[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Relic Quest #19

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 13

File: Andhaka2.jpg (189KB, 574x650px) Image search: [Google]
Andhaka2.jpg
189KB, 574x650px
Demons. Eldjötnar. Oni. Asura. Jinn. Monsters.

Whatever they are called, they now rule the world. On December 21st, 2012, the barrier separating Earth from what is now called the Eskathos ruptured, and these twisted creatures emerged from the Breach to gorge themselves upon the flesh and souls of humanity and sate their endless appetite for wrath, pride, envy, insincerity, falseness, boasting, and bellicosity.

Mad Wendigo spreads frozen wastelands and devours all those unlucky enough to cross its path. Radiant Lucifer spreads his devout cult of personality throughout the world. Jealous Andhaka abducts the wives of his despairing subjects. Two-faced Shezmu drowns northern Africa in orgies of wine and blood. Hidden Vucub-Caquix usurps day and night in South America. Arrogant Arachne weaves her monstrous fashion out of hair shaved from the heads of beautiful maidens. Evil-eyed Balor wages war and battle in Ireland and its neighbors to expand his kingdom.

Demons were not the only ones to return, however. Soon after the Breach opened, the Relics awakened their power. Only these men and women, mortal embodiments of divine weapons and tools, hold the power to match the forces of the Eskathos.

Excalibur and its Sheath arose first, followed by the Thunderbolt, the Tower of Babel, the Brahmastra, Gungnir, the Was and the Smoking Mirror.

The Relics defend human civilization and gather their strength until the day comes when they can lay siege to the Breach and assail the Eskathos itself.

You are one of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRznDqTeHkU

Twitter: @BeleagueredQM
Rules and Character Sheet: http://pastebin.com/786fFQet
Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?searchall=relic+quest
>>
File: Andhaka2.jpg (120KB, 450x281px) Image search: [Google]
Andhaka2.jpg
120KB, 450x281px
>>876848
Enemy: Andhaka
Health: N/A
END: S
SPD: S
DIV: S

You stare up at a titanic Asura the size of a mountain. Smouldering flames burn beneath its cracked flesh and storm clouds gather around its head. It appears to be very fucking pissed off.

"This isn't a physical body," Eshan explains. "It's a manifestation of pure divine power."

"That doesn't matter," you assure him. "Gleipnir can still bind it."

"It matters in other areas," Eshan says. "For one, damage doesn't really add up, so we can't just beat it to death. Based on past experiences, the only way to defeat Andhaka is to destroy all six of its arms, but I was never able to take out more than three. My Brahmastra should be able to do it, but I need all of you to attack and create openings for me."

"That doesn't sound too complicated," Orianne says. "We attack and you destroy the arms. Simple, no?"

"The complication is that each arm has access to one random attack or defense," Eshan explains. "As we destroy Andhaka's arms, it will lose its powers and its divinity will wane; that's why I think it's possible to completely destroy."

"So the most effective path to success is to destroy the arms with the strongest defensive abilities or the most dangerous attacks," Natsumi says," but we have no way of knowing what each arm is capable of."

"That does sound like a complication," Selene says.

You can attack while Andhaka is still in the process of forming its main body.

- [DC14] Try to figure out what Andhaka's powers are.
- [DC17] Bind Andhaka, reducing its END to E.
- [DC17] Bind Andhaka, reducing its SPD to E.
- [DC16] Bind Andhaka, reducing its END and SPD to B.
- Have Selene prepare an arrow so you can try to take out two arms at once.
>>
>>876849
>- [DC16] Bind Andhaka, reducing its END and SPD to B.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>876849
>- [DC14] Try to figure out what Andhaka's powers are.
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>876908
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>876908
Option #1

>>876914
Option #2

And I need another roll from whoever.
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>876948
>>
File: Eamon6.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Eamon6.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>876849

It can't be that hard to figure out what Andhaka's limbs do, right? You carefully examine them as they form and try to puzzle out their powers.

Although it's a little difficult, you think you can get the gist of it based on the feel of their divine power.

Arm #1: A flaming sword attack that relies on ENDURANCE.
Arm #2: A bow of lightning that attacks with SPEED.
Arm #3: A censer powered by DIVINITY that unleashes toxic smoke.
Arm #4: A shield of thunder that blocks attacks of SPEED.
Arm #5: A golden armband that blocks attacks of END.
Arm #6: A necklace of prayer beads that block attacks of DIVINITY.

By destroying these arms, you can limit Andhaka's attacks or undermine his protection so that you can hit him harder.

In fact, now would be a good time to start. Andhaka raises his sword of fire and brings it crashing down upon your heads.

- [DC14] Parry the attack yourself.
- [DC13] Natsumi's Relic is better suited for this task.
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>877006
>- [DC13] Natsumi's Relic is better suited for this task.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>877006
So all those powers are wrong because we failed the roll right?
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>877006
>>
>>877027
Luck bonus got expended
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>877006
>>
File: Ame no Ohabari.png (117KB, 307x473px) Image search: [Google]
Ame no Ohabari.png
117KB, 307x473px
>>877006

Natsumi calls forth Ame-no-Ohabari and slashes at Andhaka's sword of fire. A tidal wave rushes from her Relic to meet the attack, drowning the flames out completely. A humid, but harmless, fog roils over the battlefield in its stead, and Andhaka jerks away. This gives you some time to think about the powers you have at your disposal and how to best make use of them.

Natsumi's Relic works best against fire, while Selene has an attack which is impossible to dodge. That's as good a starting point as any, but you could take this opportunity to deploy Gleipnir instead.

- [DC13] Order Natsumi to attack Arm #1.
- [DC11] Have Selene pin down Arm #2.
- [DC11] Have Selene pin down Arm #4.
- [DC16] Bind Andhaka, reducing its END and SPD to B.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>877170
>- [DC16] Bind Andhaka, reducing its END and SPD to B.
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>877170
>- [DC13] Order Natsumi to attack Arm #1.
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>877170
>- [DC13] Order Natsumi to attack Arm #1.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>877244
>[DC16] Bind Andhaka, reducing its END and SPD to B.
Dice gods I beseech thee. Let this divine bondage proceed.
>>
Eh, screw it, I don't want to waste too much time. I'll just go for the vote that beats the DC.
>>
File: Natsumi 4.jpg (185KB, 741x1014px) Image search: [Google]
Natsumi 4.jpg
185KB, 741x1014px
>>877170
DIV: A

"Natsumi, keep going!"

Your teammate understands your meaning immediately. She raises her sword once more and cuts down, unleashing a razor-thin wave of water at Andhaka's arm, knocking the sword out of its hand.

Eshan snaps his fingers and a golden streak of light falls from the sky. It strikes one of Andhaka's shoulders and explodes in a blinding, deafening light. For a moment, the only thing you see is a mushroom cloud that covers the whole horizon in every direction.

Andhaka roars in anger as its first arm disintegrates into nothingness, and its eyes burn like exploding suns. He raises his censer, but it's obvious that his power has diminished.

"You dare! You dare wound me! You will all die before me!"

- [DC12] Defend yourself with Gleipnir.
- [DC13] This technically counts as a fire attack. Natsumi can take it.
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>877347
>- [DC13] This technically counts as a fire attack. Natsumi can take it.
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>877347
>- [DC12] Defend yourself with Gleipnir.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>877347
>- [DC13] This technically counts as a fire attack. Natsumi can take it.
>>
>>877347
>[DC12] Defend yourself with Gleipnir.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>877385
forgot to roll
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>877347
>[DC12] Defend yourself with Gleipnir.
Going with the option that has already passed DC ;)
>>
File: Eshan3.jpg (6KB, 240x200px) Image search: [Google]
Eshan3.jpg
6KB, 240x200px
>>877347
DIV: A

Since Gleipnir isn't doing anything at the moment, you might as well use it for defense. Your Relic uncoils itself from your arm and forms an impenetrable protective cocoon around your group.

"Does anyone know how long that smoke will last?"

"It shouldn't be too long," Eshan says. "It feels just about done."

You slowly unravel the protective dome, then drop it entirely when toxic smoke doesn't seep in.

"Everyone, be ready," you say. "We're taking another one of its arms."

- [DC11] Tell Orianne to attack Arm #3.
- [DC11] Tell Orianne to attack Arm #6.
- [DC11] Have Selene pin down Arm #2.
- [DC11] Have Selene pin down Arm #4.
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>877489
>- [DC11] Have Selene pin down Arm #4.
>>
>>877489
>- [DC11] Have Selene pin down Arm #2.
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>877538
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>877489
>[DC11] Have Selene pin down Arm #2.
Scary lightning bow must go
>>
File: Selene8.jpg (59KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
Selene8.jpg
59KB, 540x304px
>>877489
DIV: B

"Selene, can you pin down the… second arm?"

Selene arrogantly flicks her hair and nocks an arrow to her Silver Bow.

"Hmm!" She aims her Relic at Andhaka's arm. "Such a task is a simple matter for a divine champion such as myself."

The Silver Arrow flies through the sky, altering its path through the wind to impale itself in Andhaka's second arm.

The Brahmastra falls once more, and the arm is blown away, along with everything else within several dozen miles. The battlefield will be a barren wasteland by the time you're done here.

And since Andhaka can only attack with its censer, your defense becomes much easier.

- [DC11] Use Gleipnir again.
- [DC12] Let Natsumi take care of it.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>877607
>- [DC11] Use Gleipnir again.
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>877607
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>877607
>>
File: Orianne9.jpg (112KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Orianne9.jpg
112KB, 1920x1080px
>>877607
DIV: B

Gleipnir forms another protective barrier around you. This one doesn't last as long, but it doesn't need to; Andhaka's power has dropped noticeably now. It's still a threat, and you won't underestimate it, but it's clear that the battle is going in your favour.

"It only has one weapon left," Orianne says, "but we still need to worry about its defenses."

"Andhaka cannot defend itself to victory," Natsumi says. "Once it is disarmed, victory will surely be ours."

Selene snorts. "It's not like its attack has been doing much anyway," she says. "And since it's a divine power, every arm we cut off weakens it further. No matter what we do, our advantage increases."

"I'd still appreciate it if you could hurry with this," Eshan says. "I don't want to take any chances."

- [DC12] Order Natsumi to attack Arm #3 and destroy Andhaka's last weapon.
- [DC11] Have Selene attack Arm #4.
- [DC14] Attack Arm #5 yourself.
- Tell Selene to prepare an orbital strike so you can destroy two arms in your next attack.
>>
>>877765
>- [DC12] Order Natsumi to attack Arm #3 and destroy Andhaka's last weapon.
>>
I still need rolls.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>877765
>[DC12] Order Natsumi to attack Arm #3 and destroy Andhaka's last weapon.
Fugg yeh, time to toy with this putz.
>>
Rolled 12, 5 = 17 (2d20)

>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>877769
>>
File: Natsumi 20.gif (2MB, 1958x1382px) Image search: [Google]
Natsumi 20.gif
2MB, 1958x1382px
>>877765
DIV: C

Natsumi unleashes another attack with Ame-no-Ohabari. The tidal surge crushes Andhaka's remaining offensive arm, and Eshan annihilates it with an attack of his own.

Andhaka is no longer able to attack, but you still need to finish it off.

"Don't let your guard down," Eshan says. "We absolutely can't let it slip away."

- [DC9] Have Selene attack Arm #4.
- [DC14] Attack Arm #5 yourself.
- [DC9] Tell Orianne to attack Arm #6.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>877937
>- [DC14] Attack Arm #5 yourself.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>877937
>- [DC14] Attack Arm #5 yourself.
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>877937
>[DC14] Attack Arm #5 yourself.
I'll save us. For sure. *kisses dice*
>>
File: Eamon5.jpg (80KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Eamon5.jpg
80KB, 1280x720px
>>877937
DIV: C

You pull your sleeves back, crack your knuckles and ineffectually slam your fist into a wall of golden light that appears right in front of you.

Well. That settles that.

- [DC10] Orianne can take Arm #5 instead.
- [DC11] You can attack Arm #6.
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>878028
>- [DC11] You can attack Arm #6.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>878028
>[DC9] Have Selene attack Arm #4.
Get the shield. I wanna leave prayer beads till last. Also, low DC because I can't roll today.
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>878028
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>878028
>>
File: Eamon9.jpg (40KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
Eamon9.jpg
40KB, 600x337px
>>878028
DIV: D

Instead, you throw a punch at the sixth arm, the one that defends against divine attacks. Gleipnir wraps around your arm and a illusory fist appears in the air above you to properly deliver your attack.

The ephemeral arm grabs the necklace of prayer beads and rips it apart, scattering its power. Eshan uses this opportunity to deal another blow to Andhaka, taking another of its arms away.

- [DC10] Orianne can take Arm #5.
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>878154
>- [DC10] Orianne can take Arm #5.
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>878154
>- [DC10] Orianne can take Arm #5.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>878154
This time I will get over the DC. Really.
>>
File: Joyeuse2.jpg (22KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Joyeuse2.jpg
22KB, 600x600px
>>878154
DIV: E

"Orianne, if you would be so kind."

The sword Joyeuse appears in Orianne's hand. Golden light emerges from you and your companions, wrapping around the Relic to produce a golden blade that stretches out towards the sky. Orianne brings that sword down upon the golden armband.

Andhaka roars bleeds crimson flames, but its defense falters before Orianne's Relic. In that small opening, Eshan unleashes the Brahmastra again.

Only one arm yet remains now, the one that defends against attacks of speed.

- [DC12] Launch a group attack against Arm #4.
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>878275
Er, we don't need everyone attacking...
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>878275
>- [DC12] Launch a group attack against Arm #4.
>>
File: Selene7.jpg (60KB, 850x848px) Image search: [Google]
Selene7.jpg
60KB, 850x848px
>>878275
You give Selene a nod and she prepares another of her Silver Arrows. A web of thunder and lightning lashes out to meet it, but the arrow weaves through the net at an impossible speed and impales Andhaka's last hand.

"That's all of them." Eshan points a finger at Andhaka's shoulder and his Relic strikes one last time, utterly destroying the army.

Andhaka thrashes and howls in rage. His body swells and explodes into flames, but there's no heat or overpressure. His power just slowly dissipates in the ether.

"Another one down," you say. "That just leaves Lucifer."

"Exterminating the remains of Andhaka's forces will take time," Eshan says, "but my subordinates will take care of it. Thank you for helping us."

"It's part of the job," you say.

"I guess we're going back to Europe then," Orianne says. "I wonder if the Commander has any leads."

"I do." Commander Blumstein interrupts your conversation with a telepathic call. You've just received an invitation to Italy. We'll talk more once you get back."
>>
>>878395
And that's all for today. Relic Quest will return Sunday December 4th at 7PM EST. As a reminder, I'll also be running Beleaguered Prince Quest Friday December 2nd, also at 7PM EST.

Goodnight and thanks for playing.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.