[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Acid Girl Quest #2.1: Operation Radical Sunshine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 14

File: giphy.gif (2MB, 750x747px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2MB, 750x747px
Welcome to The City, a psychedelic urban dreamscape at the outskirts of consciousness. Passing through it are dreamers, dreams, mediators, psychonauts, aliens, gods, monsters, personifications of abstract concepts, and anything else that feels like it. Enter the Acid Girls.

An Acid Girl is the echo of a powerful feminine psyche that passed through The City, tearing at the fabric of reality in the process. They are personifications of raw hallucinogenic power cobbled together with leftover strands of feminine ego, and they are very powerful.

In Acid Girl #1 we followed Apriil, a newly formed Acid Girl with the power of Music, as she went on a psychedelic path to discovering her own Inner Song.

In Acid Girl #2 we followed Skribl, a streetwise Acid Girl with the power of Graffiti, as she parkoured around a surreal dream city in search of Apriil. We also got knee-deep in plot, and got to see some of Skribl's allies and rivals.

Unlike Apriil in Acid Girl #1, Skribl in Acid Girl #2 has existed in The City for some time. While Skribl has a clear grasp of The City politics, the reader does not. Skribl also has a floating backstory that readers fill in as we go.

In Acid Girl #2.1: Operation Radical Sunshine we pick up right where we left off.

Acid Girl Quest #1
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/893159/
Acid Girl Quest #2
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/902915/
>>
File: skriblresize.png (775KB, 571x819px) Image search: [Google]
skriblresize.png
775KB, 571x819px
>Something I forgot to mention, art is cannon, unless I can't find a relevant picture, in which case you get an eye or character portrait, like this time, when you get a character portrait, to remind you what your MC looks like.

Sprink the Nymph pulls Skribl the Acid Girl up out of the Dissociation Pool and back into the Ego Forest. Sprink does not look back, but simply walks up to an overlarge sunflower and sits in the middle. Skribl shakes her head a little and follows the nymph on the flower, and when she is seated Sprink tickles the sunflower, which chuckles and rises up out of the ground about twenty feet. Sprink hops off and grabs onto a huge yellow angel's trumpet flower, and climbed up a vine and out of sight.

Skribl gets a running start and grabs ahold of the angel's trumpet and climbs up after the nymph. At the top of the vine she sees Sprink walking down a bamboo bridge, and hurries to catch up. Sprink starts talking with her as they walk.

"The elves built this bridge. There wasn't always so many elves, you know. Or maybe you don't; I forget sometimes that you are so young. There have always been elves I think, but there have been so many recently. There are not like us, you know. The City did not birth them. They are aliens," the nymph says.

"They're just, you know, they're people sleeping, they're dreaming," Skribl says uncomfortably. "They aren't 'aliens'. Klowdy says it's the elves that keep The City alive, that if they hadn't dreamed of it, it would never have existed."

"Then perhaps they are gods," says Sprink. Skribl does not respond.

At a certain point Sprink appears to faint and fall over the side of the bridge. Skribl rolls her eyes and jumps down after her, landing softly in a bed of poppies. She gets up quickly and follows the nymphs laughter into the forest, trying to not inhale. She spots her sliding down a hill of mossy vines and barely catches up, sliding down after her. At the bottom of the hill the nymph is crouched down, staring intently ahead of her. She is not moving.

Skribl tenses, and does not move. Her eyes flicker around the forest, but she does not see it. After a long time though, it looses interest, and she hears the light rustling of grass and leaves. If the forest was not so deathly still, she might have missed it. Eventually, Sprink nods at her and the two set off again, with less laughter.

After crossing a very colorful creek they come to an armchair the size of a house in the middle of the north trail. A trio of elves are giggling and smoking weed on top of it. Sprink points out the glowing toadstools on the trail, and where they seem to end, in front of the chair.

A) Talk to the elves
B) Investigate the trail
C) Eat a mushroom
>>
>>928901
B) Investigate the trail
>>
>>928901
>B) Investigate the trail
>>
Skribl approaches the north trail and bends down, picking one of the glowing mushrooms. Sprink crouches down beside her and takes the mushroom, eying it. There are no footprints, the trail just suddenly stops at the chair. Skribl gets a cat's-eye marble out of her pocket and puts it up to her eye, and sees a trail of thin rainbow mist leading up above the tree line.

"She's airborne," Skribl says with a sigh. The marble in her hand blinks. "Sprink, what's over that way?" she asks, pointing in the direction of the mist.

"A druid's grove, and then Cerebellum, and then Downtown Disassociation," the nymph replies. "I can get us anywhere you need to go."

Skribl swears.

>A) "Let's ask that druid some questions"
>B) "Let's try to cut her off in Cerebellum"
>C) "Let's head to Downtown, we'll catch her coming out of the forest"
>D) "Let's follow the trail, I don't want to loose it"
>>
>>929693
>B) "Let's try to cut her off in Cerebellum"
>>
Skribl straightens up. "Let's try to cut her off in Cerebellum," she decides. Sprink stands up as well, tucking the glowing mushroom into her hair like a flower. The nymph stares off into the northern forest, where the bamboo grew stronger.

"Ok, I can take you, but listen; it will be dangerous. This is the Ego Forest, not Upper East Psychedelia. Downtown is a different kind of wyrd than you're used to. You have to stay focused, the forest will try to trick you, and the predators will take advantage. Stay close to me, and keep up," Sprink warns. The Acid Girl nods, and the pair sprint off into the forest.

After a time Sprink starts to hop from one looming bamboo tree to the next, slowly gaining height, and Skribl copies her. It was easy once she got the hang of it, but repetitive, and rhythmic. The bamboo trees cast long lingering shadows in the last golden light of day. The pollen in the forest was making her eyes and brain foggy. She was relieved when they stopped on a leaf for a moment while Sprink looks out in the dense forest, considering their next move.

"Hmm," the nymph says to herself. "Do you know how to ride a frog?" she asks.

>A)"No, but I can ride a bike"
>B) "Sure, I used to race frogs"
>C) "Frogs? Is there another way?"
>D) Write in
>>
>>930242
>>B) "Sure, I used to race frogs"
>>
"Sure," says Skribl confidently. "I used to race frogs. I had an old poison dart that hugged curves like no one's business."

"I'll take that as a no," Sprink says. "Come on, up that oak tree, on the other side of the moss, there should be some," Sprink says as she hops over, Skribl tailing her. They clung to the tree, and underneath a toadstool growing out of the side were a dozen massive, brightly colored tree frogs. They weren't moving, but their skins swirled with bright neon colors.

"Like this," the nymph says as she holds her hand in front of a frog, and the frog extends a long tongue to lick it. As it does, its eyes flash and its body relaxes. Sprink hops on its back, pressing her body close to it, hugging it tightly with her legs. Skribl hesitates, then follows her lead, a bluish frog with red eyes. She sticks out her hand and frog licks it, the turns its wide eyes to look at her. Its pupil dilates, and watches Skribl as she climbs nervously onto its back. Her hands rest naturally under the frogs arms.

"Now, lift," Sprink says, and her frog falls off the tree. Skribl hurries to follow, lifting under her frogs arm and free falling from the top of the oak. The frog faces downwards, aerodynamically, rocketing towards the floor. Skribl hurriedly lefts up under its arm, and the frog faces forward, then launches forward off the side of the oak into the forest. Skribl barely catches sight of Sprink bounding ahead of her, and lifts her hands in the nymphs' direction. The frog responds, using the next tree they rocket past to propel itself towards Sprink. On the next jump her frog outpaces Sprinks', and the Acid Girl allows herself a grin.

"Told you I could race!" Skribl taunts as the two bound through the Ego Forest. The nymph laughs as she regains the lead. The pair bound through the forest, have an exciting encounter with a carnivorous flower truly worthy of mention, and end up on a toadstool, staring out into the flickering lights in the forest that indicated Cerebellum.

>Due to circumstances beyond my control, I have to dip for a few hours. Sorry. You're welcome for skipping the carnivorous flower wandering monster post, it was terrible.
>Post cool frog pictures. Whichever frog is coolest is your steed.
>>
>>931494
>Post cool frog pictures. Whichever frog is coolest is your steed.
>>
File: whenuseeit.jpg (21KB, 229x229px) Image search: [Google]
whenuseeit.jpg
21KB, 229x229px
>>931494
>>
File: pickles!!.jpg (75KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
pickles!!.jpg
75KB, 1024x768px
>>932025
>>
File: mossyfrog.jpg (99KB, 1132x755px) Image search: [Google]
mossyfrog.jpg
99KB, 1132x755px
>>932030
>>
File: GND1Vki.jpg (48KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
GND1Vki.jpg
48KB, 600x450px
>>932031
>>
File: frog-photography-28__880.jpg (152KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
frog-photography-28__880.jpg
152KB, 880x660px
>>932033
>>
File: frog-photography-11__880.jpg (93KB, 880x586px) Image search: [Google]
frog-photography-11__880.jpg
93KB, 880x586px
>>932036
>>
File: 4588469010_df42c8e969_b.jpg (278KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
4588469010_df42c8e969_b.jpg
278KB, 1024x683px
>>932039
>>
>>932030
If it counts, my vote is for pickles
>>
File: froggy.jpg (117KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
froggy.jpg
117KB, 750x500px
>>
File: tall_trees_by_ralphhorsley.jpg (172KB, 1013x630px) Image search: [Google]
tall_trees_by_ralphhorsley.jpg
172KB, 1013x630px
>Hi, sorry, hi.

Skribl gets out her marble and looks through it; as she follows the normally invisible trail of rainbow mist towards Cerebellum the trail becomes so bright that it is hard to look at.

"She's in there somewhere," says Skribl as they dismount their frogs. Sprink licks hers, and the giant frog shrinks down to a normal size and climbs in her hair. After a moment, Skribl does the same, and after feeling a breif mental womp her frog shrinks as well. She puts her frog (toad?) on her shoulder, where it rests plopishly. "I'm going to name you Sir Hopsworth th-"

"His name is Pickles," Sprink cuts in, apparently not noticing Skribl's dissapointment.

The pair walked from the darkness of the forest into the bright lights of the elven city of Cerebellum. The elves built Cerebellum from the top down, carving their homes into the giant redwoods. The upper areas were residential, mostly the homes of the natives, but the ground floor had a very active night life. The city buzzed with excitement and magic. Pixies and leprechauns and fairys and sprites and will-o-whisps and fireworks and spells and beer bottles all flew the air. The elves partied hard and multiculturally; Sprink spotted satyrs, nymphs, a group of gas-aliens from Wolf-1061, and a mummy. Their music is wild and natural like them; they bang on giant drums to produce crunchy jungle beats.

Skribl tries looking through the marble again, but the rainbow trail is impossible to spot amidst the turbulence. She turns to talk to Sprink.

>A) "Ask around, see what you can find out. I'm going up higher to try to find the trail."
>B) "Let's ask around, see if anyone has seen her."
>C) "I'm going to get really drunk really quick."
>>
>>934304
>>C) Ï'm going to get really drunk really quick
could I ask how you get intoxicated in a world dependent on already being intoxicated?
>>
>>934304
>C) "I'm going to get really drunk really quick."
>>
>>934304
>>B) "Let's ask around, see if anyone has seen her."
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.