[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DORNE QUEST

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: 243874541.jpg (15KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
243874541.jpg
15KB, 318x159px
Dorne Quest: Chapter 1

Here is the all important character sheet : http://pastebin.com/6VqsCQkr

"Cedrick watch what I can do!" You hear one of the party goers shout as they leap from the balcony on to the nearby tree. No mean feat, but still, you are fairly certain this is not what normal ceremonial parties are supposed to be. You sigh as you walk over to your friend Alexi, who is keeping the Targ busy as Melly is also sitting at the same outdoor table. Your not sure what is going on, but you hope it is not one of Alexis infamous card games.

As you walk up you realize it's not. It's worse. Alexi has made Ceviche. You pray to the seven, the old gods, and the god of the volcano that it isn't poisoned. "Ced! Sit! Aelenna made us some Cevhiche." Your new friend Daeron Targaryen says. You thank your gods, that it wasn't Alexis cooking. Missy is still traumatized from the food she took from Alexi, and now she won't eat human food unless she watches you cook it.

So far the party this night has gone exceedingly well, better than any you have thrown before. You are young, but you have had to throw countless parties for your father since the age of twelve. You look around, and you see your fathers personal attendant. They look at you and nod. And just across the way Olenna Redwyne is sitting all by herself with a wry grin on her face looking at you.

It's time to go speak to your father.

>> Have Alexi come with you.
>> Bring the Dareon, he needed an audience with your father
>> Go talk to Olenna first see what she is smiling about.
>> See what Melly's plans are for the night.
>> Go talk to the attendant
>> have some of the Ceviche, see if the Tempered Lady is a decent chef.
>>
>>
>>883573
>Go talk to Olenna first see what she is smiling about.
> have some of the Ceviche, see if the Tempered Lady is a decent chef.
> Bring the Dareon, he needed an audience with your father
>>
>>883573
>have some of the Ceviche, see if the Tempered Lady is a decent chef.
>>
You sit down and have some of the ceviche. It is actually quite good. "Well done Aelenna." You say and she grins then Melly smiles. "You were worried it was Alexi." She says. "Yes." You say calmly. Then Alexi laughs. You look around and Alexi continues laughing.

"What is so funny Alexi." You ask.
"I made your lunch and you enjoyed it." He says. You stop eating.
"It was a sausage and some cheese with crackers." You say.

One of the vinters comes up with a bottle of wine. Ahh, the bedeviled wine.

"Ser." The vinter says to you bringging the bottle.

"Observe." He says. He touches the bottle a certain way and the wine, comes out in bubbles and bursts. Alexi, being Alexi, pours the remainder into his glass. This causes the vinter look worried. Alexi, then samples it.

"It's actually quite good." He says. "It's not my taste in wine, but this, this is good." He says passing you a glass.

Granted, this is Alexi.

You try it. And it's actually good.

>> Invite Olenna Redwyne to try this, she is well known for her taste in wine
>> Give some to Dareon
>> Ask how many more bottles they have.
>> Save a bottle for your father.
>> Give some to Melly.

Then

>> Go talk to the attendant
>> Bring Dareon to go talk to your father
>> Go talk to Olenna
>> Write in
>>
>>883712
> Invite Olenna Redwyne to try this, she is well known for her taste in wine
> Give some to Dareon
> Save a bottle for your father.

Then

> Bring Dareon to go talk to your father
>>
>>883720
This
>>
>>883720
>>883962

"Olenna, if you would please come here and try this." You ask. She comes over as you pour a little for the Targ in your mist first.

She comes over, and samples it. She seems intrigued by it as she drinks. Dareon seems pleased. She gives you a quizzical expression. "This is the second time you have impressed me today. " She says.

You look at the vinter who is lingering nearby. You walk over to him and discreetly pay the man off "Our offer stands." you say paying off the vinter. "Make some more of it." You say and he looks astonished. He smiles and runs off giddy. He was so happy he forgot to take the bottles with him. You take a few of the bottles and set them on the table causing the maiden of the arbor to look at you then at the 'bedeviled wine', but you take one for your father to sample.

"Come Dareon my father awaits." You say and he smiles and stands up.

> Roll 3d6 and get at least a 9
OR
> Roll 4d6 and get at least a 9

one offers more prestige one is a more sure success.
>>
File: 4357298475296.jpg (47KB, 375x502px) Image search: [Google]
4357298475296.jpg
47KB, 375x502px
>>884055
Status update:
Olenna Redwyne: The Noble
Personal status: Friendly
Romantic Interest: Intrigued
>>
Rolled 3, 4, 3, 1 = 11 (4d6)

>>884055
> Roll 4d6 and get at least a 9
>>
Rolled 6, 3, 6 = 15 (3d6)

>>884055
>>
>>884206
I will get to writing.
>>
>>884206
success + 6 degrees of success
Success with two dice
You walk to the meeting room of your father. The throne room. It's not as elaborate as other meeting rooms, hell the throne is uncomfortable as a bed made out goat horns. As you enter the room there is Carlen and your father sitting there. You realize the importance of the event.

"Father, may I present Dareon Targareyn." Your father rises up and stands.

"It is an honor, I have heard much about you. I have heard you seek an audience with me." Your father says. "I have business with my son tonight, a rite of passage must take place and certain actions must be accomplished before the morning light." He says.

Oh shit. You heard about this. The Trials of Alric. The reason why there are not many Conders, is because not many survive the trials of Alric. Dareon looks at you and nods.

"I will be quick then. My family is having issues with rebellion near the borders of dorne, and beyond. We also have to spend coin and time on dealing with rebellions in the west. Your house, has been known for being able to take on raiders and winning, as well as dealing with problems in an unorthodox fashion." Dareon says causing your father to lift an eyebrow.

"And you come to us, because you need the rebellions handled in a matter that makes it seem like your family is not involved. So you came to us because you know of our banner house and the ways of our people." He says standing.

"Quite well put." Dareon says. "We also intend to pay you well and assist you in your ventures." Dareon says and a man bursts into the room unannounced. He walks past the targ and up to your father and hands a single note. Your father reads it, and grins.

"Well it seems tonight is an auspicious night, and all has gone according to plan. Our family shall assist yours, however you must realize our past dealings with your family. So I shall have Alexi talk with his father, and with you. We shall discuss this more in the morning." He says.

"My son, judging from the look on your face, you know what you must do tonight. As always with you, you are expected to perform better than average." Which in the speech of your father means something happened and you have to succeed faster than normal, for reasons he may or may not tell you later. "You are expected to choose your companions. Two you may choose for the trials. If you choose none--"

"I would receive the gift of the shadow." You say, knowing that your father is the last man who received the gift of the shadow in five generations.

"I wish to observe the trials, if I am not mistaken this is allowed by local tradition." Daeron says.

"Aye. If the prince to be allows for an additional observer." Your father says.

First

>> Take the gift of the shadow
>> Take your friends (must be local, you may write in.)

Second

>> Allow Dareon to observe
>> Suggest otherwise (This is dangerous etc)
>>
>>884356
oh right

Success unlocked

2+ to status with [the dark mystic]
2+ to status with [the mystic]

Dareon now respects you!

Your father now has higher respect for you!

Alric the obsidian skull cudgel has higher respect for you!

10+ xp gained!
>>
>>884356
>Take the gift of the shadow
> Allow Dareon to observe
>>
>>884356

>> Take the gift of the shadow
>> Allow Dareon to observe
>>
"I shall receive the gift." You say. "And Dareon has proven his wit and experience, he as a witness and observer would be a boon. Who is my prima." You ask about your first observer.

"Carlen Sand" Your father says causing you to nod. Being observed by Carlen is both a blessing and a curse. While a boon to the family and great good has come from him, he will always be the bastard of your grandfather.

"I am ready." You say, realizing that you probably aren't.

"Ready the gift." Your father says and Carlen, being ever prepared pulls the gift of the shadow. A black cloak with a platinum skull brooch.

"Ours the Remains." your father says. "Your test begins now. You must be back before the blue of the morning. We have business at dawn" Your father says.

That is a loss of at least 3 hours. You give a nod to your father put the cloak over you. So the test begins. "Well Dareon, Carlen will inform you of the rite of the observer, if you would excuse me- " You say and he nods. You leave abruptly. As your sure any other damn fool who took the gift of the shadow has.

The hourglass is at 100.

>> Leap out the window onto the stables roof, get a horse and ride 3d6 then 4d6. +10 to hour glass. Potential injury if failure, -5 to hourglass if failure.

>> Run through the palace out the front gates and take the Lady Brightforge's chariot, inform her of your borrowing of it 3d6, 3d6, 4d6 +30 to hourglass -relationship change if failure, and -10 to hourglass

>> Run to your room, grab Audry and your kit, run outside mount up. No roll, -10 to hour glass

>> Inform your friends, kiss either Melly or Olenna for good luck, mount a horse, and ride
3d6, 4d6, -5 to hourglass +2 luck bonus -10 additional to time for failure.

>> Mystery Box of daring and luck!
3d6, 4d6, 3d6 +2 luck bonus +20 to hour glass, relationship status change if successful, if failure- well it's a mystery box, you will figure it out.
>>
Rolled 2, 5, 4 = 11 (3d6)

>>884623
>Mystery Box of daring and luck!
Do you want us to do all three rolls now?
>>
>>884630
oh right sorry about that.

Roll the first, which yours is a success, then the other two.
>>
Rolled 6, 3, 1, 6 = 16 (4d6)

>>884656
alright

>>884630
>>
Rolled 1, 3, 3 = 7 (3d6)

>>884670
>>
>>884670
The first two are a success, the third I will allow another to roll, although the success on the other is so major I could allow for a single swap of the dice for a complete success on all tests.
>>
>>884681
swap the dice
>>
Alright,
11- 10 needed
13- 12 needed
9 - 8 needed

You realize that there is only one real way to get there fast.

The Young Brightforge has a chariot. She is a champion jouster, but she has been using a chariot lately. Nobody knows why, but the chariot is incredibly fast. Which is what you need for the first part of the test.

So- time to borrow a chariot. Through charm and surprise.

You leap out the window using one of the older banners that hang next to this part of the castle and land right next to the lady brightforge who now looks a bit shocked. "Aelanna" You say giving her a kiss on the cheek causing a few of the young ladies to swoon a bit. "May I use your chariot, I shall bring it back by the dawn."

"You may." She says with a smug grin.

>> Aelanna Brightforge: The Smith is now romantically interested in you.

you run to the chariot and Oelenna Redwyne quickly grabs you. And kisses you.

"Don't do anything to stupid. You're too unique to die in a volcano." She says. And you smile.

"I am indeed." You say hoping into the chariot.

"YAH!" You say and the horses are off. You handle the chariot well, even though it's your first time and you head for the shadow of the mont, a cliff formation near the volcano for the first part of your task.
---
MEANWHILE NEARBY.
--
Cutaway unlocked due to high critical from earlier
---
"Did he just jump out the window, kiss the girl I have been flirting with and take her chariot." Dareon asks.

"He is my son after all. I am surprised he didn't take the Redwyne girl with him. Though I am sure he did it just to get the Chariot for the first part of the test."

"Which is what? Besides almost paying high offense to a prince, granted it is so bold I am not even offended I am impressed. " Dareon says.

"The first task is to Climb the cliff of the mont, and grab the key. And take it to the gate."

"That doesn't seem too difficult" Dareon says, before he is motioned to the cliff face. And shown where the gate is.

"Actually I changed my mind, that is absolutely mental." Dareon says.

"I did it as well. He should be fine, ride out and follow him. But beware, the Rider shall meet him tonight. Tonight there will be much you have not seen as an outsider. Though I suspect you didn't come here for martial support."

"You are actually correct. I was informed that by the dawn, ten black ships with the design and colors you sent to Valyria will be returning. And with treasure that can change history, supposedly. Though honestly I am glad I came, your son is interesting and I would appreciate his help. He seems like he will be a great man and a good friend." Dareon says.

"You are here for the toll. The crowns investment."

"Indeed I am." Dareon says.

"You shall have your return investment. And the promised egg."

"I wasn't aware of this part of the arrangement." Dareon says.

Cont..
>>
File: Daeron_Targ.png (85KB, 208x283px) Image search: [Google]
Daeron_Targ.png
85KB, 208x283px
"Well here is the letter of your father the king to me all those years back. As you can tell it is very detailed in what your father wanted." Dareon takes the note and reads it.

"Great, more mumbo jumbo and mystical hoo ha." Dareon says. "Tell me my father did not throw a good deal of riches into magic." Dareon asks.

"He didn't. He invested in the treasures of valyria being retaken for your family, you will make more than your share of the investment, and it should help the crown greatly. However, there is enough gold and riches to more than recompense."

"How would you know that old man? I know your legends, but that is beyond your grasp." Dareon says.

"Unless I was already informed weeks ago of the manifest of the boats heading this way." A small script is passed to Dareon.

"This, this is-- amazing. If anything to this is true it will certainly be a great windfall." Dareon says.

"You shall receive your promised portion. However, I need my portion, as do my small folk."

"That I can understand." Dareon says. "The rest of this, I am still coming to terms with." Daeron says.

"You may want to catch up with my son, lest you miss the trials entirely.

Choose for Dareon!
>>Tell Cedrick all you know and why you really came.
>> Tell Cedrick that you know about Valyria when you are able to.
>> Keep it private, he doesn't need to know about his fathers dealings yet.
----

You ride out to the cliff face and see where the key is.

"Seven Hells." You say as you note that your father put the key in a dying tree that is on the cliff face.

"I can assist." Alric whispers to you.

"You could also probably assist as a climbing spike." You say in a sarcastic tone.

"That is also true." He whispers.

>> Study a climb path Roll 3d6 -10 to hourglass.

>> Take Alrics advice -10 to hourglass

>> Climb up quickly. Roll 3d6, 4d6, 3d6 +15 to hourglass

>> Climb up safely. Roll 4d6. -10 to hourglass

>> Use the fire pike to set the tree ablaze so the key falls down into your hand, and then ride up to the gate. Roll 4d6 and 3d6. +10 to hourglass, +10 to xp
>>
Rolled 2, 1, 1, 6 = 10 (4d6)

>>884928
>Use the fire pike to set the tree ablaze so the key falls down into your hand, and then ride up to the gate. Roll 4d6 and 3d6. +10 to hourglass, +10 to xp
>>
Rolled 1, 2, 1 = 4 (3d6)

>>884945
>>
>>884945
>>884949
those rolls don't look to good anon. However, they are almost good enough. Almost. Your + 2 luck bonus would make both of those rolls pass barely. I will let you wait for some better rolls hopefully other people may decide to roll.
>>
>>884945
>>884949
Also you forgot to choose for Dareon.
>>
>>884976
Right, totally forgot
>>884928
>Tell Cedrick that you know about Valyria when you are able to.
>>
With the luck bonus-
12 success
6 success

"I think I got an idea Alric." You whisper. You pull out the fire pike and pull back on the switch like in the manual. The jet flame is at least high enough to hit the tree, but the fire pike is now empty on fuel, and the key falls to the ground right next to you.

Right after almost spooking the horses. You go over to them and calm them. "easy girls, easy." You say gently patting them.

"Well I have never seen my spear used like that." Alric whispers.

You pick up the key carefully with a glove. It's still a bit hot. You look behind you and you see Dareon and Carlen riding towards you as observers. You don't know if the tradition is to wait around for them or not. But you know the next step is at the gate.

"To the black gate of the yard of Conder." You say. To the graveyard. You must open the gate and walk through the graveyard past the Ebony tree to the Ruin of the Volcano. And face whatever comes your way. And solve the riddle of the ruin.

You ride quickly to the gate at the graveyard.

You arrive and you notice that carlen has directed dareon to stay back.

"For me, my friend, the gate shall open." You say to Alric. The only part of the rite you know of as you turn the key. The rest of it is unknown to you from here.

You leave the chariot outside the graveyard. The climb up is long and dangerous. "It may open for you friend- but do you have courage to face what is beyond." A high and reedy voice says.

You turn towards the voice. It is the Black Rider. The spitting image of the being your father slain. "Friend of the Shadow, Rider of the night- you have come upon my land. I bid thee may pass. If you can." The Rider dismounts and twirls the scythe.

"You are not the Rider. My father faced him and slew him before me." You say.

"Aye. As his father and his father before him and every other worthy Conder before the eyes of their child. But you face not the rider of your father." The Black Rider says and the scythe becomes wreathed in flames. "You face the Rider of Your Days." You look quickly to your flint and steel and ignite the spear.

>> "Then you face the end of yours-- HAVE AT THEE!" 4d6 +10 to hourglass
>> Observe the Black Rider a moment more something is amiss. -10 to hourglass, 6d6, Potential mystery boxes
>> "So it begins." Run past the Rider, fuck this pleb cosplayer. 3d6 +20 to hourglass
>> "Tell me, Rider of my Days, why do we fight? " Engage the rider in an intrigue.
>> Write in.
>>
>>885243
>"Tell me, Rider of my Days, why do we fight? " Engage the rider in an intrigue.
>>
File: Cu.jpg (288KB, 1462x1462px) Image search: [Google]
Cu.jpg
288KB, 1462x1462px
>>885267
>>
>>885267

This option. Normally we do mystery box but why noy
>>
Alright- it's intrigue time. You have intrigue initiative. You may roll, in this case 4 d6 or 6d6. Personally I would take the six, but this a personal decision.

Next- since this is an intrigue, your job is to convince the Rider that they are on your side or to let you pass.

So write in wisely.
>>
Rolled 2, 4, 4, 3, 4, 3 = 20 (6d6)

>>885341
Rider, as it is your duty to protect this volcano, it is my duty to protect the my people. If you let me pass I may complete my duties, and you may continue yours. As our domains overlap, we may in the future work to accomplish both of our goals more effectively.
>>
>>885403
Since there has been no opposition, I will begin writing
>>
Rolled 5, 2, 3, 2, 5, 4, 4, 4, 6 = 35 (9d6)

"Rider, as it is your duty to protect this volcano, as it is my duty to to protect the people of my land. If you let me complete my duties you may continue yours. As our domains overlap we may in the future work to accomplish both our goals more effectively." You say. The rider pauses for a moment.

"You chose the gift." The rider says. "Behold it's sigil." The rider says pointing to the brooch. "The gift is thus, I shall assist you on this night of nights if you are worthy. And we shall work to help this land together. But only if you are worthy" The Rider says.

"How do I prove this?" You ask.

"You have reacted with logic, and with poise, but ready to answer a threat like any true Conder. You are ready for the truth, as any who has chosen the gift. But first you must--"

>> INTRIGUE SUCCESS
>> MYSTERY BOX ACTIVATED

"Hand over your coin purses you two." A man in a shoddy variant of the riders motif says sneaking up on, probably the worst looking horse you have ever seen (To the degree you feel sad for it) carrying a crossbow and a very large axe.

"You are really trying to rob the heir to house Conder, and the actual Black Rider of the Volcano." You say aloud to the man.

"No ser. I am not trying anything. You either give me your coin purses or I will slice your throat and find out what is underneath the rider's mask after taking that shiny bauble of yours. Also ser rider, I would like that shiny scythe of yours" He says pointing his crossbow.

The rider causes the scythe to catch flame after rubbing it with a powder. "Then you ser, shall have it." The Rider says. "You wish to prove your worth young Conder, help me in the slaying of this impostor."

Time to roll for combat.
>>
Almost forgot

You get to roll 4d6

You also get to pick a mystery box!

>[Mystery Box of ancient lettering]
>[Mystery Box of unknown origin]
>[Mystery Box of Secret treasure]
> [ Mystery Box of hidden wisdom]
>[mystery Box of old school soul]
>[Mystery Box Improvaizen Tier Shenanigans]
>>
Rolled 5, 1, 5, 2 = 13 (4d6)

>>892321
>[Mystery Box of unknown origin]
>>
Rolled 1, 6, 5, 3 = 15 (4d6)

>>892321
>[Mystery Box Improvaizen Tier Shenanigans]
I guess in this one specific situation, I can still call on Kubo.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.