[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Harvest Moon Quest Sunnyvale, Chapter 7

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 20

File: HMSQ OP1.png (2MB, 1534x1104px) Image search: [Google]
HMSQ OP1.png
2MB, 1534x1104px
>LAST TIME: You and Jamie find a mysterious performance stage in the middle of the dungeon!

>Criticisms, cheers, complaints, ideas, and ramblings are always welcome; otherwise, let’s have fun!
>Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Sunnyvale
>QM Twitter: https://twitter.com/mayor_qm
>Information Doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/19HRkBJ6pM5vTkP6extSSrP7dXtVkBm6WLSIEIl3VApM/edit?usp=sharing

[As usual, the last thread has been finally archived. Every vote good or bad is appreciated, blah blah blah. Let’s Quest!]

>>>>>

Your name is Jacky Richmond and you are on the third floor of the Cavernous Mines, the dungeon embedded in the mountain just outside of the town of Sunnyvale. You came in with full intentions to reach at least the fifth floor of the mines today before marking your progress with a blink tablet and leaving for the surface.

You are armed, determined, dangerous and accompanied by the fierce Jamie Nguyen, your eye-patch-wearing Vietnamese friend.

She is tense, surprisingly so, and you find yourself slightly worried about her state of mind. You offered to hear her out about what is troubling her and Jamie, to her credit, thanked you and said that she may take you up on your offer shortly. The two of you agreed that you should finish this room first, at least.

Speaking of the room, a stage and amphitheatre sit silent and foreboding before the two of you in the large and empty cavern. The exit and entrance doors are plainly evident to the North and South, respectively. Otherwise, a pale and otherworldly series of lights shine down, emitted by the luminous cavern fungi scattered about on the ceiling and far wall. You approach the stage with trepidation in your heart and your sword in your hand. Jamie waits near the top of the shallow stairway that leads down into the heart of the amphitheatre and watches as you descend.

You reach the stage and climb onto its polished stone surface so that you might stand in the center spotlight and cast your eyes about for any sign of life or danger. You find nothing, and that is both a relief and a concern that are short-lived: a loud and shrill note sounds off behind you and causes you to jump slightly. You turn around, once again on the defensive, and find yourself face-to-face with a series of large, brilliantly-white letters each as large as your head. You step back in order to make out the words better and find that the letters spell out a message.

>Cont.
>>
File: Stage1.jpg (29KB, 626x500px) Image search: [Google]
Stage1.jpg
29KB, 626x500px
>>897974

[THE DRESS-UP CHALLENGE SHALL BEGIN AFTER A COUNT OF 60. ALL PARTICIPANTS PLEASE TAKE TO THE STAGE.]

Puzzlement is evident in your expression and frustration evident in your voice as you mutter a swear under your breath. The message fades away and reveals a luminous timer counting down from sixty seconds. You look around for the person or thing that is communicating this message but, once again, find nothing. The timer continues in its march towards zero.

“Jacky?” Calls out Jamie. “What does this ‘dress-up challenge’ mean? Shall I join you on the stage? Should you regroup with me here?”

A. “I think you should join me.”
B. “No, I’ll take this alone, whatever it is.”
C. “Have you ever seen this before?”
D. Write-in
>>
>>897992
>A.
>C.
Welcome back mayor, always a pleasure to see you again.
>>
>>897992
>B. “No, I’ll take this alone, whatever it is.”
>>
File: Announcer 1.jpg (47KB, 600x894px) Image search: [Google]
Announcer 1.jpg
47KB, 600x894px
>>897992

Your eyes flit between the timer and Jamie as a few seconds fall away. "Have you ever seen this before?" You call out to your teammate, "Because I think you should join me. I have no idea what's going on!"

"Roger!" She shouts back before jogging down the steps swiftly, the shifting of her wet clothing and hurried breathing punctuating the heavy silence of the cavern.

She joins you on the stage and offers a confident nod accompanied by a reassuring pat on the back. "I have not seen a challenge of this type before myself, but I am confident that we can overcome it, yes! We shall simply use our wits and the strength of our spirits!"

Jamie claps her sword to her chest. "For the Goddess and the honor of my family!"

You can't help but find her enthusiasm contagious, and meet it with a spoken "Hoorah!" and a fist pumped into the air.

The counter ticks away; you wait with bated breath as it approaches zero...

>>>>

The timer reaches zero and, with a burst of light that blinds the two of you, disappears. When you open your eyes you find yourself staring out into a crowd of dozens of people now sitting in the seats of the ampitheatre, their hushed words washing over you in a wave of activity.

You and Jamie share a moment of quiet amazement and trepidation before she speaks to you.

"Jacky, they... They're creatures! Look!" You do so and, true to her words, what you originally thought were nondescript people in modern dress are, actually, demihumans. Creatures. Goblins, lamias, orks, vampires... All straight out of a video game or something!

Jamie catches you out of your stunned silence. "Scoundrels! Prepare yourselves to be slain by my blade!" You look to your left to see Jamie brandishing her weapon at a large stone golem and diminutive goblin standing nearby on the stage. You quickly unsheathe your sword and move to back Jamie up before the two of you are halted by a floating, ethereal hand gloved in white.

You follow the hand up a nonexistent arm to the seemingly floating collar and head of a slim man garbed n formal black. The man's most dominant feature is his alarming smile - sharpened teeth and elegant malice, framed by shining, pupil-less eyes and a brimmed hat as black as night.

"Please, no killing of the contestants." He giggles out in an eerie, singsong way. "None of us can quite touch you, anyways!"

And to demonstrate he waves his hand back and forth through Jamie's sword. She growls and slashes at him - but it is to no effect.

"I'm glad you get the point!" He cackles. "I am your Master of Ceremonies for the evening, and it is so wonderful to have the two of you here for our entertainment purposes! The Purgatory Theatre hasn't seen a human in ages! People will simply be killing to get a seat tonight!"

He lets out a series of loud, crazed laughs. He stops as abruptly as he began and regards you coldly.

>Cont.
>>
File: Audience 1.jpg (93KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Audience 1.jpg
93KB, 1280x720px
>>898181

"The challenge is simple: The curtain will rise on the stage and your ability to make the audience cheer, laugh, or cry will win you the day! Or lose! Either way, I get paid!"

What?

"Costumes and props will be provided for each of three rounds, and you're competing against our stalwart team of underpaid performers over there: Bobbo the Goblin Clown and Stony-britches besides him."

You look over to the Goblin and Golem. They regard the two of you with bored, apathetic expressions. They don't seem much of a threat, what with the goblin cleaning out his ear with a long fingernail while the stone golem simply works at a growth of moss on his knuckle in a most inelegant fashion.

"Any questions?" Asks the ghostly MC to the two of you as he bobs back into view. It is then that you notice a heavy satin curtain of dark blue and purple hues is descending on the stage, isolating the five of you from the raucous audience in the amphiteatre.

You swear under your breath once again before calling for Jamie to come closer to you, a call she heeds with haste. Your hand on her back in support, the two of you back away a step from the frightening visage of the non-man and his mad cackling. Your mind is racing, really. This is all so sudden and feels like some sort of nightmare - a nightmare come real.

The floating visage sighs and shrugs with invisible shoulders. "Your reactions are boring me, so I can only assume that the two of you can provide more entertainment than a stone automaton and a braindead goblin. You'd better hope so, as it's your only chance of moving forward, I'm afraid!"

Jamie's frustration is unleashed. "What, in the name of the Goddess, are you talking about, fiend?" She cries out with a swing of her sword. "Fight us without your tricks, that I may slay you! Let us go from this illusion!"

The MC giggles at it waves back and forth in the air. "Jamie, was it? I thought I-" He begins before Jamie interrupts him with an overhead swing through his hat, a motion that knocks it back onto his head "Hey! That tickles!" The MC hops backwards before looking at Jamie disapprovingly, a cruel smile on his face. "I see you have your own braindead goblin on your team! How perfect! Make sure to dress her up smartly, because we'll be starting soon!"

Jamie's response to the ghost, a stream of Vietnamese verbal abuse, is entertaining but it's not getting you anywhere. It seems you have an entertainment challenge before you. You and Jamie will have to win the hearts of the monster audience, or something, and you have to dress up.

"The first category for the round is Comedy!" Calls the now-invisible MC out to the crowd with a booming voice. "And the theme is Anime! Let's have a big round of applause for the Human team who's up first! What shall they do first, I wonder?"

>Cont.
>>
File: Jamie6.png (299KB, 500x746px) Image search: [Google]
Jamie6.png
299KB, 500x746px
>>898323

The Goblin and Golem walk away from you and Jamie and to the off-stage wings you now see to either side of you. Jamie points out a series of clothing-racks in the opposite wind, along with two trunks brimming with props.

"Jacky!" She hisses, "Are we actually participating in this... this... farce? I do not want to dress like a character from anime! I don't..." Jamie goes quiet for a moment and you watch as she bites her lip while avoiding your gaze. You motion for her to continue and she looks at you bashfully while motioning to her body. "I don't dress up and I'm not good at this kind of thing. Let me just hit something with my sword, yes?"

A. "I need your help, Jamie. We'll help each other." [Call on her benevolence.]
B. "Is that how a Nguyen warrior responds to a challenge?!" [Call on her pride.]
C. "Do this and I'll reward you." [Offer an incentive.]
D. Write-in

A. "How about you help me with my outfit and I'll help you with yours?"
B. Jamie can pick out her own - you trust her.
>>
>>898355
>B.

>A.
>>
>>898355
>D. Write-in
"Clearly, cutting the ghost man isn't working. Our options are either win and move forward, or go back."

B. Jamie can pick out her own - you trust her.
>>
>>898355
>B. "Is that how a Nguyen warrior responds to a challenge?!" [Call on her pride.]
>A. "How about you help me with my outfit and I'll help you with yours?"
>>
File: Mayor1.png (194KB, 280x465px) Image search: [Google]
Mayor1.png
194KB, 280x465px
>>898008
[It's great to be back questing and with some familiar Anons! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and is looking forward to a safe and happy Winter holiday.]

[How's everyone doing these days? Following any new or up-and-coming quests?]
>>
>>898424
I have been reading to many to note but I'm currently enjoying the Overlord one, Pokemon MD, a realm in ruins and keeping an eye on the Fate series one.
>>
File: DressUp2.jpg (330KB, 516x729px) Image search: [Google]
DressUp2.jpg
330KB, 516x729px
>>898355

You give Jamie as confident a look as you can muster.

"Yes- we're doing it, because clearly cutting the ghost-man isn't working, yeah? Our options are either win and move forward, or go back. And is that how a Nguyen warrior responds to a challenge, by turning back?" Playing off her pride may be a cheap move, yeah, but it certainly gets her pumped.

"No- you're right. I must move forward and prove myself. Again, and again I must prove myself. A Nguyen does not cower or profit from the sacrifice of others, she fights her own battles!"

[You made a good call in saying that to Jamie. She seems more motivated now.]

"Good to hear, now let's get started. I'll help you pick something out if you return the favor?"

Jamie accepts your offer, and you look over your options for her...

[Your nerd senses feel that the crowd is looking for Humor with a hint of Action...]

1. Costume
A. Chun-li Jamie!
B. Strike Witches Jamie!
C. Sailor Scout!
D. Card Captor Jamie
E. Vegeta Jamie

2. Prop
A. Giant foam hands!
B. Mustache and beard set
C. Horse head mask
D. Katana!
E. Teddy Bear
>>
>>898523
D. Card Captor Jamie

B. Mustache and beard set
>>
>>898523
>A. Chun-li Jamie!
>C. Horse head mask
Foam might be better but i can't turn down a horse head mask
>>
>>898523
>A. Chun-li Jamie!
>>898523
>E. Teddy Bear
>>
File: Drink8.png (304KB, 765x431px) Image search: [Google]
Drink8.png
304KB, 765x431px
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>898539
>>898556
[I'll go ahead and flip a coin between Horse Head and Teddy Bear. 1 for Horse, 2 for Bear.]

[Writing.]
>>
File: ChunLi2.jpg (162KB, 576x535px) Image search: [Google]
ChunLi2.jpg
162KB, 576x535px
>>898523

You unrack Chun-Li's classic outfit. The more you think about it the more perfect for Jamie you think this costume is, given her athleticism, complexion, and figure.

“Y-” Jamie begins to speak but then stops and lets out a tiny, nervous laugh, “You would like for me to wear that? I, uh, I don’t think I can kick well enough, and the stockings-”

You brush off Jamie’s concerns and remind her to embrace that “Nguyen pride.” She nods, takes the teddy bear that you offer her, and then looks to the clothing rack to pick out your outfit.

>>>>

“Well, ladies and gentlemonsters! It’s about time to begin the first round, and our crew tells me the humans are almost ready for the curtain to open! Are you as excited as I am? Are you on the edges of your seats? Do you miss the days when the losers were thrown into Shoggoth pits? Oh, how I love my job!”

>>>>

“Jacky,” Jamie whispers to you from behind, as you buckle the brown belt of your Guile costume, “I can’t get this cloth belt fastened! Can you please help me?”

You agree and turn around to see Jamie in her form-fitting blue dress. White tassels stream from the hair-buns on her head and spiked bands protrude from her wrists. You look down and see her body is dangerously accentuated by the dark stockings and high, white boots that she wears.

Your mind finally manages to restart.

You move behind Jamie and pull the white cloth together around her waist before beginning to fasten it into place with a safety pin or two. All-in-all? This is the most ridiculous thing you’ve done in years - at least while sober. But, thankfully, it’s a little fun.

Jamie clears her throat. You look up from where your hands work underneath her bust and see a bit of coloration to her cheeks. “Jacky, please, I am... slightly ticklish.” You apologize and move your hands away. “This outfit is so… tight, and I feel revealed despite how much it covers… To think that some people dress like this for fun!”

You offer a noncommittal grunt in response.

“You didn’t peek while I was getting dressed, did you?” You make a bit of a choked noise and are about to say something when Jamie continues, “I shouldn’t have asked. I’m sorry. I should trust my friend and teammate.”

You thank her for the sentiment.

“Well, as ridiculous as I look, I promise I won’t embarrass you and we shall give them a good show, yes? But, I am nervous, and I don’t understand how you can be so cool-headed, even while your hair is styled like that...”

A. Jacky peeked and liked it. He can’t help it!
B. Jacky didn’t peek. He has restraint.

A. “You don’t look ridiculous. I think you look nice and badass.” [Compliment]
B. “Yeah, the costume is ridiculous. But we’re ridiculous together.” [Friendship]
C. “What do you think everyone in Sunnyvale would say if they saw us like this?” [Deflect]
D. “It’s about the pride you have in yourself, regardless of how you look.” [Pride]
E. “Well, this isn’t the strangest thing I’ve ever worn…” [Humor]
E. Write-in
>>
>>898781
>B.
I want to vote for A but Jacky is a decent guy he wouldn't have
>B.
>>
>>898781
>B. Jacky didn’t peek. He has restraint.

E. “Well, this isn’t the strangest thing I’ve ever worn…” [Humor]
>>
>>898781
>B. Jacky didn’t peek. He has restraint.

>B. “Yeah, the costume is ridiculous. But we’re ridiculous together.” [Friendship]

Aww yea, Harvest Moon Quest back in action!
>>
>>898781
>B
>A
>>
>>898781
>A. Jacky peeked and liked it. He can’t help it!
>>898781
>D. “It’s about the pride you have in yourself, regardless of how you look.” [Pride]
>>
File: Guile1.jpg (953KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Guile1.jpg
953KB, 1200x1600px
>>898781

"It's not the weirdest thing I've ever worn," you explain, "and, besides, I may look ridiculous and you may look ridiculous - but we're ridiculous together. What do I have to be uncomfortable about?" You give Jamie a winning smile. She offers a small smile in return before placing her hand gingerly on your shoulder and gently squeezes. You separate and she gestures to the stage.

"What's the plan, fearless leader?"

You think on it a moment. Some scenes come to mind. "Let's get out there and put on a show - a funny spar, I guess. I know a bit of CQC, and you do as well, right?"

"CQC?" She asks, curious. You tell her that it's "close-quarters combat," and the realization dawns on her. Jamie then says that she's very confident in her skills, yes.

"Then I'll lead and you can defend - I'll throw easy punches that you can use to throw me, maybe I'll slip and fall a few times even, and eventually you - "

A. Can drop an elbow on me - but make sure you miss!
B. Step on me and act all cocky
C. Pin my leg for a ten count
D. Write-in

"... but then I come back and -"

A. Smack you with the teddy bear
B. Unleash my sonic boom - an air horn I found in the props bin
C. Claim that Ryu is signing autographs off stage
D. Spank you over my knee
E. Write-in

[Clever write-ins will give you bonus points. Otherwise, please give me 3 rolls of 1d20 for how well the audience receives Jacky's performance.]
>>
>>899107
>C. Pin my leg for a ten count
>>899107
>A. Smack you with the teddy bear
>>
>>899107
>B.

>B.
>>
>>899107
AA
>>
>>899121
[Going to turn in for the night. I'll be back first thing tomorrow morning!]
>>
>>899325
Have a nice night. See you tomorrow.
>>
>>899327
[You too, anon. Sleep tight.]
>>
>>899325
Looking forward to it
>>
>>899107

> A. Can drop an elbow on me - but make sure you miss!
> B. Unleash my sonic boom - an air horn I found in the props bin
>>
Rolled 8, 2, 9, 15, 4, 7 = 45 (6d20)

>>899107
[Rolling some dice. First 3 Jacky, second 3 ???]
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>899107
B. Step on me and act all cocky

A. Smack you with the teddy bear
>>
File: KicksForDays.gif (308KB, 500x337px) Image search: [Google]
KicksForDays.gif
308KB, 500x337px
>>899107

You and Jamie agree to a plan and take to the stage, the curtain rising and revealing your costumed-form to an audience of creatures and monsters both fearsome and bizarre.

“O-ho!” Cries the Announcer with a cackle, “Would you look at that, ladies and lamias? That human game of violence and glory, Street Fighter, has been brought to life here on our stage! We can only hope the contestants kill each other! I can hardly wait!”

The audience cheers and begs for action as a wave of excitement washes over the crowd, but you notice that some of the more vocal monsters whistle and jeer at the sight of Jamie’s scandalous costume. You hope her looks don’t distract from the humor.

You and Jamie take sparring poses across from one another, your pose lower and more aggressive while Jamie’s stance holds her body a bit higher, her hips situated back and prepared for issuing some swift kicks.

The ghostly MC announces that “It’s showtime!” and you launch into action, bobbing up and down in a stiff, game character-like manner while Jamie sort of sashays towards you. Her kicks lance out and you parry with your arms which leads to you shaking your wrists out and saying comically calling out in pain. To tell the truth, you’re only have acting when you do so. Jamie kicks hard!

You throw in a few punches that Jamie ducks under before reaching out and “tickling” your waist, which is to say that Jamie mainly dances her fingers at your abs while squeezing lightly - she’s not the best tickler. It’ll have to do.

You gain some distance by shouting “Sonic Boom!” while pulling an air horn from your pocket upstage. Jamie makes a show of cleaning out her ears and backing away while you give a thumbs-up to the audience. They’re eating it up.

Jamie “recovers,” and then it’s back to death by a hundred kicks. “Her legs must be killing her,” is what you think to yourself while back-stepping away from a rather impressive axe kick. You move to retaliate with a haymaker but Jamie holds her hand up and you stop in mid swing. She then makes a show of pulling out a cell phone and answering a call. It’s an improvised call and a good one at that - Jamie’s doing a lot better than you would have expected.

You’re combing your hair and facing away from Jamie as she puts away the phone* and that’s her cue to throw you onto the floor. You manage to roll into the impact and ease the blow but it still smarts. Jamie completes the take-down by planting her foot on your back and proclaiming her victory.

>Cont.
>>
File: Family Man.png (13KB, 512x448px) Image search: [Google]
Family Man.png
13KB, 512x448px
>>902142

This is when the teddy bear - which she has dropped while bragging - comes into play and you grab it by the arm and smack Jamie from behind. That knocks her out and you stand up, the “true” victor.

The crowd applauds once more. You spot a she-goblin blowing kisses at you and just shake your head and grit your teeth through a forced smile. The announcer shortly ushers you off the stage after that and you’re left in the wings with Jamie.

“Jacky!” She cheers, “Very well done! I’m impressed you took those blows so well! That was a good call to make it look like you were on the ropes the whole time! We shall have to spar for ‘real’ sometime- but you can’t go easy on me!”

You’re just hiding the aches well. Jamie wasn’t joking when she said she was confident in her striking.

A. “I’m a Richmond - we’re made of tough stuff.” [Be a bit cocky.]
B. “I don’t think I can go easy on you, Jamie. I’m not quite skilled enough for that.” [Humility]
C. “You did very well. Where did you learn to fight like this?” [Compliment her.]
D. Write-in
>>
>>902145
>A. “I’m a Richmond - we’re made of tough stuff.” [Be a bit cocky.]
>>
File: 1426983748832.jpg (196KB, 818x667px) Image search: [Google]
1426983748832.jpg
196KB, 818x667px
>>902145
C. “You did very well. Where did you learn to fight like this?” [Compliment her.]
Compliment her like no one ever was before
>>
>>902145
>>
>>902145
B. “I don’t think I can go easy on you, Jamie. I’m not quite skilled enough for that.” [Humility]
>>
>>902174
[Now there's an anime I haven't thought about in a while.]
>>
>>902145
>>
>>902145

Your body silently protests at the idea of sparring Jamie anytime soon. You probably won’t say that, though.

“Definitely! I could use some practice, and I’m sure I could learn a lot from you, Jamie. You did really well out there!”

Jamie’s all smiles at that, and the two of you share a moment of pleased silence as you watch the goblin and the golem impersonate Sailor Moon and Tuxedo mask on stage. The Golem has managed to catch Sailor Moon, the goblin, with a thrown rose on accident and the goblin is now ranting and raving while bleeding from the neck.

You sigh and try to pull your attention away. A sailor goblin cosplay isn’t something you were hoping to see, really.

“So, Jamie? Where did you learn to fight like that?”

Jamie, who couldn’t help but watch and snicker as the golem tripped up on his cape and fell to the floor with a crash, turns to you and gives a playful smirk. “My uncle,” she explains with pride, “and my grandfather taught me everything they could. They hired tutors for the things they could not. It was they who instilled in me the pride and desire to be an honorable warrior – a warrior such as many of my family members past.”

You nod along. “I think they would be proud of you. You’re very talented.”

Jamie brightens up at that. “Thank you, Jacky. You are too kind. It… means a lot to hear you say that. For me, that is what it means to be a Nguyen. Making my family proud, earning strength, showing my worth. I thought I would be everything that my parents and brothers had lost, but…”

Her smile goes a bit sour and she shakes her head. “Nevermind. You do not need to hear such a sad story.”

[You have stoked Jamie’s pride, and she seems very pleased with you, now. Your relationship has grown, but you feel there is something she is hiding in her heart…]

A. “We should get to know each other better – that’s part of being comrades, right?”
B. “Where is your family now?” / “What is your family doing now?”
C. “Sadness and hardship can be part of what makes us strong.”
D. Write-in
>>
>>902759
>C.
>>
>>902759
C. “Sadness and hardship can be part of what makes us strong.”

A. “We should get to know each other better – that’s part of being comrades, right?”
>>
>>902861
this
>>
>>902759
>C. “Sadness and hardship can be part of what makes us strong.”
>A. “We should get to know each other better – that’s part of being comrades, right?”
>>
>>902759
>A. “We should get to know each other better – that’s part of being comrades, right?”
>>
>>902759
[Updates incoming.]
>>
File: Charades.jpg (124KB, 1280x708px) Image search: [Google]
Charades.jpg
124KB, 1280x708px
>>902759

There is a moment of pause, a quiet silence, between you and Jamie that contrasts the noise and commotion from the goblin and golem. While you and Jamie softly converse in the wings your "competitors" now wrestle and quarrel onstage. They are eventually separated by a couple orc stagehands.

"I may not need to hear about your past, Jamie, but I do want to." Your eyes meet and a silent understanding passes between you. There are some things that Jamie wants to share but cannot, perhaps because she is scared or ashamed. You try to reassure her.

"I know some 'history' may be eating away at you, and it may seem too hard to share to anyone, but sadness and hardship can be part of what makes us strong. I really think that, and I already know you're strong. If you ever need to talk to someone, or just need some time to reflect with someone over a cup of tea I'll be there. It's about time I 'paid it forward' for all the times people listened to my crap."

Jamie is hesitant and never formally accepts your offer, but she does give a faint smile and reveal that she "would appreciate that," before saying "I'll let you know when I'm ready... to talk. There are many things I could get off my chest. For now, though, I will be grateful for the challenges I have been given in lieu of the cushy luxuries of my brothers."

Interesting. Is she the black sheep of the family? Some sort of bad blood with her siblings? You keep these thoughts to yourself. "Sometimes getting things off your chest is all you can do, and that's okay."

>>>>

The next round of the "show" is about to start. The Announcer has declared that "Charades" is the name of the game and both teams will be playing simultaneously. You and Jamie both know how to play charades - but who will be giving the clues and who will be guessing, you or Jamie?

A. You will be guessing
B. You will be silently giving the clues
>>
File: 1441043075638.jpg (43KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1441043075638.jpg
43KB, 400x400px
>>911703
WE are the Clueless
so
B. You will be silently giving the clues (with LOTS of exagerattion and passion for it YET a dead cold stone face during that)
>>
File: HM1.jpg (10KB, 172x215px) Image search: [Google]
HM1.jpg
10KB, 172x215px
>>911942
[Hello and welcome back, Ranalcu. I think you'll probably be the deciding vote on this one, eh?]
>>
>>911950
I don't see a problem, but maybe a 10-15 minut of waiting would be fine if anyone find this thread?
>>
>>911979
[Writing now.]
>>
>>911703

You and Jamie accompany the Golem and Goblin onto the stage where four chairs are arranged about a wide rectangular space. You and Jamie each stand next to the two chairs facing each other on stage right, your warrioress friend looking determined but slightly offput that she may be a liability this round.

Shortly before moving onstage Jamie had asked you for a briefing on charades and some basic tips and tricks. After discussing the fact that Jamie had never played charades before a short lesson ensued. Turns out you'll be the more experienced one for this round and it was decided that you, the charades veteran, would provide the clues for Jamie to interpret.

You tell Jamie that the two of you "will definitely win this round," and she flashes you a thumbs up. The announcer cues up again and asks the teams to be ready for the first clue to appear on the stage. It's first one to complete five clues first and the clues (prompt phrases) will be appearing in front of you and behind Jamie - who is facing the audience behind you.

The first phrase appears: BRUSHING YOUR TEETH

With a stony face and all the acting skills you can muster you....

>Give me a write-in or two first
>>
Rolled 81 (1d100)

>>912191
>show your index finger, smile (still all serious face) move the finger from side to side in front of your mouth
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>912213
[Good description. Rolling to see if Jamie has any misunderstandings...]
>>
>>912191

You hold up your right index finger before bringing it to your smiling face and, with all the seriousness you can muster, begin rubbing it back and forth in front of your teeth.

"D-" Jamie starts, a look of slight confusion on her face before the realization quickly dawns on her, "BRUSHING YOUR TEETH!"

You give her a thumbs up while wondering what she was going to first guess. Oh well, all that matters is that you're in the lead: the other team still hasn't gotten close to their clue, which is "blow-drying your hair," and unfortunately for them neither the goblin nor the golem has hair.

The next prompt is up: CHIMPANZEE

"Oh," you think to yourself, "Saw one of those last time I was at the zoo."

[Good job. Next description? Channel your inner primate!]
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>912274
>bend your arm and scratch top of your head, bend your knees, walk and woble a bit, "peel invinsible banana" and try to eat it
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>912280
[Rolling for Jamie.]
>>
File: Monkey.jpg (55KB, 413x299px) Image search: [Google]
Monkey.jpg
55KB, 413x299px
>>912274

You stick out your lower jaw, curl your arms in a vaguely S-like formation, and begin to walk and scratch at yourself in the best ape-like fasgion you can manage. Your drill instructor resembled an ape himself so you have plenty of material to base your impression on.

Jamie catches on practically instantaneously, rolling through "monkey, ape, chimpanzee!" very quickly before the other team even gets started on their second clue, "churning butter."

Your third prompt is "HULA-HOOPING." Time to roll your hips, Jacky!
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>912456
Mime putting a hoop on your arm and spin it around a little before flipping it over your waist and swerving them hips a bit.

we supposed to roll?
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>912625
[The roll is appreciated. Good job, anon. Rolling for Jamie.]
>>
>>912456

The last time you danced around in a hula-hoop was probably more than a dozen years ago. That said, it's one of those things you don't forget- like riding a bicycle or the Lieutenant's wifi password.

You mime putting something on your arm -

"Getting dressed!" Not quite, Jamie...

You start spinning your arm, which seems to only confuse Jamie more. "Lasso?" She asks before gaining a bit more confidence and shouting, "You're a cowboy!"

You mime "No!" emphatically and then work the imaginary hoop over your hips. You hold your hips and start gyrating, stone-faced to the end and hoping to the Goddess above that Jamie doesn't make you gyrate in front of a crowd for too long....

The Announcer capitalizes on your embarrassment, much to the amusement of the Shadows and Demons in the crowd. "And look at those hips go, Folks! That's a man that knows his way around-and-around-and-around, don't you think?"

Jamie has to think about it for just a moment before it finally hits her: "Hula-hooping!" and you're audibly relieved that you don't have to shake your hips any longer.

>>>>

Jamie gets the fourth prompt pretty easily, but the fifth one proves just as troublesome as "Hula-hooping," and just as embarrassing. You're forced to pantomime:

A. Rolling dice
B. Riding a horse
C. Going through a revolving door
D. Write-ins Encouraged
>>
>>912719
[Going to pause for right now, I'll pop in tonight and be back in full force tomorrow. Thank you for participating!]
>>
>>912719
>C. Going through a revolving door
>>
>>912719
A. Rolling dice
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>912719
>C. Going through a revolving door

>turn a 90 to a right, move your hands like you would push/turn something
>move your eyes like you would watch something spin around
>try to "walk into" it, move in a circle a bit and then move out and then return after few second in the same way
>>
File: 8-docfrance.jpg (48KB, 412x449px) Image search: [Google]
8-docfrance.jpg
48KB, 412x449px
>>914892
>1
>>
>>912780
[There are some work items I have to take care of before I can start writing. Are you guys alright waiting a bit longer, Anons?]
>>
Good work takes time, do what you need to do. Ill be here this evening for sure
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>915240
[Rolling for Jamie's guessing abilities.]
>>
>>915579
Wow, that is high
For every 1 there is a 20 in some other time and place
>>
File: Awkward High Five.gif (164KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
Awkward High Five.gif
164KB, 500x280px
>>912719

The stark, pristine white spotlight illuminates you and casts a halo around your form. Your eyes meet Jamie's and you both know, without saying, the two of you share a belief in your abilities that you can easily complete this next prompt and win the round, together. You've got a comfortable lead on the other team and this victory should seal the deal.

The clue is dialed up: REVOLVING DOOR

Time to revolve, baby! You put your hands out and begin to walk around in circles, steps slow and sure-footed.

"Carousel?" Asks Jamie, and while that's a good guess it's not good enough. "Uhm... Spinning, circles, walking around in circles,..."

On your second revolution your foot catches on the stage's floor marley and you trip. You can't help but fall to the floor, both worrying Jamie and causing the audience to burst out into cackling laughter. Your right knee took the impact the hardest and is going to be sore for a bit but you're otherwise okay.

"O-ho! I don't think our contestant meant to act out 'making a fool of himself!' What do you think, monsterboys and girls?"

More calls and jeers from the audience. You mentally curse'em all and get back to the game.

Jamie closes her eyes, searching her memory for some glimpse of insight into what you're doing. A distant memory of walking into the front lobby of a competing business with her CEO father comes to mind and she remembers walking through the spinning glass doors.

"Walking through a revolving door!" Cries Jamie, and you've won. The overhead audio lets out a "ding!" and Jamie springs up, hands held high in celebration.

She congratulates you with...

A. A hug
B. A high-five
C. A slap on the back

And the final round of the competition begins, -

D. Tug of War
E. Dance Off
F. Karaoke
G. Beer Pong
H. Write-in
>>
>>915737
>A. A hug
>D. Tug of War
>>
>>915737
A. A hug
G. Beer Pong
>>
>>915737
>A. A hug
>>915737
>D. Tug of War
>>
>A. A hug
>D. Tug of War
>>
>>915737
>>A. A hug
>>D. Tug of War
>>
>>915737
[Tug of war it is, but hugs first.]
>>
File: Cheering Crowd.jpg (156KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Cheering Crowd.jpg
156KB, 1280x720px
>>915737

The crowd cheers on as Jamie wraps her arms around you and you reciprocate, the energetic woman singing "We are the Champions!" while bobbing and hopping excitedly in your arms. A small part of you feels a happy warmth at her touch, and you can't help but smile and raise your fist alongside Jamie's in victory.

The Announcer fades into view before you, a microphone thrust at Jamie and a mischievous grin plastered on his face. "Very well done, you two! With this a decisive victory, and the Dress-up contest a shoe-in, the two of you could seal the deal on this next round! Are you feeling confident, Jamie?"

She grabs the mic and lets out a "We shall never be defeated!" and the crowd throws out some cheers and boos in response.

"Easy there, tiger!" Says the MC with a chuckle, "While we wait for the next round to be set-up, tell us what your favorite part of charades was, hm? Did you enjoy watching Jacky make a fool of himself?"

Jamie scowls at the top-hat-wearing and devilish apparition while pulling you towards her form defensively. "Jacky did an incredible job! I didn't think he looked foolish, I thought he was brave for having the courage to stand up there and do those things and I thoroughly enjoyed watching him hula-hoop, myself!"

And it seems Jamie's bad habits die hard, given the wink and slight pinch to your rear she delivers to you. As you narrow your eyes at her slightly she sheepishly grins at you, perhaps a bit apologetically. The Announcer comes between the two of you and a sharp, ghastly grin is once again plastered on his face. "So, Jacky, what's your hip-shaking secret? Do all humans attract mates with hip thrusts? What's the story between you and Jamie? Help our audience to better understand what it's like being a member of that deplorable, terrible race that is humankind!"

A. "It's a Richmond family secret, passed down for generations."
B. "I can't really comment on the mating habits for all of mankind."
C. "So, what are you? Ghost? Demon? Spirit? Annoyance?"
D. "There's no story between Jamie and I."
E. "Our story is one of swords, passion, and vengeance. You know, normal stuff."
F. Write-in

[For the tug-of-war...]
A. You in front, closer to the mud pit
B. Jamie in front, closer to the mud pit
>>
>>919264
A. "It's a Richmond family secret, passed down for generations."

Never know, Jamie might be a great anchor for tug of war,
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>919264
>B. "I can't really comment on the mating habits for all of mankind."
BUT THEN
>A. "It's a Richmond family secret, passed down for generations."
AND "Looks like it works, that's why our family have GENERATIONS, and few more to come."

Tug Of War
>A. You in front, closer to the mud pit
So Jamie can have some fun watching our round ass in mud
>>
>>919264
E. "Our story is one of swords, passion, and vengeance. You know, normal stuff."
>>
Le Bump?
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.