (1d100)

>>103798
I EAT THE EGG!
>>
>>103816
Firerock
>>
>>103879
I'm sure that was delicious.
>>
Any room for another?
>>
That meteor negotiation was dumb. If it weren't for the final negotiation where we ended up settling for materials I'd say I wanted to join the sky tribe instead

Spiritsdamnit you guys. That embarassed me.
>>
>>104019
were the goddamn horseriding speartoting mongols. We dont negotiate, you either surrender and we take a fair share and nobody dies, or our enemy is gone
>>
>>104112
You know, that thinking of yours is gonna get us all killed one day.
>>
>>103699
Dude, how are horsemen with spears going to defeat raftmen with atlatls, in the water?
>>
Is OP kill?
>>
>>104112
>>103724
My vote is for 1 (tech/action) to be spent on the upgraded weapons.
>>
>>107115
And 1 action spent getting more horsez.
>>
>>107142
>>107115
>>103816
Dese.
>>
where is OP ?
>>
>>107172
R.I.P. OP
>>
>>107277
>>107017
Op not dead

Does everyone have their turns ready?
>>
>>107323
>102911
>>
>>107323
Tech: More advanced structures than wood leaned against each other

Standard: Build a place that the egg can be kept and cared for
>>
>>107334
>>102911
I mean
>>
>>107342
Specify what you want in tech. How are you going to build advanced structures?
>>
>>107360
Well, from what I see right now, we are basiclly just leaning wood against each other. Now that we have the reeds, we might be able to kind of tie wood in place to keep it upright, giving us more options. Basically, I want to incorporate the use of the reeds into our buildings to improve them however we can
>>
Rip
>>
Plains tribe, have you decided your move yet?
>>
God damn it plains tribe, we'd be going at a great pace if you weren't holding us up
>>
>>107434
Tech: how to forge with the red stuff
Action: catch more horsez
>>
>>107617
Possibly soften the fire rock, in the fire.
>>
>>107628
And hit it with a rock, on a rock.
>>
>>107633
>>107628
>>107617
Haha! Forgot my name! Derp!
>>
>>107642
>>107434
Yeah, I've decided inot my allies absence.
>>
File: SkyTribeSheet-Turn7.png (58KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
SkyTribeSheet-Turn7.png
58KB, 1024x768px
The sky tribe used goat pelts that were leftover from clothing to fasten pouches. Although they were too small to carry any food item, they are excellent for carrying liquids such as goat milk!

The priests decide that temples should be established at the summit of mountains. They instructed builders to carve out caves near the highest point of the mountain, decorating the exterior with moss and and goat bones. The sky lord is pleased with the move, and promises improved magical abilities within the next year!
>>
>>107673
I just realized that the sky people eat raw goat meat. Eww.
>>
>>107681
It's probably mutton too. Double eww.
>>
>>107692
>>107681
Goddamm names.
>>
File: LakeTribeSheet-Turn7.png (47KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
LakeTribeSheet-Turn7.png
47KB, 1024x768px
One lake tribe farmer peeled the long layers of a reed, and found that by twisting these layers, a strong rope would be formed! The tribe immediately began using this rope to create better formed houses, although they couldn't have too many as trees were uneven in size, causing the reed thatched roof to come off in clunky angles.

The egg was placed in a secretive location, guarded by atlatl guards who make sure it isn't taken. To the disappointment (and relief) of the tribe, the egg has made no movements so far.
>>
>>107708
Wait, so what are we using for clothes, OP? I don't think it was specified.
>>
>>107723
Hopey ship the land whales where naked, my minds eye!
>>
The plains chief tried again and again to beat the firerock into pointy shapes for their spears, but their flint axes ended more beat up that the material! The tribe hid it in one of their leather huts until they thought of an alternative material that might force it into shape.

The chief led an expedition to claim more horses. The tribe now has ten horses, having captured four this year.

Turn 8 starts now, link here!
>>
File: PlainsTribeSheet-Turn7.png (48KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
PlainsTribeSheet-Turn7.png
48KB, 1024x768px
>>107760
fuckkk
>>
>>107723
I originally planned them to wear reed clothes, but you hadn't discovered them before, so they must be wearing leafy skirts in the beginning
>>
Rolled 35 (1d100)

>>107760
Culture: Low land warriors pray to the wind spirits and ask them for protection by carving clouds on the trees at the border of the tree line.
Action: Search for Elk.
>>
>>107760
All right, we need to get something better, action, go to sky people, with, 4 horse riders, ask for trade, the secrets of fire, for hammers.
Tech: hempen string made from grasses
>>
Rolled 63 (1d100)

>>107760
Gonna keep this rolling, if any other lakebros come on, feel free to chip in with your opinion, but if not, I'll call the actions

Tech: Make clothes from reedslike we were apparently supposed to have all along also sandals. And hats.

Standard: Scout for new things to grow again
>>
>>107768
Done deal at the condition of getting some small amount of meteorite material.
>>
>>107768
>>107767
Woops, the sky person should probably be told as well.
>>
>>107788
You may have a single firerock. And youit's never attack our land.
>>
>>107799
Reciprocity of that (it's not like horses would be useful on mountains, so it's an harmless deal on your side)
>>
>>107809
Deal
>>107764
>>107768
OP the sky tribe has agreed to trade hammers for the secrets of fire and a single fire rock.
>>
>>107809
>>107799
I am back.
>>
>>107828
Pray I don't alter the deal further.
>>
>>107809
>>107824
A trade requires an action move from both tribes
>>
>>107835
?
>>
>>107840
>>107828
>>107809
Can you put your elk on hold for this?
>>
>>107840
Changing the action for the trade then.
>>107835
if that's ok with you.
>>
>>107846
>>107850
I'll think about it, although just one piece of meteorite is not very attractive, and we don't really need fire right now, we can eat the shit we have raw for now.
>>
>>107850
Yes that's great, thank you.>>107840
Did.
>>
>>107850

I meant you >>107844
>>
>>107855
We could pick smiting earlier which could be great
>>
>>107855
Fire is for more than just cooking, it could heat your snowy mountains, and it has other uses yet to be discovered I'm sure.
>>
>>107863
We don't even extract Iron or any metals right now, why would we need to get it right now?

>>107867
Eh, our people are pretty much used to the cold now.
>>
>>107870
Most importantly, the extra time each night is extremely useful. It took a long think to decide to offer it.
>>
>>107870
We could probably make some ancient tattoos with the charcoal we could obtain with it and with the tattoos maybe some runic magic (and it would a free culture action at the next turn)
>>
>>107877
Names, a lot harder to keep track of than one would think.
>>
>>107878
>>107877
Fine then, let's accept this deal, we will get Elk next turn.
>>
>>107883
>>107840
Woot!
>>
>>107760
OK our actions for this turn Trade
and Culture: Low land warriors pray to the wind spirits and ask them for protection by carving clouds on the trees at the border of the tree line.
>>
File: LakeTribeSheet-Turn8.png (49KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
LakeTribeSheet-Turn8.png
49KB, 1024x768px
While wandering the woods, one young farmer was led by a soft whistle and a trail of falling leaves towards a patch of short, minty leaves! The plant holds medicinal properties, minor bruises and pain within 24 hours of consumption! The farmer party grew bolstered by the discovery, and many farmers exclusively grow the crop to trade for food items!

Reed jackets, hats, and skirts were created to help guard the farmers and fishermen from the elements.
>>
>>107894
No sandles, that's too bad.
>>
File: PlainsTribeSheet-Turn8.png (48KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
PlainsTribeSheet-Turn8.png
48KB, 1024x768px
>>107894
Plains tribe is the last tribe to discover rope, though instead of using moss or reeds, they use the long stemmed grass of the plains! Compared to the other two tribes, their rope is the second strongest and second most flexible, ranking it a grade C for average.

The plains tribe also struck a deal with the sky tribe to trade stone hammers for fire rock. To the delight of the plains chief, the rocks are stronger than their simple flint tools, but multiple tools would be required to shape the metal into a desirable shape, as they dull with extended use.
>>
>>107883
Yep and elk mounted scouts in a few turns we have to get faster to be able to compete against horses and boats
>>
>>107921
>Scouts
I don't think we need those, our priests move a lot faster than anything else in the game.

Instead, Elk riders should be soldiers.
>>
>>107921
>>107928
Why don't you just, breed a riding goat?
>>
>>107928
Yeah, you are right.
>>
>>107915
Fire was in that trade, btw
>>
>>107933
Elk are faster and goats are small it would take quite a few turns to breed them to an acceptable size.
>>
>>107943
Damn, you saw right through my ruse.
>>
File: rider.jpg (78KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
rider.jpg
78KB, 640x425px
>>107933
Also almost a thing in real life (I say almost because that's a reindeer in the image)
>>
>>107915
Yeah, we also learnt how to make fire out of that deal.
>>
File: SkyTribeSheet-Turn8.png (57KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
SkyTribeSheet-Turn8.png
57KB, 1024x768px
The sky tribe, surprised to see the heathens who took the heavenly sky rock, agreed to trade their stone tools for more pieces of the heated metal. The priests keep it for the moment at the sky temple at the summit, where it keeps the cave at a comfortable temperature. In addition, the secrets of fire were transferred to the sky tribe.

The lowlanders, wishing to expand the sky's domain into the treeline, carve the image of the cloud into the trees. The sky lord, as promised, blessed the sky tribe with a secondary wind elemental spell: Thunder Quake! With the power of the sounds of the sky, the sky tribe is able to shake rocky foundations and topple manmade structures with a clap of their hands!
>>
>>107969
All right, now
Tech: glue
Action: search for useful grasses (along the lines of bamboo (which is a grass))
>>
>>107969
Should I reroll if I want to search for elk this turn
>>
File: Hatched!.png (14KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Hatched!.png
14KB, 640x480px
Congratulations Lake Tribe! Its a... well... you don't know what it is. As soon as it came cracking, you saw a scaly, eyeless head.... and then another... and then another! The three head seemed to be attached to a body with four legs, and the heads were scanning the area using slit-like noses.

The sky priest spy grew shocked, and immediately returned to the sky priest council to discuss the monstrosity. At the mountain summit, the priests are still deciding the course of action.

As per their agreement, a couple plains tribe members are staying with the lake tribe to help tame it. But with its newborn size the same as a small plains hog, it may not be long until they leave it to the lake tribe again...
>>
Rolled 5 (1d100)

>>107985
Rolling
>>
>>107997
>>107928
Let's ignore the monstrosity, if the sky spirits would have wanted us to have they would have sent it to our mountains.
>>
>>107997
What happens of you cut off, no, don't do that, it might die and then the lake tribe will be angry at us.
>>
Rolled 55 (1d100)

>>107997
Well. That's interesting. I guess we'll find out if this weird alien will be helpful.

In the meantime:

Tech: Try to make crab traps to catch crustaceans from the lake as a new food source

Action: Scout across the lake with our boats
>>
>>108018
When I suggested the action I got>>107985
Does that count?
>>
>>107997
>>108025
Let's try to eat it.
>>
>>108021
For the first year of its life, try to find out what it eats.
>>
>>108026
Scouting does require a roll, I'm afraid it counts

plains >>107985
lake >>108025
Still need sky
>>
Rolled 87 (1d100)

>>108163
Culture: Priests and warriors now all have tattoo an stylized tattoo of the moon,the sun and a cloud made with charcoal on their legs and arms
Action:We search for Elk.
>>
File: PlainsTribeSheet-Turn9.png (47KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
PlainsTribeSheet-Turn9.png
47KB, 1024x768px
After a particularly fierce campfire, the plains tribe noticed leftover pieces of wood were stuck together quite well. It was after taking it apart and burning it again they found that tar was a leftover product of an intense campfire! The plains tribe now has access to primitive adhesives, though what they will do with it, who knows?

The scouting expedition, unfortunately, ended disastorously. They somehow ended up lost in the woods, and without any view of the horizon, they grew extremely anxious. Screams were heard by some passing fishermen from the lake tribe, and both tribes independently acknowledged the forest as the Screaming Woods.
>>
File: LakeTribeSheet-Turn9.png (49KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
LakeTribeSheet-Turn9.png
49KB, 1024x768px
The lake tribe went out onto the lake, and ran into an island with life on it! However, the natives somehow painted magical runes that prevented entrance into the island, providing a neutral encounter for both ends

The tribe also created cages made from reeds, though nothing could have crawled into them because no crustaceans live in the bottom of the lake.
>>
The sky tribe found the image of a cloud spirit hovering over a field of elk. They took in the herd and are raising them in the highlands currently.

They also begin a cultural practice of tattooing their bodies with charcoal. Priests and warriors alike tattoo each other, though after profuse sweating the body art smears off, forcing them to completely cover their bodies in charcoal in order to have sharp body images.

Next post will be the third global event!
>>
File: SkyTribeSheet-Turn8.png (59KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
SkyTribeSheet-Turn8.png
59KB, 1024x768px
>>108419
uhhh
ok NOW next post is a global event
>>
good work OP
>>
>>108427
Event 3: New Frontiers!

This turn, the map of the world becomes larger! All three tribes can look farther into the mountains, horizon, and waters to find new lands, strange sights, and even strange faces!

The lake tribe finds another tribe, though they are quite to themselves and do not like to leave their island. Perhaps after a while they may warm up, but for the moment the island tribe are the sole rulers and guardians of the easter lake. This is now the time to unveil a new tribe if anyone wishes to join them, otherwise I will have turns played for them!
>>
File: NewTribe!.png (58KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
NewTribe!.png
58KB, 1024x768px
>>108451
EVERYFUCKNTIME
>>
File: New Addition!.png (18KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
New Addition!.png
18KB, 800x600px
>>108467
To the south, the plains tribe find their domain cut off by a huge ravine! Across they see a shining desert, full of sand dunes and humpbacked beasts. How will the nomads cross the ravine into the shining sand lands? Do they even care? Who knows?
>>
>>108493
Finally in the northwest, there lies volcanic ashlands! Will the sky tribe be willing to cross such bumpy terrain to go into the death lands where no trees grow? Perhaps they can scale the impossibly high volcano with the mountains of lava? We'll find out next time! I will probably create a new thread for next time, but until then, LINK YOUR TURNS HERE! Adios!
>>
File: volcano.png (25KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
volcano.png
25KB, 800x600px
>>108523
>>
Tech: Elk Domestication
Culture: Lowlanders now use chiselled Elk antlers as weapons.
>>
>>108523
>>108531
>>
Rolled 95 (1d100)

>>108523
Alright, if I don't get further input after this, then

Tech: Start using mint as a deodorizer and insect repellent. Makes you or your house smell nice, keeps insects away from you, your house, and your crops, and it has aromatheraputic effects as well

Standard: I would put interaction with the island tribe here, but they can't be accounted for since they may get claimed. So instead, scout again! We need more shit to use.
>>
Rolled 24, 79 = 103 (2d100)

>>108523
1st action:find bamboo
2nd action: explore ravine
>>
>>108555
I second this motion.
>>
>>108555
>Dose trips
>Dat roll

Oh, I can't wait. Better be something really good.
>>
>>108560
Gah, name
>>
>>108523
>>108531
>>108555
>>108560
OP, I know this was record time and all, but we're done.
>>
>>108576
Next turn we will essentially become mountain you (with magic ), So I kinda want us to work on a joint project afterwards: Archery ( We will search for obsidian for Arrowheads, While you search for birds) Then we will start woodcutting to make our bows and then you will start assembling the arrows. We can trade the knowledge and start a trade route to each have all the right materials, What do you think?
>>
>>108643
That sounds awesome.
>>
>>108643
Perfect, I will try to remind the plains tribe of this project next thread
>>
>>108659
>>108712
>>
>>108523
Please link to new thread.
>>
I want the island tribe
>>
>>108743
Make an apropos namefag, and suggest action.
>>
Wait, what is the tribe bonus movement?
>>
lurking on own thread sorry
>>108963
Ah forgot about that. Lets say it is culture.
I think I can get one more turn, will update in a minute
>>
File: LakeTribeSheet-Turn10.png (52KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
LakeTribeSheet-Turn10.png
52KB, 1024x768px
The lake tribe use the medicinal properties of the minty plant as a way to make their smelly bodies have a better aroma. It catches on quickly with the fishing class, as they are typically skinnier and would have a better chance smelling nicer than gaining weight.

The expedition for resources led to a supernatural encounter! A nature spirit in the form of a bird took a liking to a reed flute player, and decided to teach it the language of the birds! As long as a villager can use a flute, villagers can communicate and understand the birds of the forest!
>>
>>109111
Let's have mandatory flute lessons for all the tribe and their future offspring.
>>
>>109122
There's evil, and then there's EVIL, you sir, are the later.
>>
>>108528
>>109122
You fatties sure love blowing.
>>
>>109141
>>109147
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=688X24zUANE
>>
The plains tribe sent two teams of scouts out on their horses. One was instructed to find what the shaman called "bamm - boo". Having described it, the scout travelled into the forest until he reached the edge of the eastern lake. Fitting the description, he took the tall stalks with him back to the plains to grow in the village. Unfortunately, the climate of the plains do not support the new plant, forcing the chief and shaman to think of other strategies.

The entry into the ravine revealed really, really rich deposits of minerals! The scout brought back a variety of the materials, which were determined to be finer material than the flint that they had been using, and rocky hammers given to them by the sky tribe. The shaman says the spirits in the smoke call the material "eye - urn".
>>
Hi!
I want to join the Island Tribe
>>
File: PlainsTribeSheet-Turn10.png (43KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
PlainsTribeSheet-Turn10.png
43KB, 1024x768px
>>109202
>>
File: SkyTribeSheet-Turn10.png (59KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
SkyTribeSheet-Turn10.png
59KB, 1024x768px
>>109204
>>108963
Welcome! Please state a culture move and then a standard move!

The sky tribe, having already learned animal husbandry, take action to domesticate the elk they had found in the previous turn!

Lowlanders are responsible for elk domestication in hopes they can use their remains for tools.
>>
>>109211
Is the sky panel extra hard to draw or what?
>>
>>108523
Culture: we teach how to use the runes since birth
Action: train warriors in case of a invasion
I hope it isnt to late
>>
Rolled 30 (1d100)

>>109292
Action and tech:>>108643
>>
>>109297
What do you mean? All my panels take a short amount of time to draw, its just simple images for everyones pleasure.
>>
>>109318
Livin' the Mongol dream.
>>
>>109321
Sorry, it seemed like it was taking you a while to post that one.
>>
>>109292
Actually Elk shed their antlers every spring so we shouldn't have to wait for them to die
>>
Rolled 55 (1d100)

>>109292
Action: searching for obsidian
Culture:People who are assigned to the lowlands receive an Elk
>>
>>108643
hey this sounds like a hard thing, put it looks like the lake tribe and islanders are gonna either team up or hate each other. Anyway, we both believe in spirits of the sky and our religions are siminlar. What if we joined forces kind of like we were you're army on the lowlands? We both have animal domestication, so if we work together then we could dominate? Our traditions could just be the backbone of the army. Besides we have good relations and during the last conflict we didn't fight, we rode our horses and the lakes attacked.
>>
>>109352
I thought, oh right, you only get one action per turn damn. I suppose after I catch some kind of bird and invent arrows I'm going to have to mess with ores whIle you invent bows. Damn.
>>
Sorry, went to the bathroom. Should get >>109307
done then, I'm ACTUALLY gonna be off for the day.
>>
>>109397
>the lakes attacked
You fucking what
>>
>>109423
>Lake 8(+24) =32
>Plains 12(+12) =24
>vs
>Sky 8(+22) =30
>Two sky tribe members are gored by cane spears while distracted by the trotting horsemen.
>If you guys reach a consensus, or battle again, link to THIS POST.
Sorry you WERE RIGHT I WAS WRONG. The plains people AND the lake tribe did attack the sky people, but now we have better realations.
>>
>>109397
I'm up for it, we will dominate the world as elk archers and horse archers
>>
>>109440
Are you sure, cause it looks like we just kinda, intimidated them a little.
>>
Wait, Im not following it
Whats going to happen now?
>>
>>109397
>>109450
No.
>>
>>103321
LOOK AT THIS WE DID ATTACK, but now we trade in peacher>>103325 look at what they said in return they are innocent we were at fault they just wanted to run
>>
>>109460
OP is dipping out for the day, gonna make a new thread later

He's doing your first turn, though
>>
back
>>
>>109460
Well, I don't know about you, but we're catching chickens and inventing arrows.
>>
>>109467
Just in time to miss everything
>>
>>109461
We should get the archery thing done though even if don't ally
>>
>>109465
Sorry, I was implementing strategic selective memory.
>>
File: IslandTribe-Turn10.png (41KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IslandTribe-Turn10.png
41KB, 1024x768px
The Island Tribe begins in the world by ensuring all children learn how to carve runes in order to protect the beauty of their island from outsiders and evil spirits. Although they believe the lake goddess will protect them, you can never be too sure.

Warriors are trained in combat as well, but without the use of tools or weapons, they resorted to using their fists. They excel at hand to hand combat, understanding how to knock an opponent off his feet and sleep unconsciously.

See y'all in the next thread!
>>
>>109477
me too man
>>
>>109484
Post link plz
>>
>>109476
*even if we don't ally
>>
>>109511
Don't you worry, we have bigger priorities if you know what I'm talking about (I'm talking about the land whales)
>>
File: proposedgovernment.png (36KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
proposedgovernment.png
36KB, 960x540px
>>109511
heres ideas, feel free to add on
>>
>>109535
That is so beautiful, if I had a printer I would put it on the fridge, no kiding, and it's a stainless steel fridge and I would get into arguments over it.
>>
>>109475
ikr
>>
>>109466
So, what if we make an alliance, to stop them?
>>
>>109795
Even if it never comes to that, us working together would still be for the best. You aren't exactly in a great position to trade with anybody besides us, so we could be the middleman for you. Plus together, I think we could develop some pretty sick magic
>>
>>109816
Yeah, I mean we barely know any magic, but we have a lot of tech, so we can exchange magic for tech.
>>
>>109849
The thing is, we've got paper. Perfect for developing runes further.
>>
>>109560
So, to pass the time until trading begins
Tech: develop forge technology
Action: make iron tools for forge tech and work our first fire rock weapons.
>>
>>109856
We could make paper airplanes with explosive runes or some shit
>>
>>109946
We could make SIX HUNDRED BILLION PAPER BOMBS
>>
>>109959
:^)
>>
skytribe we could share tech and culture, so we could spam past because you have extra culture, and we could act as workers/army like in ancient rome since we have an extra action so that we get maximum progression
>>
>>109484
Link to next thread please.
>>
Hey guys, part 2 is up! >>111293
Thread posts: 679
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.