[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Space Vagabond

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 10

File: 5464d6f4a654f654.jpg (14KB, 550x309px) Image search: [Google]
5464d6f4a654f654.jpg
14KB, 550x309px
Maybe I should have gotten a star chart from somebody before I left that planet. You think to yourself as you stare out of the cockpit window of your starship while you sit back relaxed in your seat; stroking the smooth coat of your loyal canine companion, Maxwell.

You look toward Maxwell reassuringly, "Don't worry boy! We'll surely find a space station or another planet soon enough, and even if we don't we can stretch our rations out for another week or two." Maxwell's head perks up and looks at you with a slight tilt to it before letting out a large yawn and sprawling out his stubby legs across your body. You reciprocate the yawn and begin to feel yourself doze off.

Before you could fall asleep, you're jerked awake from the force of something hitting your ship. Maxwell jumps off your lap and begins a barrage of barking toward the interior of your ship; his fur risen and sharp, as he barks toward the unknown threat.

Without hesitation you rise up out of your chair and ready your trusty weapon:

Choose:
>Arc Sword
>Laser Pistol
>Laser Rifle
>>
>>926761
>Laser Pistol
>>
>>926761
>>Arc Sword
>>
>>926761
>Arc Sword
>>
>>926761
>>Laser Pistol
>>
>>926761
>Laser Rifle
Get out one-handed scum. This is a real soldiers weapon.
>>
>>926761
>Laser Rifle
>>
>Arc sword.
>>
You quickly grab your laser pistol out of it's holster on your thigh and load some coolant into it, priming it. You place your body against the wall of the cockpit and listen carefully into the interior of your ship. You make out three voices.

"Yo, Galvin?!" One voice yells out, "What in the hell is makin' all that ruckus!?"

"Some animal those pansies from the inner colonies call a 'dog,'" the second voice replies, "I heard some ancient inner colony folk actually considered them a delicacy! Heh, maybe we can try it after we kill this sucker and strip his ship."

"Stop your idle chit chat and find the crew! I don't pay you fools to dream about future spoils, I pay you to pillage them as efficiently as possible!" A third, more brooding voice shouts to the other two. "Now Galvin, search the cockpit. Hector, come with me to search the cargo bay.

You hear a pair of footsteps coming closer to the cockpit; you gesture Maxwell to hide under the dashboard. Seconds later, the cockpit door slides open and the pirate enters the room, you quickly spring out at him and pistol-whip him and knock him unconscious.

Choose:
>Take the pirate hostage
>Kill the pirate and confront the other two
>Ambush the pirates on their own ship (via their docking tube)
>>
>>926924
By the time I began writing the next part it was a tie between arc sword and laser pistol. By the flip of a coin, laser pistol won
>>
>>926924
>Take the pirate hostage
A meat shield if nothing else.
>>
>>926924
>>Kill the pirate and confront the other two
>>
>>926924
>>Kill the pirate and confront the other two
>>
>>926924
>Kill the pirate and confront the other two
B FOR BLOOD. Kill the pirate scum.
Though I am also partial to
>Kill the pirate and ambush them via tubes
but that doesn't seem to be a given option
>>
>>926957
Write ins are encouraged, if popular enough, the write in can take priority
>>
With the unconscious body in your arms, you begin to strangle the pirate until the final modicum of life force exits the body. In some way, you almost feel regretful taking the life of this person, but in the long run, you know that the pirate would have done the same, if not worse to you.

You carefully exit the cockpit and begin approaching your cargo bay, readying yourself to confront the remaining pirates aboard your ship.

"Do not drop any of that fuel!" The pirate leader shouts, as the pirate that goes by 'Hector' loads your excess fuel canisters onto a trolley.

"Well, well, well... What do we have here?" you ask aloud. Both pirates turn around in an instant, aiming their weapons toward you.

The pirate leader asks, "Where is Galvin?"

You reply, "Don't worry about him, worry about you."

The pirates look at each other and begin chuckling and snickering, "You think you're in a position to talk like that to me?" The pirate leader asks as both pirates aim their weapons at you.

You smirk, obviously irritating the pirates, "You tell me, I could just shoot one of those fuel canisters and blow all of us up to kingdom come, or you could get off my ship and we could all go our separate ways."

"You wouldn't..." Hector states with doubt.

You prime your pistol again and aim directly at the spare fuel canisters behind them, "Test me." Known only to you, those fuel canisters aren't filled with fuel, but with water.

[B]Roll 1d20 to determine bluff outcome[/b]
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>927142
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>927142
>You work for me know
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>927142
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>927142
>>
"Hector," the pirate leader says, with a hint of defeat in his voice, "Stand down. This is not worth losing our lives over."

"But... But, there's no way this guy is telling the truth!" Hector whines to his boss, taken aghast by his order to stand down.

With every ounce of mental fortitude at your disposal, you do your best to put out a calm facade, truthfully, you're on edge; Your heart racing a mile a minute, you feel the beat inside your skull.

The pirate leader turns to Hector and with an aggravated tone, he yells, "I am not taking that risk! If Galvin wasn't inept at his duties we would not even be in this situation, but this is outcome is what fate decrees, so we will move on."

Hector yells in anger, "That's bullshit!" He points his laser rifle at you; your stomach sinks and your body goes cold, "We can easily ki--"

Before Hector could finish his sentence the pirate leader shoots him dead, "I have had enough of your insubordination!" the pirate leader then turns to you, "I for one value my existence and won't have some fool cause the death of me, I'll take my leave and leave you be."

Choose:
>Honor your word and let him leave
>Kill him
>>
>>927283
Okay, I'm going to sleep now. I have to get up early and take my cat to the vet. I'll continue this tomorrow, in the meantime, don't forget to choose the next option.
>>
>>927283
>Honor your word and let him leave
Goodnight.
>>
>>927283
Kill the little bitch.
>>
The pirate leader, to your surprise, honors his word and leaves your ship without conflict; gathering the bodies of his former crew along the way. You feel your ship shake, as the pirate ship retracts it's docking bay and departs into the vast emptiness of space.

While cleaning up your cargo bay; you begin to reminisce about what your life could have been, In hindsight... My life could have been easy. I could have stayed within the inner colonies, I could have joined the family business, I could be married and have a happy family. But no, I chose to live the life of a vagabond, drifting from planet to planet, and space station to space station, doing odd jobs here and there, just to scrap by. You crack your back as you finish cleaning the cargo bay, and in the corner of your eye you catch a glimpse of Maxwell trotting past you. Feeling a loving warmth for your companion, you smile and think to yourself, In the long run though... I wouldn't have it any either way.

As you arrive back to the cockpit, the ships transmitter begins intercepting an incoming signal, You recognize the RFID as a contact back on one of the outer colony worlds; grabbing a headset, you begin to refine the frequency and hail your contact. Bearing through a storm of static, assaulting your ears, you finally begin to make out the words coming from the other end, "Daelin! Can you hear me?! Daelin, it's Maverick!" Mavericks voice becomes muffled; you can only assume he's speaking over his shoulder, "Is this thing working? Can we have a tech guy, tweak this piece of crap?" Mavericks voice returns to it's normal volume, "Daelin! If you can hear me, I got some big news!"

Choose
>Uh.... Wrong number...
>Yes, Maverick. I hear you loud and clear.
>This 'news' better be worth it, Maverick.
>>
>>927311
>>927360

Out of the two options, Honoring your word won a coin flip to be chosen as the outcome

>>930356
[Spoiler]Any other way. Had a brain fart, mixed up either and other.
>>
>Yes, Maverick. I hear you loud and clear.
>>
File: 75465465132.jpg (974KB, 2560x2048px) Image search: [Google]
75465465132.jpg
974KB, 2560x2048px
"Yes, Maverick. I hear you loud and clear." You speak into your headset; although the storm of static that's barraging your ears makes it hard to concentrate, you manage to speak without blunder.

"Aha! Finally, I've reached you, Daelin!." Maverick exclaims with excitement and a hearty chuckle, "Listen, my crew and I found this labyrinth, full of ancient tech. It's a goldmine of salvage! Come reap these spoils with me, fifty-fifty split!"

Quizzically you ask, "Why would you offer this to me? This seems out of character for you. Last time I was with you, you nearly got us killed over a hundred credit bet that you refused to pay while watching that fight pit match. Long story short, I don't remember you ever being so generous."

"Skeptical as ever I see," Maverick replies as his voice distorts through the static, "I'm just repaying my debt to you for that fight pit incident. First of all: You know that fight was rigged, there's no way I would pay up over such a ridiculous outcome! Secondly: Those bouncers would have kicked my ass if I didn't have your assistance." The static in the headset becomes nearly deafening, making it increasingly difficult to hear Maverick. "Listen, I'll transmit the coordinates to your star-chart, try to get here has fast as you can, you won't regret this." The transmitter is engulfed in static and you can no longer hear Maverick on the other end.

The star-chart on your dashboard opens up, and registers the coordinates that Maverick transmitted to you. You stare into the hologram of the Milky Way Galaxy; the blue glow of the projection emanating over your face.

Choose:
>Take your time reaching the coordinates
>Head to the coordinates immediately
>>
>>932676

>Head to the coordinates immediately

I'd prep for a shit storm though. Something about that sounds off.
>>
You lock onto the coordinates given to you by maverick; estimating that it'll be at least two hours before you arrive so you decide to prepare for your venture. On your dashboard you bring up a plethora of informative codex archives and begin to search the glossary of planets. You come across the coordinates you were given in the codex, and begin to read to yourself, "Xul: A world first discovered in the hundredth year since space travel began. Being a fairly new discovery, this planet lies on the outer rim of the Milky Way Galaxy. The planet's awkward location made it so no civilization wanted to claim it for their trade routes. Instead, militaries from all over use it for weapon testing. But for some reason, the flora and fauna always manage to stay unscathed from the testing, no nation has an explanation for this to this day."

"What could he have found on this planet?" You ponder to yourself, "An abandoned military frigate? Is this planet even safe enough to traverse upon?" You decide to take the remaining travel time to dismantle your laser pistol and tune it up and refresh yourself. Before you even realize it, you were in the atmosphere of Xul; your auto-pilot taking you further north, into a colder climate.

You arrive at the northernmost pole of the planet,touching down at a makeshift landing pad and disembark from your ship, in the frigid cold you follow a trail of lights leading you to a camp, clearly set up by Maverick. You look around, it's a desert of snow, not a single thing in sight. Angrily you shout, "Maverick! What the hell is going on?!"

Maverick exits a tent and greets you with a warm thermos, "Daelin! Nice to see you! Here, drink this, it'll make you feel warm during this shitty snow storm."

Choose:
>What the hell is going on? I don't see shit.
>You called me out here to see nothing?
>Yeah, yeah, yeah, nice to see you, now... what the hell is going on?
>>
>>932827

It's impolite to turn down a drink anyways
>>
>>932827

>>932855

Depends on if this drink is laced
>>
>>932866

True, though it is also considered bad form to take drinks from people trying to poison you, so moral of the story is don't drink anything, it will eventually kill you
>>
File: 5498454.jpg (60KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
5498454.jpg
60KB, 720x540px
"Yeah, yeah, yeah... It's nice to see you, Maverick." You say hastily as you take the thermos from him; removing the lid and inspecting the contents.

Raising an eyebrow, Maverick states, "Is this how you greet all your friends, always so bitterly and suspect of them? Don't be so on edge, It's only soup in the thermos, If you're not hungry I could offer you some alcohol instead."

"Your right. I'm sorry for being so circumspect. Can you blame me though? You call me out of the blue, promising of riches in salvage and when I arrive i'm greeted by a barren sea of snow. " You reply.

With a wholesome laugh, he slaps you on the back and says, "Your right. I'm sorry for being so vague, come around the side of the tent, I'll show you my discovery."

You and Maverick walk around the side of the tent where he just exited from, on the side of the tent a large blue tarp is sprawled across the snow. Maverick signals his crew members to remove the tarp, unveiling a massive hole in the planet.

"Behold!" Maverick exclaims, looking back at you with a grin on his face.

Choose:
>... A hole?
>You called me out here to see a giant hole?
>[Stare blankly]
>I don't get it.
>>
>>932928
>[Stare blankly]

"I'm assuming there is something in the hole?"
>>
>>932928

>[stare blanky]

This better be the best glory hole in the galaxy or I'm out of here. I wouldn't say that out loud, but it's definitely something I'd be thinking right about now
>>
An awkward pause ensues the unveiling of the giant hole, you stare blankly at Maverick for a while before deciding to break the silence, "I'm assuming there's something in the hole?"

"Well obviously, But..." Maverick replies, dragging out his words.

"But what?" You ask.

"But, we don't know specifically what, Just yet." Maverick replies, feeling discomfort from your miffed glare. "Hear me out though! When the sky is clear, and the sun is directly above the hole, we can see deep down into the hole, and halfway through it, the stone walls become metal! There's an artificial structure deep below... We're going spelunking."

Concerned you ask, "Wait... You think it's safe just to go spelunking into a giant hole, with extremely low visibility the lower we delve into it?

"Yes!" Maverick replies, without a modicum of hesitation. "I've already prepared two backpacks with everything we need. We're gonna reach the bottom and set up the base of a hoist, meanwhile my crew will add anchor-points to the wall so we have an elevator to send salvage up on. While they're setting up the hoist, we're gonna be exploring points of interest in the cavern." Maverick begins stretching, preparing for the spelunking as you continue to stare at him, reluctant of such a venture. "I know, this seems like a bunch of work, that's why I proposed the fifty-fifty split, if the split was skewed in my favor you would probably just leave, right?"

Choose
>You're right. You know me better than I thought.
>Of course not. I still would helped [lie] (roll 1d10 for lie outcome)
>I don't know if I want to go through with this, but maybe a seventy-thirty split may change my mind. (roll 1d20 for persuasion attempt)
>Whatever. Let's just get this salvage job over with.
>>
>>933175

>Whatever. Let's just get this salvage job over with.

Why do I get the feeling that this dungeon crawl is gonna end with us trapped somehow and possibly double crossed
>>
"Whatever, lets just get this salvage job over with." you acquiesce to Maverick while equipping the large backpack he prepared for the spelunking.

All geared up, you and Maverick repel down into hole together; the light getting dimmer as you delve deeper into the hole. With what little light you have, you notice; to your surprise, that the walls actually have become some type of metal plates. No longer any crevices, cracks or lumps in the wall, but perfectly smooth metal.

"What the hell..." You mutter to yourself in wonder and awe before turning to Maverick and asking, "Maverick, You're not having any difficulties breathing down here, are you?"

"Not at all, I guess that just adds to the mystery of this place." Maverick replies, finally reaching the ground and starting a fire, "This fire will be our place marker for the entrance, Come help me set up the base of the hoist."

You and Maverick spend some time setting up the base of the hoist, once done, he launches a flare upward to signal his crew to begin their descent so they can finish building the hoist. Afterwards, he activates the immensely bright light on his helmet, turns to you and hands you some luminescent markers, then asks, "How do you wanna do this?"

Choose:
>Let's split up and meet back in an hour or two.
>Let's stick together and mark some interesting spots.
>>
>>933490

>Let's stick together and mark some interesting spots.
>ask Maverick how he found this hole

Ive seen enough Scooby doo episodes to know that splittin up is usually a bad idea
>>
>>933490
>>Let's stick together and mark some interesting spots.
>>
File: 498494654.jpg (494KB, 1200x676px) Image search: [Google]
498494654.jpg
494KB, 1200x676px
"First: Tell me how you found this hole... And this planet. As far as I'm concerned this planet is just one large test site for military technology, is it not?" You inquire.

"What? Do you still distrust me?" Maverick replies jokingly, before answering you seriously, "An inner colony nation hired my crew and I to recover duds that never ended up exploding, while scouring the test areas one of my men almost fell into this thing... Ended up pissing himself. After our task was done, I made sure to come back and investigate the hole, I had a good hunch about this hole, and my intuition has never lead me wrong."

"Very well then. I believe we should stick together and look for interesting spots to mark. I think splitting up would be unwise, we have no way of knowing what lies in wait for us." You inform Maverick. He nods in agreement and you two begin your trek into the unknown.

"It's been two... no three, maybe even four hours now, we're both exhausted and chilled to the bone. Somehow it's gotten even colder then we anticipated." You think to yourself while sitting on the floor with Maverick, taking a short break. "Maybe we should head back? I think we marked a lot of good spots, don't you agree?" you ask while being handed a thermos.

Maverick clears his throat, and looks at the remaining luminescent markers in his hand, "We only have two left, let's just finish placing these and then go back; hopefully that fire is still roaring."

sighing, you reply, "Fine, Let's hurry up then." Slowly, you rise up and begin going further into the unknown. While exploring, you can't help but feel that something is irking you... Gnawing at the back of your mind... The radio has been silent for an abnormal amount of time.

"Hey, Maverick... Shouldn't base camp have checked in---"

"Hey, hey, hey... Check this out!" Maverick interrupts, "Does this look like a door to you?"

Maverick begins to pat down on an indent on the wall when suddenly, everything around the indent begins to shake, lo and behold the indent begins to rise up much like a door and a large chamber is unveiled. Ice walls encircle the very large room, an ominous light emitting from the structure in the center.

"What in god's name is this..." Maverick wonders in astonishment, "I think we just found the mother load of scrap! We're gonna be rich!"

Choose:
>My god... We really struck big, didn't we?
>We should still be careful. There's no telling what else is in here.
>What are we waiting for? Let's go! This is insane!
>You don't think this is a military base, do you?
>>
>>933808
You know what, replace 'Insane' with 'Phenomenal '

Insane feels very drab upon a second read.
>>
>>933808
> what are we waiting for?
Shiny!
>>
the Dota 7.00 update is here. I'll continue the run tomorrow. Thanks for participating everybody.
>>
>>933808

Better safe than sorry
>>
>>933808

And seriously, where is base camp?
>>
>>934273
I'm still around to clarify any questions people may have. The base camp is at the tented area above ground. I'm sorry if that wasn't clear enough
>>
>>934286

Sorry, that was an IC question. Falling out of touch with base camp is the sort of situation where you try everything in your power to get back in touch immediately
>>
I've got a bad feeling about this... I better warn Maverick to be safe. You think to yourself, "Maverick, lets not be too hasty. I'd rather be safe than sorry."

Maverick inhales, calming himself, "You're right. Let's approach the structure slowly."

As you and Maverick begin your trek onward to the mysterious structure, you remember that you were about to ask Maverick about the base camp's odd behavior before the discovery of this hidden chamber. In between frigid breaths you ask, "Hey, is it just me or has base camp been oddly silent? Isn't it odd they haven't checked in for a while?"

"That does strike me odd," replies Maverick, "Maybe we're just out of range, perhaps we can find a stronger radio in this structure."

"Maybe..." You say with apprehension.

"Don't be so doubtful, friend! I told you, my intuition never leaves me wrong!" Maverick says to you, giddy with dreams of fortune.

Inside the structure, you're awestruck by everything you see: Glass pipelines containing a mysterious liquid adorning walls and routed upon the ceiling, funneling into a large console in the center of the room. In the shape of an "X" four smaller consoles surround the large centered one, each of the small consoles containing a small crystal, glowing yellow and resonating with a low hum. At the top of the structure you see another yellow crystal, but much larger, at least half the size of your ship; it spins slowly around, seemingly, nothing is propelling it either.

Maverick, in awe and bewilderment asks, "Just what in the universe do you think this is?"

"I haven't a slightest clue..." You reply, " We should contact base camp, get some of your crew down here to help us study this before scrapping it."

Maverick nods in agreement, "Maybe this console in the center is a radio, and the crystal above is an antennae. I'll tinker with this console, you look for anything else useful."

Choose:
>Investigate the giant crystal.
>Investigate the smaller crystals.
>Investigate the pipeline.
>Look for other points of interest.
>>
>>936365

>Investigate the smaller crystals.
>Investigate the pipeline.

The big crystal might be a huge power source of some kind. Before messing with it, I say we try to figure out what the smaller stuff does first.
>>
While Maverick tinkers with the console in the center of the room you decide to take a closer look at the system of pipes that feed into the center console. The liquid inside the pipes is of a light-blue color, you come to the conclusion that you won't be able to find the source of the liquid with the materials on hand, so you look at the smaller crystals, while maverick checks out the wiring of the main console.

"All these wires seem to be hooked up properly, but I can't get this damn thing on." Maverick states with frustration.

While scrutinizing the smaller consoles you notice something peculiar on the rightmost one. Instead of spinning in harmony with the other three, it's bobbing up and down, very jagged like.
Maybe something is is amiss with the wiring on this console. You ponder.

Choose:
>Have Maverick take a look at the smaller console.
>Attempt to fix it yourself. (Roll 1d10)
>Bluntly remove the crystal.
>>
>>936438

>Attempt to fix it yourself. (Roll 1d10)

Dice+1d10
>>
>>936447

Can i not roll from a phone or am I retarded
>>
>>936462
Put it in the 'options' bar
>>
>>936465

Ah thanks. I've never rolled before.
>>
You remove the panel on the small console and look inside, you notice some wires we're out of place. You put the wires back where you think they belong and raise your head up to view the crystal again. The platform under the crystal has stopped it's flickering and now exhibits a solid color; the crystal hovering above it now floats back in unison with the other 3 smaller consoles.

Lights inside of the structure begin turning on, one by one and the mysterious liquid in the pipes begin flowing at a faster pace. The giant crystal above begins rotating at an immense speed before it lets out a pulse of energy and slowing back down.

"The hell was that?!" Maverick asks, concernedly.

"I think the structure wasn't running at it's full power output, " You reply, "I noticed one of the small crystals was behaving in an unorthodox manner compared to the other three, so I decided to take a look and attempt to fix it."

"I don't care about that, I'm worried about whatever the hell that pulse of energy was!" Maverick retorts.

Reassuring Maverick, you reply, "It couldn't have been anything bad, we're unscathed from it; Maybe now we can contact base camp, now that this place is running at it's full power."

Maverick snaps his head up and begins to fiddle with the center console, "That's right! I'll try to hail them the radio."

Maverick's efforts proved fruitless as no contact could be made, after trying a plethora of different frequencies he gives up.

"Maybe we should just head back." You state.

"Goddamnit!" Maverick yells back, "Somethings not right... I think base camp is trouble." In anger, Maverick hits the console with his fist and a flash of light blinds the room; you hear Maverick fall onto the floor, when the room darkens and you can see again, you see maverick on the floor, looking upward at a humanoid hologram, in amber clad that has materialized from the blinding light.

"Greetings, I am Noah." The hologram states while taking a bow.

You and Maverick look at each other, puzzled.

"Welcome to the Genesis Archive, how may I be of assistance to you?"

Choose:
>Genesis Archive?
>What is this place?
>What are you, exactly?
>What do you do here?
>What purpose does this place serve?
>>
>>936625
Maverick snaps his head up and begins to fiddle with the center console, "That's right! I'll try to hail them From the radio."
>>
>What is this place?
>>
>>936625

>Genesis Archive?
>What is this place?
>What are you, exactly?
>>
"What is this place?" You ask, "You called it the what now? Genesis Archive?"

"That is correct," The hologram replies. "this is one of four other facilities on this planet, that harbors the genetic makeup of every organism in this on this planet."

Maverick interjects, "Could you dumb that down for me?"

"Certainly." The hologram states to Maverick, "This planet contains three other facilities, just like this one. Each facility is tasked with keeping the planet pristine in its specific quadrant. Each facility contains the genetic makeup of every plant, animal, and bacterium, even viruses."

Raising an eyebrow you ask, "Why are viruses included too? That seems like it could be a detriment to these preservation efforts."

"Viruses are indeed stored within my data banks, but even I don't have an answer for that. The creators of the Genesis Facilities; My creators, simply made sure that when they arrived they would document everything on the planet, making sure not to contaminate anything themselves." The hologram replies to you. "But their efforts have proved to be in vain, through minute details from my analysis of the planet, I can sense contagions throughout the world. Perhaps it's you beings who have brought forth these new pathogens to this world."

"I see," you respond. "How were your creators able to keep the planet free from their own germs then? And, I'm sorry if I'm being blunt, but what are you exactly?"

"I am an artificial intelligence, tasked with keeping the data of living organisms of this planet secure, and to manage the population of the organisms. I was given the name 'Noah'." Noah informs, "As for my creators, I'ts been hundreds of years since I last saw them, but I do recall they were always in full body suits. I believe they wen't through a great endeavor to keep themselves quarantined."

Maverick interjects, "You know... You look a lot like a human; like us... Minus the whole amber color and transparent body of course, is it possible that your creators were ancient humans?"

"Perhaps," Noah shrugs. "that is in the realm of possib---" Noah stops abruptly, "We're you two beings expecting more of your kind to show up here?"

You and Maverick, look at each other, you ask, "Could it be your crew?"

"No, I don't think so... Noah, how many life forces are you detecting?" Maverick asks.

"Five. walking in formation, onward to this location" Noah informs.

Maverick draws his weapon, "I think we should prepare for the worst"

Noah informs both of you, "I'm sorry, but I won't be able to intervene upon your affair, nor can I withhold any information if they choose to probe it from me."

"yeah, yeah, yeah. That's fine, just try not to tell them that we're here!" Maverick tells Noah, fanning his hand toward him, dismissively.

Noah dissipates into nothingness, and Maverick signals you to hide somewhere.

Choose:
>Hide near the ceiling crystal.
>Take cover behind the center console.
>Hide beneath a floor panel.
>>
Sorry for that long wait, went to take my dog for a walk.
>>
>>936971

>hide beneath a floor panel

I don't think the other places have a substantial amount of areas to actually conceal yourself in.
>>
>>936971
> hide in the floor like a grub
If we hide behind the thing it's likely to get caught in the crossfire.
Do we have a grenade? We might be able to take them all out at once.
>>
With haste, you open up a floor panel and take refuge under it. through the grates you spot maverick haphazardly using the pipes along the wall to climb high into a dark corner near the ceiling, resting atop a ledge, above the door which you both entered.

Minutes pass by in what feels like hours when the door to the Genesis Archive opens, and four soldiers adorned in red combat gear enter into the room. You take notice of their ballistic rifles, while still effective it's just uncommon to see most militaries still using them, most have moved onto laser weaponry. Pirates? You think to yourself, Couldn't be, these people are way too organized to be pirates.

"Secure the parameter!" One of the men shout, as the four of them spread out, searching the facility. As the men search, you pick up a frequency on your radio, a hushed voice murmurs through, "Daelin... There's only four of them. We can take them out, two each. Noah's data must have been wrong. On my signal, I'll drop and you rise. We have the element of surprise!"

Choose:
>No, that's a horrible idea!
>[Ready your pistol] Okay... Let's do this!.
>Just wait... Maybe they'll leave.
>[Do nothing]
>>
>>937134
Clarification: They [Do nothing] Option has us not replying to Maverick, while the the third option is a reply to him. I think i'll start using quotations in my options to better articulate this issue.
>>
>>937134

>do nothing

The best thing to do is wait and make sure there aren't 5 of them before blowing out prematurely and getting wrecked in the process. Using a radio, there's also a possibility that someone could hear you or some electronic noise blurt out.
>>
>>937134
> okay let's do this!
We can't let them secure the parameter!
>>
File: 654684464.jpg (92KB, 701x1139px) Image search: [Google]
654684464.jpg
92KB, 701x1139px
With absolute trust in Maverick, you tell him, "Okay, let's do this!" Through the radio, quietly enough that the soldiers haven't taken notice of you. You patiently await for the signal, ready to spring up from the floor panel.

"Now!" He says, hushed over the radio! and drops down, landing on one of the soldiers and knocking him to the floor, just as you get ready to jump out and assist, blood splatters through the grates onto your face. A fifth person had just entered the room, unbeknownst to you or Maverick. The fifth person retracts his holo-blade and Maverick's body collapses unto the floor. With a brooding voice, he commands, "Disable the artificial intelligence, it'll only hinder our research!"

These people must have been to one of the other Genesis Facilities if they know about Noah. You concur, doing your best to repress the thought of Maverick's death. You sink further into darkness, hoping these people don't take notice of your presence.

The deep and brooding voice once again speaks, "I know there's somebody else here, Reveal yourself and I'll be generous enough to spare your life."

You feel your heart sink, your stomach churn and your blood turn to ice when you heard that sentence. Whoever the person is under that armor terrifies you.

"It's futile to hide, I took notice of the two sets of footprints outside." He bolsters, "I advocate you to accept my offer, otherwise I'll fill this facility with a poisonous gas and leave you to rot!" The man pulls out a canister, labeled with the bio-hazard symbol. "I would prefer not to waste any resources if I don't have to; I only killed your comrade because he assaulted one of my men. I would prefer to have taken him as a subject, but If you want to end up like him, then that's up to you. This canister will go off in three minutes.

ah shit... Just how in the hell am I going to get out of this? You wonder.

Choose:
>Surrender
>Attempt to sneak out (roll 1d20)
>attempt a bluff (roll 1d20)
>>
>surrender

I told youuuu
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>937530
> sneak out undercover of that cardboard box
>>
>>937548

Would a 13 be high enough to make it?
>>
File: ship.jpg (302KB, 1680x1680px) Image search: [Google]
ship.jpg
302KB, 1680x1680px
You rise slowly from the grate with an uneasy feeling in your gut, for the first time in a while you actually feel nervous. This is my best option... You assure yourself, If I stay, I die. if I get caught sneaking out, they might not be so forgiving. You shout to the mysterious group, "I'm over here and surrendering peacefully!"

The imposing man and three of his soldiers walk back into the main room, where you were hiding. "Wise choice." He states, as he disarms the gas canister. "B.E.S-216," he commands; one of his soldiers tightens up and salutes him "Handcuff our prisoner and bring him to the med bay aboard the frigate."

"Yes sir!" 216 yells back, then proceeds to handcuff you and walk you out of the Genesis Archive. The leader issues another command as you're being escorted out, "You know what... Knock him out. He strikes me as a tricky individual."

Your eyes widen as you attempt to plea, "Wait, wait!" you shout, but it was pointless. 216 knocks you unconscious.

You awake an unknown amount of time later, in a daze. A fluorescent light, blinds you as your coming to, you appear to be in what looks like a hospital, you conclude that this must be the med bay, just as the man said. With your arms and legs being bound to the bed, you look around. To your right: You spot a scalpel and a syringe filled with an unknown liquid. To your left: a desk with a computer, more then likely belonging to a doctor of some sort. Right in front of you: Two soldiers, standing forth, guarding the room; armed with ballistic pistols.

I don't think they've done anything to me yet, considering I'm still dressed as I was earlier. But how am I going to get out of this situation? You inspect your binds, Could be worse... They have me bound by my chest and forearms, I may be able to slip one of my arms out myself.

Choose:
>[Wait]
>Attempt to deceive a guard (roll 1d10)
>attempt to break free of the bindings (roll 1d10)
>>
Allright, I'm gonna call it for tonight. I will continue tomorrow.

Also in the event of ties, (which their have been a few because of low player count) I flip a coin (I just google 'coin flip'). The first option will get heads and the second, tails.

Thanks for participating.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d3)

>>937954
>[Wait]
And try strike up a conversation with anyone and everyone

>>937967
You are supposed to go like this
1=Surrender like a bitch
2=Sneak like a solid snek
3=Panty raid!
>>
File: ship2.jpg (303KB, 1680x1680px) Image search: [Google]
ship2.jpg
303KB, 1680x1680px
You decide to wait and bide your time, formulating a greater plan. Meanwhile you feign unconsciousness so you don't arouse suspicion. Eventually, a third person enters the med bay. He's an older man, maybe mid fifties, early sixties, you estimate. He's built very scrawny; his white coat droops from him, clearly improperly fit. He walks over to your bed and grabs a clipboard from the face of your bed, then proceeds to sit down at the desk and review it. From the desk he yells, " 078, go fetch me a wheelchair. 121, help me prop our test subject's body up... For this experiment we need him upright."

The sound of hydraulics rushes through the room, as the med bay door opened and closed for the guard tasked with getting a wheel chair exits the room, the other guard and doctor get on each side of you and begin to unfasten your binds. This is my moment to strike! You think to yourself, I only have one shot at this!

Choose
>Take the guard hostage
>Take the doctor hostage
>>
>Take the guard hostage
Take his weapon for better arguments and be ready to shoot
>>
File: ship3.jpg (303KB, 1680x1680px) Image search: [Google]
ship3.jpg
303KB, 1680x1680px
Your plan works well, the doctor nor the soldier suspect that you're awake. As soon as you're unbound, you headbutt the soldier and spry up; during his recoil you disarm him of his pistol and with your forearm, you lock him by the neck and point the pistol to his head.

You turn to the doctor and demand, "Don't move! You're going to give me answers, now!"

The doctor put's his hands up, "It seems that I'm in no position to disobey, considering that you're the one with the only weapon in the room." The doctor smirks and giggles, oblivious to the seriousness of the situation, "Even so, It's not like I could even fight back with my old age anyway."

You force the guard you have hostage to hold up his radio, "Tell the other guard he won't be needed, and not to return with the wheelchair!" You fasten the gun harder against your hostages skull, and threaten, "You make a peep while he's talking over the radio, I'll end you." The guard nods in compliance, eyes wide and terrified.

"As you wish," the doctor complies. "216, I won't be requiring your assistance any further, your dismissed."

The second guard's voice comes in over the radio, confused by the sudden change, "Are you sure?"

The doctor replies sternly, "Are you questioning someone of higher rank?"

"N... N... No sir." The guard stutters.

The doctor leans back against his desk, "Well go on, ask away with your questions, now that we won't be interrupted."

Choose:
>"Who are you and what is your purpose aboard this frigate?"
>"Who do you work for?"
>"Where is my ship?"
>"What experiments were you going to conduct on me?"
>>
>>942722
>"Who do you work for?"
I think this one first. My second choice would be what experiments you planning doc?
>>
"Who do you work for?" You snap at the doctor, "what experiments do you conduct on people here?"

"I work for the Elysium Vanguard," replies the doctor, "everything aboard this frigate is property of the Elysium Vanguard."

"I've never caught mention of you bastards anywhere I've been, why's that?" You ask.

"Well to be fair, we're very few in number. We started off as a PMC, doing odd jobs for some governments on the down low. Jobs that would strike revolt, if their people found out." The doctor reflects on memories, "Over time, the jobs started to get more and more disgusting, and downright despicable. Governments would hire us to kill innocent farmers on farm worlds just so they could control the farmer's land, make sure their citizens would be given genetically modified crops; making them easier to control."

"Genetically modified crops? Is that why you guys were in the Genesis Archive?" You ask the doctor.

"Precisely!" He exclaims, "Unknown to the major governments, Xul, is a very Earth like planet... If you can get past all the wear and tear from the weapon testing that bombards this planet. There's three things we're here for; One: We're looking fore pure strains of plant DNA, once we get her hands on this, we can burn the modified crops, freeing citizens of their unknown enslavement. Two: We plan to reclaim corrupted worlds through biological weapons, so we use Genesis Facilities to fabricate powerful disease strains. If our enemies are weak, then we don't have to worry about our few number of forces. Well, I guess three kind of coincides with two; We make our soldiers immune to the bio engineered toxins we use for combat, this way they can fight on the battlefield while gas is being deployed.''

The doctor takes a deep breath, "That was certainly quite the discourse, wouldn't you agree?"

"You still haven't answered my other question, doc." you state.

"My apologies," Says the doctor, "the experiments we conduct on our subjects are for immunization tests. We need to make sure the human body reacts well so we can end the brainwashing from the governments... We also put our soldiers through, as I said before, tests to make them immune to bio-weapons... We've had mixed results. On our soldiers currently, they are immune to the gas we use. As for citizens... The anti GMC vaccinations still need some refinement."

Choose:
>Any additional question from: >>942722
>"Where do you citizens to test upon?"
>"Why did Maverick have to die?"
>"Why are you telling me all of this?"
>>
>>943113
>"Where do you get citizens to test upon."*

Really hate it when I accidentally forget a word.
>>
>>943113
>given genetically modified crops; making them easier to control.
> We plan to reclaim corrupted worlds through biological weapons
If all you have is a hammer...

>"Why are you telling me all of this?"
I would like to make some better suggestions but there has been no worldbuilding so I really can't. Why would they think this world is pure when the biosphere is being controlled by machines created by unknown makers? Is there really no-where else to get non-mind control crops? Is the no other powers in the region who, if informed of what these assholes have done, can force a regime transition and without biological weapons and planet wide burnoffs?
It all sounds a bit contrived really.
>>
>>943222
To be frank, I went in with a simple premise, out came some convoluted scifi speal.
>>
>>943222
On consideration, give me a day to continue the story and I believe I can rectify some of your concerns/critique through story telling, since I've been winging the story for a while anyway now.

And I think the first paragraph here: >>932827. Explains why Xul is reprieved to be a pristine world. I mean you're essentially the only player, if you want I could just continue winging it.
>>
i read too :)
>>
"Hold up a second doc," You interject, "why are you telling me all of this? Just moments ago, I was nothing more to you than lab rat."

"Truthfully," the doctor says, "I see potential in you. You're a very perceptive person, I think you would be extremely beneficial to our cause."

"Why would I join you? You guys killed Maverick in cold blood! Albeit, I had my doubts about him, but he didn't deserve such a death!." You reply, with concern in your voice.

"I see..." The doctor pauses for a moment, "You've met already met Riothamus, haven't you? He can be a little... uh.. blunt, if you will."

"Blunt? You call murder without hesitation blunt?" You question.

The doctor taps on his clipboard, "According to my report, you and your buddy... 'Maverick' was it? You both we're armed and then, moments prior to his death, he assaulted one of our soldiers. Correct?

You continue to stare at the doctor.

"See, Riothamus doesn't like to pussyfoot around... He also happens to be quite frugal when it comes to our resources. He addressed your ally as a threat, and disposed of him before any of our soldiers ended up seriously hurt. We only have so many men to spare; the two large military forces within the inner colony worlds outnumber us, at least five to one." The doctor speaks sternly, "And if we plan to achieve our goals, we can't lose any forces over such trivial things!" Once again speaking calmly, he continues his lecture, "While personally, if it was my call, I would have attempted to subdue him... Well, have my troops subdue him, considering my age."

Gritting your teeth in anger, you're not sure what to make of this, It appears they want whats best for the galaxy, but there's just no way of knowing how truthful his statements are.

The doctor takes notice of your angst, "I see you still have your reservations about us, that's understandable. If you choose to believe my words, I can tell you everything we know. Or you can wait for Riothamus to return from the Genesis facility and he can debrief you about our mission on the bridge."

The doctor stops leaning on his desk, he moves and you immediately point the pistol at him. "Oh stop with that already," he says, brushing off your threat, "I can tell that you're having a tough time taking all of this information in, You still have many doubts about what I've told you, and what you perceived as truth prior to our meeting." He sits down at his desk and begins pinching his chin with his index finger and thumb, questioning aloud, "Perhaps I should have started off by telling you my name? For what it's worth to you, my name is Titus, lead medic and head of research aboard the 'Messiah'.

Choose:
>Any previous question
>"Okay fine, tell me everything you guys know." (could lead to wall of text)
>"I'll hear out Riothamus, I want to see proof of everything before making such a decision.
>>
>>945425
>Any previous question
Our dog
Maverick's crew
Our ship
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.