[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Civ Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: Civilization races.jpg (3MB, 2700x6000px) Image search: [Google]
Civilization races.jpg
3MB, 2700x6000px
Civ Thread, we will be using this image and another in a subsequent post. Any race that has overlap between the two images please specify which one you would like to use.

Rules
1) Ties are decided by first post
2) Be as specific as you want with your choices, description is encouraged.
>EX: Player votes for choice A "Run away" but adds description, "Run away towards the river, maybe we can lose them in the water"
3) Rolls are not necessary unless I specify
4) Have fun

First 3 decide Race and Starting location
>>
File: Civilization (new).jpg (962KB, 1841x3681px) Image search: [Google]
Civilization (new).jpg
962KB, 1841x3681px
>>889844
>>
>>889844
>Fairy
>Ruins
>>
>>889844
>>889862
>Fairy
>Ruins
Yes, let's do it.
>>
>Humans
>Ruins
>>
>Fairies
>Moon

Magic IN SPACE
>>
>>889884
>>889868
>>889862
Fairies win the vote, 2 votes for ruins and 1 for moon
>>
>>889884
>>889887
Ok, I did not see the Moon option. Switching my vote. Moon fairies!
>>
2 for moon and 1 for ruins

ill keep the vote going another 5 minutes otherwise we can lock in the moon
>>
>>889905
Any reason it couldn't be a ruin on the living moon?
>>
Faeries on the moon locked in!

A torrential downpour of cold water pulls you from your slumber, eyes jerking open as the cold deluge envelopes you. Blinding light welcomes your weary eyes and you shield yourself from the burning brilliance. Shaking your head you groan in a most un-fae manner, this day was already starting quite poorly. As your vision adjusted the details of your world came into focus. From your perch within the flower bud you could make out the rolling forest around you, extending as far as your tiny eyes could see. Closer lie the crumbling stones of the ruins you called home, the many columns and walls being rapidly overcome with foliage. And more than a few flowers...although that had been the doing of Teysa. You shook your wings, clearing what water remained in them, that drop of dew was quite the wake up call.

A) Make your rounds
B) Return to sleep
C) Other

Population: 6 Faeries, 1 Priestess, Mayalae (you)
Resources: None
Food: 16 units
Tools: None
>>
>>889950
>A) Make your rounds
Still grumpy
>>
>>889950
A) Make your rounds.
>>889959
Definitely still grumpy.
>>
Its time to start the day, even if you're unhappy about, things need to be done. You flutter your wings experimentally, ensuring they are completely dry before gliding from your perch. You flit about the ruins occasionally rousing a slumbering faerie. Your foul mood pervades you and the traditionally cheerful fae scowl and avoid your tiny rampage. Suddenly a face appears before yours, its bright eyes the opposite of your melancholy. It's Teysa, the priestess, her auburn hair shining in the sunlight. She bobs about happily telling you of some wonderful portent she had scried in the morning dew and with her delicate hands clutching yours tried to pull you towards her temple.

A) Tell the priestess to piss off
B) Follow her
C) Demand to know more
D) Other

Population: 6 Faeries, 1 Priestess, Mayalae

Sorry about the delay Real life reared up
>>
>>890087
> B. Follow her, but slowly, we're too tired and stiff to try to resist the bubbly energy morning person.
>>
>>890087
>B) Follow her
>>
You begrudgingly follow the cheerful sprite providing enough resistance to her tugging that she begins to grunt with exertion. The beautiful fae sighs and continues to pull you remarking that scowling will give you wrinkles hundreds of years early. You roll your eyes as you ascend to her temple, a twisted knot of gnarled roots and flowers. She releases your hand as she wriggles between the roots to gain entry her transparent wings folded tightly to her slender back. You groaned again, having forgotten what a chore it was to access the temple and began your journey inside, grumbling throughout. Teysa had already made it inside and was sure to cast a few jabs your direction, likening your foul temperament to that of an old dwarf and insisted that troggoths were more graceful than you. With an irritated burst of energy you emerge from the nest of tangled foliage plopping down onto the creeper strewn floor of the temple. The temple was large by faerie standards, its ceiling extending almost 6 feet in height. The chamber formed a perfect circle and at its center sat an altar of heartwood. Teysa grabbed your hand once more, tugging in the direction of the altar. You noticed the Celestial flower was in Solar Bloom, something you had missed missed when you entered.

A) Scold Teysa for teasing you
B) Explore the temple
C) Leave, you have other matters to attend to
D) Inquire about the Flower
E) Other

>>
>>890173
>B) Explore the temple
>>
>>890173
>E) Ask her what she was so excited to bring us here about.
>>
>>890217
>>890186
Tie will be broken in 5 minutes
>>
>>890235
I feel like this is again an "easily combined" situation. We can look around while talking.
>>
You pull away from Teysa's grip and began flitting about the temple. Teysa stares at you for a moment before sighing and floating behind you, clearly she had been excited about something. The walls of the temple were a mix of stone and wood, Teysa having weaved her abode with the utmost care. As you circled the main room you came upon a few entrances, one led to a meditation chamber, another to Teysa's storehouse. You noted that she had quite the stockpile of berries, far more than any faerie could reasonably consume. The last entrance led to Teysa's bedchamber, the gap in the wall covered with a thin curtain of moss and gossamer. You debated entering, although it would certainly be rude to do so.

A) Enter the bedchamber
B) Inquire about the food stores
C) Return to what Teysa wanted to show you
D) Other

>>
>>890326
>C) Return to what Teysa wanted to show you
>>
>>890311
I like to have you guys run the story as much as possible, i feel my merging two distinct votes detracts from the level of control you as the players have. Im simply here to tell the story.
>>
>>890359
>C. Return to what Teysa wanted to show you.

>>890368
I feel like they aren't that meaningfully distinct. As shown by my fellow's vote, Anon was also interested in this. It's just a matter of priority, which we do first.

If person one chooses go left, and one chooses go right, yeah, those are distinct. But if one person chooses go left, and the other person says whistle, why not go left while whistling?
>>
>>890473
True, my apologies im new at this.

You decide against prying further, although it was not so much your better moral judgement than it was the seemingly physical sense of impatience radiating from Teysa. Slowly you turn and ask that she show you whatever had been so important. The Faerie erupted into a joyful outburst, her wings fluttering loudly. With newfound glee she grabbed both your wrists and dragged you across the floor before the altar. "Notice anything?" Teysa asked excitedly. You surveyed the altar, the Celestial Flower was large, easily 8 inches across and in full bloom. Its Solar aspect raidated a warm orange light and you felt wonderfully energized as you stared at its petals. You don't notice much else aside from a plethora of golden nectar droplets near the center of the blossom and inform Teysa of such. Your tone seems to annoy Teysa as whatever meaning she was hoping to convey was lost on you. "It's in SOLAR BLOOM Mayalae, in December!" Her eyes were wild and bright, "I woke up this morning to it like this...I haven't done any part of the ritual or asked for it in my prayers! It just happened!" Her energy was almost infectious but your morning lack of enthusiasm was quite strong and your obvious lack of understanding didn't help in this manner. "You don't pay attention at all in my sermons Mayalae." Teysa groaned a hint of irritation in her voice. "A natural Solar bloom, in a lunar month with no preparation by a priestess has only happened once before." She picked up a globe of nectar and held it out to you. "She wants to speak to you, I met her this morning, She's beautiful Mayalae and she wants to speak with YOU!"

A)Reject the Nectar
B)Inquire further
C) Maybe Later
D) Other

>>
>>890667
>B): Aw, darn, I was hoping you had finally found a guy. Just another girl?
+Grumpy Snark Fairy.
>>
You roll your eyes, "I was under the impression that this was a matter of great importance Teysa, not you playing matchmaker again." You let out a before continuing, "Besides I'm so bored of girls! Its all the same parts! I mean would you enjoy eating nothing but berries ? No sometimes you want a bit of variety!" Teysa looks beyond flabbergasted at your response, the drop of nectar quivering in her hands. "And furthermore," you continue, morning irritation bolstering you already snarky attitude. " Do you really consider me so shallow as to only care about her looks? I'm a woman of substance you know!"

Teysa stared at you for a moment, before her face twisted in unconstrained annoyance. "You vain idiot! I should turn you into a toad but I'd be insulting the beast! SHE, you moron, Alvia? Fae Goddess? Ringing any bells you thickheaded oaf?" Her voice rang out across the chamber and echoed off the stone walls.

A) Apologize (Requires roll 1 D100)
B) Remain Indignant
C) Leave
D) Other

>>
>>890841
> D): Let her be angry, resist smiling as best you can. The best way to help a bad attitude is to spread it. Maybe she'll calm down, if we let her rail.
>>
You decide to allow the priestess her rampage and perhaps stoke her fire a bit. "Alvia? Never heard of her." You remark casually, barely hiding a smile, "Perhaps all the nectar has gone to your head, you really should get out more. Being cooped up in here so much has driven you batty!" You watched with amusement as the priestess quivered with anger, her auburn hair bristling like an angry cat. "Buffoon! Oaf! Ignorant Imbecile! Idiot! Moron! Heretic! Vain Cow of a Fae!" Teysa was ailing off every curse she knew and a few even you couldn't understand. What was a baka anyway? Suddenly Teysa let out a scream far to throaty for her slender form and a conjured a bolt of coruscating green energy in her fingers. Suddenly the bolt hissed past your head, narrowly avoiding your ear before splashing on the stone floor. You could smell your singed hair as Teysa readied another bolt. Fear gripped you, Teysa was prone to her outbursts, her happy form often giving way to quite a dangerous little imp, but this seemed to be her worst mood yet. Perhaps you had provoked her too much?

A) Fight back
B) RUN!
C) Reason with her
D) Other

All of these choices will require rolls, which will be specified when the decision is made.

>>
Rolled 15 (1d100)

>>891099
> B. RUN!
We're all fairies, so it probably won't kill us, but, still, that looks like it would sting MOST uncomfortably. Let's show her we're not an old dwarf when we're motivated. Let's escape, give her a few raspberries, and lose her among the Marsh Rushes. Then we'll do whatever we want for the rest of the day! She'll tell us what's so important later after she calms down.
>>
>>891137
Im going to leave the story here tonight as a bit of a cliffhanger while I mull over the details of the world. Unfortunately I have work tonight. If there is any interest in continuing the story let me know and i will continue tomorrow.

A special thanks to you Resplendent Wave for hanging around the whole time, I had fun!
>>
>>891286
Hah! No problem. Real props to whoever spotted fairies on that list. :)

Honestly, at this point, I'm feeling a little bit more of a "sneaky snitchy fairy has to go on an adventure vibe" than "civ" vibe, at the moment. And that's definitely not a bad thing, I'm loving it, it just seems we're going in that direction.
>>
>>891326
I had a whole civilization plan here but player choices! As long as everyone is having fun
>>
>>891354
Hah! I mean, you could still throw civ elements at us, but with eight people.. that's hardly much of a civ. I imagine our degree of specialization in our culture is "Teysa's the priestess."
>>
>>891405
Well I've ran three civs before, with one going for a fairly long time until someone came and killed the mc, Dorin the golem king. Miss that bastard. Anyway I like the idea of starting small and becoming something fantastic, or crushed underfoot by someone greater. Most of the time you grow slowly, I think you get more of a bond to the characters that way
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.