[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/qtg/ - Quest Thread General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 673
Thread images: 98

File: op.png (9KB, 642x626px) Image search: [Google]
op.png
9KB, 642x626px
This is a thread created for the discussion of Quest threads, as well as sharing of advice and guidance for aspiring or current QM's. Posters looking for advice on tabletop games should look elsewhere.

Please do not shitpost, and please report any shit posters attempting to derail discussion or cause strife. This means avoiding tripfag drama or discussion about subjects such as getting rid of /qst/.

Useful links: http://pastebin.com/u5xPbk6w
This link contains numerous writing guides, general advice, and various quest tools and communities.

https://twitter.com/Eisenstern/lists/quest-runner-directory/
https://twitter.com/tgquestlist/lists/quest-master-directory (UPDATED LIST)
These are two directories containing the tweets of many current QM's. While a twitter is by no means mandatory, it is a useful tool for both you and your players. To get added to the second list, tweet @tgQuestList. Spamming tweets unrelated to your quest may result in its removal.

IRC Channels:
[The Cabal] #QMC @ Rizon.net (slightly related to quests; enjoys worldbuilding, mechanics and politics)
[Hugbox] #ques/tg/enerals @ Rizon.net (barely related to quests; enjoys Larro quests and anime)

Discord server (Can provide feedback to new QM's, but shitposting is a bannable offense):
https://discord.gg/pXfcXZJ ; https://discord.gg/aBSbbjT

Archive of quest reviews (if you find a review that is not on the list, please link it in the thread):
http://pastebin.com/u/QuestReviewsArchive

>QM Questions:
Are you an emotive writer?

>Player Question:
What's more autistic: number sperg or fetish sperg?
>>
Your favourite quest is shit
>>

I try to be but I end up being more factual I feel than actually expressing emotions in any way that isnt clunky.

>What's more autistic: number sperg or fetish sperg?

Fetish sperg. Fetish sperg is literally, I want to jerk off to X so make X happen the way I want REEEEEE.

Number sperg is usually trying to play a game to win and if you dont want it as a QM you can just not have numbers, y'know?
>>
/qst/ was a mistake and it's here to stay
>>
My favorite quest is the best.
>>
>>906640
See
>>906610
>>
>>906578
>Are you an emotive writer?
I've made my players cry.

Failure sperg.

Number sperg is just people doing the math and that's inescapable for roleplayers. Fetish sperg isn't autistic because autists can't emote anything but complaints. But if the MC fails at anything, EVERYONE spergs.
>>
>>906578
How can I make a gay male MC but yet get players?
>>
>>906670
Make it a girl (male) or a male (female)
>>
Do you use random encounter tables?

Did you make that shit up, or steal it from somewhere?
>>
>>906578
> QM Question:
I dunno, I figured my writing to be pretty barebones actually if I got good rhythm going.
>>
>>906673
>girl (male)
I would unironically play this one.
>>
Norseman Saga thread 5 will pick up in about 2 hours
>>
>>906578
>QM Question
Yeah I think so. I mean, I'm a bit too slice-of-life style at certain points but I think I get my players to feel like the world feels real.

>Player Question
fetish stuff can definitely get a lot worse than min/maxing but obsessing over numbers can also ruin a narrative pretty quick. If I was forced to choose, I'd say fetish shit is worse
>>
>>906693
I steal shit from everything, man. I think that if you want to be a good writer, you need to steal from as many different things as you possibly can.
>>
>>906670
Run it on anonkun, they're all fags in some way over there.
>>
>>906670
If you get your players invested in shit to start, making the MC gay wouldn't drive too many people off as long as it wasn't the exact center of the quest.
>>
>>906610
>he thinks I like any quest
lmaoing @ ur life
>>
>>906839
it would be mildly amusing if the MC and primary love interest were very aware of the relationship, but the players only find out when they step into a gay bar.
>>
>>906848
Your least unfavorite quest is shit.
>>
>>906698
Wait, isn't that what Ryukusa is?

She got half her harem pregnant...
>>
>>906917
No.
>>
File: IMG_0384.jpg (73KB, 562x527px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0384.jpg
73KB, 562x527px
>>906873
>tfw to intelligent too have a least favorite quest
>>
File: The Thorns.jpg (42KB, 236x609px) Image search: [Google]
The Thorns.jpg
42KB, 236x609px
As mentioned in the last thread, I'm running my second Changeling: the Lost one-shot - [b]Scarred By Thorns Quest[/b] - at the moment. Come on in and join the party:

>>904794
>>904794
>>904794
>>904794
>>
File: Fleet Operations.jpg (1MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Fleet Operations.jpg
1MB, 1920x2560px
I'm running tonight's session of Starcaller Quest right now:
>>907065
>>907065
>>
Decided that I might as well do what other QMs do and shill my quest here.
>>900280
>>900280
There may or may not be lewds, just a warning. Hope I didn't fuck up linking the thread.
>>
How do players usually find quests they like? I don't see many recommendations around, do they just troll the catalog for things?
>>
>>907138
What are you into?
>>
>>907138
>How do players usually find quests
Have you taken a look at the board recently?

They don't.
>>
>>907138
I look at threads that have a title/image/OP that interests me, read more of the thread to see if it is interesting, try to engage the QM in discussion (Be it, setting, characters, system, offtopic), and see if i can make to the end of the session without going "Nope" and leaving the thread forever.
If anything on that list checks negative, then i don't bother.

Other than that, i follow recomendations of people i know have similar tastes and preferences to me.
>>
>>907138
I usually read the first few threads of a quest, if it doesn't manage to garner my attention during the reading I say "Fuck it" then I go to the next one.
>>
>>907139
Things that are relatively well written with deep settings that aren't fanfiction?
>>
>>907297
Mecha Space Pirate, all original and has a good amount of Lore
>>
>>907297
Valen. Good luck surviving live threads, though.
>>
>>907297
Lamplighter. RIP

The Raiders
Northern Beasts
Black Company

There are probably more but I can't read every quest.
>>
>>907297
Dungeon Life Quest is one you should try. It's a unique fantasy world with consistently good writing throughout, loveable AND badass characters, and some overall cool shit that happens.

Also, it's pretty funny at times. And the worldbuilding is delicious
>>
>>907371
If you're going to shill at least do it with your trip on, Vox.
>>
>>907379
When I'm the one shilling, I do.
>>
>>907371
>Also, it's pretty funny at times.
If I wanted a quip-apocalypse I'd watch a Marvel movie.
>>
>>907399
I wouldn't say it's quippy, just that story isn't super serious, high tension ACTION 24/7.

Y'know, like a story ought to be. Edgymancer grimdark extravaganzas aren't that entertaining to read after awhile, in my opinion.

>>907379
I like the quest, sometimes people like things and want others to try them out.
>>
>>907138
I hover over their post and check when the quest was posted and when was the last reply, most of them are just floating carcasses so I just get disappointed and go back to /co/ or /his/
>>
the slow death of quests on this site depresses me.

that stupid conman chink...
>>
>>907877
Most likely we'll move to Akun
>>
>>907904
Having less players here is better than moving to akun and dealing with their terrible players
>>
>>907917
you mean no players?
>>
>>907328
Fuck, why did lamplighter have to die?
I liked northern beasts a lot at the start but my interest really faded. It's still well written but something about it made it less fun for me to play recently.
>>
>>907923
If quests are good enough they get enough players to keep going.
>>
>>907931
Well then Lamplighter must have been a shit quest since it died and thus had no players.
>>
>>907944
Ouro dropped the quest because he's burnt out on QMing m8. Why am I even responding to Trick of all people right now?
>>
>>907951
Isn't it obvious? Because you've lost control of your life.
>>
>>907931
>quests
>good
>>
>>907957
Fuck, you're right. I gotta get my shit together.
>>907967
Can anything truly be considered good? What does good even mean?
>>
Trying to start a quest but everytime i try to post it never shows up.
Sorry for being a newfag but whats going on?
>>
>>907986
I try to start a thread and it says i need a subject even though i already put one in everytime
>>
>>908003
Uh... are you posting an image too? You need an image to start a thread.
>>
check
>>
File: Phoenix Knight.jpg (112KB, 567x850px) Image search: [Google]
Phoenix Knight.jpg
112KB, 567x850px
check
have a cool image
>>
File: channelingthesisters.gif (932KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
channelingthesisters.gif
932KB, 267x200px
>>908024
>>908027
dont mind me, just testing something
>>
>All this negativitly

aa-at least Crusader quest might come back!
>>
>>908396
the best you can hope for is that people's schedules free up during christmas and non-shit quests get run.
>>
>>908405
Yeah school is murderous right now, finals and all.
>>
>>907399
>quipfest
>In a superhero film

Read some silver age Marvel. Stan would break the 4th wall to comment on the action, characters would constantly make "ain't this crazy?" winks to the audience, and they'd even toss in pop culture jokes from time to time.

What casuals fail to understand again and again is that the Marvel film formula is simply a return to the formula that made them great in the first place.

>>907877
>>907904
>>907917
>>907928
>>907931
>It's a doom and gloom in the general episode

Come on. Even my Fleet 8 Quest has 12 people and I barely update it and drove some players away by making it a one-shot (which it no longer is). /QST/ can work for you, you just have to make it work.
>>
File: 1480494752495-1-1-1.jpg (439KB, 793x565px) Image search: [Google]
1480494752495-1-1-1.jpg
439KB, 793x565px
>>906578

I try to be but there's several things I think holds me back
One, my autism for detail and never being satisfied with what I write
Two, My vocabulary is limited and the way I tie words together predictable and tame
Finally I for some reason think that it's harder to express emotion when you're telling someone(The players) what they're supposed to be feeling (Via the MC) If that makes any sense
Tl;dr I think Third Person might be better at conveying emotion. I also suck so eh

>Numbers vs Fetish

Numbers everysingle time.

You can easily laugh of Fetish sperg. I do it constantly but numbers is no laughing matter
>>
File: 25-twentyfive.jpg (2MB, 1703x1703px) Image search: [Google]
25-twentyfive.jpg
2MB, 1703x1703px
https://twitter.com/ro3clothing

for a twitter based quest about a chunky mammoth-head guy and his life

and since I don't get much activity, I helped some guys here before with logos, so if any of you needs any graphical work for your quest, let me know.
>>
>>908396
And maybe Whiskey will come back with Republic Commando. What other shit can you think of that will never happen?
>>
File: king_richard_iii.png (275KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
king_richard_iii.png
275KB, 640x360px
>>906578
Just to check very few of you actually prefer this set-up to just being on /tg/, right?
>>
>>908640
correct, but i think reversing it would make everything worse
>>
>>908640
Correct but I run on Akun and just use /qst/ for the general.
>>
>>908633
You really don't want that.
>>
>>907928
>>907328
Northern Beasts is highly overrated. It's basically tweaked Dishonored fanfiction. Moloch can't write interesting characters worth a damn.
>>
>>907138
Honestly? I don't, not anymore. I'm exhausted at this point. Been disappointed so many times by poorly prepared low-effort quests with not even a semblance of a draw. So I've just stopped looking. Sometimes I look at QTG because it's entertaining, but trying to find anything I like on this board is just too much of a bother when I could be shitposting on /tg/ instead. It's too much work.
>>
As a point of reference, Alchemical Blade Quest will not be held this week, due to Christmas shopping bullshit and other tasks.

We'll begin next Tuesday at the standard time!
>>
>>908710
>poorly prepared low effort quests

Who hurt you?
>>
>>908710
If poorly prepared low effort quests hurt you then boy aren't you in for a shocker if you follow well prepared high effort quests where the QM just fucking vanishes. Fuckin POOF.
>>
When is DWMA quest having another thread? It's not ded already is it?
>>
>>908906
Still waiting for byzantine qm to come back and surely the father will return any day now
>>
File: 1470039755807.jpg (53KB, 700x483px) Image search: [Google]
1470039755807.jpg
53KB, 700x483px
What's up, /qst/?

Lot of negativity in this here thread.
>>
>>908948
>What's up, /qst/?
Disappearances.
>>
Remember everyone, it's finals week for most colleges.

Your favorite QM will come back once school becomes a non issue again and winter break starts.Maybe
>>
Honestly potential qms should read through some of the most popular or well written quests so they can get an idea for what works and how to properly qm
>>
>>908957
I know that feel. I remember being kind of disappointed Whiskey dropped off the face of the Earth. Not because it meant Republic Commando Quest got dropped, but because I liked to shoot the shit with him regarding Star Wars stuff in the IRC.

>>908960
This is a good idea. I remember before starting LGA actually reading Strike Witches Quest, then Waifu Quest ran by Twen as well, along with a few other Quests to get an idea before I ran it.
>>
>>908958
But after finals comes holiday family times and after holiday family times comes job search times and after job search times comes working in the "professional" world times and that's a dead quest.
>>
>>908972
tbqh stable work schedules can work for quests if the QM is okay with using his remaining free time for quests.
>>
>>908989
...Yeah, like AspiringQM, sometimes Crusty, or QuestDrone.
>>
Wanna play a sorceress with loose morals, big tits and out for revenge?

Say no more

>>909059
>>909059
>>909059
>>
>>908948
Don't look for Hope in the land of the walking dead, young one. You'll only make a Fool of yourself.
>>
File: 1458276563429.jpg (44KB, 394x279px) Image search: [Google]
1458276563429.jpg
44KB, 394x279px
>>908633
Crusty beats his ass cancer.
>>
File: Wonder Woman.jpg (20KB, 236x315px) Image search: [Google]
Wonder Woman.jpg
20KB, 236x315px
Crusty is dead!

Whiskey has betrayed you and fled to our villainous enemies over at Anonkun!

Ouro has abandoned you in your time of need.

Now is the time to rally behind one QM. One leader to see us through these dark, troubled days we live in.

Trick is that QM! Cower in fear no longer!

Join me and together we will make /qst/ great again!!!
>>
>>909274
Whiskey quit Akun and questing in October. Get your facts straight.
>>
>>909274

Hahahaha... No.
>>
Modern Necromancy Quest: Redux number six is up and running! Come check this shit out
>>909378
>>909378
>>909378
>>
>>909274
Even if you wrote quests I like I still wouldn't like you man, your personality is terrible in every way
>>
Whatever happened to Languid? The lawn finally eat him?
>>
>>909492
Moved to anonkun for a bit, but then even that stopped pretty quick. I think he intends to get Hellborn published as a novel.
>>
>>909492
Most likely the lawn ate him.

Seriously thought he managed to write himself into a pocket. All the landmaster stuff and other power ups.

>>909506
Did not know that at all. Interesting.
>>
So who are the best qms currently running?
>>
>>909540
Some/most(?) of the ones that came over from /tg/
>>
>>909540
I have enjoyed Queen of Darts of SSQ and SoZ a lot for long time and Spookyng of German Hollow Quest.

Those two are the current main quests I try to follow.

Then there is of course Cegremo of NERV Bridge Simulator who is very good drawfag.

>>909553
Practically this. I haven't delved too much into new QMs of /qst/ sadly. I really should thought.
>>
Man, fuck it. I'm gonna get high and try to write my own damn quest while I'm at it. But could people tell me when would be the best time to run a quest? My time zone is GMT +2:00
>>
>>909562
SoZ was pretty good, have you checked out Mecha Space pirate? It seems up your alley
>>
>>909567
For you from around 4PM GMT+0 so 6PM onward. Britbongs should get out from work/school along with rest of Europe. And if you can last long enough Americans can join too after work/school.

>>909578
I have thought of picking a new quest to read in archives. That is good candidate.
>>
>>909567
Whenever you think you have several hours of free time to run, and when those several hours can be consistent for whatever set days you wish to run. That's best for non-NEETs with set schedules.

That really should be your first and final concern above running at any mysterious player prime times.
>>
>>909592
Do it, its pretty much a love letter to /m/. I mean we're learning kung fu from Master Asia and Geist is our older brother
>>
>>909608
Wait it is Gundam Quest! The name had me fooled. I really do have to check it now. Thanks mate!
>>
>>909629
No problem, its not gundam its the qms own universe. But it is inspired by Gundam and other shows and lots of characters are taken from other /m/ shows
>>
>>909562
SSQ is honestly better written than its source material.
>>
STARWARS: A Galaxy in Chains thread #4 is now up!
>>909680
>>909680
>>909680

Come join in for a Starwars quest that isn't centered around space wizardry!
>>
>>909698
SSQ hasn't gone Full Kubo yet so I agree.
>>
>>909698
Phampai, it's not particularly hard to write better than 30 dropped plotlines and 50 forgone character depths: the manga. I do agree though.
>>
>>909740
Granted, but I felt it was worth saying anyway.
>>
Norseman Saga, Vol. 6 is up

>>910086
>>
>>909562
>bleach fanfic quests
>special snowflake MCs
wtf man. didn't shadows of zeon have an MC with psychic harem-making powers who died and rose again three days later? I can't possibly take anyone seriously after they write something like that.
>>
>>909454

But you would play my quest?
>>
File: Mandela.png (29KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Mandela.png
29KB, 500x500px
New quest
>>910150
>>910150
>>910150
>>
>>910196
Yes, SoZ is the ultimate Gundam powerfantasy quest.
>>
>>910217

Its only ultimate if you're really into kidfucking.
>>
>>909540
Questguy is super slow but his stuff has a lot of lore and fun character moments. Sibella Quest is fanfiction in name only. You change the names of the main girls and it's nothing like its source material. I've never had a quest that made me look up stuff before. There's a lot of occult/golden dawn stuff. Really neat.
>>
>>907168
They go to Twitter because Twitter magically gives QMs participants.
>>
>>909578
>SoZ was pretty good
t. haremfag
>>
>>910588
I don't mind it when its done well, it wasn't so much in SoZ but I enjoyed the rest of the quest
>>
File: 1477181363839.jpg (17KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1477181363839.jpg
17KB, 400x400px
>>910597
>I don't mind it when its done well
>harem
>Well done

Pick one
>>
>>910603
I'll say it again Mecha Space Pirate
>>
>>910610
Well now I know which quest I'm not picking up.
>>
>>910610
Is Mecha Space Pirate harem?

Is it, dare I even suspect, yuri harem?
>>
>>910234
Who's gundam fantasy is to be post-Zeta Char? That's like thinking post-TNG Borg are cool.

>>910610
>>910603
How is the harem in Mecha Space Pirate? Any tomboys?
>>
>>910630
Well would you a puru?

Psych. You don't get a choice. Nat 1 worst of 3 BABY!!!!!!
>>
>>910629
It is, no yuri though

>>910630
Honestly as well done as I can imagine it could be. Wong set a hard limit of 6 so each girl can get screen time and grow as characters. Some of the girls are friends some are enemies, one is hated by almost all the other girls. No but there is a trap
>>
>>910651
Wait what?

Is the MC a man? I coulda sworn MC for that quest was a chick.

Unless we're talking the devil's harem, here.
>>
>>910655
No, our mc is a manly man, complete hotblooded hero
>>
File: Caim3.jpg (88KB, 454x650px) Image search: [Google]
Caim3.jpg
88KB, 454x650px
How is it possible to balance out lighthearted moments in a traditionally lighthearted setting when what you most definitely excel at is oppressive doom and gloom, with a sprinkle of uncompromising misery? I can't write humor and the fact my entire premise relies solely upon the atrophic destruction of the world and the entirety of Human civilization crumbling to nothing because of dark powers beyond understanding kinda puts me in a bit of a pickle in regards to having some kind of balance.

I won't ask if going balls deep into suffering and bloodshed is possible, because I know it is, but I could use some tips on humanizing characters in a way positive enough way to make them seem like they're more than just caricatures of insanity, rather than broken people struggling to bring hope to a dark world.

Someone like pic related is what I'm shooting for, but with a few more character traits beyond murder, death, kill, etc.
>>
To those of you who don't like me or find my personality repulsive . . . why?

Asking for a friend.
>>
>>910693
Black humor is how people deal with shitty things that happen anyways. You don't have to be insane to crack jokes at bad situations, hell you're probably insane if you don't.
>>
>>910693
Very dry humour
Also terrible puns
>>
>>910693
Dark and dry humor.

If all else fails, go with terrible puns. That's something I always love.
>>
>>910709
Because all you do is shitpost, and you've done nothing here but your best to stir up a shitstorm/shitposting session as much as possible. All it does is get grating.
>>
>>910709
You are a living shitpost that contributes little to nothing of worth to any situation I've ever seen you wind up in. Your biggest claim to fame was picking up some other loser's quest and then running it like an ill-humored circus.

Which to be entirely fair was still better than the original QM, and if your players were having fun then that's what matters. I, personally, find that type of writing and/or content to be lower than trash, so I can't derive much fun from it.

One could argue that everything here is shitposting, and one could argue ">any quest being good", but the fact at the end of the day is that there are quite a few people here who do enjoy quests, do enjoy various examples of amateur writing, and do have legitimate things to say regarding events going on in the things they play, or criticism of other writers.

You fall into none of those categories, as once again, your entire existence is a living shitpost; up to, and including, your quest.

On the days you are not here, nothing of value was lost. On the days you are here, you seem to find it amusing to actively detract from any on going topic or discussion. We used to actually have reviewanons around giving serious and well thought out critiques, interesting analysis of what QMs were doing, trying to do, failing to do, and points as to how they could get improve or where they needed to improve. While that quality naturally rose and fell depending on who was doing it (Cosmic sucked at reviewing things), it was ultimately you and a few others who took the practice and burned it to the ground by trying to make a point and filled it with half-assed snark and flat attempts at humor, riddled with cynicism and spite.

/qst/ was never the most healthy or active of boards, and the questing community changed quite a bit since we came over from /tg/, but these are the traits and qualities I personally feel the worst about when I look at what we became, and you are inexplicably possessed or guilty of engaging in all of them.
>>
>>910778
Calm down
>>
>>910778
Anon, I . . .
>>
>>910778
>someone actually took the time to make this
Do me next. Roast me anon.
>>
>>910732
>>910778
This.Also your constant dropping/restarting of quests is mildly tiresome to say the least
>>
>>910778
wew
>>
>>910778
Got any one else to roast anon?
>>
>>910693
Small benign or black humor spread into benevolent traits in how they interact with the world as small actions, or hobby-like pleasures and focuses interrupted by personal problems, (too physically jittery to pour a drink and joking about it, other general self-deprecating humor)
Looking up jokes paramedics and doctors share is probably a good research avenue. Soldiers of all eras too. There's a fuckton of material there to draw characters from.

Or just the generally go-to humanizing things, (talking about their pasts, any family or outlier relationships significant to them, becoming emotionally invested in something habitual by way of anger/paranoia/regret; negative things that give people strong feelings of attachment, kinds of movies they like if any at all, same for sports, whatever personal taboos they have or things that disgust them if any, physical ticks nervous and otherwise) and so on.

Human feeling characters don't reveal themselves all at once, but they act consistent with a past and personality that can be fitted together over a long period of interaction, but even so don't be bashful with more direct characterization where it fits those sorts of people. Although often considered negative, what people lie about for bad, good, or just negligent reasons and even from fear can communicate someone's priorities on a selfless-selfish scale, and many other things too.

Also, ensure that alcohol is a part of your setting in some way, or at least some equivalent. It's good insurance for fiat and revelation.

>>910778
You're pretty good.
>>
>>910778
You could've just said "because you're an asshole and a rampant shitposter".
>>
>tips on humanizing characters in a dark world

I'd say look at the Mad Max films. All the characters inhabit a world where survival is always in question but they little flashes of human warmth. My advice is don't be afraid to show the characters as vulnerable. Give them daydreams. Give them little things that they're fond of. Have them get excited over finding a scrap of colored cloth.

The best thing you can do is to give them something to care about. Max had his dog in 2. Wes had his son. Furiosa had the brides. The old mother had plants.

>>910709
Because you're the saddest kind of comedian. You think people are laughing with you when they're really laughing at you, and that's when they aren't just bored of you.
>>
>>906578
I'm kind of robotic about my writing. That's how I am as a person though, I'm not super emotion intense, I tend to be more reserved. That doesn't mean I can't write interesting shit though.
fetish sperg. Number sperg tends to be very up front about it, fetish sperg ALWAYS tries to slip it in slowly over time.
>>
>>910709
To make you feel a bit better let me explain why I like ya. Most QMs are straight laced, but you royally don't give a fuck. You also deal with some truly autistic readers.

>>910778
That's a big essay
(4u)
>>
>>910901

QM goes to quest thread general. Says he's depressed. Says quest life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening board where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. An anon says, "Treatment is simple. Great shitposter TrickQM is in the thread tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up." QM bursts into tears. Says, "But anon...I am TrickQM."
>>
>>910709
I know you asked for answers from people who dislike you but I have to say I like you in the way you irritate other people. It warms my guts raw to know your existence is a genuine thorn to a not insignificant amount of people. Legit.

You are to me, in essence, a traditional jew pretending your homeland is here, perfect just the way you are. The vast majority of posts you make are shitposts, but without you this thread would have 30ish less posts and even less discussion. Like large intestine bacteria, you're a necessary but very gross part to the culture that is /qst/. Whenever your low-effort shitposts trigger some autist it's comforting to sit back and enjoy the reactions.

You remind me of a younger EGO when he hated fanfiction quests and wasn't experiencing off-and-on homelessness. Except you don't go out of your way to actually hate quests, just strike the nerve of quest-liking autists. It's great.
>>
>>910709
lol
>>
>>910693
A casual acceptance that the character is a terrible human being/events are entirely unreasonably grim.

Lightly making really harsh decisions like murder death kill, but doing so for logical reasons.

Have you read NBQ?

You could also depict characters doing insanely benign hobbies in their offtime. Knitting, cooking, reading trashy novels.
>>
>>910778
Goddamn, man.
>>910709
It's probably the hair. You should do something with your hair.
>>
>>910778
hey now, that may be giving Trick too much credit. It's not like reviewanons were common BEFORE he came by.
>>
>>910709
Because you're the lesser shitposting son of greater sires, and it smacks of being desperate for attention.
>>
Oh yeah and if anyone does want their quest seriously reviewed, I'll totally do that. Granted I don't have a ton of time on my hands and it's first come first serve.

You'll be getting the opinions of a college sophomore English major who has published a total of 0 books, 0 stories, and 1 poem that he just ripped off E.E. Cummings with. if that makes you feel any better.
>>
>>911240
That's a dangerous request anon.

Some of us are sluts for feedback.
>>
>>911242
I run a quest on here, and I write shit in real life that I actually pester publishers about. If anyone is a slut for feedback here, it is I.
>>
File: Vox-tan.png (205KB, 700x620px) Image search: [Google]
Vox-tan.png
205KB, 700x620px
>>911246
My brother.

Then if you're offering and not averse to slightly more than 100 threads of material, I'm always taking feedback on Dungeon Life Quest.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Dungeon%20Life%20Quest
>>
>>911253

Since I'm short on time, I'm going to read your first thread and your latest thread and try and get a feel for your writing from that.

If it intrigues me enough, I'll give it a proper read.
>>
>>911256
Oooof. Aight, I won't question the methodology but I will warn you that my latest threat is during a bit of a funk on my end.
>>
>>911257
ayy, no problem, I know how it is. I'm pretty forgiving of shit like grammar and spelling and I understand quests are some of the absolute hardest things to pace.
>>
>>911164
NBQ?

Does that stand for Nerv Bridge Simulator, or am I wrong?
>>
>>911257
Well, instead of reading the latest thread, I just read the first two since I happened to REALLY like it.

After these first two threads, I have a decent picture of this world and a very good understanding of the characters. You do a really good job of making everyone's voice distinct and their own. Some of the imagery you use can get a bit confusing, but after a second read through of it, I can always get what's going on.

As for your writing style itself, you do the thing that all Quest writers do where you pad out descriptions unnecessarily with words like 'actually', 'definitely', and 'suddenly'. Whenever you use a word with 'ly' in it, make sure to write the sentence without it and see if it still communicates the thing you want it to communicate. If it does, leave the word out. Questing doesn't lend itself well to proofreading though so I understand.

Conceptually, I'm completely hooked and for questing, that's your most important thing, your bread and butter. Stylistically, I barely noticed you were in the second person (awkward second-person narration might be the most common problem with quests style-wise) and that is exactly what you want. Your narration is generally unobtrusive and minimal. You put a few jokes within the narration itself which I used to be really against until I actually started writing quests and realized it is an excellent way to draw in an audience and create a community around your quest. You're at least funny when you do it and you manage to not break me from the narrative too abruptly.

From these two threads I've read, I'd say you're in a very good position, especially considering you've recently passed thread 100. Definitely gonna catch up with the quest and continue following it from there.
>>
>>911299
Excellent! Thanks for giving me a chance, my friend; I'll keep an eye out for further feedback, or you can find me during one of my live threads. The quest is currently on hold while I'm running [b]Scarred By Thorns Quest[/b] but it should pick up again here Soon(tm).
>>
>>911299
>tfw running quest that you'd love to be reviewed
>tfw know it'll stand up to zero scrutiny

life sucks
>>
>>911298
Northern Beasts Quest
>>
>>911305
You'd be surprised what you're already doing well and how easy it can be to fix certain things.
>>
If anyone wants to check Acid Girl Quest #2 it's right over here

>>902915

I never know if anyone knows what's going on in my quests.
>>
>>911309
Hey, are you okay with doing private reviews? I've got a quest that's finished and I could use the insight for my next project. If you've got e-mail, Steam, Discord, Skype, whathaveyou, that'll be fine.
>>
Does anyone have a guide to how to use special text on /qst/? Like italics and color? Thanks in advance.
>>
>>911357
the sticky is the closest "guide" we have. Otherwise, it's using a similar format to html....tag....things, dunno what you call them.
>>
>>911357
Isn't it in the sticky?
>>
>>911357
It only works in a thread you make, from the same device you made it with, regardless of your server.
>>
>>906578
Number Sperg, but I can see why it happens a lot. Metagaming and min-maxing can suck the fun out of a quest for everbody involved.
>>
>>911299
What's wrong with 2nd person narration ?
>>
>>908493
When are you gonna remember Saiyan Swordsman Quest exists and run it again?
I wanna fight the familiar looking guy and the bald midget.
>>
>>911455
Nothing. It's just difficult for some people to parse because it is an unusual writing style that is only useful in virtual light novels and questing. Most schools don't even teach it until you get into collegiate courses of writing.
>>
File: IMG_2900.jpg (62KB, 546x896px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2900.jpg
62KB, 546x896px
>>911299
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=galaxy%20in%20chains

Would be nice to know where I can improve!
All of the criticisms will be my silly grammar mistakes
>>
>>911325
Yeah sure! I'm bumly on discord
>>911501
On it. Also, grammar is a shitty thing to critique and on a collegiate level, most teachers don't even bother.
>>
>character gets justifiably angry at the prospect of an 'open' relationship AKA 'let me fuck all the waifus'
>shitstorm ensues
>QM clarifies that she wasn't thinking rationally and poly da best
>she later apologizes and agrees to bring in more bitches
>MC is only 13 years old
Fucking hell, Dick Quest really is a terrible shitshow.
>>
>>911668
You mind looking at shit on Akun?
http://anonkun.com/stories/the-life-of-a-magister/4MSaynzzQeWdiaAkf/home
>>
>>911673
I'm not sure what you expected from a chuckles quest and his playerbase
>>
>>911501
Gave you a quick read. You've got one big, basic problem and that's showing vs telling. Rather than showing something to prove a character is ruthless or evil, you often just say, "This character is ruthless and evil."

Now, when it comes to the actual MC, you're actually pretty good at showing their emotions through actions rather than just saying them, so good job there. Just try and give events that display another character's feelings or traits rather than just telling someone them.

You could also do more to describe the initial setting. Give some imagery of what this area looks like to our MC. You do a bit, I just want more.

Oh and try and give your characters more distinct voices. If you have trouble with this, just think of like 3 signature phrases the character will repeat, and 2 ways they'll slur their normal speech and that will suffice for now.

Otherwise, some nice action descriptions, a fun concept, and decent writing style.
>>
>>911704
I've got class in a bit, so I'll get to this later.
>>
>>911712
I had no idea what I was letting myself in for. It's horrible on several levels.

>1) Everyone Is Sexualized.
Our 13 year old hero has to fight pussy off with a stick, and all of them are older because even the QM seems to balk at the idea of fucking 12 year olds. The 11 year old can make jokes about being a prostitute though, because that's funny and original. Generally when children are this sexually active, it's because they were abused at an earlier age. Maybe the cast were, it'd certainly explain a few things.

>2) Everyone Is Sexualized.
You know what? I'm not fucking done with this point.

Everyone is all wised up on sex stuff, like they took a night course in it (or like they were being written and played by a bunch of 30 year old virgin neckbeards). They go on about 'polyamory' and 'open relationships' and lewd massages with all the authenticity and charm of a harry potter fanfic where everyone is suddenly a goth balls deep in BDSM subculture and eager to lecture about their new lifestyle choices.

Except Harley for some reason, who is actually a decent character.

>3) Teenage Angst
Means awkward boners basically 100% of the time (with the internal commentary of a lecherous old man) and growing pains - like trying to decide if you want to be a wizard or a shaolin monk.

>4) Pacing
Yeah, I know. What did I expect? Things have to move fast, or else you wouldn't be able to cram the waifus in fast enough.

We go from starting out as a vigilante to Justice League tier shit before Dick even gets to do any real busts. Actual Batman villains barely get a peep into the story, although it's clear the QM knows a lot about the universe and there's some obscure references in there too.

Which creates a problem because;
>5) There's No Emotional Weight
Everything moves too fast for tragedy to have any effect.

We jump from riots and murder in Arkham to silly hockey players and harem building in no time whatsoever. Jason Todd actually murders Batman's half brother and they're over it before the chapter even really starts. Barbara gets badly injured, and the worst thing that happens is some relationship drama (which turns into the harem concession that prompted this rant).

There's more, but fuck it, I'm done.
>>
>>911732
Yeah I stopped reading at the harem confession thing. It was just getting too retarded. I just wanted a decent Robin quest, but instead it's Justice League HaremPro 9000 along with doormat Batman.

It was my fault for expecting anything out of Chuckles and his playerbase though. Fool me twice, shame on me, etc.
>>
>>907138
I go to sup tg archives and see whats most upvoted
>>
File: 1464222604111.jpg (104KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1464222604111.jpg
104KB, 1920x1080px
HAREM IS SHIT AND ANYBODY WHO LIKES HAREM IS SHIIIIIIIIIIIT.
>>
>>911813
It has it's place sometimes. Historical fiction with concubines and what not and some fantasy settings for examples.

But usually it's just shoehorned into where it doesn't belong to make the players feel good about themselves or something.
>>
>>911668
>on a collegiate level, most teachers don't even bother
Unless it's incomprehensible you're right, I wouldn't ding a QM too badly for the odd grammar mistake or typo. Timed extemporaneous writing is fucking hard as shit.

But sorry to tell you something of a nasty secret, we DO critique grammar at the "collegiate level". It's more a question of how much time we have to do it, particularly for those of us who get paid for a certain number of hours to grade. At US institutions that often means there's a threshold to what constitutes poor enough grammar to comment on, which varies from reader to reader and from department to department. At UK institutions the norm is that you just end up doing twice as much work as you get paid for, because extensive comments are an expectation.
>>
>>911823
>usually it's just shoehorned into where it doesn't belong
Have you been in Earthbender quest? The early threads had people trying to make up a warrior harem with the Avatar included. Thankfully the QM for that quest isn't completely retarded. It takes a bad QM and a worse playerbase to allow that kind of ill-fitting shit to pass.
>>
>>909238
It's like some sort of /tg/ prophecy. When we all beome less sinful and learn to love each other in a less faggy way than you'd expect, Crusty will be cured and return to write smut.
>>
>>911835
I don't like Sominus but I will give credit where credit is due and say he does a damn good job of shutting that shit down and gives pretty severe consequences if you try anyways.
>>
>>911838
>When we all beome less sinful
Where do you think we are?
>>
>>911839
I'm almost certain he killed our airbender buddy because we joked about getting his boi-pussy. I enjoy his quests though when we aren't getting samefagged into shit choices.
>>
File: wsq.jpg (261KB, 850x1314px) Image search: [Google]
wsq.jpg
261KB, 850x1314px
>>911823
My biggest problem is not with the harem itself, but what the writers do with it. I'M GUILTY OF IT MYSELF, HAHA, HAREMS HA but a lot of harems in quests are there to fulfill some kind of romance checklist for the sake of having one, at the expense of character development.

...Then again, I write more shitty romance than anything, so I'm just a hypocrite.

>>911825
If it's grammatically incorrect, but if it either sounds alright when read aloud or is just a single tense error, then I usually don't mind. Writing spontaneous updates are hard. It takes me an hour to write like 2500 characters worth of words.

>>911838
>learn to love each other
Good one!
>>
>>911840
I mean, obviously it'll never happen. That's why i's a prophecy about sin.
>>
>QM Questions:
[I try to dance along that line. On the one hand, I want my writing to describe and communicate the scene to the audience while avoiding telling THEM how to feel or how the MC should feel. However, I think some emotive language (or at least some notes on the MC's thoughts and feelings) can streamline some scenes and help my readers feel more immersed.]

[It's one of the many things I need to work on. c'est la vie.]
>>
>>911844
>I enjoy his quests though
I have no idea how you can, but to each their own.

>we aren't getting samefagged into shit choices.
How do you know it was samefagged? 1 Post by this ID all over the place? Did everyone vote for some dumb write in or something?
>>
>>911859
>I have no idea how you can, but to each their own.
I really like the content he's chosen and I don't think he's too bad of a writer. As you said, to each their own
>How do you know it was samefagged?
I honestly don't but I honestly can't think of a reason why choosing not to dodge acid spit won out besides that.
I should have been there instead of sleeping.
>>
File: 1451613866973.jpg (402KB, 666x1503px) Image search: [Google]
1451613866973.jpg
402KB, 666x1503px
What's going on in this thread, /qst/?
>>
>>911877
[Discussion about Somnius and Chuckles. The usual.]
>>
>>911866
>but I honestly can't think of a reason why choosing not to dodge acid spit won out besides that.

I've been in the Human quest that was on /tg/ back in the day. For a good while a good portion of the options chosen was
>Charge
>Charge
>Charge
His playerbase isn't the smartest (no offense) so I can easily see them trying something like that.
>>
File: 1461273227747.jpg (81KB, 623x878px) Image search: [Google]
1461273227747.jpg
81KB, 623x878px
>>911882
Sounds like some shit.

I have no idea who either of those guys are but oh well.
>>
>>911885
Well we were already dodging and weaving through the shit if memory serves me. For some reason they just decided to not do that after a point. The guy was a scrub we could have handled easy. The fact that it was in a tournament preliminary match just makes it sting even more. Now it's pre-Kami Piccolo running the show while we get Otherworld gains.
>>
>>911889
[They're both QMs that have been running since 2013? 2014? About two to three years ago...]
>>
>>911885
That was legit my first quest I started from the beginning. Goddamn I nearly quit so many times because of a bunch of anon's being stupid. In the end, though, I just quit because Somnius is bad at writing anything that isn't action.
>>
>>911922
Well...looking back the stuff in between fights certainly isn't his strong suit. He's visibly getting better though. I actually give a shit about a good amount of the characters he's writing now so there's that. Yamcha getting gibbed actually made me a little sad.
>>
[I used to always mix up Somas and Somnius in my mind. Damn people with similar names.]
>>
>>911945
Why are you putting brackets around everything?
>>
>>911948
Bad habit that sticks around.
>>
File: DIDYOUJUSTFUCKINGSIRSANDWICHME.png (286KB, 475x599px) Image search: [Google]
DIDYOUJUSTFUCKINGSIRSANDWICHME.png
286KB, 475x599px
>>911951
How do you make that a habit?
>>
Soma ever said anything about his side quests continuing? CNQ and LQ?
>>
>>911784
I can't say I'm that butthurt about the Barbara romance going poorly, because it was never interesting.

She was introduced and was a cock tease, which was fun. Then you got dozens of chapters of 'Movie Night' which was the dullest and most rehashed bland shit imaginable. There was no spark between the two characters whatsoever. They basically wound up in a relationship because they were kind of the same age, but not really.
>>
>>911966
Ivy and Raven are just as one note, but people hype them up just the same.

Harley and maybe Zats are the only two that actually some form of chemistry imo.

Doesn't matter anyways, Chuckles is going to make that quest into DC Waifu Pokemon. Gotta catch them all.
>>
>>911963
CNQ is dead forever and LQ is in a "when I feel like it" hiatus.
>>
>>909567

I did it. A Quest about being a character in a harem anime. A quest that requires the least amount of effort right now.

>>909592
>>909599
>>
>>911983
Harley is easily the best character.

So of course her screentime is minimal.
>>
File: 1480494964774-1-1.jpg (488KB, 561x722px) Image search: [Google]
1480494964774-1-1.jpg
488KB, 561x722px
>>911983
I will never understand /tg/s, most likely /qst/, and apparently Akun's obsession with Ivy and Raven
Raven especially
>>
>>912136
Teen Titans was airing when they were in the middle of puberty.
>>
Evil Sorceress Quest is back!

>>912260
>>912260
>>
>>912136
Legs
>>
Starship Idols is alive and well.

>>912455
>>
>>912136
I mean, Raven has this cool backstory in the show from what I remember and gets a lot of nice character growth throughout it.

As for Ivy, idk she doesn't wear a lot of clothes I guess and has some lesbian tendencies which is super fetishized here.
>>
I am continuing Fair of Dusklight on Akun, we're close to the end of chapter 1.

https://anonkun.com/stories/fair-of-dusklight/FJxy496a43Zuecpq3
>>
>>911673
Hahahaha.

Yeah, I figured it was going that route.

Fuck Dick Quest and FUCK WHITE PEOPLE!
>>
Is their any tripfag more cancerous then Sleepy?
>>
File: postcount(old).png (59KB, 979x881px) Image search: [Google]
postcount(old).png
59KB, 979x881px
>>912833
Take your pick.
>>
>>912847
>wrenloft
I look fondly upon those days.
>>
>>912018
Harley is not the best character because that thing in Chuckle's Quest is not Harley.

I'm sorry but cucking all of Harley's entire character to make her easier to waifu is retarded.
>>
File: MC6 (2).jpg (194KB, 1000x1051px) Image search: [Google]
MC6 (2).jpg
194KB, 1000x1051px
>>912827
>>912827
>>912827

Hey, I also run quests sometimes. Come check out Jedi Knight Quest if you guys have some time.
>>
>>912847
Oh damn didn't know that hungarian LARPfag has that many posts.

Also haven't seen wrenloft or indonesian gentleman in long time.
>>
>>911314
Hi I'm here hi.

I'm not like, %100 sure what 'harem' means in this context, like a literal harem or just an MC that fucks a lot of people. I try to give my players free reign , and that tends to lead to them fucking a lot of people.
>>
>>913029
I think I saw indo......a few months ago?
>>
>>913095
>MC that fucks a lot of people

See I think that's quite honestly a much better way to handle 'wanna fuck a bunch of women' needs of an audience.

Like with Dick Quest. You can easily have Dick just, y'know, go through various relationships throughout his life instead of needing to have his girlfriend be a cuck.
>>
>>913188
No folly in poly©, dog. You're just monotonous cause monogamous©.
>>
>>913291
Yeah except that culture never gets properly represented.

Its literally "ooga booga these women are mine!"
>>
>>913316
Oh on dick quest? Yeah, but I mean, lower your expectations on that one.
>>
>>913515
Nah i just wont read it
>>
>>913291
Name one successful polygamous culture.
Never mind, I'll do it for you. Most of them to varying degrees prior to the foundation of Christianity and for more than a thousand years afterwards.
Alright, now name one successful polyandrous society.
There are none.
Tibetans don't count because they're not successful by any stretch of the imagination.
>>
>>913695
Wait how do you define "success" like are bush people in Africa successful since they don't die in the Sahara or do they have to like advance and shit?
>>
>>913695
>successful polyandrous society
Define successful. You mean in terms of a civilization, or just not getting wiped out?
>>
>>913718
>>913721
I would define a successful culture as one which goes on to dominate and subsume other cultures. If it merely exist in perpetuity then it is at best unremarkable. A failed culture is one which no longer exist.
>>
>>913695
>name one successful polyandrous society
The Ancient Atlantians were into Polyandry, trust me. I'm a certified expert.
>>
File: Best Girl.png (101KB, 150x276px) Image search: [Google]
Best Girl.png
101KB, 150x276px
>>912144
Ah

>>912423
Butts > Legs

Do not disagree

>>912793
Things is players in general fail to understand that a character does not need to be fucking another to make them happy

As does a writer

And from what I can tell the players seem to be sailing that ship. I don't know I'm further slowed in my reading of it since I keep looking at chat and seeing stupid shit in the chat like elaborate plans to break up with their current waifu or cuck themselves(?) or turn her Bi or some stupid shit

Also pheromones / magic musk

Literally everybody stop doing this. Please.

>>913095
Harem in the sense that everybody or just one dude has multiple relationships

They are universally shit
>>
>>913808
Butts are part of legs. What do you think the glutes even do?
>>
>>913808
>turn her Bi

I love this one.

Uh shit, um, you can fuck her too so why dont you just, y'know, spontaneously develop a love for vajayjay. C'mon!

>Tfw your boyfriend forces you to lick pussy
>>
>>913865
"S-She was always hot" She tells herself.
>>
>>913879
Y-y-y-yeah I w-w-want to e-e-eat this girl out. I love vagina I swear!

God, why do questers want their love interests to be the female versions of Anthony Burch.
>>
File: SpeedsterQuestBanner.jpg (39KB, 550x777px) Image search: [Google]
SpeedsterQuestBanner.jpg
39KB, 550x777px
>>906578
I was urged that this would be the place to post that the next session of Speedster Quest is live here >>914005

Old thread here >>902519
>>
>>913897
I hope one day there will be a quest with a harem where the girls go out and fuck other guys on the occasion as well.

It'd fun to see the players react to that if it was unexpected.
>>
>>914240
The amount of salt would be glorious.
>>
>>914240
>>914260
They'd lose their minds.

I'd pay money to see that level of salt.
>>
>>914240
The Raiders has that happen regularly.

In fact, the MC was horrified at the idea of people being monogamous and in love.
>>
>>914240
See that's the thing.

"I want an open relationship!"

No you fucking don't. Imagine if Barbara started sucking on fucking batdick while Dick was busy plowing Poison Ivy.

Or getting a quickie from Speedy.

Like come the fuck on.

>>914303

Good on XS for actually going full hog on that trippy alien cultural perspective on sexual relationship shit.
>>
>>914319
That's why I want it to happen, specially to Chuckle's players. It might give perspective.

...Nah they'd just get salty and bitch without learning a goddamn thing.
>>
File: 1411441500928.jpg (147KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1411441500928.jpg
147KB, 1440x810px
>>912847
>Almost 13,000 posts on /tg/

What have I been doing with my life.
>>
Thinking about making a quest where hurting someones feelings is the same as physically hurting them.

It's not really any kind of statement either, I just feel like it could have some legitimately funny situations.

Combat is making fun of people, find a good way to tell your friend that he's dressed like a complete tool without putting him in the hospital.

I'm hesitant to do it though as I don't really know where I'd take it.
>>
>>914532
Well back then you usually had 3 quests on rotation almost every week.

Shit adds up.
>>
>>913808
>Butts > Legs

>Ferrari > Cars

This is how you sound like
>>
>>914714
I mean, yeah though.

Nobody gets hype over the idea of cars in general.

They like "sports cars" or "monster trucks" or something.
>>
>>913029
>>913120
Sup fellas?
Mostly lurking and suggesting instead of running because of what Vox calls 'gainful employment'.
Also currently getting my bricked harddrive with my skirmish/quest notes innit data recovered. Hopefully 2017 will be a good year for starting quests and skirmishes because BOY DO I HAVE SEVERAL IDEAS
>>
Anyone who thinks starting a quest on anonkun is a good alternative to /qst/ should watch the faggotry happening in the chat and votes in this new quest.

http://anonkun.com/stories/heroquest-dc-universe/vPxABKC8nDd9x8xq3
>>
I finally managed to do that thing where you end on a cliff-hanger and leave all the players wanting more and I'm proud of myself.
>>
>>914826
>DC Universe
Well there's your problem.
>>
>>914539
>Constantly objectify our waifu
>She literally turns into an object
>>
>>914842
Would it work the other way?
>>
>>914842
Where were you when you punched your waifu into a venetian door?
>>
Yo guys, I got a new idea for a quest that I think will be fun.

It takes place in the Bronx during the early 70s.

And you play a kid in one of the many forgotten neighborhoods where gangs have come to rule.

except

SURPRISE

people have super powers

You don't though. At first at least.

I'm being really historical in my portrayal of South Bronx and using mostly actual pictures from that time for the art.

I'll also take some influence from the movie Warriors, since that was fun and I can see it working.

I've still got a lot of work to do on it, but what do you guys think so far?
>>
>>914871
I'd play it.
Could use those neat pictures of people from that-wait, never mind. 70s. But yeah, I'd still play it. Don't know much about Bronx in the 70s but I like capeshit and gang violence.
>>
File: Bronx.jpg (91KB, 736x483px) Image search: [Google]
Bronx.jpg
91KB, 736x483px
>>914878
Watch Rubble Kings if you want a good picture of the Bronx during the 70s. Or just google "South Bronx, 1970s" and watch this shit
>>
>>914871
>SURPRISE
not really. I mean, who would honestly be surprised?

>You don't though. At first at least.
ehhhhhhh. You think "mystery" or "hook", I think "we're going to be in the dark for so long and the payoff will not be worth it" or "it's just going to be another 'underdog' power fantasy"

>I'm being really historical
sounds neat
>>
File: Gangs.jpg (124KB, 795x559px) Image search: [Google]
Gangs.jpg
124KB, 795x559px
>>914891
There's not really an "in the dark" thing. You just eventually have the chance to get a power if your character wants it.

'underdog power fantasy' might become a problem although considering how I'm going to be presenting super-powered individuals, I think it'll feel almost survival-horror when you're fighting them (if you decide to fight them that is)
>>
>>914871
I'd play it. Makes me think of Static Shock.
>>
Train car murder mystery quest? Yes? No?
It would be a one-shot.
>>
File: Bronx.jpg (93KB, 600x403px) Image search: [Google]
Bronx.jpg
93KB, 600x403px
>>914973
I'm stealing some stuff from it but it's gonna have a lot less focus on powers and Monster of the Week villains.

A lot more focus on gangs, survival, character growth, and protecting your own (depending on how you play it of course)

I'll start up in about two weeks once finals end.
>>
>>914989
cool
>>
>>914989
>>914973
>>914856
>>914729
>>913735
>>914272
Fuck off, attention whores.
>>
>>914999
>This guy never punched their waifu so hard she turned into a venetian door

Come to think of it, that could be the premise of a quest. You're a guy with a superpower - only that superpower is hitting people so hard they turn into furniture and household appliances. Which path will you tread? The superhero, the supervillain, or the home depot manager?
>>
>>915020
>>914999
I think you mean names

Dude, when you're a QM who advertises their quest here, there's pretty much no point in dropping the trip. Especially when people can see your post ID here anyway.
>>
Question for QMs:
How do you write your combat?
I'm thinking of running a quest soon in a military setting, and I think it might be pretty combat heavy. I'm finding it difficult to both write in the amount of combat that a war would have AND make every piece of combat engaging and move the plot forward.
>>
>>915038
FYI: post IDs in /qst/ is the same only in one thread. So if you check my ID here and my suggestion in Thug Quest >>915055 for example, they're different.
>>
>>914999
whorin til mornin
>>
>>915056
I'm aware.

That's why you'll sometimes see me drop my trip here, because I was in another thread participating in a quest and didn't need it.
>>
Does it bother you when QMs use artwork of existing characters to help explain what their character looks like? It takes me out of the quest a little when a QM does that
>>
>>915039
Actually, for an individual soldier, a war is mostly a lot of menial work, training or simply waiting. You don't have to make the quest about combat. Play on a contrast of slow-moving slice of life and fast-paced, chaotic and confusing action.
>>
>>915071
For me was only jarring once when a man's picture was used for a woman character. Other than that, it's all ok.
>>
Would someone mind looking over my quest here
>>900280
and pointing out the stupid shit I did? It's my first time running a quest and I want to learn from my mistakes.

Thanks
>>
>>914999
>you can get lots of people in your quest if you advertise and you write well
>STOP TRYING TO GET PEOPLE INTO YOUR QUESTS!!!!!
Make up your fucking mind.
>>
>>915233
Shitposting with your trip on in Cutie G is not the same thing as advertising your quest.
>>
>>915297
Yes it is.
>>
File: 1458524587845s.jpg (2KB, 77x125px) Image search: [Google]
1458524587845s.jpg
2KB, 77x125px
>>915142
Do you have an email? It doesn't look like I got much to read so I can send you a quick review fast.

Mechagirl Pit Fighter is back!

>>915293
>>
Ryukuza Quest starts.

>>915346

Ammy-chan!
>>
>>915039
>>915128
That, and some people say that the worst part of combat is just the waiting.
>>
Gang Quest is running.

Come join us try and take over 80's LA as the leader of the Cossack Biker Gang.

>>909692
>>
>>915130
Are you talking about what Moloch fucking did?

That cheating bastard.

Pro-tip: If you make a character a reverse trap you have to use female character art. That's the rule.
>>
why doesnt /qst/ have a [yellow]?
>>
>>915706
Because there's no good reason to have yellow text, ever, in any context.
>>
>>915341
I'll just post a throwaway email address.
[email protected]
>>
>>915718
no
>>
File: cSST01d.gif (177KB, 716x535px) Image search: [Google]
cSST01d.gif
177KB, 716x535px

>>915956
>>
>>915706
Green is bad enough, but yellow wouldn't be legible on any background except black (which would make blue and red horrifying).
>>
Evil Sorceress Quest #2 is live!

>>916014
>>916014
>>916014
>>
Former /tg/ quest regular here. I haven´t been on /qst/ in months, so I have a few questions.

Is the Exalted Quest with Maka still running? If yes, when and where?

Same question for Urban Oni. Don´t know if that one ever went on here though.

And do youg uys have some superhero quests to recommend?

I always wanted to start my own, but I´ll think I read first again.
>>
>>916077
>Is the Exalted Quest with Maka still running? If yes, when and where?

>Same question for Urban Oni. Don´t know if that one ever went on here though.

You know these two could easily be answered if you took the time to look.

>And do youg uys have some superhero quests to recommend?
I can't vouch for anything personally but a Speedster quest just started not too long ago.
>>
>>916077
The survivor of AtlantaAsia's tournament is basically a superhero. Check suptg archives for /tg/, it's fairly recent.
>>
>>916077
>Is the Exalted Quest with Maka still running? If yes, when and where?
Yes, it's coming back Monday.

Old threads still get put up on suptg if you missed any.
>>
>>902915

Things are getting weird on Acid Girl Quest #2
>>
>>916100
>>916108
Ah. So, it´s still suptg? I´ll check there then. Thank you.

I´ll check the speedster and atlanta ones out then.

>>916111
Monday? I´ll probably won´t make it, but I´ll try to be here then. Thanks.
>>
Modern Necromancy Quest: Redux is running! Roll well and save a reformed goth necromancer chick from being eaten by a not!zombie
>>909378
>>909378
>>909378
>>
STARWARS: A Galaxy in Chains

Up and running for the night, feel free to join us!
>>916618
>>916618
>>916618
>>
>>916077

There's Alchemical Blade Quest I wrote which is about Exalted Modern respectively.
>>
Would there be any interest in a quest where you play as one of four predefined street mages, set in a modern time period?
>>
>>915020
>Which path will you tread?
I feel like unless you can turn them back, any path you take is going to be an evil one.
>>
>>917586
>Not turning villains into furniture and donating them to Goodwill
>>
>>917586
>He doesn't think petty criminals deserve to turned into foot stools for all eternity
>>
How well have detective/murder mystery quests worked? I was thinking of running one someday.
>>
I had the idea that I'd rather people find my quest on their own because they're looking for something like it and want to read it, so I refused to post it or ask anything about it because I figured that anybody who wanted to find it would already be looking in the catalog, and not in general discussion.

I'm not too sure about that anymore though, so I'd like to know on a scale of misguided naivete to outright retardation where that kind of thinking puts me so I can just say fuck it and do what everybody does anyways.
>>
>>917654
misguided naivete, on /tg/ that would have probably worked, but on /qst/ it's hard enough to get players, you don't need to go about giving yourself more obstacles.
>>
>>917629
They haven't.

Admittedly, though, not many people have tried. The one thing just about everyone agrees on is that you need some sort of mechanic to bring clues and so on to the attention of your players - whether that's a character, some sort of supernatural power, etc.
>>
>>917713
>you need some sort of mechanic to bring clues and so on to the attention of your players - whether that's a character, some sort of supernatural power, etc.

Sounds perfect for a Ace Attorney or a Ghost Trick style quest.
>>
>>917654
I dunno man, I don't think posting here got me any new voters.
>>
>>917654
>The first few lines visible in the catalog are "this quest is set in...." or "Hi, I'm a new QM and this is my first quest and whoops I took so long writing this that you can't see any of the actual quest in the catalog"
retardation

>They aren't
either naivete or extremely bold/confident. Orrrrr a fanfic quest, because you only needed the title, really.
>>
>>916124
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Solar%20Quest
The suptg link now that I'm home.
>>
>>917458
Yes
>>
>>917654
>>917838

Dumping a link in QTG does close to nothing. After all, why would it do anything? Do YOU look at the links that get posted in these threads?

If you want to use QTG to get players, you need to actually engage with what semblance of a community it has, preferably long before you've even started your quest. Show your ideas around, show why you think they're good, let people give you feedback and input, let them leave a mark on the unborn quest. Actually respond respectfully to them, build up some hype, and THEN tell people exactly when you're going to start this quest (and not the same fucking day you first posted, you want to give it some time so an amount of potentially interested players actually become aware that a thing is going to happen). If you do all that successfully, and preferably over several days, if you actually catch the attention of people around here, THEN you have a chance to actually gain players from QTG. Unless you did all of the above with your trip on, of course. Then you're just a tripfag and only other tripfags actually pay attention to them.

Next part is actually giving your quest a good and interesting start that makes people want to stay, instead of the bare-bones drippings of hollowed out, char-gen infested, unedited verbal vomit that usually passes for an opening around here. This one might require you to actually put in some effort. You probably won't like that and quit. Most do.

Good luck, anon.
>>
>>918777
>>917654
Alternatively, just run on Akun and shoehorn in smut into whatever idea you had before. Done.
>>
>>911838
>>909238
>>909274
Crusty will return the day we purge druidfags and accept that phasing is the only true t3 option
>>
Anyone know what happened to Guide? Mercs was a fun quest
>>
>>918866
Or just string them along for 25 chapters

It's what I'm probably going to do
Mainly because I have pacing insecurties
>>
File: HMS Cossack.jpg (230KB, 785x560px) Image search: [Google]
HMS Cossack.jpg
230KB, 785x560px
Here's a pitch /qtg/: Fighting War of the Worlds Martians in WW2 warships, building a multinational flotilla while trying to counter and outstrip the Martians' increasingly sophisticated attempts at naval combat. Working title Thunderchild Quest. Aiming for somewhat pulpy but more often 'plausible' alt-history feel.

I'm already neck deep in prepping for it but I'm interested in what you lot think of the above elevator pitch.
>>
>>919024
Sounds like a decent enough premise.

Are you going to include wunderwaffe / post-WWII projects like the early jets? How about paper warships? Basically, I want to know how much you plan to cater to military nerds. Planefag's quests proved there's a lot of them out there.

Be warned that your players will probably try to immediately seize and reverse engineer Martian technology, but that'll ruin the tone of what you're trying to achieve.
>>
>>919043
It's going to be starting in late '41 at the latest, so very few wunderwaffe. Capturing and sending martian tech off to be reverse engineered is all well and good, but that's the domain of the boffins back in Blighty (or other nations) and since it's all top top secret they're unlikely to see any direct results from beyond a pat on the back and some favours from up the chain of command. As for paper warships there will be a few, mainly in the form of theoretical BBs and CCs from various nations since masers make CVs and naval aviation less potent in general.

As for catering to the military nerds, I don't think that will be an issue, as I'm very much one of them.
>>
>>919024
What's the endgame? Is there an endgame?
>>
>>919084
There is one, centred around the climax of the arms race between the newly arrived martians trying to get better at naval warfare and thus defeat mankind in the one theatre where they have an upper hand and the humans trying to reverse engineer the martian technology into something they can use to end or halt the invasion. Anything more detailed is a combination of spoilers and open to change by the players as the quest runs.
>>
>>919105
>thus defeat mankind in the one theatre where they have an upper hand
Why wouldn't they just use their air (space) superiority to wreck all the ports and airbases and factories?
>>
>>919110
Martian aviation isn't dominant over 1940s mankind. Particularly their flying machine as seen in the original work is large and cumbersome large and cumbersome enough to say be struck by a lucky 15-in shell and I plan to include another type of martian fighter bomber machine with a flying wing design that while very nimble and effective in the martian atmosphere, is fragile and as such greatly limited in how radically it may maneouvre in the thicker air of Earth. Their advantages lie in their offensive firepower, making losses amongst human airpower very high but ultimately they can hold the line. On the ground however, it's something of a stomp in the martians' favour if human forces get caught out of their bubbles of interlocking artillery and naval gunfire support, essentially locking most of humanity into coastal areas or islands.
>>
>>919110
Let's not think about how any space-faring species bent on invasion would be easily capable of dropping perfectly ratio-weighted-to-purpose accelerated non-nuclear steel beams/balls anywhere on a planet they want with pinpoint accuracy and decimate every potential form of industrialized/mechanized resistance. It kinda breaks that "dome" of fiction, eh?

>>919130
This answer I like though.
>>
>>919136
>>919130
I'd kind of forgot that they were War of the Worlds style Martians. I guess they fire reinforcements in from Mars with a cannon or whatever but for the purposes of the quest they'll probably have bases.

Actually, reflecting on the book, the Martians were actually pretty weak. Two tripods go down to Thunder Child, which is weaker than a destroyer. So a WWII tank might well be able to challenge them.

Of course the aliens can improve their designs, or maybe they're just stronger because you say so, but R&D doesn't go so well on the front line of an invasion.
>>
>>919136
>Let's not think about how any space-faring species bent on invasion would be easily capable of dropping perfectly ratio-weighted-to-purpose accelerated non-nuclear steel beams/balls anywhere on a planet they want with pinpoint accuracy and decimate every potential form of industrialized/mechanized resistance. It kinda breaks that "dome" of fiction, eh?
I don't know any piece of sci-fi invasion fiction that DOESN'T include some form of orbital bombardment, whether by directed-energy, dropping asteroids, firing mass driver rounds, etc.
>>
>>919152
The Martian's somewhat improved their designs with the extra 30 something years to prepare, a good mid-war or standar late-war tank (Sherman, Cromwell or Panzer IV with the L/42 or L/48) could take a standard Fighting Machine/Tripod down with a lucky shot or sustained fire, but what's on hand in late '41, especially considering Germany and the Soviet Union's decimation isn't enough to really give them pause without numbers and likely continued fire. The problem with that is most early war tanks are also slow and in a Tripod so much as looks at one at the engagement ranges they'd likely meet, it's slag metal in an instant. That said, tanks are a big part of land offensive and defensive operations, but casualty rates are high.
>>
File: The Hell of Oni.png (3MB, 1433x2000px) Image search: [Google]
The Hell of Oni.png
3MB, 1433x2000px
Ryukusa is back again, facing off with the King of Hell himself.

>>919192
>>
>>919169
You know they made an animated movie based on the technology upgrades and the second martian invasion, right?
>>
>>919154
They include it, but usually don't go far enough to wrestle the fact that non-interstellar species vs. interstellar species is an automatic loss, because one has invulnerable supply lines and the other has 100% vulnerable supply lines (and everything else not covered by a cloud). FTL a couple bombardment satellites beyond strike range or orbiting around our natural satellite and you've got free range to hit anywhere on planet earth with good calculus. The exceptions to this have humanity deep underground, in bunkers, or hidden behind shields or stealth tech. The lesser exceptions have some made up problem with the alien species interstellar warfare thought process, or they're magically absent the concepts "hit without being hit", unless you're fungi or undead or it's never mattered if you get hit, or they don't care about their troops because they're drones. Or in War of the Worlds they don't know about germs.

Or they're both capable of that vein of warfare, which changes the vulnerability game completely. Keep in mind, even most modern sci-fi forgets our own capabilities in where we can put satellites and what implications that has for any FTL capable species.

Artificial cloud cover via terraforming combined with EM interference is probably the best defense I've read if a species can't into FTL tech.
>>
>>919223
>>919154
Oh and another good one was the aliens having internal political problems hampering their war engine, that's pretty good too.
>>
>>919313

Girls und Panzer: Cromwell State College quest is up, come on in if you like girls, tanks, or any combination of the above.
>>

>>919787
>>
File: F-14 and phantom.jpg (29KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
F-14 and phantom.jpg
29KB, 800x640px
Where Wolves Fear To Tread will be running in an hour's time!
>>
File: Power.jpg (666KB, 1778x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Power.jpg
666KB, 1778x1000px
Okay, so I've got some basics for Power Quest ready to start in about 10 days.

I need a combat system, though. I'm looking for something that is actually pretty damn tough to start out in order to motivate players to use stealth or negotiating more, but there will be a basic stat system that you can use to become a "bruiser".

Any suggestions for combat systems using /qst/ dice that make combat pretty damn tough besides just setting high DCs?
>>
>>920341

I find M&M works well
>>
How would you handle the concept of the end of an era?

I read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fin_de_si%C3%A8cle and it's got me thinking about the themes of the eras of gold,silver etc, about progress vs degeneration and fundamentally about the role of uncertainty in the human condition and what it means when society becomes aware of it's own fears.
>>
Is there a named term for the feeling of helplessness that one experiences when one sees others make bad decisions they cannot possibly stop? Agony-dread and frustration don't feel hard enough.
>>
File: Power4.png (72KB, 600x1460px) Image search: [Google]
Power4.png
72KB, 600x1460px
>>920471
Do you think that'll work if we're playing a normie, though?

Then again, you'd be facing off against mostly other normies with people with powers acting as "bosses" or challenges you have to think of some way around.
>>
>>920490
Despair.

No, really, that's what it is called, and the usage is correct. "I despaired of him ever understanding his mistake." For example.
>>
File: Read.gif (480KB, 300x170px) Image search: [Google]
Read.gif
480KB, 300x170px
Zatch Bell quest part 4 live
>>>>920499
>>
>>920519
Yeah.

Yeah that works.
>>
File: you're gonna get liberated.gif (53KB, 301x314px) Image search: [Google]
you're gonna get liberated.gif
53KB, 301x314px
Where Wolves Fear To Tread is running right now!

>>920523
>>920523
>>920523
>>
>>920516

If normal as in Batman normal? Like no superpowers? You'll be fine.

If normal like Kickass normal? It may be a bit tricky.
>>
File: fist-png-32943.png (333KB, 925x1280px) Image search: [Google]
fist-png-32943.png
333KB, 925x1280px
>>920542
Could be either. Your character will have the option to start off knowing Karate (which is actually based on a historical thing where every single gang in the Bronx in the early 70s had some kid named Karate Charlie or Karate Kenny who knew some karate)

Otherwise, though, it'll be Kickass levels of normal.
>>
>>920754
>>920754
>>920754

Beleaguered Prince Quest is now live.
>>
Trying out a new quest, feel free to jump in.
>>920796
>>
>>918777
A bit difficult to do that ten threads in but I appreciate the advice in any case.
>>
File: Triton.jpg (1MB, 3000x1715px) Image search: [Google]
Triton.jpg
1MB, 3000x1715px
We're live with another episode of Starcaller Quest!
>>920923
>>920923
>>920923
>>
For anyone that previously showed interest, the PaSwG themed quest is still in development. Estimated start time was increased because of holiday obligations, and extra effort for quest preparedness.

So don't get your undies in a twist, and keep your cock-socks hot and ready for "Magical Underwear Quest".
>>
Currently live with the second episode of Phoenix Knight Quest! >>921146
>>
>>915071

It's really the only way to find high-quality art, these days.
>>
>>923233
You've never heard of Deviantart, or Artstation, or Pinterest, or /tg/booru, or art dump threads, or Google, or even Wikis with concept art galleries?
>>
>>923246
Soma, pls.
>>
>>923263
Anon please, no need for such insults. My imouto is still pure and underage.
>>
>>923268
...satisfactory.
>>
Are there any quests like Outlaw Star?
>>
>>920945
No problem man, it's not like I go on these rants expecting anyone to actually follow my advice. I'd have to be borderline insane to do so after so many failed attempts. I just do it to feel good.

>>922808
That.. might be fun actually, if handled well. I'm mildly curious now.
>>
>>
>>923695
oh no it's been spoiled aaaahhhhhh
>>
CSC quest in like an hour and a half
>>
>>923724
>>919313
CSC quest is gogogo
>>
RE:Monster is shit.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H_yuzaFEbM
>>
>>923917
The premise in general?
>>
>>923685
you're curious, but are you, BI-CURIOUS?
>>
File: apacci.jpg (170KB, 850x1386px) Image search: [Google]
apacci.jpg
170KB, 850x1386px
SHIMIGAMI SAVANT QUEST LIVE AND RUNNING
>>924018
>>
>>923695
Oh wow. That is the most deluded, defeatist and self-conflicting attitude I've ever seen.
>>
>>923695
Fun is a buzzword, etc.
>>
File: 1481396240458.gif (1MB, 532x354px) Image search: [Google]
1481396240458.gif
1MB, 532x354px
Is it just me or do 40K Quests just always die?
>>
>>924351
It's all true, though.

Stuff like Shadow Quest, if technically analyzed, had terrible writing. The part the QM did best was interactions and characters, with good action. And SM didn't become a good character writer writing quests, it was a skill was grown prior and then turned towards the purpose of fun.
>>
>>906578
QUESTS WERE BETTER BACK IN MY DAY
BOARD SPLITTING KILLED THE COMMUNITY
/A/ IS SHIT
I DON'T LIKE CHANGE
>>
File: colt monitor (2).jpg (20KB, 547x410px) Image search: [Google]
colt monitor (2).jpg
20KB, 547x410px
Where Wolves Fear To Tread will be running in 45 minutes time!
>>
File: A boy and his hug.jpg (11KB, 200x236px) Image search: [Google]
A boy and his hug.jpg
11KB, 200x236px
>>924548
>terrible writing
>Good interactions and characters with good action

Doesn't sound bad to me.

>>923695
>>924351
Can I give you a hug German? I feel like you could use a hug.
>>
>>924652
I'm fine anon, I don't need hugs. I have Quests.
>>
>>924655
Are the Quests trying you right?
>>
>>924665
I don't know what that means but I'm still okay.
>>
>>924681
Treating you right.

Good to hear you're doing okay though. So long as its fun keep doing it.
>>
>>924715
Questing is still fun. I will say that one of the most important aspects is having players who care and who are having fun.

Players are what make QMs happy in the end though. If you're a player in a Quest and things seem a bit quiet, tell your QM that you're having some fun out there.
>>
File: panzer IV.jpg (86KB, 1200x812px) Image search: [Google]
panzer IV.jpg
86KB, 1200x812px

>>920523
>>920523
>>920523
>>
>>924652
Technical stuff doesn't have much to do with those things; it's structure, grammar, overall pacing, and all the standard editing and day-old proofreading to prevent verb form errors/disagreement, comma misuse, and exact paragraphing or adding/removing fine details, which is stuff that doesn't happen for quests. When people say a quest has good writing it usually involves only the basic essentials being consistent and responsive to player input (hook/characters/plot/interaction), with some of those not even necessary for actually having a fun quest. Some even have a stylistic neglect of basic writing principles, not all that different from authors who don't give a fuck.

SM though, definitely an above average QM. Consistent with an update speed roughly 32ish posts across two threads a session. I think their strength was that kind of output with few mistakes... and an awesome skill tree.
>>
>>924876
Story>>>>>>>>>Grammar. I don't think this can be stressed enough.
>>
>>924896
Precisely. Actually, I see the absence in a lot of recent quests.

Lot's of good OP's, structurally, but no meat to the story or the player input side of things.
>>
>>924896
I don't think that's the case if the writing is legitimately illegible.
>>
File: 140565485114863.jpg (100KB, 410x461px) Image search: [Google]
140565485114863.jpg
100KB, 410x461px
Former /tg/ QM here, thinking about getting back into the game to some extent. All tribalism aside, do you think a full-length original fantasy-setting quest would be better started here or on akun? I've also been considering trying my hand at some 1-2 thread short quests, but I have no experience with those. I don't know how well they fly on either site, nowadays, so any info about that would be appreciated.
>>
>>924947
If you will do smut Akun, if not here
>>
File: Quest Cover.jpg (216KB, 642x924px) Image search: [Google]
Quest Cover.jpg
216KB, 642x924px
Black Company is a go, up at at 'em lads.

>>924938
>>924938
>>924938

>>924947
I've heard akun is smut-focused and, after briefly browsing the site myself, it does seem to be the case.

In my experience, a well-written and thought out quest will generate the interest that many of the half-arsed threads on /qst/ lack. So go for it!
>>
>>923922
>JQOP was on
Huh
>>
>>924947
Akun if you've got potential for romance.
If not, anywhere but here will do. But you can run here too.
>>
>>924990
It's not the real JQOP, just one of the many shitposters to spawn from Soma's IRC.
>>
>>925013
Oh lame.
>>
>>924986
>>924987
>>924998
I've never gone as far as doing smut, but I'm not opposed to including romance. Naturally, those parts aren't the main focus of my quests, but good to know regardless.

Looking like I'll start off here once I've got everything where I want it to be, see how it goes, and depending on that I might end up migrating.

Thanks all for your replies.
>>
>>925041
Now we just have to figure out which old /tg/ QM this is...

Three sentences... a word of thanks... never gone as far as smut... not opposed to romance... never main focuses... likes putting things into place...

FallGuy.
>>
I'm running a session of Starcaller Quest right now! Today we're negotiating with an ambassador (pirate).
>>925160
>>925160
>>925160
>>
File: 1481223555760.jpg (197KB, 707x803px) Image search: [Google]
1481223555760.jpg
197KB, 707x803px
http://anonkun.com/stories/symbiote-quest-20/nLFhaigrSfd8Kdqfr/issue-9-spring-cleaning/6v87EiK6hETfyxwif

I'm live boiis
>>
File: EMQ Logo Silver.png (1007KB, 1600x867px) Image search: [Google]
EMQ Logo Silver.png
1007KB, 1600x867px
>>925969
>>925969

Eclipsed Moon Quest episode 142 is up and live.

How're all of you today, QTG, it's been a while. What is the general state of questing, quests, QMs, and players right now?
>>
Has there been a quest to match Predator Quest? I loved that one to a fault.
>>
Felt like starting up a quest

>>926761
>>926761
>>926761
>>
Would you say that having someone telling a second hand story to someone, and then having the story start a few years before the story's 'present day' and then flash forward to 'the present day' in the story's setting be too many framing devices?
>>
File: JokerQuest.png (349KB, 800x607px) Image search: [Google]
JokerQuest.png
349KB, 800x607px
A long shot, but does anyone here remember Joker Quest? It was a strange, high-tech blend of Accel World, Kamen Rider, Persona, and enough adjectives to make Lovecraft shed a tear of pride.

It was really cool, and OP has gone silent on twitter...just wondering if anyone else remembers this gem...
>>
>>927073
The guy that ran Joker Quest just did a podcast with some anonkun QMs.
>>
>>927073
I have this strange kind of abstract dislike for you. It's difficult to describe, but it's like when someone tries to wax poetically about their favorite anime from last season as if it were a pre-90s staple classic, or talk about this really great snack from their childhood that is both still popular and also their childhood was isn't over yet.

I'm not even sure if this is some kind of advanced meta trolling, or if you actually think that much time has passed.
>>
>>927106
>>927106

Really? Where is it, or what was said?

>>927111

Sorry you feel that way, man. I guess it just feels like a long time, and I read it at a critical place in my life a year or so ago and it meant a lot...but I guess that story's dime a dozen. Didn't mean to get off on the wrong foot, anon.
>>
>>927132
Trick is just shitposting. JokerQM has been radio silent for quite a while even though all rhat remains is the very last thread, the climax o the whole quest.
>>
>>927170
Haha, no worries. It's that last part that's the kicker, really; we were...hypothetically...one thread away from whatever conclusion awaited. I'd love to even have a summary of his thoughts on the story, the system he used to run it, or how he planned to end it...anything, really.
>>
>>927170
>>927195
>climax

What was it building to exactly? I mean from what I heard there was no way it was going to build to anything satisfactory.
>>
>>926765
Okay, I have to take my leave now but while i'm gone don't be afraid to cast your option for tomorrow's continuation.

>>926761
>>
The Raiders, an alternate tale of the Githyanki race, continues: >>927752

More naughty githyanki girls doing terrible things!
>>
>>907309
>Valen

Failing has never felt so much my fault, even when we succeed.
>>
>>927242
It was going to be satisfactory watching everyone pay for their mistakes. Like how hollow quest redux ended.
>>
Man, I really hate fanfiction quests where the main objective is to fix nouns to our ideals.
>>
>>928212
QM's premise:
>Hey, wanna have fun being a ninja/pirate/reaper/sidekick to Goku?
Expert!Anon:
>Here's the list of threats coming at us and the tasks we need to perform to prepare ourselves to save X/kill X/learn the X technique.
>Also we need to waifu this bitch and befriend this asshole so we have more buddies.
>>
>>928230
And these QMs usually wipe the personalities off of befriended /social linked/"fixed" people to where they may as well be OCs cosplaying as the characters they're named for.

Expert!Anons:
>We need to get Shonen Protagonist to be less of an idiot about this whole fighting thing because we obviously know a whole lot more about fighting enemies in life or death situations and are therefore smarter than the idiot savant.
>We need to get Villain-killed-off-in-canon on our side because that'd be awesome, let's brainwash him a whole bunch.
>We need to get Love Interest of the Protagonist as our waifu so our kids can learn GALE FORCE.
>>
File: 1456226510108.png (276KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1456226510108.png
276KB, 1366x768px
>>928212
>>928230
>>928241
You seem very angry over something that shouldn't be much of an issue. If you don't like fanfic quests, why do you play them?
>>
File: 1399469270818.gif (2MB, 512x580px) Image search: [Google]
1399469270818.gif
2MB, 512x580px
Good afternoon, /qst/. What's the haps?
>>
>>928486
I want more military sex bots!
>>
File: iOYf6uBjfPBf3.gif (3MB, 480x271px) Image search: [Google]
iOYf6uBjfPBf3.gif
3MB, 480x271px
>>928529
Please, anon. Contain yourself.
>>
>>927132
>Really? Where is it, or what was said?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H_yuzaFEbM

I want him to move to anonkun. The community is stronger there.
>>
>>928615

Eclipsed Moon Quest episode 142 resumes.
>>
File: >You didn't finish him.png (30KB, 444x445px) Image search: [Google]
>You didn't finish him.png
30KB, 444x445px
>>928536
That's clearly not him
>>
>>907309
Valen?
>>
>>928741
Valen Quest, currently on hiatus.
>>
>>928279
To have fun seeing what will happen differently rather than fretting over objectives.
>>
>>928533
Schteel, how do you find the time to run for five days straight?
>>
>>928764
From not having a social life or friends.

I think I explained that as early as when I started Questing.
>>
http://boards.4chan.org/qst/thread/920499#bottom

Back online
>>
I'm back and ready to continue
>>926761
>>926761
>>926761

Currently at a tie for the next action
>>
File: panzerhund.jpg (330KB, 2000x1126px) Image search: [Google]
panzerhund.jpg
330KB, 2000x1126px
Where Wolves Fear To Tread will be running in 45 minutes time!
>>

>>920523
>>920523
>>920523
>>
>>929647
>>929647
>>929647

You are an emissary with one sole task: to awaken the gods of above and below who fled to the dream of the great one.

After struggling with a Yuothl, the chained. You have finally ended it thanks to the collaborative efforts of Neathe, Folt's close friend Elmad and Histianne who have changed entirely after your last encounter with her. Your time of respite with her still lingers in both your memories.

Donathan has been avenged. The church is yours to plunder.
>>
>>929932
>>929932
>>929932

Relic Quest is now live.
>>
File: Happy Birthday Canuklefuck.jpg (403KB, 988x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Happy Birthday Canuklefuck.jpg
403KB, 988x1500px
http://anonkun.com/stories/symbiote-quest-20/nLFhaigrSfd8Kdqfr/issue-9-spring-cleaning/6v87EiK6hETfyxwif

Live now. Rewrote the scene where Eli examined the Robit and the Scene where Weasel told him about the Addresses
>>
Starcaller Quest is live right now!
>>930029
>>930029
>>930029
>>
>>928212
>>928230
>>928241
>all these checkboxes

I'm sure you love reading Shadows of Zeon Quest tonight.
>>
File: 9.1.png (2MB, 960x1416px) Image search: [Google]
9.1.png
2MB, 960x1416px
For those interested, an update in the Paladin of Avalon is up!
http://anonkun.com/stories/the-paladin-of-avalon/-JRvxJl3loGBg9Bo64XE/28-a-rising-shadow/8jBXrRko89FZoxwQd
>>
>>930168
What's that quest about?
>>
>>928241
Eh, I always go into them never thinking that everybody acts exactly the same as they should.

Which is also how I write them. They're clearly said character but there's either more to them or something that separates them from the original take.

Which is what I think these kinds of quest should be
>>
Does anyone ever feel nostalgic for quests that finished? It's not as bad as quests that got outright dropped but it's almost worse because you know it'd be wrong for them to be picked back up.

Snakecatcher
>>
>>930462
It's got everything mentioned that you hate.
>>
>>930553
Oh. Sarcasm doesn't translate well, but thanks for the warning.
>>
>>930509
Yeah dude that's the only quest I've ever been legitimately invested in. Good times. Hopefully Ouro gets motivated to QM again someday.
>>
I'm feeling self-conscious.

Someone review my quest.
>>
>>930728
3/10

It's shit.
>>
>>930728
Nah, it's shit
>>
>>928750
It's coming back soon! Riz said there'd be a return session this coming weekend.
>>
>>930728
You should review it yourself in the style of the great cosmic
>>
>>930755
That's just too much fart sniffing even for me.
>>
>>930462
Pedophilia

Wait that was the old SoZ.
>>
>>930509
Yup, but at the end of the day you're just glad it had a conclusive ending instead going on forever or being dropped which happens to too many quests.
>>
What's an enjoyable quest to read.

I'm bored and want to read something.
>>
>>931764
Chuckles' Pirate Quest full of incest, rape, and eskimo kisses with sharkgirls.
>>
>>931764
Nothing. Quests are shit.

Read some real literature. I recommend Lolita.
>>
>>931766
ugh no i hate that quest it sucks pick something else

In fact just write off anything you think I'd like made by Chuckles

His DBZ quest is retarded for making his main character a dyke.

His DC quest is retarded for making Robin bombarded with 500 tons of pussy at age 13.

And his pirate quest sucks primarily because of his retarded ass player base and secondly because just, i don't know, a lot of retarded bullshit happened/happens in that quest.
>>
>>931764
Kill Six Billion Demons is a neat quest, not really standard form, it's exclusive to a dozen players for the moment but if you read it very carefully you can play it too.
>>
>>931778
There's this one quest by Velo I think you'd enjoy!
>>
>>931781

Which one? I liked his shitty fucking westeros quest until he dropped it like a fag.
>>
>>931764
Have you read Kabbalah Quest?
>>
>>931784

Fuck that QM he keeps dropping it every thread to take hiatuses like six months in fucking length.
>>
>>931785
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=kabbalah+quest
This quest had like ten QMs or so.
>>
>>931788
>ten QMs

so its a meme?

yeah none of that then
>>
>>931791
I wrote some of it, do you really not want to read it?
>>
>>931792
I already said no you pestering faggot pick somthing else.
>>
>>931793
I don't have to pick something else, so I won't.
>>
>>931793
Try Lost Island.

I hear there is a threesome.
>>
File: Burger.png (3MB, 2126x1535px) Image search: [Google]
Burger.png
3MB, 2126x1535px
>>931798
Kabbalah Quest had a fivesome first thread.
>>
>>931798

>Its a Trick's friend from real life tries to be a faggot episode again
>>
File: 1469964942053.jpg (81KB, 436x413px) Image search: [Google]
1469964942053.jpg
81KB, 436x413px
>>931804
The fuck is a Nymeria?
>>
>>931793
Try Mecha Space Pirate, its very well written
>>
>>931809
I will actually.

Although I have to admit the fucking WORLD BUILDING of the Mortal Kombat quest is sorta appealing to me hard now that I've seen it in the catalog.
>>
Kabbalah Quest had world building out the wazoo.
>>
>>931811
MSPQ is an original setting and has a lot of lore and plenty more that we still have no idea about
>>
>>931821

But I don't know man.

You're only allowed six girlfriends? What fucking pleb tier shit is that.

Everyone knows it aint a real harem unless you get EIGHT girlfriends.

Like fuck outta my face with that nonsense.
>>
>>931764

Joker Quest.
>>
>>931829

uggggggggggggghhhhhhhh

Yeah, let me endure some writing so bad even Cosmic couldn't handle it.

Just so I can endure the fanwank bullshit of some homophobic retard from Asia or whatever.

Joker Quest? More like What a Joke Quest.
>>
>>931824
Technically its 6 and a fuck buddy, but Wong set a limit so each girl can have time for development
>>
>>931764
You should read Banished Quest. It's dead on hiatus right now but the QM promised to come back and run a thread or two over Christmas and he always keeps his word.

Always.
>>
>>931834
Shit what?

Oh fuck me six whole girlfriends AND a fuck buddy.

Just in case you find the six true loves of your life but still feel progressive and sexually liberated enough to still stray towards that hot bodied girl that you find irresistibly attractive but you couldn't possibly see giving 1/6th of your heart like the rest of your girlfriends.

>>931835
I tried to get into Banished. Honestly it was pretty good and I may end up reading it later down the line.
>>
https://youtu.be/x1LPwkXCCQU

kill trick
>>
File: 1462856567768.png (702KB, 663x535px) Image search: [Google]
1462856567768.png
702KB, 663x535px
>>931835
Cut that shit out, we don't need even more chucklefucks like him overloading the retardometer.
>>
>>931843
No fuck you, Banished is shit and Soma is a hack.

He's also never going to come back. If you're reading this, Soma, go fuck yourself.

>>931847
Found the nu-BQ player.
>>
>>931847
your group of players is so retarded my addition would probably raise the IQ by double digits you absolute fucktard.
>>
>>931831

Stay for the misery porn.
>>
>>931834
>and a fuck buddy,

That's retarded. Why not just make her another harem member? If you are going to do haremshit you might as well go all the way like Trick is implying through 8 layers of irony.
>>
>>931851
Fuck off, I was there since before people suddenly decided not to waifu Chryssa.
>>
>>931843
You'll see why we started fucking her
>>
>>931853
When are we going to fuck the sheep again?
>>
>>931776
This. Although I myself like historical non-fiction literature like An Army at Dawn.
>>
>>931858
I see the salt is still is as fresh as it was back then.
>>
>>931859
Because you're a bunch of retarded lazy horn dogs that fap to anime porn, I know.

>>931844
Y'know this video you're trying to imply I'm acting like would be a much more apt metaphor if I could actually research quests on the interbuttz.

I'm sort of stuck asking you chucklefucks for your opinions. And its not like you have anything better to do.
>>
>>931858
Exactly. You're nu-BQ.
>>
>>931868
Does the "Grab the Pussy" perk work on lions?
>>
>>931862
>>931871

What do you think you're trying to prove here?
>>
>>931875
Can we crossbreed a unicorn with snowflake's flock to produce a kind of unicorn that could produce wool?
>>
>>931857
Neither character wants the relationship to go any further
>>
Why haven't you run that quest you've been planning, QTG?
>>
>>931878

Well the fruit of that union would probably be sterile, like a mule.

I mean . . . uh, what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>931880
batin it
>>
>>931867
I'm only salty because we didn't stay at the water temple to waifu Ghada, or possibly that one statue of Pani. Goddamn, that was a fine statue. I wish it was small enough to fit in the cloak.

>>931875
That you like bestiality. Not even good, wholesome, anime bestiality, but the 3D pig disgusting kind watched by sexual deviants.

>>931880
Too busy shitposting in the QTG.
>>
>>931880
Because I'm not done with the other one yet
>>
>>931887

I don't like bestiality at all and you can't prove otherwise you fucking slanderous shitstick.
>>
>>931880
Glaciers write faster than me.
>>
>>931880
I'm not confident in my dialogue writing and my schedule is shit for running
>>
>>931886
>>931895
>>931896
You are personally responsible for /qst/ being shit.
You and the mods.
>>
The Raiders continues with girlfights and brutality.
>>931893
>>
>>931909
Yuri is degenerate
>>
>>931896
>I'm not confident in my dialogue writing

Guess how you get better

Your schedule being shit is unfortunate and can't be fixed but if you're not certain about your writing you can just change your trip when you're done.
>>
>>931899
Don't encourage people to run you ignoramus.

We need more players not more quests.
>>
>>931917
No, we need more QMs so the sort of garbage you run is drowned under a flood of quality quests.
>>
>>931922
that isnt how it works
>>
>>931927
Yes it is. Now fuck off and run a good quest or die.
>>
>>931928
Lost Island iss a good quest!
>>
>>931880
I'm still fixing up the mechanics and trying to figure out how to reconcile the role of the potential MC with the fact that some or even most of my readership will be unfamiliar with the setting.

Plus I gotta finish DLQ and I'm still stressing out about whether or not I'll do justice to the setting.
>>
>>931930
Which thread in the Westeros quest has the theater student getting dicked?
>>
>>931956
thread 4

here is the pastebin

http://pastebin.com/sc5ZsTwG

ACowboyNamedSue wrote this
>>
>>931960
Thanks Trick, you may be a rude sack of shit but you give the people what they want.

More bestiality in Mills plz.
>>
>>931962
>Trick did bestiality

Jesus, seriously? Was he that starved for attention?
>>
>>931930
No, it's shit.
>>
>>931997
I have never done bestiality ever in my entire career on /qst/ and /tg/

>>931998

No its good and if it isnt you have to prove it isnt through a consistent, extensive and multifaceted review of my quest!
>>
File: Camo'd up Cromwell V 2.jpg (84KB, 649x376px) Image search: [Google]
Camo'd up Cromwell V 2.jpg
84KB, 649x376px
New Tankies Quest thread is up, with a new daily format instead of the previous 'session' style.

>>932002
>>932002
>>
>>932006
Is this that quest where you play as a tank who gets off on girls working his insides and discharges when they trigger him right?
>>
>>932012
No, sorry anon, it's just a very light alt-historical WW2 Quest. If I wanted to run quests that lewd I'd do it on Akun, I'd probably get a lot more players that way too.
>>
Are we even allowed to do lewd quests in /qst/?
>>
>>932153
From what I remember:
>No lewd images
>You may have smut in a written quest bu you cannot do a smut quest
>>
>>932153
Strictly speaking, nobody knows. The mods have never actually clarified what the fucking rules are and they probably never will.
>>
>>932153
RapeApe is allergic to smut.

Especially maledom.
>>
File: 1464097786440.png (217KB, 661x468px) Image search: [Google]
1464097786440.png
217KB, 661x468px
From the rules:
>Erotic roleplay is not permitted. Frequent explicit descriptions of sexual encounters by a quest author may result in mod intervention.

However, also from the rules:
>This board is for author-driven collaborative storytelling (i.e. "quests"). All threads posted here should be part of a new or ongoing quest.
>All threads on this board should be created by the associated quest author. Please refrain from making meta-threads.

And yet, here we are, merrily frolicking in this hive of scum and villainy.
>>
>>932191
I remember Modern Satyr Quest too.
>>
>>932195
>>932180
>>932175
Lewd is effectively allowed because canning a smut quest means a mod would have to read and judge a quest on whether or not it counts or not.

And our mods don't read quests.
>>
>>931880
Because I don't want to make a Twitter, or any other off-site account for something that's on this site.
That, and people around here only seem to enjoy fanfiction/history quests.
>>
>>931834
So when do the male characters get developed?
>>
>>932476
All the time, the qm is really big on character development. We just spent our last heist getting closer to Zangief, Harlock, and the General from Avatar
>>
>>931914
And?

>>931948
>stressing out about whether or not I'll do justice to the setting.

Vox, the last thing in the world you need to worry about is doing justice to the setting. You would have to work hard not to.
>>
>>932600
Please tell me they aren't actually those characters and they are just using the same pictures.
>>
Running until the dota patch hits.

>>930356
>>930356
>>930356
>>
>>932619
Its just the pictures
>>
File: Hospitality.jpg (264KB, 612x396px) Image search: [Google]
Hospitality.jpg
264KB, 612x396px
>>932616
I, um. I meant the Changeling setting, not the DLQ one.
>>
Testing 1-2-3... I might run something in a little bit.
>>
>>932664
Believe me, you will do fine. I know of what I speak.
>>
>>932745
Do you have any halfway decent Fairest art on hand? The subject came up in the most recent thread and I don't have any for blood or money.
>>
File: e4a67e1bb6cb68195f7d2f83fa642366.jpg (651KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
e4a67e1bb6cb68195f7d2f83fa642366.jpg
651KB, 1500x1500px
>>932918
Official? No.

Unofficial? Well....
>>
>>932005
>a consistent, extensive and multifaceted review of my quest!
Review of Lost Island, a Quest by TrickQM:

It's shit.
0/10 - You tried.
>>
Evil Sorceress Quest #3 is live!

>>933080
>>933080
>>933080
>>
>>931880
I can't world build for shit
>>
>>933811
Try /tg/ if you're actually interested in worldbuilding and have at least a starting idea. /wbg/ specifically will be all to happy to provide you with the necessary tools and instructions. Also, criticism. Lots and lots of it.
>>
Kabbalah Quest had a lot of world building.
>>
>>933944
Kabbalah Quest was shit.

t. Kabbalah Quest QM
>>
>tfw House Malroy is never coming back
>tfw GoT quests are dead

I blame qst.
>>
>>934424
GoT is shit and so are/were quests based on it.
>>
>>934426
Not mine!
>>
>>934424
Meh, QM didn't care about his quest all that much if the migration stopped him.
>>
>>934462
Especially yours, you fucking hack.
>>
>>934672
No my quest was so great it broke the hearts of my readers when I returned to my one true love.
>>
>>934697
Your quest was shit and so is Lost Island.
>>
>>934912
prove it via a detailed review, sucker!
>>
>>934926
The fact that nobody even bothers should be telling you plenty.
>>
>>934480
I'm sure Diarca or Quest Drone are just waiting for this to be over, same with JokerOP.
>>
>>934943
>are just waiting for this to be over,

They are going to be waiting a long time then.
>>
>>934943
Its just a convenient excuse not to run. I get that QMing is time consuming but QMs are always giving obviously bullshit reasons for why they aren't running when really they just don't feel like it.
>>
>>934970
no....the ones who flake out don't bother giving bullshit excuses.
>>
>>934926
Details:
It's shit
It's bad
I hate it

Score:
0/10
>>
>>934967
Foreverially.

>>934970
I picked those names specifically because they're QMs for which that argument doesn't hold water.
Diarca is a Lich... Quest Drone is obsessed, and JokerOP is JokerOP.
>>
>>934943
Diarca lost interest in Totemist again (probably for good), I don't care about QD, JQOP is busy being a lawyer and has also likely lost a great deal of interest in Joker.
>>
>>935009
Sucks for those guys reading Joker. You guys are right at the end right?
>>
>>935015
One thread off from finally dying, yeah.
>>
>>935015
Yeah.
It is at least close enough to a conclusion that one could just make up how it ends, but it wouldn't be the same.
>>
Would you rather a quest have an abominably shitty ending or no ending at all

If the latter how shitty would the ending have to be for you to reconsider
>>
>>935067
Latter.

At least that way I can pretend the quest was good.
>>
>>935067
Finish what you start. If you MUST kill it, at least give it the dignity of an epilogue.
>>
>>935067
You know how people always remember the dead in a fonder light than many probably deserve?

A quest that dies abruptly is much more preferable (everyone wondering 'what could have been') than one that is embedded in everyone's memory as devolving into shit at its later stages. Of course, just abandoning quests like that will kill your QM-cred either way.
>>
>>935067
You're not fooling anyone, JQOP.
>>
Running for a few hours:

>>933808
>>933808
>>933808
>>
File: Superman JFK.jpg (169KB, 286x259px) Image search: [Google]
Superman JFK.jpg
169KB, 286x259px
>>936272

Statesmen Quest returns! Welcome back to the world of Superhero Politics!

>>915293

Also updating Mechagirl!
>>
File: 2250dc_5392518.jpg (279KB, 1244x847px) Image search: [Google]
2250dc_5392518.jpg
279KB, 1244x847px

If y'all care I opened up a vote for a side story/omake
>>
File: DvB.png (1MB, 1235x768px) Image search: [Google]
DvB.png
1MB, 1235x768px
I'm thinking of starting a DMC or Bayonetta (Lumen sage) quest. Which do you think would be best?
>>
>>936451
DMC, you ugly sack of shit
>>
>>936451
I'd say toss both of them in a blender and see what you get but if I had to choose, go Bayo.
>>
And Dungeon Life Quest is live aga

>>936577
>>936577
>>936577
>>936577
>>
Alchemical Blade Quest will be up in two hours!
>>
Made a poll
http://www.strawpoll.me/11870761
>>
>>936451
How would either quest work and who would we be?
>>
File: Dont forget to upvote.gif (790KB, 640x362px) Image search: [Google]
Dont forget to upvote.gif
790KB, 640x362px
>>920499
>>920499
>>920499
Conclusion of part 4 of Zatch bell quest
>>
File: Tegaki.png (71KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Tegaki.png
71KB, 400x400px
Come join the seventh (yes, seventh) Modern Necromancy Quest: Redux thread!
>>937044
>>937044
>>937044
Watch as our MC tortures a hapless old lady who only wanted to feed tourists to her zombie.
>>
Alchemical Blade Quest is now up and running! Do you enjoy cyberpunk, magic in said cyberpunk, espionage, conspiracies, and high octane action of slicing tanks apart with sharp pointy objects? Then you make like it!

>>937498

Know about Exalted? Then you may tangentially enjoy this as it's set within the Modern version of it!

I'm going to start on time one day I swear
>>
Are coin flips a fair way to determine the outcome if they're are only two options chosen? or is their a better way to handle ties with a low player count?
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>937659
It's that or waiting for a tie breaking vote.
>>
>>937659
Just call one of your players a samefag and then choose the option that you want to write the most.
>>
>>937805
As funny as that is, I can't bring myself to do such a thing.
>>
>>937805
Samefag

>>937699
Yeah you're right.
>>
Hey, do people here still do those quest reviews? I have a quest for review.
>>
>>939254
Get in line buster!
>>
>>939259
Can you do a review? How many threads is your limit?
>>
>>939288
My quest gets reviewed FIRST!

So dont even namedrop your quest you loser.
>>
>>939302
Can you do a review of something that's not Kabbalah Quest?
>>
>>939304
Sure what's the quest?
>>
>>939309
Secret Princess Quest.
>>
>>939310

Is that the Zelda quest?
>>
File: 1d2cKzV.jpg (139KB, 392x294px) Image search: [Google]
1d2cKzV.jpg
139KB, 392x294px
>>939315
Yeah.
>>
>>939322

I read like, the first thread of that.

It was pretty good from what I saw.

Here's my review.

"This quest, while good, ended up having a dyke MC. That makes it shit. 0/10"

or

"This quest, while good, didn't end up having a dyke MC. That makes it alright. 7/10"

I can't ass myself to check on whether that quest went yuri or not but there you go. There's your review.
>>
>>939254
>>939259
>>939288
>>939302
>>939304
>>939309
>>939310
>>939315
>>939322
>>939331
When are you going to kill yourselves?
>>
Can anybody point me to a quest with mechanics focused on strategic combat between naval units or at least land vehicles?
>>
>>939344
After you.
>>
>>939346
Kuat Collection Quest.
>>
>>939349
I read that. There are literally no mechanics at all.
>>
>>939344

You realize you're so autistic you should probably see yourself out of the gene pool right?

Drink

fucking

Bleach
>>
File: maintainance unnecessary.jpg (116KB, 850x735px) Image search: [Google]
maintainance unnecessary.jpg
116KB, 850x735px
>>939350
Because they run a tight ship.
>>
>>939353
No I think Bleach was a pretty shit manga, not surprised you'd recommend it. After reading your quest, I can tell you have no taste whatsoever.
>>
File: ba dum tss.gif (5MB, 600x333px) Image search: [Google]
ba dum tss.gif
5MB, 600x333px
>>939354
>>
>>939346
I run Tankies Quest which has no mechanics beyond player choice (ie, I don't get players to roll) because any system simple enough to be conducive to player rolling tends to be as likely to punish intelligent tactical choices almost as much as stupid ones. When random chance stuff has to be resolved or something nitty gritty could go either way, I use a hacked up wargaming ruleset on my own time to resolve them, but otherwise I base encounters' successes and failures at least in broad strokes off of players making the smart or stupid tactical choice over rolling high/low on a dice.

I also plan to wrap up tankies in a short while (it was intended to be a one-shot originally) and starting a naval focussed quest which I pitched here: >>919024 sounds like it might be up your street. It will use a similar system though, so if you're hellbent on rolling for things I can't help you.
>>
>>939331
You know, it's odd to me that after providing me with a rather thought-out and helpful review, you seem so hell bent on the idea that seeking input and advice from your fellow QMs is bad. What happened, man?
>>
>>939383
Stop sucking his dick
>>
>>939384
You vastly underestimate the honesty of my question.

You also vastly overestimate my ability to not suck dick.
>>
Quest reviews should seduce me.
>>
>>939387
Stop sucking his fucking dick
>>
>>939383
I'm just memeing man.

ITS JUST A PRANK BRO.

I am le not being le serious. *le not serious face*

LIKE CAN'T YOU PIERCE MY FIVE LAYERS OF IRONY TO SEE THAT THE ONLY WAY I CAN EFFECTIVELY COMMUNICATE AND ENJOY MYSELF IS TO HIDE ALL MY TRUE OPINIONS UNDER A LITERAL AVALANCHE OF SARCASTIC DRIVEL!?!?!?!

I'm mad exhausted duuuuuude. I'm like, high on sleep deprivation so I'm saying silly stuff man. HAHAHAHAH XD xD. Like y'know, FAGGOT, hahahaha, HAHAHAHA I JUST SAID FAGGOT, LOL! Its hilarious when you're high dude. On sleep deprivation, mind you. I don't do no fucking devil's weed or whatever.

WHY DO YOU HAVE TO TAKE EVERYTHING SO SERIOUSLY?!?!? GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD! ITS THE I N T E R N E T! EVERYTHING ON THE INTERNET IS UNIMPORTANT AND IS SUPPOSED TO BE DETACHED FROM THE COMMON RULES OF DECENCY AND IF YOU ASCRIBE ANY SORT OF GENUINE HUMAN EMOTIVE ATTACHMENTS SIMILAR TO HOW WE BEHAVE IN THE REAL WORLD YOU ARE DOING! IT! WRONG!

. . .

ESPECIALLY ON 4CHAN!

This is /my/ super sekrit speschul club. And on it we play by /my/ understanding of the rules of etiquette which is LOADS AND LOADS AND LOADS AND LOADS AND LOADS OF SARCASTIC SHITPOSTING WITH NO END IN SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!

Look I need attention and I need to be funny and I need to do that by being edgy because being edgy and notorious is what gets you fan girls, alright? This is my path to getting laid, ok Vox? Why are you trying to cock block me with your assertions of things like:

"Why are you genuinely making the atmosphere of this online social imageboard toxic?"

Like come on man you're being RIDICULOUS!

Step back from the computer old man normie reddit fag normie reddit loser normie fag fag reddit.

The memlords rule here! And like Ash Ketchum I'm trying to be the very best one.

So back the fuck off!?!?
>>
>>939381
So how would you decide what happens to two warships blasting each other on the battle line? How do you decide what parts get blown up, which part of the armor belt gets shot through, whether or not the bridge gets pulverized? Do you just base it on what would seem to be most convenient/most fun at the moment?
>>
>>939395
woah man that wasn't a shitpost I swear!
>>
>>939394
>LITERAL
>not actually literal
this was the worst part of your post
>>
>>939397
> "Do you just base it on what would seem to be most convenient/most fun at the moment?"
There is a bit of that, mainly because I believe Questing is ultimately better for exploring narratives than tactical engagements, I wargame for that. That said, I do plan on using some mechanics of one of the simpler Naval Wargames around (probably Naval Action or Victory at Sea) for some of that kind of resolution, to keep things feeling a bit more variable if I don't have a particular thing in mind as a consequence for a given choice.
>>
File: aoe2_taunt_eight.png (49KB, 484x898px) Image search: [Google]
aoe2_taunt_eight.png
49KB, 484x898px
I might paint a picture of a clown.
>>
>>939450
Thank you. You are a true artist.
>>
Running for another couple of hours:
>>937954
>>937954
>>937954
>>
>>939836
yes
>>
>>939450
Perfect.
>>
File: Life.jpg (78KB, 540x433px) Image search: [Google]
Life.jpg
78KB, 540x433px
>>939310
I read Secret Princess Quest.

Personally, I love the lore of the world and the descriptions and you do a nice job of incorporating a lot of the game while also being interesting enough to stand on its own.

There are times when different character's voices will blend together a bit, sounding just a little TOO similar to one another (this was also a problem in DB Tuffle Quest in the beginning) but characterization outside of dialogue (actions, expressions, clothing, even the pictures used to represent a character) is actually so good that it doesn't take me out of the story all that much.

As for the romance stuff, DB Tuffle quest is legit the best romance I've read in a quest and that gives me high expectations for Secret Princess Quest but I'd say everything seems to be progressing at a smooth and natural feeling pace.

Over all, Secret Princess Quest is a cool concept with a rich world that is well-written in terms of description and action but could use a bit of work in making dialogue more character centric.
>>
File: HoldingHands.gif (2MB, 448x300px) Image search: [Google]
HoldingHands.gif
2MB, 448x300px
>>939394
Do you need help? Should we call an ambulance? Maybe just make some tea and have a good cry?
>>
>>939952
>have a good cry?

You already seem to be doing that, friendo.

>Bumly

How relevant a name to your relative level of asshurt, faggo.
>>
>>939966
You're like a little homeless puppy that bites everything trying to feed you and I'm not sure if it's adorable or sad. I think it's both.

And I'm also bi so my level of asshurt is like half of what people assume.
>>
>>939977

Nice blog post, loser.
>>
File: gangsta.jpg (60KB, 262x262px) Image search: [Google]
gangsta.jpg
60KB, 262x262px
>>939982
thx
>>
File: 2014606-acclamator_ft.jpg (90KB, 600x272px) Image search: [Google]
2014606-acclamator_ft.jpg
90KB, 600x272px
>>940073

Kuat Colle.
>>
>>939947
I can't tell why Tuffle Quest should exist, like why the MC's story needed to be told. It seems as almost as unnecessary as a self-insert fic. The good guys won in canon, so why add another good guy?
>>
>>940197

So what you are saying is add a bad guy instead?
Intredasting
>>
>>940210
Or take away a good guy, like Secret Princess did with Link.
>>
>>940215
Eh that just makes Secret Princess new Link or Tuffle girl new Goku. Play Vegeta. Kill Goku.
>>
File: Zero8.jpg (209KB, 632x800px) Image search: [Google]
Zero8.jpg
209KB, 632x800px
>>931880
I have the notes, I know what I want to do, but overcoming that hurdle of writing that first paragraph is nigh insurmountable. Writer's block is the norm, rather than a phase. Add in I feel rather insecure about my writing to begin with (even knowing it's good), and react badly towards negative critique and you have an undoubtedly shitty wombo-combo to deal with.

I've been bouncing around ideas in QTG for going on three years, and have never ran a single one of them. I've got pages and handwritten notes on dozens of different quests and yet they just sit here, stagnating.

There are many amongst us who know that struggle, but it doesn't make it any easier.
>>
>>940224
You do have a point there.
>>
>>940197
A lot of fanfiction quests boil down to self-inserts. The main reason I enjoyed the quest was because I had read another dragonball quest that had been all about power levels and charging up and hadn't had any of the mystical nature or the martial arts aspects that really made the original dragon ball great to me and Tuffle Quest gave that to me in droves

As for WHY the MC's story needed to be told, I can't really say other than for entertainment. The MC adds an element of interactivity with the character interaction and considering the players could have easily chosen to try to kill Goku like their original mission intended, or just fuck off back to space because they could, it seems like helping out the Z-warriors was, in fact, what a majority of players wanted.

It's not nearly as much of a figurative jerk-off as Eail's was or a literal jerk-off like Chuckles and it wasn't constantly railroaded with boring lifeless characters like Somnius's was.

I suppose you could just read NONE of the dragonball quests, but I felt like reading and taking part in one and Tuffle Quest happened to be the best written, IMO.
>>
File: 2Cool4School.jpg (9KB, 315x160px) Image search: [Google]
2Cool4School.jpg
9KB, 315x160px
>>940235
>nearly as much of a figurative jerk-off as Eail's was or a literal jerk-off like Chuckles

Nice!
>>
File: Android_16.png (903KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Android_16.png
903KB, 640x480px
>>940235
>the players could have easily chosen to try to kill Goku like their original mission intended
We could have had it all...
>>
>>940235
I think you are forgetting one. The best one.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/39797962/
>>
>>940235
Man, Eail is bad at QMing, he returned to do his Star Wars quest, and in the middle of the thread he started complaining about life shit and expected people to pep him up and circlejerk him.
>>
>>940256
The worst part is that Eail isn't even that bad a writer, he's just a pretty shit QM.
>>940250
I don't think it's fair to compare everything to perfection.
>>
>>940256
Am I using "circlejerk" correctly in that sentence?
>>
>>940256
Dude has issues. Don't we all though.

>>940264
I'd say he wanted a hugbox as opposed to a circlejerk but they are pretty similar.
>>
>>940270
Yes, yes, that's the term, thank you.
>>
>>940235
>the players could have easily chosen to try to kill Goku like their original mission intended
Wait a second, we chose to shoot him in the head the first time we saw him. It was timely intervention from our brother the most EXTRANEOUS character that we didn't end up fighting him. Why are there so many new actors on the side of good in that quest when they're not needed?
>>
>>940279
I mean, this is dragonball where you can erase every single character except for Goku and Vegeta and MAYBE Gohan and everything still works out fine.
>>
>>940283
But not only are there all these new people that don't matter, it seems like they were placed in the quest specifically to corral us into being good. Like, for the first few threads our twin brother is the Zelda Fairy who tells us where to go and what to do (often saying "No" to us when we suggest something), and then we have our old ghost of a Tuffle Instructor who tells us the bad guy is bad (She just went and borrowed a character from FMA for this one), and then a Buddhist Monk comes and tell us how we can unlock a set of mystical powers so long as we maintain a goody two shoes demeanor.
>>
Alchemical Blade Quest has recommenced!

>>937498
>>
Say, whatever happened to the guy that was doing that Star Wars CIS quest?
>>
>>941164
ded
>>
File: AniBanani.png (248KB, 662x504px) Image search: [Google]
AniBanani.png
248KB, 662x504px
>>941164
Wait, Galaxy in Chains? I'm pretty sure that's still going. If it's something else, probably dead.
>>
How long has akun been down for?
>>
>>942269
bout an hour

Thanks kas
>>
New thread soon?
>>
>>942269
Anonkun doesn't make money, so it has to run on a toaster, which does occasionally die.
>>
>>942303
I know, I was just curious whether I was going to be able to run or not. It's back up now, btw.
>>
File: 1471218517808.jpg (779KB, 1200x903px) Image search: [Google]
1471218517808.jpg
779KB, 1200x903px
A new episode of Starcaller Quest just went up! Today we're having a little flashback to less unfortunate times!
>>942502
>>942502
>>942502
>>
File: 1453726878211.jpg (778KB, 1920x1116px) Image search: [Google]
1453726878211.jpg
778KB, 1920x1116px
KuatColle is alive and well.

>>942521
Thread posts: 673
Thread images: 98

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.