[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Civ Builder Quest II

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 8

File: Template.png (46KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
Template.png
46KB, 1000x800px
Previous Thread: >>56132
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZealOfWexort

How to Play:
Pick Blue team or Orange team. Put something relating to your chosen team in your name. Each turn, your team will be given a series of options in order to progress your civilization. Only vote on decisions related to your team, or to choices presented to both teams which will be indicated through green text.

Last Time on Civ Builder Thread Z:
>Orange team chooses a race of underground technocrats, begin harvesting as much ore as they can carry (they can carry very little)
>Blue team chooses a race of winged humanoids who cast spells, go looking for wild animals to ride while growing their population
>>
>>90697
Hey OP, you're back
>>
File: I'm not a robot, ARE YOU.png (4KB, 303x77px) Image search: [Google]
I'm not a robot, ARE YOU.png
4KB, 303x77px
PSA
Orange Team shouldn't even be allowed to post.
>>
Woohoo! OP is back!
>>
>>90697
Welcome back.
>>
File: HeadedNorth.png (14KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
HeadedNorth.png
14KB, 400x400px
While the homefront wrestles with it's animal domestication project, the exploration team begins searching the nearby region for more useful creatures. As of now, you have access to a fair number of livestock, but there must be more practical species available. Unfortunately, the peninsula on which you live limits you to only two directions. Your explorers head north, but not for long.

The expedition is an immediate success. Large numbers of livestock and small animals are identifiable throughout the open plains through which you are traveling. As one team member opens a notebook to begin documenting their finding, a shadow is cast over the land. In the sky, a winged beast silently soars overhead. This is the sort of find the team was looking for. From a tactical standpoint, the beasts would make perfect mounts.

At the moment, two things stand between you and your prize.

Firstly, the beasts are a ways from home, and it would be too risky to send a research team all the way out there with no supervision. Doing the same for all of the individual herds of animals would be a further waste. If you wish to use the animals you have found as a resource, you'll need to found a new settlement in the vicinity.

Secondly, it appears you are not the only ones interested in the beasts.
>>
>>90726
kek. at least we know what we are.
Are you a demon or an angle?
>>
>>90980
We are acute
>>
>>90697
How do you make colored text?
>>
>>91011
read the sticky
>>
File: IntoTheDesert.png (10KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IntoTheDesert.png
10KB, 400x400px
The priority right now is the gathering of ores. Having found three different veins of workable metal, your primary obstacle is transferring it back to the home factory. While the tunnels have improved the morale of your workers, they lack functionality. All of these factors have led the science team to work on their newest project - a system of transportation. Using their simplistic knowledge of the wheel, the Technocrats rig up a cart that can hold a large amount of ore. However, the friction makes it difficult to push on the uneven plains outside, and even more difficult to push down the long, dark tunnels to the ore mines. The only way to circumvent this issue is to build a series of tracks for the wheels to easily slide over, but the logistics will take time.

The explorers continue along the face of the mountain southward into the desert. They sit on the tip of where sand gradually becomes dirt where grass grows thick and lush, breaking into a forest. The desert continues to the west, but there are no easily identifiable resources to inspect. To the south, however, sits the forest. It is unlike the dark jungles near your mountain home - you can hear deep roars inside, and through closer inspection, in the heart of the brush sits an illuminating fire.
>>
File: OutlandCard.png (23KB, 509x800px) Image search: [Google]
OutlandCard.png
23KB, 509x800px
The humanoids approach you. Whispers spread throughout the group, but are quickly hushed by their leader, a man riding some sort of bipedal animal, cloaked in crimson and gold robes. He descends from his mount and introduces himself as one of the Heralds of the Empire. They are seeking to establish new settlements in order to expand the Empire and spread the glory of their wise ruler, the Prime Bishop. Just as soon as they came, the settlement expedition departs to the west, toward the animal herds. As they leave your sight, you see a single soldier make a break for the northeast.

While your Science and Domestic Workforce are currently working with the animals near your home, it's possible to leave the project for later. Additionally, your expedition team is now unsure of the next course of action.

>What would you like to do now?

THE ANGELIC have come into contact with the OUTLAND EMPIRE
>>
>>91199
I say we send emissaries to this Outland Empire. As allies they would be useful, perhaps to trade with.

Their diplomacy seems good, but if by some chance they get ornery, we can put them down easy enough.
>>
>>91199
>Just as soon as they came, the settlement expedition departs to the west, toward the animal herds.
>As they leave your sight, you see a single soldier make a break for the northeast.

Nah nigga nah, those our animals, this is our land. We need to stop the soldier from warning the rest of his empire first and foremost, then corral the rest of these humans until we decide what to do with them
>>
>>91199
I want to know what the lone Northeasterly soldier is doing.
>>
File: tegaki.png (4KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
4KB, 400x400px
>>91268
Forgot to put name back on. Hi guys
>>
File: OrcCard.png (28KB, 509x800px) Image search: [Google]
OrcCard.png
28KB, 509x800px
Through the dark brush, you are able to make out both a roaring fire and a fiendish smell. A variety of huts have been build out of wood, but not a mass-produced lumber. It appears as though the trunks themselves have been broken apart, torn into great slabs, and molded together with dirt as an adhesive. Walking around the camps are massive beasts with green skin. They wear armor, but again, not a conventional armor. It appears as though metal scraps have simply been tied around their body. Many of the creatures you see have bloodstains on these armor scraps - perhaps they were procured from another tribe.

The expedition team retreats from the forest after having seen these behemoths. The creatures seemed primitive, but fearsome nonetheless. Because of the amount of effort that went into their village, despite it's crudeness, you would guess that you have discovered their capital. You didn't see any patrols, but it's only a matter of time. As such, you are undetected and unknown for the moment. If you deem it necessary, the science and domestic workforce teams can be put on suspension for more important matters. The exploration team has just retreated and has no clear goal for the moment.

>What would you like to do now?

THE TECHNOCRACY has come into contact with THE ORCISH
>>
>>91279
Hey, that's me!

So what are we doing about these guys? Their diplomacy score is pretty high, so I didn't want to just antagonize them right off the bat if we can help it.
>>
>>91335
I say that we eliminate them, before they have the chance to breed larger numbers.
>>
>>91335
These creatures seem unrefined and primitive. I do not think diplomacy will work well with them.
Best course of action is to stay hidden. Lets retreat the explorers and move home for now. We should equip them for desert exploration. If they are already well equipped then we should move to the desert. Close the gates to the mountain home and require of the priests to continue the research into the tracks as when we acquire more of the metals we should equip a battle unit that works with subterfuge.
>>
>>91387
I mean, we are the glorious empire here, not them. They are literally beneath us. I stick with the idea of grabbing the soldier and the people that left for the animals.

Long term I think we need to [s]enslave force[/s] recommend that they teach us their magicks, and we can learn more about the world we're in from them.

Arrogant demi-humans get me rock hard
>>
>>91388
their ability in melee out weights ours it would be best if we used a more nimble approach and used range instead of a head on attack. I still say we should retreat and expand our view out to the desert. not for resources but to see our surroundings.
>>
>>91442
Damn, strikethrough doesn't work on /qst/, that was supposed to be funny
>>
>>91442
Remember our trait. If they see us in combat, we can't do anything with them, they won't negotiate or surrender. We'll have to kill them.

We basically can't antagonize anyone we want to make use of, it's all or nothing.

Either it's jolly cooperation, or wiping them off the face of the earth. No middle ground.
>>
>>91461
I think op gave us the two races we would have the absolute difficulty with. Smart man.
>>
>>91443
Fair point on the melee and exploration. I still think that we should head them off at this juncture, perhaps we compromise with an attack on their structures using fire weaponry? Assuming that we have some, of course.
>>
>>91461
Or jolly cooperation until we tire of them.
Not sure how it would go, but with our appearance can we garner a following from them. Have them submit to our holy prescence?
>>
>>91461
I dunno if this would be considered "combat".

>>91495
This idea could work too.
>>
>>91497
If they have reason to attack us, we'll have to fight. And if we fight, we have to annihilate them.
>>
>>91523
If we have to annihilate their race so be it, we can still enslave them and force them to teach us things or we will learn them ourselves.
>>
>>91495
I enjoy your name Blue. Perhaps this is a sign that our peoples can cooperate, given our entirely different choice of subsections of the ecosystem.
>>
>>91532
not to mention we chose basically the opposite of the blue almost at every turn when creating our race of beautiful robots.
>>
>>91102
Why build tracks when we can simply build roads?
>>91443
I agree, a basic sling should be interesting with our resources, unique shot and such, we already have 3 ores to make shot from.
>>
>>91531
No, that's the thing. We can't. They will die before they let it happen
>>
>>91544
1. take these guys to our city, show them our ways
2. fuck their race
3. they have no idea we did that, they have no reason not to trust us. they aren't a hive mind.
>>
>>91531
>>91199
The problem is, we still don't have a viable army. If we're gonna kill em, we should gather our forces and strength first.
>>
>>91540
Friction reasons, plus it's a lot easier to run the tracks underground.

Of course, depending on if there's any rivers nearby, we could hypothetically develop a canal system like they have in certain parts of Great Britain. I suggest we research surveying next.
>>
>>91335
submit them with our technology and shotgun diplomacy!
>>
>>91540
>simply build roads?
tracks are for the later want to automate the process of moving a cart from one place to another.

>>91540
>a basic sling should be interesting
I don't fully understand what you mean by this.
>>
>>91565
Would recommend not. Our limited knowledge of their size of a population could mean a long war for us. as we would not be able to destroy them in one fell sweep.
>>
>>91580
I still support diplomacy in some form or the other, alliances can get us everywhere

they seem dumb as well, so we can manipulate them more easily
>>
File: image.gif (8KB, 300x166px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
8KB, 300x166px
>>91567
Slings are as powerful and accurate as the hand (or grasping apparatus) behind it, unique shot can be made for even greater effect, and it is an ultra simple weapon, so it can be assumed that no research is really needed and the materials are likely already on hand.

I see your point on tracks, but proper roads are the fundamental building blocks of travel. Walk before we run you know.
>>
>>91641
I'd suppose so. I have no idea if our machine bodies also allow to have a stronger force when releasing the stones. It could be an advantage to use a simple weapon such as a sling but I don't know if we are able to do much to the thick skin of an Orcish. It may be best to understand more of the orcish and buy ourselves time to finish the tracks,
>>
Op fell asleep?
>>
>>91913
Neither team has actually come to a decision
>>
>>91913
Nah, I'm reconsidering how this thread is gonna work. Last thread had 40+ individual posters and I wanna make sure I give a decent amount of time for both teams to have a lot of discussion, at least about important stuff (like this one). I think for the next while instead of having running times, I'm just gonna check on it throughout the day and try to update whenever a conclusion is made. Right now it's basically just four people debating and I wouldn't feel right making a war/dont war decision just based off of this
>>
>>91917
>>91928
Ah makes sense. then the posters must have fell asleep then, I'm guessing that the final decision will probably be announced tomorrow then if no one is posting tonight?
>>
>>91946
I know there was 200+ posts after the "choose animals" decisions but I can't be bothered to look at all the timestamps to figure out when the optimal posting time is
>>
>>91928
Don't war
>>
>>91414
This guy gets it.

There diplomatic abilities are extremely low.

Just kill them with our supirior technology and take anything they have of value.
>>
>>91988
I agree. For now, lets try to talk to them and determine how dangerous they are. Maybe send an envoy to their lands.
>>
>>91928
War.

What is it good for?
Expanding your holdings and reducing competition. Duh.
>>
See, blue can't war with their discovered civ and we can't diplo with ours. I'm guessing this is the right course of action. But an unprovoked attack would be rash and i believe we should not attack right now, we should pull back and build a battle unit with the new resources as our explorers go our to the desert, the orcish cannot see us because we are underground and we will again lock up the mountain. Make sure the vents are not very visible. Once we have the tracks finished we can then build battle units and send them to see if the orchish wants to give chase.

If they don't we talk with them.

If they do, we herd them into the desert and flank them with our explorers with ranged and our battle units will turn around to melee/ limited ranged.

boom. finished these guys off and we are building another battle unit, send this next battle unit to the orcish capital and have then survey the land to see if the orcish are still there. If not have the explorers and the 1st battle unit regroup and destroy the capital.

This allows us to use the materials and it also allows us to finish the tracks whilst exploring the desert.
>>
>>91928
Try diplomacy
>>
>>91953
>can't be bothered to look at all the timestamps
I went back to see the users we are missing from last post and I wanted to tell you that the time you posted the choose animals thing was around 10 o'clock where I am, posting this at 2:50 now, and the posts lasted until 23:49 skips an hour jumps back to 00:06 - 00:49 which then jumps to 06:21, 08:33 - 13:05 picks back up 15:56 - 01:49 (23-00 being more active) picks back up at 08:46 - 16:32 where the thread sages.

Teams Rosters so far. In order of their comments.

Narrator
>>90697 Alacrity

Blue Team
>>90706 Blue team Rules
>>90726 St. walker
>>90735 Señor Azul
>>90801 Blue-y -> (not active) <- last thread he had 2 posts
>>91279 Sir Ulian the Blue
>>91988 Blue-kun
>>94964 Blue waffle
-> Missing:
-----------------------------------
Blueprints – 5 posts
Blue Elder – 3 posts
Blueser – 1 post
Blue Man, No Group – 6 posts
Boy in Blue – 2 posts
Blue is best – 5 posts
Who's Blueing jews/Who's Jewing blues – 6 posts
Sky Blue-sama – 3 posts
--------Alacrity posts Animal Suggestions------------- 22:51:59
Winged sun – 1 post 08:46:43 (05/06/16)

Orange team
>>90980 Korange
>>91388 Orange You Glad?
>>91540 Orange Bang
>>91565 Agent Orange
>>93592 Coregy
-> Missing:
--------------------------------------
Orange Team MVP – 15 posts
Orangelic Slav – 6 posts
Orange Spy (totally not red) – 18 posts by mobile (later 75)
Orange colored orange – 1 post
Door hinge orange – 7 posts
Citrine – 31 posts
Orange Rhyme – 4 posts
KingFatass – 6 posts
--------Alacrity posts Animal Suggestions-------------22:51:59 (05/04/16)
Lord Jeremiah "Orange" Gottwald – 3 posts 23:11:27 (05/05/16)
orange banana III – 1 post 01:39:38 (05/06/16)
Orange Knight – 3 posts 12:00:40 (05/06/16)

Anons
>>91011
I'm not counting missing anons.

The Posts after the animal suggestion were mainly from the more talkative members of each team. I'm guessing we should wait for citrine and Orange Spy because they were two of oranges most active posters and to make the roster even. I don't want to leave anyone out from casting their vote but wait too long and the animals become gods.
>>
I suggest we send an envoy with their explorers to become familiar with their ways and share some about our culture as well (nothing serious about magic, war aptitude, etc.).
My other concern is developing a colony out here so that we may devote the needed resources to taming these gods (I'm calling them gods, but recognize they don't have grand power. It just seems appropriate, especially considering >>95790's last line).
>>91532
Thanks man. I was clearly considering Larfleeze as my alternate when deciding which team to join.
>>
>>95790
>>91953
Maybe just a 4 hour time limit, assuming that you're available? Decrease the time based on how active it is and how busy you are?
>>
>>99298
I think it would be okay if he goes a little slower. If he just did 1-2 updates each day then that could be 3-6 crucial/big decisions before the thread autosages. It gives plenty of time for each member of each race to check the thread, read opinions, and make contributions.
And since this is about building a civilization and not just going on an adventure, I think it's okay for things to progress a little slower, but more cohesively.
>>
>>99586
Yeah I agree.
>>
As to where Orange Spy (totally not red) is he is out drinking as he said that on another thread.
>>98863
I know this because he messed up sometimes when switching Threads he kept the same name.
See\/

>>68954
>>68960
>>70171
>>
>>99876
>>95790
This is some next level information gathering. I know I couldn't put this much effort into cataloging posts on 4chan.
>>
>>100389
I'm the master lurker.
>>
>>95790
Im here im here. Had a bit of work to do. I will play catch up a bit later. I was quite active on the animal part though.
Next round when?
>>
>>99876
OH YOU MOTHERFUCKER! you stalked me? well played sir. i roledplayed a bit in that thread as this one was down a few days. I saw the new thread? (as you can see lol) but i lost interest cause the break was a bit large. As i said i will play catchup a bit later.
I haven t forgot my allegiance :)
>>
>>100692
The most shitty thing about this situation is that i cant really handle the late hours now cause school and such. when i role played here it wa sliteraly 3 am and i cant really handle 3 am role play now(last weak i had vacation cause easter hooliday here)
(also you missed an awesome fight)
I will try to participate after i catch up but if ops program really is that different from me i will sadly be just an oberver/ out of time strategist.
(lurker you traitor!)
>>
>>101747
I don't play on that thread. Im not actually lurker.

No im sure op will wait for quite a bit until he gets all of the major votes as well as new players. I have no idea when citrine will get on.
>>
>>101747
just cast your vote on what you want right now so op will see it, i'm guessing he is waiting on everyone to get back.
>>
>>91335
I'd really recommend falling back into base. Orcs are unlikely to expand their territory anytime soon, because that's not an easy thing to do (logistics, supplies etc. they're too dumb and presumably very tribal), and we as of now cannot subdue them with our force. Let's invent stuff, that's what we do the best after all. Eventually, we could bribe them with some useless junk vide irl. Native Americans.
>>
>>102973
Boom, that's what i have been saying! Combat is not a likely course of action for our guys for now.
Best action would pull back and explore the desert. Lock the gates and keep to ourselves for the time being whilst we improve our science. we can wait and see the actions of the orcish.
>>
Bump, Waiting for citrine still I guess.
>>
>>102973
although i didnt read exactly all of the orc thing. from the stats allone i agree with this. they barly have pop growth but i am sure 1 of the fuckers can pwn 10 or our own easy. So yeah i think either dyplomatic aproach(i am on the few that believe orcs arent dumb evil creaturs) or if we truly fear for our asses just pullback and come after with peace or gas chambers!
>>
>>106451
Bompa-dumpa bompity-bump;
This thread gets revive cause i a cu... lutured person!
>>
I really hope I didn' scare asay op. This is by far one of the most enjoyable /qst/s iv'e seen.
>>
>>107625
Damn, that was supposed to say korange not kov. also that was some terrible typing.
>>
>>109098
You're even now (emoticon happy face)
>>
>>110243
lol Jeremiah, I try.

I usually keep the same name through threads as Kov.
>>
I'm really worried right now for op.
It's been a few days since last update.
Should we probably call a hospital or something?
I knew he wanted to take things slowly because drawing and other things take a lot of time but i never imagined this. never.

>>107625
This is starting to worry me.
>>
>>110617
It's probably a case of "Not enough time". It happens to the best of us.
>>
>>110617
>shamless bumping AHOO!
Bumpa-dumpa bumpity-bee
I hope you dont mind to drink on my p.... ear juice. (its really taste)
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.