[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Puzzles and riddles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: 19rjeXf.jpg (31KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
19rjeXf.jpg
31KB, 640x400px
do you like puzzles?
>>
>>911863
there is a bird in the picture....
is that the secret?
>>
>>911964
Where?
I don't see it.
>>
we have aided you too much already. from now on there will be no more hints.
>>
I give up. I stared at the eagle, I stared at the time it was posted, I scrutinized the file name, I counted the words and letters, and I still missed whatever it is.
>>
red wings? something about a sex metaphor?
>>
>>912811
you have to hold it upside down in a mirror and cross your eyes.
duh
>>
>>911863
Go back to leaddit with your real life National Treasure. Nobody here can solve that.
>>
Kinda looks like the Philadelphia Eagles, except theirs is just a head and this one looks meaner.
>>
File: NOEagleLogo_revversion.gif (34KB, 432x432px) Image search: [Google]
NOEagleLogo_revversion.gif
34KB, 432x432px
Oho. The North Olmsted Eagles, eh? What could this mean? Hope OP isn't shilling for their twitter page.
>>
>>913396
explain Cicada 3301?
>>
File: 812311_weather_512x512.png (3KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
812311_weather_512x512.png
3KB, 128x128px
>>913943
Though, Olmsted also rips off the Philly Eagles icon, so that might not mean much. A lot of schools seem to borrow this eagle, though, so from where?

Googling SKY812311 leads to an imgur posing the same challenge and an icon site, this icon specifically. I'm admittedly grasping at straws here.

Also, OP, if you're the person who's been doing those QR code challenges every now and then, I appreciate the effort. I'm not much good at them, but they're fun.
>>
The old Save It As A GIF trick doesn't seem to yield anything, but don't let that stop anyone savvier than me.
>>
File: badger.jpg (131KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
badger.jpg
131KB, 640x400px
Learned something interesting about the Philly Eagles (whose logo this isn't, by the way) they're the only team whose primary logo faces left, and presumably that's to hide an E in the ruffles of its white head.

Also, the more I look at that eagle, the funkier I realize it is. Like the legs sprouting from its chest; the 3, not 4, talons; the tail feathers flopping out where its legs kind of belong... They're even on full display, separated from behind the wings because apparently the artist was compelled to fully fan them out even though perspective doesn't work that way.

Heck, it looks like a quadruped if you take off the wings.
>>
>>914755
Posting from mobile rn, but try saving it and fucking around with contrast in GIMP to see if there's anything. Saving as .txt or .ogg/.mp3 and looking for info coded that way is also popular
>>
>>914875
I see. Got another project right now, but I'll give it a shot in a bit.
>>
File: 1481136418.jpg (180KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
1481136418.jpg
180KB, 640x400px
Fucked around with some sliders in paint.net. mp3 thing was unplayable and whatever txt did is outside my understanding.
>>
Perhaps barille?

Any idea if the color change of the wings from orange to red means anything?
>>
>>915011
Huh. I hadn't considered that discrepancy, since I'm still not even sure of the source. Matching the hue hasn't revealed anything new yet, but I won't discount it.
>>
Exif data, steg and a quick look for any changes when looking at .txt reveals nothing.

Anybody tried doing something with the filename?
>>
File: skydudesreddit.png (132KB, 1060x1098px) Image search: [Google]
skydudesreddit.png
132KB, 1060x1098px
So i looked around for a bit, they posted this to reddit aswell. and they posted it in different subreddits, and in this one they put in a link aswell.

I put in the decrypt/secret stuff.

So i guess we are looking for a keyword.
>>
I think either 4chan or imgur removes embedded things from hosted images. Forgot which one.

The imgur link has a slightly different sized image than OP's image so that's something.

http://i.imgur.com/19rjeXf.jpg
>>
>>914995
The blue squares visible here are most likely significant.
>>
>>915225
If the dots in the image are what we have to work with, there doesn't seem to be any difference.

>>915313
You could find those by just opening the image in paint and using the bucket tool on the black region. I got black and blue just because I wanted to see if anything could be revealed by altering the hue.

Folks on reddit's puzzle board did something interesting. by removing the text and eagle and running the dots through Photosounder, they got
>>
>>915655
Whoops. They got this funky tune as output. http://vocaroo.com/i/s0zOHczKoOMZ
>>
File: spooky.jpg (16KB, 320x242px) Image search: [Google]
spooky.jpg
16KB, 320x242px
>>915658
To that have they tried plyying it in reverse, and messing with the sound settings?
>>
>>915710
Reversed here via 3pm. http://vocaroo.com/i/s1esnIxvz5R9
>>
Any way to transcribe the notes? Could be spelling something out with FACE/EGBDF
>>
>>915148
Hold up, that decode there looks very close to becoming "your submissions". I'm trying to figure out the cypher based on that. It may indeed be a Caesar, though I'll be surprised if anything's being handed to us like this.
>>
Im super smart but I don't wanna solve because they'll take me away
>>
>>916057
Using "seto" as the keyword with 0 shift gets me "alhir your submissions!"
>>
>>916102
Seeing as this was posted on reddit, I'm willing to bet "alhir" is supposed to come out as "flair", so I'll try to work it out that way. Will the keyword give some insight into the eagle image?
>>
"Dermas" as a key gets the result I'm looking for.

By Greek etymology, it's the skin beneath the epidermis. By Yiddish etymology, refers to the beef or fowl intestine used to prepare savory dishes, especially kishke -- basically sausages -- or the kishke themselves. That can be further traced back to middle high german and old english for "guts". Thanks, dictionary site.

So, yay, a tenuous connection to the eagle! Not sure what was meant to lead us to dermas (if that is indeed the key word) aside from the process I went through. Thanks to swede anon for the reddit tip and the lead on the cipher.

Is this supposed to be a stage in the game or a separate challenge to the codebreaker reddit? If the latter, they certainly have an easier first half than us.
>>
>>915148
>>916368
Welp, that's actually a dead end. It's a reddit challenge, unrelated to this image.
>>
found a hidden 3301 in bottom right corner
>>
>>918004
>>911863
Thx for the hint Op
>>
>>918004
... and wwwwwwwhy is the purported puzzlemaster who said there wouldn't be hints giving hints? A hint that can be found verbatim on imgur?
>>
>>918041
Okay, not verbatim, my mistake, but still.
>>
we find it fun to play god
>>
sorry the 3301 is not on this version. the message still remains
>>
Well, you've certainly succeeded in shaking my faith.

I mean, on imgur there's a guy who says he discovered a 3301 in paint, and I can't replicate that maybe it has to do with my version of paint, but all my messing around in paint.net was meant to reveal something less obvious than the dots, and I came up with nothing there too.
>>
>>918067
And this is true for the imgur version as well.
>>
>>918067
that is because it was only in the original .png format.
>>
"the hidden code" still remains hidden.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.