[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Metahuman Quest #2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 224
Thread images: 11

File: phantech.jpg (2MB, 1859x2124px) Image search: [Google]
phantech.jpg
2MB, 1859x2124px
You return to your apartment and change into a new outfit. A longsleeve black compression shirt and a pair of jeans with steel toe boots, you take a couple minutes to scrape the material separating your foot and the metal away.

Maybe you should pick up some kind of mask on the way, you consider the option.

>Buy a mask on the way
>You dont need a mask
>Use your smoke cloud ability as a mask
>>
>>892573
>Buy a mask on the way
>>
>>892573
Aquire mask.
>>
>>892573
>>Buy a mask on the way
>>
>>892573
>Buy a mask on the way
>>
>>892573
>>You dont need a mask
>>
You decide pissing off a major crime organization with your face exposed is a bad idea, you know of a year round costume shop that's on the way to the Bay Leaf Club.

You round the corner and see the bright orange posters of the year round costume shop. You step through the automatic doors and you're greeted by a man wearing a knights costume.

"Greetings, M'Lord. Anything I can help thee with?" He quips

>What kind of mask or costume are you looking for?

(Provide pictures if you'd like)
>>
File: Vega Mask.jpg (31KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Vega Mask.jpg
31KB, 600x800px
>>892662
Let's go with something like Vega's mask.
Formless so it doesn't show our facial features, but will allow us to see and if we make ourselves seem suitably pissed or crazy, some of the lower thugs may surrender.
>>
>>892671
I like this, supporting. We could also put some metal on the inside if we need to emergency turn our head-skin to iron to prevent a headshot like last thread
>>
>>892679

Good idea

Also OP mentioned we may be able to pick up new powers from people around town. We should try finding them. We need to try to work on our regen, see if we can get better at it.
>>
Something like this? It would be a two way mirror kind of thing at first, Recurve could re-enforce the area surrounding your eyes with metal so you can still see.
>>
>>892701
ya that works
>>
>>892701
sounds good, if we can make that two-way glass reinforced eventually that'd be something to consider
>>
>>892701
Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
>>
>>892701
Looks good to me.
>>
"I'd like that mirror mask." You say pointing on the shelf

"Ay, Sire. Tis a wonderful choice, whilst though be paying with gold coin or mystic parchment?"

"Cash, and give me that jacket." You say tossing him a 20 as you point to the leather jacket with a grey cloth hood."

You change into your new attire and look through the two way glass mask into a shop window, you look like a forgotten Daft Punk member but you're completely disguised.

You reach the Bay Leaf club and see its closed, on a saturday night. Something isn't right, Recurve is perched on the ledge of a small building outside the club, he sees you approaching and hops down.

"Terminator huh? Interesting choice." He says chuckling

"Says the guy dressed like Robin Hood's Gimp." You reply as you walk up the street to the building.

A large japanese man stands outside the door, his massive black t-shirt reads 'SECURITY' He puts a hand up and speaks in a rough accent.

"I dont think so. The club is under renovations and we are not allowing any patrons inside."

You look up at him and reply...

>Tell Jam he has guests.
>We came to kick Jam's ass so I'm sure it's fine if we go in.
>Of course, my mistake
>Punch him (d20)
>Write-In
>>
>>892742
>Of course, my mistake
Something smells fishy. Let's get REcurve to do some REcon
>>
>>892742
>>Of course, my mistake

>>892749
I agree with this.
>>
>>892742
>Of course, my mistake
>>892749
>>892766
Supportin
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>892742
>>Of course, my mistake
>Punch him (d20)
>>
"Of course my mistake, Thought it was the costume ball tonight." You say chuckling as you walk away.

"Follow me." You say to recurve, who's right on your heels.

You lead him into an alley two buildings down from the club. You climb onto a fire escape and begin climbing towards thw roof.

"What the hell are we doing?" Asks Recurve from below

"We need to get to the roof and do some recon. A popular club with beach access is closed on a saturday? Something is up." You say

As you hop the small wall of brick that lets you get onto the roof you hear the whirring of hydrolics. Walking to the edge of the building you see over the covered fences leading into the Club's private beach.

A small boat is lowering a ramp onto the sand, a man in a green suit jacket and black slacks stands talking with a group of thugs similar to the ones at the bar.

"Hold on, let me get us some ears." Recurve says nocking an arrow with a small box on the back, he fires it and it imbeds itself into the bottom of the ramp as it finished lowering. He hits a switch and his bow emits sound.

"Jameel, how great to finally meet you." A voice says from the boat, you can see from the roof that it belongs to a middle aged clean shaven asian man in a dark grey business suit.

"Likewise Mr. Kong." Jam replies hos voice thick with a Jamaican accent.

"Please. Call me Kyuchi. We have much business to discuss." He replies with his hands behind his back.

"Dat we do. I presume you received my message?" Jam questions

"Ah yes, bring the man forward." Kyuchi says his voice light

You see the escaped man from the bar step forward his hand wrapped in guaze and bandaged.

"I hear you encountered Metahumans? Is this correct?" Kyuchi asks still delicate

The man nods frantically

"I see, and they weren't affiliated with DD?" He asks again

The man shakes his head side to side, slightly shaking

"Free lance metahumans..how interesting. Well I'm glad you survived to deliver the message, that being said. You abandoned your comrades. You are a coward. And a messenger with no message. Is useless." As he days these last words he draws a black and gold trim slim revolver from within his jacket and fires directly through the mans head.

"Get dis fool's body, away from me. Take him to dah cellar for now. Kyuchi and I have business to discuss." Jam says approaching Kyuchi and putting an arm around his shoulder

As they walk inside with 4 gang members the body is carried away by 3 men. Two guards armed with sub-machine guns exit the boat and guard the ramp.

Recurve cuts the audio.

"Shit man. What do we do?"

>Follow the men carrying the body
>Get onto the boat
>Enter the club
>>
>>892823
>Get onto the boat

Need to know what they're bringing in.
>>
>>892823
>>Get onto the boat
>>
>>892823
>>Get onto the boat
>>
>>892823
>Follow the men carrying the body
>>
>>892823

>Get onto the boat

Lets do it
>>
You and Recurve wait for the men carrying the bodies to disperse and for Jameel and Kyuchi to enter the club leaving the beach empty exceot for the two guards.

"How are we doing this? We can repel down and hope to sneak up on them. Or I could try and take em out from up here with my bow." He asks drawing 2 arrows from his quiver.

>Try and hit them from here.
>Lets get on the ground.
>I'll take the ground, you offer some covering fire.
>Write in.
>>
>>892948
"If you see a shot, take it."
>>
>>892948

Try to assimilate the sand when we get on the beach, maybe we can use it as camo to sneak up on them. Also, always good to try new things
>>
>>892948
>>I'll take the ground, you offer some covering fire.
>>
What are Recurve's arrowheads made of?
>>
>>892977
Ask him next time you have a moment.
>>
"I'll take the ground, offer me cover fire. If you have a shot, take it." You say as you shift your lower legs to iron and leap off the roof.

You hit the sand hard and your iron bones take it well, you shift back to flesh and get low behind the decorative colored sand dunes. You see Recurve pull his bow to full draw waiting for your signal to fire.

>Rush one of the guards, let Recurve get one
>Rush both guards.
>Have Recurve fire while you remain hidden.
>Write-In

D20 please for any action.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>893025
>>Rush one of the guards, let Recurve get one
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>893025

The simultaneous takedown is critical.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>893025
>Rush one of the guards, let Recurve get one
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>893025
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

You sprint across the sand kicking up gritty clouds of sand behind you, by the time the guard sees you all he can see is his own reflection and your fist.

You smash into his nose with a satisfying crunch and you hear the deep thrum of an arrow being loosed by Recurve.

Roll 1d20 to back up Recirve if he misses.

Rolling 1d20 for Recurves shot.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>893089
god damn it recurve
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>893089
Recurve confirmed for jobber.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1475548195371.jpg (38KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1475548195371.jpg
38KB, 720x960px
Recurve
Recurv
Recur
Rec
Re
Re
Rec
Recu
Recur
Recurs
Recurse
Recursed
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>893089
>>
>>893111
he should see a therapist cause i think his PTSD is fucking with him
>>
>>893126
It's the lingering effects of him breaking the pheromone conditioning.
>>
File: 4d2b6c954735d03dfc5e1cd3f14fb267.jpg (253KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
4d2b6c954735d03dfc5e1cd3f14fb267.jpg
253KB, 1680x1050px
Actually...roll a d10 to avoid Recurve's misfire as well.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d10)

>>893137
Jesus Christ, Recurve. Need to send him to remedial hero school.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d10)

>>893137
>yvhiOL4H
come on recurve
>>
Rolled 2 (1d10)

>>893137
Fucks sakes
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>893137
>>
Rolled 5 (1d10)

>>893137
Lmao @ recurve accidentally shooting us, if this was a comic I'd read the hell out of it
>>
Rolled 5 (1d10)

>>893137

Good thing we regen
>>
You feel a searing pain as Recurves arrow slices through cleanly, you yell in pain and see the other guard bring his gun up. You swat the gun out of his hands and deliver a jab to thr mouth that sends him limp bodied to the ground.

Recurve fires a zipline arrow and zips down to meet you.

"Look..I'm I'm so sorry."
He starts

You hear a bang as the cabin door to the boat flies open and a massive 7ft man in white armor stands there. The black reflective eye lenses of him helmet reflect your own reflective mask into infinity.

The metal exoskeleton makes him look like a robot almost, on his back is a massive blade.

He screams something in a language you don't understand, must be Japanese.

You stand there and put your hands up in a fighting stance and watch as the armored behemoth draws the massive katana. It's blade moves very slightly and hums with a vibration.

Recurve knocks an arrow with a large flat head like a suction cup.

>Rush him
>Wait for him to attack then counter
>Flee

ASSIMILATE:
Titanium: Right hand

Steel: Feet
>>
>>893230
>>Wait for him to attack then counter
By assimilating his exo skeletal material.
>>
>>893230
>>Wait for him to attack then counter
>>Titanium: Right hand
>>
>>893230
Assimilate the quartz from the sand under our feet to reinforce all unreinforced skin. It's not metal, but quartz is still better than nothing.

Then:
>>
>>893230
But tell Recurve to fire his suction thing and get some distance
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>893248
You cant assimilate large groupings of things. All you'd absorb is the material of a single grain of sand. So a sandy toe.
Also rolling for Recurve.
RNGesus save your disciple
>>
>>893256
Fug DDDD:

Can't blame a guy for trying, but at least Recurve managed to not job for once.
>>
Time for me to work. We will reconvine in a few hours and have our boss battle! Check discord and QTG for notice to when we start back up.
>>
Until then feel free to have conversation about the thread and please tell me how you like it so far.

Share any fan art or make requests if any artists offer.

Hope you guys stay happy till I get back.
>>
File: This fucking guy.jpg (574KB, 640x357px) Image search: [Google]
This fucking guy.jpg
574KB, 640x357px
We gotta find a way for recurve to absorb some fucking skill.
>>
LEWDS WHEN
>>
>>893758
AlexXRecurve, anon?
>>
>>893801
The bond between the two is Bulletproof. Unless recurve gets us shot with his shitty 1's
>>
"Recurve, shoot that thing and back up. Now." You say as your hand shifts into titanium.

You bend your knees slightly and prepare to fight the Cyborg Samurai. You hear the clang as the arrow sticks to your enemy and delivers and electric shock, a muffled yelling inside the helmet is all that comes of it before the arrow is angrily snapped with one hand.

Then it happens, the samurai is upon you at a terrifying speed, you manage to react grabbing the blade with your hand. You feel it vibrate slowly at first, gaining momentum you feel pain.

Your heart drops as you realize, the blade's vibration allow it to cut through very hard metals. You throw the blade and take a few steps back, the samurai lowers his sword and begins circling you.

Recurve lines up another shot with the same arrow he pulled on you. It's dull red glow stands out from the darkening sky.

The Samurai's helmet begins whiring slowly, it's scanning you for a weakness, it's learning how you fight.

>Hit first
>Try to avoid and hope Recurve can hit him
>Touch him and try to assimilate his armor
>Grab his sword and try to assimilate
>Write-In

I will roll for Recurve's shot after you vote.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>894610
>>Touch him and try to assimilate his armor
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>894610
i dont know if you want us to roll or not so im rolling anyways
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>894610
>>
>>894633
I always want you guys to roll for actions. I'm proud you did it without being told lol
>>
File: Neutral.jpg (32KB, 353x270px) Image search: [Google]
Neutral.jpg
32KB, 353x270px
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>894631
>>894633
Pic related

Assimilate armor
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

I think we should assimilate the sword, but will roll for assimilating the armor
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>894610
>Assimilate: Armor
>>
That's a nice suit you got there mind if I try it on
>>
"That's a nice suit, mind if I try it on." You yell as you run at the giant and tackle him.

Your body slowly morphs as you slide through the sand, your skin is a pearlescent white. You dont recognize this material and you feel like you're lightly humming. You stand up and feel more powerful, you feel faster. This material feels organic, it tightens and loosens as if breathing.

You hear the voice in your head.

"Another Meta? No longer do I have to settle for the meager pickings of a man like Lin Shui. You. You are my new core. You will listen. You will kill."

The word echoes in your mind.

Kill

Your eyes lock on the small frail Japanese man holding the massive sword. You try and resist but you find yourself looking at Recurve.

Kill

You cant stop, the suit is moving your legs for you.

"Strong? What are you doing?" He asks backing up

You try and reply but it only comes out as a monsterous roar.

He draws his bow. You feel the suit tense, your knees flex.

Recurve aims the bow at you, he begs you to stop. Not to make him do this.

What do you do?

>Kill
>Kill
>Kill
>Kill

Give me a D20

I will roll for Recurve
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

It all comes down to this.

Let's see what you've got Recurve.
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>894912
Well fuck. Come on nat one
>>
File: FB_IMG_1475548207339.jpg (65KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1475548207339.jpg
65KB, 960x720px
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>Dont kill
nat 20
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>894912
>Don't Kill
>>
i thought we were immune to this shit
>>
>>894965
Immune to pheromones, not fucking metal Venom/Carnage.
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>894912
Fuck.

>>894965
We're resistant at best to just pheromone-based suggestion, this thing seems to be talking directly to our brain.
>>
>>894965
This isnt pheromone based. This is a meta who became a Symbiote like creature when his mutation was activated. Letting him override the body of whoever he is attached too. Otherwise he's just a useless liquid consciousness.
>>
>>894965
Pheromones, not whatever this guy is using.
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>894912
the dice are whimsical today
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w-VY6t8zVI
>>
You pull back your fist against your own will and feel it connect with Recurve's cheek. He sprawls backwards, scrambling to move backwards while still on the ground.

Sand and small shells scatter as he tries to flee.

Kill

You begin walking towards him again, slowly, methodically. You know what is going to happen. You turn from him and lift the giant Katana, you flick a switch and it comes to life. You walk back over to Recurve, he begins to get up.

You deliver a swift kick to the gut, he cries out and falls back into the sand. He picks up the arrow and is gripping it again.

"I'm going to save you, Strong. Like you saved me."

Kill

He chokes as you grasp his throat and lift him in the air, you pull back the blade to impale him.

>Do it
>Do it
>Do it
>Do it

Roll a d20. Last chance for Recurve.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>895015
Break out of it, fucker.
>>
>>895015
>>895022
NOBODY ELSE ROLL
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

I want Recurve to live.

RNGesus, dont make me kill a character I actually like.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>895015
>>
>>895036
WHAT DID I FUCKIN SAY
you lucky you rolled shittily
>>
>>895042
>inb4 we need to roll high to beat the symbiote.
>>
>>895042
You have no idea what the d20 is actually for, it could be to resist control of the meta for all we know.
>>
Double 2's

Good work boys.
>>
>>895050
It's how well you perform. Even if under control of a symbiote it's how well you do.
>>
Before you shove the blade through your friend he manages one final thrust using all his energy. The capsule breaks apart, acid douses the suit and you hear the deafening screams of pain as the suit burns.

The pain in the once man is enough to break it's hold for one second. That's all you need, you grab your own chest and tear it away from yourself.

You watch as the once almost solid suit turns to liquid and drips into the sand, dissappearing into the beach.

You drop to your knees and breath heavy. Recurve joins you.

"That was fucked up.." he gasps

"Yeah.." you agree

After a few moments you both catch your breath and rise before heading to the boat.
The interior of the boat is simple. Wrinkled Cots and open footlockers are the only signs of people living on board, otherwise it seems immaculate.

You see a metal desk with a padlock on the drawer that usually contains stationary.

You see multiple footlockers that sit slightly open.

The GPS of the ship also blinks and blips.

>What would you like to investigate first?
>>
>>895119
>The GPS

Jesus that was close.
>>
>>895119
Let's check the footlockers first while Recurve looks into the GPS data.
>>
>>895119
Footlockers then GPS data.
>>
>>895119
we get the footlockers Recurve get the GPS
>>
I just wrote a few paragraphs. Enteretd the app and it all deleted. Give me a bit to mourn..
>>
>>895309
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSz16ngdsG0

my sympathies
>>
>>895119
check the manifesto (look for a computer or something if we cant find one)
also, have recurve plant a tracker on the boat
>>
>Check foot lockers and take anything of value

>Ask recurve if he has arrows that can be remotely detonated and if so plant them everywhere.
>>
>>895714
trackers seem more useful - we can steal the boat later
>>
>>895119
>FIRST THE FOOTLOCKERS, THEN BUST THAT DESK DRAWER OPEN.
>>
>>895119
>Footlockers, then GPS
Also do we get to keep the sword?
>>
"Recurve. Check that GPS for anything useful, I'll look through the footlockers." You say beginning to kneel.

After a few minutes you've found nothing and nearly given up hope except in the final footlocker. It rests at the end of a cot stained white-grey, obviously the bed of the living armor.

You find a bottle of Japanese wine and an open white envelope. Inside the envelope you find 500 dollars cash and a letter. It reads:

"Thank you for choosing Darwin's Dream PMC, we understand you have selected our Meta-Soldier Package and have included an attached bio of the soldier selected.

Codename: Aegis
Abilities: The forming around a human subject granting them Superhuman Strength, Endurance, and Durability creating even the smallest weakling into a supersoldier completely under your control.
Notes: Due to the nature of Aegis, his subjects typically do not live once he is removed as he saps their energy to sustain himself. For this reason the personal bonus has been reduced from 1500 to 500 dollars. If you have any questions or are unsatisfied with our operators performance, please contact us through secure channels."
The paper is adorned with a green stamp of a turtle.

Looks like PhanTech was beaten to the punch at creating their Meta-human PMC.

"Do you have anything over their Recurve?" You ask

"Not much, looks like the boat came from an Island to the North-East and the GPS has two more stops planned at a...Cannery by the docks and a private residence by Faltmore Beach. Probably Jam's place."
He says

"It seems like we have three options, we hit Jam here and have to deal with his guards and this Kyuchi guy. We catch them at the Cannery and maybe make off with their shipment or destroy it. Finally we could just kick in the door to Jam's house and have a private chat." You say thinking aloud

"Then what's our move boss?" Recurve asks pulling his bow from his back

>We get them now.
>Let's see what they're transporting at the Cannery.
>Let's visit Jam while he's home.

(All artwork for PMC Logos and Company Logos so far goes to @ro3clothing on twitter.)
>>
>>897058
>>
>>897058
>We get them now.
Hitting them at the canary has a risk of to many men, but we should still get to it after here to ensure WE can make use of what's being shipped.
>>
>>897058
>>We get them now.
Probably has security at his house, more men at the Cannery.
>>
>>897058
>>
>>897058
>>Let's see what they're transporting at the Cannery.
>>
"Going in right now is too dangerous, these men on top of the club security. Things could get pretty messy. Same with Jams house, he would have a private guard and security systems." You say

"Yeah true..better to catch them at the Cannery. More workers than armed guards sure, so I'll keep my explosives sheathed." Recurve says

Now you need to decide what you'll do to get a look at the goods.

>Disguise as workers and surprise attack
>Attack from the shadows
>Attack boldly
>Stow-away on the boat
>>
>>897290
>Attack from the shadows
Could we assimilate some of that smoke?
>>
>>897290
>>Attack from the shadows
>>
>>897290
>Attack from the shadows
>>
>>897290
>>Stow-away on the boat
>>
>>897290
>>Attack from the shadows
>>
"We'll set up an ambush." You say decisively

"Good plan, I'm good at hiding out, what about you though?" He asks

"If we can find some smoke I can turn my arms into it and cloak myself. It's a neat trick I learned." You say, a little proud of yourself.

You and recurve quietly exit the boat and place the small japanese man and his sword on the boat. Leaving the two guards tied up behind colored dunes.

Recurve and yourself run a few minutes before you see the cannery in the distance. You eventually get to the doors, using your titanium hand you break the lock before you both slip in.

Using the smoke from the incinerator that destroys fish bones you ahroud yourself and tuck into a dark corner. Recurve scales the various pipes to the top of a broken down tank of oil, giving his bow a few test draws.

Then. You wait.
>>
Sorry about the last thread being broken up but this is the end of yesterday's thread.

Thank you guys for reading and sticking with me, last night I had a bit to drink and fell asleep.

Please feel free to tell me how you like the story and especialky how you like that logo for Darwin's Dream. Credit to @ro3clothing

If you have any art or anything you'd like to discuss with other players please do. Have a good night. I have to work now.
>>
>>897577
This is a fun quest. Have you considered a trip?
>>
>>899054
I'm still pretty much a newfag so please elaborate, what is the point of a trip tag?
>>
>>899084
If you use a trip it makes it much harder for someone to impersonate you across multiple threads.
>>
>>899119
Hm. Can't think of why anyone would want to be impersonating me haha. But I will consider it.
>>
>>899200
It also makes it a lot easier to consistently identify you.
>>
File: 0qo6Yph.jpg (12KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
0qo6Yph.jpg
12KB, 480x480px
We resume in about an hour.
>>
We resume on two hours
>>
>>902616
Nice spelling. I have a discord so players will know my tag. Please do stay and participate however.
>>
You sit hidden in the corner for what feels like hours through Recurve promises you is only a half hour. The light trailing of smoke on your face seems to pull at your eyelids. Then you hear it.

The mechanical whir of the waterfront loading doors lifting. And you see the same boat as earlier pulling into the small dock inside the warehouse.

You see a small crew of 3 groups of two men each in yellow vests. They carry large rectangular crates, you can't hear what they are saying but it's very clear they are discussing the contents. Kyuchi exits the boat with a group of 3 armed guards he holds out his hand and is brought a crowbar.

As he goes to open the crate you hear a noise behind and above you, a metallic click.

>Focus on the contents of the box

>Look for the source of the noise
>>
>>902964
>Look for the source of the noise
>>
>>902964
>>Look for the source of the noise
>>
>>902964
>>Look for the source of the noise
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

You swore the noise came from above and behind you. You turn as slowly as possible letting the smoke swirl softly around you.

You can barely see the outline of a man in the now open bay window, he sits crouched with a long rifle rested upon a piece of rusted rail. He appears to be aiming for Kyuchi.

>Wait and see what happens
>Warn Kyuchi
>Write-In
>>
>>903050
>>Warn Kyuchi
>>
>>903050
>Write-In
Move closer to attack him
>>
>>903050
>Warn Kyuchi
He may have info that could be helpful
>>
>>903050
>Write-In
snatch the rifle, no killing on our watch
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

"GET DOWN" you scream and all the guards raise their weapons looking around.

Your shouting startled the sniper as he jerks squeezing off a shot that ricochets above Kyuchi. Kyuchi shouts in Japanese and begins running back to his boat.

You watch the sniper toss aside his gun and pull a bowstaff from his back. Holding it flat above his head spikes connected to a metal cord fire from the both ends creating a zipline, he leaps off the edge of the walkway and begins hurtling towards Kyuchi, he draws a pistol and begins firing wildly.

>Try and tackle the man off the line
>Try and tackle Kyuchi out of the way
>Yell for Recurve to cut his line
>Yell for Recurve to shoot him
>Stay out of it

ASSIMILATE:
(what body part/full body?)

Iron
Concrete
Titanium (hand only)
Steel (Legs only)
>>
Rolls (1d20) for all except standing to watch this man take on 4 armed guards.
>>
>>903188
is the fall survivable if we cut his line? need to know before vote
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>903188
>Yell for Recurve to cut his line
ASSIMILATE
Iron
>Try and tackle Kyuchi out of the way
>>
>>903208
Where he is now. Yes.
>>
>>903213
Assimilate full body by the way.
>>
>>903245
>>903188
then I support
>>903213
>>
Rolled 1, 9, 17, 16, 19 = 62 (5d20)

"RECURVE, CUT THE LINE!" You yell as the familiar feeling of Iron coats your body.

The shots from the man rain down upon Kyuchi but miraculously he survives withiut a scratch, you hear a sharp screech of metal being severed as you collide with Kyuchi taking him out of the way of the madman's gunfire.

You hear the click of an empty gun and turn to see the man now standing in full light.
He is wearing a bulletproof tactical vest with a long sleeve black shirt beneath it. His olive drab cargo pants are tucked into his polished black boots. His face is covered in light grey paint with a white X going over it.

He grimaces and drops the gun he doesn't bother going for his bowstaff, he reaches for the small of his back and withdraws an extending police baton. With a click it slides out.

The 4 guards surround him with guns drawn. Death is imminent for this man but he seems unconcerned only extremely focused as his eyes dart from person to person.

>Help the stranger
>Help the guards
>Watch

Need d20 for first 2 choices.
>>
Forgot to clarify.
First 4 were for the guards to stop him. 5th roll was his attempt at his plan.
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>903362
>Help the stranger
Fuck that, let's not have this poor bastard die.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>903362
>Watch
Begin question Kyuchi about what he shipped.
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>903362

Help the stranger

This could be another opportunity to have someone else join our little band.
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>903362
>>Help the stranger
>>
>>903362
>>Watch
>>
Rolled 15, 11, 18 = 44 (3d20)

The Guards inch forward yelling at the man to give up. He sighs and collapses his Baton and raises his hands.
The guards rack their weapons and you know he isn't walking away you get up and begin running to him.

In a flash of movement the man launches his collapsed baton hitting a red button. You hear a loud hum and feel yourself coming off the ground, you notice the soldiers guns being ripped from their hands exceot for the man on point who refuses to release and is yanked into the air.

You change back to skin and watch as the point man finally releases his grip and hits the ground with a thud. The stranger's gun and bowstaff also fly into the air. He pulls a dull grey gun from his pocket and pulls back a large plunger on the back, it appears to be a modified plastic toy.

He fires it into one guard's neck and you see a small dart sticking from his neck. He collapses and the man turns his attention to the two remaining guards, raising his fists.

>Fight the man
>Fight the guards
>Fight both
>Write-In

D20 for all.

Rolling Guard-Guard-Stranger.
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>903578

Fight the guards

This stranger rolls much better than Recurve, we definitely need to get him on our team
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>903578
>Fight the guards
Roll forward and assimilate as much concrete as we can
>>
>>903578
>>Fight both
>>
You take a running start and turn it into a combat roll assimilating concrete into your arms, you wrap your stone arm around the throat of one guard and hold him until he passes out.

As you do that you watch the stranger combat the final guard.

The Guard goes for a jab but is intercepted on the way, the stranger quickly and brutally holds the wrist in place while violently forcing the elbow in the opposite direction, a sound like wet firewood popping is followed quickly by screams. He uses the advantage of having the arm in his control to spin and slam the guard face first into the ground. He's unconscious.

The Stranger turns to look at you as you drop the limp man to the ground.

"Get out of my way. I have business with Kyuchi."

>Go ahead
>You can try to move me
>I need answers first, we can work together.
>Write-In
>>
>>903746
I need answers first, we can work together
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>903746
>I need answers first,
"And not just from him."
>>
>>903746
>>I need answers first, we can work together.
>>
"I'm going to need answers first, and not just from him." You say putting a hand on his chest

He looks at you, his brown eyes dead.

"Then ask the questions while you have the time, and tell your friend to out his arrow back in it's quiver if he wants to keep breathing." The stranger says as he pushes past you going to the button, hitting it and going to dig through the weaponry that came crashing down.

You walk over to Kyuchi who was slowly inching on his stomach to try and get away. You grab him by the back of his neck and haul him up throwing him against a wall.

"Christ..please..I'll tell you anything." He says

The once all confident mobster now devolved into a sniveling mess

>What do you ask him?
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>903864
What were you shipping?
You working with meta humans?
Who's backing them?
Whys that guy got a hard on for seeing your grey matter on a wall.
>>
>>903908
>>903213
Dude, your dice are fucking blessed.
>>
"What were you shipping?
You working with meta humans?
Who's backing them?
Whys that guy got a hard on for seeing your grey matter on a wall?" You ask in a flurry of questions to rival your first with the Doctor.

"We were supplying military grade assault rifles and explosives to a PMC planning to operate within the city soon.
I only worked with the one freak, he was hired from Darwin's Dream a PMC that specializes in soldiers that can do any job. Also I've never met that man in my life, you aren't going to let him kill me are you?"

>No, I wont
>That's up to him
>Write in
>>
>>904124
Kill? Nah. Fuck you up? That's his call.
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>904124
>No, I wont
So long as you do what I say, when I say.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>904124
>>No, I wont

With >>904130
>>
>>904130

This
>>
>>904130
This, right here.
>>
"Kill you? I wouldn't dream of it, letting him fuck you up well..you'll have to talk to him about that." As you say those last words you push Kyuchi to the Stranger

"Do not kill him." You say firmly

The glazed brown eyes of the stranger look at you.
"And if I do?" He asks

"You'll find it hard to shoot with all the bones in your hands turned to dust, and instead of letting my friend shoot you or just laying you out, I let you do your business. You owe me." You say with the same firm manner.

"Hm. I guess so, I will be torturing him however. Non-Negotiable he needs to answer some personal questions of mind and I'm decidedly less scary than a walking brick." He says his face staying neutral

He drags Kyuchi off and tossed him into the boat along with a rifle from one of the crates and an RPG.

"Wait." You say

He turns around as he steps onto the boat's ramp. He raises an eyebrow

>Who are you?
>Lets work together sometime
>Dont ever let me see you again
>Write-In
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>904124
>>904130
>Kill? Nah. Fuck you up? That's his call.
>>
>>904323
>>Who are you?
>Also how you carry yourself can do so much more than for scaring people than powers.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>904323
>Lets work together sometime
>>
>>904323
>>Who are you?
>>
>>904323
>Who are you?
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>904323
Who you working for?
>>
>>904323
>Who are you?

Also, if the offer of lewds from last thread still stands, I totally want lewds. Just caught up, love it so far.
>>
"It isn't about your powers, it's about how you assert yourself. I think we could work together in the fure" You say to the man

He considers what you said and nods.
"I'll think about it, if I want too I'll find you. anything else?" He asks

"One more thing..who are you?" You ask him

"Richard Rook. But I go by Grieve." He says flatly as he opens the door to the cock pit and the boat begins drifting away.

As you leave the cannery you can already hear the screaming.

"That didn't solve the Jam problem but without those guns he wanted to sell he's going to be too strapped for cash and have a PMC on his ass. So we sort of saved the day..in a way." Recurve quips as you both walk down the rapidly dimming streets.

"I guess we did, look I need to get home and get some rest. I made it through the day without our resident Psycho Doctor calling so I'm a little unnerved." You say

Recurve nods and offers a simple good night before firing off a grappling arrow and zipping to a roof top.

You make it back to the apartment and walk up the stairs when you hear yelling again. The same fucking couple going at it, everytime you wanted to sleep.

>Kick in the door
>Knock on the door
>Go to bed and ignore them
>>
>>904481
>Assimilate concrete outside and have it cover a large portion of your body under your clothes, then knock on the door.
>>
>>904481
>Knock on the door

I'd fucking love it if this was a recurring thing that never got resolved.
>>
>>904481
>>Knock on the door
>>
>>904481

>Knock knock
>>
File: rook.jpg (80KB, 736x980px) Image search: [Google]
rook.jpg
80KB, 736x980px
>>904481
>Richard Rook
>Rook
>>
You assimilate some of the concrete from the stairs so it covers everything under your clothes.

Knock knock

"WHO THE FUCK-" yells the man as he swings open the door

He has a bandaged nose and his face goes red when he sees you.

"You fucker!" He screams as he goes to punch you

The stone spreads to your jaw and you hear the crunch of broken fingers on rock.

He nurses his hand letting iut a string of curses, his girlfriend cowering behind him.

>Knock him out
>Leave
>Write-In
>>
>>904532
>>Knock him out
"If I have to keep coming back here I will get annoyed."
>>
>>904545

This, then remind the dumb bitch she should leave this loser.
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>904532
>Knock him out
"Seriously, you deserve better than this. I can offer you all the chances in the world, but you have to make the decision yourself.

I know it's hard, and sometimes terrifying, but would you rather live in the fear of what you know is here for the rest of your life?"
>>
>>904532
"Keep it down fuck face"
>>
>>904532
These
>>904545
>>904548
>>
"If I have to come back here again, I'll be annoyed." You say this then deliver a solid jab to thet jaw putting the man on his ass.

"Leave this fucking loser already." You shout into the apartment.

You head upstairs to your own apartment and crawl into bed after removing your outfit. You put your face into the cold pillow and pass out in minutes.
>>
That's today's thread. What do you guys think of Mr.Rook? I'm very curious.
>>
I'd also like to hear any theories on who Rook is and what his background is. See if anyone can guess what I thought up for him.
>>
>>904705
Kyuchi was closely tied in with the death of someone close to him, which triggered his latent powers.
>>
>>904695
Rook's pretty neat so far. Not quite sure as to his powers yet, but I like his style. Grieve's an awesome name. As far as background goes, I'm guessing he's after the people who killed someone close to him. Grieve suggests loss, and something like a coma or serious injury wouldn't draw that kind of emotion, I think.
>>
>>904705
I am guessing a Punisher riff.
>>
>>904799
I am a huge punisher fan (Mostly Millers run and the MAX series) . But it's hard to build a lot of characrer with "big man with guns is angry"
But as a man who loves writing as descriptively as possible and ultra-violence. I hope we get to some good scenes that really flesh out the kind of guy this is.
I'll add him to the pastebin.
>>
http://pastebin.com/wmyZqSFG

Updated Bin.
Also, lewds are in the making. Will keep you guys up to date. Anymore comments or questions?
>>
>>904879
Just that this quest is rad as hell. Also read the paste, I was thinking that he either didn't have powers, or that if he did, they were related to either weapon/armor making or combat effectiveness. Nothing's confirmed yet, so I guess we'll find out (or not)!
>>
We resume in a half hour.
>>
You wake up. Roll out of bed, get a water.

Same routine.

As you guzzle your water you remember that you promised the old man you'd train to fight for his gym in the upcoming tourney.

>Go to the gym and train (Begin timeskip)

>Bail on the man (what else would you like to do?)
>>
>Go to the gym and train
>>
>>905847
>>Go to the gym and train (Begin timeskip)
>>
>>905847
Learning how to flash-assimilate material could be really helpful for stealth, i.e. we quickly assimilate the plastic of the mouthguard for our jaw, right as we're about to get punched
>>
>>905847
>>
You out on a pair of sweatpants and a white tank top before heading to the gym.

==TIMESKIP==
You will have one week to train for the tournament. You can choose to focus all your time on one aspect of training or evenly divide your time.

7 points to distribute.

Tactics - unlocks more options in a fight
Power - You do more damage with your hands and feet
Evasion - Enemy rolls must be higher to hit you in melee
Will - The ability to take extreme pain and not tap out
Speed - The ability to deliver multiple hits at one time
Intimidation - Opponents less likely to attack

You have 7 points to distribute
>>
>>905917
4 in will 2 in power and 1 in tactics.
>>
>>905917
2 tactics 2 power 1 evasion 1 speed 1 will
>>
>>905933
2nd
>>
>>905933
third
>>
>>905933

This works
>>
What would 7 power or speed be like?
>>
>>905917
Put em all in intimidation
>>
Life came up. Will update you guys as soon as possible.
>>
>>906282
Hope all is well.
>>
We resume in 10
>>
You spend your week in intense training. Surprisingly no more events come up to keep you from getting better at your fighting and ability to notice how your opponent thinks.

You're doused in sweat and towel off on your last day of training. The tournament starts tomorrow.

You get the form from your trainer and fill it out requesting your equipment. First up is your hand wear.

>Boxing Tape
>Boxing Gloves
>MMA Gloves
>Bare Knuckle
>>
>>915290
>>Boxing Tape
Good amount of defense for hands and still enough to assimilate
>>
>>915290
>>Boxing Tape
>>
>>915290
>Boxing Tape
>>
>Boxing Tape

We gotta win this fight without our powers. Lest the opponent uses some form of power ,we should try to be real about it. Since if we get caught it'll probably be disqualification and lose Mr.Miyagi his chance at making his gym great again
>>
>Boxing Tape
How tough is this stuff? We could assimilate the skin thats covered to it to get a slight bonus
>>
>>915290
>>Boxing Tape

No powers, we should win by our own merits.
>>
>>915290
>>MMA Gloves
>>
I was really enjoying this quest. Its to bad it had to go and die on us.
Thread posts: 224
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.