[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Cosmic Castaway- Quest I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

File: gazing cosmic castaway.jpg (188KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gazing cosmic castaway.jpg
188KB, 1920x1080px
>"Space exploration is a force of nature unto itself that no other force in society can rival."
-Neil deGrasse Tyson

You are a Castaway, a thrill-seeker set adrift among the cosmos with no true boundaries to keep you in place... save for the ones you make yourself.

The question is... what are you?

> Human: Us essentially, adaptable and without inherent strengths or weaknesses.
>Any descriptor really

> Archanatrites: An inorganic species of silicon and sulfur with a tough exoskeleton laced with natural ceramic alblative plates. Slow moving, and unfairly thought of as slow thinking, these gentle giants roam across volcanic worlds or those baked in the heat of young stars. Naturally resistant to thermal based environments, radiation and weapons, weak to blunt force trauma and extremes in cold.
> Frank, Amiable, Prudent

> Ersatz: A species of sentient metal alloy shards that are highly magnetic, and can rapidly alter their form to adapt to a situation. Known for sticking to cold desolate worlds, or the outer reaches of a systems' oort cloud, these beings mostly keep to themselves. Weak to Electricity and electrical pulses, extremes in heat but resistant to extremes in cold.
-Mercurial, Aloof, Evasive
>Shea-San-Ka- An Organic race that resemble something like the Therapods of Ancient Earth, with feathers covering their small forms in all manner of colors and lengths. Small and agile, they are among the cleverest bastards to prowl the stars and their economies... No bigger than a Turkey though so not so great with straight up conflict.

> Write in species (Can be from any genre you wish think of an advantage and a drawback, along with what they should look like)
What is your profession? (Will determine certain other benefits, can choose up to two)

> Space Engineer
> Xeno-Biologist
> Physicist
> Cybercriminal
> Mercenary/ Ex-Military
> Diplomat
> Courier
> Starship Mechanic
> Laborer
> Free spirit
> Vigilante
> Exterminator
> Explorer
> Miner
> Write in

And what is your name?
> Write in

(Hey all, hopefully I can respond at least once a day to this quest... just thought I'd try and make one since I've settled in to a new job.)
>>
>>921843
>Ersatz: A species of sentient metal alloy shards that are highly magnetic, and can rapidly alter their form to adapt to a situation. Known for sticking to cold desolate worlds, or the outer reaches of a systems' oort cloud, these beings mostly keep to themselves. Weak to Electricity and electrical pulses, extremes in heat but resistant to extremes in cold.
> Xeno-Biologist
> Diplomat
Zes "Alan" Crichton
>>
>>921843
Race : alakar - an inorganic race that outwardly resemble large silicon crystals, they possess uncanny memory and intellect due to their semi computer like brains, they are resistant to extremes of both heat and cold so long as the change is gradual otherwise the thermal shock damages them greatly, their crystalline nature makes them somewhat brittle to physical assaults, they tend to reside on desert planets due to the larger amount of silicon present in the sand, they are known to be cold, calculating and manipulative

Profession: Space engineer and cybercriminal
>>
> Human: Us essentially, adaptable and without inherent strengths or weaknesses.
> Space Engineer
> Explorer
>>
>>922801
Supporting this
>>
>>922452
+1 if allowed
If not
Ersatz
Space engineer
Ex military
>>
File: ricksanchez.jpg (50KB, 450x573px) Image search: [Google]
ricksanchez.jpg
50KB, 450x573px
>>922801
>>922831
Space Science HOOOOO
>>
>>921843
>>>921843
>>Ersatz: A species of sentient metal alloy shards that are highly magnetic, and can rapidly alter their form to adapt to a situation. Known for sticking to cold desolate worlds, or the outer reaches of a systems' oort cloud, these beings mostly keep to themselves. Weak to Electricity and electrical pulses, extremes in heat but resistant to extremes in cold.
>> Xeno-Biologist
>> Diplomat
>Zes "Alan" Crichton
>>
>Write-In
Catgirl
>Diplomat
>Courier
>>
>>921843
Space exploration isn't a force of nature unto itself. Greed is.
>>
>>921843
Race
>Write-In
>>Scorpiongirl (Pic Related)
Advantage - Excels in Melee Combat and Resistance to Blunt/Penetrating Trauma
Drawback - Untrustworthy and Sluggish.
>Profession
Mercenary
Starship Mechanic
>>
>>923900
+1
>>
>>921843
>Shea-San-Ka- An
>Miner
>>
>>923900
Supporting.
>>
>>922986
>>922831
>>922801
That's 3 votes vs alot of other races that aren't quite as cohesive... So...

A Human Explorer/Engineer it is

Though can we all decide upon a name for our Explorer/Space engineer?

>>921843

>You are among the latest tide of sentient life to sweep across the cosmos, to adapt, to persevere and humans have taken well to the life of the nomad.

>>923740
>Greed was certainly one of the major factors that lead you and many others to leave for a life among the stars. The nebulae, planets and anomalies scattered across galaxies are rich with exotic matter and more mundane but still precious materials after all.

>Currently, your vessel drifts aimlessly in the void on auto, the night cycle aboard your ship shifting to day and groggily you get up from a restless night's sleep. Usually you slept soundly, but there was something... off about last night, how real some of the dreams felt, the imminent danger and sense of dread.

>Slowly you raise from your quarters, a recessed pod amongst four others, their modular construction mimicking that of the rest of your ship. As it hissed shut behind you and the lights gradually increased in brightness, the blast doors opened to a modestly sized cockpit that gaze out onto the starfield of deep space.

>Your ship is geared towards a mixture of exploration, and the needs of an engineer. Repair bays and empty vehicles bays double as storage currently and with a modest supply of raw materials and food/water you could last a year easily before re-supply.

>With the start of a new day, the possibilities are endless, though some are obviously more profitable or fun than others...

>As you sit down in the Captain's chair, the star-map comes into focus as a three dimensional projection, with some galaxies and regions little more than pixels and others detailed right down to the surface of worlds and the swirl of gas in nebulae.

Current resources:
> Un-named Explorer ship:
LYPU: 15,000
Heat shielding: Moderate
Cargo capacity: 1 Medium vehicle or two light vehicles.
Max Crew: 5
Max Inventory capacity: 30 metric tons
>Current FTL Fuel; 700 units (7 metric tons)
>Current crew: None
>Status: Healthy
>Environmental suit class III
>Void suit Class IV
>Basic Fatigues/Hygiene products
>1 year supply of food/water (1.5 metric tons)
> Raw materials/equipment (1.5 metric tons)
> 1 All terrain bipedal walker, civilian class (2 metric tons)
> Credits: 1.5 Million
What shall you do?

>Search the star-map for possible mineral/matter rich areas to claim and go to them?
Cost 2d100 units of fuel, 2 weeks food/water
>Go to an incomplete sector of the star-map
Cost 1 d100+20 units of fuel, 1 week food/water
>Go to a civilized planet to search for crew/supplies/work
Cost 1 d100 -10 units of fuel (Minimum of 5), 1 week food/water
>Tinker around your ship and listen to FTL broadcasts in the area
Cost 0, 1 week food/water
>>
File: scorpian.jpg (553KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
scorpian.jpg
553KB, 1200x1200px
>>923972
>>
>>923972
>>923905
>>923900

Ah dammit... so we had a tie then... apologies, can we have a tie breaker? I forgot to refresh.
>>
Rolled 38 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>923976
>>
>>923979
Usually, when there's a tie, you compromise so...
Hybrid?
>>
>>923991
That sounds good + ref image is basically a human/scorpiongirl hybrid
>>
>>923977
This could be the main race, and
>>923900
This could be the hybrid?
>>
>>921843
Voting for Human Explorer/Enginee

>>923976
>>
>>924003
>>
>>924003
>>924004
>samefagging
>>
Rolled 58 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>924003
>>
>>923900
>>923979
This
>>
>>923900
>Scorpiongirl
Shit quest already
>>
>>922801
human engineer
>>
>>923900
Humans are boring so supported
>>
>>923991
hybrid seems fine to me
>>
>>924026

Well it seems allot of people want a scorpiongirl based on ;
>>924023
>>924000
>>923992
>>923991

I was trying to go for a more serious Sci-fi with races that are more unique or less relatable than humans to interact or play as... No rubber-forehead aliens or ones with only a few alterations...

And I was hoping people wouldn't go for Monstergirl material as there are plenty of other quests where this happens.

>>924035
True enough, but they're so damn relatable...

So now I'm in a dilema... Do you anons promise to take being a scorpion-like alien female seriously and not go all Waifu on it?

If not I might be able to compromise and we could find a crew member that fits that overall type.

>>924003
>>923980
>You decide it's best to go to Grichi 35a, a star system nestled in the heart of Proxima Aegialeus, a small spiral galaxy 870,000 light-years from your current position.

>The drives spool up with a few coordinates input and a inspirational kick to the drive matrix housing. Newton weeps and Einstein's ashes stir like electrons orbiting a uranium atom as once more the laws of physics are ignored and you enter a speed far exceeding that of light. You weren't a scientist of that particular field, so the reason of how you could get so far in a week's travel was not your concern...

>For the next week, you busied yourself checking your equipment, making sure your suits, your mech, and your ship were in good order and with your engineering skills you did fairly well in upkeep/maintenance... though it was still fairly basic...

> Finally you pop out of FTL and find your view filled with that of a rather beautiful yellow star system, scores of other ships seperated by thousands of kilometers (Really crowded you noted at that) in your immedeate vacinity slipped into and out of FTL at the edges of the system. Another few hours later on conventional plasma drives, and you arrived at your destination...

>Ulara
-Population: 1.9 Trillion
-Capita GDP: 14,812 credits
-Year length: 45 weeks
-Moons: 1, population 1.2 billion
-Main export product: Cargo freighters/3D printed goods/Refined Matter/FTL Drives
-Main Imports: FTL fuel/Raw Materials/Hydrogen Fuel/Thorium/Carbon

So where do you make landfall?
Also do we have a name for ourselves yet?

>Genesis Terminal: Large cargo ships make port here, less civilian traffic, easier to get lost on foot, slower transport to surface, cheaper Mooring. (10 credits/day for your ship class)

>Chrono Station: Higher class yachts and civilian vessels dock here, faster convenient transport to the surface, much more expensive (60 credits/day for your ship class)

>Illegally moore; There are unmarked/undesignated portions of the cityscape below that covers the world that could be used to dock for free, but it comes with two risks: Getting in trouble with local law enforcement, and/or having it stolen by less savory individuals... unless you happened to know them.
>>
>>924075
>>Genesis Terminal: Large cargo ships make port here, less civilian traffic, easier to get lost on foot, slower transport to surface, cheaper Mooring. (10 credits/day for your ship class)
>>
>>924075
>Genesis Terminal: Large cargo ships make port here, less civilian traffic, easier to get lost on foot, slower transport to surface, cheaper Mooring. (10 credits/day for your ship class)
Name: Kunama
>>
>>924075
Yeah, I can promise not to go waifu on it for the hybrid/monstergirl.
Name: Assyria
Genesis Terminal
>>
>>924075
>Do you anons promise to take being a scorpion-like alien female seriously and not go all Waifu on it?
I promise i won't. Can't say anything else about the other anons though.

>Illegally moore; There are unmarked/undesignated portions of the cityscape below that covers the world that could be used to dock for free, but it comes with two risks: Getting in trouble with local law enforcement, and/or having it stolen by less savory individuals... unless you happened to know them.
>>
>>922452
>>924075
Thought mine was fairly unique, also don't turn this into space waifu quest
>>
>>924075
I would like a more realistic race, scorpion girl just seems so dumb to me.
>>
>>928070
I would prefer alakar
>>
>>924075
>>
>>928074
Alakar is nowhere near winning
>>
>>928070
>>928336
And besides, we can rename it to sound less stupid.
>>
File: scorpion people.jpg (46KB, 564x539px) Image search: [Google]
scorpion people.jpg
46KB, 564x539px
Hmmm, something like this then. Having this race(or individual) be created by genetic modification would be quite cool now I think about it.
>>
>>928411
Eh, nah. We could have something like this >>924000
>>
>>928435
Oh didn't even see that. So it's just a humanoid species with a stinger.
>>
>>928455
(and four arms)
>>
>>928455
hmmm, maybe it can be a custom engineered body like something from eclipse phase instead of a race.
>>
>>928464
*species
>>
>>928464
Nah, I was talking about a genetically engineered hybrid between the two.
>>
>>928464
There is no need to spam with short answers... You'll take up most of the thread's posting limit if you do that.

>>924310
>>924109
>>924082
>>924080
>>928078

Genesis terminal it is then, and I guess we will go with the scorpion alien female.

>After awaiting clearance and transfer of credits, you dock at Genesis Terminal, a vast series of modular hanger bays that seemed filled with ships and cargo in equal measure. As you approached your docking zone, the deck around you shifted and provided a docking port where once was a half mile drop down to the next lowest port.

>"WELCOME TO ULARA..." came the voice of the automated greeter over your local PA system, there was a clunk as further clamps and tubing connected with your ship,

>"YOU ARE CLEAR TO DISEMBARK, REMINDER; YOU ARE DOCKED AT PORT 1498-B"

>Already dressed and ready within a functional set of fatigues, you enter the air-lock and let decontamination procedures begin. After a minute of being subjected to ultra-violet scrubbing; your species being resistant to small amounts of radiation and fairly clean otherwise, the iris of your ship opens and the platform's access ramp clanks into your ship...

>Beyond the walkway is a hustle and bustle of sentients of almost every species. Lumbering behemoths both organic and inorganic moving freight to and fro, workers and mechanics socializing or moving with purpose past the decks on multiple levels above and below, all whilst large cargo haulers and miners slowly drifted in and out of Genesis Terminal.

>There are no obvious signs or directions of where to go, though there appear to be both cargo elevators and crowded industrial grav-shutes to transport people and material both up and down. As your carapace clad feet finally meet solid ferracrete, you breath in the semi-polluted air and ...

What does our scorpion alien girl do now? (Can do up to two things below)

>Ask for directions from one of the workers, perhaps they know where to search for supplies, work orders/requisitions, and perhaps where you could hire someone
>Costs: 2 hours of time
>Roll 1d100+5- Higher = more success, Lower = being ignored (Being an explorer gives you a better chance of finding the right person to ask for information having more experience with such things and meeting various cultures)

>Take a chance and go down one of the elevators, who knows who you might meet or find as you travel down to the surface. You might even meet someone on the way down...
>Cost: 1 hour of time
> Roll 1d20, random encounter

>Call for a repair service of your ship to look it over and order more supplies. Can always
>Cost Varies, Time Varies
>1d100-5 for which company you can contact, higher means better deal/cheaper costs for you.

>Explore the current level you are on, it stretches on for a few miles in either direction, with bridges connecting other docks in the distance. Who knows what you will find or meet
>Time 3 hours
>2 Encounters, Roll 2d20's
>>
Rolled 14, 13 = 27 (2d20)

>>928600
>>Explore the current level you are on, it stretches on for a few miles in either direction, with bridges connecting other docks in the distance. Who knows what you will find or meet
>>Time 3 hours
>>2 Encounters, Roll 2d20's

Threads autosage after 72 hours and bump limit is 750, so at this rate you have nothing to worry about.
>>
Rolled 19, 12 = 31 (2d20)

>>928600
Explore the current level you are on.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.