[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Conflict: middle east political simulator "quest"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 15

File: meps.png (33KB, 638x344px) Image search: [Google]
meps.png
33KB, 638x344px
AKA Greater Israel the game. I'm playing through a round of this and you lovely gentlemen get to make the choices

>it's january 1997 and you're the newly elected leader of Israel. Chart a course of diplomatic, military, and covert policy with you many neighbors to ensure your country survives another day!
>play proceeds until every opposing country is occupied or couped, or a nuclear bomb is launched
>>
File: meps2.png (16KB, 633x346px) Image search: [Google]
meps2.png
16KB, 633x346px
first turn news. Looks like Syria is going to fight against Iraq (always a good thing to distract them, they're a proximal threat and have a large standing army). Also Iraq and Iran are playing allies so far
>>
File: meps3.png (15KB, 624x346px) Image search: [Google]
meps3.png
15KB, 624x346px
All right, the map and our current diplomatic/covert tracks. This is where we can input policy

>egypt (strong army!)
relations workable
stability solid
*diplomat acting aggressively towards us*

>iran
relations satisfactory
stability moderately solid

>Iraq
relations favorable
stability firm; rebels rabble
*war with syria*

>Jordan
relations satisfactory
stabillity very solid

>lebanon
relations indifferent
stabillity good; rebels rabble

>libya
relations workable
stabillity moderately solid; rebels rabble

>syria
relations satisfactory
stabillity firm;
*war with iraq, talks with iran and Lebanon*

--------------------

for each of these nations we may choose to either work to improve or sour or diplomatic relationship level. We may also attempt to support or persecute their rebels. If diplomatic relations get low enough military options become available, which will be dealt with in the following phase wherein ordnance is ordered and attacks called in

>Your orders for diplomacy and covert action, president?
>>
>>908159
in the short term for lack of interest I'm going to continue with my own directives until somebody else decides to issue some. May also help people understand the game system

I'm improving relations with egypt; they're our biggest threat if they should go to war and right now there are signs of an impending one. Syria is on the ropes right now and it's a perfect time for a knockout; Their relations will be soured and I'm hoping to score a quick war. I'm sending rebels aid in iran as they could still go to war with Iraq and trigger a nuclear war. The rest I will ignore as everything seems solid
>>
File: meps4.png (13KB, 637x348px) Image search: [Google]
meps4.png
13KB, 637x348px
here's the second part of our phase, where arms purchases are dealt with and "strategic action" AKA attacks are assigned. Also the nagging issue of our insurgency the palestinian problem is dealt with. We may also engage in nuclear research for the hell of it.

Who will sell arms to us depends highly on who we're allied with. In general the US sells the best equipment and the private dealers sell the worst. Money effects all of this, naturally

We can call in airstrikes to provoke opposing nations to war and cause them some material damage in the process with our strategic action, currently
>>
>>908208
alright. I'm buying a us a spy plane for 120 m (used to spot nuclear installations before they're finished) and 50 attack helis at 4m each for 200m.

I fund nuclear research for 20m. We don't have a Palestinian problem right now so no brigades have to be posted

strategic action. I want to go in hard for this one. I'm mobilizing on the syrian front and launching an economic airstrike against lebanon because they're going to get bowled over next. Lebanon is the shittiest army in the game and already in league with syria. Because Syria is fighting Iraq I've got a real chance to score a quick win against them
>>
File: meps5.png (21KB, 639x350px) Image search: [Google]
meps5.png
21KB, 639x350px
second turn news. Syria is winning the war with Iraq right now, the airstrike over lebanon was nasty and libya is beginning to turn against Syria
>>
File: meps6.png (16KB, 638x350px) Image search: [Google]
meps6.png
16KB, 638x350px
t2 diplomatic and covert options

>egypt (strong army!)
relations satisfactory(past diplomatic activity improve relations)
stability very solid (past covert activity n/a)

>iran
relations satisfactory (past diplomatic activity n/a)
stability moderately solid (past covert activity support rebels)
*improve relations with syria*

>Iraq
relations favorable (past diplomatic activity n/a)
stability firm; rebels ineffective(past covert activity n/a)
*war with syria*

>Jordan
stabillity very solid (past covert activity n/a)

>lebanon
relations lamentable (past diplomatic activity n/a)
stabillity good; rebels rabble (past covert activity n/a)
*improve relations with jordan; trade with syria*

>libya
relations workable (past diplomatic activity n/a)
stabillity moderately solid; rebels rabble (past covert activity n/a)

>syria
relations indifferent (past diplomatic activity soured relations)
stabillity firm; rebels rabble (past covert activity support rebels)
*war with iraq, talks with iran and Lebanon*
--------------------

our diplomatic relationship with egypt is deteriorating for an impending war. Lebanon is trying to recruit jordan as a diplomatic ally. In an open war with egypt we would most likely lose, save the support of Libya attacking from behind. I'm not sure if its possible to topple syria and kick lebanon down the stairs in time now.
>>
>>908254
I'm going to go for it anyways. Improving Egyptian relations, supporting syrian rebels and souring relations, supporting lebanese rebels, supporting iranian rebels, and improving iraq relations which nets us a trade deal (top relations)
>>
>>908258
also improve relations with libya and undercut iraqi rebellion efforts. I'm going to purchase 100 units at 2m apiece of US battle tanks, and fund nuclear weapons. Insurgency is rising but not a problem yet.

I decide to call military strikes on lebanon an syria. Syria has mobilized at our border which is why I'm not calling up the reserves yet
>>
File: meps7.png (20KB, 641x351px) Image search: [Google]
meps7.png
20KB, 641x351px
t3 news. You see how dangerous this world is?

Iran and syria pact against Iraq... my erstwhile ally my be toppled. Iraq is still beaing beat back by syria. Lebanon is going to fight us but our strike on syria failed
>>
File: meps8.png (16KB, 640x349px) Image search: [Google]
meps8.png
16KB, 640x349px
t3 diplomatic and covert options

>egypt (strong army!)
relations indifferent(past diplomatic activity improve relations)

>iran
stability moderately solid; rebels rabble (past covert activity support rebels)
*pact syria*

>Iraq
relations profitable (past diplomatic activity improve relations)
stability firm; rebels ineffective(past covert activity disrupt insurgents)
*war with syria*

>Jordan

>lebanon
relations brink of war (past diplomatic activity n/a)
stabillity fair; rebels ineffective(past covert activity support rebels)
*talks with jordan*

>libya
relations workable (past diplomatic activity improve relations)
stabillity moderately solid; rebels rabble (past covert activity disrupt rebels)

>syria
relations lamentable (past diplomatic activity soured relations)
stabillity firm; rebels rabble (past covert activity support rebels)
*war with iraq*

--------------------

egypt is nearing lower relations. Libya did not warm up. Lebanon wants to fight us and is trying to pact jordan but I doubt it'll happen in time. Syria is surprisingly not at war yet
>>
>>908273
so I'm pacting with Iraq and staying the course with the other nations as they were previously
>>
>>908276
buying 10 units tanks @ 2m ea and 10 attack gunships @ 8m ea. Funding nuclear weapons.I'm deploying for a war with lebanon which will be mercifully short I suspect. I'm calling another millitary airstrike on syria while their hands are tied
>>
File: meps9.png (21KB, 638x349px) Image search: [Google]
meps9.png
21KB, 638x349px
t4 news.

Lebanon folded like the tiny speck it was. Syria shot down the bombing run. And we're complaining of unprovoked attacks.... haha
>>
File: meps10.png (16KB, 637x347px) Image search: [Google]
meps10.png
16KB, 637x347px
retraction issued,as the last version had errors and was missing image.

t4 diplomatic and covert options

>egypt (strong army!)
relations lamentable!(past diplomatic activity improve relations)
*border dispute with israel*

>iran
stability moderately solid; rebels rabble (past covert activity support rebels)
*nuclear installation*

>Iraq
relations profitable (past diplomatic activity pact)
stability firm; rebels ineffective(past covert activity disrupt rebels)
*war with syria*

>Jordan

>lebanon
occupied

>libya
relations workable (past diplomatic activity improve relations)
stabillity moderately solid; rebels rabble (past covert activity disrupt rebels)

>syria
relations indifferent (past diplomatic activity n/a)
stabillity moderately solid; rebels ineffective (past covert activity support rebels)
*war with iraq*

--------------------

this is the start of a major war with egypt, and syria may triumph against iraq in time to stab us in the back and cause our failure. Libya isn't playing ball, and iran has nukes which may end the game if it fights Iraq. This might be the beginning of the end
>>
>>908294
our diplomatic posturing shall remain as previously aside from funding rebels in egypt. now we march to war, it's in the cards at this point
>>
>>908299
150 units of tank @ 2m ea and nuclear funding. Immediate full scale deployment against egypt
>>
File: meps11.png (36KB, 626x694px) Image search: [Google]
meps11.png
36KB, 626x694px
t5 hybrid report for the hell of it

iran is fighting in Iraq now and Iraq is getting pummeled.

Given the state of the ME right now diplomatic options are forgone as they're all effectively locked in. I am attempting to improve relations with jordan
>>
>>908312
I buy 200 tanks @ 2m ea and deploy further against egypt, hoping for the best. nuclear funding continues
>>
File: meps12.png (29KB, 622x694px) Image search: [Google]
meps12.png
29KB, 622x694px
t5 report. War with egypt is on and we're taking the early lead. Iraq will probably bomb out any day now, they're showing signs of rebellion on top of it all now. Yanks dropped our arms deals seemingly, which I should have guessed sadly
>>
>>908322
diplomacy is a continuation. We're deadlocked with libya sadly, and jordan isn't showing much
>>
File: meps 13.png (10KB, 636x351px) Image search: [Google]
meps 13.png
10KB, 636x351px
>>908327
I'm buying tanks from the private dealer now and nuclear funding continues naturally. The war with egypt is as dismal as it looks in terms of arms. Their front is getting all our resources
>>
File: meps14.png (35KB, 627x690px) Image search: [Google]
meps14.png
35KB, 627x690px
t6. Looks like the end

Syria has won the war against Iraq and will probably turn it's teeth to Israel now that we're distracted. Our war with egypt is bogging down. But one can hope
>>
File: meps15.png (30KB, 636x692px) Image search: [Google]
meps15.png
30KB, 636x692px
surprisingly well turn of events. Syria wants to be friends, we can fight our egyptian war to the grinding bloody end. Furthermore syria's rebels are about to seize power which shall end their regime for good

our Palestinian problem is on the rise.
>>
the thread shall close due to lack of interest and I shall finish my game
>>
>>908358
Dohh, I like to read it.
>>
>>908414
it's already over sadly. I "Won" the game amazingly

We fought egypt in a neverending tug-o-war until their government was toppled by coup. Jordan invaded Syria and then tried to go after us in the midst of the egyptian war at the last minute but thankfully I was able to stave them off in time to win the war and crush Jordan thereafter

It was a surprising and very risky win, which was unlike any before I'd play to a finish. By the end we had nuclear power and only libya and Iran were left as standing countries
>>
>>908848
So are there no Saudis in this game?
>>
>>913763
Saudis don't exist because when the game was made they were treated as US proxy. It's a shame we didn't get to see the US arms package come in. We also didn't get to nuke anyone. OP did you end up taking the UN deal? I kind of feel like it is cheating.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.