[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You are an Evil Overlord! (1)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

File: Evil Overlord.jpg (39KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Evil Overlord.jpg
39KB, 640x400px
You are an Evil Overlord, but before you attempt to consolidate your rule, what is this world like?

Is it magical? (Standard Medieval High Fantasy, with a few twists and inverted cliches. For example, Humans once ruled a mighty empire and are in severe decline.)

Is it scientifically advanced? (Somewhat Soft Sci-Fi, in the distant future, humanity has expanded beyond earth, and has fractured into hundreds of competing factions.)

Or is it steampunk? (Centuries after the nuclear apocalypse turned the world into barren desert, civilization has rebuilt in a strange mish-mash of renaissance, medieval, and futuristic technology.)

(More options will follow.))
>>
>>918159
>scientifically advanced
>>
>>918159
>steampunk

I've seen Star Wars and several LotR knock-offs. Gimme a Steampunk Evil Overlord!
>>
>>918159
>scientifically advanced
>>
>>918159
Scientifically advanced, but after a cataclysmic and apocalyptic event has wiped out most of humanity. Because of this, all scientific understanding was lost and the seemingly godlike relics left are worshipped as magic. Perhaps even as gods or deities in the case of some robots or rudimentary AI?
>>
>>918196

That was the case with the Steampunk option. Futuristic technology exists, but it's extremely rare, ancient, and poorly understood.
>>
>>918159
scientifically advanced?
>>
>>918205
If the vote goes to scientifically advanced can we still do it? Just sans the gears and victorianism.
>>
>>918269

I suppose so, I really meant post-apocalyppost-apocalyptic more than steampunk.
>>
>>918278

Damned autocorrect, I meant a post-apocalytpic anchroistic tech-level more than steampunk.
>>
>>918159
>steampunk
>>
>>918159
>steampunk
>>
>>918159
LEts get steamy!
>>
File: thomasthedankengine.jpg (7KB, 270x187px) Image search: [Google]
thomasthedankengine.jpg
7KB, 270x187px
>>918159
>steeaaaampuuuunnnnk
>>
>>918159

Let's become the punks of the steam
>>
>>918159
I'd rather have sci-fi due to my HQQ withdrawal.
Maybe have it be both sci-fi and steampunk, humanity has expanded beyond earth but a catastrophe has caused earth(or maybe the entire solar system) to be out of reach from any of the factions and earth itself has radically changed.
>>
Steam punk mah boys
>>
OP here.

>>918166
>>918184
>>918196
>>918221

4 votes for scientifically advanced.

>>918182
>>918359
>>918675
>>918678
>>918692
>>918823
>>919206

7 votes for steampunk.

STEAMPUNK IT IS! Post coming soon.
>>
>>919258
What do you think of my idea here?
>>919004
>>
Ah yes, this world is Steampunk. In ancient times, Humanity was extremely advanced, but destroyed itself in an apocalyptic nuclear conflict, turning the world into arid desert. In the centuries since, civilization had has rebuilt, though in no easily recognizable form. Medieval and reniassance technologies are used side by side with early modern machinery, and ancient futuristic relics. The Vydil Empire has reverted to a Feudal system of governance, and this is were you find yourself. Before we go into your attempts for WORLD DOMINATION, or at least, regional domination, answer a few more questions.

Do Magic and the Supernatural exist in this world, or is it an idle superstition of the masses?
(If this option is chosen, it adds wizards, supernatural monsters, and rare magi-tech. Also, you will get a few additional choices before starting.)

How difficult will your path to dominance be? This determines your starting situation.

1.) Challenging, but certainly possible, given your means.
2.) Extremely difficult, it will take some work to get there.
3.) Nigh impossible, you crazy bastard, you're insane.

Who are you, personally?

1.) A corrupt noble, you begin with a palace and a fief, along with political connections and a respectable fortune in coin. You are a skilled politician and extremely charismatic.

2.) A mad engineer, you begin with a cave lair and a set of tools, along with a few complicated machines and ingenious inventions. You are a skilled mechanic and extremely intelligent.

3.) A master duelist, you begin with a suit of masterwork armor and weapons, as well as a band of loyal scum who would die for you. You are unparalleled the art of warfare, and have an extremely honed physique.

What is your name?

Are you a man or a woman?

What do you look like?
>>
>>920069
So no ancient AI?
>>
>>920069
Low magic please.
3.) A master duelist, you begin with a suit of masterwork armor and weapons, as well as a band of loyal scum who would die for you. You are unparalleled the art of warfare, and have an extremely honed physique.

Sara Alfried
Woman
Blonde of above average height and impressive assets.
>>
>>919273
>>920096

OP here, I like the idea of Admech-esque Cargo Cultists, so I'll incorporate the idea.
>>
>>920128

Also, the option to include magic is low magic, Magic is extremely powerful and versatile, but Users are incredibly rare and usually hidden. Magical creatures are more along the lines of "Goes bump in the night" rather than unicorns and fairies. Possibly some Eldritch and/or Demonic influences.
>>
>>920144
Low magic = extremely powerful magic?
Then no magic for me please.
>>920113
>>
>>920113
Supporting. Yes magic.
>>
>>920069
>Does Magic exist?
Nah
>2.) Extremely difficult, it will take some work to get there.
> A mad engineer, you begin with a cave lair and a set of tools, along with a few complicated machines and ingenious inventions. You are a skilled mechanic and extremely intelligent.
Name: Barnabas Kroeger
Man
Diabolical conquistador looking face hair. Cool mechanical implements. Short dark-brown hair and usual height, maybe a lil bit taller then the norm.
>>
>>920069
Can we be a pre-apocalypse man who uploaded his brain to a robot body then went to hibernation in a bunker?
>>
>>920069
Yes Magic
2.) Extremely difficult
3.) A master duelist
Barnabas Kroeger
man
>>
>>920156

By low magic, I don't mean low powered, I mean low prevalence. There might be a handful of master Wizards all over the world, and they'd remain hidden at all costs due to peasant lynch mobs. Most people will never see a mage wield his power in their lifetime, and many believe that magic doesn't exist. Magical monsters are equally rare, as most man-eating beasts are the result of simple mutations, but when they're encountered, they are unnerving, and fundamentally wrong. I hate the idea of arcadey, industrialized magic in a steampunk setting. Fantasy, maybe, but steampunk? Subtle and elusive.
>>
>>920180

I'm sorry, but no. If you go the Mad Engineer route, you can eventually become a cyborg.
>>
>>920069
>>920128
>>2.) Extremely difficult, it will take some work to get there.
>>4.) Forgotten AI reactivated
Name: Thanatos
Appearance: start off with some sort of mainframe and put our consciousness in other old machines later
>>
>>920069
Magic and the Supernatural exist yes
A mad engineer
>>
>>920069
Yes to magic
Extremely difficult
Mad engineer
>>
OP here.

>>920113
>>920166

2 votes for Sara Alfreid the Master Duelist,

>>920176
>>920350
>>920524

3 votes for Barnabas Kroeger the Mad Engineer,

>>920201

and 1 vote for Barnabas Kroeger the Master Duelist.

Barnabas Kroger the Mad Engineer it is.

>>920156
>>920176

2 votes for No Magic,

>>920166
>>920201
>>920350
>>920524

4 votes for Yes Magic.

Magic and the supernatural exist.

Your journey will be extremely difficult.

Post coming soon.
>>
Your given birth name is Barnabas Kroger! You are a brilliant machinist and possess a powerful intellect, such as the world has never before seen! You are destined for great things, and one day, this world shall kneel before you!

Or so you tell yourself. With a yawn, you awaken, and look around yourself. You recline on a small cot, wrapped up in a tattered blanket. The room is small and cramped, lit by an oil lamp sitting on a metal stool. Parts litter the floor, a mess of oil stains and all manner of technological scrap litters the floor. Despite the clutter, everything is impeccably neat and organized.

You get to your feet, and walk out of your makeshift bedroom, emerging into your laboratory at large. The laboratory is much more spacious, and several finished and unfinished works lay strewn about. Your eyes pass over your work, and come to rest on your most prized invention.

It stands tall, at approximately 6.5 feet, with a humanoid body made of scavenged rusted steel scrap and recycled cast iron. Its limbs aren't flexible, but have elbow and knee joints. Wires stick out of the gaps in the machine's chassis, and its frame is covered with dents. You reach forward, and open a latch, revealing a button dial. A rapid sequence of pushes later, the machine's ocular sensors light up, glowing blue.

A simple utility drone, its processing core is partially made from a scavenged ancient thinking machine. While it has no personality whatsoever, and it has little intelligence overall, it is still leagues ahead of everything else you've seen, barring the ancient machines. You haven't named it yet, perhaps you should.

"GOOD MORNING MASTER. WHAT WILL WE BE DOING TODAY?"

> What will you be doing today? You haven't heard news of the outside world in almost four months, though you do know a few things about the region surrounding your abode. Crows-Pitch, a small town of almost five hundred, lies a month's travel to the south. Your lair is in the mountains, rich with ore and heavily forested, yet sparsely populated. It is the ideal location.

Healthy

HOLDINGS:
A very,(for the time period, at least) advanced isolated cave laboratory.

PROPERTY:
10,000 Vydillian Credits
2 month's rations
1,000 Scrap, (This is used to build the parts for machines)
500 Tech-Scrap, (This is used to make machines actually function)
>>
>>921198
Build a suit of combat armor. Doesn't need to be anything fancy for now, just lightly protective and highly modular for later improvement

>we iron man now
>>
>>921379

I second this. A battlemech if we can.
>>
>>921379
>>921511
>nothing fancy
>battlemech
error: two statements not equal
>>
>>921198
BUILD A BATTLE MECH, LIKE SPACE MARINE POWER ARMOR SON.
>>
>>921198
Hm make some scouting drones if we can. Otherwise it would be good to know if anyone moved in around here.
>>
>>922917
We can attach scout drones to our IRON MAN armor
>>
>>921198
We should make mining and building drones and start mining minerals for a steady income and resources for our cool machines and gadgets
>>
>>921379
>>921379

or at least atart work on one
>>
>>921198
Begin work on a desktop pc in order to design and incorporate ai and build machines at a faster rate. That way we can have a robot army for world domination.
>>
>>923499
We as a scientist have to keep in mind one important aspect of world dination

What method will atract more pussy
>>
>>923532
Mining drones. Because we can obtain mad bling
>>
>>923483
This is the smart option to start with. If we use all our scrap building armour, we'll have to use a damned pickaxe to actually get any ore.
>>
File: maxresdefault9-1024x576.jpg (124KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault9-1024x576.jpg
124KB, 1024x576px
So much potential, so much promise... squandered
Maybe a return is necessary...
>>
>>934994
Never giving up hope for a 3rd Overlord.
>>
>>935503
A few months ago I was running an overlord thread but had to quit because internet woes. But now I have the ability to run one again.
>>
>>935524
hijack the thread them, I don't think op is comming back, maybe we chose the wrong bad fun
>>
>>936769
Alright. Thursday I will be picking up my quest. You guys will decide starting from scratch or picking up exactly where the last thread ended
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.