[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ASSAULT HORIZON EU: DARK SPACES

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

File: DarkSpaces.png (74KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
DarkSpaces.png
74KB, 800x800px
Drifting in space in your cryo pod, you start having visions, dreams. Each of these visions are more brutal than the last and ends with you and some creature.

You are awoken by your computer telling you about a signal that she detected, a signal that is only a second long and is white noise. It says that you are starting to drift near it. Orion 12, owned by UCOS and is one of the mining planets that has not received any new workers in 10 UGF standard years.

Being the nosy UGF officer you are, you say to start the decent onto the planet. Your computer says there is enough time to hone your skills on the holodeck

>Keep at the controls
>Go to the holodeck
>>
>>926296
>Keep at the controls
>>
>>926343
You decide to stay at the controls and land your ship onto the planet, still picking up the signal.

You look up on your screen any information about UCOS and their management history. It is said that UCOS was forced into the Orion system by their ex-parent company Star fliers for illegal use of basically slave labour, long hours, no pay and security that was paid to rough up the workers as much as possible. Being forced into the Orion system made it so they can perform these activities to their desire, without involvement from the UGF.

You ask the computer why you are even in the outer ring system in the first place. It gives you a non-answer, dodging it by saying "I picked up the signal".

As you land on the planet, you notice all of the surface structures are rusted and worn down.

There are 2 entrances, the main office and mining baracks.

>Barracks
>Office
>>
>>926518
>Office
>>
>>926542
You go into the office and are greeted by a masked person. He says welcome to UCOS Orion 12 mines and wasks what your business is here.

You reply that you found a distress signal and he laughs.

"That is our test signal, when you don't hear it, that's when there is trouble!"

You hear whirring sounds and notice the monitor overviewing nothing.

>Ask about the monitor
>Ask about the signal
>Ask about the mines
>>
>>926767
>Ask about the signal
>>
>>926835
You ask more about the signal and he replies with a bit of an overview.

"The signal is sent across all UCOS planets in a way to keep into contact with each other, constant signalling means that in a power failure or an attack, we don't have to scream about the lack of power to send a signal. Now, officer, do you wish to have a look around the main facility? Surely the mines don't interest you"

>Ask more questions
>Accept
>Go to the mines.
>>
>>926995
>Accept
>>
>>927052
He nods, and grabs your arm taking you through a door. You see more masked figures walking around with weaponry and an empty desk.

"You see here, our security forces work tirelessly day and night to provide the upmost security to our workers. Any insidious behaviour is destroyed quickly."

You look back over to the desk and see that the computer is a very old model. Some of the security officers stare at you before walking again.

The greeter still shows you the way down the halls, with flickering lights and cracked screens.

"As you can see here again, we have the highest of technology to our name. These halls are cleaned 24/7 by our lovely workers"

>Point out the flaws in the hallway
>Continue the tour.
>>
>>927079
>Point out the flaws in the hallway
>>
>>927133
You point them out and the greeter turns around, his blue eyes piercing you.

"I don't see what you are talking about, this hall is perfect. Can't please some people... this way please"

You continue to follow him to a room with a desk and a TV monitor. The desk looks like it hasn't been used in decades.

"Mr. Carim, may I introduce you to this fine UGF officer who wanted to take a tour today?"

He turns to you.

"Mr. Carim is this planet's owner and head of this facility. He likes to give a speech and get you to watch a video"

You turn back to the desk and still see no person there.

"May you take a seat?"

>Decline
>Ask him about what he sees
>Accept and sit down.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d100)

ignore this roll. Testing something
>>
>>927172
>Ask him about what he sees
hmm, strange...
>>
>>927189
"Why, I see Mr. Carim sitting there, with his smile politely gesturing you to sit down so he can show off his video about the opportunities we give at UCOS Orion 12 mines. Being free from the company policies of the UGF makes us one of the most successful mines and one of the most worker friendly."

The monitor on the desk still works and looks like a video is on a constant loop with it. There is also a camera staring directly at you.

>Sit down
>Decline
>Ask the greeter how long he has been here.
>>
>>927218
>Ask the greeter how long he has been here.
>>
>>927222
He puts his hand to his chin, scratching it.

"Well, today is 12/14/3021 standard UGF date, so about ten years of active service. Why do you ask officer?"

The current date is 12/14/4011 standard UGF date.

A bell whistle comes online.

"Ah well, our tour has to be over officer. So sorry Mr Carim, it's finishing time so we have to go. So sorry sir"

He bows to the air and guides you out with the security forces making a tunnel for both you to go through. You stop at the main door.

"So officer, did you enjoy the facility?"

>Explain how what he sees isn't there
>Lie and say it was enjoyable
>Ask if you can look around the foyer some more
>>
>>927253
>>Explain how what he sees isn't there
>>
>>927253
>Explain how what he sees isn't there
>>
>>927256
>>927257
He laughs.

"Are you sure you haven't huffed any of the planetary fumes officer? All that I pointed out is there, down to the individual teeth of Mr Carim. Now off you pop, tell the UGF everything is fine here"

He pushes you out and you turn to see your ship in flames. You try knocking on the door to the foyer but no response can be heard. There is an elevator to the mines with security officers.

>Wait on the surface
>Go down to the mines for some help
>>
>>927271
>Go down to the mines for some help
>>
>>927271
>>Go down to the mines for some help
>>
>>927281
>>927285
You start walking over to the mine elevator and press to go down. There is a bit of a shake and a moan before it starts descending. One the way down, it is playing a video on a broken screen.

"Congratulations miner, you have made the right choice to serve ten standard UGF years on UCOS Orion 12 mines. Here, without the guidelines of the UGF, we can do so much more to improve your working experience without sacrificing your wages. On Orion 12, our security forces are more than happy to assist you with any of your work related duties, other than doing the work for you of course, hahahaha. When this elevator comes to a stop, you need to sign in with the security station as the end of the hall and get a registration chip implanted or else our security will not recognise you and open fire. Have a nice ten years miner! UCOS, a company for me and a company for you."

The elevator opens and there is a dark hallway with a flickering light over a security station. You walk up and see nobody. On the desk there is a weapon, a chip implantation machine and a checklist. The door at the end of the hall has a camera. There is a bell with a sign to ring if there is nobody at the desk.

>Ring the bell
>Go to the door
>Have a look inside the desk.
>>
>>927307
>Have a look inside the desk.
What are they hiding?
>>
>>927329
You go over and examine everything on top of the desk first. The weapon looks like it has been fired recently and looks to be a brand new model. You pick it up and check if it has ammo. It has one bullet missing. You place that down and see the chip implementer. It says the last time it was used was fifteen standard UGF months ago. You also check the checklist and it is a mess of scribbles and dried blood.

The first drawer of the desk reveals another checklist, one that is legible but completed. It has a list of names, new miners and security forces most likely. The next drawer has identification chips in it, with an addon you have never seen before. The last drawer has a PDA. Before you can open it, one of the security guards taps you on your shoulder.

"What is your business here?"

>Explain you are a UGF officer
>Lie and say you are a miner
>Tell him about your ship
>>
>>927372
>Explain you are a UGF officer
>>
>>927372
>>Explain you are a UGF officer
>>
>>927400
He stares at the ceiling then back down to you.

"You do know this is the mines and not the main office, correct?"

You tell him that you already visited the office and tell him the experience you had in there.

"I can detect that you are not lying, but, in either case, you are not allowed to leave these mines at the moment. You will have to wait for someone's contract to expire and the elevator to come down. Here, I'll take you to the barracks so you can wait"

>Ask why you need to wait for a contract to expire
>Ask about the facility
>Go with him
>Tell him about the ship
>Stay behind.
>>
>>927418
>>Ask why you need to wait for a contract to expire
>>
>>927418
>Ask why you need to wait for a contract to expire
>Ask about the facility
>>
>>927427
>>927432
He looks at you with blue eyes.

"The chips are outfitted with a timer, a time of the contract. It will send a signal when it times out and calls the elevator down. This way, we can make sure that miners don't run out of a job before the contracted time is over. Of course, it is easier to shoot them"

You look at his gun around his belt.

"As for the facility itself, we have been operating for close to a UGF millenia. It is 12/14/4011 today isn't it?"

You nod, thinking back to the greeter and how he got the date wrong

"In any case, we have been operating for a long time mining out materials used by every company and sometimes the UGF. But please, I insist for you to come to the barracks to wait it out"

>Stay
>Go to barracks
>Tell him about the ship
>>
>>927448
>>Tell him about the ship
>>
>>927448
>Tell him about the ship
>>
>>927453
>>927463
You tell him about the ship but he makes a waving gesture.

"You don't need your ship anymore, our planetary ships will get you anywhere you need to be. We are so sorry officer"

You notice something sparkle behind the mask and on his wrist. The security guard's eyes start to narrow and glow.

"I'll ask again, are you coming or not?"

>Stay
>Follow
>>
>>927477
>Stay
>>
>>927491
You ask if you can stay and the guard shrugs.

"If you wish."

He then starts walking away as the door opens for him, showing off more of the hallways.

You take a look around before opening the PDA.

It lists off hundreds of corrupted files with one still readable. You click on it to read it and it comes up with a title.

THE LAST TRY

Everything and everything has got to lead up to this. We have dug so far into this planet and still it hasn't turned up. The miners are getting frustrated and security is breaking down. I can't do more of this anymore, cryo pods can only do so much for my body. So today I am deciding if it isn't discovered on this day, I'm gassing the facility and packing everything up. It's just a failed expedition then. UCOS CEO is going to be mad that I don't have anything to show him for the mine other than a few lousy minerals
Christopher Carim

You hear a noise in vents and the camera is slowly swinging towards you

>Try and use your communicator
>Investigate the vents
>Wave at the camera.
>>
>>927525
>Investigate the vents
>>
>>927565
You walk over to one of the vent grates and take it off. These are huge vents, 2 of you could probably fit in there.

You see nothing out of the ordinary in there except for some smoke coming at the end of it. There is a rattling in the vents above though. You could get to the above vents via this one.

>Go in
>Stay
>>
>>927580
>Go in
As fast as we can.
>>
Goodnight, OP.
>>
>>927603
You crawl into the vent and start scurrying fast. Your vision is slowly being reduced every crawl you do, making it hard to see where you are going.

Eventually, you try and turn on your communicator to get some light in there, but you are met with a face then total darkness.

You wake up on a bed, strapped down as security forces are wheeling you around.
"You should've come when you had the chance..."

You look around and see the place in almost total shamble. Lights flickering, rust and blood stains all up the walls and electrical sparks flying onto you.

>Struggle
>Don't struggle
>>
>>927621
G'night
>>
Forgot to discord this thread

https://discord.gg/bJRQ3Nb
>>
>>927622
>Struggle
>>
File: Security.png (60KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Security.png
60KB, 800x800px
>>933363
You struggle and release yourself from the straps. While struggling, you kick off one of the masks of the security forces, revealing their cyborg form. You hop off the bed and start running as the Security forces eerily and slowly turn around to face you.

You look around to see if there is any signage explaining where you are. All you can see is the rust that decorates the walls and the broken screens. You keep running before you hit a door with a computer located in front of it. You can hear marching nearby.

>Check the computer
>Try to pry open the door
>Try a different way.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.