[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Old One Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 2

File: fang-xinyu-space-monster.jpg (1MB, 1920x1745px) Image search: [Google]
fang-xinyu-space-monster.jpg
1MB, 1920x1745px
You’ve awoken. When you try to open your eyes you’re blinded by a strange sensation that you’ve never encountered before. The word “light” comes to mind, and it takes you a while to focus on the source. Below you, a world, reflecting this light from a ball of burning gas a few inches away, hovers. In an instant the voices of billions of souls flood your mind and overpowers your senses. This is too much to deal with after you just woke up. You brush your hand over this world and it disappear- wait. It’s still there? It should be gone! Even the gas ball refuses to die out. You focus once more and realize that these things exist in a different dimension separated from your plane of existence. This is most unsettling, how much did things change while you slept?

Slowly you learn to listen to a few voices at a time, easing your suffering. You hear their inner thoughts, heart’s desires, dreams and fears. Yet you also hear something strange. “Prayer” is what they call it. When they pray their voices carry small ringing tone to it and it feels… strange. There seem to be a few entities to which these creatures pray and their words carry power to these beings. Most interesting. What would happen if you intercepted some of these “Prayers”? Hoping to find answers, you decide to give it a try.

You listen for a while, trying to find a prayer powerful enough that you can manipulate. After a bit of searching, a few reach you that seem to be noteworthy however you can choose only one to focus on. You’re power is not what it was and until you recover you will have to make the best out of your choice.

A) A man who’s heart is as dark as the space you float in. He has no compassion, no empathy, all he cares for is power and wealth. His spirit is not the strongest, but he seems to already hold a position of power and is somewhat influential. Perhaps his voice can be yours.

B) Somewhere a woman cries. It seems to be a simple story. A romance gone wrong, the lover abandoned her and now she is hurting. What makes her interesting is that she carries a child. The woman’s spirit is weak, but the child is powerful. If given time, he could be promising.

C) Strange. One of them is a young child, but her voice is not innocent like the others. It is pure rage, hate and sadness. Abuse and injustice have twisted her. Her youthful spirit burns bright regardless but her emotions are wild and unpredictable. Who knows what she will accomplish.

The time has come to decide. Which one will you choose to guide?
>>
>>901773
>B) Somewhere a woman cries. It seems to be a simple story. A romance gone wrong, the lover abandoned her and now she is hurting. What makes her interesting is that she carries a child. The woman’s spirit is weak, but the child is powerful. If given time, he could be promising.
>>
>>901773
B) Somewhere a woman cries. It seems to be a simple story. A romance gone wrong, the lover abandoned her and now she is hurting. What makes her interesting is that she carries a child. The woman’s spirit is weak, but the child is powerful. If given time, he could be promising.
>>
>>901773

Not really sure, but atleast this one we can shape as we wish for...if we managed to keep the child alive.
>>
You disregard the prayers of the others and focus on the woman who is carrying a bright future within her.

You travel to her, taking great care in not to strike fear in the fragile little thing. These creatures seem easily scared, and in her condition she seems even more so.

You listen for a little while. Her heart bleeds. No longer with love but for justice. She fears for the child. She is poor, and cannot provide for it alone, how will she cope? How will she raise this child alone? Her prayer is one seeking justice.

Since you exist on a different plane you realize she can not see you, but you might be able to communicate with her through spirit. You prepare to speak to the woman, what do you say?
>>
>>901810
We will make our way into her soul slowly and gently. We will be quiet, nothing more than a whisper. We will bring light into the heart.
We will be Hope.
"Everything will become right."
>>
>>901810
"You are not alone anymore, there will be justice."
>>
>>901828

You creep forward gently and stretch out what passes for an arm. You reach out and slowly touch her soul in order to create a connection.

For a moment, her face twists into a strange expression. Did she feel you? Can she see you!? Suddenly the woman sneezes in your direction. You take a breath moment to appreciate the barrier that separates the two of you.

You project a feeling into her of calmness, hope. You see her face light up ever so slightly and whisper

> Everything will become right.

The woman seems surprised, not sure of what she just heard. Sluggishly she asks:
"I-Is that you, mighty Zues?"

You're not sure who this Zues character is. Perhaps a being similar to you? You ponder the best course of action.

You could correct her, revealing your true name, whatever it may be, and revealing what you are.

You're not sure how she would react to knowing the truth however, perhaps crafting a lie of sorts would be better?

A) Tell her the truth?
B) create a lie

Feel free to craft the tale you spin her.

Note: I'll usually wait 5-10 minutes or until 3 people have replied before continuing.
>>
>>901844
>A) Tell her the truth
Justice stands in the truth.
>>
>>901844
"I am that which answered your prayers."
>>
>>901844
>A) Tell her the truth?
An name is enough for her, I doubt she would know about us anyway...and she can learn or not learn the rest later.

>"I am that which answered your prayers."
>>
>>901852
>>901857

You give a slight, soft laugh and answer:

> No my child, I am that which answered your prayers.

The women shows concern but slowly seems to relax a little bit. Eventually she speaks "Very well, I have not heard from Zues in months. Perhaps he has abandoned me. If that is so, then please, I beg you! Deliver me justice!"

> Of course, what is it that you ask of me?

"The man who I thought was the other half of my soul, the man who promised me the heaven and the stars threw me out like garbage after I told him of our child. He refuses to believe that it is his, and what's worse is that he comes from a family of power. Someone in my position can never hope to touch him!"

A tear rolls down her face when her face suddenly turns dark.

"I want you to smite him!"

You consider it. You could smite the man dead where he stands, but that would cost you some of your power.

You have 3 power.

A) Smite the man for 1 power
B) Calm her and suggest another way.
>>
>>901882
B) Calm her and suggest another way.
"Vengeance is taken, not given. I will aid you and your child but not carry your burden for you."
>>
>>901882
>B) Calm her and suggest another way.
I'm all for a good ol' smiting but it shouldn't be the first option.
>>
>>901882
B) Calm her and suggest another way
"The man has not ended your life, he does not deserve for his to be ended.
He has crushed your heart, he deserves his to be shattered."
>>
>>901894
>>901919

Support
>>
> Vengeance is taken, not given. I will aid you and your child but not carry your burden for you.
>The man has not ended your life, he does not deserve for his to be ended. He has crushed your heart, he deserves his to be shattered.

Anger contorts her face "How!? How can we crush something he doesn't have!". She almost starts crying when suddenly she stares blankly into the distance "His heart. I've seen him spend time with a high priestess of Hera. Juno, I think her name was. But she is loved by the gods! How could we possibly get close to her?"

> We will think of a way my child. Now tell me, what do you have that we can use?

" I have little. But I have friendly relations with everyone in town, and the mayor is a close friend. Perhaps he could help?"

You consider your options.

A) Try to persuade the mayor to assist you.
B) Try and think of another way
>>
>>901919
Seconding this.
>>
>>901947
A) Persuade the Mayor to assist
>>
>>901947
>A) Try to persuade the mayor to assist you.
>>
>>901947
A) Try to persuade the mayor to assist you.
Why not
>>
>>901947
>B) Try and think of another way
>>
> This Mayor, is he a powerful man?

"Quite! Though even he can't touch that bastard Alexander. A sweet old man, but he can be too serious at times, and always has to make the hard choices. The town is split between supporters and non-supporters."

> It matters not, the voice of a man in power is all we will need to start. If this man is as powerful as you and has support of ones loved by these gods you speak of then I will need to regain my strength. What are the beliefs of the people in this town?

"They all worship the Olympians, though there are some who have been trying to spread the Nordic religion around here with little success. But that's mainly due to hate still lingering from the war. Recent times have been rough, and some like myself have started looking to others for help."

> Then we will start with the Mayor and have him help us spread our influence. Once the people listen to your plead, then people will start taking note.

"Alright but... You said you need to regain your power? What do you mean by that? And how do you do it?"

That's a good question. You have multiple different ways you could regain it, but which one will you choose?

A) Sacrifice = 1 power for 100 souls, though it is the fastest it is often looked down on.
B) Worship = 1 power per 500 followers per month. It is the slowest but most reliable.
C) Warfare = 1 power for every 250 souls slain in your name. Could be tough to pull off.
D) Pick 2, each one doubling its requirements to fulfill but giving you more options.
>>
>>902017
>A) Sacrifice = 1 power for 100 souls, though it is the fastest it is often looked down on.
>>
>>902017
>B) Worship = 1 power per 500 followers per month. It is the slowest but most reliable.
>>
>>902017
B) Worship = 1 power per 500 followers per month. It is the slowest but most reliable.
This is the most sustainable
>>
>>902017
>B) Worship = 1 power per 500 followers per month. It is the slowest but most reliable.
Will we be able to change this thing in the future?
>>
>>902017
D) Sacrifice and Worship
>>
>>902017
Slow and steady.
>>
>>902045
Yes. Once you've grown a little, you'll be able to expand your power and thus change the style you are worshiped.

> Worship. Much like you, I must use the prayers of unfortunate souls who have been wronged. Once we have sufficient numbers, I can help you claim your justice, along with the others who call to absent Gods.

"I see, I am most relieved. For a minute I fear that it would have been as something as barbaric as those terrifying Aztecs. Convincing the people will take time though, but definitely starting with the mayor is a good plan."

> Very well. Lead me to him and I will begin my work.

"Why can't you just go yourself?"

You're rather taken aback by how fast she seems to have gotten used to you. almost talking to you as a friend and forgetting that you are an omnipotent being. Or were at one point at least.

> My voice is alien to your people. I am not one of your gods, and I do not understand your ways. You will be my voice, and spread hope to this land just as I give it to you in abundance. They will need someone who has suffered as they have to relate to.

"One last question.... Why did you choose me? There is an entire world out there. I'm sure there are other prayers like mine. So why me?"

A) Tell her the truth, that she carries a powerful child for which you have plans
B) Tell her it is because you love her as a child and wish to do her well
C) Tell her that you have your reasons and that she should not question you.
D) Other: Tell her something you think she'd want to hear.
>>
>>902084
>B) Tell her it is because you love her as a child and wish to do her well

We should xare about our followers a bit.
>>
>>902084
>B) Tell her it is because you love her as a child and wish to do her well
We can tell her about the baby's future later.
>>
>>902084
>D) Other
"Because you are the seed from which i will grow roots and expand into this world."
>>
>>902084
>A) Tell her the truth, that she carries a powerful child for which you have plans
>>
>>902100
>>902107
I like this. Switching.
>>
>>902084
>Tell her it is because you love her as a child and wish to do her well
>>
>D) Other
"Because you are the seed from which i will grow roots and expand into this world."
>>
> Because you are the seed from which i will grow roots and expand into this world

She looks up at you, although she does not know it.

"I don't know what to say... here I was thinking I would just have my prayer answered, but after hearing that..."

She pauses for a bit. A large smile spreads across her face "I'm so happy!"

For a moment you feel a sudden surge of emotion. "Happiness", that's a new one. The link between the two of you grew stronger than you thought it would in these brief moments, especially if emotion can be transmitted. It must be an unexpected side effect of the child's own power.

> Now get some rest my child. It is late, we will start first thing in the morning.

"Yes!" She exclaims, barely able to maintain her excitement. "Oh, I'm sure you already know this, but my name is Eve. Just felt like I had to properly introduce myself. Goodnight!"

> Goodnight, Eve.
Alright guys, got a busy day tomorrow so I think this is where I need to call it quits.

Before I go, I'd like to get some feedback. This is my first quest so what pointers can you guys give me? Enjoying the story so far?
>>
>>902150
Thank you for running.
>>
>>902159
No problem, and thank you and everyone else for playing!
>>
>>902150
Thanks for running.
So far it seems interesting.
Hopefully the child makes a good champion for our cause
>>
>>902150
It's promising, i enjoyed playing.
Honestly, i expected the Old One to be more inhuman and monstrous, but i like it this way too.
>>
>>902176
Glad you think so. I was hoping to keep going for a while longer but plans changed a little.

The kid is going to worth the wait and trouble, for sure. Eve is about 5 months in, so it won't take long before he's out in the world. Ill let you guys decide how to raise him as time goes on though.
>>
>>902195
I have to say, I was expecting it to go the traditional lovecraftian route, very surprised he's turning out to be so gentle. Still, plenty of time for you guys to change your style!
>>
>>902210
Also, any ideas on when you're going to run next?
>>
>>902222
That's a good question. I'll probably run another one Wednesday or Thursday night. Say around 7-8 PM. I follow the UTC + 2 Time zone.
>>
>>902240
I am unsure what time period this is taking place in, and it's on quasi not earth right?
>>
>>902279
The time period I'm still sorting out a little but but it takes place in the 20th or 21'st century.

It is on earth, but in an alternate history where Christianity never existed, allowing the old pantheons to grow in faith.

So far the world includes the following pantheons: Egyptian, Norse, Greek and Aztec religions.

Eve lives on a small island called England.
>>
>>902323
Do the formarians exist? Or are they known/believed in?
>>
>>902508
I'm sorry but I'm not too familiar with Formarians. Did you mean Fomorians? If that's the case then they are widely regarded as fairy tales.
>>
>>902150
Interesting story so far OP. Consider getting a twitter for the game so people know when you are playing ahead of time.
>>
File: EveBestGirl.jpg (159KB, 713x1121px) Image search: [Google]
EveBestGirl.jpg
159KB, 713x1121px
Well I was not expecting the thread to be still be here.

I'll be continuing shortly. Feel free to announce
that you're here if you feel like joining in

>>906774
Thanks! I've been thinking about that myself lately. I'll try and get one rolling while this time.

Some Trivia for now:
The world is set in the late 1800's. Eve lives in Folkestone, a port town in the fart east of England.
>>
>>915396
Aye
>>
>>915396
Alright, I've got a twitter going. Just follow OldOneQuest @GotAnymoreNames. https://twitter.com/GotAnymoreNames Here be a link.

>>915431
Welcome, I'll wait another 5 minutes for anyone else then Keep going.
>>
Eve sleeps peacefully throughout the night. Without really needing sleep yourself you simply continue to observe the world around you, trying to understand it's seemingly chaotic laws that are as alien to you as you are to them. You're perplexed at how anything is capable of functioning in this "solid" world.

Eve makes a strange noise in her sleep, like a giggle and is still grinning from ear to ear from what you told her. You look out of the window at the side of her bed and gaze at the lights above you. You watch as the stars move across the heavens. Before you know it, that accursed ball of light that blinded you when you first woke up Returns. You make a note that when you reclaim your power, that thing will be the first to go.

"Good morning!" Eve shouts from your side. She still can't see you however, just believes that you're there.

>Good morning. I believe you're well rested for today?

"Yes! just give me a few minutes to get ready and I'll start making my way to Town Hall so we can speak to the mayor."

You can use this time to ask her some questions if you'd like.

- Write a question you'd like to ask.
- Don't ask her anything and just wait for her to finish.
>>
>>915464
>What do you know about this world?
>>
>>915474
"Not much I'm afraid. I was born and raised in this town and I've never truly been anywhere else.

I know about the God's however, since I've been going to the temple since I was a little girl. Zeus, Poseidon, and the rest of the Olympians are largely worshiped here in England as well as most of central Europe.

There was a war against between the Greek and Nordic religions that ended 10 years ago. IT was a tragic war, and even though there is peace our people still don't get along.

I've heard of some terrible rumors that a race of primitives are fighting against the colonies in America. They worship horrible gods and demand human sacrifice. I hope they get dealt with soon."

- Ask another question?
- Wait for her to finish?
>>
>>915486
>Wait for her to finish?
Doubt she will know about politics or much outside of England.
>>
>>915490
Sadly not, she's just a sweet woman who's never had much other than her heart and her looks going for her. Not to say she's not smart, she just never had an interest in those things.

“Ok, I’m ready! Let’s go!”

Eve exits her apartment which is on the second floor of the building. She awkwardly waddles down the stairs, leaning against the railings as she does so. You realize slightly how awkward it must be to have another life growing inside you and how fragile she must be. She'll most likely require great care.

Eventually she makes it into the street, sticking to the sidewalk while heading deeper into the town. She greets everyone she passes with a smile and they respond in kind. Looks like she really does get along with everyone.

Suddenly a group of children appear, running towards your direction. They look rough, dirty and some even look beaten but one things for certain, they are rushing for Eve.

you have 3 power

A) Spend 1 power point to scare the kids. Explain how you do it.
B) Let them approach Eve.
>>
>>915508
>B) Let them approach Eve.
>>
You decide to let them get a little bit closer. The kids don't seem to be slowing down, in fact, they almost seem to be speeding up. You prepare for a worst case scenario, building up a small amount of energy. They get closer.... closer.... closer. You're almost at your limit when you hear Eve shout: "Hi kids!"

"Hi Miss Eve!" the kids yell all at once.

They grind to a sudden halt, stopping a mere inch from the very pregnant woman. The nerve, to act so reckless! Didn't their parents teach them any manners!?

"It's so good to see you all again, you look like you've been eating recently at least! Have the members of the church been taking good care of you guys?"

"No!" Yells one one of the smaller ones. "They're all so grumpy and strict and none of them have smiles, like yours!". "Yeah! And all their food stinks! When are you going back!?" Another one is quick to add.

"Oh, well, I've been occupied a little bit, children, so I don't know when I'll be going back. But if you want, I'll come and play with you guys again a little later, ok?"

Eve continues to make small talk with the children for a little while before she excuses herself and they run off.

"Those kids are orphans." She says, talking into thin air. "I volunteered at the Temple every week to help make food for them. Nobody seems to really care for them, though"

You regret saying the thing about their parents. Or you would, if you could at least.

(Continuing)
>>
Eventually you reach the Town Hall. It's a pretty large building, centrally located to signify its importance.

Eve enters the lobby and approaches a woman sitting behind a desk.

The woman's face turns into a sour expression. "Oh. It's you. Here to waste the Mayors time again, I see?"

"Can it. I'm here to talk to him, not you Jessica."

The woman looks asif she's about to start yelling at Eve when suddenly a voice echos down the hall.

"Eve? is that you!? It's been a while! How have you been?"

"Mayor Tomas!" Eve walks up to him and they exchange greetings before eventually heading into his office.

Tomas "Visits from you are rare these days. I'm glad to see you finally left the apartment! What brings you here today?"

Eve: "Well, there's something I want to discuss with you but I'm not too sure how to put it..."

A) Let Eve tell her story, explaining what you are and what you said.
B) interrupt Eve, tell her what to say instead.
>>
>>915561
>A) Let Eve tell her story, explaining what you are and what you said.
Interrupt if the Mayor seem to not believe her.
>>
Eve tells her story, of how you answered her prayer and how you’ve come to ask for his help.

Tomas: “So let me get this straight. Something answered your prayer, and you just willingly followed it? Here? Where I’m supposed to have the answer?”

Eve: “I know how it sounds, but I promise you that he’s a good and just god! I can feel it.”

Tomas:” Look… Eve, I know things have been rough lately. With Alexander and all but you can’t just worship anything that comes around. I mean, Zeus and the rest of his group barely help us and you expect me to believe some “voice” is supposed to be our new salvation?

Eve: “I know you’ve had problems with the gods ever since they took my Father away –“

Tomas: “You mean they STOLE him away, my best friend. That man was a great man. He deserved so much better, as do you.

Eve: “… Even so, this one is different. I promise you, just open yourself a little bit and He’ll show you.

Tomas looks a little uncertain about the situation. Sensing his hesitation, you stand ready to interrupt Eve's next sentence, preparing to speak through her instead.

Roll a 1d00 to see if Eve managed to convince the Mayor to give you a chance.
>>
Rolled 93 (1d100)

>>915587
>>
>>915597
God damn power just went out. Won't be back up for another two hours. Fuck.

Sorry man, you're roll was great btw, he's totally on your side now. I'll continue the quest on another day.

Thanks for playing though! If you wanna talk a bit, I'll be hanging around for a while.
>>
>>915621
See you later. Hope your power comes back.
>>
>>915622

Will be asleep when it does so can't keep the game goin. I'll continue it on monday though.

If anyone's interested, i posted the details for the twitter account a bit earlier. Feel free to follow me there and I'll let you guys know when I'm kicking it off again, like I should have done in the first damn place.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.