[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Black Company Quest #16

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9

File: Quest Cover.jpg (216KB, 642x924px) Image search: [Google]
Quest Cover.jpg
216KB, 642x924px
"Black Hearts. Cold Steel. Dark Deeds."

These are the words of the Black Company, the infamous band of mercenaries that has been on one side or the other of every major conflict on the continent since its founding.
The Company has seldom cared who they fight for or the cause so long as they are paid, and paid well, when the killing work is done. Though they may be considered by some to be little more than glorified brigands, it cannot be said that the Black Company is not good at what they do.

Recently the Company has taken up a contract with a new employer, one more powerful than any that have come before. An employer with endless ambition, as well as the means and lack of moral scruples needed to pursue it. An employer that pays well...

----------------------------------------------

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BlackCompany666
/qst/ Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Black%20Company%20Quest
/qst/ Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Black%20Company%20Quest
Previous Thread: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/871773/
Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/edSP44tR
>>
Ok
>>
File: 18198749._SX540_.jpg (34KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
18198749._SX540_.jpg
34KB, 540x304px
>>892195
You are Lieutenant 'Prince'. A seasoned NCO of the Black Company that, through a cruel twist of fate, found yourself landed with an officer's commission. Now you find yourself in command of the 7th Kiregstrom Shocktroopers, a position with more responsibility and scrutiny than you ever wanted.

7th Kriegstrom Platoon
Comprised of the most well-armed and armoured troops, 7th Platoon offers the meanest, fiercest and, given the mortality rate, dumbest soldiers to be found in the Black Company. A more bizarre collection of fighting men and women has likely never been seen. Down-on-their-luck heroes with a magic swords and brooding pasts like Cairsun; escaped slaves with a penchant for magik like Nissar; disgruntled veterans of the Nuemunster Legions like Coporal ‘Jack’ Marcus; Scarred Wildborn ‘Smiles’ because fighting is really all a Wildborn knows; aging Skald huscarls like Hirstun of Ligh that should have retired long ago. You even have a mute rotten undead warrior, ‘Mask’, which is one even you haven’t heard before. Nevermind the fekking Dragon.

They’re your men. Mercenaries, that kill for money. Warriors, with the right degree of pride and stubbornness. Soldiers, that fight for the man next to them. You never wanted this position, deciding who dies where. Dark Father knows it’s only a matter of time before you get them all killed.

Recap
Following the fall of the Neumunster city of Sarsburg several weeks ago, your Employer has sent his unholy host spread throughout the entirety of the western and northern reaches of the Neumunster Nation. While the main part of the Company and the undead went west to Oxenfurt Bridge, you were tasked with the seizure of the northern town of Kresden.

Having taken Kresden mostly intact, at the cost of a few comrades to the ravenous Grenn, the rest of the province should follow in short order. For now though, you're busy stopping your own men doing more damage to the town in occupying it than they ever did in taking it.
>>
Enslave them all! Raid and pillow!
>>
File: sigh.png (197KB, 495x225px) Image search: [Google]
sigh.png
197KB, 495x225px
>>892207
>Nearly midnight
>"Oh I'll sleep then and wake up early because I got stuff to do"
>Black Company thread
Goddamn you QM
>>
Can we recruit men and women for a cannon fodder draft? We could become an unstoppable wave of people raiding the whole countryside.
>>
>>892215
Ditto
>>
>>892207

”I liked what I saw last night, sir.” CPL 'White Bitch' Tara leans in with a hungry grin and whispers conspiratorially “You ever done it in a church?”

"Yes, yes I have. Well, technically not a church per-se but it probably counts. You ponder the CPL's offer for a moment; issues like rank, favouritism and sexual frustration are considered in turn. Father, it's been a while. Ah fek it, why turn down a willing and attractive woman? It will be on your terms though. "But we're not putting on a fekking show for the troops, Corporal. I'm staying at the manor. Report to my room tonight for your... debriefing."

You feel a smug sense of satisfaction at CPL ‘White Bitch’ Tara’s taken aback expression, however she quickly recovers.

“Done. Was wondering when you’d grow some balls, ‘your lordship’.” She grunts, nodding at your shoulder. A thin trail of red is pouring from underneath your battered shoulder plate [HP: 19/25]. ”What happened there? Didn’t see that Dog-fek put so much of a touch on you.”

“Ach.” You shrug, then wince. ”That Cataphract got in a good one. I kind of let it lie for a bit.

”Idiot.” ‘White Bitch’ deadpans without affection. ”Get it seen to.”

It’s not so bad, a few days rest will see you right as rain. If you stick around now then you’re bound to be late for them town council meeting with the other LT’s.

---------------------------------

> “I should be going, I’ll get it looked at after the townsfolk are squared away.” [Courage]

>”Actually, I wanted to talk to about Snake. He’s one of yours isn’t he?” [Elite]

>”Right, right. I hope the Sisters aren’t too harsh on a Dark Father-botherer like me.” [Clever]

>”Soon . I’d like to hear your thoughts on our new recruit, Saint.” [Experience]
>>
>>892215
>>892226
Hah! Apologies fellas, where do you lads hail from?

>>892225
The vast portion of people currently in Kresden have fled there from the very same countryside you propose using them to raid.

So desertion would be on an unparalleled scale, mutiny if you arm enough of them.
>>
>>892231
>”Actually, I wanted to talk to about Snake. He’s one of yours isn’t he?” [Elite]
>>
>>892231
>>”Actually, I wanted to talk to about Snake. He’s one of yours isn’t he?” [Elite]

>>892240
British Columbia, PST time. 5 minutes to midnight right now. Will probably drop out soon enough and read the rest in the morning.
>>
>>892231
>>
>>892247
Don't worry my fellow Royalist, this will be a shorter session than usual. May your dreams be as sweet as your maple syrup.
>>
>>892231

caught it live, which is always tricky with est.
>>
>>892231
>>
File: Capable Runt.jpg (239KB, 540x1409px)
Capable Runt.jpg
239KB, 540x1409px
>>892242
>>892247
>>892252
>>892273
>>892276

”Actually, I wanted to talk to about Snake. He’s one of yours isn’t he?” You can still make the meeting on time easy enough, but that… behaviour beforehand needs to be addressed.

”Yeah, course I got stuck with the bleedin’ elf. Calls himself THE Snake. Fekkin wanker.” ‘White Bitch’ gives a noncommittal flick of the wrist. ”Damn fast little twerp though. Can carve a body up like a dwarven warmachine on speedo. Why?”

”A little unpleasantness earlier with the locals. Him and a few rangers had cornered a girl…”

”Fekking again? Why can’t the knife-ears pay for it like every other sorry bastard in this cohort?” The Corporal starts to spit contemptuously. She remembers that she’s in a church and thinks better of it. He give you trouble?”

”Something like that. Nothing worth a Captain’s Court, but still…”

”You’re one of them Blackguards right?” You nod. ”Fekkin easy then, so is he. Challenge the noncey prick, beat him blue and be done with it. One, no issue of you being a tosspot and abusing rank powers. Two, the little shit learns his place. Three, the rest of this sorry lot will think twice before giving you lip as well.”

‘White Bitch’ grins as she finishes counting off her points on her fingers. A feat made somewhat less impressive as she didn’t need to utilise her injured arm.

------------------------------------------

> “I want to set an example. Rape, murder, insurbodination. That won’t fly. But I need to do so as an officer.” [Heart of Gold +1; Elite]

> I want to set an example. Rape, murder, insurbodination. That won’t fly. I’ll beat it into them if I have to.” [Heart of Gold + 1; Courage]

>”The trouble isn’t the rape, it’s them being so fekkin obvious about it. I’ll have to show him the hard way.” [Black Heart +1; Experience]

> The trouble isn’t the rape, it’s them being so fekkin obvious about it. But I don’t have to bash his head in to do it.” [Black Heart +1; Experience]
>>
>>892288
>> I want to set an example. Rape, murder, insurbodination. That won’t fly. I’ll beat it into them if I have to.” [Heart of Gold + 1; Courage]
>>
>>892288
>> I want to set an example. Rape, murder, insurbodination. That won’t fly. I’ll beat it into them if I have to.” [Heart of Gold + 1; Courage]
We may be in a mercenary company with many people of dubious morality, but that don't mean we have to tolerate evil shit going on where we can at least see it
>>
>>892288
>number three
>>
>>892288
>>> I want to set an example. Rape, murder, insurbodination. That won’t fly. I’ll beat it into them if I have to.” [Heart of Gold + 1; Courage]
>>
>>892288

> I want to set an example. Rape, murder, insurbodination. That won’t fly. I’ll beat it into them if I have to.” [Heart of Gold + 1; Courage]

The thing though is it's really a mix of the two. Having the town hear about the rape is a problem, yes, but it's relatively minor.

Insubordination about the rape is a big fucking issue though. You listen to your superiors, no questions asked. you don't get pissy and try to start something.
>>
>>892300
You can put that forward as an alternative option.

A quick beating for the insubordination, but deal with regular discipline issues as they come officer-style.
>>
>>892300
Very true.
>>
>>892300
Yeah, I support more of this approach as well.

Rape isn't great, but the biggest problem by far was the insubordination.
>>
>>892300
Supportan. Gotta show that not listening when told off isn't good for your health.
>>
>>892240
This is some insidious British(?) plot to deprive honest hardworking red-blooded Americans of precious sleep, it is.
>>
>>892288
>>
>>892300
Supporting, but challenge the Snake when we're fully healed.
>>
>>892322
No, it's a shitposting plot.
>>
>>892322
The sun never sets on the British Empire, mate.

>>892325
Well...

>>892300
>>892305
>>892308
>>892319
>>892322
>>892323
>>892324
>>892325

Fair enough. Essentially you will still challenge 'The Snake' with the intention of teaching him lesson. However the aim will be focusing on obedience to YOU and not ensuring general better behaviour.

Also I have to apologise, I will be leaving off after the next post. The good news is, with /qst/ as dead as it is, we should be able to pick this up again early on this Sunday and I'll be able to fully focus on it and you gents will hopefully find it a more godly hour.
>>
>>892333
But I like this hour...
>>
>>892333
All our subordinates get the choice: they can either fall in line or they can get promoted. Even the maddest of them would be hard pressed to go against that.

>>892334
I got 3 hours before work, this is bullshit early.
>>
>>892343
>they can either fall in line or they can get promoted

You can't promote everyone anon, haha. Though I suppose insubordination would disqualify them right out.
>>
”I’m no fan of rapists and that sort of scum in the ranks, but that’s not the problem here.” You stroke your chin, the stubbles of missed hair annoying you. ”The problem is the disobedience. I’m going to put a stop to that. And I’m going to do it as fekking hard as it needs to be.”

”Huh, thought you were gonna go all preacher on me for a moment there. You’re right, them acting up is one thing. But it’s them acting up to you that calls for the beating.” With a lustful wink ‘White Bitch’ takes her leave. ”Best get to that meeting of yours. See you later, Prince.”

The Manor isn’t too far from the Temple, but you haven’t even turned the corner when the crash of breaking glass alerts you. Quickening your pace you see four more rangers, making a fekking nuisance of themselves again. You grit your teeth in frustration. Can’t they hold off for one fekking moment?

The four Zikashi sisters. Brown-skinned, hard, wiry women as deadly with their knives as they were with their massive warbows, on horse or foot. Even among the rangers they keep to themselves, laughing and talking in their own circle but content with sullen silence in the presence of anyone else. Only the eldest, with the war paint, ever talks to anyone as she does so in single words where possible.

You never paid them much heed, but now they’re smashing and looting this shop. Which makes them your business. Currently the youngest, just finishing her transition from lanky boy-looking creature to full-bodied woman. Next to her a face-down figure dressed in upstreet townsman clothes groans, his head slightly bloody. And squatting next to him, biting down on a Gelt coin…

[1/2]
>>
File: Trooper Vendis Durvano.png (260KB, 633x1025px) Image search: [Google]
Trooper Vendis Durvano.png
260KB, 633x1025px
>>892356
[2/2]

”Vendis FEKKING Durvano.”

You’re a little too surprised to be angry at one of your old team from 2nd Squad. ”What is this? And why the fek aren’t you on the walls with CPL ‘Jack’ Marcus?”

”Arrrr, Capn! It warms me sore heart to see ya so hale and hearty. The kindly Corporal has a billet in place now for the walls, I’m on in two hours.” The ex-pirate from the Sabari Isles gives you a winning grin, made all the more pretty with his missing teeth haphazardly replaced with gold or other cheaper metals.

”It’s Lieutenant, not Captain Trooper. Unlike Nissar you have no excuse to fek up the ranks. Now what is going on here?”

He gestures to the broken windows and slightly battered shop, door knocked off of its hinges as further crashing ensues inside.

”As for this? Harhar, just a wee mite o’ rekkysiton.”

”Rekky… you mean -requisition-?”

”Thats the one, by thunder!” Trooper Durvano slaps his knee with a laugh. ”Anyway, our mutual acquaintance Brento gave up a list of well-to-do townsfolk which might be of a particular interest.”

Trooper Vendis Durvano must see something in your scowl that shows you’re not in the mood for this. He holds up a palm placatingly.

”Easy, El-Tee. Turning a bind eye to some of Brento’s activities, provided he’s reasonable about it, was part of the deal of him harbouring us for the night. In return we get the pickings of those which might be the most useful for us.”

”And what would we find ‘most useful’.” You’re quite sure Durvano’s definition of ‘useful’ is likely restricted to tits and gold.

”Weapons, matey. Weapons.” The ex-pirate’s grin grows ever wider. ”This here shop holds prisoner the finest weapons in the county. Me and these here lovely little pretties sought to liberate them. For the good of the Company, you see?”

At this he reaches out to pat the eldest Zikashi sister on the should, but quickly retracts it as her hand shoots to a wicked looking dagger at her side. He smiles nervously.

”Ah, short tempers. And rude. And not much for talk. Fekking bitches actually. But other than that, yar they be quite lovely companions. Care to join us, chief?”

---------------------------------------------

>”You had me at requisitions, ‘matey’. Let’s have a looksee.” [Clever]

>”There’s a process for this. Papers of renumeration and that sort of shite for the locals. Leave off.” [Elite]

>”I’ve had enough of troublemakers today. Bugger off, Vendis and take the sirens. We’ll come back for it later, proper-like.” [Courage]

>”Fine. But it’s not a free for all, we collect it and distribute the good stuff later. No sticky fingers.” [Experience]
>>
>>892359
>”Fine. But it’s not a free for all, we collect it and distribute the good stuff later. No sticky fingers.” [Experience]
>>
>>892359
>>
File: Captain levels with Corporal.gif (3MB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
Captain levels with Corporal.gif
3MB, 500x282px
That's the last one for tonight. I'll pick up on the vote (and probably cast the roll for LOOT) in between now and the 4th.

See ya'll then.
>>
>>892359

Is best for the company as a whole and should cause the least amount of friction with the harpies, as they'll still get loot.

Unless Snake tries to get tricksy with the loot pile, but that seems somewhat really dumb.

The bugger off option is just asking for trouble, and you had me at requisitions is not how an officer should act.

The papers enumeration is really only effective at placating the locals, and only if they give us shit. We can say yeah, we'll totally pay you back for what we take. But fuck them, they got nothing to hold us to that promise, I mean we kind of murdered their fighting force, have a dragon, and have complete control of the town.
>>
>>892363
See ya, thanks fer runnin
>>
>>892359
>>”I’ve had enough of troublemakers today. Bugger off, Vendis and take the sirens. We’ll come back for it later, proper-like.” [Courage]
>>
>>892359
>>
>>892359
>Fine. But it’s not a free for all, we collect it and distribute the good stuff later. No sticky fingers.” [Experience]
>>
>>892359
>>
>>892359
>>”Fine. But it’s not a free for all, we collect it and distribute the good stuff later. No sticky fingers.” [Experience]
>>892359
how did the interview go?
>>
>>892359

Make sure to point out that you would appreciate going over the more choice items with him later to ensure. . . Even distribution.
>>
>>892359
>>
>>892359
>>”Fine. But it’s not a free for all, we collect it and distribute the good stuff later. No sticky fingers. And don't kill the shopkeep unless he gives you trouble. The last thing we need is some young shopkeep's son out for revenge. Trust me on that one. I read books.”
>>
>>892359
Mmmm loot is good, whos shop is this anyway? If the guy is a good weaponsmith we should look into "aqcuiring" his skills, through persusion, force or otherwise. A good weaponsmith on hand hand is nice, but the BEST in the land could teach our supply boys a few things and maybe even buff our base line kit! Im for exp option.
>>
>>892363
You lied to us
>>
File: 1333587677556.jpg (58KB, 624x352px) Image search: [Google]
1333587677556.jpg
58KB, 624x352px
>>903970
Maybe he meant Australian Monday?
>>
>>904914
Is it aussie monday yet?
>>
>>906511
Long passed, didn't QM say he had an important job thingy coming up? I'm okay with waiting if it lands him a cushy job.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.