[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post Apocalyptic America Civ/RPG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 1450685281221.png (246KB, 1786x1068px) Image search: [Google]
1450685281221.png
246KB, 1786x1068px
I'm trying something a little different and it's in its raw phase so please be gentle with me as I am working on rules as it goes but I have a GENERAL idea of how I want this to work out.

So, first part is creation of your "society"

You pick a name, a color and starting territory (I'm good with US geography so don't hesitate to say a county name or town name) after that you get ten pieces of surrounding territory. Then you get 15 points to spend in one of six categories and you all start with 1 point in each:

Diplomacy:
Martial:
Trade:
Intelligence (books and research):
Subterfuge: (spies, thieves etc)
Organization: (how well your society is held together, this is not neccesarily a stat more of a 1-10 scale of how your society functions 1 being the roving gang of marauders and 10 being The Institute or BOS from Fallout lore)

Then a little flavor text (as much as you want) to add spice to your society and also help in decision making.

The next part is leader creation. A watered down version of society creation with four stats

Strength
Dexterity (encompasses what would be considered either martial arts or stealth)
Intelligence
Charisma

You have 13 points to spend and all of them start at one as well.

When all is said and done. You will use these numbers to determine your strengths and weaknesses in your society. These numbers also determine dice rolls. So e.g: Boris "Chain-Hands" Starvaski is leading his marauder band to attack a small farming settlement. His personal strength is 9 and his society martial is 4 but with an organization of 2. that would dice+d20+15. If he were to roll the max of 35 he would dominate the settlement, take it over, raze it whatever he chooses.

This is a dynamic, player driven game. I am merely a moderator and will tell how certain things work. Like I said, this is something brand new I am trying and would LOVE feedback, criticisms, add-ins etc.

Please, come on in and enjoy!
>>
>>928233
Dark Red
North Maine
>Diplomacy:4
>Martial:3
>Trade:1
>Intelligence:4
>Subterfuge:4
>Organization:5
Due to being a small Island, Britain rapidly pulled itself together under a collection of university based city states, sponsoring societies attempting to accomplish something. The Royal tag is given to something that all city states agree and fund. Harold Harthington seeks to bring a measure of order back to the USA after the apocalypse.
>Harold Harthington
Strength:4
Dexterity:4
Intelligence:5
Charisma:7
>>
>>928284
Nice, once more people show up, i'll create the map and then start allowing choices to be made.
>>
Cyan
Orlando Florida
>Diplomacy:4
>Martial:1
>Trade:1
>Intelligence:4
>Subterfuge:1
>Organization:10

After the apocalypse, the cyrogenic freezing systems in Walt Disney's underground mansion stopped working, waking him up for this new world. With infinite wisdom, Disney strives to unite the USA

>Walt Disney's Unfrozen Head
Strength:1
Dexterity:1
Intelligence:8
Charisma:7
>>
>>928233
Dark
San Francisco
Diplomacy - 2
Martial - 4
Trade - 3
Intelligence - 3
Subterfuge - 5
Organisation - 4

With the collapse of organised authority in the wake of the bombings, the guards assigned to Alcatraz who didn't desert were overwhelmed by a prisoner revolt lead by the imprisoned leaders of several of America's biggest mafioso crime families. Having slowly secured control over the Bay since the apocalypse, the Commission of Families lead by their elected Capo stand to spread 'their thing' all over the continent.

> Giovanni 'Fat Fist' Corleone
Strength: 5
Dexterity: 1
Intelligence: 7
Charisma: 4
>>
Grey
Chicago, IL
>Diplomacy: 2
>Martial: 4
>Trade: 0
>Intelligence: 2
>Subterfuge: 2
>Organization: 5

After the Apocalypse the South Side of Chicago actually got a bit better, especially for those who may have already had some power. Johnny Wabash was already known as a semi-leader of the homeless. He protected them and made sure no one went missing. Now with money no longer an issue his status has skyrocketed. The Hobo King is already assembling his troops in the remnants of the Sears Tower getting ready to unite the mid west.

Johnny Wabash
>Strength: 3
>Dexterity: 0
>Intelligence: 4
>Charisma: 6
>>
>>928340
>Grey
>Chicago, IL
>>Diplomacy: 3
>>Martial: 5
>>Trade: 1
>>Intelligence: 3
>>Subterfuge: 3
>>Organization: 6
>After the Apocalypse the South Side of Chicago actually got a bit better, especially for those who may have already had some power. Johnny Wabash was already known as a semi-leader of the homeless. He protected them and made sure no one went missing. Now with money no longer an issue his status has skyrocketed. The Hobo King is already assembling his troops in the remnants of the Sears Tower getting ready to unite the mid west.
>Johnny Wabash
>>Strength: 4
>>Dexterity: 1
>>Intelligence: 5
>>Charisma: 7

Fixed
>>
File: 1450685281221.png (245KB, 1786x1068px) Image search: [Google]
1450685281221.png
245KB, 1786x1068px
The map as is!

Now, you write in whatever you wish to do (for technical purposes 1 action)

Then roll a combo of relevant stat plus personal stat so 1d20+3+5 and the difficulty will be dynamic based on numbers
>>
>>928362
Assemble a team of 100 to begin raiding towards Gary, Indiana claiming everything in the name of The Hobo King.

Martial (Battalion Strength)5
Charisma (Convincing them to give their lives for me)7

Tell me if this isn't right and I will change :)

Also while they do that I start to assemble and clean corpses for their bones. For my Bone Throne.
>>
Rolled 3 + 16 (1d20 + 16)

>>928362
>Harold Harthington
Waving the banner of the society Harold leads an expedition of his finest diplomats towards the south, informing the small farmsteads and townships that he passes of the high standard of living enjoyed by the people of Britian (Some have 3 meals a day guaranteed!)
Harolds Charisma 7+Society Diplomacy 4,+ Society Organization of 5=+16
>>
York County, ME
Blue

Diplomacy: 5
Martial: 3
Trade: 4
Intelligence: 4
Subterfuge:1
Organization: 4

The Northern American republic is a loose confederation of towns in the southern coastal part of the state of Maine. Once reliant on tourism and hospitality, it has quickly converted back into an agricultural society of land owners and sharecroppers. Wealthy landowners form a loose congress to make statewide trade policy and declare war.

>President Paul LePage
Strength: 3
Dexterity: 3
Intelligence: 3
Charisma: 8
>>
>>928368
My roll didn't work let's try again stupid phone app
>>
>>928373
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>928377
Third time the charm?
>>
>>928370
Should make for some interesting contact.
>>
Rolled 1, 4 + 14 = 19 (2d6 + 14)

>>928362

Giovanni, appoints his cousins, Luca, Leonardo and Louis to lead their made men to storm the California National Guard Headquarters to seize the weapons inside, with orders to blast their way through the local gang that had taken the place over.

5 Martial, 4 Org, 5 Strength
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>928413
Mama Mia, I have no idea why I rolled 2d6 instead of 1d20, my bad.
>>
>>928370

Your diplomats arrive at the port city of Kennebunkport where a large fishing community has risen up who call themselves "Salters" after their rare delicacy of Salted Cod. However, they are under the banner of the NAR, your direct neighbor. The NAR lead a sort of "self-sustaining philosophy" but nonetheless have a governing body already. When your diplomats arrive sounding off promises of good food, shelter and warmth they are met with....confusion. "Why should be join some Limey bastards when we already have what you're offering?!"

Your diplomats return with their message "They are already being ruled by the NAR sir."
>>
>>928368
Your wandering warriors strike out for the lands of Gary, with promises of loot and plunder. However, after almost days of walking, your men are exhausted and upon arriving at Gary-Land, you find a desolate, empty, rotted town. "CURSE OF THE BULLDOG!!!" you cry out "This is a travesty!!!"

remember to add in stats, it'll help
>>
>>928413

With the CNGH being two days away. Your men prepare themselves for a long haul. Several days of journeying you finally come upon a barbed wired, 20 ft tall fence with the words

KEEP OUT
CALIFORNIA NATIONAL GUARD

Luca, your demolitions man, easily gets through the first barrier. Inside however, is a bunch of illiterate hicks, however heavily armed illiterate hicks. "Wuz gon on here?!"

Nothing you cry out, just a little business. And before hicks can react, you put the Valentine's Day Massacre to shame.

Searching the bodies, you find scraps of scattered ammo and weapons, but inside yields more.

You gain a cache of weapons and ammo which will last 5 actions.

Try to write your stock and inventory all.
>>
Rolled 1 + 12 (1d20 + 12)

>>928428

This is no travesty! This means we have no competition for land. Onward my people! We will claim the Lands from Chicago to Detroit in our name, we will lead the hungry, the sick, the mutated, the burned under one banner. That of The Hobo King!

Hoping this speech riles my troops to keep claiming land.

D20+Martial+Charisma
>>
>>928439
Fuckkles...
>>
Rolled 11 + 11 (1d20 + 11)

>>928370
Paul LePage attempts to fund a directive to build military naval vessels. He intends to commandeer the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard located in Portsmouth New Hampshire just to the south.

D20+Martial+Charisma
>>
Did we die?
>>
Is it too late to join?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.