[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The family out of time, quest part 1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1463344545686.gif (653KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1463344545686.gif
653KB, 500x500px
Milk, cereal on a table, sunshine poring in like the milk you just poured. "Today is a good day", you hear a voice that's deliriously out of place, that would be your own voice, after all, you and only you are in the family kitchen. The last tear falls to the table, you realize that you finally stopped crying, moreover... You had been crying? "huh" you let out a sound of confusion, your mind feels, empty. Taking a spoonful of an off-brand coco puff clone of a cereal, you try to recount what's been happening. "I'mean getting ready for work, same thing I do everyday" you say aloud, a slow confidence overshadowing what you knew was a false statment. But that was before, this was now, whatever the truth was, it was made irrelevant by your own free will. Information is power, something that used to make sense to you, but now ignorance is... WAS, salvation. A new daw has donned, the horrors of yesterday stay are gone...

A sigh of relief escapes you, letting your self go into autopilot, you finish your cerealife and go about putting the dish in the dishwasher. Exiting the kictchen, you no longer remember what had made you so upset, or why you had felt so desperate. Standing in the bathroom, you wash your face and taste salt on your lips...? But it's not of concern, and as you make your way to the door, you look down at your right hand, noting that it has gone numb clutching with the grip of death onto the red stone. Releasing the tension and opening your sore hand you find an oddly shape rock... No, not a rock, a gem maybe, it's red like a ruby. You hand off the stone you had worked so hard to acquire to your left hand, and slowly open and close your stiff right hand, peering down at the unknown object. "what the fuck is this" you mutter feeling a wave of anger overtake your fragile mind. Your house is on the edge of town, behind the row of house on your street lies the forest. Aiming towards your backyard, and the forest that lies in that direction, you chuck the thing.

Finally, you set off walking to work, it's not far from here, this town is so small it takes an hour or so to reach the other side from where you are. Aso you walk, the sounds and sites of town flood back in to your awareness, a car dives by, a windchime's sing in the wind, trees sway, a cat dives under a car at your approach, and a smile finds its way onto your face, the illusion of malice you felt before, breaks(moretocome)
>>
>>932811
Go on...
>>
>>932901
I need 20 or so more minutes, I didn't have a full plan for this story I just felt a blot of inspiration, so I'm in the middle of jotting out notes like a madman. Soon
>>
You stop by the park on your way, one that you need to cut through to get to midstreet. A memory's of having to walk through this park after hanging out at Lukes house come back to you, God back then you used to hate having walking through the creepy park at night. Acting on instinct, you look behind you to make sure nothing there, following you... Aaand, nothing. actually, this place has for as long as you known, been underused, no one seems to even use this place, sure a dog walker or two, but it's empty most of the time.

Feeling mentally sapped of energy, you take a seat on a green mental bench and pull out your phone.

1:17pm, and 12 messages from your co-worker. Seems about right.(choices soon)
>>
Chapter 1: Waking up

Your about to open your messages, when you feel a chill run down your spine. "what the hell" you snap your eyes up realizing someone is suddenly standing in front of you, seemingly appearing out of nowhere and completely catching you off gard. "Hi" the figure says in amused voice. Your about to respond when you realized he has a gun. Is this real? "points" it states calmly, as if this was completely normal.

"What?" you manage to finally find your voice, mercifully the shock of the situation has dulled out the sharp sense of fear, replacing it with a sense of surealism. It's at this time that you realize something is off about this person, beyond the fact that he/she/it is pointing a gun at you, you now realize that it has no face. The figure is waring a blue sweatshirt, and with the hood up, but in that hole only eye's stare back at you, almost glowing, and given that it's the middle of the goddamm day, there should be more then enough light to make out its head, and yet it seems to be pitch black, with eyes just floating in the void... Somehow, you know that by jabbing this thing inbetween its eyes, it would die. Non of this is adding up
>>
Then you realize what he means by points, and everything around you seems to freeze. "Oh", right points. The importance of the gun in your face is suddenly gone, the surreal situation suddenly feels like it no longer applies to you, no you need to check, you need to see it for yourself. A wind sweeps though the park, the park that is conveniently always empty, even if someone did come along, you already know they couldn't help. As if possessed, you start rolling up the sleeve of your right hand, but you can already see it though the thin fabric. Glowing red symbols, you feel as if your mind is going to melt from how rapidly your situation is evolving. Between your wrist and your elbow there are a string of red glowing numbers that seem to be a part of your skin, as if neon lights were sown straight into your arm, the upper layer of your skin reads one one zero zero.

1,100 it's absurd, this number, the glowing lights, the "points" the figure... or monster in front of you. You hear an inhuman sound come from the monster standing before you, and you notice his gun is even more in your face then it was before. Of course he's afraid, a voice from the deepest corner of your mind proclaims with overwhelming self pride, suddenly you feel sick. I... Just want everything to be ok. The thought flashes though your mind.... No, I WILL be fine.

You return your gaze back into the eye's of the monster, the void in the hood, the gun in your face. You don't know what the "points" mean, that's a fact, but in this moment of shock/fear/desperation a feeling of immense durability surrounds you. It seems to sense the change. "That's... A lot of points you have accumulated there" it says in the calmest voice it can muster.(Points must be some symbol of power, is it status? Is it a level of power? What dose it mean to this monster, can I trick it into thinking I'm more prepared then I seem? Can I bluff my way out of this? I need to know more!) In quick succession you analyze the situation.(Maybe I can convince It that I'm an important person, and that people will come after him if he messes with me? Why is it so nervous when he has the upper hand, he has a gun for gods sakes. Can "points" be used in physical defense? I don't know how to use these points, maybe my body will react without thinking? If points can be used in physical combat, why would it need a gun, assuming that it has points as well?)....(1/2)
>>
I could just give him the points... That's is what he meant right, gun to the face, this is a mugging, right? Maybe I don't need to offer all my points. (Worst case) you think all this in the span of a few seconds(is that I end up giving all my points to this guy, then I could leave unharmed right? I need to be careful how I phrase the next thing that comes out of my mouth, I need to keep my image as threatening as possible, his reaction to the amount of points I have has given me this opportunity, say the wrong thing and this monster will realize just how fucked I really am).

Well /quest/?

>bluff your way out(and the method you will use, what will you try to convince the monster with, talking about how strong you are, how your an important member of some group, something else?)

>offer a few points, not all of them

>refuse and hope you have some latent ability to defend yourself with.
(2/2)
>>
>>934216
>>
>>934679
how daring do you feel (by the way using a phone so my ID is bound to change), you have 1000, this guy seems intimitated, if you offer to much he might realize your not as big of a problem that he thinks you are, offer to little and he might just take it as a challenge
>>
>>934894
the poster above is based... and also me, just proving I'm still op
>>

>few

You had made eye contact, the time between him making a comment on how many points you had to now must have been a few seconds, but to you it felt way to long. Bluffing without sacrificing a few of these "points" seems like an incredibly risky move, no, you don't possess the means to fight your way out of here(not with a gun pointed at your face, oddly, that doesn't seem all that obvious, must be the stress, but from the moment you saw the points on glowing on your arm, something changed inside you, a complete detachment to the fear you had felt. It had morphed into a warped sense of superiority)

" Of course he's afraid"(where had that voice come from, it struck more fear into your heart then that of the monster standing in front of you welding a gun)

I'm going to be ok, you feel the urge to remind yourself of this fact... Fact? Enough, it's not the time to ponder all these confusing turns of events, ROLL WITH THE PUNCHS, ADAPT you scream internally. What did the monster say, "accumulated"? gathering all of your courage, you begin your bluff.

"You sure are greedy coming after someone with as many points as me." You intend to give the monster a casual look, but instead you give him a death glare, whoa, you suddenly feel anger towards the monster. The monster holds its ground, "you hide your points well, I didn't realize you where carrying so much." he responds.(okokok, I can do this, he said accumulation, it's damm obvious that one of the way to gain points is forcing others to concede there own points, so talk about that!) You break eye contact and look straight ahead, keeping yourself as composed as you can and speak, "How long have you been collecting"(yourdoingit!), the monster answers "For years". You almost ask how much he has, but then realize that he said that he wasn't able to tell that you where carrying so many points, so it's got to be some skill to... Sense the amount of points others have? Alright, then "You must be using your points too often then" you say with as much confidence as you can muster, pretending you can sense the points he has, and further more hoping to gain any kind of clue as to what points are used for. The monster dosn't say anything, his body language isn't giving a clue as to how it feels, but even though it's not human, you feel incredibly confident in reading the emotions of this thing(why, how do I know these things?), what you feel is that the monster is actually incredibly stressed out, as if you where the one pointing a gun at him... Goddammint, it might snap! I need to end this soon or the monster may make a desperate move, talking big was one thing, but you are not whatever this thing thinks you are, you can't win against it. Time to retreat, "Well, I'm willing to offer 250 points".(1/2)
>>
You break out in cold sweats as you finish your statement but keep a cool face, you return your gaze from looking straight back to looking at the creature.(keep talking!) "I've only been here for a few months and I have already collected that much." The thing before you is scared, you feel a weird warm sensation fill you, pleasure at being recognized as superior. "But listen, if you take this from me, then I never want to see your face a-" it cuts you off "you collected 250 points in a few months?" For the first time it's tone has changed, it's no longer composed. "What the hell are you? Why?"... You weren't expecting that, what is there-"Standards to this kind of thing?"(you realize you said that out loud). "Fine, 250 and I'll leave the town and never come back" it answers quickly. The twisted feeling of superiority turns dark, this ungrateful leach thinks he's WORTH 250 points? Wait a minute, how do you give points? "I never have given points willingly, how is it done?"(oooooooo, that kind of question detracts from the bluff so heavily, it hurts to even ask). The monster says nothing for a second, then "Your lucky I don't kill you here you heartless son of a bitch, 250 points in a few months is inhuman. And do you mean you have never collected though consent before, you just... kill"(inhuman? Was this thing human at one point?) a sickly feeling of humiliation starts crushing your soul at his remarks, an irrational urged to fight this monster fills your every pore, but you resist. "Are you serious, you kill everything you have met for points?" the monster in front of you is snapping, he's losing it. "you know most of us take points by transference, we don't actually KILL each other". "Then be the first to show me, who knows how many lives you just saved", you hear yourself say aloud. Then a bullet goes though your head.(2/2)
(moretocome)
>>
You violently snap wake up convulsing under your bed sheets, managing to slide off and smash into the floor. You bolt into a standing position feeling confusion, how did you end up back in your room? And, DID I JUST DIE? "oh my god" you mutter weakly as run though the encounter in your head, the gun, the monster, the incredibly uncharacteristically dark feelings you had, the bang and the pain that followed after. You realize your shivering uncontrollably, and try to calm yourself down. There is a red glow lighting up the wall reminding you about the number's you just lost your life over, the "points" whatever the hell they symbolized. They seem to be glowing brighter then you remember, then again you where so panicked that the everything about what had just happend(?) was almost a blur, if they glowed that bright or not, you have no clue. One Zero Zero Zero... 1,000 points, was that right? Is that how many you had? "No, I had more" you say aloud, then realize that you don't give a damm in the slightest how many points you have, why where we so keen to protect this number?... No, you still feel that's important, but you just died over these points, surly this wasn't worth dying over right? You hear your phone buzz, and take it out automatically despite the life crisis your facing. 2 unread messages... And it's 11:43 AM? You just time traveled into the past? Well you also just survived a bullet to the brain, so it's not exactly that far out there all things considered. Picking up your phone has also made you aware that your holding something in your right hand, with a death grip. Do I just sleep holding onto this thing? You wonder in exasperated amusement, you recall that you had been holding onto it yesterday(today), not even realizing that you had it until you had finished your cereal and where out the door for work. You slowly work out the tension in your hand by opening and closing it, as you did yesterday(today), also like yesterday(today), you feel the strong urge to get as far away from this thing as possible, but you decide against it. Nothing is making sense anymore, at least last time I was here it felt like I had direction of some sort. This time around your not sure at all.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.